PDA

View Full Version : Memphis offered 6 million per season to Teodosic

Fiba basketball
07-28-2013, 08:27 AM
http://www.kosarka24.com/vesti/evroliga/vesti/15353-turski-mediji-preselili-teodosica-u-fener

This is a part about Memphis
[QUOTE]Memfis je pre nekoliko nedelja poslao dobru ponudu za Milo

Grinder
07-28-2013, 08:46 AM
I thought he was signing with Fenerbahce?

Fiba basketball
07-28-2013, 11:14 AM
I thought he was signing with Fenerbahce?

Well they want him but as his agent said Teodosic wants to stay in CSKA and that he will consider othere options if CSKA doesn't want him.

Since Memphis offered this to him few weeks ago maybe he didn't know at the time if CSKA wants him and he knows know and is looking for a new team and since Barca spent a lot of money on Papanikolaou I don't think they can afford to get him so only teams where he could get the same money as in CSKA is Fenerbahce or some NBA team.

Sakkreth
07-28-2013, 11:30 AM
He not gonna go there I don't think. Anyways he's overrated piece of shit.

Rooster
07-28-2013, 12:59 PM
He not gonna go there I don't think. Anyways he's overrated piece of shit.

Overrated yes. But I think he can do better than Spanoulis NBA career triple trouble stats of 3 points 3 turnover 30 percent shooting.:oldlol:

Le Shaqtus
07-28-2013, 01:30 PM
He sounds like he can be a good fit from what you say, Memphis is already very good defensively to start with anyway, they just need more shooting which hopefully he could provide.

morbius
07-28-2013, 02:32 PM
A fine player by any standard. Shoots well, can create plays, good handles, high BB IQ, very charismatic. On the down side, he is an average to bellow average defender, pretty soft and sometimes gets shut down by aggressive physical defenders, although I doubt anyone would dare try to muscle him when Zach Randolph is setting picks. When I met him in Greece, he didn't have anything resembling a body of a professional athlete, the guy looked like a hair dresser.

Somehow I doubt he'll go to Memphis, but might be a good pickup for them. On the other hand, coming from CSKA I wouldn't be surprised at all if he suddenly signs with the Nets for the minimum.

Fiba basketball
07-28-2013, 05:13 PM
A fine player by any standard. Shoots well, can create plays, good handles, high BB IQ, very charismatic. On the down side, he is an average to bellow average defender, pretty soft and sometimes gets shut down by aggressive physical defenders, although I doubt anyone would dare try to muscle him when Zach Randolph is setting picks. When I met him in Greece, he didn't have anything resembling a body of a professional athlete, the guy looked like a hair dresser.

Somehow I doubt he'll go to Memphis, but might be a good pickup for them. On the other hand, coming from CSKA I wouldn't be surprised at all if he suddenly signs with the Nets for the minimum.

I don't think he gets shut down, he just gets pissed and starts shooting from halfcourt in first seconds of offense. That is his biggest problem, he needs to try to stay calm during the game and help his team. He already said he knows he needs to change and that he hopes that that it will happen as he gets older.

AirTupac
07-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Prediction: 2ppg, 28% FG, 25% 3pt, 70% FT, 0.5 rpg, 0.2 spg in 35 games before he decides to boat back to Russia

Euroleague
07-28-2013, 05:22 PM
He could probably average 20 and 10 in NBA with starter's minutes. I mean the worst scrubs in Euroleague like Rubio and Jennings put up big numbers in NBA.

Teodosic is something like maybe a top 5 player in Euroleague, which means he would instantly be god in NBA.

Euroleague
07-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Well they want him but as his agent said Teodosic wants to stay in CSKA and that he will consider othere options if CSKA doesn't want him.

Since Memphis offered this to him few weeks ago maybe he didn't know at the time if CSKA wants him and he knows know and is looking for a new team and since Barca spent a lot of money on Papanikolaou I don't think they can afford to get him so only teams where he could get the same money as in CSKA is Fenerbahce or some NBA team.

Memphis is offering contracts to tons of Euroleague point guards. They offered Spanoulis, Bobby Brown, Jordan Farmar, Nick Calathes, etc.

Anyway, Teodosic should never go to Fener. He and Obradovic is worst combination ever. Those two will never get along.

alenleomessi
07-28-2013, 06:08 PM
obviously he is afraid of those big nba guards that will eat him alive... soft little b*tch... thank god for guys like pekovic and antic that at least hold some pride for the balkan

Euroleague
07-28-2013, 06:14 PM
obviously he is afraid of those big nba guards that will eat him alive... soft little b*tch... thank god for guys like pekovic and antic that at least hold some pride for the balkan

Euroleague point guards are much bigger than NBA point guards idiot.

And Teodosic would never play point guard in NBA. He's a ball dominant two guard, even in Europe. Only coach that thinks differently is Messina.

In every other team in Europe he has been on, he played as a ball dominant two guard.

Also, Antic is SERBIAN.

Since you are so keen about facts. Let's talk actual facts. His parents are Serbs.

Fiba basketball
07-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Memphis is offering contracts to tons of Euroleague point guards. They offered Spanoulis, Bobby Brown, Jordan Farmar, Nick Calathes, etc.

Anyway, Teodosic should never go to Fener. He and Obradovic is worst combination ever. Those two will never get along.

I don't think they offered them the same money (except from Spanoulis) since they would have already accepted because they don't get as much in Europe.

Teodosic is one of 3 players in Europe that can do what Obradovic wants from his first pg and since DD won't leave PAO and he has bad relationship with Spanoulis he is only option for him. Who knows maybe Obradovic gets him to change.

Fiba basketball
07-28-2013, 06:39 PM

He is better than Antic and it's not even close. Also he is 6'5 and has 210lb, for example Rose is 6'3 and has 190lb so Teodosic is bigger than most NBA pgs.

Rooster
07-28-2013, 06:54 PM
He is better than Antic and it's not even close. Also he is 6'5 and has 210lb, for example Rose is 6'3 and has 190lb so Teodosic is bigger than most NBA pgs.

Bigger but he is soft. Look at Vujacic he plays smaller than his size. Actually most of Euros are physically soft and that is why few of them succeed in the NBA.

Euroleague
07-28-2013, 06:57 PM
I don't think they offered them the same money (except from Spanoulis) since they would have already accepted because they don't get as much in Europe.

Teodosic is one of 3 players in Europe that can do what Obradovic wants from his first pg and since DD won't leave PAO and he has bad relationship with Spanoulis he is only option for him. Who knows maybe Obradovic gets him to change.

Of course guys like Brown, Farmar, Calathes would get offered NBA minimum, while Spanoulis and Teodosic way more than that.

Teodosic is obviously way better than all these Euroleague point guards the NBA drooled over like Brandon Jennings, Ty Lawson, Ricky Rubio, Gary Neal, Goran Dragic, Brian Roberts, Gal Mekel, Will Bynum, Jose Calderon, etc.

I mean way better, as most of those guys were scrubs or just average players in Europe.

But remember that NBA likes to take the best European players in Europe and then bench them in NBA. They do that as a way to show "NBA is superior" and all the NBA only fans fall for their tricks.

Teodosic knows what happened to Petrovic in Portland, Jasikevicius in Golden State, Spanoulis in Houston, Macijauskas in New Orleans and he needs to be VERY careful.

Because this is one of the NBA's oldest marketing schemes and tricks - to take a European star from Europe, then bench him in NBA to prove NBA "superiority".

They don't do that to guys that sucked in Europe like Rubio, or that were barely average in Europe like Calderon, but they do it to top players in Europe.

Even Navarro was not used properly in NBA, and admitted he only even got playing time because the coach told him they were tanking so he could play, just not in a role suited to him. He even said though the coach told him if the team was not tanking that he would have been benched.

