PDA

View Full Version : Which team is the most dissapointing in the history of the NBA?

Rose'sACL
07-23-2013, 07:40 PM
My vote goes to New York Knicks. Biggest City in the country with a basketball loving crowd which makes them really rich and yet they have only 2 titles.
They should be ashamed that teams like Maimi and Spurs have done better than them in way lesser time. Both Miami and San Antonio are not big markets.

tikay0
07-23-2013, 07:43 PM
What's the point of this thread? :confusedshrug:

The JKidd Kid
07-23-2013, 07:44 PM
It's easily the Knicks, considering that they havnt won't a championship in 40 years even with all the crutches they've been given: biggest market in the world, getting payment from the Nets when they moved to the NBA, Ewing draft rigging, etc.

tikay0
07-23-2013, 07:46 PM
How many ALTs you got? :confusedshrug:

Rose'sACL
07-23-2013, 07:53 PM
How many ALTs you got? :confusedshrug:
9 lesser than you which equals to 0. People still wonder why trolls like tony montana or sikk are ruining this place when guys like you told them that it is okay to do so.

Fresh Kid
07-23-2013, 08:03 PM
My vote goes to New York Knicks. Biggest City in the country with a basketball loving crowd which makes them really rich and yet they have only 2 titles.
They should be ashamed that teams like Maimi and Spurs have done better than them in way lesser time. Both Miami and San Antonio are not big markets.
Miami Heat for rigging all of their finals series:rolleyes:

The JKidd Kid
07-23-2013, 08:06 PM

There's literally nothing a Knick fan can say to refute this. The Knicks are arguably the most underachieving franchise in SPORTS history.

Sarcastic
07-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Being in a big city doesn't get a team good players. Being lucky in the draft does.

Fresh Kid
07-23-2013, 08:08 PM
There's literally nothing a Knick fan can say to refute this. The Knicks are arguably the most underachieving franchise in SPORTS history.
dont make me bring up that horrible season tha nets had led by devin harris:roll: :roll: :roll:

Rose'sACL
07-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Being in a big city doesn't get a team good players. Being lucky in the draft does.
are you an idiot? that much money and probably the greatest city to live in is all the reason one should have to go to new york. Knicks somehow just mess it up again and again.

Fresh Kid
07-23-2013, 08:09 PM
are you an idiot?
he's telling tha truth knick hater:coleman:

The JKidd Kid
07-23-2013, 08:09 PM

The Timberwolves have drafted Kevin Garnett, Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio, etc. Look where they are now. Hell, the Knicks drafted Patrick Ewing and they got no where.

It's not about luck, it's about management, money and culture.

Fresh Kid
07-23-2013, 08:10 PM
The Timberwolves have drafted Kevin Garnett, Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio, etc. Look where they are now.

It's not about luck, it's about management, money and culture.
what happen in :facepalm 04????

Sarcastic
07-23-2013, 08:12 PM
are you an idiot? that much money and probably the greatest city to live in is all the reason one should have to go to new york. Knicks somehow just mess it up again and again.

There's a salary cap you moron. They can't throw unlimited money to players the way the Yankees can.

tikay0
07-23-2013, 08:14 PM
9 lesser than you which equals to 0. People still wonder why trolls like tony montana or sikk are ruining this place when guys like you told them that it is okay to do so.

Lulz. When have I ever had an ALT?

You're the king of ALTs.

The JKidd Kid
07-23-2013, 08:14 PM
what happen in :facepalm 04????

The Timberwolves got raped in the WCF, the Knicks got swept by th Nets. The two teams that made the Finals had like 2 players they drafted on them, those teams got there through culture and good management, not luck in the draft.

