PDA

View Full Version : What is your IQ?

1987_Lakers
07-22-2013, 06:48 PM
I just took the test and scored a 115.

Budadiiii
07-22-2013, 06:54 PM
I've never tested below 150. I'd say 165 would be a fair number.

Myth
07-22-2013, 07:00 PM

:roll:

Guess what, they pretty much only test people repeatedly if they are stupid.

HarryCallahan
07-22-2013, 07:48 PM

If you really were that intelligent, you'd realise no one believes your sh!tty lies.

Kblaze8855
07-22-2013, 07:49 PM
I took placement tests when i left private school for public and i was allegedly high school level at 8. Not that that's saying anything IQ related.

I did take an IQ test as a kid at some learning center and my mom was told it was high but this was 25 years ago. I don't remember the number our if we even got one. I do remember being told I qualified for whatever it'd was my mom wanted me to get accepted for.

I think you had to be in the top 3 percent or something. But i don't believe in IQ tests really.

I know I'm smarter than average. But i suspect id do better on a test than a lot of people I'm not smarter than. My mom and grandmother are teachers. I test better than i suspect id do otherwise though id be no less intelligent.

A lot of it is upbringing.

If I'm raised in a fishing village and given the same test I'm sure id do worse. I wouldn't even care if i did well.

But as i am it would be a matter of pride. Id apply myself much more.

Plenty of idiots would sound intelligent raised to worry about enunciation and how strangers perceived them on first impression.

I'm as much a product of upbringing as anything natural.

Bandito
07-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Unbelievable as it to believe I scored a solid 169. Everybody thought I cheated so they made me take it again in English (im a Spanish speaker) and I scored 182. Everybody was petrified by how I did that!

SilkkTheShocker
07-22-2013, 07:53 PM
It's pretty high up there.

ace23
07-22-2013, 07:53 PM

HarryCallahan
07-22-2013, 07:58 PM
I just took the test and scored a 115.

Did you take it online? Online testing isn't accurate.

miller-time
07-22-2013, 08:15 PM
I've only ever taken online tests, where I've scored between 119 and 127. But those tests don't really mean much. I haven't taken a proper IQ test before but I probably wouldn't do so well because my short term memory is terrible. The test where you have to recall lists of numbers backwards and in order would do me in. Although I would score pretty well in Mental rotation and visual puzzle tests.

MavsSuperFan
07-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Wow ISH is amazing Everyone here is a super genius :eek:

What are you Einsteins doing wasting your time here, go solve global warming or something

:banana:

That or you all want to lie and impress other dudes you will never meet.

Bandito
07-22-2013, 09:03 PM
Wow ISH is amazing Everyone here is a super genius :eek:

What are you Einsteins doing wasting your time here, go solve global warming or something

:banana:

That or you all want to lie and impress other dudes you will never meet.
im actually working on an AI forna video game for college. I want to do an AI that can grow as the player get better in the game, prrety much I want to create a self learning AI that grows as the player grows playing tye game. It is a FPS btw. I am working on a team of 5 people too, we have 3 programmers and two working on the graphics. The game (pretty much a test level) is already done, we are mainly working on the AI. It is pretty hard to do what we are doing with only 5 people though...

miller-time
07-22-2013, 09:07 PM
im actually working on an AI forna video game for college. I want to do an AI that can grow as the player get better in the game, prrety much I want to create a self learning AI that grows as the player grows playing tye game. It is a FPS btw. I am working on a team of 5 people too, we have 3 programmers and two working on the graphics. The game (pretty much a test level) is already done, we are mainly working on the AI. It is pretty hard to do what we are doing with only 5 people though...

Do you have any evidence of this you can share with us?

Bandito
07-22-2013, 09:26 PM
I could post photos if the others let me do it, but I won't post the code here!

HarryCallahan
07-22-2013, 09:45 PM

So you want evidence that he's making a video game, not that his IQ is 182?

:rolleyes:

Peteballa
07-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Everyone is posting bullshit scores, but my actual score, which I received after taking the test when I was five years old, was a 147.

IQ is such bullshit, though. I've met people with higher IQ's who are dumber than me, and people with lower scores than are smarter. There are so many other factors that come in to play that applying one test and one number to describe someone's intelligence is ridiculous.

Lebowsky
07-23-2013, 08:40 AM

longhornfan1234
07-23-2013, 08:40 AM
My IQ is higher than Obama's.

rufuspaul
07-23-2013, 08:42 AM

:oldlol:

The only official test I ever took was when I was 11. I scored 128. :(

fiddy
07-23-2013, 08:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17zNW-wz35E

Psileas
07-23-2013, 09:45 AM
As we know, IQ tests may not be the best indicators of intelligence that we could have, but having said that:

1) IQ tests are in general becoming increasingly complex, so that they measure multiple facets of intelligence. And, while not perfect, they are better at measuring intelligence than "career", "money", "fame", "sex received", etc. Intelligence and success are different, with the first, imo, basically being someone's capacity of thinking correctly. After all, people prefer using the "street smarts" phrase in order to approach the success factor.

2) Not all IQ tests are equally reliable. Not even all online IQ tests are equally (un)reliable, as some people claim. To be honest, I'll take some online tests over, say, the test of Mansa easily. Although I've never taken the Mensa test, I have a hard time taking seriously an IQ test that lasts only 20 minutes (for 45 questions) and, as far as I've heard, basically tests only 1 type of intelligence (if this is wrong, I want to hear the truth), even if this type is considered culturally unbiased.
Some other online tests, however, think too much of themselves and are probably overrated by 15+ points.