If NBA will do it to Navarro, Petrovic, Spanoulis, Jasikevicius, then Teodosic better realize that he might be the next European star that NBA is targeting to ruin his reputation. Remember that all of those above players except Petrovic had their reputations permanently ruined and their career legacies permanent destroyed by the NBA.

So that now ALL NBA fans call them "scrubs". Petrovic would be in same category if he left NBA after Blazers as he originally planned to do.

I would guess that Teodosic is the new target of NBA marketing scheme to destroy his image, and turn him into the next "Euroleague star that is a scrub in NBA".

I am sure that is what is really going on here. But it seems like he was smart enough not to fall for it. It seems like after the NBA did this so many times to those above players, that stars in Europe no longer fall for it and NBA will have to come up with a new scheme.

Rooster
07-28-2013, 06:57 PM
He could probably average 20 and 10 in NBA with starter's minutes. I mean the worst scrubs in Euroleague like Rubio and Jennings put up big numbers in NBA.

Teodosic is something like maybe a top 5 player in Euroleague, which means he would instantly be god in NBA.

Bobby Brown and Michael Jordan Farmar wrecked your minor league:oldlol:

Making those slow unathletic Euros like statues.:oldlol:

Even Rudy was runner up MVP

To a fellow scrub:oldlol:

Euroleague
07-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Bigger but he is soft. Look at Vujacic he plays smaller than his size. Actually most of Euros are physically soft and that is why few of them succeed in the NBA.

NBA is softest pro league in basketball world. NBA is softer than butter league.

You are a deranged lunatic.

Rooster
07-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Of course guys like Brown, Farmar, Calathes would get offered NBA minimum, while Spanoulis and Teodosic way more than that.

Teodosic is obviously way better than all these Euroleague point guards the NBA drooled over like Brandon Jennings, Ty Lawson, Ricky Rubio, Gary Neal, Goran Dragic, Brian Roberts, Gal Mekel, Will Bynum, Jose Calderon, etc.

I mean way better, as most of those guys were scrubs or just average players in Europe.

But remember that NBA likes to take the best European players in Europe and then bench them in NBA. They do that as a way to show "NBA is superior" and all the NBA only fans fall for their tricks.

Teodosic knows what happened to Petrovic in Portland, Jasikevicius in Golden State, Spanoulis in Houston, Macijauskas in New Orleans and he needs to be VERY careful.

Because this is one of the NBA's oldest marketing shchemes and tricks - to take a European star from Europe, then bench him in NBA to prove NBA "superiority".

They don't do that to guys that sucked in Europe like Rubio, or that were barely average in Europe like Calderon, but they do it to top players in Europe.

Even Navarro was not used properly in NBA, and admitted he only even got playing time because the coach told him they were tanking so he could play, just not in a role suited to him. He even said though the coach told him if the team was not tanking that he would have been benched.

If NBA will do it to Navarro, Petrovic, Spanoulis, Jasikevicius, then Teodosic better realize that he might be the next European star that NBA is targeting to ruin his reputation. Remember that all of those above players except Petrovic had their reputations permanently ruined and their career legacies permanent destroyed by the NBA.

So that now ALL NBA fans call them "scrubs". Petrovic would be in same category if he left NBA after Blazers as he originally planned to do.

I would guess that Teodosic is the new target of NBA marketing scheme to destroy his image, and turn him into the next "Euroleague star that is a scrub in NBA".

I am sure that is what is really going on here. But it seems like he was smart enough not to fall for it. It seems like after the NBA did this so many times to those above players, that stars in Europe no longer fall for it and NBA will have to come up with a new scheme.

VSpan. Hi coach I am the TMac of Europe:oldlol:

JVG. Well we have the real TMac here sit your ass down you turnover machine.:oldlol:

Euroleague
07-28-2013, 07:00 PM

Average player in Euroleague is taller than average player in NBA. But the NBA only fan idiots always say "NBA players are bigger".

These clowns like Rooster are nuts.

Euroleague
07-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Bobby Brown and Michael Jordan Farmar wrecked your minor league:oldlol:

Making those slow unathletic Euros like statues.:oldlol:

Even Rudy was runner up MVP

To a fellow scrub:oldlol:

"wrecked your minor league"

Yes, and it's just as true a statement as that, to say that Shane Battier is best player in NBA.

Euroleague
07-28-2013, 07:03 PM
VSpan. Hi coach I am the TMac of Europe:oldlol:

JVG. Well we have the real TMac here sit your ass down you turnover machine.:oldlol:

Strange how Van Gundy got fired and never once even got a job offer again.

Rooster
07-28-2013, 07:04 PM
NBA is softest pro league in basketball world. NBA is softer than butter league.

You are a deranged lunatic.

Childress made the All Euroleague 2nd team:oldlol:

He can't even the 2nd team of his NBA team:facepalm

Linus Kleiza was cut by a mediocre team:oldlol:

Then became the highest paid Euroleague team.:facepalm

Farmar was waving towels in the Lakers bench rooting for Smush.:oldlol:

And he was the highest paid Euroleague player last year.:facepalm

Rooster
07-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Strange how Van Gundy got fired and never once even got a job offer again.

And Spanoulis came back to where he belongs.:rolleyes:

Career minor leaguer.:oldlol:

Fiba basketball
07-28-2013, 07:07 PM

No most of Euros aren't soft but the best ones mostly (not all) are and thats why you think that.

Teodosic played against teams that play with more contact than any NBA team and he did ok, not as good as he can but was good and since handchecking isn't allowed in NBA he wouldn't have problems. Also he is one of few players that know how to use screen the best you can and thats why he can get open no matter how quick or strong is the player that guards him and when he does because of his quick release he can shot righ away or find a open man because of his court vision.

Euroleague
07-28-2013, 07:08 PM
No most of Euros aren't soft but the best ones mostly (not all) are and thats why you think that.

Teodosic played against teams that play with more contact than any NBA team and he did ok, not as good as he can but was good and since handchecking isn't allowed in NBA he wouldn't have problems. Also he is one of few players that know how to use screen the best you can and thats why he can get open no matter how quick or strong is the player that guards him and when he does because of his quick release he can shot righ away or find a open man because of his court vision.

Can't you see that Rooster is a troll? He's one of gabepizza's aliases.

About Obradovic, you won't admit it and I know you won't because he's Serbian and every time I tried to criticize him you argued with me.

But Obradovic has an EXTREMELY LOW moral character. Teodosic is a definite huge head case with horrible attitude, but I don't think he's a bad guy.

He just has a horrible temper and lack of self control. But I don't think he's a scum bag or bad guy even.

Nice guys can only last so long until they can no longer stand the sight of Obradovic. Guys that are not bad guys, but have a temper or an edge like Milos might last a little longer, but they too will not be able to stomach Obradovic very long.

You have to be a huge psychopath dirt bag, scum bag total POS like Diamantidis, Batiste, or Tsartsaris is to really be able to get along with Obradovic very well.

Like you say he had bad relationship with Spanoulis.......Spanoulis is a nice guy, probably nicest pro athlete you can ever meet in your life.

That won't work with Obradovic because of what a total scum he is. Teodosic will eventually tire of his ass and blow up on him. It's not like being coached by Giannakis that is old school but has an honest character.

Or being coached by Messina that has questionable character but he never is known to be bad to players. Not like being coached by Ivkovic that might get way to strict with players but he won't do back handed things to players.

Obradovic is a really scumbag POS and that's why you need psychopath owners like in PAO and psychopath players like Diamantidis to fit to him.

Teodosic does not need such a coach to get better. He just needs to reign in his own out of control ego.

