PDA

View Full Version : Is current Kevin Durant better than Kobe ever was?

Electric Slide
07-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Discuss.

dbk123
07-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Yes. Even during he 11-12 season he was better

Fresh Kid
07-23-2013, 07:11 PM
:roll: http://assets.espn.go.com/sportscenter/images/FS_DURANT_AND_KOBE.jpg

Fresh Kid
07-23-2013, 07:13 PM
This was cold because durant iz kool but I had to do it because of kobe hater electric slide,blame him.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1199581/kdsad.gif

Crafty
07-23-2013, 07:16 PM
Dumb thread.

tikay0
07-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Crucify me all you want, but yes he is, sue me. :confusedshrug:

Honestly, who would you rather have on your team? The guy that's uber efficient that can play well off the ball, or the guy that's prone to chuck it up, and needs the ball in his hands?

andgar923
07-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Discuss.
:facepalm

Fresh Kid
07-23-2013, 07:18 PM
:kobe:

tikay0
07-23-2013, 07:19 PM
:kobe:

:durantunimpressed: Yeah, I said it!

K Xerxes
07-23-2013, 07:19 PM

Honestly, who would you rather have on your team? The guy that's uber efficient that can play well off the ball, or the guy that's prone to chuck it up, and needs the ball in his hands?

Uh, so you think Durant is better than LeBron right now?

O_City_Thunder
07-23-2013, 07:20 PM
:durantunimpressed:

Quizno
07-23-2013, 07:23 PM
why do people make opinion-based threads and then not post an opinion themselves??

HoopsFanNumero1
07-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Yes. Next.

tikay0
07-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Uh, so you think Durant is better than LeBron right now?

As a Bulls fan, hell yeah I'd rather Durant.

In terms of who's the better player, Lebron.

In terms of Durant vs. Kobe. My personal preference is Durant.

Clifton
07-23-2013, 07:35 PM
No way.

Kobe's passing, ballhandling, and defensive ability (not performance) all rival the all-time greats at his position. Durant equals him in scoring instinct, and perhaps ability, and shoots as well as any player ever, superstar or no (and better than Kobe).

Kobe's lack of dominance in the paint is why he can't be as good as guys like Jordan, and his inability to work with others is why he can't be as good as guys like Magic. But Durant is lacking in too many ways... vs. other all-time greats of course.

Dionysus
07-23-2013, 07:38 PM
LeBron is better than both ever was.

And This is a stupid thread. Because Durant currently is not better than Kobe was. Is is now due to Bryants age I will say.

tikay0
07-23-2013, 07:40 PM
LeBron is better than both ever was.

And This is a stupid thread. Because Durant currently is not better than Kobe was. Is is now due to Bryants age I will say.

Sorry girl, gimme a prime Kobe >>>> Lebron on my team. I want guys that aren't scared little bitches, and can actually make WIDE OPEN JUMPERS. :oldlol:

Spurs treated Lebron like a damn beta.

aj1987
07-23-2013, 07:46 PM

I would rather have the guy who won 5 rings.

tikay0
07-23-2013, 07:47 PM
I would rather have the guy who won 5 rings.

If Durant got to play with Shaq.......NVM:facepalm

in one ear and out the other with you guys.

leMVP
07-23-2013, 07:55 PM

KD still defensive liability, unlike kobe who used to play some defense.

still as an offensive threat, Durant is on his way to surpass prime kobe for sure.

The guy can easily average 30+ ppg, if he's playing alone without westbrook.

tikay0
07-23-2013, 07:59 PM

still as an offensive threat, Durant is on his way to surpass prime kobe for sure.

Durant's gotten much better on defense, and he isn't a "liability".

Electric Slide
07-23-2013, 08:00 PM
why do people make opinion-based threads and then not post an opinion themselves??
Why would I ask a question that I already know the answer to? If I knew the answer, the thread title would be, KD is better than Kobe ever was or KD isn't as good as peak Kobe yet.

leMVP
07-23-2013, 08:02 PM
Durant's gotten much better on defense, and he isn't a "liability".

Nope, Not too much imo, he's too light to guard PFs, little slow to stop Good SFs.

He isn't top 5 in his position defensively, prime kobe was there for sure.

tikay0
07-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Nope, Not too much imo, he's too light to guard PFs, little slow to stop Good SFs.

He isn't top 5 in his position defensively, prime kobe was there for sure.

Ah well, I'd still rather have him than Kobe. Durant's never hurt his team as much as you keep saying.

leMVP
07-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Ah well, I'd still rather have him than Kobe. Durant's never hurt his team as much as you keep saying.

He did quit on his team in game 5 against memphis. :rolleyes:

tikay0
07-23-2013, 08:10 PM
He did quit on his team in game 5 against memphis. :rolleyes:

Took 21 shots, lost by 4. :confusedshrug:

Are we really going down that route? Are you really trying to convince me that Durant is some scrub? Gimme Durant > Kobe. :confusedshrug:

P.S. Kobe quit on his team against the Suns.

Carbine
07-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Not yet, but if he continues his evolution as a play-maker he could be as good as Kobe.

Don't think it's realistic for Durant to be "better."

Johnny Jones
07-23-2013, 08:16 PM

The KD doesn't play any defense thought process needs to stop.

According to 82games.com, he held opposing SFs to a 10.5 PER... and averaged over a block/game.

tikay0
07-23-2013, 08:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsTaiCgtwNA

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kobe+bryant+overrated&oq=kobe+bryant+overrated&gs_l=youtube.3..0j0i5.13615.13615.0.13786.1.1.0.0. 0.0.96.96.1.1.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.42IaZ-SoJaM

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

OldSkoolball#52
07-23-2013, 08:27 PM
Yes, Durant is better than Kobe ever was in terms of impacting games in a positive ways consistently.

People want to show the elder statesman "respect" and not admit out loud hes already been passed by yet another guy besides Lebron. Im not even talking about just his stans. But the same sort of fans and media who gave Kobe his undeserved "lifetime achievement" mvp when there were younger players that year who were better. People feel guilty snubbing a guy who has already "paid his dues" (when hes really a self centered, overrated me-first/second/third chucker).

Fact is this supposed "nba legend" is already behind shaq, duncan, lebron, durant from his own era, let alone all the other guys who came before him that had greater impacts on the game than inconsistent chucking which statistically made his team more likely to lose. When OTHER players got more touches, the Lakers were far more successful. Stans wanna give him all the credit for the "rings" because they want a hero to worship. That is their submissive beta mentality. Everyone loves to create legends. Thats what Kobe is. An incredibly exaggerated legend.

Cold hard objectivity says Durant gives you a better chance to win.

Haks
07-23-2013, 08:33 PM
No ///stupid thread

The Choken One
07-23-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm just going to take a stab and say OP hasn't been watching the NBA too long. Especially after watching Durant turn into an inefficient chucked without Westbrook, I'm positive prime Kobe > Durant so far.

You'd be a dipshit to disagree with me.

Jameerthefear
07-23-2013, 08:57 PM
lol. you'd get slapped in the face if you asked this question in real life.