3) An above average intelligence person who's made IQ test solving a habbit will probably have his IQ exaggerated due to developing thinking strategies once he's somewhat caught up with the authors' way of thinking. So, their 10th IQ testing score will likely be higher than their 1st. Let's be honest, creative imagination based on logic does have limits. Sure, they are incredibly high and nobody has approached them, but they do exist somewhere.
The good thing is, lots of people can boost their scores by also changing their line of thinking. Some, though, are more capable than others.

4) EQ (emotional quotient) is often considered more important than IQ. This is partially true and partially false. EQ is more important if you want a solid interpersonal development in a society which has an average IQ of 100. IQ is more important for the advancement of humanity.

5) To be honest, I'm tired of people who try to downplay their high IQ scores, at least in certain tests. Yes, we get it, it doesn't solve the purpose of your existence and it doesn't make you anywhere close to perfect. But neither do the facets I mentioned before (money, career, sex, diplomas), yet I don't see anyone try to downplay any of them. Maybe because people are too hung up on personal success which one day might very well turn into fail and tragedy. And yes, IQ tests are far from the only way of measuring intelligence. But you may also have heard of the phrase that "some people are so poor they only have money".
Have some pride or, at least, feel some luck. Having a very high IQ does NOT mean "nothing", at least no less than having lots of money also means "nothing", since it's a matter of what you're going to do with that money, as well.
Stop apologizing. You'll find plenty of jealous haters with mediocre minds who'll do all this dirty work for you. Stand your ground.

bballer
07-23-2013, 09:51 AM
bout tree fiddy

Myth
07-23-2013, 12:55 PM
I hope all of you realize that posting scores is worthless without also posting what test you took. :hammerhead:

Kblaze8855
07-23-2013, 01:01 PM
5) To be honest, I'm tired of people who try to downplay their high IQ scores, at least in certain tests. Yes, we get it, it doesn't solve the purpose of your existence and it doesn't make you anywhere close to perfect. But neither do the facets I mentioned before (money, career, sex, diplomas), yet I don't see anyone try to downplay any of them. Maybe because people are too hung up on personal success which one day might very well turn into fail and tragedy. And yes, IQ tests are far from the only way of measuring intelligence. But you may also have heard of the phrase that "some people are so poor they only have money".
Have some pride or, at least, feel some luck. Having a very high IQ does NOT mean "nothing", at least no less than having lots of money also means "nothing", since it's a matter of what you're going to do with that money, as well.
Stop apologizing. You'll find plenty of jealous haters with mediocre minds who'll do all this dirty work for you. Stand your ground.

As I said...im sure im above average...because average is....not much.

But I really just dont buy that im as far ahead of average as was implied by the various testing I did as a child.

I spent years getting hounded by two teachers then put in a free private school(my mom was a teacher there) where I was placed in an honors class and spent hours on riddles and logic problems, learning history from a woman I feel may be the smartest person I ever met, and doing whatever the hell I wanted as long as it was productive. I had stacks of old nature magazines all over my room in boxes the school would just give any of us who wanted them. I read volumes of encyclopedias the school gave us(bought new ones) to pass the time. I was in weekend and summer programs with my moms bosses Sri Lankan kids learning about Vivaldi and doing quiz bowls.

I got a head start on the kind of thinking I suspect the tests try to measure.

If I were born to a crackhead and never learned to read until school taught me id be a totally different person. I remember starting public school and being blown away by the bullshit they had me doing. Kids being taught what the X meant in an algebra problem and im sitting there incredulous because I learned such things so long ago I didnt even remember being taught it(kinda how you know your ABCs...but dont remember learning them).

Ive had people(mostly...people id call average..and sadly its mostly black people) fawning over me since I was 3 because I "talk smart". I speak the way I was forced to and it makes a good impression on people expecting to hear something else from a black male from where im from.

But it didnt come from nowhere.

If more average children had my upbringing they would probably seem above average....

Bandito
07-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Everyone is posting bullshit scores, but my actual score, which I received after taking the test when I was five years old, was a 147.

IQ is such bullshit, though. I've met people with higher IQ's who are dumber than me, and people with lower scores than are smarter. There are so many other factors that come in to play that applying one test and one number to describe someone's intelligence is ridiculous.
I think the same thing too. I don't really believe in IQ testing or standardized tests in general.

BTW...When I was like 10 or 11 years old I tested 97 :lol

Myth
07-23-2013, 07:38 PM
I think the same thing too. I don't really believe in IQ testing or standardized tests in general.

BTW...When I was like 10 or 11 years old I tested 97 :lol

Not sure why you :lol. That makes you average for your age group.

Bandito
07-23-2013, 07:43 PM
So you want evidence that he's making a video game, not that his IQ is 182?

I don't even know where my high school diploma or SS card is. Do you think I have the test as prove? If I find them I will post it here, heck I will PM you so you know I am not bullshitting people here. I don't have to lie about stuff I didn't do here. Is not like you will ever find me or meet me in real life.

FatComputerNerd
07-23-2013, 07:43 PM
I was tested as a child and scored 133.

I'm guessing it would be lower now after years of killing brain cells. :oldlol:

:cheers:

Bandito
07-23-2013, 07:45 PM
Not sure why you :lol. That makes you average for your age group.
I like that smiley too much. When I posted in forums in the beginning I use to spam those smilies. :lol

Bandito
07-23-2013, 07:46 PM
I was tested as a child and scored 133.

I'm guessing it would be lower now after years of killing brain cells. :oldlol:

I wonder how high or low mine is after 10 years!

9erempiree
07-23-2013, 07:50 PM
I took placement tests when i left private school for public and i was allegedly high school level at 8. Not that that's saying anything IQ related.