Rose'sACL
07-23-2013, 08:16 PM
There's a salary cap you moron. They can't throw unlimited money to players the way the Yankees can.
that cap just got a lot harder just now. what is your excuse for last 67 years? if knicks fans want their team to be good, they should stop going to the games for a couple of years and stop buying anything knicks related and you will probably start doing better. every big market team has a few bad years but knicks are just embarrassing the whole city which loves basketball.
Look at LA and tell me i am wrong.

kamil
07-23-2013, 08:16 PM
I always thought the Clippers we're a joke of a team. Maybe not recently, but in all my life I never saw them as anything more than a losing team.

Legends66NBA7
07-23-2013, 08:23 PM
A team with a long history but with not much playoff success to look back upon and a dry spell in titles.

I guess my vote goes to the Hawks franchise. They have title back in 1958, but that year Bill Russell was injured and Bob Pettit went off scoring wise for the rest of that series... going to bet they don't win if Russell stays healthy. And in their tenure in Atlanta ? The most memorable moment was Dominique Wilkins dueling with Larry Bird in Game 7 of the 88 2nd round.

Can't use much current teams from the late 80's, 90's, 00's, etc... since they are far too young in terms to have major success outside of the Miami Heat.

In terms of how a team must be successful, they either teams have to:

1) Use the draft to get high quality picks and use the management/scouting staff to draft better picks in the second rounds.

2) Get lucrative free agents with the amount of space you can have under the cap.

Or have a combination of both is marvelous as well.

Rose'sACL
07-23-2013, 08:24 PM
I always thought the Clippers we're a joke of a team. Maybe not recently, but in all my life I never saw them as anything more than a losing team.
it is pretty hard for nets and clippers to get some fans as they are the second teams in the city. clippers have some fans now thanks to youtube and social media and i am sure if nets play well for a few seasons, they will have fans too.
This is the best time for Clippers and Nets to do well. Lakers and most probably knicks will not do great for a couple of years at least and in that time they can steal some fans which results in more money which results in players wanting to come to that team to play.

Legends66NBA7
07-23-2013, 08:25 PM

That's actually a good pick too. Not to mention, the way they acquired Chris Paul seemed in many people's eyes as a frowning moment of the NBA's reputation in handling player transactions.

tmacattack33
07-23-2013, 08:29 PM
I'd agree and go with the Knicks. Biggest city in the country, been here for a while, yet only have one or two championships and none since I've been an nba fan in the 1990's.

Inferno
07-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Portland has a case...

Passing up on MJ and Durant, Jail Blazers, and Oden + Roy's knees giving away thus ending what could have been a championship team..

bagelred
07-23-2013, 08:32 PM
It's obvious this thread has bunch of kids because the answer is unbelievably obvious.

It's the L.A. Clippers and there is no close second. There was a time not too long ago when they didn't have Paul or Griffin. I know that's hard to believe.

They were up until now, like maybe this last season......the absolute laughing stock of the league. Always. Read up on it.

In the history of the both SAN DIEGO and LOS ANGELES Clippers, the Clippers have only made the playoffs six times....SIX.....and never ever ever...past the first round.

But its not just that......they have been the butt of every joke ever....the Clippers are the joke on top of the joke......ownership, to cheapness, to draft picks...everything.....everything and in between.

Check......mate.

SilkkTheShocker
07-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Why can't Knicks fans admit their franchise isn't that good? They are closer to the Clippers than they are the Miami heat

Sarcastic
07-23-2013, 08:55 PM
that cap just got a lot harder just now. what is your excuse for last 67 years? if knicks fans want their team to be good, they should stop going to the games for a couple of years and stop buying anything knicks related and you will probably start doing better. every big market team has a few bad years but knicks are just embarrassing the whole city which loves basketball.
Look at LA and tell me i am wrong.

The NBA salary cap has always been built around allowing teams to retain the players they originally drafted, which is why in the past 30 years the only franchise players to ever leave their original team while still in their prime are Lebron and Shaq. They have provisions like the Bird Rule, which let the original team hold onto a player until they are past their prime, and then the player ends up "ring chasing" if he never got it with the first. This is one of the main reasons that Stern and the owners want to increase the minimum age for the NBA, because they know they will have the rights to that player for 7 years, then he will become a free agent. If they can push the starting age up to 21, they will have the players for most of his entire prime. With HS to NBA players, they would enter at 18 and become free agents at 25 with still lots of prime years left.

