PDA

View Full Version : melo vs bosh

red1
07-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Who is the better player? Coming into the 03 nba draft it was a no brainer to draft melo first but if we were to redo the draft I personally would take bosh first and then to try to pair him up with a defensive centre. Thoughts?

NumberSix
07-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Bosh.

imdaman99
07-24-2013, 09:58 PM
since we're on that trip, how many playoff games did bosh win with the raptors? oh thats right, he colluded with 2 superstars. maybe melo should have taken a shortcut and gone to the lakers or clippers.

FreezingTsmoove
07-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Bosh no question

NumberSix
07-24-2013, 10:01 PM
since we're on that trip, how many playoff games did bosh win with the raptors? oh thats right, he colluded with 2 superstars. maybe melo should have taken a shortcut and gone to the lakers or clippers.
Maybe. Sure as fcuk ain't winning shit with the Knicks.

SilkkTheShocker
07-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Bosh.

Melo isn't someone you can with playing a big role. Than again, its not like Bosh contributed much the last two rounds of the playoffs.

SilkkTheShocker
07-24-2013, 10:04 PM

Melo forced his way to NYC. I love how Knicks fans try to paint him as some type of hero. He wanted max money but he didn't want it in Denver.

imdaman99
07-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Maybe. Sure as fcuk ain't winning shit with the Knicks.
you're probably right, JR smith does not make a very good #2 come playoff time.

WayOfWade
07-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Well, 2 rings > 0 rings.

NumberSix
07-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Well, 2 rings > 0 rings.
It would be different if Melo had an MVP, awesome stats or something or even lead a team to the finals. Problem is, he has nothing. Even if they are 2 sidekick rings, you have to put that over Melo's 0 accolades. Oh sorry, he has a scoring title.

Bosh > Melo

thabisyo
07-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Well, 2 rings > 0 rings.

Bosh was better than melo before the rings

imdaman99
07-24-2013, 10:19 PM
This message is hidden because thabisyo is on your ignore list. :oldlol:

guys do yourselves a favor and click the link underneath. braincells will be saved :cheers:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=286312

NumberSix
07-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Bosh is a good player who helps a team win. Melo is a good player who prevents a team from winning.

Case in point. Would you really expect any Heat fan to trade Bosh for Melo?

Snoop_Cat
07-24-2013, 10:24 PM
LOL. Bosh was above .500 once in an extremely weak East. He couldn't win playoff games because he couldn't even make it to the playoffs.

thabisyo
07-24-2013, 10:26 PM
This message is hidden because thabisyo is on your ignore list. :oldlol:

guys do yourselves a favor and click the link underneath. braincells will be saved :cheers:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=286312

Melo sucks, get over it and move on. Your knicks sucks too, Move on:confusedshrug:

LikeABosh
07-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Whats funny is Melo forced his way to NY in hopes of playing with Amare and CP3

secund2nun
07-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Bosh easily.

Electric Slide
07-24-2013, 10:29 PM
I'll take this guy

http://i.imgur.com/L3j9c.gif

AintNoSunshine
07-24-2013, 11:59 PM
give me the 2 time champion anyday

NewYorkNoPicks
07-25-2013, 12:05 AM
I really want to fight some of you people sometimes... Literally just break your noses and leave you concussed

Trolls with that Robet Horry logic.... Horry = Hall of Famer 7 Rings zomgggg his 6ppg career avg is irrelevant

OldSkoolball#52
07-25-2013, 12:16 AM
I really want to fight some of you people sometimes... Literally just break your noses and leave you concussed

Trolls with that Robet Horry logic.... Horry = Hall of Famer 7 Rings zomgggg his 6ppg career avg is irrelevant

Horry >>>>> JR Smif, u mad?

thabisyo
07-25-2013, 12:35 AM
Horry >>>>> JR Smif, u mad?

He is mad :roll:

Legends66NBA7
07-25-2013, 12:47 AM
Who is the better player? Coming into the 03 nba draft it was a no brainer to draft melo first but if we were to redo the draft I personally would take bosh first and then to try to pair him up with a defensive centre. Thoughts?

Starting a franchise, you have to go with the better talent/more marketable player for the franchise/one who will get you to the playoffs. Building around the player comes afterwards and it's not always about the right fit.