I did take an IQ test as a kid at some learning center and my mom was told it was high but this was 25 years ago. I don't remember the number our if we even got one. I do remember being told I qualified for whatever it'd was my mom wanted me to get accepted for.

I think you had to be in the top 3 percent or something. But i don't believe in IQ tests really.

I know I'm smarter than average. But i suspect id do better on a test than a lot of people I'm not smarter than. My mom and grandmother are teachers. I test better than i suspect id do otherwise though id be no less intelligent.

A lot of it is upbringing.

If I'm raised in a fishing village and given the same test I'm sure id do worse. I wouldn't even care if i did well.

But as i am it would be a matter of pride. Id apply myself much more.

Plenty of idiots would sound intelligent raised to worry about enunciation and how strangers perceived them on first impression.

I'm as much a product of upbringing as anything natural.

They lied to you about your score.

miller-time
07-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Am I crazy or is everyone here for some inexplicable reason being given IQ tests when they were children? Generally these tests are used to detect learning disorders not look for prodigies. Who has the time and money to pay for all of these kids to be tested?

Myth
07-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Am I crazy or is everyone here for some inexplicable reason being given IQ tests when they were children? Generally these tests are used to detect learning disorders not look for prodigies. Who has the time and money to pay for all of these kids to be tested?

Exactly.

Nanners
07-23-2013, 08:53 PM
im suprised there are not one or two people who can match my score, which is regularly over 500. you would think there are some really smart posters around here when you read some threads, but it looks like most people only have a peasantlike score of ~150

gigantes
07-23-2013, 08:55 PM
As we know, IQ tests may not be the best indicators of intelligence that we could have, but having said that:

1) IQ tests are in general becoming increasingly complex, so that they measure multiple facets of intelligence. And, while not perfect, they are better at measuring intelligence than "career", "money", "fame", "sex received", etc. Intelligence and success are different, with the first, imo, basically being someone's capacity of thinking correctly. After all, people prefer using the "street smarts" phrase in order to approach the success factor.

2) Not all IQ tests are equally reliable. Not even all online IQ tests are equally (un)reliable, as some people claim. To be honest, I'll take some online tests over, say, the test of Mansa easily. Although I've never taken the Mensa test, I have a hard time taking seriously an IQ test that lasts only 20 minutes (for 45 questions) and, as far as I've heard, basically tests only 1 type of intelligence (if this is wrong, I want to hear the truth), even if this type is considered culturally unbiased.
Some other online tests, however, think too much of themselves and are probably overrated by 15+ points.

3) An above average intelligence person who's made IQ test solving a habbit will probably have his IQ exaggerated due to developing thinking strategies once he's somewhat caught up with the authors' way of thinking. So, their 10th IQ testing score will likely be higher than their 1st. Let's be honest, creative imagination based on logic does have limits. Sure, they are incredibly high and nobody has approached them, but they do exist somewhere.
The good thing is, lots of people can boost their scores by also changing their line of thinking. Some, though, are more capable than others.

4) EQ (emotional quotient) is often considered more important than IQ. This is partially true and partially false. EQ is more important if you want a solid interpersonal development in a society which has an average IQ of 100. IQ is more important for the advancement of humanity.

good points. i think this is the kind of stuff we all have to realise over time to put the situation in to fuller perspective.

throwing around IQ scores without giving the parameters is pretty much meaningless. either you took the stanford - binet / the wechsler II / other standardised, peer-reviewed test designed by researchers, or you took something else. if so, then what's the test? who designed it? if online, what's the URL?... would be pertinent questions.

for one thing, scores are not equivalent across tests. a median score of 100 on one test might score as 110 or more on another test.

IIRC, the japanese have the highest avg IQ of all peoples at 110 on the W2 and equivalents. americans about 98 - 100 on that scale i believe.

http://www.joshgreenhut.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Normal-Distribution.png

IQ score distribution is pretty much on a bell curve, as with many such things. upon getting your score back, the very first thing you should find out is your relevant percentile.

it's "mensa."

EQ is more important than IQ in my experience. i find that people with high EQ are virtually set for life. they can almost do no wrong, and no matter what idiotic situation they've gotten themselves in to, their built-in support system (see dunning - kruger effect) and relatability to others will always, always extend helpful hands to them. by contrast, a person with high IQ and low EQ seems to make for a pretty bumpy, lonely ride through life.

if you have imbalances in these areas, i think the goal should be to work out compromises, strategies and coping-methods. work to heal your weaknesses (wherever they may lie). build them up where possible... know yourself... find a better balance between the different parts of yourself... and become a better person, both for your own benefit, the people you care about, and the world at large.

http://img.izismile.com//img/img6/20130328/1000/astonishing_facts_about_the_universe_36.jpg

my 2

HarryCallahan
07-23-2013, 09:10 PM
I don't even know where my high school diploma or SS card is. Do you think I have the test as prove? If I find them I will post it here, heck I will PM you so you know I am not bullshitting people here. I don't have to lie about stuff I didn't do here. Is not like you will ever find me or meet me in real life.

Dude, I really don't care, it's just far more believable that you'd be programming a video game than have a higher IQ than Einstein.

Bandito
07-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Dude, I really don't care, it's just far more believable that you'd be programming a video game than have a higher IQ than Einstein.

Well there is a chance I lucked out when I got that score too. Again I am not a genius at all. I am smarter than the average man when it comes to math but I not good at talking (trash talk, flirting) and I am not good when it comes to writing poems or artistic writing at all. I don't get art, but I get math!

Jailblazers7
07-23-2013, 09:39 PM

I think we were given an IQ like test in my elementary school and the resulys were sent to our parents. I think it was to find potential learning disorders or set expectations for a child's development. I could be wrong tho considering im try to remember something from 10-15 years ago.