Contrast that with MLB which doesn't have a Bird Rule. Once a player reaches his 7 years of service with the team, he hits the "FREE OPEN MARKET", in which case the highest bidder almost always wins. There are no Bird Rules which allow the Mariners to retain Alex Rodriguez as a free agent. Instead the Rangers were allowed to offer him $250 million dollars, which of course the Mariners were not going to match and he would not turn down.

If the NBA had a true "FREE OPEN MARKET", Dolan would have offered Lebron $100 million per year to play in NY. Instead he could only offer what he was limited to with the salary cap.

Sarcastic
07-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Why can't Knicks fans admit their franchise isn't that good? They are closer to the Clippers than they are the Miami heat

Since the 1970s:

1970s: One of the top teams with 2 rings
1980s: Competitive but not great, but not awful either
1990s: Very Competitive, made 2 finals, and were a top 5 team of the decade.
2000s: Pure garbage(even I admit it)
2010s: Has started better, and has at least started making the playoffs again

How is this the most disappointing team, when the NBA's CBA does not allow NY to flex its financial muscles?

The JKidd Kid
07-23-2013, 09:01 PM
The NBA salary cap has always been built around allowing teams to retain the players they originally drafted, which is why in the past 30 years the only franchise players to ever leave their original team while still in their prime are Lebron and Shaq. They have provisions like the Bird Rule, which let the original team hold onto a player until they are past their prime, and then the player ends up "ring chasing" if he never got it with the first. This is one of the main reasons that Stern and the owners want to increase the minimum age for the NBA, because they know they will have the rights to that player for 7 years, then he will become a free agent. If they can push the starting age up to 21, they will have the players for most of his entire prime. With HS to NBA players, they would enter at 18 and become free agents at 25 with still lots of prime years left.

Contrast that with MLB which doesn't have a Bird Rule. Once a player reaches his 7 years of service with the team, he hits the "FREE OPEN MARKET", in which case the highest bidder almost always wins. There are no Bird Rules which allow the Mariners to retain Alex Rodriguez as a free agent. Instead the Rangers were allowed to offer him $250 million dollars, which of course the Mariners were not going to match and he would not turn down.

If the NBA had a true "FREE OPEN MARKET", Dolan would have offered Lebron $100 million per year to play in NY. Instead he could only offer what he was limited to with the salary cap.

No excuses, why is it that the Heat signed Lebron if the salary cap is so restricting? How did the Celtics get KG and Allen? How did the Lakers get Shaq? Tons of teams have won titles and contended without being lucky in the Draft? Also, if it's all about getting lucky in the draft, then why do the Knicks trade away all their picks?

Stupid argument as a last ditch effort to defend your pathetic franchise.

Sarcastic
07-23-2013, 09:04 PM
No excuses, why is it that the Heat signed Lebron if the salary cap is so restricting? How did the Celtics get KG and Allen? How did the Lakers get Shaq? Tons of teams have won titles and contended without being lucky in the Draft? Also, if it's all about getting lucky in the draft, then why do the Knicks trade away all their picks?

Stupid argument as a last ditch effort to defend your pathetic franchise.

Because the fcking players conspired to play together with Pat Riley (can't be proven obviously), and the Heat were the only team to clear enough salary to get all 3 players.

Celtics got KG because one of their former players just happened to be GM of another team.

Lakers got Shaq because Orlando is dumb and didn't want to pay him, and Shaq wanted to make movies.

The JKidd Kid
07-23-2013, 09:04 PM
It's obvious this thread has bunch of kids because the answer is unbelievably obvious.

It's the L.A. Clippers and there is no close second. There was a time not too long ago when they didn't have Paul or Griffin. I know that's hard to believe.

