kamil
07-18-2013, 11:23 PM
Durant > LeBron*

Fresh Kid
07-18-2013, 11:25 PM
Prime Melo.

deja vu
07-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Carmelo won't be a top 10 player in the 90s. 100% serious.

Fresh Kid
07-18-2013, 11:44 PM
Carmelo won't be a top 10 player in the 90s. 100% serious.
Go back to sleep naive one.

deja vu
07-19-2013, 12:05 AM
Go back to sleep naive one.

MJ
Malone
Olajuwon
Barkley
Robinson
Shaq
Ewing
Pippen
Grant Hill
Mourning
Stockton

All better than Carmelo the chucker. :roll:

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 12:11 AM
MJ
Malone
Olajuwon
Barkley
Robinson
Shaq
Ewing
Pippen
Grant Hill
Mourning
Stockton

All better than Carmelo the chucker. :roll:
You going way too far with this now.

deja vu
07-19-2013, 12:12 AM
You going way too far with this now.
Okay, tell me why you will take Melo over any of these guys. I'll wait. :lol

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 12:21 AM
Okay, tell me why you will take Melo over any of these guys. I'll wait. :lol
grant hill and Stockton sure are not better than melo.

deja vu
07-19-2013, 12:29 AM
I'll grant you that Carmelo is better than Stockton was, but Grant Hill? Pre-injury, the guy was posting LeBron-like numbers with better rebounding and lesser scoring.

kNicKz
07-19-2013, 12:32 AM
Charles Barkley > Lebron

Put prime bark on todays heat in place of Lebron and hed win championships

Xiao Yao You
07-19-2013, 12:33 AM

Carmelo is just another high scoring sf. Stockton is arguably the best pg not named Magic. Grant Hill was also a special player before he got hurt. :roll:

JBrizzy
07-19-2013, 12:38 AM
When I think back to the old days with your Dominiques and your Jordans, I think 'Hey, those guys were really good players'.

But at the same time, I was a kid, so back then everyone was god-like.

I think it's difficult to compare between generations for this very reason.

Dominique and Melo are both on about the same tier. I don't know who is better.

Xiao Yao You
07-19-2013, 12:49 AM
I'd put them at about the same level. They are both highly overrated high scoring sf's that don't live up to the hype.

TheReal Kendall
07-19-2013, 12:54 AM
Melo>>>>>>>>>>>>Lebron>>>>>>>>MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>Wilkins>>Kobe

Melo will be the GOAT when it's all said and done.

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 01:00 AM
Melo>>>>>>>>>>>>Lebron>>>>>>>>MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>Wilkins>>Kobe

Melo will be the GOAT when it's all said and done.
Even I wont go that far.

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 01:01 AM
I'll grant you that Carmelo is better than Stockton was, but Grant Hill? Pre-injury, the guy was posting LeBron-like numbers with better rebounding and lesser scoring.
Yes Melo is better than grant hill, most definitely.

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 01:02 AM
Carmelo is just another high scoring sf. Stockton is arguably the best pg not named Magic. Grant Hill was also a special player before he got hurt. :roll:
Grant hill wasnt better than Carmelo Anthony though.

secund2nun
07-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Yes Melo is better than grant hill, most definitely.

Prime Hill was way better than Melo. Melo is very overrated. Him playing for huge market NY made it worse as the big market stars always get overrated.

Xiao Yao You
07-19-2013, 01:04 AM
He was overrated before going to NY.

Micku
07-19-2013, 01:05 AM
From the vids that I watched, Wilkins seemed more athletic. Carmelo had a better jumper and seem to have more ways to score, but Wilkins seemed to score more anyway. Wilkins also get up more for the rebounds.

But I don't know who is the better player. Wilkins is a more exciting player tho.

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Prime Hill was way better than Melo. Melo is very overrated. Him playing for huge market NY made it worse as the big market stars always get overrated.
How was grant hill better than melo? explain Lebron fan.