HarryCallahan
07-23-2013, 09:42 PM

Well there is a chance I lucked out when I got that score too. Again I am not a genius at all. I am smarter than the average man when it comes to math but I not good at talking (trash talk, flirting) and I am not good when it comes to writing poems or artistic writing at all. I don't get art, but I get math!

Wait, you're Puerto Rican right? And you're good at math...?

Bandito
07-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Wait, you're Puerto Rican right? And you're good at math...
There are a lot of Puerto Ricans that are good at math. Just check the NASA staff:lol

When it comes to engineering we are at the top of the world too. Just because USA has shitty schools doesn't mean Puerto Rico is just as bad!:roll:

miller-time
07-23-2013, 09:58 PM
I think we were given an IQ like test in my elementary school and the resulys were sent to our parents. I think it was to find potential learning disorders or set expectations for a child's development. I could be wrong tho considering im try to remember something from 10-15 years ago.

Do you remember the test? Was it a one on one test or was it given to a large group at one time?

Jailblazers7
07-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Do you remember the test? Was it a one on one test or was it given to a large group at one time?

Don't remember the specific test but I'm pretty sure the entire class took it at the same time.

rufuspaul
07-23-2013, 10:56 PM
I hope all of you realize that posting scores is worthless without also posting what test you took. :hammerhead:

I was 11. How the hell do I know what the **** test I took? All I know is that my parents got a letter saying my IQ was 128.

Peteballa
07-24-2013, 10:38 AM

The program at my school that my parents wanted to put me in had a minimum requirement of a 125 IQ.

Take Your Lumps
07-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Everyone on ISH is an intellectual prodigy. Also, we all have huge penises.

PistonsFan#21
07-24-2013, 10:56 AM
someone should find a ''reliable'' IQ test online that we can all pass and compare the results. Something that wouldnt take too long.

gigantes
10-06-2013, 03:13 AM
someone should find a ''reliable'' IQ test online that we can all pass and compare the results. Something that wouldnt take too long.
if you're going to go to that trouble, you should make sure it's in accord with the wechsler II and stanford-binet. because then the results would be useful outside of ISH.

tomtucker
10-06-2013, 03:16 AM

where can you find the best one online ?

kNIOKAS
10-06-2013, 07:21 AM
I suppose the one would be something from "which figure follows next" series. Those excercises are universal and fairly descriptive... Anything else online might not be a professional tool and have countless flaws in them. I mean if you can get them free it's probably not a real tool.

Swaggin916
10-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Apparently the average for Americans is 98 - http://www.statisticbrain.com/countries-with-the-highest-lowest-average-iq/

I don't know my IQ but I would be willing to bet I'm probably slightly above average with like 100-110 IQ. Mental intelligence isn't my strength, it's definitely physical intelligence... but my IQ is definitely higher today than it was when I was in High School (age 25 now).

I'd be willing to bet most of the posters here have slightly above IQ's as well. Most of us are probably fairly well off and raised in similar environments which has a lot to do with IQ scores.

JEFFERSON MONEY
10-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Who saw the movie Prisoners?

Why did they keep saying that Alex who had a 10 year IQ and henceforth could not ride the RV or answer basic questions? What teh fuuk.

Last tiem I fukking checked a motor skill is a motor skill and its fairly easy to learn.

Fukkin 5 year olds are competently playing Gran Turismo 3.

Surely they can translate that sh!t into real life autmobiles.

shlver
10-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Iq tests were designed to identify cognitive deficiencies. Scores for people that are average or above average have no meaningful conclusion except that they are proficient with the skills required for that specific iq test.

DirkNowitzki41
10-07-2013, 01:29 PM

Bless Mathews
10-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Anyone that typed 135 and above is full of shit.

Is He Ill
10-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Everyone on ISH is an intellectual prodigy. Also, we all have huge penises.

:applause:

Trollsmasher
10-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Somewhere around 140-145, but it has been a long time. I have a certificate somewhere. I am quite sure I got dumber though.

DonDadda59
10-08-2013, 06:52 PM
http://media.heavy.com/media/2013/05/damn.jpg

Myth
10-08-2013, 06:57 PM
My IQ is infinity plus 1.

lpublic_enemyl
10-08-2013, 09:10 PM

miller-time
10-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Iq tests were designed to identify cognitive deficiencies. Scores for people that are average or above average have no meaningful conclusion except that they are proficient with the skills required for that specific iq test.

But the test is made up of a number of sub-tests that measure a fairly broad range of abilities. Obviously no test is going to measure every facet of human cognitive ability, but the IQ test is reasonably broad in terms of what it is measuring. A "specific IQ test" isn't just a few memory and comprehension questions. And part of the purpose of having a lot of sub-tests is that even if someone is proficient at one or even several sub-tests they won't be proficient at all of them (on average).

The important bit isn't the throwaway line "IQ tests only measures how well someone can do on an IQ test" because they do provide us with more information than that - even at the high end. But rather that a score on an IQ test does not necessarily tell you everything you need to know about that person's current or future ability or situation. An IQ test should be used alongside other measures and records.

code green
10-08-2013, 10:43 PM
I was told by my guidance counselor in high school that our entrance exam was based on an IQ test, and I scored a 128. Now, he was telling me this because I was underachieving, so who knows if it was true or bullshit? I took one that seemed legit online a couple of years ago and got a 125, so it might've been true.

OldSkoolball#52
10-08-2013, 10:55 PM
I had some behavioral issues as a child and my parents took me to this shrink lady and she gave me an IQ test.

She scored it right in front of us. Then she got this weird look on her face as she wrote down my score on the paper. I strained forward and I could see the score.

