PDA

View Full Version : NYC gives Madison Square Garden 10 years to GTFO

ZHAKIDD532
07-25-2013, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE]The demolition of the gorgeous old Penn Station in 1963 to make way for the construction of Madison Square Garden remains one of the country's great civic disasters. Now, New York is finally trying to rectify its mistakes: the city council has given MSG 10 years to vacate the premises.

The Madison Square Garden Company's 50-year permit to operate the arena expired earlier this year, but it has been lobbying hard for a renewal in perpetuity, sending the likes of Walt Frazier, Earl Monroe, and Spike Lee to argue the case for staying. But the city has granted only a 10-year permit, after which the Garden will be knocked down for the redevelopment of Penn Station.

In the labyrinthine process of city politics, few things have ever been so agreed-upon. The local community board voted 36-0. A zoning subcommittee voted 7-0. The Committee on Land Use voted 18-1. And yesterday the City Council, the last stop to making it official, voted 47-1 for the eviction heads-up. Christine Quinn, City Council speaker and mayoral candidate, said

Haymaker
07-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Who needs a useless Penn Station?

Spaulding
07-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Pretty crazy. Also, months away from completing that 1 billion dollar work? Wow...

bagelred
07-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Didn't MSG just do a massive unbelievably expensive upgrade? And they knew having to move was possible?

:coleman: Probably Isiah's fault. :facepalm

JGXEN
07-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Knicks can share the Barclays center with the Nets

bagelred
07-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Two words:

Seattle KnickerSonics......Huh? Huh? Good right? :rockon:

Real Men Wear Green
07-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Who needs a useless Penn Station?
I often find myself taking the bus to and from Penn and Boston for work and family visits. I like telling myself that they are knocking down MSG for the convenience of a Celtics fan. :D I am for this.

niko
07-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Nothing will happen. The city doesn't have money to rebuild Penn Station and the City would also have to help fund the Garden's move after seizing the land. Essentially they'd need to help fund a new building and fund a new Penn Station. In 10 years. Raise your hand if you see that happening.

The person who wrote the article seems to see the need to rebuild Penn Station, not me. Not if it costs me $1. It's a train station. Why does it need to be pretty?

Total non story. In 10 years they'll be either a renewal or a huge legal battle which will take more years. Or we can just share Barclays. If you've been to a Knicks/Nets game this year, you'd know we'd basically take over that building, and the Knicks would be real close to my house. Win/Win.

Knicksfever2010
07-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Nothing will happen. The city doesn't have money to rebuild Penn Station and the City would also have to help fund the Garden's move after seizing the land. Essentially they'd need to help fund a new building and fund a new Penn Station. In 10 years. Raise your hand if you see that happening.

The person who wrote the article seems to see the need to rebuild Penn Station, not me. Not if it costs me $1. It's a train station. Why does it need to be pretty?

Total non story. In 10 years they'll be either a renewal or a huge legal battle which will take more years. Or we can just share Barclays. If you've been to a Knicks/Nets game this year, you'd know we'd basically take over that building, and the Knicks would be real close to my house. Win/Win.

Your reading comphrehension is on the level of a 2nd grader. It doesnt matter about the money, the Knicks are still being kicked out.

Jailblazers7
07-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Your reading comphrehension is on the level of a 2nd grader. It doesnt matter about the money, the Knicks are still being kicked out.

"The 10-year notice is not a death sentence. When the permit comes up again, MSG will have the right to re-apply, and it's impossible to predict what New York's financial and political situations will look like in a decade's time."

^That pretty much confirms niko's interpretation.

Haymaker
07-25-2013, 10:21 AM
MSG makes too much money for the city to be dismissed that quickly. Also the city will have to pay up for the relocation of MSG, for the demolition works and the construction of the new Penn Station. Plus, a train station will not make half the money that MSG does. Also, who doubts Dolan has some city officials in his pockets? Money does the talking here.

3LiftHeatCurse
07-25-2013, 10:21 AM

It doesn't have to be a train station.

It could be the new Major Center for Subway or Metro Rail stops. Lots of different possibilites could be done with it...