FreezingTsmoove
07-28-2013, 07:11 PM
I mean to be fair Jennings did perform poorly in Euroleague. Went from 35.5 ppg in HS to barely 8 against men

Rooster
07-28-2013, 07:13 PM

Like most people said here, he fits well with Memphis. I think this is the best time for him to come to the NBA and he should. I think he will be a pretty good role player. Defensively he will have problem but Memphis is a pretty good team defensive so they will minimize his shortcomings.

Fiba basketball
07-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Like most people said here, he fits well with Memphis. I think this is the best time for him to come to the NBA and he should. I think he will be a pretty good role player. Defensively he will have problem but Memphis is a pretty good team defensive so they will minimize his shortcomings.

You know what, this is a first time I saw you post about European basketball withoute trolling it would be nice if you continue like this.
I think he could be a starter not just a role player but we will see.

Euroleague
07-28-2013, 07:35 PM
You know what, this is a first time I saw you post about European basketball withoute trolling it would be nice if you continue like this.

he got worried when the gabepizza alias was exposed.

Fiba basketball
07-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Can't you see that Rooster is a troll? He's one of gabepizza's aliases.

About Obradovic, you won't admit it and I know you won't because he's Serbian and every time I tried to criticize him you argued with me.

But Obradovic has an EXTREMELY LOW moral character. Teodosic is a definite huge head case with horrible attitude, but I don't think he's a bad guy.

He just has a horrible temper and lack of self control. But I don't think he's a scum bag or bad guy even.

Nice guys can only last so long until they can no longer stand the sight of Obradovic. Guys that are not bad guys, but have a temper or an edge like Milos might last a little longer, but they too will not be able to stomach Obradovic very long.

You have to be a huge psychopath dirt bag, scum bag total POS like Diamantidis, Batiste, or Tsartsaris is to really be able to get along with Obradovic very well.

Like you say he had bad relationship with Spanoulis.......Spanoulis is a nice guy, probably nicest pro athlete you can ever meet in your life.

That won't work with Obradovic because of what a total scum he is. Teodosic will eventually tire of his ass and blow up on him. It's not like being coached by Giannakis that is old school but has an honest character.

Or being coached by Messina that has questionable character but he never is known to be bad to players. Not like being coached by Ivkovic that might get way to strict with players but he won't do back handed things to players.

Obradovic is a really scumbag POS and that's why you need psychopath owners like in PAO and psychopath players like Diamantidis to fit to him.

Teodosic does not need such a coach to get better. He just needs to reign in his own out of control ego.

I agree about Teodosic but not about Obradovic.

Yes Obradovic isn't the best person on the world but he isn't as bad as you wrote. He coached a lot of great players like Djordjevic, Danilovic, Bodiroga and worked with a lot of head coaches and is great friend with some of them like Ivkovic and since non of them are horrible people or said bad things about him I don't think that he is bad.

alenleomessi
07-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Euroleague point guards are much bigger than NBA point guards idiot.

And Teodosic would never play point guard in NBA. He's a ball dominant two guard, even in Europe. Only coach that thinks differently is Messina.

In every other team in Europe he has been on, he played as a ball dominant two guard.

Also, Antic is SERBIAN.

Since you are so keen about facts. Let's talk actual facts. His parents are Serbs.
who said anything about who is bigger or if antic is serbian or not... learn to read better, idiot.

fact is teodosic would get burned worse than calderon on defense.. who cares if he is tall when those black guards will run past him like he is a f*cking joke... if he plays sg it would be even worse..

Euroleague
07-28-2013, 08:58 PM
I agree about Teodosic but not about Obradovic.

Yes Obradovic isn't the best person on the world but he isn't as bad as you wrote. He coached a lot of great players like Djordjevic, Danilovic, Bodiroga and worked with a lot of head coaches and is great friend with some of them like Ivkovic and since non of them are horrible people or said bad things about him I don't think that he is bad.

He's got terrible character, just like the owners of Panathinaikos and Diamantidis.

Euroleague
07-28-2013, 09:02 PM
who said anything about who is bigger or if antic is serbian or not... learn to read better, idiot.

fact is teodosic would get burned worse than calderon on defense.. who cares if he is tall when those black guards will run past him like he is a f*cking joke... if he plays sg it would be even worse..

You are a moron. First, Teodosic is much better at defense than Calderon is..............PLEASE

Calderon makes Jasikevicius look like a defensive stopper.

Second, Teodosic is only bad at defending PG, he's never been bad at defending SG, and certainly many NBA shooting guards are worse on defense than he is.

So you are totally FULL OF SHIT. If Teodosic was even half as bad on defense as you falsely claim, he would have never played a second under coaches like Giannakis and Ivkovic.

In fact, just comparing to the CSKA team he plays on, he's WAY BETTER AT DEFENSE THAN SONNY WEEMS BY FAR AND AWAY.

Sonny Weems was a starter in the NBA at shooting guard position. So just drop the bullshit.

And "fastest point guard in NBA" Ty Lawson was not running past anyone when he played in Euroleague.

Besides the fact that even at PG he's much better at defense than Calderon by far, and Calderon has been a starter in NBA for years and years. You are completely and totally full of shit and are just another NBA only fan.

Teodosic should be used to guard SG, as he is bad at defending PG position, but truth be told, EVERY POINT GUARD IN NBA IS BAD AT DEFENSE.

You cannot even hand check and there is a defensive 3 seconds rule and no true zone defense. No NBA team cares about defense from a PG.

Patrick freaking Beverley is considered a defensive lock down defender in NBA and he was cut by Olympiacos because Spanoulis torched him so bad in Greek finals.

Freaking Chris Paul is considered a good defender in NBA and he would be easily one of worst defenders at point guard position in Euroleague.

Andrew Wiggins
07-28-2013, 09:02 PM
euroleague. you obviously understand the game but why do you post on an nba forum if you hate it so much?

sonny weems started 1/3rd of his games in the nba btw

RRR3
07-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Russell Westbrook is the fastest player I've seen

duskovujosevic
07-28-2013, 09:28 PM
from some sources in serbia. milos had turned down the offer from memphis.
milos was obradovic's wish from the very begging in fener, so i think he found the way to deal with milos's temper or is most likely to find. bo mccaleb is going to CSKA

Euroleague
07-28-2013, 09:36 PM
from some sources in serbia. milos had turned down the offer from memphis.
milos was obradovic's wish from the very begging in fener, so i think he found the way to deal with milos's temper or is most likely to find. bo mccaleb is going to CSKA

If this is true, then Messina is a strange guy and I have no idea what CSKA manager Vatutin is doing............

42 million euros budget for this:

Bo McCalebb/Jeremy Pargo/Evgeniy Voronov
Vitaly Fridzon/Aaron Jackson/Aleksey Zozulin
Sonny Weems/Vladimir Micov/Alexander Gudumak
Viktor Khryapa/Kyle Hines/Andrey Vorontsevich
Sasha Kaun/Nenad Krstic/Grigoriy Shuhovtsov

42 million euros for THAT?

:lol :roll: :facepalm

Haymaker
07-28-2013, 10:01 PM

Because this is one of the NBA's oldest marketing schemes and tricks - to take a European star from Europe, then bench him in NBA to prove NBA "superiority".

C'mon man, this is tin-foil hat,conspiracy theorist bullshit. If a team invests money to sign a player, they will make sure to give him PT to see if he clicks. If he does not, they get rid of him. I know there are some asshole coaches and not all european players can adapt to the NBA game, but this conspiracy theory is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure Spanoulis would've done a better job in some other team, but let's not pretend that he would dominate the NBA if given starter minutes. Petrovic was a beast and he proved himself with the Nets, who gave him a starter role because of it. Why the Nets coach did not sit him like you say they did to Spanoulis?