She went really pale. I looked at her and smiled. She got up and ran straight through the window from the 15th floor.

:confusedshrug:

JEFFERSON MONEY
10-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Instead of IQ, hwo about you guys give yourself a self-evaluation on these:

Musical - rhythmic & harmonic[edit]

Further information: Auditory learning
This area has to do with sensitivity to sounds, rhythms, tones, and music. People with a high musical intelligence normally have good pitch and may even have absolute pitch, and are able to sing, play musical instruments, and compose music. Since there is a strong auditory component to this intelligence, those who are strongest in it may learn best via lecture. They will sometimes use songs or rhythms to learn. They have sensitivity to rhythm, pitch, meter, tone, melody or timbre.[4][5]
Visual - spatial[edit]

Main article: Spatial intelligence (psychology)
This area deals with spatial judgment and the ability to visualize with the mind's eye. Spatial ability is one of the three factors beneath g in the hierarchical model of intelligence.[5]
Verbal - linguistic[edit]

Main article: Reading education
People with high verbal-linguistic intelligence display a facility with words and languages. They are typically good at reading, writing, telling stories and memorizing words along with dates.[5] Verbal ability is one of the most g-loaded abilities.[6] This type of intelligence is associated with the Verbal IQ in WAIS-III.
Logical - mathematical[edit]

Main article: Mathematics education
This area has to do with logic, abstractions, reasoning, numbers and critical thinking.[5] This also has to do with having the capacity to understand the underlying principles of some kind of causal system.[4] Logical reasoning is closely linked to fluid intelligence and to general intelligence (g factor).[7]
Bodily - kinesthetic[edit]

Main article: Psychomotor learning
The core elements of the bodily-kinesthetic intelligence are control of one's bodily motions and the capacity to handle objects skillfully.[5] Gardner elaborates to say that this also includes a sense of timing, a clear sense of the goal of a physical action, along with the ability to train responses.
People who have bodily-kinesthetic intelligence should learn better by involving muscular movement (e.g. getting up and moving around into the learning experience), and be generally good at physical activities such as sports, dance, acting, and making things.
Gardner believes that careers that suit those with this intelligence include: athletes, dancers, musicians, actors, builders, police officers, and soldiers. Although these careers can be duplicated through virtual simulation, they will not produce the actual physical learning that is needed in this intelligence.[8]
Interpersonal[edit]

Main article: Social studies
This area has to do with interaction with others.[5] In theory, individuals who have high interpersonal intelligence are characterized by their sensitivity to others' moods, feelings, temperaments and motivations, and their ability to cooperate in order to work as part of a group. According to Gardner in How Are Kids Smart: Multiple Intelligences in the Classroom, "Inter- and Intra- personal intelligence is often misunderstood with being extroverted or liking other people..."[9] Those with this intelligence communicate effectively and empathize easily with others, and may be either leaders or followers. They typically learn best by working with others and often enjoy discussion and debate.
Gardner believes that careers that suit those with this intelligence include sales persons, politicians, managers, teachers, counselors and social workers.[10]
Intrapersonal[edit]

Main article: Personality psychology
This area has to do with introspective and self-reflective capacities. This refers to having a deep understanding of the self; what your strengths/ weaknesses are, what makes you unique, being able to predict your own reactions/emotions. Personality refers to the pattern of thoughts, feelings, social adjustments, and behaviors consistently exhibited over time that strongly influences one's expectations, self-perceptions, values, and attitudes. It also predicts human reactions to other people, problems, and stress.[11][12] There is still no universal consensus on the definition of "personality" in psychology. Gordon Allport (1937) described two major ways to study personality: the nomothetic and the idiographic. Nomothetic psychology seeks general laws that can be applied to many different people, such as the principle of self-actualization or the trait of extraversion. Idiographic psychology is an attempt to understand the unique aspects of a particular individual.
Naturalistic[edit]

Main article: Applied science
This area has to do with nurturing and relating information to one’s natural surroundings.[5] Examples include classifying natural forms such as animal and plant species and rocks and mountain types. This ability was clearly of value in our evolutionary past as hunters, gatherers, and farmers; it continues to be central in such roles as botanist or chef.[4] In the December 15, 2004 NSTA Reports, Anne Tweed (President of the National Science Teachers Association NSTA), concluded that a variety of teaching strategies, including inquiry-based learning and direct instruction techniques are what is best for students (Tweed, 2004).[13]

We can collectively work together to boost our intellect in each area.

Think of yourself as an NBA player on nbadraft.net.. You can see that red bargraph with the ratings. Yeah yeah.

gigantes
10-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Instead of IQ, hwo about you guys give yourself a self-evaluation on these:

Musical - rhythmic & harmonic[edit]

We can collectively work together to boost our intellect in each area.

Think of yourself as an NBA player on nbadraft.net.. You can see that red bargraph with the ratings. Yeah yeah.
ah, that's great! but let me get back to you on that project since my mind is kind of elsewhere right now.

side note: i had been thinking about whether areas of talent / deficiency might show up on a CAT / PET. for example, put a person through a range of standard life situations, see which areas show elevated or subnormal activity, use our knowledge of the brain's architecture to evaluate / follow-up.

another random side note: i recently learned about proprioception, a kind of spatial sense of ourselves. quite remarkable to me that we have at least seven or more basic senses before even talking about esoterica such as ESP...

JEFFERSON MONEY
10-09-2013, 12:21 PM
My friend I beg of you give one more glance into Qigong.

It is teh proprioreception mastery

CeltsGarlic
10-09-2013, 12:22 PM

rufuspaul
10-09-2013, 12:23 PM
another random side note: i recently learned about proprioception, a kind of spatial sense of ourselves. quite remarkable to me that we have at least seven or more basic senses before even talking about esoterica such as ESP...