Anthony has always been better than Bosh, so I don't see any reason what a proper fit would do take him over Anthony. Hell, even with the proper fit, I would just need a good/great PG to be his second best player alongside Anthony and that team goes deep.

thabisyo
07-25-2013, 12:48 AM
Bosh over Melo all day, everyday
Bosh over karl malone on sundays :lol

OldSkoolball#52
07-25-2013, 12:50 AM
. Hell, even with the proper fit, I would just need a good/great PG to be his second best player alongside Anthony and that team goes deep.

You mean like an Allen Iverson or Chauncey Billups type?

GrapeApe
07-25-2013, 01:02 AM

This isn't a Robert Horry scenario. Bosh is an 8 time all star. He's also unselfish enough to play out of position while sacrificing individual numbers for the good of the team. Not sure Melo would ever be willing to do that.

Legends66NBA7
07-25-2013, 01:46 AM
Billups type since that was a good fit and prime Iverson is better, so he wouldn't be the choice in this case.

This isn't a Robert Horry scenario. Bosh is an 8 time all star. He's also unselfish enough to play out of position while sacrificing individual numbers for the good of the team. Not sure Melo would ever be willing to do that.

This is about who's better and starting franchise player. Not Bosh defering to superior players like James and Wade.

ClutchOver9000
07-25-2013, 03:33 AM
What else is new, ISH gonna ISH...but I'll bite anyway...

Melo = NCAA champion and NCAA Finals MVP (Most Outstanding Player) as the lead dog on an underdog Syracuse team. Never averaged under 20 ppg in his pro career.

Bosh = 11 ppg his rookie year & 17 ppg his sophomore yr.

Melo = 1 time scoring champ, 6x all-star with 6 All-NBA teams (twice to 2nd team, four times to 3rd team). 4x Player of the Month. 3x Olympian. Rookie Challenge MVP. All-Rookie First Team.

Bosh = 8x all-star, one All-NBA selection (2nd team). 1 time Player of the Month. 1 time Olympian. All-Rookie First Team.

Melo also had a very strong case for ROY but the LBJ hype-machine was in full swing back then.

Melo = not much playoff success but he has NEVER missed the postseason. Do I even need to go there w/ Bosh? He couldn't lead Toronto anywhere in the shitty east while Melo had to go through eventual champs in LA and SA out west.

Bosh's two rings should have little if any weight to this argument. He won them as a 3rd option on a team w/ a potential top 5 player of all time + potentially the 2nd best SG of all time. Melo's best teammates were out of his prime AI & eternally injured no defense-playing Amare Stoudemire.

Bosh deferring as a reason as to why he's the better player is retarded. "Better" signifies skill, production, ability to lead a team, impact. Melo is superior to Bosh in the first two categories & although he may be lacking somewhat in the last two categories...he's still better than Bosh.

SpurrDurr
07-25-2013, 04:44 AM
I'd take Bosh. I really don't like Melo's game so i'm pretty biased.

But i value big men a lot and except for last POs Bosh is really a great PF.

raprap
07-25-2013, 04:49 AM
Gimme Bosh

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 04:50 AM
28 replies in this thread, and it's 99% Lebron dck riding fakkits. This is what ISH has become. :facepalm

KyleKong
07-25-2013, 05:12 AM
28 replies in this thread, and it's 99% Lebron dck riding fakkits. This is what ISH has become. :facepalm

Bosh is a great team player and a great all-star, Melo is just a winner until it comes to playoff time. :confusedshrug:

Legends66NBA7
07-25-2013, 05:25 AM
If Anthony plays alongside James and Wade, he's going to win rings too. Infact, the mis-matches each player brings on offense, it would be insane to guard them.

retaxis
07-25-2013, 07:10 AM
Lets look at this from different perspectives

I am a owner and I want a player to help earn my franchise money so I pick the more exciting big time scorer melo.

If i want to win and get the right pieces together I want someone like Bosh who is able to sacrifice and space the floor while playing very good defense.

NewYorkNoPicks
07-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Bosh didnt deserve half those allstar selections!

He was a defacto allstar due to the weakness of his position in the Eastern Conference a la Joe johnson!

Bosh has and always will be overrated

SOFT AS THEY COME!

Below average defender

A Finnese power forward without true finnese skills! Hes not Lamarcus Aldridge!