PickernRoller
07-28-2013, 10:30 PM
Dang.....this shit derailed in like the third post...:lol :roll:

Euroleague
07-28-2013, 10:34 PM
C'mon man, this is tin-foil hat,conspiracy theorist bullshit. If a team invests money to sign a player, they will make sure to give him PT to see if he clicks. If he does not, they get rid of him. I know there are some asshole coaches and not all european players can adapt to the NBA game, but this conspiracy theory is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure Spanoulis would've done a better job in some other team, but let's not pretend that he would dominate the NBA if given starter minutes. Petrovic was a beast and he proved himself with the Nets, who gave him a starter role because of it. Why the Nets coach did not sit him like you say they did to Spanoulis?

Petrovic was benched in Blazers and only NBA team would even trade for him was the Nets. He would be labeled as "scrub" by all NBA fans if he left Blazers as he almost did and went back to Europe.

It's fact.

It's absolute fact.

You can just scan through current list of NBA players at NBA.com not only are there tons of American scrubs, but there are tons of European scrubs also.

I am sure NBA just wanted to sign Teodocis to bench him, then say "see NBA is superior".

They did it many times before. Pekovic almost left NBA after his rookie season because of how they were treating him, and this whole forum except me and Fiba were calling him "scrub that can dominate in Europe but can never make it in NBA superior league".

NBA is a joke these days. Where literally guys that are scrubs in Europe are getting signed to NBA all the time.

Haymaker
07-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Petrovic was benched in Blazers and only NBA team would even trade for him was the Nets. He would be labeled as "scrub" by all NBA fans if he left Blazers as he almost did and went back to Europe.

It's fact.

It's absolute fact.

You can just scan through current list of NBA players at NBA.com not only are there tons of American scrubs, but there are tons of European scrubs also.

I am sure NBA just wanted to sign Teodocis to bench him, then say "see NBA is superior".

They did it many times before. Pekovic almost left NBA after his rookie season because of how they were treating him, and this whole forum except me and Fiba were calling him "scrub that can dominate in Europe but can never make it in NBA superior league".

NBA is a joke these days. Where literally guys that are scrubs in Europe are getting signed to NBA all the time.

What about Anthony Parker's success in Europe? He was a scrub in NBA. I think some players can play better in specific systems. There's no conspiracy to make euro stars look bad. I'm curious about who do you think are the best players in the NBA.

Rooster
07-28-2013, 10:49 PM

It's fact.

It's absolute fact.

European scrubs are cheaper.

Why do you pay million bucks

For a player that wave towels

If you can get a Euro scrub for half of that

But our scrubs are quite pricey my friend

Michael Jordan Farmar was the highest paid Euroleague player

This time it's Linus Kleiza.

And they are expected to lead the team.

Just like those scrubs

VSpan and Rudy,:oldlol:

Rooster
07-28-2013, 10:55 PM
What about Anthony Parker's success in Europe? He was a scrub in NBA. I think some players can play better in specific systems. There's no conspiracy to make euro stars look bad. I'm curious about who do you think are the best players in the NBA.

Also our summer league scrubs and NBA rejects

Are Euroleague MVPs

Nate Huffman, Joseph Blair, Langdon, Edney

List goes on.

In facts

We have more players on all Euroleague team

Than any nation in Europe

We have more players in Euroleague greatest players

Euroleague All Decade Team

Euroleague MVPs

Than any country in Europe

And most of them are our rejects

And NBA scrubs

And the corpses of Mc Adoo and Nique dominated them too.

Facts:oldlol:

Absolute facts.:roll:

KG215
07-28-2013, 11:03 PM

Here's the list of guards that averaged 20 and 10 last year:

As you can see, he'd be in pretty elite company if he did it.

Jameerthefear
07-28-2013, 11:08 PM
Also our summer league scrubs and NBA rejects

Are Euroleague MVPs

Nate Huffman, Joseph Blair, Langdon, Edney

List goes on.

In facts

We have more players on all Euroleague team

Than any nation in Europe

We have more players in Euroleague greatest players

Euroleague All Decade Team

Euroleague MVPs

Than any country in Europe

And most of them are our rejects

And NBA scrubs

And the corpses of Mc Adoo and Nique dominated them too.

Facts:oldlol:

Absolute facts.:roll:
Damn. Straight up destroyed

bdreason
07-29-2013, 12:44 AM
He's certainly an NBA caliber player. Not sure how well his game will translate to the NBA though.

deja vu
07-29-2013, 03:03 AM
Did someone just said that Chris Paul would be one of the worst defenders in the Euroleague? :lol

Teodosic averaging 20-10 in the NBA. :lol So he's like prime Magic Johnson now? Dude can't defend and will get wrecked in the NBA.

Dr.J4ever
07-29-2013, 03:42 AM
A completely good thread ruined by the Euroleague Nazi!:facepalm

Fiba basketball
07-29-2013, 10:30 AM
Did someone just said that Chris Paul would be one of the worst defenders in the Euroleague? :lol

Teodosic averaging 20-10 in the NBA. :lol So he's like prime Magic Johnson now? Dude can't defend and will get wrecked in the NBA.

Paul is too short to be a good defender, I don't get how some people don't understand that.

Tedosic could average around 10 assists if given enoguh minutes but I don't think he could score 20 ppg. There are players in NBA that are worse defenders than him and if he plays for Memphis his defence wouldn't be a problem.

rustycage
07-29-2013, 11:28 AM
Or being coached by Messina that has questionable character
What's questionable about him?
Anyway, Teodosic would have been a turnover machine. Good for Memphis (btw, I still can't believe they didn't try and get Calderon, who is perfect for their slow-paced offense).
On another side: please, stop comparing every non-american guard to Spanoulis just for the sake of arguing. We all know he could have been better but he simply wasn't meant to be.

Andrew Wiggins
07-29-2013, 11:31 AM
Paul is too short to be a good defender, I don't get how some people don't understand that.

Tedosic could average around 10 assists if given enoguh minutes but I don't think he could score 20 ppg. There are players in NBA that are worse defenders than him and if he plays for Memphis his defence wouldn't be a problem.

are you retarded? :biggums:

it's called ball pressure and not allowing the man to get past you. he's great at stripping the other ball handler and breaking up their time to get into offensive sets

Dr.J4ever
07-29-2013, 11:35 AM

I only saw milos once in the 2010 worlds where he was impressive. Really havent heard much in the us media about this offer but memphis really needs perimeter scoring desperately. Hope he comes over

Fiba basketball
07-29-2013, 12:04 PM

it's called ball pressure and not allowing the man to get past you. he's great at stripping the other ball handler and breaking up their time to get into offensive sets

I know what ball pressure is but when you are that much smaller player you are guarding can just push you with his shoulder. For example Teodosic turns his back to basket when he is setting offense so you can't steal him the ball unless you are very aggressive but than he can just push you away because he is beigger and he has open path to the basket.

Playing aggressive defense doesn't mean playing good defense and thats the problem with USA players. Your NTs always play with a lot of ball pressure but they allowe 80,90 pts, I'm sorry but so what if you stole the ball 9 times because of that kind of defense when you allowe that much points.

Dr.J4ever
07-29-2013, 12:14 PM
I know what ball pressure is but when you are that much smaller player you are guarding can just push you with his shoulder. For example Teodosic turns his back to basket when he is setting offense so you can't steal him the ball unless you are very aggressive but than he can just push you away because he is beigger and he has open path to the basket.

Playing aggressive defense doesn't mean playing good defense and thats the problem with USA players. Your NTs always play with a lot of ball pressure but they allowe 80the,90 pts, I'm sorry but so what if you stole the ball 9 times because of that kind of defense when you allowe that much points.
The bottom line with ball pressure is stealing the ball and increasing the pace. This is why points allowed is not as important as point differential. If i give up 80 points so what .....as long as i score 130 points which oftentimes is the us result.