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 01:16 AM
He was overrated before going to NY.
he had 40 and 50 point games, never missed playoffs, multiple all star, and led a team to the western finals for crying out loud.

SamuraiSWISH
07-19-2013, 01:16 AM
I'm going with Nique. Not by a lot, they are very similar. Prime Hill btw is absolutely a better basketball player than Carmelo Anthony. Anyone insinuating otherwise never saw Hill, or is flat out a stan for Melo ... possibly even retarded.

secund2nun
07-19-2013, 01:26 AM
How was grant hill better than melo? explain Lebron fan.

He was a much more complete player. His passing was a lot better, his rebounding was better and his defense was better.

IncarceratedBob
07-19-2013, 01:28 AM
LeBron wouldn't be a top 6 player in the 90's

Jordan
Magic
Malone
Barkley
Shaq
Hakeem

Sorry.

Sarcastic
07-19-2013, 01:31 AM

No he wasn't. He could barely drag the Pistons to the playoffs, while Carmelo dragged a 17 win Denver team the playoffs in his first year. He has scored 20+ and made the playoffs every year of his career. Only players that have done that recently are Bird and Jordan.

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 01:32 AM
I'm going with Nique. Not by a lot, they are very similar. Prime Hill btw is absolutely a better basketball player than Carmelo Anthony. Anyone insinuating otherwise never saw Hill, or is flat out a stan for Melo ... possibly even retarded.
How many playoff victories did prime hill won? did wilkins made the east finals?

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 01:32 AM
No he wasn't. He could barely drag the Pistons to the playoffs, while Carmelo dragged a 17 win Denver team the playoffs in his first year. He has scored 20+ and made the playoffs every year of his career. Only players that have done that recently are Bird and Jordan.
Thank you.

SamuraiSWISH
07-19-2013, 01:33 AM

Jordan
Magic
Malone
Barkley
Shaq
Hakeem

Sorry.
Come on now ... Magic had 2x years in the 90's near his peak level of play before he retired. That's not enough to say he was one of the five best of that decade. LeBron, btw is better than Magic anyhow no matter how you slice it. I'm not going to sit here and say LeBron wouldn't be a top five player in the 90's. LeBron and Kobe would both be top ten players easily, in the 90's. Wade might've been as well. Cases can be made.

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 01:33 AM
He was a much more complete player. His passing was a lot better, his rebounding was better and his defense was better.
Grant Hill had the potential to be better than anthony but thats it.

leMVP
07-19-2013, 01:46 AM

Do they exist? :roll:

iamgine
07-19-2013, 01:49 AM
Is Melo better than:

Clyde Drexler
Gary Payton
Penny Hardaway
Shawn Kemp
Reggie Miller
Chris Mullin
Glen Rice
Kevin Johnson
Dikembe Mutombo
Chris Webber

:confusedshrug:

deja vu
07-19-2013, 01:50 AM

Jordan
Magic
Malone
Barkley
Shaq
Hakeem

Sorry.
Man...I think LeBron is an overrated choker but I think he's top 5 in the 90s, just below MJ and Hakeem though. Haha.

Micku
07-19-2013, 01:51 AM
Come on now ... Magic had 2x years in the 90's near his peak level of play before he retired. That's not enough to say he was one of the five best of that decade. LeBron, btw is better than Magic anyhow no matter how you slice it. I'm not going to sit here and say LeBron wouldn't be a top five player in the 90's. LeBron and Kobe would both be top ten players easily, in the 90's. Wade might've been as well. Cases can be made.

It's hard to rank because they do differently things. Magic is the better team player and will probably contribute more to the team offense despite LeBron James being a point forward. Magic just runs the offense better. I think Magic is also bit more versatile than LBJ on offense. He is better at picking his spots and catch and shoot (tho defenders gambled too much at leaving him open), he is better in the post, and playmaking.

When it comes to individual stats, LeBron James is better. But in terms of controlling of the game, playmaking, Magic is greater imo. Magic impact could be just as good as LeBron is.