Boshs post game cant even be considered strong and thats considering the mid post! His low post game? Non existent

Can Bosh truly create his own shot? Not really and in tw few instances he can hos offense isnt that dynamic.

He cant carry a team on his own while Melo can

Melo is elite in every aspect of scoring in the game and only Kobe can rival his one on one prowess.

Melo has heart, never afraid to take the game winner and has made te most in the nba since 2003.

Melo plays hard and tough, hell bang down low, crash the boards, foght for second opportunities.

Bosh is Antawn Jamison at this point

SilkkTheShocker
07-25-2013, 08:40 AM
I have criticized Bosh a ton the last month. He played like shit in the playoffs and people always give him excuses for it. But I still wouldn't replace him with a loser like Melo. No NBA team is competing for a title with Melo the best player.

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 09:42 AM
I have criticized Bosh a ton the last month. He played like shit in the playoffs and people always give him excuses for it. But I still wouldn't replace him with a loser like Melo. No NBA team is competing for a title with Melo the best player.

And a team with Bosh will barely make the playoffs, as in his time with the Raptors in the shitty Eastern Conference, while Melo made the playoffs every year of his career in a much tougher Western Conference.

Legends66NBA7
07-25-2013, 11:41 AM
If i want to win and get the right pieces together I want someone like Bosh who is able to sacrifice and space the floor while playing very good defense.

This whole thread topic is about what both can and will do as the franchise player. What right pieces are you going to get while Bosh remains as the #1 option ? If he's going to sacrifice his game for superior players, than he's not the franchise player and can only succeed as the 2nd or 3rd option... and so far it's only been as a third option.

You replace Anthony on the Heat with Bosh from 2010 and the trio of James/Wade/Anthony probably get 3 rings by now. So far, no team is competing with Bosh as the best player either.

scm5
07-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Bosh is better.

FreezingTsmoove
07-25-2013, 12:20 PM

Chris Bosh is a 8x all star and 2x NBA champion. What case does Melo have

SilkkTheShocker
07-25-2013, 12:21 PM

2013 NBA Scoring Title :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

FreezingTsmoove
07-25-2013, 12:21 PM
This whole thread topic is about what both can and will do as the franchise player. What right pieces are you going to get while Bosh remains as the #1 option ? If he's going to sacrifice his game for superior players, than he's not the franchise player and can only succeed as the 2nd or 3rd option... and so far it's only been as a third option.

You replace Anthony on the Heat with Bosh from 2010 and the trio of James/Wade/Anthony probably get 3 rings by now. So far, no team is competing with Bosh as the best player either.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :roll: :lol

Melo winning a ring

:oldlol:

FreezingTsmoove
07-25-2013, 12:24 PM
2013 NBA Scoring Title :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Weak accolade. Everyone knows if Durant, Kobe, Lebron, gunned for the award like Melo there wouldn't even be a contest. It would look something like

Durant - 34.5 ppg
Kobe 33 ppg
Lebron - 30 ppg
Westbrook - 29 ppg

Legends66NBA7
07-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Yeah, inplace of Bosh's role, he would ring(s). What's so laughable about that ?

:confusedshrug:

Bigsmoke
07-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Bosh only played in half of the games in the playoffs when he won his first ring and averaged 12/7 including contributing 0 points in game 7 in the FInals while getting horribly shitted on Roy Hibbert and David West in the ECFs in his recent championship success.

imdaman99
07-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Bosh only played in half of the games in the playoffs when he won his first ring and averaged 12/7 including contributing 0 points in game 7 in the FInals while getting horribly shitted on Roy Hibbert and David West in the ECFs in his recent championship success.
exactly. these lebron dck riders value him because without him they dont beat okc or the spurs (i am talking about without him, and no one replaces him except whos on the team right now) when its convenient. but when its time to push the lebron agenda, they make fun of bosh and his 0 pts in game 7. most this forum has an anti-melo and anti-NYC agenda, which I get. NYC is the greatest city in the world, they should be jealous.

SilkkTheShocker
07-25-2013, 12:45 PM

This is where I think Bosh gets overrated. People let him hide behind the "plays with Bron/Wade" card too much. Wade was hurt and Miami needed Bosh to step it up and he shit the bed instead. He was absolutely atrocious the last two rounds and he gets praised for "taking a backseat".