IGOTGAME
07-25-2013, 10:22 AM
I often find myself taking the bus to and from Penn and Boston for work and family visits. I like telling myself that they are knocking down MSG for the convenience of a Celtics fan. :D I am for this.
you mean Port Authority?

SpurrDurr
07-25-2013, 10:26 AM
At this point just relocate the franchise somewhere, hopefully Seattle.

You'd still have one NY team afterall :lol

Knicksfever2010
07-25-2013, 10:26 AM
MSG makes too much money for the city to be dismissed that quickly. Also the city will have to pay up for the relocation of MSG, for the demolition works and the construction of the new Penn Station. Plus, a train station will not make half the money that MSG does. Also, who doubts Dolan has some city officials in his pockets? Money does the talking here.

by having 'city officials in his pockets' do you mean losing the vote 47-1? :facepalm

Dionysus
07-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Been saying it forever, Knicks suck.

Watching trains go by>>>watching the Knicks lose

Haymaker
07-25-2013, 10:35 AM
by having 'city officials in his pockets' do you mean losing the vote 47-1? :facepalm

There are other ways around that process.

It's A VC3!!!
07-25-2013, 10:41 AM
"The 10-year notice is not a death sentence. When the permit comes up again, MSG will have the right to re-apply, and it's impossible to predict what New York's financial and political situations will look like in a decade's time."
^That pretty much confirms niko's interpretation.
the committee vote was 47-1. so while the knicks can lobby for a fight, it will make the job a lot more difficult due to the amount of people that are for the up sizing of pen station. i don't see the need for the knicks to move. but the knicks don't deserve ny so send them to the prudential center.:lol

my opinion is that the knicks don't move but 10 years is a long time and i dont care to think about that now.

Real Men Wear Green
07-25-2013, 10:42 AM
you mean Port Authority?
You're right. Durn.

Horde of Temujin
07-25-2013, 11:10 AM
**** Dolan

crisoner
07-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Wow this is f@cked up man!!!

Billion dollar renovations and the city is kicking them out?

Wow....

Bobcats2013
07-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Beyond stupid. Destroying years of history/upcoming future for a damn train station. MSG is the only reason I ever wanted to go to NY.

:coleman:

niko
07-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Anyone who thinks this is news either has an agenda that they want to tweak Knick fans or doesn't understand how these situations work. Again, the city has no money for this multi billion dollar project. The project would need to be real for the city to kick the Knicks out, not a theoretical non funded thought like it is. They would also need to help the Knicks relocate, which is more money. There also would need to be no change in the view of the Knicks needing to move in 10 years, no legal challenges, the city winning the legal challenges and moving forward with the project (which still needs to be funded).

It's a non story.

IGOTGAME
07-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Beyond stupid. Destroying years of history/upcoming future for a damn train station. MSG is the only reason I ever wanted to go to NY.

:coleman:

haha, "just a train station."

niko
07-25-2013, 12:02 PM
haha, "just a train station."
It's a train station that already exists. I'd love NYC to be full of new beautiful infrastructure but the way the economy is i don't see the feasibility of it.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Fund some local politicians' reelection campaigns. Problem solved.

Haymaker
07-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Fund some local politicians' reelection campaigns. Problem solved.

This. There's an upcoming election soon, Dolan should move some pieces around, see how the panorama changes.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Maybe that broad Anthony Weiner was texting can help you out with some of these votes.

niko
07-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Maybe that broad Anthony Weiner was texting can help you out with some of these votes.
Which one? I'm not sure there are broads he wasn't texting.

CavaliersFTW
07-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Wow I felt bad at first but didn't know the story about tearing down the station... They basically tore this down:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/ba/Penn_Station3.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/60/Penn_Station_interior.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/Penn_Station1.jpg

In order to build this hideous thing to host fights and basketball games:
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/2198725/20121008_jla_al2_140.0_standard_352.0.jpg

I can see why many people in NY were pissed... I hope they at least save the old MSG floor though if/when they tear it down.

bluechox2
07-25-2013, 12:31 PM
id be for it if they remodel the whole nyc subway lines, no need to come out of or going into one pretty station but ending up in 500 shit stained ones. if they cant modify all stations, dont bother at all

Flash31
07-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Why in the world
would anybody tear down the World's most
famous arena?