Jameerthefear
07-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Kobe's not the defender you guys think he is.

http://asubstituteforwar.wordpress.com/2011/05/09/kobe-bryant-the-most-overrated-defender-imaginable/

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/kobe-most-overrated-defender-ever-1954995/

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=344&t=1111498

http://www.therxforum.com/showthread.php?t=931273

What kind of shit sources are those? A wordpress article? RealGm? Are you kidding me?

tikay0
07-23-2013, 09:05 PM
What kind of shit sources are those? A wordpress article? RealGm? Are you kidding me?

It's common knowledge bro. Kobe's been the beneficiary of so many non deserving NBA all defensive awards, it's not even funny.

Fudge
07-23-2013, 09:10 PM

:roll: :roll:

What an idiot.

sportjames23
07-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Short answer: no

Long answer: no

Cali Syndicate
07-23-2013, 10:09 PM
RG is a good poster, said no one. Ever.

Boogey
07-23-2013, 10:10 PM
Come on people smh

aj1987
07-23-2013, 11:09 PM

:facepalm Kobe won 2 without Shaq.

tikay0
07-23-2013, 11:27 PM
:facepalm Kobe won 2 without Shaq.

And wtf is that supposed to mean? That team was stacked as well.

P.s. Kobe didn't do shit in the Finals against Boston.

secund2nun
07-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Easily, but Kobe is massively overrated and the media propaganda has brainwashed a lot of people which is why you will get blasted for this thread, but you speak the truth.

Durant is much better now than Kobe has ever been at any point in his career.

secund2nun
07-23-2013, 11:33 PM

And to be honest his 2009 finals wasn't that impressive either (though clearly better than his 2010 finals performance). I was more impressived with Gasol's performance in the 2009 finals than Kobe's especially considering that he was going up against Dwight Howard and of course Gasol easily had a better finals performance in 2010 than Kobe.

Kobe is a myth. Prime Kobe could not even win a playoff series in the 3 seasons he had where he did not have the best front court in the NBA. Enough said.

tikay0
07-23-2013, 11:36 PM
And to be honest his 2009 finals wasn't that impressive either (though clearly better than his 2010 finals performance). I was more impressived with Gasol's performance in the 2009 finals than Kobe's especially considering that he was going up against Dwight Howard and of course Gasol easily had a better finals performance in 2010 than Kobe.

Kobe is a myth. Prime Kobe could not even win a playoff series in the 3 seasons he had where he did not have the best front court in the NBA. Enough said.

He was a beast against the Magic, but he was terribly inefficient against the Celtics.

secund2nun
07-23-2013, 11:43 PM
He was a beast against the Magic, but he was terribly inefficient against the Celtics.

Beast he was not. This is a part of the marketing myth of Kobe.

His 2009 finals stats vs Orlando:

32.4 PPG on 27 shots per game, 43% fg, 7.4 apg, 5.6 rpg.

A 43% fg is not impressive and neither is taking 27 shots to score 32 points.

I'll take Gasol's 2009 stat line vs Orlando over Kobe's any day:

18.6 ppg on 60% fg on 12 shots per game, 9.2 rpg, 2.2 apg and he was in the paint going up against Dwight Howard while Orlando had weaklings on perimeter defense like Hedo and Rashard.

There is a reason prime Kobe could not even with a playoff series before the Gasol trade and the Bynum development.

Big men win games and titles, aside from MJ, Lebron, Magic and Bird.

aj1987
07-23-2013, 11:55 PM

Same could be said for most FMVP's. Jordan had 2 HOF'ers during hi 2nd three-peat. 2 GOAT defenders and a GOAT rebounder. Does that diminish what he has accomplished? Kobe is top 10 all time and Durant might just be another uber efficient high scoring Melo. Deal with it.

tikay0
07-23-2013, 11:57 PM
Beast he was not. This is a part of the marketing myth of Kobe.

His 2009 finals stats vs Orlando:

32.4 PPG on 27 shots per game, 43% fg, 7.4 apg, 5.6 rpg.

A 43% fg is not impressive and neither is taking 27 shots to score 32 points.

I'll take Gasol's 2009 stat line vs Orlando over Kobe's any day:

18.6 ppg on 60% fg on 12 shots per game, 9.2 rpg, 2.2 apg and he was in the paint going up against Dwight Howard while Orlando had weaklings on perimeter defense like Hedo and Rashard.

There is a reason prime Kobe could not even with a playoff series before the Gasol trade and the Bynum development.

Big men win games and titles, aside from MJ, Lebron, Magic and Bird.

Man, you can't break it down like that.

Game 1: 40 pts. on 47%
Game 2: 29 pts. on 45%
Game 3: 31 pts. on 44%
Game 4: 32 pts. on 35% (one horrible game can bring your averages down immensely.)
Game 5: 30 pts. on 43%

That's pretty damn solid to me.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 12:01 AM
Same could be said for most FMVP's. Jordan had 2 HOF'ers during hi 2nd three-peat. 2 GOAT defenders and a GOAT rebounder. Does that diminish what he has accomplished? Kobe is top 10 all time and Durant might just be another uber efficient high scoring Melo. Deal with it.

:biggums:

An uber efficient Melo is an MVP candidate every single year. :confusedshrug:

That's like saying, he might just be another uber efficient Iverson. :oldlol:

If those fools were uber efficient, they'd be getting the same recognition as KD, and being called the 2nd best player in the league on most people's lists. :confusedshrug:

secund2nun
07-24-2013, 12:05 AM
Man, you can't break it down like that.

Game 1: 40 pts. on 47%
Game 2: 29 pts. on 45%
Game 3: 31 pts. on 44%
Game 4: 32 pts. on 35% (one horrible game can bring your averages down immensely.)
Game 5: 30 pts. on 43%

That's pretty damn solid to me.

Do it game by game with shots. In 3 of the 5 games he threw up a lot of shots to not get that many points in return. And it's not like his 2 good games were uber efficient scoring, not that 2 makes up for 3 anyways.

Game 1: 40 points on 34 shots. Not good.

Game 2: 29 points on 22 shots. Good.

Game 3: 31 points on 25 shots. Not good.

Game 4: 32 points on 31 shots. Not good.

Game 5: 30 points on 23 shots. Good.

And to top it all off, Howard had his hands full in the paint against Gasol and Bynum and Orlando had weak perimeter defenders.

aj1987
07-24-2013, 12:05 AM

An uber efficient Melo is an MVP candidate every single year. :confusedshrug:

That's like saying, he might just be another uber efficient Iverson. :oldlol:
We've seen OKC get exposed without Westbrook. Durant doesn't play any defense at all. Although Kobe is an extremely overrated defender (deserved only 2 All-Defensive First Team's), he one of the better defenders at the SG position. Kobe is a better scorer, passer, and defender. The only thing that Durant has over Kobe is efficiency and rebounding.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 12:09 AM
We've seen OKC get exposed without Westbrook. Durant doesn't play any defense at all. Although Kobe is an extremely overrated defender (deserved only 2 All-Defensive First Team's), he one of the better defenders at the SG position. Kobe is a better scorer, passer, and defender. The only thing that Durant has over Kobe is efficiency and rebounding.

OKC got exposed? :oldlol:

They lost a major piece of their team and they were going up against the Grizzlies. The same team that backdoor swept the Clippers.

You're basically calling the Grizzlies some scrubs.