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 01:52 AM
Do they exist? :roll:
Does that scare you Lebron stan?

deja vu
07-19-2013, 02:08 AM
So does it mean that Carmelo is better than LeBron? Because LeBron also failed to make it to the playoffs in his first season. :lol

Carmelo is a great scorer, I'll give you that. Grant Hill was better in all other aspects, including rebounding, passing, and defense. Dude was a walking triple double machine. Then the injury happened.

Sarcastic
07-19-2013, 02:56 AM
So does it mean that Carmelo is better than LeBron? Because LeBron also failed to make it to the playoffs in his first season. :lol

Carmelo is a great scorer, I'll give you that. Grant Hill was better in all other aspects, including rebounding, passing, and defense. Dude was a walking triple double machine. Then the injury happened.

His defense is crazy overrated. He also lacked fortitude, which is why he was never accepted in Detroit. He had a lot of potential, but like most Duke players, he never lived up to it. People's memory of him are about 100x better than he actually ever was. Maybe it's because most of this board was about 5 years old, and the hype was strong for him. Remember, he was pegged as the next Jordan, but Joe Dumars even way past his prime remained the heart and sole of the team till he retired.

Xiao Yao You
07-19-2013, 05:33 AM
he had 40 and 50 point games, never missed playoffs, multiple all star, and led a team to the western finals for crying out loud.
So did lots of other high scoring small forwards who weren't talked about with the top players in the game.

Carmelo dragged a 17 win Denver team the playoffs in his first year.

He wasn 't the only addition to the 17 win team sorry.

Is Melo better than:

Clyde Drexler
Gary Payton
Penny Hardaway
Shawn Kemp
Reggie Miller
Chris Mullin
Glen Rice
Kevin Johnson
Dikembe Mutombo
Chris Webber

No. The guys to compare him with are Wilkens, Dantley, English, King, etc.

2LeTTeRS
07-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Is Melo better than:

Clyde Drexler
Gary Payton
Penny Hardaway
Shawn Kemp
Reggie Miller
Chris Mullin
Glen Rice
Kevin Johnson
Dikembe Mutombo
Chris Webber

Not even going to bother going player by player but, you really saying Melo is worse than Glen Rice and Chris Mullin? They were gunners just like Melo who did not put up the scoring numbers he has, rebound nearly as well as him, and whose teams did not have nearly as much as success. What makes them better players?

At first glance Reggie Miller doesn't belong on a list of players better than Melo either. He may be one of the few players that can be argued to be more clutch than Melo, but the only other advantage he has is long-range shooting. Overall he was nowhere near as good of a player as Melo is.

Sarcastic
07-19-2013, 08:31 AM
He wasn 't the only addition to the 17 win team sorry.

He was the main one. The other guys that were added were not gonna carry a bad team to the playoffs without a prime go to scorer like Melo.

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Is Melo better than:

Clyde Drexler
Gary Payton
Penny Hardaway
Shawn Kemp
Reggie Miller
Chris Mullin
Glen Rice
Kevin Johnson
Dikembe Mutombo
Chris Webber

Yes.

Xiao Yao You
07-19-2013, 10:24 AM
He was the main one. The other guys that were added were not gonna carry a bad team to the playoffs without a prime go to scorer like Melo.

Andre Miller was huge in the turnaround despite Carmelo getting and taking all the credit.

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Andre Miller was huge in the turnaround despite Carmelo getting and taking all the credit. I know you didn't say Andre miller.

Wally450
07-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Wilkins is an era specific player who would not be able to hang with the players today

/9erempire

SilkkTheShocker
07-19-2013, 10:36 AM
In before Sarcastic talks about Melo's NCAA title. He will defend that loser with his life :oldlol:

Sarcastic
07-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Andre Miller was huge in the turnaround despite Carmelo getting and taking all the credit.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Andre Miller turned a 17 win team into a playoff team? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
07-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Melo has nothing on Grant but range and post game. And he doesn't use either as he should. Grant was better at everything else on both ends.

