PDA

View Full Version : Prediction:Ricky Rubio Will Lead The League in Apg...

IGOTGAME
07-19-2013, 07:03 PM
and the TWolves will make the playoffs. He will also make the all defense team. However, no one will give him credit because they are obsessed with shooting percentage.

Agree?

LosScandalous
07-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Rubio can facilitate his ass off but he's not leading the league in assists with the wolves roster.

Levity
07-19-2013, 07:07 PM
i predict you may be right. not so much about the all defensive team, though it will be arguable cause i see him being one of the leaders in steals this season.

prior to his acl tear, rubio was leading the whole league in total steals and total assists.

IGOTGAME
07-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Rubio can facilitate his ass off but he's not leading the league in assists with the wolves roster.
He was leading the league in assists and steals before the injury with a worst team.

tikay0
07-19-2013, 07:17 PM
With Love coming back, I can see that happening.

Levity
07-19-2013, 07:18 PM

the wolves roster, particularly their starting line up, is not bad whatsoever. Kmart can hit open shots. Budinger proved he could hit open shots this season when he came back from injury. Rubio and pek have a nice connection together, and we all know Love will benefit from open looks from rubio.

Electric Slide
07-19-2013, 07:31 PM
He'll probably average 7 apg but shoot like 10% from the field.

BlazerRed
07-19-2013, 07:33 PM
How many games does one have to play in order to win this award?

IGOTGAME
08-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Ricky's been in e weight room...

http://instagram.com/p/cwBoKGxd0j/

bdreason
08-14-2013, 10:45 PM

What's wrong with the Wolves roster?

Team has a ton of offensive fire power.

KyleKong
08-14-2013, 10:54 PM
He averages only 7-8 APG just like Kyrie Irving only averages 5-6, their teams are baaaaddddd.

Johnny Jones
08-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Ricky's been in e weight room...

http://instagram.com/p/cwBoKGxd0j/
well, I would hope he would be in the weight room.. Most NBA players workout a lot in the off-season. It would be stupid if he wasn't in a weight room.

RedBlackAttack
08-14-2013, 11:00 PM
He was leading the league in assists and steals before the injury with a worst team.
When was he leading the league in assists? I don't recall that.

He averages only 7-8 APG just like Kyrie Irving only averages 5-6, their teams are baaaaddddd.

The Cavs are "baaaaaddddd?"

PG - Kyrie Irving / Jarrett Jack
SG - Dion Waiters / CJ Miles
SF - Earl Clark / Alonzo Gee / Sergey Karasev
PF - Tristan Thompson / Anthony Bennett
C - Andrew Bynum / Anderson Varejao / Tyler Zeller

Interesting.

Droid101
08-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Andre Miller averaged 13 assists on a baaaaaddd Cavs team.

KyleKong
08-14-2013, 11:04 PM

Interesting.

Andrew Bynum and Anthony Bennett played for the Cavs in the 2012-2013 season?

Interesting.

RedBlackAttack
08-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Andrew Bynum and Anthony Bennett played for the Cavs in the 2012-2013 season?

Interesting.
You said their teams "are" bad, not "were" bad. It was written in present tense. The Cavs didn't just add Bynum and Bennett, but also Jarrett Jack, Earl Clark, Sergey Karasev... along with getting Varejao back from injury.

RedBlackAttack
08-14-2013, 11:13 PM
I don't believe Ricky Rubio ever led the league in assists, btw. He was averaging 8.2 in his 41 games played as a rookie prior to the injury. That was a very nice number, but not close to leading the league.

Last year, his numbers pretty much regressed across the board.

I don't think Rubio has a lack of hype because people don't appreciate great passers, but due to his play trending in the wrong direction ever since the incredibly hot start to his rookie season. He was getting a ton of attention during his first season before the injury. The hype has died down as his production has stagnated.

We'll see if he can get back on track in 2013-14. I love watching the guy play, but he needs to start improving.

Levity
08-14-2013, 11:20 PM
I don't believe Ricky Rubio ever led the league in assists, btw. He was averaging 8.2 in his 41 games played as a rookie prior to the injury. That was a very nice number, but not close to leading the league.

I don't think Rubio has a lack of hype because people don't appreciate great passers, but due to his play trending in the wrong direction ever since the incredibly hot start to his rookie season.

We'll see if he can get back on track in 2013-14. I love watching the guy play, but he needs to start improving.

Honestly, rubio sets up his teammates in prime positions to score. Last season, his "regression" was due to injury recovery, slowly followed by chronic back issues during the season. by seasons end he was visually much healthier and the numbers were prevalent. regardless on his health, his team was pretty fvcking bad. no love, pek was out for a long while, budinger didnt come back until the last month or so, and he was sharing ball handling duties with both ridnour and barea.

next season, he'll be the teams main ball handler, and the worst 3pt shooting team in the league got much better with the acquisition of k martin, the drafting of bazz, and the return of love. If rubio can get the ball to his now healthy teammates in the same spots that he got to on his team of d leaguers from last season, theres no reason to believe he couldnt average 10+ assists a night this season

Suguru101
08-14-2013, 11:22 PM
What's wrong with the Wolves roster?

Team has a ton of offensive fire power.

Exactly, this team has lots of potential. The only thing we need is an athletic slasher...

3-point shooting? Martin, Love. Check.

Post play? Pek, Love. Check.

Playmaking? Rubio, Martin. Check.

Freethrow shooting? Love, Martin, Budinger. Check.

Slashing? Open court speed? I hope Shabazz can pan out.

RedBlackAttack
08-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Honestly, rubio sets up his teammates in prime positions to score. Last season, his "regression" was due to injury recovery, slowly followed by chronic back issues during the season. by seasons end he was visually much healthier and the numbers were prevalent. regardless on his health, his team was pretty fvcking bad. no love, pek was out for a long while, budinger didnt come back until the last month or so, and he was sharing ball handling duties with both ridnour and barea.

next season, he'll be the teams main ball handler, and the worst 3pt shooting team in the league got much better with the acquisition of k martin, the drafting of bazz, and the return of love. If rubio can get the ball to his now healthy teammates in the same spots that he got to on his team of d leaguers from last season, theres no reason to believe he couldnt average 10+ assists a night this season
Regardless of the situation, I'm explaining why he has lost some of his shine in the last 1 1/2 years. He has incredible vision. That's undeniable.

He did play 57 games last year, though, which was more than he played as a rookie. I've had questions whether his declining numbers are the result of injuries (no doubt played a part) or the league figuring out how to defend him.

Truth is, his numbers were declining during his rookie season even prior to his injury. He started out the year absolutely tearing it up and that was slowly changing as the year went on, up until the injury.

I'm not saying he can't lead the league in assists, but I need to see his play start trending in the right direction before I get on board with that notion.

IGOTGAME
08-14-2013, 11:50 PM

I don't think Rubio has a lack of hype because people don't appreciate great passers, but due to his play trending in the wrong direction ever since the incredibly hot start to his rookie season. He was getting a ton of attention during his first season before the injury. The hype has died down as his production has stagnated.

As far as Ricky's play trending...maybe you should watch. Couple games towards the end of the season as he just started getti his legs back..something tells me you don't watch many TWolves games.

Spaulding
08-14-2013, 11:55 PM
http://www.buckbokai.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Ricky-Rubio-i-hate-the-Timberwolves.jpg

RedBlackAttack
08-15-2013, 12:45 AM
As far as Ricky's play trending...maybe you should watch. Couple games towards the end of the season as he just started getti his legs back..something tells me you don't watch many TWolves games.
I didn't watch many.

But, I did try to keep up with his play as best I could. I don't think I'm saying anything controversial, here.

This is what I mean by his play trending in the wrong direction after a great start to his career....

In Rubio's first 25 games of his rookie season, he averaged 11.2 points on 38/82/35, 9.1 assists, 4.5 rebounds, 2.4 steals and 3.2 turnovers in 34 minutes a game.

Those are really nice numbers despite the inefficiency from the field.

However, in the 16 games before the injury, he averaged 9.8 points on 32/78/33, 6.8 assists, 3.7 rebounds, 1.9 steals and 3.3 turnovers in 33 minutes a game.

This isn't just about last season and the lingering issues he may have had with his injury. It doesn't concern you at all that Rubio's most consistent, best production in his career so far has come in the first 25 games he played?

Like I said, guy has incredible vision. No one disputes that. There are deficiencies in his offensive game, though, and I'd be a little concerned that defenses have figured out how to embellish those deficiencies while limiting his best assets.

I think this season will go a long way to telling us which is the correct answer (it's likely a combination of injury/league adjustments). Here's the thing... he could make all of these strategies moot by working on his scoring efficiency. That's what I really want to see out of Rubio.

No one is expecting the guy to step out there and be Isiah Thomas, but just forcing defenses to respect his scoring would open up a lot of passing lanes that probably aren't there currently. Do you dispute this?

Young X
08-15-2013, 12:52 AM
Rubio is exciting and his defense is underrated but he NEEDS to become more efficient - take better care of the ball and become a better shooter from everywhere on the court. So far in his first 2 seasons his efficiency has been horrible - 48 TS% and 99 ORTG is terrible efficiency for a PG. Same thing with Holiday.

lucky001
08-15-2013, 01:11 AM
They should lock him in the gym with a shooting coach and not let him out till the season starts. He needs a rock solid jumper as well as trick shots to let him finish in the paint without elite athleticism.

Djahjaga
08-15-2013, 02:00 AM
Still think it'll be Rondo, but I wouldn't mind seeing Rubio throw out 10-11 assists.

inb4 Rondo is a statpadder/needs Big 3/that turtle from Franklin

B-Easy8
08-15-2013, 02:55 AM

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Clearly dont watch any Wolves games.

His stats didnt look good due to him riding bench the first 20 or so games when he came back from injury.

When he got back to full health he was far and away our best player. 7.3 assists with 20 bench games with the ultimate scrub team aside from Pek due to injuries.

I thought his sophmore season was very good.

Dr. Cheesesteak
08-15-2013, 03:06 AM
In one of the latest standings prediction threads, I had TWolves at 5 seed. Just saying. :rockon:

FireDavidKahn
08-15-2013, 03:38 AM

It was total assists, not APG.

Also, Rubio didn't regress at all but rather took a long time to fully come back from his ACL. For a 2 month stretch last yes he averaged around 14 PPG, 8.5 APG, 5.5 RPG and 2.7 SPG.

"Regressed":oldlol:

His hype died down because he was god awful the for the first few months after he came back and because 90% of our team got injured.

brandonislegend
08-15-2013, 03:41 AM

Interesting.

That roster looks pretty bad to me...But so does my Lakers :oldlol:

Earl Clark at SF will not work long term, Bynum and AV will both miss more than half the season, Jack was a great pick up for them and hopefully Bennett works out

jcsrplumply
08-15-2013, 07:03 AM
Tossup between him and Rondo for me.

The JKidd Kid
08-15-2013, 07:15 AM

Deron Williams averaged 9 assists with Kris Humphries as his first option, Kyrie is just a bad PG.

Real Men Wear Green
08-15-2013, 07:26 AM
Deron Williams averaged 9 assists with Kris Humphries as his first option, Kyrie is just a bad PG.
That's ridiculous. Irving is shoot-first but that doesn't change the fact that he's effective.

The JKidd Kid
08-15-2013, 07:58 AM
That's ridiculous. Irving is shoot-first but that doesn't change the fact that he's effective.

Brandon Jennings and Montana Ellis average more assists and less turnovers than Kyrie, but they're considered bad PGs. The double standards that are created by the media are hilarious.

TheReturn
08-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Brandon Jennings and Montana Ellis average more assists and less turnovers than Kyrie, but they're considered bad PGs. The double standards that are created by the media are hilarious.
If you truly believe this, there's no need to discuss anything else with you.

The JKidd Kid
08-15-2013, 08:17 AM
If you truly believe this, there's no need to discuss anything else with you.

You don't believe that Jennings and Ellis averaged more assists and less turnovers? Those are just facts.