Let me show the scores for the games.

93-91, 93-99, 81-87, 97-103, 84-88.

That's not being exposed. That's missing a key piece in your lineup. Not only a key piece, but the 2nd best player on the team.

Oh, and LMAO @ "Durant doesn't play any defense at all."

His length is a huge advantage with his defense. Don't even try to paint Durant as a bad defender. Another poster already showed us his defensive ratings among SFs.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 12:09 AM
Do it game by game with shots. In 3 of the 5 games he threw up a lot of shots to not get that many points in return. And it's not like his 2 good games were uber efficient scoring, not that 2 makes up for 3 anyways.

Game 1: 40 points on 34 shots. Not good.

Game 2: 29 points on 22 shots. Good.

Game 3: 31 points on 25 shots. Not good.

Game 4: 32 points on 31 shots. Not good.

Game 5: 30 points on 23 shots. Good.

And to top it all off, Howard had his hands full in the paint against Gasol and Bynum and Orlando had weak perimeter defenders.

True.

Eldrunko247
07-24-2013, 12:23 AM
Joke thread. Durant is basically prime MyGrady with better teammates.

KG215
07-24-2013, 12:25 AM
Seriously, there's people that still post and believe this shit?

aj1987
07-24-2013, 12:30 AM
OKC got exposed? :oldlol:

They lost a major piece of their team and they were going up against the Grizzlies. The same team that backdoor swept the Clippers.

You're basically calling the Grizzlies some scrubs.

Let me show the scores for the games.

93-91, 93-99, 81-87, 97-103, 84-88.

That's not being exposed. That's missing a key piece in your lineup. Not only a key piece, but the 2nd best player on the team.

Oh, and LMAO @ "Durant doesn't play any defense at all."

His length is a huge advantage with his defense. Don't even try to paint Durant as a bad defender. Another poster already showed us his defensive ratings among SFs.
Are you actually being serious? Durant shot 42% and 78% from the line (shot 90% during the RS). That's called choking. The Grizzlies are pretty good offensively but they lack the offensive firepower. The Clippers suck. Not exactly impressive that the Gizz swept (backdoor) them. I watched Durant play a lot. As good as an offensive player he is, he is not a good defender.

All in all, Kobe is a better scorer, passer, defender, and has 5 titles to boot.

aj1987
07-24-2013, 12:34 AM
Seriously, there's people that still post and believe this shit?
I know that you're a Durant stan, but come on. He's the second best player in the league, but he still has to put in a lot of work (on the defensive end) to be called a good defender.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 12:35 AM
Are you actually being serious? Durant shot 42% and 78% from the line (shot 90% during the RS). That's called choking. The Grizzlies are pretty good offensively but they lack the offensive firepower. The Clippers suck. Not exactly impressive that the Gizz swept (backdoor) them. I watched Durant play a lot. As good as an offensive player he is, he is not a good defender.

All in all, Kobe is a better scorer, passer, defender, and has 5 titles to boot.

Are you actually being serious? The Grizzlies were the #1 defense in the league, and Durant was awesome in the first 3 games, and horrible in the last 2.

You're seriously gonna use that against him? No one even expected him to make it out of the 2nd round. Sorry, the Grizzlies aren't some 2nd round ECF team.

The same team that gave the Thunder hell 2 years ago with KD, Westbrook, and Harden just went up against the Thunder minus Westbrook and Harden, plus Kevin Martin. :confusedshrug:

Man, you're delusional.

aj1987
07-24-2013, 12:39 AM
Are you actually being serious? The Grizzlies were the #1 defense in the league, and Durant was awesome in the first 3 games, and horrible in the last 2.

You're seriously gonna use that against him? No one even expected him to make it out of the 2nd round. Sorry, the Grizzlies aren't some 2nd round ECF team.

The same team that gave the Thunder hell 2 years ago with KD, Westbrook, and Harden just went up against the Thunder minus Westbrook and Harden, plus Kevin Martin. :confusedshrug:

Man, you're delusional.
Did I not acknowledge that the Grizz were good defensively? They were good defensively but sucked offensively (17 in the league). Anyways, until Durant wins 4+ rings and a couple of MVP's, he not even on the same tier as Kobe.

KG215
07-24-2013, 12:40 AM
I know that you're a Durant stan, but come on. He's the second best player in the league, but he still has to put in a lot of work (on the defensive end) to be called a good defender.
Wrong, he was a good defender this year. Not a great defender, not an elite defender, but good enough to be classified as a "good" defender. This was the first year of his career, in my opinion, that he played consistently well enough on that end to qualify for "good". His main problem this year -- as is the case for most other elite perimeter scorers who shoulder a lot of offensive responsibility -- was consistent effort.

But this season was the first of his career that all the numbers (raw and advanced) AND the eye test tell you Durant was a good defender. Besides, you said, and I quote, "Durant doesn't play any defense at all." Implying he's a terrible defender and that's even further from the truth.

And yes, I'm a Durant fan, but if I were a true stan, this thread would be an extra page or two longer because I'd have 10-15 more posts saying ignorant stan-like things like "For sure" and "Easily". I don't think current Durant is better than the best version of Kobe. I think it's closer than Kobe fanboys will lead you to believe, but Durant's not better. He's also only 24 years old and has another 5+ years left in his prime barring injury. *knocks on wood

crisoner
07-24-2013, 12:41 AM
Smh the stupidity in these threads and threads like this.

When Kobe's career is over and he hangs them up...maybe then some of you less ignorant haters will give him some respect.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Oh, and let's play a little game. Here's their respective stats from age 21 to 24 in the playoffs. Mind you, Kobe has Shaq.

KD:

Age 21: 25 pts. 35% (3rd year)
Age 22: 28.6 pts. 45% (4th year)
Age 23: 28.5 pts. 51% (5th year)
Age 24: 30.8 pts. 45% (minus Westbrook) (6th year)

KOBE:

Age 21: 21.1 44% (4th year in the league) (with Shaq)
Age 22: 29.4 46% (with Shaq) (5th year)
Age 23: 26.6 43% (with Shaq) (6th year)
Age 24: 32.1 43% (with Shaq) (7th year)

kNicKz
07-24-2013, 12:44 AM

Wow willds just bodied a thread....

What is the world coming to

crisoner
07-24-2013, 12:45 AM
Oh, and let's play a little game. Here's their respective stats from age 21 to 24 in the playoffs. Mind you, Kobe has Shaq.

KD:

Age 21: 25 pts. 35% (1st year)
Age 22: 28.6 pts. 45% (2nd year)
Age 23: 28.5 pts. 51% (3rd year)
Age 24: 30.8 pts. 45% (minus Westbrook) (4th year)

KOBE:

Age 21: 21.1 44% (4th year in the league) (with Shaq)
Age 22: 29.4 46% (with Shaq) (5th year)
Age 23: 26.6 43% (with Shaq) (6th year)
Age 24: 32.1 43% (with Shaq) (7th year)

Yeah and? Shaq was the first option to feed the ball in to. Of course Durants numbers would be better. What is your point?

NumberSix
07-24-2013, 12:46 AM
No.

PickernRoller
07-24-2013, 12:47 AM
Smh the stupidity in these threads and threads like this.