Better man to man defender and off the ball. He didn't go all in on defense but he was a notch ahead of Melo usually and when both apply themselves he's ahead by even more.

Miles ahead as a playmaker. His decision making blows Melo away. He was a flat out point guard at 6'8" for a year or two.

He was as good midrange though i believe part of that was due to his attacking. So guys played back a bit. But either way his jumpers went in.

Melo couldn't attack like grant even before he gained the weight. Grant ran the floor better and was a better athlete in general. Melo has handles but not grants first step. Grant just didn't try to take over scoring very often.

Taking 16 shots a game doesn't make you worse. Just makes you score less.

Carmelo is a great scorer. Grant was a great basketball player. Way fouls are called now a 23 year old grant hill would walk into the lane like Cleveland Lebron and have shooters everywhere to space the floor.

Great as he was he would be more effective today

2LeTTeRS
07-19-2013, 10:56 AM

Not saying Miller wasn't a solid player but lets be real -- how much credit can you give to a guy who flopped so hard the year before when he was supposed to "turnaround" the Clippers?

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Melo has nothing on Grant but range and post game. And he doesn't use either as he should. Grant was better at everything else on both ends.

Better man to man defender and off the ball. He didn't go all in on defense but he was a notch ahead of Melo usually and when both apply themselves he's ahead by even more.

Miles ahead as a playmaker. His decision making blows Melo away. He was a flat out point guard at 6'8" for a year or two.

He was as good midrange though i believe part of that was due to his attacking. So guys played back a bit. But either way his jumpers went in.

Melo couldn't attack like grant even before he gained the weight. Grant ran the floor better and was a better athlete in general. Melo has handles but not grants first step. Grant just didn't try to take over scoring very often.

Taking 16 shots a game doesn't make you worse. Just makes you score less.

Carmelo is a great scorer. Grant was a great basketball player. Way fouls are called now a 23 year old grant hill would walk into the lane like Cleveland Lebron and have shooters everywhere to space the floor.

Great as he was he would be more effective today
How many playoff game victories did prime grant hill had?

Xiao Yao You
07-19-2013, 11:02 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Andre Miller turned a 17 win team into a playoff team? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

No and neither did Carmelo. It's a team a game as much as Carmelo plays like it's otherwise.

how much credit can you give to a guy who flopped so hard the year before when he was supposed to "turnaround" the Clippers?

Plenty. I'd put that one more on the fact that it was the Clippers because Miller has won everywhere else.

DCL
07-19-2013, 11:06 AM
thread is 4 pages long and, so far, only a couple posts actually addressed dominique wilkins vs. carmelo.

yes, this thread got hi jacked big time.

but i am also wondering if a lot of you were even a sperm yet when dominique retired.

even in a thread that specifically asks about him, he's still totally ignored. :lol

Kblaze8855
07-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Losing in the second round or losing in a different number of games means nothing. You win or you lose. Carmelo has won nothing that matters.

Not getting into one of these idiotic discussions that don't even mention basketball.

Carmelo plays the game worse than grant hill did. If you feel otherwise you shouldn't have trouble explaining using....basketball skills

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Losing in the second round or losing in a different number of games means nothing. You win or you lose. Carmelo has won nothing that matters.

Not getting into one of these idiotic discussions that don't even mention
Carmelo plays the game worse than grant hill did. If you feel otherwise you shouldn't have trouble explaining using....basketball skills
going to the West conference finals by playing in a strong conference means way more than prime grant hill horrible playoff career that never made it to the semis.

branslowski
07-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Carmelo gettin straight up disrespected in this thread:facepalm

Playoffs: Melo 25.7ppg 7reb vs Grant Hill 13ppg 6reb???

Career: Melo 25ppg 6reb 45fg% vs Grant Hill 16ppg 6reb 48% fg?