Proprioception is important in speech and mastication as well as other body mechanics. Close your eyes and touch your nose and you'll experience proprioception.

Anyhow, in dentistry proprioception comes from the neuroreceptors in the periodontal ligament which surrounds the roots of each tooth. When a person becomes edentulous they lose this proprioception, which makes eating, talking, etc. very difficult. They basically have to learn how to compensate for a sense that always used to be there.

Out_In_Utah
10-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Me is smart me has 139 human intelegence IQ. You is dumm you has 64 dogy IQ.

gigantes
10-09-2013, 03:47 PM
My friend I beg of you give one more glance into Qigong.

It is teh proprioreception mastery
ah, my excellent J$, sir,
i try to bring such principles in to my meditation, dance, fake kung fu, sports play and whatever kinetic and potential situations that i sense out mindfully.

i'm not very good at calm breathing, though. you had recently shared some excellent stuff about your work with breath, and i wanted to spend time following / testing... and... i never did.

i'm in a little bit of a crisis right now, but i *do* want to followup. :S

Proprioception is important in speech and mastication as well as other body mechanics. Close your eyes and touch your nose and you'll experience proprioception.

Anyhow, in dentistry proprioception comes from the neuroreceptors in the periodontal ligament which surrounds the roots of each tooth. When a person becomes edentulous they lose this proprioception, which makes eating, talking, etc. very difficult. They basically have to learn how to compensate for a sense that always used to be there.
you know i had a vicious book, rich with rufus-zingers, half written... even as i danced around with my eyes closed, waved my arms, bobbed my head, and challenged myself to suddenly stop on a dime and touch my nose.

well, well... no matter which finger i chose, it just magically zoomed on to my nose... even as i said each time "rufuspaul is an a-hole."

anyway, speaking of edentation (sp?), i've always liked popeye the sailor. a good buddy lost all his teeth by his early 30's, got dentures, never looked back, drinks 3L of coke a day, and meanwhile i'm left managing tea-stained teeth, mild gum disease, garlic-breath and a bit of that shitty-breath fungus.

so, yea... my buddy can kiss my ass to make up for my burning envy. :(

http://www.4thringroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/untooned-real-life-popeye-490x362.jpg

Swaggin916
10-09-2013, 04:02 PM
J$ it would seem as though via brain tests one could see how much activity is going on with all those different types of intelligence and therefore determine which a person is most intelligent at. How much different is that then just pleasure receptors though? I love music and sports and am not a fan of puzzles or math therefore I would assume I would have a lot more brain activity when listening to music or playing sports. Would the fact that I find more pleasure in those be related to me having more intelligence in those areas though? Or just a preference? Could that be determined?

Sorry I am sure you don't have all the answers but that is just interesting to me. What gives one pleasure vs. naturally gifted.

secund2nun
10-09-2013, 04:10 PM
I took it here: http://www.iqtest.com/

I got a 136. But IQ has nothing to do with intelligence.

gigantes
10-09-2013, 04:19 PM
J$ it would seem as though via brain tests one could see how much activity is going on with all those different types of intelligence and therefore determine which a person is most intelligent at. How much different is that then just pleasure receptors though? I love music and sports and am not a fan of puzzles or math therefore I would assume I would have a lot more brain activity when listening to music or playing sports. Would the fact that I find more pleasure in those be related to me having more intelligence in those areas though? Or just a preference? Could that be determined?

Sorry I am sure you don't have all the answers but that is just interesting to me. What gives one pleasure vs. naturally gifted.
swaggin, you have got to be shitting me that standardised IQ-testing found you relatively average in result.

Swaggin916
10-09-2013, 09:53 PM
I don't know what my IQ is or was but that is just me guessing. It could be higher I don't know. I am a curious guy. I ask a lot of questions and research a ton of stuff (usually in waves). I wasn't always this way though and although I am likely more well versed than most people my age, in terms of of intelligence and capability, I think I am fairly average. I think if I was more extroverted and outgoing, then I probably wouldn't spend as much time as I do by myself learning/thinking about things. I would say if I had any real advantage over others (and disadvantage... it's a double edged sword), it's my obsessive personality. Channeled correctly, it can be very advantageous.

gigantes
10-10-2013, 12:22 AM
ah, i feel that... i feel that. :cheers:

Hoodlum Science
10-10-2013, 12:43 AM
I'm so sick of this thread/topic and specific/exact question. This one seems to come up about once every other year or so here in the OTC, and obviously, yet ironically, it seems the average poster here at ISH is either above or significantly above average intellect not to mention they're accompanied by X number of those who fall into the genius category.

It's seriously some sad, sad shit. Amazing how many individuals will lie about their overall level of supposed intellect. Honestly, how many of us here can truly be geniuses? Honestly, how many of us can legitimately be well above average intellect? Isn't it rather odd few of us honestly add their truthful post about being average or very slightly above or slightly below average where roughly 85+% of the national/world population falls?

IMO, there's nothing more pathetic than a bunch of RL losers who lie, tell fibs and pretend ON A ****ING MESSAGE BOARD they're more intelligent than most. I mean, got damn folks, really? How ****ing embarrassing. Who do you really think you're fooling?

Are there some legitimate super-smart dudes here? I'm sure there are. Many of us perhaps even above normal level intelligence, but there's just no way in hell 95% of us are well above average intelligence SO PLEASE JUST STOP WITH THE BULLSHIT, PLEASE ... you all embarrass us overall as a message board when 95% of us claim we're of heightened intelligence.

:coleman:

Sorry to have to call you assholes out like that, but got damn, just stop with the bullshit. It's beyond pathetic.