It brings so much money to NYC and tourism
and its a very big part of history from not just sports and entertainment but Ney York City as well

Itll be like tearing down the Eifle Tower.

MSG is NYC,thats NYC landmark,its main tourist and visiting spot.

Tearing it down for a train station,come on.

If MSG gets torn down or moved,NYC will lose a lot of money in tourism,sporting events,entertainment shows,history.

You build the train station for better access but to what,
what exactly are tourists and people going to see Big Buildings
and more traffic.

MSG has been here for over 80 years,Its basically been NY hotspot
from the emergence of Boxing,Wrestling,the Knicks,Entertainment shows,has been built as the place in NYC.Where exactly are you going to have the Knicks play or the Rangers,where are all the entertainment shows going to be,

What happens to the MSG network and its multi billion dollar deal with NYC.
In no way shape or form is MSG leaving.
To do that NYC will gain better transportation but lose billions

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Why in the world
famous arena?
The colosseum is the worlds most famous arena.

Euroleague
07-25-2013, 12:47 PM
It's a POS arena anyway.

WhySoInsecure?
07-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Why in the world
famous arena?

It brings so much money to NYC and tourism
and its a very big part of history from not just sports and entertainment but Ney York City as well

Itll be like tearing down the Eifle Tower.

MSG is NYC,thats NYC landmark,its main tourist and visiting spot.

Tearing it down for a train station,come on.

If MSG gets torn down or moved,NYC will lose a lot of money in tourism,sporting events,entertainment shows,history.

You build the train station for better access but to what,
what exactly are tourists and people going to see Big Buildings
and more traffic.

MSG has been here for over 80 years,Its basically been NY hotspot
from the emergence of Boxing,Wrestling,the Knicks,Entertainment shows,has been built as the place in NYC.Where exactly are you going to have the Knicks play or the Rangers,where are all the entertainment shows going to be,

What happens to the MSG network and its multi billion dollar deal with NYC.
In no way shape or form is MSG leaving.
To do that NYC will gain better transportation but lose billions
No tourists come here to see that ugly building, there's a million better things to see in the city.

jebron-i
07-25-2013, 12:49 PM
knicks going to have to relocate to new jersey :lol

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 12:53 PM
The White Plaines Knicks.

Flash31
07-25-2013, 01:03 PM
The colosseum is the worlds most famous arena.

It was,MSG brings in more revenue than any other arena in the world

Knicks,Rangers,Boxing,Wrestling,Entertainment shows,it has its own network,its own stock

Youre talking about billions of dollars,
what does NYC do with all the infrascruture
all the people and money flowing in

Do they move the Rangers and Knicks and all shows to a different city and cause more traffic,congestion,moving to that area
and lose all that revenue
or do they move MSG somewhere else in NYC which will take years and billions of dollars on top of building the train station and having to open up thr area theyre moving MSG for a bigger influx of people and traffic
or does MSG and all its properties and events go to another city in NY taking with it all the revenue,Networks,Teams,Shows,Influx of people and
multi billion dollar deals with NYC

what will happen to those,is there a breach of contract in those or does the deals become null and void and go to another city

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 01:13 PM
It was,MSG brings in more revenue than any other arena in the world

I'm not sure that is even true, but that has nothing to do with being famous. You think average people outside of America know what the fcuk Madison Square Garden is?

Comparing the colosseum to MSG is like comparing the Parthenon to Carnegie Hall or the Giza pyramids to Penn station.

There are certain landmarks that everyone in the world knows and the colosseum is one of them. MSG isn't. You think people in the Czech Republic or Sri Lanka know where the Knicks play their home games? most people in Kansas probably dont know that shit.

Your world famous landmark is the Statue of Liberty, not MSG.

NA2126
07-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Long Island would love to have the Knicks play at the Nassau Colliseum. It's dead there otherwise.

KyrieTheFuture
07-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Holy **** people think that tourists actually give a **** about MSG? Tourists take way more photos of Penn Station than that ugly ass arena. It's not even close to being an important landmark.

niko
07-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Holy **** people think that tourists actually give a **** about MSG? Tourists take way more photos of Penn Station than that ugly ass arena. It's not even close to being an important landmark.
People in NYC don't care about penn station as a landmark, they care about it as a train station. They care about MSG as an arena.