When Kobe's career is over and he hangs them up...maybe then some of you less ignorant haters will give him some respect.

No they won't. Nor should you or any Laker fan care.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 12:49 AM
Yeah and? Shaq was the first option to feed the ball in to. Of course Durants numbers would be better. What is your point?

:oldlol:

Point being, he has the most dominant big man in the league that attracts triple teams for God's sake.

What kind of dumbass question is this?

And I made a clerical error in my post. KD was in his 3rd year at 21, so do the math.

deja vu
07-24-2013, 12:50 AM
No.

And I like Durant and hate Kobe.

crisoner
07-24-2013, 12:52 AM

Point being, he has the most dominant big man in the league that attracts triple teams for God's sake.

What kind of dumbass question is this?

And I made a clerical error in my post. KD was in his 3rd year at 21, so do the math.

Obviously you never watched those Lakers games.
Shaq unlike the so called great centers today beat those double teams every time.
Shaq was the first option and got a majority of the touches. What part of that can't you understand? It was a one two punch with Kobe being the second hook. Read ESPN the mags Kobe issue back then called The One.

Learn...then come back here and apologize for lacking knowledge.

secund2nun
07-24-2013, 12:54 AM

If anything because Shaq was so dominant and took up a double- triple on every play in the paint Kobe should have much more efficient stats because he faced way less coverage but he doesn't. Had Durant played with prime Shaq his fg% and apg would have increased by a decent amount.

KG215
07-24-2013, 12:54 AM
Oh, and Kobe as a "better scorer" is debatable. Durant, this year, was much more efficient than Kobe's ever been, but Kobe had a more diverse scoring arsenal and scored at a similar rate.

And before someone whines about the excessive number of FT's Durant gets, let's compare it to a similar 4-year stretch for Kobe.

From 2004-2005 to 2007-2008 Kobe averaged 9.8 FTA/game. His TS% in those seasons: .563, .569, .580, .576. He averaged 30.8 PPG

From 2009-2010 to 2012-2013 Durant averaged 9.0 FTA/game. His TS% in those seasons: .607, .589, .610, .647. He averaged 28.5 PPG.

Kobe has him beat in PPG but Durant's worst TS% is better than Kobe's best. Not saying Durant is definitively the better scorer, but it's certainly debatable depending on which side of the fence you're on. Some consider the more versatile scorer the best, and some consider the most efficient scorer the best.

Lakers2877
07-24-2013, 12:55 AM
Lol if anybody answers yes to this question I will have to remember to never again talk hoops with them

tikay0
07-24-2013, 12:57 AM
Obviously you never watched those Lakers games.
Shaq unlike the so called great centers today beat those double teams every time.
Shaq was the first option and got a majority of the touches. What part of that can't you understand? It was a one two punch with Kobe being the second hook. Read ESPN the mags Kobe issue back then called The One.

Learn...then come back here and apologize for lacking knowledge.

NO........SHIT.

Shaq beat those triples every time, and what does that mean?

Are you seriously trying to twist this to favor Kobe? :roll:

That's gonna take some genius level effort from your dumb ass.

crisoner
07-24-2013, 12:59 AM
If anything because Shaq was so dominant and took up a double- triple on every play in the paint Kobe should have much more efficient stats because he faced way less coverage but he doesn't. Had Durant played with prime Shaq his fg% and apg would have increased by a decent amount.

Kobe is the all time assist leader in the playoffs for a SG.
Stop with that BS.
And is that your argument FG%??? We know what type of player Kobe is he is a scorer just like Iverson. Stop with the agenda BS.

Point is The ball went in to Shaq who kicked it out or passed to folks cutting in the open lanes. Kobe at that point drove in creating his own shot which was needed on teams and allowed Shaq room to operate. No the triangle and strategy and give respect.

aj1987
07-24-2013, 01:00 AM
But this season was the first of his career that all the numbers (raw and advanced) AND the eye test tell you Durant was a good defender. Besides, you said, and I quote, "Durant doesn't play any defense at all." Implying he's a terrible defender and that's even further from the truth.
I did get a bit carried away (along with the KD is an uber effecient Melo). Apologies. I still think that Durant is not a good defender and I stand by it. Maybe next year he might impress me more on the defensive end. Don't get me wrong. I do like the kid. Potential to be a top 5-15 all time.

@tikay0, have fun with the Kobetards. :oldlol:

lakeshow1
07-24-2013, 01:02 AM
Dumb thread.

The OP has a limited game. Troll threads, hating, jealousy. Rinse and repeat.

Lakers2877
07-24-2013, 01:06 AM
It's common knowledge bro. Kobe's been the beneficiary of so many non deserving NBA all defensive awards, it's not even funny.
It's always funny to see arm chair, never played competitive hoops message board posters who know nothing about the game of hoops say nba coaches, who vote on the all def teams, are wrong and they're right. Whats next? are you gonna tell us you know more about 3-4 defenses than Rex Ryan and Bill Belechik? I mean how funny is that? Lol

tikay0
07-24-2013, 01:07 AM
I did get a bit carried away (along with the KD is an uber effecient Melo). Apologies. I still think that Durant is not a good defender and I stand by it. Maybe next year he might impress me more on the defensive end. Don't get me wrong. I do like the kid. Potential to be a top 5-15 all time.

Different bunch from the Lebrontards. At least you have MJ to rely on. The Kobetards gave up the MJ debates along time ago. Now i gotta use KD. Even though I still think he's the better player.

I guess I did carried away with saying KD right now is better than Kobe EVER WAS. I lost sight of that as I was debating with folks. I kinda went from the standpoint of who would I rather have, and KD's potential and room to grow.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 01:08 AM
It's always funny to see arm chair, never played competitive hoops message board posters who know nothing about the game of hoops say nba coaches, who vote on the all def teams, are wrong and they're right. Whats next? are you gonna tell us you know about 3-4 defenses than Rex Ryan and Bill Belechik? I mean how funny is that? Lol

Armchair, never played basketball? :oldlol:

Kobe has been known to be a very overrated defender for years. This is NOTHING new.

Lakers2877
07-24-2013, 01:09 AM

He's not a horrible defender or anything. But he'll probably never be an elite, all nba defender. Kobe was a beast defensively the first 12-13 years of his career. His defense during the 3 peat was awesome

Lakers2877
07-24-2013, 01:12 AM
Armchair, never played basketball? :oldlol:

Kobe has been known to be a very overrated defender for years. This is NOTHING new.
Yes arm chair. Ok, you play pickup hoops at the park so you know more about defense than Greg Popvich. My bad lol

aj1987
07-24-2013, 01:14 AM
Kobe was a beast defensively the first 12-13 years of his career. His defense during the 3 peat was awesome
As much as I love Kobe, I have to disagree with this. Kobe used to beast during stretches, but he was never consistently amazing, except for a year or two. He definitely did not deserve 9 All-Defensive First Teams.
Read this:
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/5/24/3040269/nba-all-defensive-team-2012-coaches-vote

tikay0
07-24-2013, 01:15 AM
Yes arm chair. Ok, you play pickup hoops at the park so you know more about defense than Greg Popvich. My bad lol

Yeah, that's exactly how my posts come off. :oldlol:

Man, someone's mad that I'm exposing his idol as an overrated defender.