Fiba basketball
07-29-2013, 12:27 PM
The bottom line with ball pressure is stealing the ball and increasing the pace. This is why points allowed is not as important as point differential. If i give up 80 points so what .....as long as i score 130 points which oftentimes is the us result.

I agree that the win is what matters but I was just saying that it isn't a good defense and that Paul can't be good defensive player just because of ball pressure. With his size he can be average defender at best.

Rooster
07-29-2013, 12:45 PM

Playing aggressive defense doesn't mean playing good defense and thats the problem with USA players. Your NTs always play with a lot of ball pressure but they allowe 80,90 pts, I'm sorry but so what if you stole the ball 9 times because of that kind of defense when you allowe that much points.

We play fast pace aggressive defense and getting easy transition basket because our players are so athletic and so quick and we used that to our advantage. If we have bunch of gazelles, why do you slow them down. Spain did try to play like us on Eurobasket and they were successful but they can't play that game against us.

If we want to play slow game and limit teams to 60-70 points, we can hire Mika Fratello put a slow paced kinda team with methodical and tactical approached to the game.

Rooster
07-29-2013, 12:51 PM
I only saw milos once in the 2010 worlds where he was impressive. Really havent heard much in the us media about this offer but memphis really needs perimeter scoring desperately. Hope he comes over

I don't believed the 6 million offer. That's like too good to be true. I'm pretty sure his agent put that on the table to leverage a better deal with teams like Fener. Teodisic potential is a role player at best.

Fiba basketball
07-29-2013, 12:54 PM
We play fast pace aggressive defense and getting easy transition basket because our players are so athletic and so quick and we used that to our advantage. If we have bunch of gazelles, why do you slow them down. Spain did try to play like us on Eurobasket and they were successful but they can't play that game against us.

If we want to play slow game and limit teams to 60-70 points, we can hire Mika Fratello put a slow paced kinda team with methodical and tactical approached to the game.

I know you can and I understand why you play like this and you should continue to play like this ,all I wanted to say is that you allowe a lot of points so you can't call it a good defense.

Fiba basketball
07-29-2013, 12:58 PM
I don't believed the 6 million offer. That's like too good to be true. I'm pretty sure his agent put that on the table to leverage a better deal with teams like Fener. Teodisic potential is a role player at best.

6 million $ in NBA is around 2,5 million

Rooster
07-29-2013, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=Fiba basketball]6 million $ in NBA is around 2,5 million

gabepizza
07-29-2013, 01:26 PM

It's fact.

It's absolute fact.

They did it many times before. Pekovic almost left NBA after his rookie season because of how they were treating him, and this whole except me and Fiba were calling him "scrub that can dominate in Europe but can never make it in NBA superior league".

The Euroleague is more of a joke. In fact it is really more of a joke than a lingerie league. Literally guys that are scrubs in the NBA come over to Euroleague and are the top players, breaking scoring records, getting selected to all-Euroleague teams. What a joke. I am just waiting for the first WNBA player to be allowed in Euroleague. She probably show up those soft, slow, unathletic Euros too.

I mean look at the soft, slow scrub Spanoulis. He was the ultimate NBA scrub 2.7 ppg and comes over to Euroleague and is the MVP! I mean this is the guy who got eliminated by Nigeria!! I feel bad for his children. He should just kill himself now and stop embarrassing his family and nation with his soft, slow play. What a disgrace!

TheGreatDeraj
07-29-2013, 01:35 PM
I know you can and I understand why you play like this and you should continue to play like this ,all I wanted to say is that you allowe a lot of points so you can't call it a good defense.

Gotta disagree here. Just allowing a lot of points isn't necessarily bad defense. Good defense is taking away what the offense want's to do. If putting ball pressure takes them out of what they are trying to do, even if they score more points, it is still good defense.

If USA played grind it out defense against an opponent who wanted to play a slow, grind it out half court style with a bunch of post ups and complex offensive schemes then the game would be closer even if the point totals were lower.

Force that team to speed it up and they are not playing a style they are used to and are comfortable with.

Giving Lebron wide open jumpers all series wasn't textbook "good defense" but it took away spacing, made Lebron question his decisions, and didn't allow Miami to play offense the way they wanted to. The spurs were only one rebound away...only one last second three from winning a title by playing "bad" defense.

As long as you're controlling the game and the pace in your favor and inhibiting what the other team wants to do it's good strategy.

rhythmic
07-29-2013, 01:49 PM

Did you honestly just say that he could replace Conley as Memphis's starting PG? Or do you mean he's possibly a starting caliber PG in the NBA?

Conley is a pretty elite point guard, in my opinion.

Fiba basketball
07-29-2013, 04:41 PM
Gotta disagree here. Just allowing a lot of points isn't necessarily bad defense. Good defense is taking away what the offense want's to do. If putting ball pressure takes them out of what they are trying to do, even if they score more points, it is still good defense.

If USA played grind it out defense against an opponent who wanted to play a slow, grind it out half court style with a bunch of post ups and complex offensive schemes then the game would be closer even if the point totals were lower.

Force that team to speed it up and they are not playing a style they are used to and are comfortable with.

Giving Lebron wide open jumpers all series wasn't textbook "good defense" but it took away spacing, made Lebron question his decisions, and didn't allow Miami to play offense the way they wanted to. The spurs were only one rebound away...only one last second three from winning a title by playing "bad" defense.

As long as you're controlling the game and the pace in your favor and inhibiting what the other team wants to do it's good strategy.

What you say is only true in youth turnaments where only 1 or 2 players are going to became good enough for EL or some other good league but when you play against elite players like for example USA did against Spain (by elite I'm talking aboute at least good players on EL lvl) they stay calm and focused so ball pressue doesn't have that kind of an impact.

Fiba basketball
07-29-2013, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

ncrizzle
07-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Grizzlies did not offer this guy 6 million. They have a little over 2 million before they go into the luxury. Someone is trying to puff this guy up

zac
07-29-2013, 07:42 PM
Grizzlies did not offer this guy 6 million. They have a little over 2 million before they go into the luxury. Someone is trying to puff this guy up
Came here to say this. This article is not correct at all. They've been talking with a few dudes overseas (GiGi Datomi, Joe Ingles) but have been offering around $900K a year which both players turned down. They wouldn't offer another guy 6 times that amount to be an end of the bench guy, especially when they just landed the rights to Calathes who would be brought over for the minimum.

Fiba basketball
07-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Came here to say this. This article is not correct at all. They've been talking with a few dudes overseas (GiGi Datomi, Joe Ingles) but have been offering around $900K a year which both players turned down. They wouldn't offer another guy 6 times that amount to be an end of the bench guy, especially when they just landed the rights to Calathes who would be brought over for the minimum.
That is what his agent said and since Teodosic is one of the best and most payed players in Europe he doesn't need lies to get a team to offer him a lot of money. Players you named are role players in big teams at best but Teodosic is the star so they would need to give him more and would give him bigger role.

Euroleague
07-29-2013, 09:33 PM

Chris Paul would be considered a bad defender by Euroleague standards. Absolutely ZERO doubt about that.

Euroleague
07-29-2013, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=Fiba basketball]6 million $ in NBA is around 2,5 million

Euroleague
07-29-2013, 09:39 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Euroleague
07-29-2013, 09:43 PM

Not this bs again.

Nick Calathes is being offered a 4 year $16 million extension by his Russian team.

HE IS NOT SIGNING A ROOKIE MINIMUM NBA DEAL TO BE A THIRD STRING POINT GUARD.

HE WILL EITHER GET A GOOD CONTRACT OR HE WILL BE A GUARANTEED ROTATION PLAYER.