Sarcastic
07-19-2013, 11:34 AM
No and neither did Carmelo. It's a team a game as much as Carmelo plays like it's otherwise.

Plenty. I'd put that one more on the fact that it was the Clippers because Miller has won everywhere else.

Miller's first playoff game was with Denver, with Carmelo. He missed the playoffs every year with Cleveland and LA. He never carried a team in his life, and if you think he took Denver to it's first postseason in 7 years then you are either retarded or on crack. Or both.

Sarcastic
07-19-2013, 11:44 AM
As to the original question, it's tough to say at this point. Dominique Wilkins is one of the most underrated players on this board. In his prime, he could flat out take over games. The one on ones he had with Larry Bird were amazing. His biggest problem was that he never played on any great teams in Atlanta. He was a great rebounder and a great scorer, even from midrange. He didn't have a good 3 point shot, but when you can attack the rim the way he could, he didn't really need to shoot.

I'll say this though. Dominique was much better than Grant Hill.

Kblaze8855
07-19-2013, 11:49 AM
going to the West conference finals by playing in a strong conference means way more than prime grant hill horrible playoff career that never made it to the semis.

So.....you really have nothing to day about basketball do you?

Not that I'm surprised.

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 11:51 AM

Thanks for the ether man.

branslowski
07-19-2013, 11:57 AM
So.....you really have nothing to day about basketball do you?

Not that I'm surprised.

How is he not talking about basketball when he's clearly stating where Melo led his team to vs where Grant Hill led his team to? What we can't discuss playoffs now because Grant Hill didn't excel during them? Or is it because he just couldn't stay healthy because of weak work ethic and mentality?

2LeTTeRS
07-19-2013, 12:11 PM

Seeing that 16 of the 37 playoff games that Grant Hill played in where when he was 37 and had been stripped of his athleticism by multiple major surgeries, I'd say those numbers are not representative of the player we're comparing to Melo.

Grant Hill prior to injuries
- 1995-96: 19 ppg, 7.4 rebs, and 3.7 asts
- 1996-97: 23.6 ppg, 6.8 rebs, and 5.4 asts
- 1998-99: 19.4 ppg, 7.2 rebs, and 7.4 asts
- 1999-00: 11 ppg, 5.5 rebs, 4.5 asts (only played 55 mins over 2 games in these playoffs due to injury; afterward only able to play 18 games in next 2 seasons following that injury)

Kblaze8855
07-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Both of them are better then some who have led teams to rings and many who led teams to the finals.

But since you are idiots...or pretending to be.....what that means isn't about to sink in now.

I'll get back to you when you get a grasp on some of these issues too basic for me to bother explaining.

Xiao Yao You
07-19-2013, 12:13 PM
if you think he took Denver to it's first postseason in 7 years then you are either retarded or on crack. Or both.

I'm not the one with the reading comprehension problem. I said Carmelo didn't do it on his own. Andre was a big part of the turnaround.

scm5
07-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Melo just had his best season at 28 yrs old and Nique's best season came imo in 92-93' when he was 33.

I would say at this point, their primes are pretty even and if I were to choose between them, I would choose Nique just because I would rather have a 6'7 swingman than a 6'8 cornerman.

Scholar
07-19-2013, 12:54 PM
I came here to discuss Wilkins vs Melo, but apparently, I missed the part where the thread title read, "Melo vs Grant Hill."

:facepalm ISH, where an entire thread can be derailed by a single troll.

scm5
07-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Chiming in on Prime Hill vs Prime Melo...

As much as I love Hill, I think I would take Melo over him even barring injuries. What makes me say this is that Hill never had a 3 point shot until later in his career, out of his prime. He was also turnover prone. Hill did get good assist numbers, but they came at a fairly high turnover ratio.

If I had a PG that could get me 5-6 assists per game at a lower TO ratio, he's running point no matter how good Hill is. Most starting PG's in the NBA can do that. Hill wouldn't be as dynamic as Melo playing off the ball. He's not as good a post player and he doesn't provide spacing as well as Melo.