Aren't you from Cleveland? What famous landmarks do you have? The place the girls were locked up? The place the serial killer struck? Some great big piles of trash?

SpurrDurr
07-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Seattle Knicks, sounds good

niko
07-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Lets say 15 years from now (after the lawsuits and everything) they move somewhere on the west side (near the water) or somewhere far uptown, etc. Would the world end?

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 03:05 PM
People in NYC don't care about penn station as a landmark, they care about it as a train station. They care about MSG as an arena.
It should be pretty obvious that locals and tourists have a different idea of what they find interesting. It's not like people who live in Paris spend all their free time at the louvre and the Eiffel Tower.

The famous landmarks you know about from European countries are things the locals don't give a shit about and the things they all think are big deals that represent their cities are things you've never heard of.

You're from NYC. It's not like when you think of your city, you think of the Statue of Liberty and the Times Square billboards.

Bobby13
07-25-2013, 03:09 PM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/sites/csnbayarea/files/styles/gallery_slide/public/2013-05-03-warriors-boards-10.jpg

http://www.designboom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/sfwarriors00.jpg

New York needs to raise the bar.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 03:11 PM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/sites/csnbayarea/files/styles/gallery_slide/public/2013-05-03-warriors-boards-10.jpg

That would be such a traffic nightmare. There's only 1 point of entry/exit. All traffic would flow from 1 single direction.

Bobby13
07-25-2013, 03:19 PM
That would be such a traffic nightmare. There's only 1 point of entry/exit. All traffic would flow from 1 single direction.

I'm aware of the traffic problem, but I wanted to point out how beautiful the arena design itself looks compared to the current MSG. The backdrop of the Bay Area probably makes the new Oracle look a lot better than it actually is, but I wonder what New York can have designed that one-ups what San Fran is going to get.

niko
07-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Barclays has no parking at all. It's an occasional pain but not really as much as it would seem. I can see this working.

KyrieTheFuture
07-25-2013, 05:54 PM

Aren't you from Cleveland? What famous landmarks do you have? The place the girls were locked up? The place the serial killer struck? Some great big piles of trash?

Oh boy you really want to get into this? How about the famous land marks of your cannibal cop? How about those pristine ghettos? You're in for a rough ride if you're trying to make it seem like Cleveland is more terrible than NYC.

Also, I mentioned absolutely nothing about the locals of New York I mentioned tourists because everyone in this thread was bringing them up. They don't care about MSG at all there isn't even a debate about it.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 05:55 PM
Barclays has no parking at all. It's an occasional pain but not really as much as it would seem. I can see this working.
Doesn't Barclays have a train system running through it though?

niko
07-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Oh boy you really want to get into this? How about the famous land marks of your cannibal cop? How about those pristine ghettos? You're in for a rough ride if you're trying to make it seem like Cleveland is more terrible than NYC.

Also, I mentioned absolutely nothing about the locals of New York I mentioned tourists because everyone in this thread was bringing them up. They don't care about MSG at all there isn't even a debate about it.

NY is far safer than Cleveland. You're freaking delusional if you think otherwise. And yes, i have been to Cleveland. Several times. It's a shithole with decent suburbs. It's not 1979. How about those ghettos? In Cleveland? Because in NYC, even the Bronx is expensive real estate now that's not that bad.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 06:37 PM
NY is far safer than Cleveland. You're freaking delusional if you think otherwise. And yes, i have been to Cleveland. Several times. It's a shithole with decent suburbs. It's not 1979. How about those ghettos? In Cleveland? Because in NYC, even the Bronx is expensive real estate now that's not that bad.
http://verymuchdutch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/but-why-meme-generator-but-why-84103d.jpg

niko
07-25-2013, 06:43 PM
http://verymuchdutch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/but-why-meme-generator-but-why-84103d.jpg
I used to go check our distribution channels in my last job, retailers, printing plants, etc. Once they sent me to Vegas. A few times to Cali. The rest of the time it was Detroit, Cleveland, smaller towns in Ohio and all over the south except anywhere you'd want to go.

knickscity
07-25-2013, 06:45 PM

I cant see NY putting an Arena next to a large body of water like that.