They were up until now, like maybe this last season......the absolute laughing stock of the league. Always. Read up on it.

In the history of the both SAN DIEGO and LOS ANGELES Clippers, the Clippers have only made the playoffs six times....SIX.....and never ever ever...past the first round.

But its not just that......they have been the butt of every joke ever....the Clippers are the joke on top of the joke......ownership, to cheapness, to draft picks...everything.....everything and in between.

Check......mate.

Clippers have always had the odds against them, while the Knicks have always been favored, but still havnt done anything.

Rose'sACL
07-23-2013, 09:05 PM

Do you think you are the only one who knows about salary cap? Lakers have made their luck. They got kobe through trade during the draft and got shaq . Stop making excuses for probably the worst front office in the NBA given that they have been the only franchise that has had the ability to spend more than lakers.
You can't tell me that "luck" is the reason lakers have 16 titles with 10 coming after the merger. Small market teams can bitch about lakers having too much money and better location but new york can't.

The JKidd Kid
07-23-2013, 09:08 PM
Because the fcking players conspired to play together with Pat Riley (can't be proven obviously), and the Heat were the only team to clear enough salary to get all 3 players.

The salary cap isn't an excuse, because there are so many ways to get around it. Look at the current Nets and Knicks teams, both are teams that built their core through free agency and are well over the cap. You also still havnt explained KG and Allen and Shaq and the Lakers, along with numerous examples proving that your idea of teams being good only because of luck in the draft is completely insane and has no evidence to support it.

SilkkTheShocker
07-23-2013, 09:33 PM
It's kind of funny how the Knicks always try to group themselves with the lakers, celtics, etc. but they aren't even better than the Bucks or Warriors

code green
07-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Definitely the Knicks. They call their arena the "Mecca of Basketball," yet they haven't raised a banner in there since Nixon was in office. :oldlol:

KyleKong
07-23-2013, 09:50 PM
New York Knicks as a franchise. How can they have not won a championship in decades when they are in the center of the universe?

As a team for just one season, the 2012-2013 Lakers. All dat hype, all dat fizzle.

Legends66NBA7
07-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Definitely the Knicks. They call their arena the "Mecca of Basketball," yet they haven't raised a banner in there since Nixon was in office. :oldlol:

New York Knicks as a franchise. How can they have not won a championship in decades when they are in the center of the universe?

And yet the Hawks franchise who have won only one title (in 1958... and some would even call that "lucky" since the Celtics lost their defensive anchor in that Finals) while in St.Louis and have not even been to the Finals since moving to Atlanta (their last conference title was in 1961) are less disappointing than a team who's won 2 titles and been to 3 other appearances ? At least, that's what your posts are coming of as.

Knicks may have disappointed a lot, but they are far from the most disappointing.

Inferno
07-23-2013, 10:30 PM
It's kind of funny how the Knicks always try to group themselves with the lakers, celtics, etc. but they aren't even better than the Bucks or Warriors

Warriors are a top team in the NBA right now :no:

Don't compare the Warriors to the Bucks http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/KP4IM.png

Fallen Angel
07-23-2013, 10:32 PM

Don't compare the Warriors to the Bucks http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/KP4IM.png

If by top you mean "Top 6 in the Western Conference" then I agree. Otherwise, no.

The JKidd Kid
07-23-2013, 10:33 PM

He means as in franchise achievements.

Sarcastic
07-23-2013, 10:39 PM
The salary cap isn't an excuse, because there are so many ways to get around it. Look at the current Nets and Knicks teams, both are teams that built their core through free agency and are well over the cap. You also still havnt explained KG and Allen and Shaq and the Lakers, along with numerous examples proving that your idea of teams being good only because of luck in the draft is completely insane and has no evidence to support it.

Do you understand the difference between trades and free agency? Because I don't think you do. The Knicks and Nets aren't built through free agency. It's been all trades.