I'm sorry Mr. couldn't make the JV squad because you were too short.

secund2nun
07-24-2013, 01:33 AM
Kobe is the all time assist leader in the playoffs for a SG.
Stop with that BS.
And is that your argument FG%??? We know what type of player Kobe is he is a scorer just like Iverson. Stop with the agenda BS.

Point is The ball went in to Shaq who kicked it out or passed to folks cutting in the open lanes. Kobe at that point drove in creating his own shot which was needed on teams and allowed Shaq room to operate. No the triangle and strategy and give respect.

He is the all time leader in assists for a SG because he played in an offense that basically had no PG. Also being the all time leader in apg for a SG isn't some huge honor. SG generally don't get much assists. Plus he played with prime Shaq, prime Gasol, and Bynum. It's not hard to throw a pass to Shaq or Gasol and watch them score.

FG%, efficiency, overall playoff performance . It's the facts but Kobe fans don't like to hear them.

All I am saying is that Kobe is massively overrated. I am not saying he is a bad player, but just that he is extremely overrated. Shaq made room to operate , peak Shaq was the GOAT player. He dominated everyone and made room for Kobe.

chazzy
07-24-2013, 01:37 AM
I like how tikay0 was just saying how Durant is a product of the refs not too long ago.. another tazb-esque flop flop? :lol

Shaq made room to operate , peak Shaq was the GOAT player. He dominated everyone and made room for Kobe.
Yeah, if Kobe was surrounded by role players he would look pretty average without all that room

La Frescobaldi
07-24-2013, 01:42 AM
I'd rather have Kobe#8 on my squad. Those first years of the new millennium Bryant's defense at times was best in the League and his offense was ethereal.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 01:50 AM
I like how tikay0 was just saying how Durant is a product of the refs not too long ago.. another tazb-esque flop flop? :lol

Yeah, if Kobe was surrounded by role players he would look pretty average without all that room

When? :confusedshrug:

You act like I'm trolling. You guys are getting butt hurt because I'm picking Durant over Kobe. :confusedshrug:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

ihatetimthomas
07-24-2013, 02:37 AM
People who say Durant probably are too young to have seen prime Kobe or are just Kobe haters. Kobe definitely was the better overall player in many regards. Better post game, defense, ball handling skill and passing ability. He was just more versatile.

Durant definitely can be better than Kobe but he is not there yet. With his length, he has a physical advantage but he doesn't have the all around game Kobe had. I think he needs to get stronger, but that will happen with age.

Xiao Yao You
07-24-2013, 02:59 AM
Durant

Nashty
07-24-2013, 03:05 AM
How is this even a question :facepalm

Lakers2877
07-24-2013, 03:17 AM
Yeah, that's exactly how my posts come off. :oldlol:

Man, someone's mad that I'm exposing his idol as an overrated defender.

I'm sorry Mr. couldn't make the JV squad because you were too short.
I was a football player. I played D 1 college football. Def tackle. Full ride scholarships

Lol at me being the mad one too. That's funny

Sorry, gonna go with the nba coaches on this one. The guys who make millions to coach the best bball players in the world. I know it's hard to understand why I would go with the coaches over a little zit faced, booger eater, still live at home with mommy and daddy, poster but that's just the way it goes

Btw posting articles written by people who never laced'em up in a competitive hoops game either doesn't qualify as exposing anyone

VIntageNOvel
07-24-2013, 03:24 AM
Dumb thread :roll:

ISH the only place kobe got underrated :roll:

Durant hasnt even touch prime tmac level let alone kobe :facepalm

the same dumbass the said kobe got lucky carried by shaq :lol , hows that considered lucky if you said "it doesnt count":confusedshrug: ,
you work for years, got a good result, but it doesnt count, and youre lucky :confusedshrug:
put young lebron and durant along with those 2000 shaq, they would be a second fiddle as well,

Lucky is: got your own team when you havent reach your prime, statpad all the way, get all the the hype as # 1 #2, great stat, then when youre finally hit your prime, got surrounded by real talent win some chip, and got into GOAT discussion

Unlucky is: Entering league as nobody, working your way out from bench player to starting position, must play with the most dominant player ever in his prime, an arrogant one on top of that (hammered the nail that stuck out), and when you're finally entering your prime, dethrone and outshine him as the best player in the team, get your own team, but now its filled with scrub, lost three years of prime, and finally got a decent team, still make the most of it with 3 straight final -> and people still disregard it:facepalm

Lebron is clear cut best player right now, and rightly so people will put him into goat discussion soon, but to argue kobe is luckier than him because of shaq is just dumb, he got one of the smoothest road ever to become a goat.

and if durant not winning in 3-4 years, people would start to treat him as kevin love, empty stat pad loser :facepalm talk about bipolar

you dont need to like kobe, but at least respect for what he've done to the game, he's not gifted athletic freak like lebron shaq or MJ, but he earn his way to the top, the epitome of hard work, and determination :cheers:

tikay0
07-24-2013, 04:10 AM
I was a football player. I played D 1 college football. Def tackle. Full ride scholarships

Lol at me being the mad one too. That's funny

Sorry, gonna go with the nba coaches on this one. The guys who make millions to coach the best bball players in the world. I know it's hard to understand why I would go with the coaches over a little zit faced, booger eater, still live at home with mommy and daddy, poster but that's just the way it goes

Btw posting articles written by people who never laced'em up in a competitive hoops game either doesn't qualify as exposing anyone

I got you so mad that you listed your entire athletic resume on an internet message board as if anyone cares, and as if I couldn't just 1 up you and say some corny shit like, "I won the he is an trophy in 96'."

You see? Look at your post. Its all types of angry and butt hurt. Its been know for years that Kobe's one of the most overrated defenders in NBA history. You're rockin a LA avatar, and I understand your butt hurt, but don't be mad kid. Kobe's as overrated a superstar there is.

P.S. Stop being a 40 year old virgin and quit dickriding a grown ass man like he gives a **** about you. Grown ass men that dick ride on that level are most likely 40 year old virgins that still live with their parents and rely on them to give them rides.

Must be a sad life you live.

Jacks3
07-24-2013, 05:03 AM
He's not even as good as a 22-yr old 2001 Bryant.

Call me when Durant puts up 29+/7+/6+/2+/1+ in the post-season while being one of the best perimeter defenders in basketball.

VIntageNOvel
07-24-2013, 05:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCVe9A46ecs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHGleTaT2x4

riseagainst
07-24-2013, 11:11 AM
No way.

Kobe's passing, ballhandling, and defensive ability (not performance) all rival the all-time greats at his position. Durant equals him in scoring instinct, and perhaps ability, and shoots as well as any player ever, superstar or no (and better than Kobe).

Kobe's lack of dominance in the paint is why he can't be as good as guys like Jordan, and his inability to work with others is why he can't be as good as guys like Magic. But Durant is lacking in too many ways... vs. other all-time greats of course.

riseagainst
07-24-2013, 11:12 AM

if Durant played Shaq, who would have played the facilitating role in the triangle? :oldlol:

riseagainst
07-24-2013, 11:15 AM
tikay0 had to log in to his alt secund2nun to agree with himself.

Frozen1
07-24-2013, 11:43 AM
Durant is one of the most overrated players ever, pair to pair with CP3.

