PDA

View Full Version : What are your next gen plans?

glidedrxlr22
07-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Which system are you planning on getting and when? What are you going to do with your current systems?

I

Qwyjibo
07-22-2013, 01:25 PM
I'll wait it out at least until mid-2014. Based on what we know right now, I'm strongly leaning towards the PS4 but we'll see. I want to see reviews, games and what kind of initial technical issues these system are going to have.

Burgz V2
07-22-2013, 01:45 PM
I'll wait it out at least until mid-2014. Based on what we know right now, I'm strongly leaning towards the PS4 but we'll see. I want to see reviews, games and what kind of initial technical issues these system are going to have.

im in the same boat. I bought a 360 when it first came out and all it was was a headache.

based on the specs im not sure anyone isn't leaning towards the PS4 but depending on the exclusive games for each system it might sway me.

Al Thornton
07-22-2013, 02:05 PM
going to get a ps4 but could be waiting until 2014 because none of the games i'm interested in are out until then. and i can play 2k14 on the 360 or pc

UConnCeltics
07-22-2013, 02:42 PM
I probably won't get a next gen console. Don't think gaming will be a big part of my future, and I really only ever play Madden and COD anyways.

Kungfro
07-22-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm gonna wait a year, probably focus more on computer and handheld gaming in the meantime.

nightprowler10
07-22-2013, 02:59 PM
PS4, but not till next christmas.

Thorpesaurous
07-22-2013, 03:25 PM
I sort of figured I'd be the guy most inclined to pre-order, but I'm not 100% yet. I will be getting a PS4. But I tend to play games like books, one at a time, and to completion. So a little will depend on where I fall with GTAV. That's already pre-ordered on the PS3, so if it's going to take me the remainder of the year before I feel I've adequately completed it for my taste, which will mean a ton of side stuff, then perhaps I'll hold off on the PS4 into early 2014. The other thing would be if I decide to get the next Batman as well and on what. Otherwise I'm going to want to get into Watch Dogs next, so that'll probably be the way I go.

Jameerthefear
07-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Well I have a 360 now, so GTA V will probably not get boring for a very long time. Who knows...

Brujesino
07-23-2013, 01:18 AM
The plan is to get the xbox sometime around february

bdreason
07-23-2013, 01:22 AM
Already pre-ordered PS4 + Eye + Extra controller + NBA 2K14 which has been confirmed as a launch day title.

Rose
07-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Preordered both just in case M$ wins me back by ditching Kinect, and doing a few other smaller things. But I'm 99% sure I'm going with a ps4. preordered from amazon the bundle with battlefield 4 and the year of PS+. Gonna pick up watch dogs on it's release and play it, and maybe ac 4. Depends on the funds at the time though. I need to get a headset as well, haven't decided what kind I'm going to go with though.

In the mean time: burning through some ps3 games like you glide, while weening off my 360. Hell most of the time I'm on my 360 it's too party chat with someone while I play on the ps3. :oldlol:

Hoping on selling the 360 and my games for a good price in february when my gold runs out. I have the reach version which usually goes for a solid price on eBay so I'm hoping that keeps up.

Scholar
07-23-2013, 03:23 PM
I'll be getting the PS4 some time in 2014. Likely late 2014.
I plan on keeping and using my PS3 often, and I believe GTA V & Watch Dogs will both keep me busy for a long time to come on the PS3.

ukballer
07-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Currently a 360 gamer, but planning to switch allegiances (again, chose the 360 over the PS3 after being a PS2 user) back to Sony, and intend to get the PS4 on release date. Quite a lot of games I'm interested in getting that will be launch titles, so I see no reason for me personally to wait.

I do intend to sell my 360 and my games, but may just hold onto it for a while longer. But eventually I will sell it.

GOBB
07-23-2013, 05:18 PM
GTA 5 isnt on the new generation consoles. So that means I'll ride out my 360 until my xbox live subscription ends. And decide which new console I will get after hearing the feedback from people who purchased ps4/xbox one.

Carbine
07-23-2013, 05:28 PM
PS4 on release day, plus Madden.

ukballer
07-24-2013, 03:17 AM
GTA 5 isnt on the new generation consoles. So that means I'll ride out my 360 until my xbox live subscription ends. And decide which new console I will get after hearing the feedback from people who purchased ps4/xbox one.

That's a good point about GTA 5. I was hoping it was going to be released for PC, but as it's not, and properly won't be for quite a while, 360 is my only hope. Definitely not selling up just yet. :D

Undisputed
07-24-2013, 03:32 AM
PS4, not sure when I will get one, but it won't be at launch. I may just wait until the next Mortal Kombat or another good next gen fighting game comes out(No interest at all in Killer Instinct 3).

GTA V is going to make a lot of would be launch buyers for the next gen wait it out...that must be very annoying to Sony and Micro$oft.

