PDA

View Full Version : Paul George Says It

SpecialQue
07-17-2013, 09:08 PM
http://www.sportscity.com/paul-george-says-itd-be-difficult-to-say-no-to-kobe-bryant/2013/07/17/

[QUOTE]

SpecialQue
07-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Imagine if the Lakers get George, Melo, and resign Kobe???? All that scoring...

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8826/insaneclownposseicpnucl.gif

InspiredLebowski
07-17-2013, 09:13 PM
the amount of spin so many media outlets are putting on this interview is pretty funny. Cowherd badgered him repeatedly about LA.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9482639

Twiens
07-17-2013, 09:27 PM
He'll be restricted though, Pacers would match anything

SpecialQue
07-17-2013, 09:28 PM

And they should.

But think of the scoring!

scm5
07-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Wow, did he really say that?

bluechox2
07-17-2013, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE]

SpecialQue
07-17-2013, 09:37 PM
fixed that for the non-laker community where media likes to distort things..

:(

thabisyo
07-17-2013, 09:42 PM
The F it is a difficult decision. F home if Kobe is there. It wont be home if Kobe is there

KingMichael23
07-17-2013, 09:45 PM
The F it is a difficult decision. F home if Kobe is there. It wont be home if Kobe is there
He wants to play along side his idol.

Nastradamus
07-17-2013, 09:47 PM
No way they can get him, Pacrers clearly match.

thabisyo
07-17-2013, 09:58 PM
He wants to play along side his idol.

he should get another fVcken Idol. who the F idolizes kobe. what the F has he done :facepalm

KyrieTheFuture
07-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Since when has saying no been a problem for Kobe?

PickernRoller
07-17-2013, 10:06 PM
he should get another fVcken Idol. who the F idolizes kobe. what the F has he done :facepalm

Starting to get the impression this another RG bootleg account. 95% confirmed.

Droid101
07-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Absolutely nothing. Kobe is like Johnny Flynn essentially.

doinitbig06
07-17-2013, 10:08 PM

#whoathere looks like NELLY has joined ISH!

SpecialQue
07-17-2013, 10:09 PM

Yup, it is. I just noticed that from the last three posts I've seen of his. Another f@gg0t for my ignore list. :facepalm I swear I've added seven people to my ignore list since the finals ended.

thabisyo
07-17-2013, 10:13 PM

Who the heck is RG now?

So if i dont like some one i must be an alt of some body? :facepalm what a genius :no:

KingLeBronJames
07-17-2013, 10:40 PM
LeBron idolizes Kobe. He said it himself before he came into the NBA.

Fresh Kid
07-17-2013, 10:43 PM
Are you watching the same sport?

SpecialQue
07-17-2013, 10:43 PM

I remember in that More Than a Game doc Lebron was showing off his room and he had a wall devoted to Kobe posters. Had another wall for Jordan I believe.

Didn't Bosh idolize Duncan as well? People here forget that these players started out as fans first.

thabisyo
07-17-2013, 10:45 PM

I am sorry to break it to ya but Lebron doing something doesnt make it a good idea :facepalm

KNOW1EDGE
07-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Indiana wont match an offer for Paul George.

And Melo will leave NY to play with the over-the-hill stars in LA.

Bron will get the 3peat next year, and then go to LA so he can lose.

I don't get Laker fans. :hammerhead:

thabisyo
07-17-2013, 10:52 PM
Indiana wont match an offer for Paul George.

And Melo will leave NY to play with the over-the-hill stars in LA.

Bron will get the 3peat next year, and then go to LA so he can lose.

I don't get Laker fans. :hammerhead:

Laker fans are stupid, you are welcome :cheers:

I<3NBA
07-17-2013, 11:34 PM
inb4 rape jokes:mad:
spoilsport

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
07-17-2013, 11:40 PM
I donn't blame him I mean it's Kobe Bryant. Many players have benefited playing with Kobe like Ariza, Brown, Odom, Gasol, Clark, etc. Kobe just makes everyone around him better. Can you imagine Kobe and George on the same team? George is already a developing superstar but under the guidance of Kobe, he could possibly turn out to be a top 10 player of all time.