Durant is not even as good as prime TMAC, and i have doubts if he is the most important player on his own team.

By the way, much of his playoff success comes from having the luck to play together with another 2 franchise players. True durant was shown this year, with an embarrassing playoff elimination to the team that would get swept in the next round.

NumberSix
07-24-2013, 11:48 AM
Durant is one of the most overrated players ever, pair to pair with CP3.

Durant is not even as good as prime TMAC, and i have doubts if he is the most important player on his own team.

By the way, much of his playoff success comes from having the luck to play together with another 2 franchise players. True durant was shown this year, with an embarrassing playoff elimination to the team that would get swept in the next round.
I'd say Durant is a top 5 most overrated player of all time, but my guess is he'll be an era specific overrated player. My guess is that 10 years from now we'll think of him the say way we think of Vince Carter.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 11:48 AM
tikay0 had to log in to his alt secund2nun to agree with himself.

:facepalm tikay0 has no alts ya bish. Tikay0 doesn't take this shit that serious bruh. You know what I do when I'm getting ganged up and everyone disagrees with me? I let the butt hurt simmer in a thread, while I'm not giving a single ****.

Anyone with an ALT is a scrub to me.

scm5
07-24-2013, 12:09 PM
They're so different that it's hard to compare them.

Durant is much better at playing off the ball than Kobe is, Kobe never really had a player that could take over as a playmaker until last season with Nash, and Nash was hurt most of the season.

What we've seen of Durant without Westbrook out is that he can be a good playmaker, but he's turnover prone. His efficiency drops off a lot once he has to create his own shot. He still had a great series though and was a force defensively with his length.

It is closer between these two than most would care to admit. Durant looked pretty good without Westbrook and with Westbrook being such an ironman, it's scary that Durant was that effective without him right off the bat. The gap between Durant and Lebron isn't as much as people claim it to be either.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 12:10 PM
I'd say Durant is a top 5 most overrated player of all time, but my guess is he'll be an era specific overrated player. My guess is that 10 years from now we'll think of him the say way we think of Vince Carter.

Correction. Lebron James is an era specific player. KD has the jumper to succeed in any ERA. Lebron couldn't even get past Kobe when he was using some normal ass hand check tactics. :oldlol:

No iso game. No foot movement. Shaky jumper. Flops at the smallest form of contact. Bitch made. Etc.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 12:13 PM
They're so different that it's hard to compare them.

Durant is much better at playing off the ball than Kobe is, Kobe never really had a player that could take over as a playmaker until last season with Nash, and Nash was hurt most of the season.

What we've seen of Durant without Westbrook out is that he can be a good playmaker, but he's turnover prone. His efficiency drops off a lot once he has to create his own shot. He still had a great series though and was a force defensively with his length.

It is closer between these two than most would care to admit. Durant looked pretty good without Westbrook and with Westbrook being such an ironman, it's scary that Durant was that effective without him right off the bat. The gap between Durant and Lebron isn't as much as people claim it to be either.

Perspective though.

KD gets 32.5 on 48% vs. the Rockets, without Westbrook.

29 on 42% against the best defensive team in the league, without Westbrook.

If KD was facing some scrub ass team, and totally shit the bed, then yes, there's room to criticize, but the Grizzlies aren't a scrub team. They were the #1 ranked defense in the league.

scm5
07-24-2013, 12:14 PM
Correction. Lebron James is an era specific player. KD has the jumper to succeed in any ERA. Lebron couldn't even get past Kobe when he was using some normal ass hand check tactics. :oldlol:

No iso game. No foot movement. Shaky jumper. Flops at the smallest form of contact. Bitch made. Etc.

Do you actually believe the shit you post?

I do agree that Lebron would be a less effective half-court player with hand-checking still in the league, but in previous NBA era's, the game was much faster paced. Lebron would be Showtime.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Do you actually believe the shit you post?

I do agree that Lebron would be a less effective half-court player with hand-checking still in the league, but in previous NBA era's, the game was much faster paced. Lebron would be Showtime.

KD would be more effective in the hand check era. No question. His jumper would be effective in any era. His iso game is much better than Lebron's, and the fast paced game favor both guys.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 12:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG43pI5CCAs

Lebron has 2 moves.

Not the NBA, but Lebron doesn't have his Heat team defense to back him up in this one. :confusedshrug:

That = 59 pts.

scm5
07-24-2013, 12:22 PM
KD would be more effective in the hand check era. No question. His jumper would be effective in any era. His iso game is much better than Lebron's, and the fast paced game favor both guys.

I agree with you that KD would be more effective in the hand-check era than he is now. I say this only because he pretty much mastered the swing-through while it was still allowed and it was allowed in the hand-check era.

His swing through would deter defenders from hand-checking him, but if he had to actually play against it, he would need to get stronger.

A fast paced game would favor Lebron much more than Durant.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 12:26 PM
I agree with you that KD would be more effective in the hand-check era than he is now. I say this only because he pretty much mastered the swing-through while it was still allowed and it was allowed in the hand-check era.

His swing through would deter defenders from hand-checking him, but if he had to actually play against it, he would need to get stronger.

A fast paced game would favor Lebron much more than Durant.

The reason KD would be more effective in the hand check era isn't only because of his swing through, but because of his handles and isolation game. Obviously not putting his jumper into consideration, because that's blatantly obvious.

Bro, the fast paced league would favor both of them. :confusedshrug:

SilkkTheShocker
07-24-2013, 12:27 PM
LeBron is a lot better than both of them.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 12:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDC8reGFkXc

Durant's too cold brosephs.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 12:35 PM
2 coldest players in the league, Rose and KD. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

tpols
07-24-2013, 12:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDC8reGFkXc

Durant's too cold brosephs.
He's too tall to be dribbling like that.. lol. Looks clunky and kinda forced. If it weren't for having the best combo of height and shooting ability ever he would never be able to get by.

Kobe shits on Durant handling the ball passing the ball and in every other offensive aspect of the game aside from pure shooting.. Especially if we're comparing aesthetics, ain't close.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 12:41 PM
He's too tall to be dribbling like that.. lol. Looks clunky and kinda forced. If it weren't for having the best combo of height and shooting ability ever he would never be able to get by.

Kobe shits on Durant handling the ball passing the ball and in every other offensive aspect of the game aside from pure shooting.. Especially if we're comparing aesthetics, ain't close.

No one's comparing KD's handles to Kobe. Obviously Kobe has better handles. I was comparing them to Lebron.

scm5
07-24-2013, 12:46 PM
The reason KD would be more effective in the hand check era isn't only because of his swing through, but because of his handles and isolation game. Obviously not putting his jumper into consideration, because that's blatantly obvious.

Bro, the fast paced league would favor both of them. :confusedshrug:

KD's handles are good, but they're not amazing. He's so effective now because you aren't allowed to touch/body players as much anymore.

His jumper is wet, no disagreement here, but he's not going to be as effective driving in as he is in this era. Hand-checking would effect Durant a lot given that he's not an especially strong player to begin with and he has a high center of gravity. He would be handled when he does drive in.

