PDA

View Full Version : Hawks to sign Macedonian big man Pero Antic

Grinder
07-24-2013, 08:24 AM
http://www.fiba.com/images/web/Events/12/OQTM/headshots/MKD/_215/Small_PeroANTIC.jpg

I'm surprised by this signing. I know he'll probably be an end of the bench guy but he'll be 31 by the time and didn't shoot the ball that well this past year.

Anyway, here's a quick rundown on the guy. He's around 6'11" with a strong frame and fairly athletic but mostly plays PF. He has some skills on offense, likes to jack up 3s, and can take it to the rack if a guy bites on his pump fakes. He's a pretty good rebounder and defender and hustles a lot. He was a key rotation player for the 2 time defending Euroleague champions and one of the main guys that lead Macedonia to a 4th place finish in the last Eurobasket.

Highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cAnlgq3IX4

BoutPractice
07-24-2013, 08:48 AM
I've always liked him based solely on the fact that he looks like he just escaped from prison.

LJJ
07-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Yap that fool!

morbius
07-24-2013, 09:23 AM
He is actually pretty good, but I have no idea if his game will translate well to the NBA. In Atlanta he'd probably have to play C, but he is more of a PF. I suspect he might be able to crack into the regular rotation, but at this time, it's anyone's guess. :confusedshrug:

HylianNightmare
07-24-2013, 09:25 AM
In b4 euroleague writes a 2 page essay on what a scrub he is

Haymaker
07-24-2013, 09:47 AM

I came here to post this. :oldlol:

R.I.P.
07-24-2013, 10:18 AM

Pretty much a given. He

SpurrDurr
07-24-2013, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Pretty much a given. He

alenleomessi
07-24-2013, 10:40 AM
this is huge. first macedonian ever in the nba. cant wait for the season

duskovujosevic
07-24-2013, 10:47 AM
another euroleague scrub making to the bench in NBA. Scary bench warmer

Euroleague
07-24-2013, 02:47 PM
another euroleague scrub making to the bench in NBA. Scary bench warmer

Don't forget that these days basically every Euroleague player doubles or triples their production when they move to the inferior NBA league.

jzek
07-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Queue Euroleague "this guy is a scrub" because he's now playing in the NBA schtick.

Overdrive
07-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Euro-Boozer.

HylianNightmare
07-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Don't forget that these days basically every Euroleague player doubles or triples their production when they move to the inferior NBA league.

my man

KG215
07-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Don't forget that these days basically every NBA player quadruples or quintuples their production when they move to the inferior Euroleague.

Euroleague
07-24-2013, 03:17 PM
Queue Euroleague "this guy is a scrub" because he's now playing in the NBA schtick.

WTF is wrong with you? I have NEVER called any player from Euroleague a "scrub" unless they actually were a scrub.

If you can find one single post where I ever called a guy from Euroleague that was not a scrub there, "a scrub", then go ahead.

Otherwise STFU.

Antic was not a scrub in Euroleague, so I have NO REASON to say he was. He was a good solid role player in the back to back Euroleague champions Olympiacos (Spanoulis' team).

I have NEVER EVER said ANY Euroleague player was a scrub, unless it is actually TRUE.

If you can't stop making up lies about what i say here, I am going to start reporting your a$$ for abuse. I am tired of it. You have been making up this same lie about me in like 15 posts now.

Euroleague
07-24-2013, 03:19 PM
http://www.fiba.com/images/web/Events/12/OQTM/headshots/MKD/_215/Small_PeroANTIC.jpg

I'm surprised by this signing. I know he'll probably be an end of the bench guy but he'll be 31 by the time and didn't shoot the ball that well this past year.

Anyway, here's a quick rundown on the guy. He's around 6'11" with a strong frame and fairly athletic but mostly plays PF. He has some skills on offense, likes to jack up 3s, and can take it to the rack if a guy bites on his pump fakes. He's a pretty good rebounder and defender and hustles a lot. He was a key rotation player for the 2 time defending Euroleague champions and one of the main guys that lead Macedonia to a 4th place finish in the last Eurobasket.