Legends66NBA7
07-25-2013, 01:07 PM
NYC is the greatest city in the world, they should be jealous.

That's entirely subjective.

The New York Knicks criticism comes from their management/ownership making horrendous moves in the most recent years and not winning titles for an extended period of time, despite being in the biggest market.

They have the highest luxury tax from 2001-present with $205,250,551 (Dallas is second with about $44+ million away) and have 1 playoff series win and 7 playoff wins total during that span. Not to mention, the fans on here are at times act arrogant and annoying, which cause more to actually dislike them, not 'jealous' because of their city.

Bigsmoke
07-25-2013, 01:11 PM
. NYC is the greatest city in the world, they should be jealous.

a little too expensive for my liking.

I want to go visit there once the One World Trade Center is finished. they saying that its gonna be much taller than the Willis Tower.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 01:19 PM
NYC is the greatest city in the world, they should be jealous.
Sorry, but no city that has winter is even in the conversation for greatest city.

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 01:29 PM

Kevin Durant put Melo in his top 5. I think he knows more about basketball than you or any other poster on this site.

Legends66NBA7
07-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Sorry, but no city that has winter is even in the conversation for greatest city.

That's also subjective.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 01:42 PM
That's also subjective.
Of course it is. Everything about "the greatest city in the world" is subjective. I'm sure there are people who think Montreal is the best city.

Legends66NBA7
07-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Of course it is. Everything about "the greatest city in the world" is subjective. I'm sure there are people who think Montreal is the best city.

True, I'm just saying.

I'm sure Montreal pops up for the people living there. I've been there a couple times for the night scene.

In terms of winter whether places, Norway and Sweden are definitely up there IMO.

Bigsmoke
07-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Kevin Durant put Melo in his top 5. I think he knows more about basketball than you or any other poster on this site.

they are both from Maryland

of couse they are going to have some respect towards another

Bigsmoke
07-25-2013, 01:52 PM

it doesnt even get that cold in New York City compare to the kinds of winters that we get in the midwest.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 01:55 PM
But what if there are basketball players who don't put Melo in the top 5? How can either of them be wrong if they both know what they're talking about?

Maybe we should just ask Michael Jordan who he would draft. That's the only way to know for sure who is a good player.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 01:57 PM
it doesnt even get that cold in New York City compare to the kinds of winters that we get in the midwest.
And Mexico isn't that poor compared to Palestine.

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 02:11 PM
they are both from Maryland

of couse they are going to have some respect towards another

Yep. He said that just because he is from Maryland. His ability to basketball had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

On ISH Melo is the worst basketball player in the world, yet the Lebron James has said he would love to play with Melo. I wonder why the best player would want to play with such a loser?

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Yep. He said that just because he is from Maryland. His ability to basketball had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

On ISH Melo is the worst basketball player in the world, yet the Lebron James has said he would love to play with Melo. I wonder why the best player would want to play with such a loser?
No, he's not the worst. But he's not one of the best either.

Bigsmoke
07-25-2013, 02:16 PM
And Mexico isn't that poor compared to Palestine.

the average high in NYC in the winter time is 40 degrees

that is not even all that cold.

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 02:37 PM
No, he's not the worst. But he's not one of the best either.

According to Durant he is.

Oh I forgot. You know more about basketball than Kevin Durant.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 02:46 PM

I didn't know Kevin Durant was the official authority on basketball player rankings. What happens whenever another player has a different opinion from Durant? Does Durants opinion automatically trump every other players opinions? What happens when 2 experts have differing opinions?

DaSeba5
07-25-2013, 02:54 PM

Melo is obviously the better player, but I'm not sure why Durant is being brought up. His opinion is just an opinion, and if somebody like MJ said Bosh was better, does that mean he is? No. Playing basketball doesn't give anyone a distinct advantage in opinion over others if they know basketball.

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Melo is obviously the better player, but I'm not sure why Durant is being brought up. His opinion is just an opinion, and if somebody like MJ said Bosh was better, does that mean he is? No. Playing basketball doesn't give anyone a distinct advantage in opinion over others if they know basketball.

This entire forum is built on opinions. That's what it is here for. So I am bringing up the opinion of one of the best basketball players on the planet. His opinion is actually based on experience playing against him, as opposed to the opinions of the Lebron dick suckers that infest this forum.