Melo - trade. KG - trade. PP - trade. DWill - trade. Joe Johnson - trade.

NumberSix
07-23-2013, 10:40 PM
How is this even a question? It's obviously the Knicks.

Jameerthefear
07-23-2013, 10:41 PM
Clippers or Hawks. Can't go wrong with either one. Knicks are up there too

Suguru101
07-23-2013, 11:02 PM

You are f***g relentless. :facepalm

:applause: Jabbar's Heir Apparent.

Fresh Kid
07-23-2013, 11:12 PM
what a retard:facepalm

red1
07-23-2013, 11:12 PM
what a retard:facepalm
he is actually right

WayOfWade
07-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Bobcats led by MJ?
Maybe not as disappointing but underwhelming to the point where you'd expect more from the GOAT.

secund2nun
07-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Easily the knicks.

Young X
07-23-2013, 11:21 PM
Knicks easily, how are they any different from Milwaukee as a franchise other than location?

1 series win in 13 seasons.

Pathetic. :oldlol:

Fresh Kid
07-23-2013, 11:27 PM
Easily the knicks.
HATING

secund2nun
07-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Since the 1970s:

1970s: One of the top teams with 2 rings
1980s: Competitive but not great, but not awful either
1990s: Very Competitive, made 2 finals, and were a top 5 team of the decade.
2000s: Pure garbage(even I admit it)
2010s: Has started better, and has at least started making the playoffs again

How is this the most disappointing team, when the NBA's CBA does not allow NY to flex its financial muscles?

The reason NY is my pick is because they can still use their big market money to spend over the cap with the MLE plus the bird rights allow them to keep their stars they do obtain no matter the luxury tax so being in a profitable larger market is an advantage.

Also the NBA has a history of rigging the events around the leagues to get the big stars to the big markets. NY offers players the ability to make a lot of endorsement money and live in a flashy city just like LA does yet LA has signed prime Shaq as a free agent, while NY can't seem to sign anyone franchise changer like that. Also LA has made big time trades like for Wilt, Gasol, Kareem while they were in their primes in lopsided trades (nba rigging perhaps?) while NY traded for Melo who is not in the tier of the above guys....and gutted the team in the process.

deja vu
07-23-2013, 11:29 PM
What's having the biggest market got to do with team success? Last time I checked, they all are under the same salary cap.

Now, if we get rid of the salary cap, then I can probably see New York winning several titles.

It's just like in football/soccer where there's no salary cap. Some small club like Manchester City gets bought by rich oil sheikh and suddenly become contenders. :lol

deja vu
07-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Bobcats led by MJ?
Maybe not as disappointing but underwhelming to the point where you'd expect more from the GOAT.
Player =/= Owner

Xiao Yao You
07-23-2013, 11:35 PM
The Jazz. Malone and Stockton fall in their laps in back to back years and absolutely nothing to show for it! :no:

Fresh Kid
07-23-2013, 11:36 PM
he is actually right
how??????
knicks-2 rings
heat- 3 rings(earned 0)
clippers- ??????????????

imdaman99
07-23-2013, 11:37 PM
so no recent success means its the most disappointing in the history of the NBA? :facepalm

hey kids, i know you're all 16 years old, but the nba didn't start in 2001. guess who gave the michael jordan led bulls the hardest times? it wasn't the heat. it wasn't the lakers. it was the knicks. i know all (ok, most) lebron stans are 16-17 yr olds or jump off bridges in the middle of game 6s or jerk off in random girls panty drawers, but they do not know history.

if only players colluded their way into playing for the knicks. shortcuts :cheers:

Sarcastic
07-23-2013, 11:41 PM
he is actually right

So 2 is closer to 0 than it is to 3? :facepalm

****ing retards in this thread.

red1
07-23-2013, 11:46 PM
So 2 is closer to 0 than it is to 3? :facepalm

****ing retards in this thread.
Simply talking recent history. I started watching basketball in the late 90s as a youngin and even though the knicks had a decent squad for a few seasons, since then the knicks fell of dramatically and were shit for a damn long time. Don't get mad at me, blame your team's management

red1
07-23-2013, 11:47 PM
how??????
knicks-2 rings
heat- 3 rings(earned 0)
clippers- ??????????????
For a team founded in 1946 located in the supposed greatest city in the world, 2 championships is absolute shit and is nothing to be proud of.