The concept is awesome, but the security would be a major concern.

niko
07-25-2013, 06:59 PM
I cant see NY putting an Arena next to a large body of water like that.

The concept is awesome, but the security would be a major concern.
Security would be easy. They just wouldn't let you bring boats close by.

It's A VC3!!!
07-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Doesn't Barclays have a train system running through it though?
Yes, that's why most people don't even drive there. Nets also have a shuttle bus service after every game waiting there. Trains to game night run every 15 minutes. This is primarily targeted for post-game.

They Nets really don't want people to drive, and they don't need to. Yes, parking is cut but half. But with the mass transit this amazing, it's fine.

DStebb716
07-25-2013, 08:18 PM
This won't matter. Knicks will get an incredible new arena and everybody will forget the Barclays center. MSG company will make that billion back within 10 years.

DStebb716
07-25-2013, 08:19 PM

There would be no traffic going near the arena. All people would park elsewhere and walk to it.

niko
07-25-2013, 08:20 PM
Yes, that's why most people don't even drive there. Nets also have a shuttle bus service after every game waiting there. Trains to game night run every 15 minutes. This is primarily targeted for post-game.

They Nets really don't want people to drive, and they don't need to. Yes, parking is cut but half. But with the mass transit this amazing, it's fine.

Stop talking about shit like you understand it. Tons of people drive there. It's pretty much the same as MSG, a lot of people take the train but a lot of people drive and know where they can and cannot park. The Net fanbase isn't by the stadium, people come from all over. You always say things about the Net crowd, how they sound, the drive, etc. like you've been there or are around there. You've never been to a Net game. And you clearly don't live in the city.

sc19
07-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Each and every one of those local community voters paid by Nets owner. :applause:

DStebb716
07-25-2013, 08:22 PM

No. They need to stay near where they are now.

niko
07-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Each and every one of those local community voters paid by Nets owner. :applause:
No way. Knicks did nothing to block him at all (never raised even the slightest concern). And the rivalry raise the profile of both teams. And at some point the Nets might want civic money or might be concerned about eminent domain being pushed at something they are doing. They'd be on the Knicks side.

NumberSix
07-25-2013, 08:29 PM
NYC finally admitting the Knicks are irrelevant and wasting time and space.

It's A VC3!!!
07-25-2013, 09:28 PM
Stop talking about shit like you understand it. Tons of people drive there. It's pretty much the same as MSG, a lot of people take the train but a lot of people drive and know where they can and cannot park. The Net fanbase isn't by the stadium, people come from all over. You always say things about the Net crowd, how they sound, the drive, etc. like you've been there or are around there. You've never been to a Net game. And you clearly don't live in the city.
most people do take the train. that's from a statement made by the nets. 52.2% take the train. while 25.1% came by car. so your the one making up shit.http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/nets-fans-train-game-article-1.1372336

how does it feel getting owned niko?.:oldlol:

"Two-thirds of Nets fans used mass-transit or walked to Barclays Center during the team’s inaugural Brooklyn season, a much higher rate than originally projected, according to a new report.

At an average weekday Nets weekday game, 52.5% of the 15,000 fans arrived by subway while 25.1% came by car, according to Sam Schwartz Engineering."

niko
07-25-2013, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=It's A VC3!!!]most people do take the train. that's from a statement made by the nets. 52.2% take the train. while 25.1% came by car. so your the one making up shit.http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/nets-fans-train-game-article-1.1372336

how does it feel getting owned niko?.:oldlol:

[I]"Two-thirds of Nets fans used mass-transit or walked to Barclays Center during the team

It's A VC3!!!
07-25-2013, 09:51 PM
52.2% is not most. How is that most? You said MOST fans came by subway. About half came in their poll.

Again, you ALWAYS talk about the Nets. I've been to more Net games than you have, but yet you regularly talk about crowd noise, makeup, etc. Tell me about your experience at Barclays, your friends who go to games, etc.
2x more people take the train than cars. so i was right. you can't argue the facts, yet your still trying to. you acted like i didn't know what i was talking about. so when i said "most people take the train", i was right. in this case 2x more people take the train than cars. so the nets averaged 17k fans per game last season. so 8840 fans took the train per game last year compared to 4250 who took cars last season. don't try to argue, just admit your foolishness and wrongdoing.:cheers: :lol

daily
07-25-2013, 09:55 PM
52.2% is not most. How is that most? You said MOST fans came by subway. About half came in their poll.