DaSeba5
07-25-2013, 03:03 PM
This entire forum is built on opinions. That's what it is here for. So I am bringing up the opinion of one of the best basketball players on the planet. His opinion is actually based on experience playing against him, as opposed to the opinions of the Lebron dick suckers that infest this forum.

True, but Durant isn't going to say that he's an overrated shot chucker who is a career loser in the playoffs in public like a basketball fan would say. I'm not saying Durant doesn't have credibility, but players aren't going to give an analysis and say negative things about other players as much as a fan would.

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 03:03 PM
I didn't know Kevin Durant was the official authority on basketball player rankings. What happens whenever another player has a different opinion from Durant? Does Durants opinion automatically trump every other players opinions? What happens when 2 experts have differing opinions?

And your opinion is?

The question was completely subjective. If the question were objective as in "which player has more rings", then the answer is Bosh. But asking who is better is based on opinions. Why would you disregard the opinion of one of the best basketball players in the world?

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 03:04 PM
True, but Durant isn't going to say that he's an overrated shot chucker who is a career loser in the playoffs in public like a basketball fan would say. I'm not saying Durant doesn't have credibility, but it's still just an opinion.

That's another opinion.

SilkkTheShocker
07-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Sarcastic, MELO IS CHUCKING CANCER THAT WILL NEVER LEAD A TEAM TO A TITLE.

That is all.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 03:16 PM
And your opinion is?

The question was completely subjective. If the question were objective as in "which player has more rings", then the answer is Bosh. But asking who is better is based on opinions. Why would you disregard the opinion of one of the best basketball players in the world?
Because I have the ability to form my own opinions. If I was just going to use some other persons opinion, how do I decide who's opinion to use? Why pick Durant of all people? Why not CP3 or or Paul pierce? Why is Durants opinion the one I should assume is correct? He's not the only person who knows the game. It's not like every good player in the NBA has the exact same top 5.

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Because I have the ability to form my own opinions. If I was just going to use some other persons opinion, how do I decide who's opinion to use? Why pick Durant of all people? Why not CP3 or or Paul pierce? Why is Durants opinion the one I should assume is correct? He's not the only person who knows the game. It's not like every good player in the NBA has the exact same top 5.

I would wager that if you asked this question to the 400+ NBA players, the vast majority would say Melo is the better player.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 03:42 PM
I would wager that if you asked this question to the 400+ NBA players, the vast majority would say Melo is the better player.
Possibly. But who's opinion should count for more? A player who says Bosh is better or Durant who says Melo is better?

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Sarcastic, MELO IS CHUCKING CANCER THAT WILL NEVER LEAD A TEAM TO A TITLE.

That is all.

Another opinion, and I don't put much merit to the opinion of a man that has an unhealthy obsession for another man, and fcks blow up dolls.

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Possibly. But who's opinion should count for more? A player who says Bosh is better or Durant who says Melo is better?

I'm just going by sheer numbers, not saying that one should count more than the other. If you know of a star player the caliber of Durant that would take Bosh ahead of Anthony, I wouldn't doubt it and I would like to hear his opinion.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm just going by sheer numbers, not saying that one should count more than the other. If you know of a star player the caliber of Durant that would take Bosh ahead of Anthony, I wouldn't doubt it and I would like to hear his opinion.
No you're not. You're going by hypothetical numbers you're assuming the would go the way you think.

kNicKz
07-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Some people fail to realize that you have to make the playoffs to be a "loser" in them

Legends66NBA7
07-25-2013, 04:42 PM
I don't think there was a season when they were both first options that Bosh was better than Anthony.

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 04:51 PM
No you're not. You're going by hypothetical numbers you're assuming the would go the way you think.

But I am so sure that I am willing to wager money. Would you be willing to bet money that Bosh would get more votes, if it were possible to poll all the players?

Obviously you will say yes, knowing full well that you will never really have to.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 05:00 PM
But I am so sure that I am willing to wager money. Would you be willing to bet money that Bosh would get more votes, if it were possible to poll all the players?

Obviously you will say yes, knowing full well that you will never really have to.
Yes. I wager 1 trillion dollars. Now, how exactly do we do this survey?

DaSeba5
07-25-2013, 05:10 PM
That's another opinion.