OTHERWISE HE IS NOT SIGNING THAT CONTRACT.

And Teodosic is way better than guys like Datome, Ingles, and Calathes. You just prove that you do not know a thing about any non NBA related basketball.

You cannot compare those players. Teodosic is a legit star in Europe, maybe possibly a top 5 Euroleague player.

Those other guys are average role players at Euroleague level.

Rooster
07-29-2013, 10:54 PM
:lol :oldlol: :roll: :rolleyes: :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

WTF are you SERIOUS?

Teodosic is way freaking better than Conley.

:wtf:

Teodosic is probably the 3rd best point guard in Europe after Spanoulis and Diamantidis.

LMFAO at Mike Conley being better than Teodosic.................

:roll:

If he was better than Conley.

I'm pretty sure NBA teams would line up and

Give him the same money like Conley

Even that 6 million is sketchy.

Role player is more like it.

Not a scrub like Spanoulis.:oldlol:

Miller for 3
07-29-2013, 11:40 PM
lol at delusional NBA only fans thinking that Mike Conley will start over Teodosic. Milos is a top 3 PG in the world, and NBA GMs have been coveting him for years. If he comes to the Grizz, they become locks for the titles, and will challenge the Bulls 72 win record.

As NBA fans, you should be excited that arguably the best player in the world is going to grace your league. Instead you troll this thread and ruin good discussion with utter ignorance. You will eat crow in 9 months, when Milos is hoisitng his ROY, MVP, and FMVP awards on a float during the Grizzlies victory parade in downtown Memhpis :bowdown:

Dr.J4ever
07-30-2013, 12:11 AM
lol at delusional NBA only fans thinking that Mike Conley will start over Teodosic. Milos is a top 3 PG in the world, and NBA GMs have been coveting him for years. If he comes to the Grizz, they become locks for the titles, and will challenge the Bulls 72 win record.

As NBA fans, you should be excited that arguably the best player in the world is going to grace your league. Instead you troll this thread and ruin good discussion with utter ignorance. You will eat crow in 9 months, when Milos is hoisitng his ROY, MVP, and FMVP awards on a float during the Grizzlies victory parade in downtown Memhpis :bowdown:

Yes, the Euroleague is superior, have the best athletes, are bigger than NBA players, faster too, but, and this is important, no one, I repeat no one, uses PED's. Milos will average 20 and 10 in the inferior NBA, and will win all the above awards. :lol

zac
07-30-2013, 02:38 AM
That is what his agent said and since Teodosic is one of the best and most payed players in Europe he doesn't need lies to get a team to offer him a lot of money. Players you named are role players in big teams at best but Teodosic is the star so they would need to give him more and would give him bigger role.
That's fine and I'll give you that the other guys I mentioned are role players. I'm just saying, I am very close to Memphis and keep and eye on everything they do and right now Mo Williams is in Memphis and all signs are pointing to him being signed and it would be at less than $3mil a year for sure. Because of the small market and the way the revenue sharing works, they do not want to lose out on that money. Memphis is not a huge city like NYC or LA and has to be smart with their revenue. They will go into the tax for the right proven NBA players but they aren't looking to land a guy like this. Again, they have been looking at solid, but definitely back up PGs on cheap deals to just add that missing piece. They front ffice, coaches, and fans all love Conley and he gets better every year and will see 35mpg easily. Based on the Grizzlies front office moves, and the way they've been going about this offseason, it just doesn't add up at all. There might just be a miscommunication in the money translation but it would not have been at $6mil a year.

Euroleague
07-30-2013, 08:40 AM
That's fine and I'll give you that the other guys I mentioned are role players. I'm just saying, I am very close to Memphis and keep and eye on everything they do and right now Mo Williams is in Memphis and all signs are pointing to him being signed and it would be at less than $3mil a year for sure. Because of the small market and the way the revenue sharing works, they do not want to lose out on that money. Memphis is not a huge city like NYC or LA and has to be smart with their revenue. They will go into the tax for the right proven NBA players but they aren't looking to land a guy like this. Again, they have been looking at solid, but definitely back up PGs on cheap deals to just add that missing piece. They front ffice, coaches, and fans all love Conley and he gets better every year and will see 35mpg easily. Based on the Grizzlies front office moves, and the way they've been going about this offseason, it just doesn't add up at all. There might just be a miscommunication in the money translation but it would not have been at $6mil a year.

They offered the same amount to Spanoulis only for 3 years. And as far as I know they have different agents.

So it's not his agent making it up.

Also what happened to Calathes is taking rookie minimum to be a 3rd stringer? Come to think of it, it's been several days now since he had "95% for sure agreed to sign for the rookie minimum and to be a 3rd string PG"..........

yet nothing announced at all................
odd...............especially since the Grizzlies keep looking at numerous other point guards like West, Williams, etc.

HomieWeMajor
07-30-2013, 08:44 AM
The real story is that he turned down the money because he was too scared to play in the NBA.

Euroleague
07-30-2013, 08:45 AM

Teodosic is 6-5 or 6-6 and I guess he is about 220.

Euroleague
07-30-2013, 08:47 AM
The real story is that he turned down the money because he was too scared to play in the NBA.

Euroleague is a higher level than NBA.

Andrew Wiggins
07-30-2013, 08:50 AM
They offered the same amount to Spanoulis only for 3 years. And as far as I know they have different agents.

Also what happened to Calathes is taking rookie minimum to be a 3rd stringer? Come to think of it, it's been several days now since he had "95% for sure agreed to sign for the rookie minimum and to be a 3rd string PG"..........

odd...............especially since the Grizzlies keep looking at numerous other point guards like West, Williams, etc.

i contacted spanoulis' agent and he confirmed to me there was no offer from the grizzlies at any point time.

plowking
07-30-2013, 09:12 AM

Why aren't all the best NBA players rushing to go to Euroleague then? Where as, in your opinion the best Euroleague player in Spanoulis has tried to make it in the NBA.

What would be the reason for that? Why would he want to downgrade in leagues? Why did he even join the Rockets if it was a downgrade from the league he played in?

madmax
07-30-2013, 09:44 AM

I see what you did there...:lol :roll:

HomieWeMajor
07-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Then why did V-Span state that he would be will would be willing to play for the minimum to prove himself in the NBA again ?
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9519116/nba-vspan-why-i'm-bored-of-euroleague (http://www.upload.ee/image/2971847/scare4.swf)

morbius
07-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Teodosic is 6-5 or 6-6 and I guess he is about 220.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/20271_1193015262493_873533_n.jpg

Here is a picture of Teodosic with a former buddy of mine. The guy on the picture with him is about 6-0 to 6-1 and weighing around 75 kg (that's 175 pounds in the idiotic system). From the pic you can guess Teodosic measures.

HurricaneKid
07-30-2013, 03:22 PM
6 million $ in NBA is around 2,5 million € in Europe and Teodosic is one of the most payed players so if NBA teams wanted him they would need to offer something like that.

And $6 million in the NBA only comes to about 2.3 million euros in European salary.

You guys need to sue your elementary school math teachers.

$6M is > €4.5MM

Last I could find his contract was for €1.9MM. So no. Very much no.

And as stated earlier there is no way there was $6MM on the table for him. The Grizzles A) don't have that available and B) wouldn't pay that much.

Fiba basketball
07-30-2013, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=HurricaneKid]You guys need to sue your elementary school math teachers.

$6M is >

Euroleague
07-30-2013, 09:22 PM
You guys need to sue your elementary school math teachers.

$6M is > €4.5MM

Last I could find his contract was for €1.9MM. So no. Very much no.

And as stated earlier there is no way there was $6MM on the table for him. The Grizzles A) don't have that available and B) wouldn't pay that much.

NBA contracts are GROSS. Euroleague contracts are NET.