HorryIsMyMVP
07-17-2013, 11:42 PM
I donn't blame him I mean it's Kobe Bryant. Many players have benefited playing with Kobe like Ariza, Brown, Odom, Gasol, Clark, etc. Kobe just makes everyone around him better. Can you imagine Kobe and George on the same team? George is already a developing superstar but under the guidance of Kobe, he could possibly turn out to be a top 10 player of all time.
What Brown are you talking about? If you are talking about Shannon it is dumb because they played the same position but Shannon came off the bench. If you are talking about Kwame. Then by all means kill yourself.

thabisyo
07-17-2013, 11:45 PM

:facepalm Kobe himself is not even top 10. He is a scrub who copying MJ, a scrub that was elevated to Superstar status thanks to being an accused rapist, a Superstar manufactured by ESPN

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
07-17-2013, 11:48 PM
What Brown are you talking about? If you are talking about Shannon it is dumb because they played the same position but Shannon came off the bench. If you are talking about Kwame. Then by all means kill yourself.
I'm talking about Shannon Brown. If anything Brown benefited the most playing under Kobe. He was a nobody before the coming to the Lakers but with a little guidance from Kobe, he was transformed into a solid SG.

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
07-17-2013, 11:51 PM
:facepalm Kobe himself is not even top 10. He is a scrub who copying MJ, a scrub that was elevated to Superstar status thanks to being an accused rapist, a Superstar manufactured by ESPN
I agree Kobe isn't top 10 he's top 5.:cheers:

DavisWarriorsFan
07-17-2013, 11:52 PM
:facepalm Another troll on ISH with no basketball knowledge.

thabisyo
07-17-2013, 11:53 PM
:facepalm Another troll on ISH with no basketball knowledge.

Do I look like a troll? If you have nothing smart to say, then shut up

DavisWarriorsFan
07-17-2013, 11:56 PM
Do I look like a troll? If you have nothing smart to say, then shut up
Speak for yourself with all the posts you made on this thread.

Fresh Kid
07-18-2013, 12:10 AM
Speak for yourself with all the posts you made on this thread.
I agree.

Lamar Odumbb
07-18-2013, 12:28 AM

At least youre smart enought to say accused. If Kobe wanted to, he could sue everyone in here for slander just like Donald Trump did with that chick who said his pageants were rigged and Donald Tramp sued her for defamation and won 4 million in damaages.

HorryIsMyMVP
07-18-2013, 01:10 AM
I'm talking about Shannon Brown. If anything Brown benefited the most playing under Kobe. He was a nobody before the coming to the Lakers but with a little guidance from Kobe, he was transformed into a solid SG.
This is the most delusional thing I have witnessed in a long time. So pretty much any scrub who plays well on the Lakers it is because of Kobe? Even though they rarely if ever were on the court at the same time. Why don't you just go off and give Kobe credit for Jared Dudley playing well on the Sun's? It would be about the same thing as you are doing right now.

The Iron Fist
07-18-2013, 01:22 AM
This is the most delusional thing I have witnessed in a long time. So pretty much any scrub who plays well on the Lakers it is because of Kobe? Even though they rarely if ever were on the court at the same time. Why don't you just go off and give Kobe credit for Jared Dudley playing well on the Sun's? It would be about the same thing as you are doing right now.
When those players best years are with Kobe, its not a coincidence.

jstern
07-18-2013, 01:45 AM
Why is the "To Kobe" in paranthesis.

Did he actually say "Of course it would be tough. You

daily
07-18-2013, 01:51 AM

Pacers won't have the cap room. If Lakers go anywhere near a max contract the Pacers won't have the cap room to match the contract

poido123
07-18-2013, 02:12 AM
At least youre smart enought to say accused. If Kobe wanted to, he could sue everyone in here for slander just like Donald Trump did with that chick who said his pageants were rigged and Donald Tramp sued her for defamation and won 4 million in damaages.