Haymaker
07-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Charles Barkley > Lebron

Put prime bark on todays heat in place of Lebron and hed win championships

Prime Barkley was a monster. Too bad his peak was too short though. He could do anything; drive, post up, block, steal, hit the jumper. And all that at about 6'5 tall.

Kblaze8855
07-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Chiming in on Prime Hill vs Prime Melo...

As much as I love Hill, I think I would take Melo over him even barring injuries. What makes me say this is that Hill never had a 3 point shot until later in his career, out of his prime. He was also turnover prone. Hill did get good assist numbers, but they came at a fairly high turnover ratio.

If I had a PG that could get me 5-6 assists per game at a lower TO ratio, he's running point no matter how good Hill is. Most starting PG's in the NBA can do that. Hill wouldn't be as dynamic as Melo playing off the ball. He's not as good a post player and he doesn't provide spacing as well as Melo.

^ basketball.

I don't need to agree.....i just want basketball playing mentioned

DCL
07-19-2013, 01:16 PM
i'm starting to believe people on ISH don't even know who the hell dominique wilkins is.

dominqiue who? they never heard of him.

people talk about grant hill being disrespected, but shiet, the dude that's supposed to be the topic of discussion... his ass ain't even being mentioned. THAT's disrespect. he's so forgotten he ain't even worth discussing. :oldlol:

iamgine
07-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Not even going to bother going player by player but, you really saying Melo is worse than Glen Rice and Chris Mullin? They were gunners just like Melo who did not put up the scoring numbers he has, rebound nearly as well as him, and whose teams did not have nearly as much as success. What makes them better players?

At first glance Reggie Miller doesn't belong on a list of players better than Melo either. He may be one of the few players that can be argued to be more clutch than Melo, but the only other advantage he has is long-range shooting. Overall he was nowhere near as good of a player as Melo is.
No I'm just throwing some good 90s players out there to see where Melo stack up with those guys.

kshutts1
07-19-2013, 01:29 PM
I never understood the Melo love. I realize scoring is vastly overrated in general, much less on this board... but what does he do to garner so much respect and admiration? I see a scorer that, until this past season, did nothing else at an above average level.

As for Wilkins... I never saw him play, and can't offer an opinion.

2LeTTeRS
07-19-2013, 02:19 PM
I never understood the Melo love. I realize scoring is vastly overrated in general, much less on this board... but what does he do to garner so much respect and admiration? I see a scorer that, until this past season, did nothing else at an above average level.

As for Wilkins... I never saw him play, and can't offer an opinion.

He rebounds at an elite level for a SF and is perhaps the most clutch player of the generation (at least during the regular season).

kshutts1
07-19-2013, 03:24 PM
He rebounds at an elite level for a SF and is perhaps the most clutch player of the generation (at least during the regular season).
What am I missing in regards to his being an "elite rebounder"? I know the numbers are not everything, but I struggle to consider 6-7 rebounds "elite". So what are the advanced stats to support the claim?

As for clutch... totally meaningless stat, IMO. Melo's "clutch play" is defined in shots made and attempted, which is all well and good. But what about defense, rebounding, passing, turnovers, etc? On top of that, "sample size" has something to say in regards to "clutch" shooting. Even if he were to hit 70% of 100 "clutch" shots, that's a ridiculously small sample size, relative to overall shooting. One could probably find a similar percentage streak for Iverson, Kobe, Arenas, and other notoriously lower-percentage shooters.

kNicKz
07-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Both of them are better then some who have led teams to rings and many who led teams to the finals.

But since you are idiots...or pretending to be.....what that means isn't about to sink in now.

I'll get back to you when you get a grasp on some of these issues too basic for me to bother explaining.
Translation: you have no explanation for grant hill's weak showing in the playoffs

While post season stats for both players have been presented and analyzed, your response has been calling them idiots

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Seeing that 16 of the 37 playoff games that Grant Hill played in where when he was 37 and had been stripped of his athleticism by multiple major surgeries, I'd say those numbers are not representative of the player we're comparing to Melo.