Hoodlum Science
10-10-2013, 12:49 AM

I rest my case, and way too many more that follow I could (or should) quote to simply prove my point. So damn pathetic.

OldSkoolball#52
10-10-2013, 12:53 AM
I'm so sick of this thread/topic and specific/exact question. This one seems to come up about once every other year or so here in the OTC, and obviously, yet ironically, it seems the average poster here at ISH is either above or significantly above average intellect not to mention they're accompanied by X number of those who fall into the genius category.

It's seriously some sad, sad shit. Amazing how many individuals will lie about their overall level of supposed intellect. Honestly, how many of us here can truly be geniuses? Honestly, how many of us can legitimately be well above average intellect? Isn't it rather odd few of us honestly add their truthful post about being average or very slightly above or slightly below average where roughly 85+% of the national/world population falls?

IMO, there's nothing more pathetic than a bunch of RL losers who lie, tell fibs and pretend ON A ****ING MESSAGE BOARD they're more intelligent than most. I mean, got damn folks, really? How ****ing embarrassing. Who do you really think you're fooling?

Are there some legitimate super-smart dudes here? I'm sure there are. Many of us perhaps even above normal level intelligence, but there's just no way in hell 95% of us are well above average intelligence SO PLEASE JUST STOP WITH THE BULLSHIT, PLEASE ... you all embarrass us overall as a message board when 95% of us claim we're of heightened intelligence.

Sorry to have to call you assholes out like that, but got damn, just stop with the bullshit. It's beyond pathetic.

Is it possible people are lyin in this thread, sure. But its also natural that the people with the highest scores are gonna be the ones who answer OPs question. You dont come into this thread expectin to see GOBB tellin everyone he has a 93 IQ. Just doesnt happen that way.

This is a site with thousands of members. It shouldnt be surprising that at least a couple dozen have high IQs and are all too happy to declare as much.

Hoodlum Science
10-10-2013, 01:01 AM
Is it possible people are lyin in this thread, sure. But its also natural that the people with the highest scores are gonna be the ones who answer OPs question. You dont come into this thread expectin to see GOBB tellin everyone he has a 93 IQ. Just doesnt happen that way.

This is a site with thousands of members. It shouldnt be surprising that at least a couple dozen have high IQs and are all too happy to declare as much.

No. More like I'd bet my life that if a sure-shot IQ test were administered, most of those who posted well above average intellect scores would fall WAY SHORT of whatever they posted. Bank that.

This IS a site with thousands of members, and unfortunately many of them have posted their supposed bullshit damn near or at genius level scores (and no telling how many more would follow if I hadn't put a stop to it), and I'm sorry, it's fool's gold if you're buyin'. Pure and simple.

LOL @ the "it's possible" those who answer the OP's ? are telling the truth. No, I'm sorry, but the vast majority of those who answer the OP's question are attempting to score some e-rep with fake wish-they-had-in RL IQ scores. The one thing weak, pathetic losers (especially here at ISH) will lie about online (besides how much ***** and the quality of such) is their intellect superiority to others. This is simply fact.

I read all three pages and I'm not going to lie - I cringed, and I cringed again (and again). Someone had to put an end to this shit before it got out of control.

miller-time
10-10-2013, 02:06 AM

Maybe posting IQ scores is like taking dick pictures, only the people that have a good one show it off. How many members are not posting their score or don't even know it? Maybe only the members that have been tested and have scored highly are replying. I don't believe that in all cases, there are most likely liars on here, but it is possible that a few are flaunting it.

Hoodlum Science
10-10-2013, 02:11 AM
Maybe posting IQ scores is like taking dick pictures, only the people that have a good one show it off. How many members are not posting their score or don't even know it? Maybe only the members that have been tested and have scored highly are replying. I don't believe that in all cases, there are most likely liars on here, but it is possible that a few are flaunting it.

That's what I'm saying, MOST are lying. I never said EVERYONE IS LYING, just MOST everyone.

miller-time
10-10-2013, 04:03 AM
That's what I'm saying, MOST are lying. I never said EVERYONE IS LYING, just MOST everyone.

If you go back through not that many people answered and at least half of those who did were either trolling or not answering seriously.

Myth
10-10-2013, 12:53 PM

Although it is rare that people with high IQs are tested. IQ tests are more commonly done to see if somebody has cognitive disabilities, not to give somebody bragging rights. Also, it makes sense for those with high IQs to post if they did actually know their scores for some reason, but the number of posters posting genious IQ numbers significantly higher than 2 standard deviations above average is simply not believable. Sticking with your dick pic analogy, it would make sense for only the posters with ***** bigger than 6 inches to post while the posters with ***** under 6 avoid the thread, but this is like having 10 regular posters claim to have 12 inch or bigger *****. I'm calling a majority of the posters with those super high numbers liars.

JEFFERSON MONEY
10-10-2013, 01:04 PM

No. More like I'd bet my life that if a sure-shot IQ test were administered, most of those who posted well above average intellect scores would fall WAY SHORT of whatever they posted. Bank that.

This IS a site with thousands of members, and unfortunately many of them have posted their supposed bullshit damn near or at genius level scores (and no telling how many more would follow if I hadn't put a stop to it), and I'm sorry, it's fool's gold if you're buyin'. Pure and simple.

LOL @ the "it's possible" those who answer the OP's ? are telling the truth. No, I'm sorry, but the vast majority of those who answer the OP's question are attempting to score some e-rep with fake wish-they-had-in RL IQ scores. The one thing weak, pathetic losers (especially here at ISH) will lie about online (besides how much ***** and the quality of such) is their intellect superiority to others. This is simply fact.