Suguru101
07-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Can't believe nobody has said Cleveland yet. You had LeBron for 7 years and couldn't surround him with a proper supporting cast.

Also had the chance to trade for Amar'e(the 2010 team had amazing defense, only needed a legit 2nd offensive option), but didn't do it because they didn't want to include J.J Hickson in the trade, because they thought he had 'potential'.

Also, how do you win 2 times and haven't in 40 years while being in New York? Horrible. Well, Michael Jordan happened. And LeBron is happening.

Fresh Kid
07-24-2013, 12:08 AM
Simply talking recent history. I started watching basketball in the late 90s as a youngin and even though the knicks had a decent squad for a few seasons, since then the knicks fell of dramatically and were shit for a damn long time. Don't get mad at me, blame your team's management
How long were tha raptors shit tho?:lol

Fresh Kid
07-24-2013, 12:09 AM
For a team founded in 1946 located in the supposed greatest city in the world, 2 championships is absolute shit and is nothing to be proud of.
how many times we been to finals and east finals tho??

red1
07-24-2013, 12:10 AM
How long were tha raptors shit tho?:lol
raptors were established in 1995 so obviously not too long

KyleKong
07-24-2013, 12:15 AM
And yet the Hawks franchise who have won only one title (in 1958... and some would even call that "lucky" since the Celtics lost their defensive anchor in that Finals) while in St.Louis and have not even been to the Finals since moving to Atlanta (their last conference title was in 1961) are less disappointing than a team who's won 2 titles and been to 3 other appearances ? At least, that's what your posts are coming of as.

Knicks may have disappointed a lot, but they are far from the most disappointing.

Can't compare Atlanta to New York City.

Jameerthefear
07-24-2013, 12:15 AM
how many times we been to finals and east finals tho??
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Reaching there now buddy

Legends66NBA7
07-24-2013, 12:19 AM
he is actually right

No, they've won titles and have had playoff success. Just not very recent. The Hawks are more comparable to the Clippers. I actually don't mind Knicks vs Bucks vs Warriors comparisons, though.

Can't compare Atlanta to New York City.

How come ? If were just comparing market size, pretty sure Atlanta is top 10 and does have desirable locations. If were just going by results, then the Hawks have suffered the longest in terms of actual victories in the playoffs.

Sarcastic
07-24-2013, 12:21 AM
I started watching basketball in the late 90s as a youngin

Explains everything.

red1
07-24-2013, 12:21 AM
No, they've won titles and have had playoff success. Just not very recent. The Hawks are more comparable to the Clippers. I actually don't mind Knicks vs Bucks vs Warriors comparisons, though.
I am talking about the last 30 years, not what happened in the early 70s. 1980s and onwards is the modern era

Legends66NBA7
07-24-2013, 12:27 AM
I am talking about the last 30 years, not what happened in the early 70s. 1980s and onwards is the modern era

Just to understand clearly... what you gauge in the modern era (which are particularly consider from the start of the 79-80 season) is more impressive than what happened before it ?

I don't agree if that's the case since I view history as a whole, but you are free to have an opinion how ever you like.

KyrieTheFuture
07-24-2013, 01:28 AM
The Bucks and the Knicks are the same level of historical importance almost only New York paid like a billion more dollars

FireDavidKahn
07-24-2013, 01:31 AM
It's easily the Knicks, considering that they havnt won't a championship in 40 years even with all the crutches they've been given: biggest market in the world, getting payment from the Nets when they moved to the NBA, Ewing draft rigging, etc.
Not even close. Tokyo, Seoul, Jakarta, Delhi, Mumbai, Mexico City and Sao Paulo are all bigger.

TonyMontana
07-24-2013, 01:45 AM
2012-2013 Lakers

The biggest failure in pro sports history.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8j4kpzrOc1r195mao1_500.jpg

http://oi44.tinypic.com/1110003.jpg

The facts
-Projected to win Western conference
-Fans talk mad shit and make memes already declaring themselves the future champions.
-Team has to get suspicious officiating vs subpar teams just to make the playoffs. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MhmGyZ7KF0
-Won 0 playoff games.
-Team has 4 first ballot hall of famers in Kobe,Nash,Dwight,Pau and a former DPOY in Artest.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/33aass9.jpg

kamil
07-24-2013, 01:48 AM
2012-2013 Lakers

The biggest failure in pro sports history.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8j4kpzrOc1r195mao1_500.jpg

http://oi44.tinypic.com/1110003.jpg

The facts
-Projected to win Western conference
-Fans talk mad shit and make memes already declaring themselves the future champions.
-Team has to get suspicious officiating vs subpar teams just to make the playoffs. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MhmGyZ7KF0
-Won 0 playoff games.
-Team has 4 first ballot hall of famers in Kobe,Nash,Dwight,Pau and a former DPOY in Artest.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/33aass9.jpg

2010/11 Miami Heat led by LeBron* is a close second.

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
07-24-2013, 01:55 AM
If you're talking about a team then the 2010-2011 Heat no question.

If you're talking about a franchise then I'll say the Celdicks. I mean they dominate the 60's, then they have long droughts of irrelevancy, then go 22 years without a title, then win in 2008 and True Celtics fans started popping out of nowhere:lol . They are nothing compared to the Lakers who are relevant every season. Most overrated franchise in NBA History:facepalm

TheMilkyBarKid
07-24-2013, 01:56 AM
2010/11 Miami Heat led by LeBron* is a close second.
It might have resulted in a LeBron choke, but they actually made the finals and look how theyhave responded to their loss.

TheMilkyBarKid
07-24-2013, 01:57 AM
If you're talking about a team then the 2010-2011 Heat no question. If you're talking about a franchise then I'll say the Celdicks. I mean they dominate the 60's, then they have long droughts of irrelevancy, then go 22 years without a title, then win in 2008 and True Celtics fans started popping out of nowhere:lol . They are nothing compared to the Lakers who are relevant every season. Most overrated franchise in NBA History:facepalm
So the team with the most championships is the most disappointing?

kamil
07-24-2013, 02:00 AM

Dat logic, huh? LOL

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
07-24-2013, 02:01 AM
It is pretty dissapointinf. To go on a 22 season championship drought when you're hailed as the best franchise in NBA history is pathetic in itself. Overrated franchise.

alleykat
07-24-2013, 03:52 AM
Recently? The lakers 2013....
All hype, huge fail...

Some of you guys need to learn what "disappointing" means...

Anyways NYC still got skip2mylou and smush right? Mecca of and1 streetball and throwing the ball thru the legs :bowdown:

SpurrDurr
07-24-2013, 03:59 AM
If we talking about a season i'd say 2013 LAL, everything went wrong.

If we are talking about history of a franchise i gotta say the Knicks.
Only 2 titles with that massive payroll over the years it's simply not enough.

joeyjoejoe
07-24-2013, 05:21 AM

Check......mate.

Clipps made 2nd round in 06 and 12

The JKidd Kid
07-24-2013, 08:35 AM
Some people need to learn what disappointing means. :facepalm

Fresh Kid
07-24-2013, 08:39 AM
Some people need to learn what disappointing means. :facepalm
:lol

EnoughSaid
07-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Knicks fans getting roasted outchea :roll:

Hoopz2332
07-24-2013, 08:43 AM

:oldlol:

Fresh Kid
07-24-2013, 08:45 AM
People just loved to hate on tha knicks I see, stay salty my friend:oldlol:

DukeDelonte13
07-24-2013, 08:46 AM
trading for bargs has to be one one of the most disappointing offseason moves ever.

