PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving is going to be the 2013-2014 NBA MVP

EnoughSaid
07-26-2013, 12:36 AM
Dude is going to go ham this upcoming season. Has said on several interviews he's feeling great and isn't worried about any injuries. Now he's got a great team too and I feel like the Cavs are going to surprise some people. Going to put up 25/9/4 and get the 5-6th seed in the East.

therammingman
07-26-2013, 12:36 AM
suck a nut

tikay0
07-26-2013, 12:37 AM
How are you gonna get the MVP award with a 9th seed?

CanYouDigIt
07-26-2013, 12:37 AM
suck a nut

thabisyo
07-26-2013, 12:38 AM
can he even play the full season? :roll:

EnoughSaid
07-26-2013, 12:39 AM
The league is not going to give LeBron a 3rd consecutive MVP. I feel like Irving is the next player (ala Rose in 2011) that's going to emerge into superstardom and lead his team.

DuMa
07-26-2013, 12:40 AM
5th seeds dont have MVP players. sorry to break it to you.

and if Kyrie can play even 60 games a season, i'll start to care.

Lebron23
He needs to play more than 66 games in the regular season to be consider as a legit MVP Candidate. I think his scoring will go down this year due to the additions of Bynum and Jack, but he'll likely average a career high in assists per game.

tikay0
Oh yeah, they got Bynum. How many players with a 6th seed team got the MVP award?

red1
07-26-2013, 12:42 AM
harden and durant will win an mvp before kyrie. kyrie will probably get one later though

The JKidd Kid
07-26-2013, 12:43 AM
25/9 :roll:

WayOfWade
07-26-2013, 12:45 AM
inb4 LeBron shuts him down in the ECF, ala 2011.

Kurosawa0
07-26-2013, 12:45 AM
Anything less than a third seed and he'll have no chance. Its going to be either LeBron, KD or Chris Paul.

Fudge
07-26-2013, 12:48 AM
You seriously think the Cavs are gonna get a Top 3-4 seed in the league? Much less the East? If not, there's ZERO chance of this happening.

tikay0
07-26-2013, 12:48 AM
Anything less than a third seed and he'll have no chance. Its going to be either LeBron, KD or Chris Paul.

If the Bulls get a top 2 seed, and Rose puts up his normal #s, you gotta favor Rose.

The ACL angle would sell, just like Adrian Peterson. They'd be calling this a renaissance of modern day sports medicine/recovery.

thabisyo
07-26-2013, 12:56 AM
If the Bulls get a top 2 seed, and Rose puts up his normal #s, you gotta favor Rose.

The ACL angle would sell, just like Adrian Peterson. They'd be calling this a renaissance of modern day sports medicine/recovery.

Cant compare Rose to andrian peterson :facepalm

brandonislegend
07-26-2013, 01:03 AM

Comparing Adrian Peterson who came back early from injury and had a historic year to someone that acted like a ***** last year....yeah no.

Btw I love Kyrie but he is not winning a MVP next year.

secund2nun
07-26-2013, 01:06 AM
No PG in modern NBA history has EVER deserved a MVP except for Magic who was not really a PG any ways but more of a freak. The closest one has come has been Nash, who was still a bad choice with players like Shaq, Duncan, KG, Dirk, Lebron there but he was certainly miles above of the selection of Rose.

Stop with this PGs getting MVP trash. PGs are so damn overrated and do not impact the game nearly as much as people think....aka they are not anywhere as good as people think.

plowking
07-26-2013, 01:07 AM
John Wall is a better player, and has a better chance of winning.

Lebron23
07-26-2013, 01:07 AM
They probably give it to Kevin Durant. I love to see KD wins the MVP Award.

secund2nun
07-26-2013, 01:09 AM
They probably give it to Kevin Durant. I love to see KD wins the MVP Award.

Durant, Duncan, Howard are the only non-Lebron deserving candidates.

KG215
07-26-2013, 01:09 AM

:oldlol:

Adrian Peterson came back less than a year after tearing his ACL and rushed for 2,000 yards. It's not going to speak for "modern day sports recovery" if Rose comes back 18+ months after tearing his ACL and puts up his normal numbers.

tikay0
07-26-2013, 01:13 AM
We'll see fellas. We'll see.

tazb
07-26-2013, 01:45 AM
Injured by game 47. I hate it cause Kyrie is fun to watch.

Doranku
07-26-2013, 01:47 AM
:oldlol: Why is this dude so overrated? I don't get it.

