PDA

View Full Version : Why is ISH so love with inefficient volume scorers?

Electric Slide
07-19-2013, 09:21 PM
It seems like the three favorite players from ISH posters are Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony, and of course, Kobe Bryant.

Why are you all so in love with these chuckers?

no pun intended
07-19-2013, 09:24 PM
It seems like the three favorite players from ISH posters are Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony, and of course, Kobe Bryant.

Because when they do get red hot, it is one of the most entertaining, explosive displays of brilliance you would ever get to witness.

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 09:24 PM

Carmelo is shumpert's teammate right?

MP.Trey
07-19-2013, 09:25 PM
I see more Westbrook haters than fans on ISH it seems. :confusedshrug:

LAClipsFan33
Because when they do get red hot, it is one of the most entertaining, explosive displays of brilliance you would ever get to witness.

This.

So help me Allen Iverson

Young X
Kobe is not an inefficient scorer.

Fresh Kid
07-19-2013, 09:26 PM
I see more Westbrook haters than fans on ISH it seems. :confusedshrug:
yea but carmelo has more haters though.

jimmy77x
07-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Another troll thread courtesy of 1 Of the many RG alt accounts. :facepalm

Bandito
07-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Carmelo and Kobe are not efficient scorers.

Electric Slide
07-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Carmelo and Kobe are not efficient scorers.
Yes, that's why I said inefficient.

:confusedshrug:

blablabla
07-19-2013, 09:33 PM
because fvck you that's why

buddha
07-19-2013, 09:38 PM
Because stupid people only follow the ball on the tv and are incapable of seeing what is going on off the ball. it's the same exact reason why stupid people assign a W-L record to quarterbacks in football like they are the only person on the field.

Electric Slide
07-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Because stupid people only follow the ball on the tv and are incapable of seeing what is going on off the ball. it's the same exact reason why stupid people assign a W-L record to quarterbacks in football like they are the only person on the field.
http://media.tumblr.com/9c22781e4c98efffa8acbc7efacb45c9/tumblr_inline_mj084yN7QI1qz4rgp.gif

bmulls
07-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Cuz Monta have it all

Jameerthefear
07-19-2013, 09:49 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/When+FJ+users+finally+agree+on+something_f0a4bb_42 00505.gif
Good job dumbass. Funnyjunk doesn't allow hotlinking.

bmulls
07-19-2013, 09:50 PM

Calm down bro

Electric Slide
07-19-2013, 10:18 PM

Jacks3
07-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Kobe: 46% FG/50% eFG%/57% TS/112 ORTG

How is he anywhere near inefficient?

That's actually excellent efficiency.

Electric Slide
07-19-2013, 10:35 PM

excellent is 60% or above, Kobe never got there and never will.

Kobe is just average but now a days he is below average.

imdaman99
07-19-2013, 10:46 PM
This.

Don't be a dumbass, OP

RRR3
07-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Shut the **** up RG

deja vu
07-19-2013, 11:42 PM
Can't believe that there are people who still think that Melo is better than prime Grant Hill. :lol

ShaqAttack3234
07-20-2013, 12:10 AM
Kobe and Melo aren't inefficient. And the reason they're praised so much for their scoring ability is because they can put a team on their back, and they can get a shot whenever they want. Sometimes, that leads to a poor shooting night, but that's what their teams have asked of them for the most part, and the positives outweigh the negatives, especially in Kobe's case.

As far as Westbrook, if it wasn't already obvious that the pressure he puts on a defense makes a big impact than the playoffs this past season should have been a reminder.

secund2nun
07-20-2013, 12:19 AM
Because they have been brainwashed by the media hype so they are obsessed with overrated volume perimeter players like Melo, Rose, Jennings, Kobe. As a result of this brainwashing, big men have become criminally underrated.

bdreason
07-20-2013, 03:51 AM
The media likes to promote the players who score the most, regardless of how they do it.

So many times I see ESPN/TNT interview some guy after the game that got 30 points on 30 shots, instead of the guy who got 15 points, 15 rebounds, and 5 blocks.

The media either doesn't understand the sport, or assumes that the average person watching the game doesn't understand the sport, and so they just promote the guy who scored the most points, and call it a day.

I<3NBA
07-20-2013, 05:18 AM

less than 50% is inefficient dumbass. idk how that efg or ts is arrived at but 46% is not efficient. and the higher the volume of shots, the more inefficient it becomes.

Inactive
07-20-2013, 08:30 AM

:confusedshrug:His efficiency was solid last year, but in previous years it was pretty bad. 2012 Kobe's EFG was .462, league average .487. 2011 Kobe .487, league average .498. 2010 Kobe .488, league average .501.

He's basically league average or a little worse, throughout his career. That wouldn't be seen as so bad, if it wasn't for the fact that his primary rivals in recent years (e.g Lebron and Durant) have shot well over league average.

Johnny Jones
07-20-2013, 09:14 AM
less than 50% is inefficient dumbass. idk how that efg or ts is arrived at but 46% is not efficient. and the higher the volume of shots, the more inefficient it becomes.
Well then most guards in the NBA are inefficient,

I<3NBA
07-20-2013, 10:35 AM
yes. exactly why kobrick is nothing special.

branslowski
07-20-2013, 10:46 AM
Kobe and Melo aren't inefficient. And the reason they're praised so much for their scoring ability is because they can put a team on their back, and they can get a shot whenever they want. Sometimes, that leads to a poor shooting night, but that's what their teams have asked of them for the most part, and the positives outweigh the negatives, especially in Kobe's case.

As far as Westbrook, if it wasn't already obvious that the pressure he puts on a defense makes a big impact than the playoffs this past season should have been a reminder.

Good actual unbiased post from one of the more respectable posters on the board.:applause:

branslowski
07-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Following this thread, we should also stop watching:

Steph Curry- 45% fg last season

James Harden- 43% fg last season

Paul George- 41% fg last season

Deron Williams- 44% fg last season

Kyrie Irving- 45% fg last season

Ray Allens Career- 45% fg

Yea, stop watching these players because they don't shoot 50% fg and I'd rather watch boxscore than in game impact.:rolleyes:

Johnny Jones
07-20-2013, 11:00 AM

Yea, stop watching these players because they don't shoot 50% fg and I'd rather watch boxscore than in game impact.:rolleyes:
inb4 I<3NBA says Ray Allen is nothing special.

Inactive
07-20-2013, 11:08 AM

Yea, stop watching these players because they don't shoot 50% fg and I'd rather watch boxscore than in game impact.:rolleyes:All of those guys have been more efficient throughout their careers than Kobe.

I<3NBA
07-20-2013, 11:16 AM
inb4 I<3NBA says Ray Allen is nothing special.
:lol why'd you not list the others?

boldarblood
07-20-2013, 11:18 AM
All of those guys have been more efficient throughout their careers than Kobe.

moron alert

dh144498
07-20-2013, 11:22 AM

:roll:

:biggums:

Dro
07-20-2013, 11:27 AM
The media likes to promote the players who score the most, regardless of how they do it.

So many times I see ESPN/TNT interview some guy after the game that got 30 points on 30 shots, instead of the guy who got 15 points, 15 rebounds, and 5 blocks.

The media either doesn't understand the sport, or assumes that the average person watching the game doesn't understand the sport, and so they just promote the guy who scored the most points, and call it a day.
This. The media thinks most of you guys are idiots, and they're correct.

Dro
07-20-2013, 11:28 AM

Nice way to take something out of context. NONE of these guys are considered prolific scorers like a Carmelo Anthony. I'm sure you knew that but :confusedshrug:

branslowski
07-20-2013, 11:28 AM

Yet another troll post, as if we didn't have enough on the first page of this thread:facepalm

My mistake though, I posted in a troll/Kobe hating thread anyway, don't even know why I expected a legit convo/debate.

no posters here on my level, next/

Derka
07-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Because your mother.

But seriously, I don't get it either. Those guys go off on occasion and have memorable performances and that's the kind of thing that sticks with fans.

branslowski
07-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Nice way to take something out of context. NONE of these guys are considered prolific scorers like a Carmelo Anthony. I'm sure you knew that but :confusedshrug:

Yet Harden and Curry finished in the top 10 in ppg along with Melo this past season at #5 and #7 respectively...But I'm sure you knew that.

All those players are concidered must watch great players...Also, wouldn't shooting more make ur fg% not great? Thought everyone knew this.

Also I didn't use garbage ass players...I used top 20 players, like Kobe, Melo, and Westbrook are. But you know this.

How about I just give you (and other trolls) what you really want? "Kobe is an overrated shot jacker who will never win a title"....Doesn't that just give you a hard on?

Blue&Orange
07-20-2013, 11:46 AM

Lebron stans need to realize that Lebron is efficient because he plays on a loaded team, that allows him to cherry pick like nobody else in the history of the NBA.

When the cherry picking is taken from him, he is barely more efficient than the names on your post, as seen in his cavs days or this last playoffs.