I read all three pages and I'm not going to lie - I cringed, and I cringed again (and again). Someone had to put an end to this shit before it got out of control.

Tell me about it Josh; intellectual superiority has to be THE. BIGGEST. TURN. OFF. ever. Very very cringey.

I prefer the company of creative funny people far more nowadays lol

gigantes
10-10-2013, 01:06 PM
note: it is not rare for people to be administered IQ tests. it is SOP at elementary schools in the states, seemingly. the purpose is to find kids who are better directed to gifted programs and special learning programs.

all part of the educational process.

i think a good way to test the liar-liar theory would be to run a poll. we know what the results should be. saint jeffery has polls turned off here, but a 3rd-party site could work.

tomtucker
10-10-2013, 01:18 PM
i got a 104 at a mensa test........i don

miller-time
10-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Although it is rare that people with high IQs are tested. IQ tests are more commonly done to see if somebody has cognitive disabilities, not to give somebody bragging rights. Also, it makes sense for those with high IQs to post if they did actually know their scores for some reason, but the number of posters posting genious IQ numbers significantly higher than 2 standard deviations above average is simply not believable. Sticking with your dick pic analogy, it would make sense for only the posters with ***** bigger than 6 inches to post while the posters with ***** under 6 avoid the thread, but this is like having 10 regular posters claim to have 12 inch or bigger *****. I'm calling a majority of the posters with those super high numbers liars.

If you go back through the thread not that many people posted IQ scores and of those that did at least half are obvious jokes or trolls. I mean are we really taking Budadiiii's 165 as a legit submission? Of the few that seem credible you could probably split it 50/50 I'd say. Which leaves like 2 with IQ > 130 scores.

Myth
10-10-2013, 07:31 PM
note: it is not rare for people to be administered IQ tests. it is SOP at elementary schools in the states, seemingly. the purpose is to find kids who are better directed to gifted programs and special learning programs.

It is pretty rare for adults to be tested though. The exception is adults looking for disability accommodations.

If you go back through the thread not that many people posted IQ scores and of those that did at least half are obvious jokes or trolls. I mean are we really taking Budadiiii's 165 as a legit submission? Of the few that seem credible you could probably split it 50/50 I'd say. Which leaves like 2 with IQ > 130 scores.

My point was that these are not real IQ scores of the posters :confusedshrug:

miller-time
10-10-2013, 08:02 PM
My point was that these are not real IQ scores of the posters :confusedshrug:

Lol, I didn't even take it into consideration. It is so outlandish and from such a ridiculous poster that paying it mind seems pointless.

gigantes
10-10-2013, 11:52 PM
It is pretty rare for adults to be tested though. The exception is adults looking for disability accommodations.
and those undergoing psychiatric treatment. and those looking to join certain societies. and those undergoing indy analysis of learning disabilities with no particular intent for govt disability status.

i guess my point is, i think "uncommon" would be a better word than "rare" if we

miller-time
10-11-2013, 12:50 AM
and those undergoing psychiatric treatment. and those looking to join certain societies. and those undergoing indy analysis of learning disabilities with no particular intent for govt disability status.

i guess my point is, i think "uncommon" would be a better word than "rare" if we’re taliking about adults... and "ordinary" would be a word for kids.

Adults can also be tested for certain jobs (some jobs actually require a battery of tests like personality tests and specific ability tests too).

Uncommon and rare are synonyms, I don't think it really matters which word you use. It is also pretty rare for kids to be measured too, but probably not as rare as adults. Maybe it is different in the US but in Australia it is still fairly uncommon for a kid to be given an IQ test.

Dresta
10-11-2013, 01:06 AM
Don't know, don't care.

gigantes
10-11-2013, 02:06 AM
Adults can also be tested for certain jobs (some jobs actually require a battery of tests like personality tests and specific ability tests too).
you know, that did cross my mind, but i thought an IQ test as part of a job req did sound pretty rare indeed. i think myth would be right on about that one.

Uncommon and rare are synonyms, I don't think it really matters which word you use. It is also pretty rare for kids to be measured too, but probably not as rare as adults. Maybe it is different in the US but in Australia it is still fairly uncommon for a kid to be given an IQ test.
ah, well i like to strive for accuracy in certain matters, and i see plenty of difference in the two words, which is why i came up with the examples of variance that i did. to each their own, though.

so in oz, what means are used to identify both gifted and special kids? parents would naturally have a large stake in that.

in the US, i'm not sure of the exact figure, but it seems to me that most states give kids IQ tests around age nine - ten.

miller-time
10-11-2013, 02:32 AM
you know, that did cross my mind, but i thought an IQ test as part of a job req did sound pretty rare indeed. i think myth would be right on about that one.

I'm not sure how often it happens, but it does happen. I just finished my undergrad psych degree a few months ago and the last course I did was on administering the WAIS-IV. It was mentioned several times that people going into organizational psychology would most likely being administering this test at some point in their career to potential employees (and the likelihood is going up due to the increasingly competitive job market).

ah, well i like to strive for accuracy in certain matters, and i see plenty of difference in the two words, which is why i came up with the examples of variance that i did. to each their own, though.

so in oz, what means are used to identify both gifted and special kids? parents would naturally have a large stake in that.

in the US, i'm not sure of the exact figure, but it seems to me that most states give kids IQ tests around age nine - ten.

Actually I am not too sure, I could be wrong. I suppose kids would have to be given some sort of test if they are suspected of being highly gifted. However we do have selective high schools that require placement tests for entrance. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_school_%28New_South_Wales%29

But for extremely gifted kids I guess they would be given tests at younger ages as you said. But I haven't seen or heard much about them either academically or anecdotaly.