There is something wrong when a guy that rich and powerful can go at someone much poorer and less powerful than him and win a court case. She probably deserved some kind of karma, but not to be sent broke like that. Imagine you having a go at a rich congressman and he turns around and says I'm gonna sue you and make you bankrupt over an honest jest?

This world of sueing sombody over the most trivial acts is starting to get out of hand. If you can't handle a bit of criticism, don't make yourself famous in the first place :facepalm

Scholar
07-18-2013, 02:48 AM
Pacers won't have the cap room. If Lakers go anywhere near a max contract the Pacers won't have the cap room to match the contract

This is what I'm hoping for.

Everyone I know who is willing to discuss the Lakers future after this season always mention wanting either Melo or LeBron to come to LA. I doubt LBJ will risk taking another hit to his image, and Melo is a great player but not someone I want the Lakers to build around.
PG is the player I hope they toss the max deal to. This guy will still be in his early 20's. And with all the Laker legends still having major influence in LA, I am confident he'll turn out better with LAL than of he remains with the pacers.

Fawker
07-18-2013, 02:59 AM
he is done!!! like ummm done. kobe has a torn achilles. it is there, never to fully heal unless he is the 1st case of a breakthrough. he maybe able to hike up his favorite hill or ride a bike, but play basketball, even lateral movements to impose his will on both sides of the ball, i don't think so. and i love kobe.

InspiredLebowski
07-18-2013, 04:20 AM
Pacers won't have the cap room. If Lakers go anywhere near a max contract the Pacers won't have the cap room to match the contractYes, we will. You don't need cap room to extend your own rookie anyway.

chazzy
07-18-2013, 04:25 AM
He's not going anywhere. People need to stop mentioning his name in FA discussions

tomtucker
07-18-2013, 04:38 AM
Since when has saying no been a problem for Kobe?

exactly.................you say no to kobe, then he just goes in though the backdoor

dbugz
07-18-2013, 04:56 AM
Another Kobe's scapegoat-to be

:lol

daily
07-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Yes, we will. You don't need cap room to extend your own rookie anyway.

Section 43, titled What is Restricted Free agency

As with any contract offer, a team must have enough room -- either cap room or room provided by an exception -- for the offer sheet. They must also maintain sufficient room while the offer sheet is outstanding -- e.g., they can't sign a restricted free agent to an offer sheet, and then use up all their cap room by signing another free agent during the three-day waiting period.

Likewise, the player's prior team cannot match an offer sheet that is greater than their room. They must have enough room -- again, either cap room or a satisfactory exception -- at the time they are given notice that the player has signed an offer sheet, and at all times until matching. They cannot make moves to create sufficient room after receiving an offer sheet.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

Crown&Coke
07-18-2013, 02:16 PM
good thing for him Indy won't give him the chance.

Worst case scenario is the Lakers sign him to a max offer sheet, and Indy takes all but 2 minutes to match. Done and Done son.

This dude is on his way.

Best case is Indy locks him up before the start of the season coming up. Take all the bullshit out of it from the jump

He is going to be in Indy.

Crown&Coke
07-18-2013, 02:19 PM

As with any contract offer, a team must have enough room -- either cap room or room provided by an exception -- for the offer sheet. They must also maintain sufficient room while the offer sheet is outstanding -- e.g., they can't sign a restricted free agent to an offer sheet, and then use up all their cap room by signing another free agent during the three-day waiting period.

Likewise, the player's prior team cannot match an offer sheet that is greater than their room. They must have enough room -- again, either cap room or a satisfactory exception -- at the time they are given notice that the player has signed an offer sheet, and at all times until matching. They cannot make moves to create sufficient room after receiving an offer sheet.

And the exception they will use is they will have Paul's Bird Rights, they can go over the cap to sign their own guy even if they have 20billion already in committed salary

InspiredLebowski
07-18-2013, 02:22 PM
And the exception they will use is they will have Paul's Bird Rights, they can go over the cap to sign their own guy even if they have 20billion already in committed salaryLet em dream I guess.