Hoopz2332
07-24-2013, 08:46 AM
trading for bargs has to be one one of the most disappointing offseason moves ever.

:roll:

Fresh Kid
07-24-2013, 08:47 AM
cleveland fan:lol

Jameerthefear
07-24-2013, 08:48 AM
must suck to be a Knick fan in this thread :D

Fresh Kid
07-24-2013, 08:51 AM
must suck to be a Knick fan in this thread :D
magic fan:roll: I cant breathe! I cant breathe!:roll:

code green
07-24-2013, 08:52 AM
It is pretty dissapointinf. To go on a 22 season championship drought when you're hailed as the best franchise in NBA history is pathetic in itself. Overrated franchise.

We had two potential hall of famers die on us...

Jameerthefear
07-24-2013, 09:05 AM
Magic as a franchise >>>> Knicks

The JKidd Kid
07-24-2013, 12:28 PM

The Magic got f*cked over by 2 7 foot man-children. The Knicks franchise has absolutely no idea what they're doing.

LBJMVP
07-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Can't believe nobody has said Cleveland yet. You had LeBron for 7 years and couldn't surround him with a proper supporting cast.

Also had the chance to trade for Amar'e(the 2010 team had amazing defense, only needed a legit 2nd offensive option), but didn't do it because they didn't want to include J.J Hickson in the trade, because they thought he had 'potential'.

Also, how do you win 2 times and haven't in 40 years while being in New York? Horrible. Well, Michael Jordan happened. And LeBron is happening.
Just popped in to say for the millionth Tim the we didn't turn down a trade because we thought hickson had potential. It was Phoenix who turned it down. April 2013 retard.

Fresh Kid
07-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Magic as a franchise >>>> Knicks
HOW????:lol

Fresh Kid
07-24-2013, 02:45 PM
The Magic got f*cked over by 2 7 foot man-children. The Knicks franchise has absolutely no idea what they're doing.
OK see us in tha playoffs then

Jameerthefear
07-24-2013, 02:47 PM
HOW????:lol
You guys have been here a lot longer than us, and still have little to show for it.

Legends66NBA7
07-24-2013, 02:54 PM
The Celtics aren't overrated. They are Top 2 at worst.

You guys have been here a lot longer than us, and still have little to show for it.

But that doesn't make Orlando better. Miami is the only recent expansion team starting from the mid-80's that can say they are better.

The Celtics have won fewer titles than the Miami Heat since their induction, but the Heat aren't better than them.

Young X
07-24-2013, 03:12 PM
http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/4f9fe6a2eab8ea0c6b00001a/new-york-knicks-nba-playoffs.jpg
They're behind Memphis now tho. :oldlol:

Graviton
07-24-2013, 03:20 PM
2012 Lakers.

Does nobody remember all the cocky douchebag threads before the season? They were supposed to cruise to a ring. 73 wins and everything.:oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
07-24-2013, 05:41 PM
http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/4f9fe6a2eab8ea0c6b00001a/new-york-knicks-nba-playoffs.jpg
They're behind Memphis now tho. :oldlol:

This is actually a thread I made before last season:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281873

Starting with the 99-00 season, Lakers and Spurs followed by Miami have been the most dominant teams.

grantz
07-24-2013, 05:54 PM
What's having the biggest market got to do with team success? Last time I checked, they all are under the same salary cap.

Now, if we get rid of the salary cap, then I can probably see New York winning several titles.

It's just like in football/soccer where there's no salary cap. Some small club like Manchester City gets bought by rich oil sheikh and suddenly become contenders. :lol

Whoah whoah don't get ahead of yourself buddy, that's just crazy talk.