Grant Hill prior to injuries
- 1995-96: 19 ppg, 7.4 rebs, and 3.7 asts
- 1996-97: 23.6 ppg, 6.8 rebs, and 5.4 asts
- 1998-99: 19.4 ppg, 7.2 rebs, and 7.4 asts
- 1999-00: 11 ppg, 5.5 rebs, 4.5 asts (only played 55 mins over 2 games in these playoffs due to injury; afterward only able to play 18 games in next 2 seasons following that injury)
After all of that, he still wasn't better than melo

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Translation: you have no explanation for grant hill's weak showing in the playoffs

While post season stats for both players have been presented and analyzed, your response has been calling them idiots
ethered again.

Kblaze8855
07-19-2013, 09:13 PM

Anyone who needs to be told why grant hills career averages are irrelevant is less then an idiot.

I've been hearing knick fans over rate their guys since it was Ewing being better than Jordan. So repping melo over the nothing he's done isn't shocking.

But it does amuse me since so many of his fans have been so whatting his early exits for ten years.

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Anyone who needs to be told why grant hills career averages are irrelevant is less then an idiot.

I've been hearing knick fans over rate their guys since it was Ewing being better than Jordan. So repping melo over the nothing he's done isn't shocking.

But it does amuse me since so many of his fans have been so whatting his early exits for ten years.
If Melo has done nothing then what has grant hill done? Im curious.

Kblaze8855
07-19-2013, 10:50 PM
If Melo has done nothing then what has grant hill done? Im curious.

Nothing. Luckily i watched both careers so i don't need almanac facts to form a opinion

bizil
06-14-2014, 04:04 AM
To be frank, these two are cut from the same cloth. Both are among the top 3 SF's in the world in their eras in terms of scoring and rebounding. Both have the alpha dog gene in spades. In comparison to a Lebron of today, both are better killers scoring than Bron, even though Bron is alpha dog quality and the better player. When it comes to Durant, both are more physical and will exploit the post and midrange game more. So what I'm saying is that Melo and Nique are both BEASTS who can take over a game scoring the rock as good as any SF's EVER!

It's really a tossup and I can't really choose between the two. Kind of like Nique and Bernard King back in the day. It's easy to say King and Melo had better midrange games than Nique. But Nique was more unpredictable, had a very effective midrange game, sick floaters, epic at using the glass, epic at offensive rebounding, and is arguably the most freakish athlete to ever play the SF in terms of scoring the rock. If I had to choose, I would go Nique. But they are both on the same level and can't go wrong either way. And one thing to keep in mind with Nique is he has scored more points THAN ANY SF IN NBA HISTORY!! Just like Big O has it at PG, MJ at SG, Mailman at PF, and Cap at C. What Dr. J did for the one foot gliding freak athletes, Nique did it for the vertical, power style of freak athletic ability.

bizil
06-14-2014, 04:10 AM
In terms of Hill vs. a Nique or Melo, I think Hill would have ended up the superior player. Hill was like a mix of Pippen and Dr. J all rolled into one. When he got hurt, he was really evolving into that Dr. J mode of being a freak athletic alpha dog. He already was doing great in the Pippen type point forward stuff, but he was really embracing being a dominant alpha dog when he got hurt. U can't really top SF's like Bron, Bird, Barry, or a Hondo if your all around game isn't on that level. Nique and Melo could take over a game scoring just as good or better. And could board great for SF's. But guys like Bron, Bird, Barry, and Hondo had point forward kind of skills to go with their other attributes. Hill was of that cloth and really the bridge to Lebron for that style of SF.

SamuraiSWISH
06-14-2014, 07:09 AM
I realize scoring is vastly overrated in general, much less on this board
:biggums:

Rose'sACL
06-14-2014, 07:30 AM
No, he wasn't .