SpurrDurr
08-15-2013, 08:26 AM
You don't believe that Jennings and Ellis averaged more assists and less turnovers? Those are just facts.

Not true, last season Rubio averaged 7,3 APG while Jennings 6,5 and Ellis 6,0. Also Monta had more turnovers than Rubio.

Tking714
08-15-2013, 08:31 AM

Interesting.

So much talent at the PG and Center position, but some health concerns as well

The JKidd Kid
08-15-2013, 08:36 AM
Not true, last season Rubio averaged 7,3 APG while Jennings 6,5 and Ellis 6,0. Also Monta had more turnovers than Rubio.

We were discussing Kyrie Irving my friend.

SpurrDurr
08-15-2013, 08:56 AM
We were discussing Kyrie Irving my friend.

My bad :lol

La Frescobaldi
08-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Regardless of the situation, I'm explaining why he has lost some of his shine in the last 1 1/2 years. He has incredible vision. That's undeniable.

He did play 57 games last year, though, which was more than he played as a rookie. I've had questions whether his declining numbers are the result of injuries (no doubt played a part) or the league figuring out how to defend him.

Truth is, his numbers were declining during his rookie season even prior to his injury. He started out the year absolutely tearing it up and that was slowly changing as the year went on, up until the injury.

I'm not saying he can't lead the league in assists, but I need to see his play start trending in the right direction before I get on board with that notion.

No. His knee was enormous factor last year. He played 15 then 18 minutes a game, then still didn't start until after Christmas. And #9 clearly was still favoring his leg on the court for many games even after he began starting again.
A big part of Rubio's game is his ability to totally smoke his defender. His moves are very unorthodox and even top level guards can't stay with him. That's what allows his assists to dazzle. But with him limping that was not the case in the first half of the season.

Numbers-wise, that injury was completely devastating for Rubio.... but when you look at what injuries did to the Wolves, I was amazed he had any assists at all. Some of the guys were still playing at a high level, but really a lot of T Wolves were mailing it in bigtime.
The next thing about Rubio last year that you have to know is he went on a shooting binge - clearly instigated by Terry Porter and supported by Rick Adelman. At some point #9 has to become a scoring threat if he's going to enhance his assists. His offensive skillset is very high, but his drives are limited and his shooting is... more limited. He did develop a lot of offense in March and April and that's going to help him this season. He had a 23 10 9 game against the Griz and that's when I started watching him maybe as much as Pekovic (my favorite center and a vastly underrated player).

T Wolves are going to be a big threat this season. Finals? No their bench is weaker than it was last year, AK is gone, and a great deal depends on Alexey getting his stroke back. But they have good chances for a deep playoff run.

As far as leading the league in assists? Depends on if his teammates start dropping their shots again!! Wide open clanks don't help anybody and we saw tons of that last year

Hizack
06-03-2014, 02:41 AM
Rubio didn't lead the league in APG.
TWolves didn't make the playoffs.
Rubio didn't make the all-defensive teams either.

deja vu
06-03-2014, 03:08 AM
He needs to improve his shooting because it's hurting his passing. Opponents are defending and trying to anticipate his passes more because he can't shoot. If he does that then he will be the assists leader.

B-Easy8
06-03-2014, 08:32 AM
He needs to improve his shooting because it's hurting his passing. Opponents are defending and trying to anticipate his passes more because he can't shoot. If he does that then he will be the assists leader.

He needs some shooters around him. It was ridiculous how he would get someone wide open and they would miss an easy jump shot. He gets almost every assist from Love and Pek who are the only guys who can finish on the team.

Horrendously constructed team.

Oly BC
06-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Euroleague scrub goes to NBA and is able to immediately average 22 assists per game in a decent team according to posters.

Tells you a lot really.

aj1987
06-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Euroleague scrub goes to NBA and is able to immediately average 22 assists per game in a decent team according to posters.

Tells you a lot really.
Euroleague legend tries to play in the NBA, goes back to Europe crying.

NBA scrub tries to play in the Euroleague, wins multiple MVP's and has a statue built.