Again, you ALWAYS talk about the Nets. I've been to more Net games than you have, but yet you regularly talk about crowd noise, makeup, etc. Tell me about your experience at Barclays, your friends who go to games, etc.The point which you seem to be avoiding is 75% of the people do not get there by car

daily
07-25-2013, 09:57 PM
So New York is a pretty crowded place, real estate is at a premium so where do the Knicks move to?

It's A VC3!!!
07-25-2013, 10:03 PM
The point which you seem to be avoiding is 75% of the people do not get there by car
There you go. At least you get it.:cheers:

niko
07-25-2013, 10:03 PM
2x more people take the train than cars. so i was right. you can't argue the facts, yet your still trying to. you acted like i didn't know what i was talking about. so when i said "most people take the train", i was right. in this case 2x more people take the train than cars. so the nets averaged 17k fans per game last season. so 8840 fans took the train per game last year compared to 4250 who took cars last season. don't try to argue, just admit your foolishness and wrongdoing.:cheers: :lol
You make shit up and then look for articles to back it up. Again, tell me about ONE of the Net games you went to. ONE.

Ive been to quite a few events, there are a ton of people who drive there. There just are. I don't know what to tell you people.

It's A VC3!!!
07-25-2013, 10:06 PM
You make shit up and then look for articles to back it up. Again, tell me about ONE of the Net games you went to. ONE.

Ive been to quite a few events, there are a ton of people who drive there. There just are. I don't know what to tell you people.
I didn't look for any articles. I read this a while ago and found it again to prove it to you. When I stated that "most people take the train", it was because I read this article a while back and had knowledge of the statistics. I went to a Nets game against the Rockets. When I was coming home I was at a red light in front of a Lexus. A guy crossed the street with a gun and robbed the Lexus in front of me. I don't get what that has to do with anything but hey, you asked me.

It's A VC3!!!
07-25-2013, 10:10 PM
Nobody is disputing that a lot of people drive there. Approximately 4250 people drive there every game. That is A LOT of people. That's not the point in case that I was making. My point was that due to the structure of the Barclays, the majority of fans take the train due to it leading right to the arena and the easier accessibility since there is a train every 15 minutes going to the game on game nights. The facts back that statement up. The Nets set it up that way. They only have 400 parking spots in their arena, compared to other arena's that have well over 1000. They want people to take the transit and most do. I didn't think anyone would argue this even after the statistics show I'm right.

The Macho Man
07-25-2013, 10:20 PM

NYC doesn't have money to build a train station?

What a shithole.

niko
07-25-2013, 10:20 PM
Nobody is disputing that a lot of people drive there. Approximately 4250 people drive there every game. That is A LOT of people. That's not the point in case that I was making. My point was that due to the structure of the Barclays, the majority of fans take the train due to it leading right to the arena and the easier accessibility since there is a train every 15 minutes going to the game on game nights. The facts back that statement up. The Nets set it up that way. They only have 400 parking spots in their arena, compared to other arena's that have well over 1000. They want people to take the transit and most do. I didn't think anyone would argue this even after the statistics show I'm right.
People park all over. They park at the mall, they park at people who sell their driveway space, they pay off McDonalds, they park at the lots scattered mostly on the north side of the arena. It's much like MSG, people have a pattern that they park at. It's very very much like MSG. I often think the press that the Nets put out try to paint the arena crowd as very local, not driving, not parking, not causing traffic. It's not problematic (the cars) but it's much more than people think.

It's A VC3!!!
07-25-2013, 10:24 PM
People park all over. They park at the mall, they park at people who sell their driveway space, they pay off McDonalds, they park at the lots scattered mostly on the north side of the arena. It's much like MSG, people have a pattern that they park at. It's very very much like MSG. I often think the press that the Nets put out try to paint the arena crowd as very local, not driving, not parking, not causing traffic. It's not problematic (the cars) but it's much more than people think.
of course. they have to. if i said that 4250 people drive there and there are only 400 parking spots, that means that 3800ish people park else where. in areas such as you mentioned.