I never said a faster paced offense wouldn't favor Durant, it would just favor Lebron much more. He's one of the best, if not the best open court players we've had in the league.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 12:50 PM
KD's handles are good, but they're not amazing. He's so effective now because you aren't allowed to touch/body players as much anymore.

His jumper is wet, no disagreement here, but he's not going to be as effective driving in as he is in this era. Hand-checking would effect Durant a lot given that he's not an especially strong player to begin with and he has a high center of gravity. He would be handled when he does drive in.

I never said a faster paced offense wouldn't favor Durant, it would just favor Lebron much more. He's one of the best, if not the best open court players we've had in the league.

They're not amazing, but they're much better than Lebron's.

Neither would Lebron. 2 key weaknesses I see here. Durant and his strength. Lebron and his iso and dribbling ability. I give the tie breaker to KD's jumper. That translates anywhere. Besides, KD's strength isn't a huge factor here, because I still see him as a better handling, faster, longer version of a Larry Bird type player. Not saying he's better than Bird. Don't get it twisted. I said Larry Bird TYPE player.

There is no measure of who the best open court player is. Kobe is just as effective as a Lebron in the open court in a fast break situation. Just like Rose is as well, just like KD is as well, just like Westbrook, Nash, tons of other names.

Superstars are generally great in the open floor.

At the end of the day, they'd both be great in any era.

scm5
07-24-2013, 12:59 PM
They're not amazing, but they're much better than Lebron's.

Neither would Lebron. 2 key weaknesses I see here. Durant and his strength. Lebron and his iso and dribbling ability. I give the tie breaker to KD's jumper. That translates anywhere. Besides, KD's strength isn't a huge factor here, because I still see him as a better handling, faster, longer version of a Larry Bird type player. Not saying he's better than Bird. Don't get it twisted. I said Larry Bird TYPE player.

There is no measure of who the best open court player is. Kobe is just as effective as a Lebron in the open court in a fast break situation. Just like Rose is as well, just like KD is as well, just like Westbrook, Nash, tons of other names.

Superstars are generally great in the open floor.

At the end of the day, they'd both be great in any era.

I am a huge fan of Kobe's (obviously, being a Laker fan). He is nowhere near as effective as Lebron in the open court, not even in his prime.

Kobe was a quick player, but he was never a fast player. He would blow by his defenders in a half-court offense with his first step, but as far as full court speed, he was average or slightly above average.

Lebron however, is FAST. He's a second dribble player. He builds up his speed through spacing and he's really hard to stop once he has that speed built up. He's one of the best finishers around the rim we've seen in the league, right up there with MJ. He finishes strong more often than not.

I'm sorry, Kobe is just not on Lebron's level in that regard.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 01:20 PM
I am a huge fan of Kobe's (obviously, being a Laker fan). He is nowhere near as effective as Lebron in the open court, not even in his prime.

Kobe was a quick player, but he was never a fast player. He would blow by his defenders in a half-court offense with his first step, but as far as full court speed, he was average or slightly above average.

Lebron however, is FAST. He's a second dribble player. He builds up his speed through spacing and he's really hard to stop once he has that speed built up. He's one of the best finishers around the rim we've seen in the league, right up there with MJ. He finishes strong more often than not.

I'm sorry, Kobe is just not on Lebron's level in that regard.

Agree to disagree.

boldarblood
07-24-2013, 02:16 PM
I got you so mad that you listed your entire athletic resume on an internet message board as if anyone cares, and as if I couldn't just 1 up you and say some corny shit like, "I won the he is an trophy in 96'."

You see? Look at your post. Its all types of angry and butt hurt. Its been know for years that Kobe's one of the most overrated defenders in NBA history. You're rockin a LA avatar, and I understand your butt hurt, but don't be mad kid. Kobe's as overrated a superstar there is.

P.S. Stop being a 40 year old virgin and quit dickriding a grown ass man like he gives a **** about you. Grown ass men that dick ride on that level are most likely 40 year old virgins that still live with their parents and rely on them to give them rides.

Must be a sad life you live.

spoken like a true 15 year old! You tell him.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 02:19 PM
spoken like a true 15 year old! You tell him.

I got you so mad, that you created another ALT with 6 posts. Dusting off some old 2009 ALTs I see. Putting them to bad use.

riseagainst
07-24-2013, 02:20 PM
I got you so mad, that you created another ALT with 6 posts. Dusting off some old 2009 ALTs I see. Putting them to bad use.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

adding another one to the RG's alt accounts list.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 02:27 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

adding another one to the RG's alt accounts list.

Right. :oldlol:

boldarblood
07-24-2013, 02:35 PM

Incorrect.

I am a lurker, your post reminded me of a 15 year old.

tikay0
07-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Incorrect.

I am a lurker, your post reminded me of a 15 year old.

Up to 7 posts. :applause:

boldarblood
07-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Up to 7 posts. :applause:

any mod can verify it. I have no clue who RG is. This has been my online name for over 20 years now. I am on LOTS of forums and gaming sites under this name. I just don't post here.

Trollsmasher
07-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Yes, he is. The fact that he is not a black hole on the offense alone makes him better. They are both subpar on the defensive end.

TheBigVeto
07-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Rookie Durant was even better than any version of Kobe.
Deal wit it.

pauk
01-05-2014, 01:28 AM
Missed this thread, anyways:

To be honest i already started gradually thinking this way some year/years ago, was kindof hesitant of expressing it as time passed by as i wanted to give KD more time before i made such a comment, it was kindof premature..... but i have seen enough man and he is better this season than ever before... cant hold this in any longer.

I am not talking about accolades/achievements/milestones.... but strictly them as overall players in 48 minutes of a game...

Take a very good look at the guy today, he is at 6'11" maybe the best ballhandler we ever seen (at that size and over), on top of that he is extremly athletic, has the shooting & clutchness of essentially Reggie Miller, fantastic footwork, can score in every single way, this guy is very unfairly gifted & skilled, absolutely unguardable.... defense is good & will be even better (great potential there), comparable passing/vision to Kobe and is a better rebounder........

...am i wrong if i think Durant has better talent/skills at his disposal than Kobe ever had? If so, then please help me change my mind right here.

Mr. Jabbar
01-05-2014, 01:31 AM
i like durantula he has more impact on his team and in the game than lebron, thats a granted, but he still has a mountain to climb before reaching kobes tier. cute thread.

zoom17
01-05-2014, 01:34 AM
wtf there's two threads about this:oldlol:

TheMarkMadsen
01-05-2014, 01:35 AM
http://cdn.rsvlts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Kevin-Durant-GIF-14.gif

DMAVS41
01-05-2014, 01:35 AM
No, but peak Kobe vs current Durant is an interesting conversation to have.

But saying Durant is better than Kobe ever was is silly. Close to or as good as Kobe ever was? Maybe...but Durant hasn't done enough to say "better"

Lebron at his peak is better than Kobe ever was...Durant isn't Lebron

Mr. Jabbar
01-05-2014, 01:40 AM
Lebron at his peak is better than Kobe ever was...

yeah right champ..

peak kobe would win a game 1 vs 5 and dunk over pauks mom on his way home

SpecialQue
01-05-2014, 01:41 AM
wtf there's two threads about this:oldlol:

Yeah, Pauk's and one he created with an alt.

pauk
01-05-2014, 01:47 AM
No, but peak Kobe vs current Durant is an interesting conversation to have.