I do have a feeling there will be GTA V on PS4 and XB1 by next Spring.

LJJ
07-24-2013, 05:04 AM
The launch window games suck, so not for a while.

rhythmic
07-24-2013, 09:25 AM
100% getting a PS4 on launch day.
The games I will be getting right away includes NBA 2K14, Fifa 14, Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs and Destiny.

code green
07-24-2013, 09:27 AM
If you consider it "next gen," I only plan on getting the Wii U. I'm still waiting for the new Zelda to drop before I buy the console though. I have a PS3, and I'll eventually end up getting the PS4, but not anytime soon.

LJJ
07-24-2013, 09:57 AM
If you consider it "next gen," I only plan on getting the Wii U. I'm still waiting for the new Zelda to drop before I buy the console though. I have a PS3, and I'll eventually end up getting the PS4, but not anytime soon.

So..... 2015 or so?

niko
07-24-2013, 10:10 AM
I have a WiiU, and ill get a PS4 when games start coming out for it. Buying a $400 system to get games months later that are already on a system I have is very unappealing to me.

code green
07-24-2013, 01:25 PM
So..... 2015 or so?

Hopefully a little sooner. :oldlol:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/11/nintendo-considered-showing-new-zelda-wii-u-game-at-e3.aspx

Maniak
07-31-2013, 07:24 PM
probably going to sell my ps3 soon-ish to get good value out of it before its too late.

then ill get a ps4 and theres probably around 5-6 games i want that come out on/right around the release.

only cons of doing this is i wont have anything to play gta5 on ... then again i didnt play gta4 until years and years after it came out so i think ill be ok.

me and my wallet will never be going near an xbox one. not because of the hurr durr m$ circlejerk or all the failure that has surrounded that console (and its name, like wtf is that shit), but simply because i'd rather stick with the playstation like i always have, plus im going to get a nice new pc around $1,000 relatively soon so that plus my ps4 will be more than enough and ill never need an xbox one. there is nothing the xbox one brings to the table that makes me want it.

Thorpesaurous
08-01-2013, 08:51 AM
I read another good GTA V point regarding the next gen systems the other day. It's been pretty well reported around that GTAV will not be available on either next gen system. Although most people seem to think it will come out around the time a PC version is released. But someone then asked about DLC. If they do something along the lines of Gay Tony or The Lost and The Damned, I'm at that point probably gonna be well into my next gen console, and I'm gonna want to know if it's gonna be available to me.

LJJ
08-01-2013, 09:09 AM
I read another good GTA V point regarding the next gen systems the other day. It's been pretty well reported around that GTAV will not be available on either next gen system. Although most people seem to think it will come out around the time a PC version is released. But someone then asked about DLC. If they do something along the lines of Gay Tony or The Lost and The Damned, I'm at that point probably gonna be well into my next gen console, and I'm gonna want to know if it's gonna be available to me.

Now the DLC question, that's interesting. I could see MS grabbing exclusivity for that, I really could. Would be quite a coup.

Rockstar is the only videogame company that does DLC right.

EnoughSaid
08-04-2013, 09:01 AM
From now until November, I'm only going to get GTA 5 for my PS3 and probably a used game or something. Going to save 2K14, FIFA 14, AC4, Arkham Origins and Watch Dogs for the PS4.

Shade8780
08-04-2013, 09:14 AM
I'm getting the PS4 for Christmas along with 2K14, FIFA and Madden 25. I'll probably get 2K and Madden on the PS3 as well and trade them in when I get the PS4. Also getting GTA V on PS3.

Maniak
08-04-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm getting the PS4 for Christmas along with 2K14, FIFA and Madden 25. I'll probably get 2K and Madden on the PS3 as well and trade them in when I get the PS4. Also getting GTA V on PS3.
:biggums:

Shade8780
08-04-2013, 01:26 PM
:biggums:
What?

Maniak
08-04-2013, 03:34 PM
What?
game trade ins rape you so hard.

when you get rid of games sell them on craigslist or something like that. you can often get 2x or even 3x the value gamestop or something like that will give you.

unless things are different in potato land.

Anti Hero
08-05-2013, 07:20 AM
game trade ins rape you so hard.

when you get rid of games sell them on craigslist or something like that. you can often get 2x or even 3x the value gamestop or something like that will give you.

unless things are different in potato land.
I trade all my shit in too. If it's a game I'm never gonna play again, why keep it? I have a friend that keeps them no matter what, because they're "his". You do get raped but it's way more convenient than to go meet someone from CList.

Thorpesaurous
08-05-2013, 09:58 AM
So there's one PS4 exclusive that I'm particularly interested in, that being Watch Dogs.

And there's one PS3 exclusive I'm getting, GTAV, which is already preordered.