Highlights:

That's because you are an idiot and you don't know shit about European basketball. Any rotation player in Euroleague can play in the NBA with absolute ease.

But you are just a total troll and manipulate everything here. ANY rotation player of Olympiacos roster in last 2 years would be playing in NBA EASILY.

You are just a super dumb ass and a troll.

Euroleague
07-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Don't forget that these days basically every NBA player quadruples or quintuples their production when they move to the inferior Euroleague.

Antic was cut by Olympiacos. Now he's playing in the NBA. Oh, and he was a role player on the same team where Spanoulis is the star.

Sorry, I didn't mean to put you on suicide watch.

kNicKz
07-24-2013, 03:27 PM
That's because you are an idiot and you don't know shit about European basketball. Any rotation player in Euroleague can play in the NBA with absolute ease.

But you are just a total troll and manipulate everything here. ANY rotation player of Olympiacos roster in last 2 years would be playing in NBA EASILY.

The MVP of your team averaged like 2 points in the NBA, but your role players would play with ease? Interesting

Grinder
07-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Euroleague's twitter: http://twitter.com/theactualrt

Enjoy :lol

Euroleague
07-24-2013, 03:37 PM
The MVP of your team averaged like 2 points in the NBA, but your role players would play with ease? Interesting

Olympiacos of last 2 years would beat Miami in a 7 game series.

hawkfan
07-24-2013, 03:37 PM
The big part of signing this guy is does mean that the Hawks are out of the Greg Oden running? With Horford, Millsap, Brand, our first round pick and then this guy, minutes at the bigs will be limited for other players.

FreezingTsmoove
07-24-2013, 03:39 PM

:bowdown:

kNicKz
07-24-2013, 03:40 PM

:roll:

Euroleague
07-24-2013, 03:44 PM

Pero Antic Euroleague stats

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=BAE&seasoncode=E2012

Olympiacos Team stats

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/teams/showteamstats?pcode=BAE&clubcode=OLY&seasoncode=E2012

One of the lesser role players of Olympiacos is in the NBA. And he's better than 2/3 of the Heat's roster from the last couple of years.

kNicKz
07-24-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty sure a solid NCAA mens basketball team could compete in Europe

edit: Womens too actually. Griner would go ham

Euroleague
07-24-2013, 03:46 PM

Yes. They could. And they would go 0-10 in the group stage, losing every game by about 50 points.

Xiao Yao You
07-24-2013, 03:51 PM

Going to have a hard time even getting on the floor behind Horford, Millsao and Brand.

Haymaker
07-24-2013, 03:51 PM

Euroleague is cool :rockon:

hangintheair
07-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Here come's the Bullshit!

Wally450
07-24-2013, 03:58 PM
That "would beat Miami in 7" line had me rolling :roll: :roll:

Marchesk
07-24-2013, 04:26 PM

Depends on whether they had a Boris Diaw kind of stopper.

DuMa
07-24-2013, 04:27 PM
oh hey. another euro scrub to replace zaza with

Rooster
07-24-2013, 06:26 PM

Most of them are summer league scrubs:facepalm

Bo, Hines, Bobby Brown

Even Euroleague MVPs like Joseph Blair and Nate Huffman:oldlol: :bowdown:

Were summer league scrubs:oldlol:

qrich
07-24-2013, 06:28 PM

I was thinking quad-double equal to YMCA seasons

Nash
07-24-2013, 06:41 PM
All the best players from Euroleague would in the NBA right now if it wasn't for the fact that NBA teams are not allowed to spend to buy them out of their contracts. It would exactly be like soccer where all the best players go to the best leagues. Euroleague should be happy about the restrictions NBA teams have.

CavaliersFTW
07-24-2013, 07:43 PM

Euroleague
07-24-2013, 09:20 PM
All the best players from Euroleague would in the NBA right now if it wasn't for the fact that NBA teams are not allowed to spend to buy them out of their contracts. It would exactly be like soccer where all the best players go to the best leagues. Euroleague should be happy about the restrictions NBA teams have.

RIGHT.............