Bird was just on local radio and said they'll match anything (no shit) if he goes to market.

crisoner
07-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Paul George *****! Lakeshow!!!!

riseagainst
07-18-2013, 03:05 PM

dam... you must really hate Kobe. Did he rape and pillage your village?

longtime lurker
07-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Pacers say "It's easy to match any offer for Paul George" and that's the end of that.

daily
07-18-2013, 03:13 PM
And the exception they will use is they will have Paul's Bird Rights, they can go over the cap to sign their own guy even if they have 20billion already in committed salaryWrong kind of exception, that was a reference to a trade exception.

No bird rights in play coming off of a rookie contract.

Besides just outbidding the Pacers which is easily done because of their limited cap room next summer the Lakers could drop a poison pill in the contract by structuring the offer in such a way the Pacers have no way to match the contract without violating the CBA ala Houston Rockets for Asik and Lin.

This is seriously doable for the Lakers should they want to go down that road and looking at the Pacers cap space next summer vs the Lakers the only thing that keeps George in Indiana is loyalty

InspiredLebowski
07-18-2013, 03:15 PM
Wrong kind of exception, that was a reference to a trade exception.

Besides just outbidding the Pacers which is easily done because of their limited cap room next summer the Lakers could drop a poison pill in the contract by structuring the offer in such a way the Pacers have no way to match the contract without violating the CBA ala Houston Rockets for Asik and Lin.

This is seriously doable for the Lakers should they want to go down that road and looking at the Pacers cap space next summer vs the Lakers the only thing that keeps George in Indiana is loyaltyYou clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Yes Bird Rights matter. You're a Lakers fan right? How have the Lakers ever extended one of their rookies if they needed cap space to do it? How'd they extend Bynum for 12 mil a year or whatever? The Lin and Asik deals are not poison pill contracts, they're Arenas Provision contracts and George would not have a contract structured in such a way.

Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about.

daily
07-18-2013, 03:15 PM
Pacers say "It's easy to match any offer for Paul George" and that's the end of that.That's the old CBA the new one is structured in a way that that's not always possible. Players wanted more freedom of movement for guys coming off of their rookie contracts so they took away the ability for teams to "match any offer".

PJR
07-18-2013, 03:18 PM
That's the old CBA the new one is structured in a way that that's not always possible. Players wanted more freedom of movement for guys coming off of their rookie contracts so they took away the ability for teams to "match any offer".

Shut up. You have NO clue what you're talking about. :oldlol:

D-Rose
07-18-2013, 03:18 PM

This is seriously doable for the Lakers should they want to go down that road and looking at the Pacers cap space next summer vs the Lakers the only thing that keeps George in Indiana is loyalty
IL is completely right...you're delusional AND completely wrong. Even if LA made the contract anything like Asik/Lin, Indiana would match in a heartbeat. He's getting the max end of story, matched by Indiana if he even bothers to go to another team to do it.

lol @ outbidding someone who has the rights to the RFA and cap room doesn't matter a lick.

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
07-18-2013, 03:19 PM
I say 90% chance Paul George comes to the Lakers. Lets he real, who can resist the opportunity to play with the legendary Kobe Bryant? Exactly, Paul George will be a Laker next season and Kobe will mold him into a superstar.

2LeTTeRS
07-18-2013, 03:22 PM

Sorry man but your wrong. A team gets a Bird's Right Exception for any player whose been with the team for 3 or more consecutive years. Check it out >>>> http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q25

25. What are salary cap exceptions?

The basic rule of the NBA's salary cap is that a team can't sign a player or make a trade that leaves the team's team salary above the cap, unless the team is using an exception. In a system with a soft cap, exceptions are the mechanisms that allow teams to function while above the cap. Some exceptions are available only for making trades, and are described in detail starting in question number 80. The exceptions available for signing players are as follows1:

LARRY BIRD EXCEPTION -- This exception allows teams to exceed the cap in order to re-sign their own free agents, up to the player's maximum salary. Teams are said to have "Bird rights" to players who qualify. To qualify for this exception a player essentially must play for three seasons without clearing waivers or changing teams as a free agent, however there are nuances to this rule, which are explained in question number 32. This means a player can qualify by playing under three consecutive one-year contracts, a single contract of at least three years, or any equivalent combination. It also means that when a player is traded, his Bird rights are traded with him, and his new team can use the Larry Bird exception to re-sign him. These contracts can be up to five years in length, with raises up to 7.5% of the salary in the first season of the contract. Players who qualify for this exception are called "Qualifying Veteran Free Agents" in the CBA, and this exception is formally a component of the Veteran Free Agent exception.

daily
07-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Sorry man but your wrong. A team gets a Bird's Right Exception for any player whose been with the team for 3 or more consecutive years. Check it out >>>> http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q25Doesn't apply to rookie contracts, they're treated differently.

D-Rose
07-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Doesn't apply to rookie contracts, they're treated differently.
So you're saying that a team has to be under the cap and have the sufficient cap room to match their own RFA that they drafted?

Why in the hell would that make sense? Why would the league want rebuilding teams to lose their young stars? :facepalm

There's a reason the cap holds exist. If a contract like the Lin one was made, all Indiana would need is their MLE to match because that's what the first year of Lin offer sheet was essentially.

2LeTTeRS
07-18-2013, 03:27 PM

Man you are clueless :roll:

Lamar Odumbb
07-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Paul George has Adrian Dantley written all over him. They both have mind nuumbingly boring dispositions as players. Paul always looks half asleep on the court devoid of emotion. To be a leader, you have to be firey like Kobe, Bird, Jordan, and Lebron.

PJR
07-18-2013, 03:34 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Retard.

daily
07-18-2013, 03:41 PM
So you're saying that a team has to be under the cap and have the sufficient cap room to match their own RFA that they drafted?

Why in the hell would that make sense? Why would the league want rebuilding teams to lose their young stars? :facepalm

There's a reason the cap holds exist. If a contract like the Lin one was made, all Indiana would need is their MLE to match because that's what the first year of Lin offer sheet was essentially.

No I'm not saying it the CBA says it. It was restructured in the last negotiations because the players didn't like that they had no power coming off of rookie contracts.

once again.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q43

Fresh Kid
07-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Paul George has Adrian Dantley written all over him. They both have mind nuumbingly boring dispositions as players. Paul always looks half asleep on the court devoid of emotion. To be a leader, you have to be firey like Kobe, Bird, Jordan, and Lebron.
Im sorry Paul "Overrated one season wonder" George will never be a Adrian Dantley. No way possible.

InspiredLebowski
07-18-2013, 03:43 PM
You realize that what you're citing is talking about the Arenas Provision right? Which doesn't apply to George.

daily
07-18-2013, 03:46 PM
You realize that what you're citing is talking about the Arenas Provision right? Which doesn't apply to George.
Wrong link, fixed

InspiredLebowski
07-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Wrong link, fixedand the correct link shows that you're wrong, just like everyone's been saying...

Jailblazers7
07-18-2013, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I think I'm gonna trust that Larry Bird has a better grasp of the application of Bird Rights than some delusional fan on a website.

Fresh Kid
07-18-2013, 04:05 PM
arenas (in his prime) =better than george

Crown&Coke
07-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Paul George is a heck of a player, would absolutely love him on the Lakers.

But their is no way it is going to happen in 2014. Like really, ZERO chance.

Unless he takes the Qualifying Offer and in 2015 becomes an unrestricted free agent and then comes to the Lakers. And the chances that happens are equal to me nailing Eva Mendez... which aint happening

Dro
07-18-2013, 05:51 PM

Bro, stop. I don't know why you keep on spitting misinformation when you've been corrected by numerous people in this thread, the first person who corrected you is a diehard Pacer fan, as am I. We are well aware of the Pacers cap situation and obviously how the salary cap works as a whole. You're sounding like the maid on Family Guy who just keeps saying "no".

HomieWeMajor
07-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Go and play NBA 2k13 Association mode. It will make you understand this alot better.

Dro
07-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Go and play NBA 2k13 Association mode. It will make you understand this alot better.
:oldlol:

scm5
07-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Paul George is a heck of a player, would absolutely love him on the Lakers.

But their is no way it is going to happen in 2014. Like really, ZERO chance.

Unless he takes the Qualifying Offer and in 2015 becomes an unrestricted free agent and then comes to the Lakers. And the chances that happens are equal to me nailing Eva Mendez... which aint happening

The Lakers might overpay for him and the Pacers may not be willing to match it. That's about the only way.

daily
07-18-2013, 08:22 PM
and the correct link shows that you're wrong, just like everyone's been saying...

Please show me where it says a team can go past the salary cap to match another teams offer sheet to re-sign a restricted free agent because all I'm seeing is where it says you can't.

InspiredLebowski
07-18-2013, 10:34 PM
Please show me where it says a team can go past the salary cap to match another teams offer sheet to re-sign a restricted free agent because all I'm seeing is where it says you can't.This has been explained to you. Bird Rights, which for some reason you think don't apply to rookies in the new CBA. I assume because you haven't put much logical thought into this.

You realize if that were the case teams would have to get under the cap literally every single offseason (ones with extension eligible rookies anyway) right? Do you understand how many teams have actual capspace in a given offseason? Seriously, think it through.

IncarceratedBob
07-18-2013, 10:38 PM
Rookies do not have bird rights in the new cba

InspiredLe****** is scared PG is gonna be a laker

daily
07-18-2013, 10:41 PM
This has been explained to you. Bird Rights, which for some reason you think don't apply to rookies in the new CBA. I assume because you haven't put much logical thought into this.

You realize if that were the case teams would have to get under the cap literally every single offseason (ones with extension eligible rookies anyway) right? Do you understand how many teams have actual capspace in a given offseason? Seriously, think it through.

I've shown you where the CBA says a team cannot go over the cap to match an offer sheet from another team. It comes from Larry Coon the expert on the NBA's CBA I've provided links previously

Please show me where it says the Pacers can go over the cap to match another teams offer sheet.

daily
07-18-2013, 10:45 PM

InspiredLe****** is scared PG is gonna be a lakerThey do have bird rights but not quite the same as an unrestricted free agent, The Larry Bird exception AKA bird rights allows teams to make a contract offer that allows them to exceed the cap but on a player coming off a rookie contract it does not allow them to go over the cap to match another teams offer.

Because of Bird Rights, they can make a qualifying offer to a restricted free agent that takes them over the cap but they cannot go over the cap to match an offer sheet from another team

SpecialQue
07-18-2013, 10:46 PM

InspiredLe****** is scared PG is gonna be a laker

Think of the scoring!

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8826/insaneclownposseicpnucl.gif

InspiredLebowski
07-18-2013, 10:47 PM
I've shown you where the CBA says a team cannot go over the cap to match an offer sheet from another team. It comes from Larry Coon the expert on the NBA's CBA I've provided links previously

Please show me where it says the Pacers can go over the cap to match another teams offer sheet.Cap room OR EXCEPTION. Bird Rights are an exception.

You're just trolling at this point.

daily
07-18-2013, 10:52 PM
Cap room OR EXCEPTION. Bird Rights are an exception.