Now there's another two games, that are going to be on both platforms, that I'm interested in. Batman and Assassin's Creed. Batman it's possible I could live without. I loved both the first installments, but both I played mainly because they fell at good times, because the super hero genre is not something I'm usually into. Assassin's Creed I was a little worried about, because it felt rushed to me. I did skip both Bloodlines and Brotherhood, so I'm not quite as committed to the series as some people, although I have loved all three of the main releases, in spite of some of the repetitiveness flaws. And unlike most people, I loved three, even more than two, so it's heading in a good direction in my opinion, especially if the awfull Desmond story line has truely ended. And the game play footage that's been circulating looks awesome.

So my options are finish GTAV, play one or both Batman and AC on my PS3, which I just bought the new slim 500 gig model last Christmas, and hold off on the PS4 and just get it with Watch Dogs when I'm ready, or suck it up and buy the PS4 right out the gate like I usually do, and get the better versions of both AC and Batman, but it's likely that one of them I'll never get to, because by the time I finish Watch Dogs, something else will probably come out that will push those to the back burner.

It's a tough call.

Jailblazers7
08-05-2013, 10:27 AM
I will probably get a next gen console a year after launch. There are still plenty of old games on 360 and PS3 that will keep me occupied for a year. I'm really not in any rush for it. I might actually buy a new PS3 at launch because I'm losing the one I have now when I move into my new apartment in two weeks.

niko
08-05-2013, 11:54 AM
So there's one PS4 exclusive that I'm particularly interested in, that being Watch Dogs.

And there's one PS3 exclusive I'm getting, GTAV, which is already preordered.

Now there's another two games, that are going to be on both platforms, that I'm interested in. Batman and Assassin's Creed. Batman it's possible I could live without. I loved both the first installments, but both I played mainly because they fell at good times, because the super hero genre is not something I'm usually into. Assassin's Creed I was a little worried about, because it felt rushed to me. I did skip both Bloodlines and Brotherhood, so I'm not quite as committed to the series as some people, although I have loved all three of the main releases, in spite of some of the repetitiveness flaws. And unlike most people, I loved three, even more than two, so it's heading in a good direction in my opinion, especially if the awfull Desmond story line has truely ended. And the game play footage that's been circulating looks awesome.

So my options are finish GTAV, play one or both Batman and AC on my PS3, which I just bought the new slim 500 gig model last Christmas, and hold off on the PS4 and just get it with Watch Dogs when I'm ready, or suck it up and buy the PS4 right out the gate like I usually do, and get the better versions of both AC and Batman, but it's likely that one of them I'll never get to, because by the time I finish Watch Dogs, something else will probably come out that will push those to the back burner.

It's a tough call.

It's not a tough call, just wait, play all the games and get PS4 next year when it's getting all the games made specifically for it. I doubt the PS4 versions will be much better, do you think companies will spend a lot of resources on a system almost no one has?

GOBB
08-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Now the DLC question, that's interesting. I could see MS grabbing exclusivity for that, I really could. Would be quite a coup.

Rockstar is the only videogame company that does DLC right.

No other video games do DLC. I'm lost what what you mean. DLC = downloadable content, and most of my games always have DLC later on after release. Be it map packs, additions to the game or a additional story all together. Assassins creed, Bioshock do this with DLC. Is this what you are asking?

Maniak
08-05-2013, 01:48 PM
I trade all my shit in too. If it's a game I'm never gonna play again, why keep it? I have a friend that keeps them no matter what, because they're "his". You do get raped but it's way more convenient than to go meet someone from CList.
id take money over convenience personally.

LJJ
08-05-2013, 01:49 PM
No other video games do DLC. I'm lost what what you mean. DLC = downloadable content, and most of my games always have DLC later on after release. Be it map packs, additions to the game or a additional story all together. Assassins creed, Bioshock do this with DLC. Is this what you are asking?

No I mean I could see Microsoft acquire exlusive rights to a GTA DLC pack (or packs). They have a lot of money to throw around for these deals, while Sony can't offer a dime.

And that Rockstar is the only company with worthwhile DLC. I realize almost every developer releases DLC of some form these days, but by and large it's overpriced garbage. Rockstar is the only developer offering high quality DLC.

Maniak
08-05-2013, 01:53 PM
i dont think rockstar would do that seeing as it would piss off a bunch of their fanbase

Thorpesaurous
08-05-2013, 03:15 PM
i dont think rockstar would do that seeing as it would piss off a bunch of their fanbase

Rockstar already did it. Gay Tony and The Lost and The Damned weren't exclusives, but they were time released exclusives to the XBox. It took like a full year to get to PS. For the right money they would do it again I'm sure. I'm just curious how they'd handle the content, because you couldn't play GT or TLATD without having GTA already, so if I play those on PS3, then move on to the PS4, will I be able to play the additional content on there?