That being said, Rubio sucks. Dude is overrated as heck. Can't shoot or even finish at the rim. Is an decent defender and passer.

This is just an amazingly awful shooting chart:

http://i.imgur.com/YhN2gxJ.png

Oly BC
06-03-2014, 08:47 AM
I'm not sad for the NBA since it is just an amalgam of mostly awful teams and peds but I am sad about Spurs.

A backcourt of Parker, Spanoulis and Ginobili would be just immense. Oh the IQ, the passing, the clutchness, the winning mentality.

Dynasty.:applause:

Oly BC
06-03-2014, 08:49 AM
Surely he's more than a decent passer in NBA terms since he's able to average almost 9 assists in a little more than 30 minutes and in a team that many people say lacks consistent shooters (I haven't seen them so I'll take their word for it).

Doesn't change the fact that his assists tripled and his assists per 36 more than doubled immediately after he changed leagues.
Euroleague is like Krypton, everyone has vision and everyone has learnt to deal with it.
But one player with vision travels across the Atlantic and boom, he's superman.:facepalm

Adam2k9
06-03-2014, 09:35 AM
thats nice but Derrick Rose is the GOAT

Euroleague
06-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Surely he's more than a decent passer in NBA terms since he's able to average almost 9 assists in a little more than 30 minutes in a team that as many people say lacks consistent shooters (I haven't seen them so I'll take their word for it).

Doesn't change the fact that his assists tripled and his assists per 36 more than doubled immediately once he changed leagues.
Euroleague is like Krypton, everyone has vision and everyone has learnt to deal with it.
But one player with vision travels across the Atlantic and boom, he's superman.:facepalm

It's hilarious. Was Rubio even top 10 as a passer in Euroleague? Top 15? Top 20? NBA fans just drool over his passing ability. He was fairly average as far as Euroleague point guards go in passing ability to be perfectly honest.

But in the NBA, they are absolutely mesmerized by his vision and passes. It's not even really above average for Euroleague.

Which is just more proof of how all that nonstop hype that was in YouTube and and US sports media and NBA before he came to the NBA was all NBA hype machine gimmick marketing schemes and advertising and sites like draftexpress.com and their endless nonstop bullshit.

But these NBA only fans are such freaking idiots that they just fall for this crap ever time.

Just look now at all this crap here on this forum about Mirotic. If you even dare suggest Mirotic isn't the best player in Europe or "the next Dirk", you get outright attacked by the same clowns that believed that stupid Rubio nonsense hype that came from the same people saying Rubio was "the next Pete Maravich".

This stuff is just so pathetic.

gabepizza
06-03-2014, 11:50 AM

Tells you a lot really.

Euroleague scrub who was the starting pg for the champions and was selected as the Euroleague rising star.

hawksdogsbraves
06-03-2014, 11:52 AM
Surely he's more than a decent passer in NBA terms since he's able to average almost 9 assists in a little more than 30 minutes and in a team that many people say lacks consistent shooters (I haven't seen them so I'll take their word for it).

Doesn't change the fact that his assists tripled and his assists per 36 more than doubled immediately after he changed leagues.

Good passer, but universally regarded as an average PG at best. Do they not teach kids how to shoot the basketball in Europe?

Oly BC
06-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Good passer, but universally regarded as an average PG at best. Do they not teach kids how to shoot the basketball in Europe?
Sure they do but some people just can't learn no matter what so we ship them over there.

IGOTGAME
06-03-2014, 12:30 PM
He had a career defining injury, wasn't like he had a lot of speed and quickness to spare.

Euroleague
06-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Euroleague scrub who was the starting pg for the champions and was selected as the Euroleague rising star.

He was the 11th or 12 best player on his team.

Euroleague rising star is largely a meaningless award. It's mostly symbolic. You moron.

There are no such things as starters and bench in Euroleague.

Besides that, he was down to his club's 3rd string point guard in his last season.

Not that any of this matters though, as you have been told all of this literally thousands of times already, but since you are a colossal mega troll, a psychopath, and a pathological liar, you continue to pretend that you know none of this, and that none of this is true.