You're just trolling at this point. no link huh?

bluechox2
07-18-2013, 10:55 PM
no link huh?
the pacers can sign george to a max contract due to his bird rights, now it may or may not be the highest possible salary gearge can get but he can choose to sign with the pacers with their offer and this allows the pacers to go over the cap to retain him but if another team sends out a bigger offer, pacers cannot match it if they are over the cap

just see the jr smith negotiations if you have doubts or the copeland one

daily
07-18-2013, 10:58 PM
the pacers can sign george to a max contract due to his bird rights, now it may or may not be the highest possible salary gearge can get but he can choose to sign with the pacers with their offer and this allows the pacers to go over the cap but if another team sends out a bigger offer, pacers cannot match it if they are over the cap

That's what I have been saying and everybody thinks I'm nuts. :lol

InspiredLebowski
07-18-2013, 11:08 PM
the pacers can sign george to a max contract due to his bird rights, now it may or may not be the highest possible salary gearge can get but he can choose to sign with the pacers with their offer and this allows the pacers to go over the cap to retain him but if another team sends out a bigger offer, pacers cannot match it if they are over the cap

just see the jr smith negotiations if you have doubts or the copeland oneno. Smith was kept via early bird rights, they had no bird rights on Copeland because they only had him for a year, meaning they'd have used their mini-midlevel to keep him. instead they gave half of it to Prigioni and the other half to Artest. they signed Prigoni quickly, they only had ~1.7 million out of their miniMLE to match Copeland, if he got a bigger offer than that, which he obviously did, they literally couldn't match. the 3 day waiting period was just a technicality.

the Pacers are the only team that can offer him 5 years with 7% raises, no one can make a bigger offer than Indiana. if he hits the market and they match it SAVES them money. I don't know why people aren't getting this. OKC just extended Westbrook with their bird rights and no cap room.

bluechox2
07-18-2013, 11:11 PM
no. Smith was kept via early bird rights, they had no bird rights on Copeland because they only had him for a year, meaning they'd have used their mini-midlevel to keep him. instead they gave half of it to Prigioni and the other half to Artest. they signed Prigoni quickly, they only had ~1.7 million out of their miniMLE to match Copeland, if he got a bigger offer than that, which he obviously did, they literally couldn't match. the 3 day waiting period was just a technicality.

the Pacers are the only team that can offer him 5 years with 7% raises, no one can make a bigger offer than Indiana. if he hits the market and they match it SAVES them money. I don't know why people aren't getting this. OKC just extended Westbrook with their bird rights and no cap room.
if smith got a penny higher from another team, we couldnt match that
and we only could offer copeland our non birds exception which was lower that what the pacers gave so we couldnt match that either
but yea, pacers probably are the only ones that can give the biggest contract and thus can match any other offer given
if the player is restricted, you can match regardless, if unrestricted, you better hope they sign your contract or comes to terms during the season or you can lose them

The-Legend-24
07-18-2013, 11:26 PM
This shit is a no brainer, either stay in Indiana and not win shit, or play for the Lakers who have a better chance at winning.

PG coming to the Lakers. :applause:

3LiftHeatCurse
07-19-2013, 01:07 AM
Media spin.

The correct link in the article says it would be hard to say no to playing at HOME because he grew up in Palmdale and was a Laker fan as a kid.

This "say no to kobe" is media spin to fix his "nobody wants to play with kobe" image.

secund2nun
07-19-2013, 01:18 AM
Ah Paul George....the next overrated perimeter player who the media gives all of his teams credit to in a pathetic attempt to artificially create a superstar when in reality Hibbert is the best player on that roster, had by far the best performance against Miami and Paul George performed pretty mediocre in the first 2 rounds.

chazzy
07-19-2013, 01:46 AM
Ah Paul George....the next overrated perimeter player who the media gives all of his teams credit to in a pathetic attempt to artificially create a superstar when in reality Hibbert is the best player on that roster, had by far the best performance against Miami and Paul George performed pretty mediocre in the first 2 rounds.
So Miami's DPOY made him look good?

secund2nun
07-19-2013, 01:56 AM
So Miami's DPOY made him look good?

PG looked good against Miami because he performed well against them, but Hibbert looked even better. Also PG was unimpressive in the 1st and 2nd rounds. Hibbert is the best player on that team, but it is a more balance team despite the media's propaganda to pretend that PG is a superstar who carries that team (where have we heard that before...cough Rose and Chicago cough).