GOBB
08-05-2013, 06:56 PM
No I mean I could see Microsoft acquire exlusive rights to a GTA DLC pack (or packs). They have a lot of money to throw around for these deals, while Sony can't offer a dime.

And that Rockstar is the only company with worthwhile DLC. I realize almost every developer releases DLC of some form these days, but by and large it's overpriced garbage. Rockstar is the only developer offering high quality DLC.

Oops got you. :cheers:

G-train
08-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Thorpesaurous can you give me your age in a bracket so I don't feel so bad about playing games still?

Rose
08-05-2013, 11:05 PM
It's not a tough call, just wait, play all the games and get PS4 next year when it's getting all the games made specifically for it. I doubt the PS4 versions will be much better, do you think companies will spend a lot of resources on a system almost no one has?
Actually, you're wrong.

AC4 on the ps4 and xbone will have better graphics, along with better wind and water simulation. Which is going to be pretty important since...you're a pirate.

link (http://www.alivegamezone.com/2013/07/14/assassins-creed-4-on-ps4-will-have-better-wind-simulation/)

Watch Dogs is also going to look prettier on the next gen as well along with better simulation even though that's not going to be as important as it will with AC 4. link (http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/watch_dogs/news/ps4_and_xbox_one_offers_the_real_hd_experience_for _watch_dogs.html)

Battlefield 4 is going to only be able to do second screen stuff on next gen.

I'd assume several other games are going to be the same way, not just Ubisoft and EA.

Al Thornton
08-06-2013, 12:01 AM
Actually, you're wrong.

AC4 on the ps4 and xbone will have better graphics, along with better wind and water simulation. Which is going to be pretty important since...you're a pirate.

link (http://www.alivegamezone.com/2013/07/14/assassins-creed-4-on-ps4-will-have-better-wind-simulation/)

Watch Dogs is also going to look prettier on the next gen as well along with better simulation even though that's not going to be as important as it will with AC 4. link (http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/watch_dogs/news/ps4_and_xbox_one_offers_the_real_hd_experience_for _watch_dogs.html)

Battlefield 4 is going to only be able to do second screen stuff on next gen.

I'd assume several other games are going to be the same way, not just Ubisoft and EA.

they will look better but they will all play exactly the same. it's basically the same as how games made in the past 2-3 years are on pc versus 360/ps3.

Thorpesaurous
08-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Thorpesaurous can you give me your age in a bracket so I don't feel so bad about playing games still?

I'm 36.

I basically treat games like books. I can get out 4-6, maybe 8 a year. But I don't have time to screw around with them, so I play essentially only AAA titles. I pre-order the games I want. I get them opening day. If I like it I'll play it compulsively for a few weeks or month, depending on the size. I almost never leave anything unbeaten, unless I just really don't like it. I track down as many extras and hidden shit as I can without getting nuts about it. But I don't play online or anything. I'm mostly looking for a good story to unfold in front in of me, like a book, or a good movie.

So that sort of brings me back to why pre-ordering is a tough call for me. I'm not the kind of guy who wants to play a game that's 3 months old. I don't usually buy things on a whim. So I sort of want to have the Watch Dogs experience, which I was led to believe won't be available on PS3, which means I kinda have to buy the PS4 on release. Or I may be able to tide myself over a few months with GTA and get PS3 versions of AC and Batman, but if I wait too long something else will come along and I won't play Watchdogs.

It's a different problem because at my age I don't have the time to play as much as I'd like, but money isn't really a problem in buying the stuff I'd want, if I just had the time to play them.

DaSeba5
09-21-2013, 03:54 PM
I'm getting the PS4 as soon as it comes out

I'll get the Xbox One sometime down the road

BankShot
09-22-2013, 08:32 PM
It's a different problem because at my age I don't have the time to play as much as I'd like, but money isn't really a problem in buying the stuff I'd want, if I just had the time to play them.

I'm in the same situation when it comes to video games.... I'm really only on my second story-related video game for this year (Tomb Raider and GTA-V) with a little NBA mixed in here and there.

I've already "missed out" on Last of Us and will probably do the same with Arkham Origins, Assasins Creed IV, and Watchdogs, simply because I don't want to buy the games and not fully play them.

Its not necessarily a bad thing that I play way less video games, but its too kinda too bad because they're only getting better and better and those of us that have seen the evolution of gaming throughout the year can really appreciate the change that has happened.

Scholar
09-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Wait a minute. Watch Dogs won't be for PS3? :wtf: I put $15 down for a pre-order at GameStop. If it won't be for PS3, why did GameStop accept my deposit? The cashier reassured me it'll be for current and next gen systems.

Qwyjibo
09-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Wait a minute. Watch Dogs won't be for PS3? :wtf: I put $15 down for a pre-order at GameStop. If it won't be for PS3, why did GameStop accept my deposit? The cashier reassured me it'll be for current and next gen systems.
It should be. I think you're ok.