Johnny Jones
07-26-2013, 01:48 AM
John Wall is a better player.
:lol

ClutchOver9000
07-26-2013, 01:50 AM

:biggums:

KG215
07-26-2013, 02:14 AM
We'll see fellas. We'll see.
We'll see what? You're the one comparing a potential Rose MVP season comeback to Adrian Peterson coming back after tearing his ACL and winning an MVP. There's a HUGE difference, though, that you're apparently failing to acknowledge. Peterson came back less than a year later and rushed for 2,000 yards en route to winning MVP. Rose is gonna be 18 months post surgery by the time he plays his first game this season.

SuperPippen
07-26-2013, 02:25 AM

No, he's not. And no, he doesn't.

SpurrDurr
07-26-2013, 02:27 AM
No way that he's going to win the MVP next season.

It's either Lebron or Durant. There is too much gap between those 2 and the rest of the league.

KNOW1EDGE
07-26-2013, 02:35 AM
No PG in modern NBA history has EVER deserved a MVP except for Magic who was not really a PG any ways but more of a freak. The closest one has come has been Nash, who was still a bad choice with players like Shaq, Duncan, KG, Dirk, Lebron there but he was certainly miles above of the selection of Rose.

Stop with this PGs getting MVP trash. PGs are so damn overrated and do not impact the game nearly as much as people think....aka they are not anywhere as good as people think.

I don't understand where you are coming up with this?

Does the pg not touch the ball EVERY possession? Set up and navigate the offense? Relied on to get teammates involved?

Obviously some of the worse pg's don't do as much, and if you have LBJ on your team you don't have to do as much. But your trying to say CP3, Rose, Westbrook, Deron Williams, Kyrie Irving, Rondo, John Wall, Lillard etc etc don't impact the game very much? And their not as good as people think?

salwan
07-26-2013, 02:35 AM
Id be surprised, if Kyrie didnt win an MVP award during his career, but its not gonna be next season

plowking
07-26-2013, 02:40 AM
No, he's not. And no, he doesn't.

He is. He was actually leading his team to a .500 record with him playing. Not like his team is any better than the Cavs one.

tikay0
07-26-2013, 02:42 AM
We'll see what? You're the one comparing a potential Rose MVP season comeback to Adrian Peterson coming back after tearing his ACL and winning an MVP. There's a HUGE difference, though, that you're apparently failing to acknowledge. Peterson came back less than a year later and rushed for 2,000 yards en route to winning MVP. Rose is gonna be 18 months post surgery by the time he plays his first game this season.

We'll see how the narrative goes. Trust me. They'll praise him if we get a top 2 seed, and him getting the MVP award after coming back from an ACL tear will be huge. 18+ months of not playing NBA level basketball, coming back from an ACL injury, and leading us to a top 2 seed. :bowdown:

S13M
07-26-2013, 02:45 AM
If LeBron doesn't win it has to be Durant.

DuMa
07-26-2013, 02:54 AM
I can see Durant winning it if he leads OKC to a 1st seed with Westbrook struggling to regain his form in the first 3 months of the season coming back from injury.

Heavincent
07-26-2013, 03:03 AM
Lets get one thing straight here. Adrian Peterson is the best athlete in all of sports right now.

Sarcastic
07-26-2013, 03:42 AM
Former Cavs fan, now a Heat fan, still rooting for the Cavs deep down inside.

It's a like a broken record here on ISH.

dbk123
07-26-2013, 04:06 AM
Former Cavs fan, now a Heat fan, still rooting for the Cavs deep down inside.

It's a like a broken record here on ISH.
i wonder why youre a heat fan now?

:facepalm

Sarcastic
07-26-2013, 04:19 AM
i wonder why youre a heat fan now?

:facepalm

Yea, that's never happened.

IGOTGAME
07-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Dude is going to go ham this upcoming season. Has said on several interviews he's feeling great and isn't worried about any injuries. Now he's got a great team too and I feel like the Cavs are going to surprise some people. Going to put up 25/9/4 and get the 5-6th seed in the East.
Guy needs to learn how to run a team. His passing isn't there for a top pg. Plus he plays bad defense.

He will be an all star tho.

SilkkTheShocker
07-26-2013, 08:56 AM

No he's not. And the Cavs definitely have a better looking roster than Washington. This is the only place where Wall/Irving is a debate. :oldlol:

To4
07-26-2013, 08:56 AM
i love kyrie man. he is a beast.. but i cant see that happening in the upcoming 2013 - 2014 NBA

or even a few years, as other posters said, his defense is suspect, and running a team is so - so

he can give a highlight reel pass from time to time, but yeah, he needs to improve in some aspects of the game first.

Nash
07-26-2013, 08:58 AM
You guys don't get it do you. Rose got the MVP because he lead a mediocre team to #1 seed. Kyrie will never even be close to top 4 and therefore not even be close.

upside24
07-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Injured by game 47. I hate it cause Kyrie is fun to watch.
I agree. Kyrie's a unique scoring point who relies on his handle, hesitations, and lethal shooting ability to score and not just speed and athleticism like Rose and Westbrook (Both can shoot but not like Kyrie.)