The point is a player like Durant isn't going to say negative things about Melo in public like an NBA fan. I was simply giving you an example of what an NBA fan would say about Melo.

StocktonFan
07-25-2013, 05:13 PM
bosh is 10 fold better than melo

only nyc nut huggers would disagree

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 05:20 PM
The point is a player like Durant isn't going to say negative things about Melo in public like an NBA fan. I was simply giving you an example of what an NBA fan would say about Melo.

What does that have to do with Durant putting Melo in his top 5 players in the NBA, while at the same time leaving out his own teammate? Are you saying NBA fans know more about basketball than Durant does? I don't think we do.

I think his opinion has a lot to do with actual experience playing against these guys and thinking "this is a hard match up for me", and not the way ISH formulates their opinions of players thinking "I wanna suck that players dick, he's my favorite player" or "he's fat, so I don't like him".

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 05:31 PM
What does that have to do with Durant putting Melo in his top 5 players in the NBA, while at the same time leaving out his own teammate? Are you saying NBA fans know more about basketball than Durant does? I don't think we do.

I think his opinion has a lot to do with actual experience playing against these guys and thinking "this is a hard match up for me", and not the way ISH formulates their opinions of players thinking "I wanna suck that players dick, he's my favorite player" or "he's fat, so I don't like him".
Why is Durant the only player who's opinion matters to you?

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 07:46 PM
Why is Durant the only player who's opinion matters to you?

It's not. Show me some players that put Bosh in the top 5 or even top 10, and I will be happy to listen to what they have to say.

Inferno
07-25-2013, 07:47 PM
Melo.

imdaman99
07-25-2013, 07:48 PM
It's not. Show me some players that put Bosh in the top 5 or even top 10, and I will be happy to listen to what they have to say.
i wonder if duncan would put him in his top 5 after holding him to 0 pts :confusedshrug:

he just might... for the gay factor.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 07:51 PM
Alonzo mourning and scottie pippen said LeBron is the best player to ever lace 'me up. I somehow get the feeling you're not as willing to take their word for it the way you are with Durant (who happens to be complementing your guy)

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 07:56 PM
Alonzo mourning said LeBron is the best player to ever lace 'me up. I somehow get the feeling you're not as willing to take his word for it the way you are with Durant (who happens to be complementing your guy)

He's entitled to his opinion, and there are others that echo it as well. I don't agree with it, and there are more that put Jordan at the top than there are people that put LeBron at #1.

This doesn't have anything to do with LeBron, but just like every Bron dick sucker you can't go more than a few minutes without bringing him up.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 07:59 PM
He's entitled to his opinion, and there are others that echo it as well. I don't agree with it, and there are more that put Jordan at the top than there are people that put LeBron at #1.

This doesn't have anything to do with LeBron, but just like every Bron dick sucker you can't go more than a few minutes without bringing him up.
How bout dat LeBron? Day boy good.

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 08:03 PM
My retort to Alonzo's opinion is that I could name more players that put Jordan at #1.

Your retort to Durant is "why does his opinion matter?"

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 08:09 PM
My retort to Alonzo's opinion is that I could name more players that put Jordan at #1.

Your retort to Durant is "why does his opinion matter?"
No, my point about Durant is that your just cherry picking one persons opinion to suit your purpose. If Durant said Melo was good but not elite, you wouldn't give a shit about what Durant had to say.

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 08:16 PM
No, my point about Durant is that your just cherry picking one persons opinion to suit your purpose. If Durant said Melo was good but not elite, you wouldn't give a shit about what Durant had to say.

If it were cherry picking it would have ignored a negative statement and only highlighted the positive. It's just an example, and not a cherry pick.

I've challenged you to show me players that put Bosh ahead, and you've avoided at every turn.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 08:21 PM
If it were cherry picking it would have ignored a negative statement and only highlighted the positive. It's just an example, and not a cherry pick.

I've challenged you to show me players that put Bosh ahead, and you've avoided at every turn.
When have any players specifically talked about who is better between Melo and Bosh?

Sarcastic
07-25-2013, 08:30 PM
When have any players specifically talked about who is better between Melo and Bosh?

Just give me someone that puts him in the top 5.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Just give me someone that puts him in the top 5.
Who, Bosh? Why would anybody put Chris Bosh in the top 5?

TheReal Kendall
07-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Lame thread bro.