$6 million GROSS is NOT = €4.5 million euros NET

zac
07-30-2013, 11:36 PM

Calathes is in Memphis right now player.

Euroleague
07-31-2013, 08:15 PM
Calathes is in Memphis right now player.

Where is that announcement that he signed a contract at "rookie NBA minimum and agreed to be the team's 3rd string point guard".

That was your claim and you argued and argued it and said it was 95%.

dr.hee
07-31-2013, 08:29 PM
Where is that announcement that he signed a contract at "rookie NBA minimum and agreed to be the team's 3rd string point guard".

So the guy making up stuff about Spanoulis having offers from Philly, Indiana, Dallas and the Lakers is asking for sources now:roll:

Rooster
07-31-2013, 09:03 PM

Because that's what his worth.

Michael Jordan Farmar signed the same thing and he is 3rd string too.

I was wondering why Greece are complaining about him not playing for his adapted country.

Can't they have another scrubs to replace him.

zac
08-01-2013, 03:30 AM

Mo Williams was not in play when they traded for Calathes rights. Calathes himself is wanting to be in then a this year. If the Grizzlies don't sign Williams, they will sign Calathes and he will be brought in as a 3rd string PG in competition with Wroten for the back up PG minutes. The front office has not been too impressed with Wroten's development so far so the competition is for him. Calathes is in no way, regardless of a Mo Williams signing or Wroten trade, guaranteed a back up spot even but they did trade for him and he's in Memphis right now for a reason. The fact that the Grizzlies are back in the mix for Greg Oden just makes its a better case for Calathes because they won't sign Oden and Williams. In a nut shell it's sign Williams sa a primary backup at both guard spots vs Bayless, Wroten, Calathes, and Oden.

/serious reply to Eureleague

Euroleague
08-01-2013, 06:03 AM
Mo Williams was not in play when they traded for Calathes rights. Calathes himself is wanting to be in then a this year. If the Grizzlies don't sign Williams, they will sign Calathes and he will be brought in as a 3rd string PG in competition with Wroten for the back up PG minutes. The front office has not been too impressed with Wroten's development so far so the competition is for him. Calathes is in no way, regardless of a Mo Williams signing or Wroten trade, guaranteed a back up spot even but they did trade for him and he's in Memphis right now for a reason. The fact that the Grizzlies are back in the mix for Greg Oden just makes its a better case for Calathes because they won't sign Oden and Williams. In a nut shell it's sign Williams sa a primary backup at both guard spots vs Bayless, Wroten, Calathes, and Oden.

/serious reply to Eureleague

So you actually believe Calathes will leave a 4 year $16 million contract extension with his club in Russia to,

be a 3rd string point guard with the Grizzlies at NBA rookie league minimum?

Yes or NO?

Do you actually believe that or not?

Fiba basketball
10-07-2013, 01:43 PM
https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson

[QUOTE]Notes on CSKA Moscow tonight vs #Twolves: Kahn/Ronzone regime tried, like many teams, to acquire G Milo

BoutPractice
10-07-2013, 01:54 PM
I would love to see him play in the NBA, he's one of my favourite European players. He's got this nonchalant badass air about him ('sorry, I just got out of bed, do you mind if I start hitting some 3s'), makes the same kind of ridiculous long range bombers Stephen Curry will sometimes give you, and is an underrated playmaker. . He's also wildly inconsistent which makes for fun basketball. Late in games, he can either completely take over or lose you the game by himself.

Sakkreth
10-07-2013, 01:56 PM
I would love to see him play in the NBA, he's one of my favourite European players. He's got this nonchalant badass air about him ('sorry, I just got out of bed, do you mind if I start hitting some 3s'), makes the same kind of ridiculous long range bombers Stephen Curry will sometimes give you, and is an underrated playmaker. . He's also wildly inconsistent which makes for fun basketball. Late in games, he can either completely take over or lose you the game by himself.

That's right on point and that's why I think he's overrated.

Fiba basketball
10-07-2013, 02:59 PM

Realy ? He's much better passer than a shooter, I heard people say he's one of the best passers they saw and even people here in Serbia that hate him because of his shot selection say things like he should just stick with passing.

That's right on point and that's why I think he's overrated.

He was top 5 in scoring and assits in last season top 16, not sure how many players can do that. I understand why you think he's overrated but you could say that Kobe is overrated for the same reason ( ironically Kobe is Teodosics favourite player )

AirTupac
10-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Always the same story. So and so want this Euroleague player and 80% of the time nothing materalizes.

Dr.J4ever
10-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Cska battling minny in ot. Milos 20plus points 9ass. 5reb. Cska using der best lineup minny wid reserves derrick n shved n turiaf. Milos can be an nba star i think.....bad on defense though

Dr.J4ever
10-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Cska defeats minny 108-106 in ot.... minny didnt use starters after 3rd quarter. In fairness cska beat minny in 3rd quarter also..

bdreason
10-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Preseason is preseason. Sounds like a good finish though.

B-Easy8
10-07-2013, 10:56 PM
This dude just raped us...

Was schooling our starters then had a little bit less success against the bench players.

Would certainly be an above average NBA player.

Fiba basketball
10-08-2013, 03:35 AM

Was schooling our starters then had a little bit less success against the bench players.

Teodosic has been injured for 4 months and no one expected him to play against Wolves so if he can play this good in his first game after the injure imagine how good he can be when healthy.

alexd
10-08-2013, 03:57 AM
Teodosic has been injured for 4 months and no one expected him to play against Wolves so if he can play this good in his first game after the injure imagine how good he can be when healthy.
He never lacked talent.He s one of the most talented players in Europe but he lacks iq and discipline.He jacks loooong 3pointers for no reason and can shoot himself out of the game.He s the Westbrook of Europe minus the athleticism.When he plays under control he s great.When he s not..well he s a big factor that Ccka lost Euroleague finals to Olympiakos

madmax
10-08-2013, 04:10 AM
Teodosic's game is probably built for NBA anyway...I think his recklessness gets him into trouble when playing against disciplined european teams, but is not such an issue in a more relaxed and open NBA game. He should really come over the Atlantic as soon as possible while he's still young

jamal99
10-08-2013, 05:25 AM
He never lacked talent.He s one of the most talented players in Europe but he lacks iq and discipline.He jacks loooong 3pointers for no reason and can shoot himself out of the game.He s the Westbrook of Europe minus the athleticism.When he plays under control he s great.When he s not..well he s a big factor that Ccka lost Euroleague finals to Olympiakos
I don't really think he lacks bball iq, just discipline. He's so overconfident sometimes that it can cause troubles for his team, but he definitely has more iq than Westbrook...

Euroleague
10-08-2013, 06:12 AM

**** off

Euroleague
10-08-2013, 06:13 AM

According to you, Teodosic and Spanoulis "lack IQ".

I think clearly you lack IQ, seeing as how those are two of the smartest players in Europe.

Stop posting.

B-Easy8
10-08-2013, 07:07 AM
**** off

I was stating how good he is.

So you have a problem when people call Euroleague players scrubs and now when they are called good as well?

alexd
10-08-2013, 07:47 AM
According to you Teodosic and Spanoulis "lack IQ".

I think clearly you lack IQ, seeing as how those are two of the smartest players in Europe.