Dro
07-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Yet Harden and Curry finished in the top 10 in ppg along with Melo this past season at #5 and #7 respectively...But I'm sure you knew that.

All those players are concidered must watch great players...Also, wouldn't shooting more make ur fg% not great? Thought everyone knew this.

Also I didn't use garbage ass players...I used top 20 players, like Kobe, Melo, and Westbrook are. But you know this.

How about I just give you (and other trolls) what you really want? "Kobe is an overrated shot jacker who will never win a title"....Doesn't that just give you a hard on?
Who the **** are you calling a troll? Because I don't agree with you? You don't have ANY evidence of me trolling, instead you're in here getting all butthurt because I quoted your post and disagreed with you. Nice way to make blanket statements, putting words in my mouth when I haven't talked shit about Kobe at all. Yet, you go an start a thread complaining about other posters because they don't wash Kobe's nuts the same way you do, when you're the one who is trolling. But I don't have time for children or people who act like them so welcome to the ignore list. Its a great place. Best thing on the site.

Edit: Just realized you're another sad Kobe stan. Wow, how does it feel to have one man's balls so far up your azz?:confusedshrug: My entire ignore list is full of Kobe stans. Its messed up too cause I like Kobe but his boyfriend's make it really difficult...

NumberSix
07-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Kobe's inefficiency as a scorer is over exaggerated.

Lebron23
07-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Lebron stans need to realize that Lebron is efficient because he plays on a loaded team, that allows him to cherry pick like nobody else in the history of the NBA.

When the cherry picking is taken from him, he is barely more efficient than the names on your post, as seen in his cavs days or this last playoffs.

You're a stupid dumb @$$. Lebron was already an efficient scorer in Cleveland. He averaged 29.8 ppg on 50% in his last season with the Cavaliers.

Dro
07-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Kobe's inefficiency as a scorer is over exaggerated.
I can agree with this...

branslowski
07-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Who the **** are you calling a troll? Because I don't agree with you? You don't have ANY evidence of me trolling, instead you're in here getting all butthurt because I quoted your post and disagreed with you. Nice way to make blanket statements, putting words in my mouth when I haven't talked shit about Kobe at all. Yet, you go an start a thread complaining about other posters because they don't wash Kobe's nuts the same way you do, when you're the one who is trolling. But I don't have time for children or people who act like them so welcome to the ignore list. Its a great place. Best thing on the site.

Edit: Just realized you're another sad Kobe stan. Wow, how does it feel to have one man's balls so far up your azz?:confusedshrug: My entire ignore list is full of Kobe stans. Its messed up too cause I like Kobe but his boyfriend's make it really difficult...

And as I suspected, nothing in this post to refute what I posted.

If you aren't a troll, good for you....I don't get madd if one doesn't, how you say it..."wash Kobe's balls?"..No, I respond when dumbass threads like this is made that tries and discredits my fav player....But I'm assuming you don't understand what I mean, so I'll use Jordan for analogy:

If an idiot said "Jordan sucked in the playoffs"...Wouldn't it only be fair that a Jordan fan assumed he's working with a troll, thus strikes back with facts in MJs favor that shuts said troll up?

You responded to a clear point I made...You said players on the list wasn't prolific scorers before you even realized they are all Top 20 players including Curry and Harden who finished top 10 in scoring like Melo, Kobe, and Westbrook did. I just responded to ur stupidety.

But if you aren't a troll, I apologize...Once I see trolls posting dumb sh!t, I tend to throw everyone posting dumb shit in the same monkey barrow.

Inactive
07-20-2013, 12:21 PM
Yet another troll post, as if we didn't have enough on the first page of this thread:facepalm

My mistake though, I posted in a troll/Kobe hating thread anyway, don't even know why I expected a legit convo/debate.

no posters here on my level, next/

:roll:

:biggums:

moron alertCurry: EFG%:.548 TS%:.586
Harden: EFG%:.519 TS%:.603
George: EFG%:.499 TS%:.540
Williams: EFG%:.503 TS%:.558
Irving: EFG%:.509 TS%:.559
Allen: EFG%:.530 TS%:.580

Kobe: EFG%:.487 TS%:.555

I guess this answers the OP's question. Evidently many posters don't have any idea how (in)efficient players are.

Young X
07-20-2013, 12:36 PM
The lack of basketball knowledge on this board is disgusting.

Kobe is NOT an inefficient scorer. 27 pts on 20 shots is not inefficient, 27 on 57 TS% is not inefficient.