He can just flat out play and there is not another point in the L who has his combination of weapons, at least none that I can think of.

It sucks that in this wealth of high quality points Rondo, Rose and Westbrook along with Kyrie and others.

SilkkTheShocker
07-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Guy needs to learn how to run a team. His passing isn't there for a top pg. Plus he plays bad defense.

He will be an all star tho.

His D needs work. But the guy was asked to play off the ball and score more last season. You know, because they had players like Alonzo Gee and Luke Walton getting a ton of burn last year. The Cavs best players last year after Irving were 2nd year Thompson and rookie Waiters once Varejao got hurt. I don't know what people expected Irving to do with that pile of shit team.

SilkkTheShocker
07-26-2013, 09:01 AM
You guys don't get it do you. Rose got the MVP because he lead a mediocre team to #1 seed. Kyrie will never even be close to top 4 and therefore not even be close.

Mediocre team? The same team that made it past the 1st round without Rose this year?

upside24
07-26-2013, 09:03 AM
His D needs work. But the guy was asked to play off the ball and score more last season. You know, because they had players like Alonzo Gee and Luke Walton getting a ton of burn last year. The Cavs best players last year after Irving were 2nd year Thompson and rookie Waiters once Varejao got hurt. I don't know what people expected Irving to do with that pile of shit team.
That's the turd in the punchbowl with Kyrie, other than the durability issue.

His man gets buy him often but with a healthy Bynum, don't laugh, maybe his average defense will be covered up like Magic with Kareem.

IGOTGAME
07-26-2013, 09:04 AM

Its not about record. He just isn't the best passer or floor general. I watched a ton of his games and he is a grrat talent but he has some flaws to work on.

SilkkTheShocker
07-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Its not about record. He just isn't the best passer or floor general. I watched a ton of his games and he is a grrat talent but he has some flaws to work on.

Agreed. He needs to work on certain aspects of his game. But for some reason there is a group of people on here that bash him for not taking that terrible Cavs team to the playoffs. Mostly fans of low-IQ point guards that rely almost entirely on their athleticism.

ihoopallday
07-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Durant or Melo will win. At this point, the only MVP trophy that LeBron fans should care about is the FMVP.

SilkkTheShocker
07-26-2013, 09:12 AM
That's the turd in the punchbowl with Kyrie, other than the durability issue.

His man gets buy him often but with a healthy Bynum, don't laugh, maybe his average defense will be covered up like Magic with Kareem.

Definitely. I personally think he will be the best at his position in a few seasons. He needs to clean some stuff up in his game and take the Cavs to the next level first. But the guy is a stud.

BoutPractice
07-26-2013, 09:17 AM
6th seed in the East will never get you an MVP. Some 6th seeds from past years wouldn't even have made the playoffs in the West...

deja vu
07-26-2013, 09:21 AM
Can't really see this happening unless the Cavs get more firepower and Andrew Bynum becomes a 25+/10+ guy and they get the top or 2nd seed in the East.

I don't think they'll make it to the playoffs with the kind of roster they have right now. Maybe an 8th seed if they get lucky.

SilkkTheShocker
07-26-2013, 09:22 AM
No way that he's going to win the MVP next season.

It's either Lebron or Durant. There is too much gap between those 2 and the rest of the league.

This also. The point guard position is also pretty overrated. All you really want them to do is be a decent ball-handler and stretch the floor. If you have a stud point guard, than great. Its not a bad thing to have. But the points guards one some of the last Finals winners have been Chalmers x2, Kidd, and Fisher. I like Irving a lot, but as mentioned, Cleveland won't win enough games most likely to get him the MVP. Regular season record is huge when determining the award. And if CP3 hasn't won it yet, than its hard to imagine Kyrie doing it anytime soon

Jailblazers7
07-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Lets get one thing straight here. Adrian Peterson is the best athlete in all of sports right now.

I love Peterson but I wouldn't say he is a better athlete than Lebron.

Unbiased_one
07-26-2013, 10:24 AM

WTF. Of any superstar rose has the best supporting cast in the league...apart from possibly Dwight now.

brandonislegend
07-26-2013, 01:27 PM

Are you really that dumb?

SilkkTheShocker
07-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Are you really that dumb?

He is, but you make him look like a nuclear physicist.

tikay0
07-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Mediocre team? The same team that made it past the 1st round without Rose this year?

:oldlol: No Thibs, young Noah, Kirk fuggin Hinrich as a focal point of our team, shot jacking ass Ben Gordon. :bowdown:

Uncle Drew
07-26-2013, 01:47 PM
I love Kyrie. He's nowhere near an MVP caliber season, but this kid is giving me massive playoff hopes 'n dreams.