Stop posting.
both of them have a low iq
Teodosic throws up 3pointers from near the mid court.He shot Ccka out of the finals and handed it to Olympiacos.When he plays under control he can be great.But that s a big if.Until he grows up and start playing to the level he can then he ll underperform for me.He s really inconsistent.He was great with Serbia
Spanoulis is 3rd in career turnovers in Eurolegue with an average of 3.09
and 6th in assists with an average of 3.93.If you think that shows a high iq player then you can t read stats.To make it clear for you.on average he has almost the same assists as turnovers.And he dominates the ball :facepalm

alexd
10-08-2013, 07:48 AM
I don't really think he lacks bball iq, just discipline. He's so overconfident sometimes that it can cause troubles for his team, but he definitely has more iq than Westbrook...
yeah i can agree with you on that but he s really annoying in a sense that he can be so good when playing uder control but he lets his emotions get the worst of him

duskovujosevic
10-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Mesina told that this year he will be using Teo on SG

jamal99
10-08-2013, 09:44 AM
All Teo's points and assists (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rWodHdad2k0)

dr.hee
10-08-2013, 10:20 AM

So you have a problem when people call Euroleague players scrubs and now when they are called good as well?

Yup, Euroleague is losing it :lol

Dude is just insulting anybody now, nights get lonely and cold in Arkansas...

Euroleague
10-08-2013, 11:23 AM

"Would certainly be an above average NBA player"............

You are trolling.

Euroleague
10-08-2013, 11:25 AM
both of them have a low iq
Teodosic throws up 3pointers from near the mid court.He shot Ccka out of the finals and handed it to Olympiacos.When he plays under control he can be great.But that s a big if.Until he grows up and start playing to the level he can then he ll underperform for me.He s really inconsistent.He was great with Serbia
Spanoulis is 3rd in career turnovers in Eurolegue with an average of 3.09
and 6th in assists with an average of 3.93.If you think that shows a high iq player then you can t read stats.To make it clear for you.on average he has almost the same assists as turnovers.And he dominates the ball :facepalm

Diamantidis has a very low basketball IQ.

Diamantidis is all time Euroleague leader in turnovers.

Diamantidis has the crooked refs in his pocket.

Diamantidis spits on players.

Diamantidis hits players in the balls.

Diamantidis is the dirtiest player in Europe.

Rooster
10-08-2013, 11:29 AM

Diamntidis spits on players.

I think Diamintidis will averaged more than 4 points in the NBA :applause:

dr.hee
10-08-2013, 11:31 AM

Easily :applause:

Rooster
10-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Teodosic's game is probably built for NBA anyway...I think his recklessness gets him into trouble when playing against disciplined european teams, but is not such an issue in a more relaxed and open NBA game. He should really come over the Atlantic as soon as possible while he's still young

He should and he should stop wasting his prime years on minor league stuff.:cheers:

Euroleague
10-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Mesina told that this year he will be using Teo on SG

That's where he should be used in all honesty, at least on defense. He should be used as a combo on offense, but on defense as a two mostly.

Euroleague
10-08-2013, 11:35 AM

Maybe. But he for sure would average about 10 players spit on a season.

He's the biggest creep in European basketball.

dr.hee
10-08-2013, 11:36 AM

He would average more spits per game in the NBA than Spanoulis did in points and assists. But that's not too hard...

Euroleague
10-08-2013, 11:37 AM
He should and he should stop wasting his prime years on minor league stuff.:cheers:

Funny, you spent the last years here saying he was a "Euro scrub that could never make an NBA roster".

Euroleague
10-08-2013, 11:37 AM
He would average more spits per game in the NBA than Spanoulis did in points and assists. But that's not too hard...

Like you even know who Diamantidis is.

Rooster
10-08-2013, 11:38 AM

Still waiting for the first Greek to averaged more than 4 points a game in the NBA.:roll: :roll: :roll:

Euroleague
10-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Still waiting for the first Greek to averaged more than 4 points a game in the NBA.:roll: :roll: :roll:

Still waiting for your first non troll post in this forum.

Rooster
10-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Funny, you spent the last years here saying he was a "Euro scrub that could never make an NBA roster".

Role player at best. He look good against Martin but Xavier Henry had a monster game against the Warriors and he's a roster filler. I'm pretty sure he will be better than Spanoulis.

dr.hee
10-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Like you even know who Diamantidis is.

http://bundesliga.theoffside.com/files/2007/12/vollerrijkaard.jpg

On the right, spitting on Euroleague legend Rudillis Voelleropoulos. What a creep...

Euroleague
10-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Role player at best. He look good against Martin but Xavier Henry had a monster game against the Warriors and he's a roster filler.

You are a weak ass bitch of a troll at best.

kurple
10-08-2013, 11:54 AM
kosta koufos? or doesnt he count?

still, euroleague sucks. the poster and the league

Rooster
10-08-2013, 12:08 PM
kosta koufos? or doesnt he count?

still, euroleague sucks. the poster and the league

No unless you want to count Kyriakos Rambidis too :oldlol:

alexd
10-08-2013, 04:23 PM

Diamantidis spits on players.

Diamantidis on average has 2turnovers per game so your point is invalid.don t make me post again the stats that proved diamantidis>spanoulis
why even bring diamantidis in the conversation?I said a fact about spanoulis.it has nothing to do with diamantidis.you try to hard to prove something but the stats prove you wrong.why are you so insecure?

Fiba basketball
10-08-2013, 05:25 PM
yeah i can agree with you on that but he s really annoying in a sense that he can be so good when playing uder control but he lets his emotions get the worst of him

I think that Ivkovic described Teodosic the best. He said Teodosic loves to make long 3s in first seconds of offense, makes some crazy passes, do all that things that make basketball so interesting, in short put on a show for the crowd.

Because of that he makes mistakes but I think it's hard to find more entertaining player than Teodosic when he has his day and no matter from where he shots from he socres and every one of his passes finds the target. Just remember two years ago in the finals against Oly and how he played in first half, when he scored 2 3s in a row and than decided to shot anothere one from 8 or 9 m and made it and that no look pass he made minutes after it.
Ofcourse later on he showed the bad side of his game but that's probably what makes him so interesting to watch you just never know what will happen will you see one of the best moves you can imagine or something so stupid that you would want to beat the shit out of him.

Euroleague
10-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Diamantidis on average has 2turnovers per game so your point is invalid.don t make me post again the stats that proved diamantidis>spanoulis
why even bring diamantidis in the conversation?I said a fact about spanoulis.it has nothing to do with diamantidis.you try to hard to prove something but the stats prove you wrong.why are you so insecure?

Diamantidis is a psychopath. So are all of his fan boys.

Euroleague
10-08-2013, 05:45 PM
I think that Ivkovic described Teodosic the best. He said Teodosic loves to make long 3s in first seconds of offense, makes some crazy passes, do all that things that make basketball so interesting, in short put on a show for the crowd.

Because of that he makes mistakes but I think it's hard to find more entertaining player than Teodosic when he has his day and no matter from where he shots from he socres and every one of his passes finds the target. Just remember two years ago in the finals against Oly and how he played in first half, when he scored 2 3s in a row and than decided to shot anothere one from 8 or 9 m and made it and that no look pass he made minutes after it.
Ofcourse later on he showed the bad side of his game but that's probably what makes him so interesting to watch you just never know what will happen will you see one of the best moves you can imagine or something so stupid that you would want to beat the shit out of him.

Why are you responding to alexd? He's another one of KWSN-Men's (from interbasket) alias troll accounts.

He's a disturbed psycho and a colossal level troll.

BoutPractice
10-08-2013, 05:54 PM
How is it possible to dislike Diamantidis? (Especially as a 'Greek fan') A player who embodies defense and the 'team first' mentality, plays beautiful fundamental basketball, and is pretty much the personification of everything that made Greece great back when it was actually winning on the world stage?

Sakkreth
10-08-2013, 06:06 PM
How is it possible to dislike Diamantidis? (Especially as a 'Greek fan') A player who embodies defense and the 'team first' mentality, plays beautiful fundamental basketball, and is pretty much the personification of everything that made Greece great back when it was actually winning on the world stage?

That's actually very wrong.