Using FG% only to measure a players scoring effieciency is DUMB because it doesn't include the extra points players get from free throws and 3's - How much times does this need to be said?

Westbrook is inefficient, Melo is inefficient, Rose is inefficient, Rondo is inefficient.

Stop grouping Kobe in with those idiots.

:facepalm

MadeFromDust
07-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Way to turn a premise into a question and put it in a subject line bro

avonbarksdale
07-20-2013, 06:25 PM
kobe isnt inefficient. guy kills it from the line and takes the most shots so hes gonna have a lower field goal %... also he isnt afraid to chuck up half court shots at the buzzer etc. like lebron and durant - who have admitted they will not take those shots to save fg%, and if its a tight game hes taking any hard (even contested) shots

noob cake
07-20-2013, 06:30 PM
Today, Kobestans have discovered TS.

Kobestans never fail to crack me up.

ShaqAttack3234
07-20-2013, 06:47 PM

Kobe is NOT an inefficient scorer. 27 pts on 20 shots is not inefficient, 27 on 57 TS% is not inefficient.

Using FG% only to measure a players scoring effieciency is DUMB because it doesn't include the extra points players get from free throws and 3's - How much times does this need to be said?

Westbrook is inefficient, Melo is inefficient, Rose is inefficient, Rondo is inefficient.

Melo's shooting % last season were 45 FG%, 50 eFG% and 56 TS% so by grouping him in you're doing the same thing you have a problem with people doing to Kobe.

Though Rose wasn't all that inefficient last time he was healthy either at 45 FG%, 49 eFG% and 55 TS%. Pretty average efficiency actually.

secund2nun
07-20-2013, 07:11 PM

Which is why guards are overrated. Big men are what it is all about.

secund2nun
07-20-2013, 07:12 PM

Brilliant post.

Young X
07-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Melo's shooting % last season were 45 FG%, 50 eFG% and 56 TS% so by grouping him in you're doing the same thing you have a problem with people doing to Kobe.

Though Rose wasn't all that inefficient last time he was healthy either at 45 FG%, 49 eFG% and 55 TS%. Pretty average efficiency actually.
Melo shot under 50 TS% in the playoffs last season on 26 shot attempts and shoots 51 TS% in the playoffs for his career - That's AWFUL efficiency.

Same thing with Rose, he shoots 50 TS% on 22 attempts in the playoffs for his career as a PG. 25 pts on 22 shots for a point guard is terrible.

ShaqAttack3234
07-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Melo shot under 50 TS% in the playoffs last season on 26 shot attempts and shoots 51 TS% in the playoffs for his career - That's AWFUL efficiency.

Same thing with Rose, he shoots 50 TS% on 22 attempts in the playoffs for his career as a PG. 25 pts on 22 shots for a point guard is terrible.

You weren't specifying the playoffs, especially since you posted Kobe's regular season numbers for this season.

Young X
07-20-2013, 10:11 PM
You weren't specifying the playoffs, especially since you posted Kobe's regular season numbers for this season.
I was mainly talking about their careers in general - Westbrook, Melo, and Rose have been inefficient scorers for the majority of their careers (so far). I shouldn't have included Melo tho, his efficiency in the regular season was solid, it just annoys me when people classify Kobe as an inefficient scorer.

:cheers:

TemporaMutantur
07-20-2013, 10:17 PM
First of all, the league average takes all positions into account, not just guards. So you can't juxtapose the efficiency of guards in respect to the league average due to the average being offset by the naturally higher efficiency of more paint-oriented players, like centers for instance.

ShaqAttack3234
07-20-2013, 10:50 PM
I was mainly talking about their careers in general - Westbrook, Melo, and Rose have been inefficient scorers for the majority of their careers (so far). I shouldn't have included Melo tho, his efficiency in the regular season was solid, it just annoys me when people classify Kobe as an inefficient scorer.

:cheers:

Ok, I get where you're coming from and pretty much agree.

Jacks3
07-20-2013, 11:19 PM

Exactly this. Kobe has posted excellent efficiency every single year since 2000 outside that stretch in 2011 and 2012 where he was playing injured.

What the hell is wrong with you morons?

KingMichael23
07-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Shooting 45% or over is inefficient?

Graviton
07-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Shooting 45% or over is inefficient?
All these people are obsessed with ESPN hype and spoiled due to Lebron's crazy shooting percentages.

News flash, smaller you are the lower your FG% will be. Not to mention those stats are inflated thanks to cherry picking against garbage teams in the regular season. I would like to know how many people in NBA history actually shot 50%+ in the playoffs on 20+ shots as a perimeter player.