These 2 don't even play the same position.

red1
07-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Damn. Nobody likes melo other than new yorkers. I always felt that he was a bit overrrated but now he is underrated if anything

red1
07-25-2013, 11:19 PM
I would still take bosh first tho lmao. High-scoring swingmen are usually more entertaning to watch than bigs so melo will always sell more jerseys but I am now of the opinion that bostrich is actually the better player

imdaman99
07-25-2013, 11:59 PM
I would still take bosh first tho lmao. High-scoring swingmen are usually more entertaning to watch than bigs so melo will always sell more jerseys but I am now of the opinion that bostrich is actually the better player
so you're telling me that if you swap melo and bosh, the knicks actually beat the pacers? does he somehow make JR smith stop shooting 20%? i remember how bosh got manhandled against the pacers, even though he was on the heat. i suppose somehow bosh finds a way to sweep the pacers and the heat lose in the 1st round because they have melo instead of bosh.

great analysis :bowdown: didnt know toronto still had so much love for bosh.
who knew ppl would rather have a 3rd option than a 1st option? ish, where ish happens.

TheCorporation
07-26-2013, 12:23 AM
Hasn't Melo been busted like 42 times in the 1st round? :lol

And, didn't he help contribute to the longest losing streak in NBA playoffs history? :lol

Yeah...

Legends66NBA7
07-26-2013, 12:26 AM
didnt know toronto still had so much love for bosh.

Most have moved on. I actually knew after 08 he wasn't good enough to be the #1 guy and make take his own team far.

red1
07-26-2013, 12:34 AM
Most have moved on. I actually knew after 08 he wasn't good enough to be the #1 guy and make take his own team far.
Are you serious? We never put shit around him, who was the second best player he played with after his rookie season? Bargnani? Calderon? Of course he wouldnt be doing shit with the defensively-inept trash rosters he had. Melo has always played with FAAAAR more talent than what bostrich had here

red1
07-26-2013, 12:38 AM
so you're telling me that if you swap melo and bosh, the knicks actually beat the pacers? does he somehow make JR smith stop shooting 20%? i remember how bosh got manhandled against the pacers, even though he was on the heat. i suppose somehow bosh finds a way to sweep the pacers and the heat lose in the 1st round because they have melo instead of bosh.

great analysis :bowdown: didnt know toronto still had so much love for bosh.
who knew ppl would rather have a 3rd option than a 1st option? ish, where ish happens.
I also think melo is underrated. And I dont think it is an excuse when pointing out the fact that hibbert outweighs bosh by at least 50 pounds. No player in the league is forced to play out of position as much as bosh. Have you ever played someone who is that much larger and heavier than you? That shit drains all of your energy.

secund2nun
07-26-2013, 12:57 AM
Why is Melo so overrated???? Bc he plays for big market NY? Bc he is a flashy player? Bc the hype he has had since HS???

The guy is so overrated. The one supposed talent he has (scoring) he is not even good in. He is an inefficient chucker. He is good in rebounding. That's it. Other than that he sucks in every other aspect of the game. No wonder Denver didn't get worse without him. He is the poster boy of overrated perimeter players along with Kobe, Rose, Paul George etc.

Legends66NBA7
07-26-2013, 12:58 AM
Are you serious? We never put shit around him, who was the second best player he played with after his rookie season? Bargnani? Calderon? Of course he wouldnt be doing shit with the defensively-inept trash rosters he had. Melo has always played with FAAAAR more talent than what bostrich had here

TJ Ford, IMO, was the best pick up. Bargnani and Bosh played too similar which is why it never worked. Calderon was also way too passive and soft. We both know Toronto's management blows, but I just never saw the qualities or significant quality that pushes a weak or strong team over the top. And mind you, he can't surpassed by another player in this instance.

You're right that Anthony did have more talent on his teams when both were first options but he also played in a harder conference. His Nuggets in 07-08 were the 8th seed despite winning 50+ games. Don't see Bosh doing that in his place.

Young X
07-26-2013, 01:03 AM
^ Jose is underrated, yea he was passive, but he was efficient. BC is an idiot. :facepalm

Legends66NBA7
07-26-2013, 01:08 AM
^ Jose is underrated, yea he was passive, but he was efficient. BC is an idiot. :facepalm

Yeah, I hope he comes back to Toronto to end his career.