All the best players in Europe are going to take gigantic pay cuts to play in the NBA, "if they just could".................

:lol

hawkfan
07-24-2013, 09:48 PM

The NBA should consider changing that restriction.
It would bring more talent to the U.S., guys who can actually produce on their contracts, versus now where teams have to overpay players to get them to leave teams or to meet the salary cap.

deja vu
07-24-2013, 11:02 PM
Now you're officially insane. :roll:

I thought you were just trolling when you said that Spanoulis is more athletic than Rose and Westbrook combined, but this post tops it. :lol

Dr.J4ever
07-24-2013, 11:37 PM
Now you're officially insane. :roll:

I thought you were just trolling when you said that Spanoulis is more athletic than Rose and Westbrook combined, but this post tops it. :lol

:roll: Olympiacos lost to Panathanaikos in a 5 game series(Greek League Finals) about a month ago after winning the Euroleague Championship.

Rooster
07-25-2013, 12:28 AM
:roll: Olympiacos lost to Panathanaikos in a 5 game series(Greek League Finals) about a month ago after winning the Euroleague Championship.

But but but they are missing a healthy Acie Law.:oldlol: :oldlol:

Olympiakos is not the same with an :oldlol: injured Acie Law.

Just like the Heat with Wade.:oldlol:

pejavelin
07-25-2013, 02:33 AM
good good :lol keep it going

AintNoSunshine
07-25-2013, 03:44 AM

Highlights:

:oldlol:

JerryWest
07-25-2013, 07:01 AM
Euroleague ethered everyone on this thread :bowdown:

madmax
07-25-2013, 07:20 AM

edit: Womens too actually. Griner would go ham

:lol :roll:

Burgz V2
07-25-2013, 12:15 PM

you just dont quit. i applaud at least for consistent.

however i ridicule you for being an idiot.

Grinder
07-26-2013, 02:41 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/26/hawks-sign-pero-antic/

Quote from Antic:

“This time, for myself, I don’t want to say that I had a chance but didn’t go (to the NBA),” Antic said. “This is for myself, for a bigger challenge, and this is the biggest challenge you can get.”

Antic said he sees himself as a power forward who can spread the floor with his ability to shoot and who will get rebounds. He added that he will play center if that is what the Hawks need him to do.

“Pero is a skilled and versatile big man who will add depth to our frontcourt,” general manager Danny Ferry said in a statement. “He will fit in well with what we’re building and we’re excited to add him to the team.”

Video interview: http://www.nba.com/hawks/video/2013/07/25/PEROINTROINTERVIEWmov-2550529

Hobbies: cars and tattoos :lol

CavaliersFTW
07-26-2013, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=Grinder]http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/26/hawks-sign-pero-antic/

Quote from Antic:

hawkfan
07-26-2013, 02:50 PM
So Danny Ferry spent 6.7 million on a 32 year old Kyle Korver, spent 4 million on a 34 year old Elton Brand and however much on this guy, instead of giving Andrew Bynum a contract and guaranteeing him more money than Cleveland.

:wtf:

So the Hawks draft John Jenkins and then put him 3rd on the depth chart at shooting guard behind a 32 year old Korver and smallish Louis Williams, when they should have let Jenkins get minutes to see how good he can be and then spent that money on Bynum.

Xiao Yao You
07-26-2013, 06:53 PM
So Danny Ferry spent 6.7 million on a 32 year old Kyle Korver, spent 4 million on a 34 year old Elton Brand and however much on this guy, instead of giving Andrew Bynum a contract and guaranteeing him more money than Cleveland.

Bynum didn't play last year and his knees aren't getting any better. Not really hard to understand. Cleveland's owner can risk the money.

So the Hawks draft John Jenkins and then put him 3rd on the depth chart at shooting guard behind a 32 year old Korver and smallish Louis Williams, when they should have let Jenkins get minutes to see how good he can be and then spent that money on Bynum.

Jenkins can earn his time. If not there's always the D-League for him. Williams is an inch shorter I think and a proven 6th man. Listed at 215 it doesn't sound like Jenkins is any kind of beast himself. His numbers look decent.