But saying Durant is better than Kobe ever was is silly. Close to or as good as Kobe ever was? Maybe...but Durant hasn't done enough to say "better"

Lebron at his peak is better than Kobe ever was...Durant isn't Lebron

I can go with that, except i dunno about the silly part, its not Derrick Rose we are talking about.... its this 6'11" pure shooting behemoth in OKC....

pauk
01-05-2014, 01:50 AM

Oh right! I am everybody, no but seriously i am at least SpecialQue though, sorry guys, have to admit.

Mr. Jabbar
01-05-2014, 01:58 AM

after careful examination pauks alt is DMAVS, montana 90% sure but dmavs 100%, let the world know

SamuraiSWISH
01-05-2014, 02:00 AM
OP is RG, what account is he using now a days?

secund2nun
01-05-2014, 02:12 AM
Durant is much better than Kobe has ever been.

coin24
01-05-2014, 02:21 AM
Use your Nash account Pauk:oldlol:

I<3NBA
01-05-2014, 04:32 AM
no. not yet. but i'm sure KD will surpass peak Kobe in the near future.

Nashty
01-05-2014, 08:04 AM
How is this even a question? :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Uncle Drew
01-05-2014, 09:00 AM
Pauk = Electric Slide = RG

http://sameffect.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/mind-blown.gif

Harison
01-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Definitely not (yet), maybe in the future if Durant keeps improving. Kobe in his prime was actually elite defender too, and Durant has a long way to go there either.

01-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Not even close IMO. KD is great IMO. And will be an all time great but Kobe was just on another level as far as capability. The type of game that Durant just had, 48 points or something, it was something Kobe was capable of doing pretty much every night. It wws practically no news when Kobe was doing it. He could just go to distance with such ease and so effortlessly, someone like Durant can only dream of it. And Kobe was obviously a far superior playmaker, especially in the triangle and a defender which isn't even all that important IMO. Bottom line, Kobe was clearly a lot more capable.
Durant just isn't at that level and likely will never be IMO.

What Kobe was doing in his prime, no one historically can really do it except for MJ and Wilt. I personally consider LeBron and Magic arguably better than Kobe but they were a different type of a player. As far as scorers, only Kobe, Jordan and Wilt could play at that level IMO. Durant is great but he is not Kobe. Durant's career high is 52 points, Kobe was capable of doing that multiple games in a row. Not to mention 40 point games. Love KD though. But Kobe is on another level.

GOATbrook
01-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Definitely not (yet), maybe in the future if Durant keeps improving. Kobe in his prime was actually elite defender too, and Durant has a long way to go there either.
Durant is Elite defender, better defender than Lebron James.

01-05-2014, 10:18 AM
I don't think defense is really important when comparing the two because the impact of neither of them comes primarily from defense. In fact both carry such a load offensively that they often try to conserve energy defensively.
Stars generally do make the most capable defenders because they have the best physical tools. Kobe was just more capable than Durant. Anyone who's ever watched them knows it. You could say Durant was more in control, gets same numbers on average or whatever but going to distance is generally what separates players IMO because numbers can be so deceiving.
Someone like Peja Stojakovic was capable of having similar numbers ON AVERAGE. Heck, someone like Tyreke Evans as well one year, Steve Francis etc.
It's the ability to win that separates players, both Kobe and Durant have that so if not that, you compare them by their capability to go to distance. Kobe clearly trumps Durant.

DMAVS41
01-05-2014, 12:39 PM
I can go with that, except i dunno about the silly part, its not Derrick Rose we are talking about.... its this 6'11" pure shooting behemoth in OKC....

Yes, it's silly.

Durant has not done enough to warrant a "better" label....at best you should get as good as ever...not better.

Kobe was way better than people are giving him credit for on here if people think Durant putting up these numbers in the easiest era for perimeter players ever...means he's better than Kobe ever was.

Shit, 08 Kobe was a better overall player than Durant is currently in my opinion...

moe94
01-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Shit, 08 Kobe was a better overall player than Durant is currently in my opinion...
:rolleyes:

red1
01-05-2014, 03:43 PM
i'll take 08 kobe but gotta give kd credit too, he is also a legend in the making

moe94
01-05-2014, 03:55 PM
i'll take 08 kobe but gotta give kd credit too, he is also a legend in the making

player A: 28.3/6.3/5.4 on 46/36/87

player B: 29.2/8.3/4.8 on 50/42/88

BlazerRed
01-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Not even close IMO. KD is great IMO. And will be an all time great but Kobe was just on another level as far as capability. The type of game that Durant just had, 48 points or something, it was something Kobe was capable of doing pretty much every night. It wws practically no news when Kobe was doing it. He could just go to distance with such ease and so effortlessly, someone like Durant can only dream of it. And Kobe was obviously a far superior playmaker, especially in the triangle and a defender which isn't even all that important IMO. Bottom line, Kobe was clearly a lot more capable.
Durant just isn't at that level and likely will never be IMO.

What Kobe was doing in his prime, no one historically can really do it except for MJ and Wilt. I personally consider LeBron and Magic arguably better than Kobe but they were a different type of a player. As far as scorers, only Kobe, Jordan and Wilt could play at that level IMO. Durant is great but he is not Kobe. Durant's career high is 52 points, Kobe was capable of doing that multiple games in a row. Not to mention 40 point games. Love KD though. But Kobe is on another level.

Durant would be capable of putting up those numbers with regularity if he were putting up the amount of shots Kobe was. Durant's problem is sometimes he can be a little unselfish.

DMAVS41
01-05-2014, 05:25 PM

Meh...actually playing in an offense and running sets...while playing better defense than KD currently does offsets that.

Durant plays in a "no offense" scheme where he just gets to gun as much as he wants. We saw Kobe do that for 2 years and he was capable of getting you like 32 to 35 a night on 56% TS with terrible help. Give him legit help and let him gun as much as he wants in his peak? Scary shit...

If you people really think Durant has done enough to date to warrant being called "better than Kobe ever was"...they are ignorant to how good Kobe actually was...or over-rate the **** out of Durant.

red1
01-05-2014, 05:26 PM

then when you factor in defense it makes the decision even easier

Black and White
01-05-2014, 05:28 PM
This is a troll thread, this isn't really an argument atm, let Durant play a few more seasons then we can revisit this debate.

OhNoTimNoSho
01-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Current Durant? No. Future Durant with cyborg parts? maybe

moe94
01-05-2014, 05:57 PM
If you people really think Durant has done enough to date to warrant being called "better than Kobe ever was"...they are ignorant to how good Kobe actually was...or over-rate the **** out of Durant.

Agree.

However, Durant, right now, is a much better scorer than 08 Kobe and it's not even close.

Vienceslav
01-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Agree.

However, Durant, right now, is a much better scorer than 08 Kobe and it's not even close.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1365838_o.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So7oniG81pI

TheMarkMadsen
02-22-2014, 03:32 PM
bump

NumberSix
02-22-2014, 03:33 PM
This is a troll thread, this isn't really an argument atm, let Durant play a few more seasons then we can revisit this debate.
Lol. This same phaggit already declares Durant to be better than LeBron doe. :roll: