PDA

View Full Version : Melo vs Lebron. 1 on 1

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 05:32 PM
Who y'all got?

No teammates, no help, accomplishments and rings out the window.

1 on 1 straight up to 21. Playing by 1 and 2s

I got Melo. Great offense always beats great defense.

SilkkTheShocker
07-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Considering LeBron shut him down like a little bitch every time he guarded him in the playoffs, im going with him.

imdaman99
07-29-2013, 05:34 PM
melos got too many moves in his offensive arsenal. melo will just give lebron the boris diaw defense.

21-13 melo wins

CavaliersFTW
07-29-2013, 05:35 PM
melos got too many moves in his offensive arsenal. melo will just give lebron the boris diaw defense.

21-13 melo wins
Honestly this, even though Lebron is the better 5 on 5 player by far, Melo is the definition of a brilliant one on one player. Melo would kill just about any player in the league one on one Lebron is no exception.

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Considering LeBron shut him down like a little bitch every time he guarded him in the playoffs, im going with him.

Lebron had help D also.

I'm talking bout straight up 1 on 1 playground style ball.

Melo got too much offense.

MavsSuperFan
07-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Melo's game is all iso

Lebron's the best 5 on 5 player, but his poor shooting, lack of post moves, and low creativity hurt him one on one.

HoopsFanNumero1
07-29-2013, 05:40 PM
Doesn't Lebron always shut him down?

HomieWeMajor
07-29-2013, 05:41 PM
I got Lebron
All he has to do is whisper "Honey Nuts" in Melo's ear and it's over

LosScandalous
07-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Melo.

LeBron couldnt do anything to slow down Melo's offensive repertoire. Melo is way too long for LeBron. Combine the fact that his athleticism+offensive arsenal is top 5 all time, LeBron would be lost.

Post, dribble, fadeaway or his post,dribble, drive (probably the best in NBA history) in bron bron's face and he could do nothing about it.

I got melo winning 21-14

Ai2death
07-29-2013, 06:01 PM
Doesn't Lebron always shut him down?

Classic apr2013 statement. Lebrob has played good D on melo a few times as of the last few seasons, but Melo had been demolishing the Lebron led Cavs for years.
Overall when they have faced, I believe Melo has the upper hand offensively.

Fresh Kid
07-29-2013, 06:07 PM
MELO hands down:oldlol:

#number6ix#
07-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Who y'all got?

I gotta give the edge to melo also

Trollsmasher
07-29-2013, 06:09 PM
If Melo starts with the ball, I have LeBron winning 21 to 0.

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 06:14 PM
If Melo starts with the ball, I have LeBron winning 21 to 0.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/nope.gif

CavaliersFTW
07-29-2013, 06:17 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/nope.gif
:oldlol: perfectly describes the situation

TheMan
07-29-2013, 06:38 PM
I don't get how people are taking Melo over LeBron. Melo is a turnstile of defense, plus he's fat. LBJ will be able to play D on Melo and make him take tough shots, LeBron will get any shot he wants against the slow footed on defense Anthony.

LBJ in a laugher.

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 06:43 PM
I don't get how people are taking Melo over LeBron. Melo is a turnstile of defense, plus he's fat. LBJ will be able to play D on Melo and make him take tough shots, LeBron will get any shot he wants against the slow footed on defense Anthony.

LBJ in a laugher.

Melo plays defense when he wants to.

Why everybody on ISH keep saying he's fat? This man plays basketball for a living and is in good shape.

He's far from being fat.

K Xerxes
07-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Two problems with Melo in a one on one setting:

- He is ****ing useless at shots around the rim, which are the highest percentage shots in a one on one. Even if he's a great jump shooter, those are less efficient shots and will miss some

- he is a shit man defender.

For all of LeBron's offensive versatility deficiencies, I think he has this one in the bag given that he can utilise the bulldozer option without too much difficulty.

The best one on one performers are Kobe and Jordan. Perfect offensive game, and great great man defenders in their heyday.

Crafty
07-29-2013, 07:04 PM
You need defense to win 1 on 1. Just saying

Sharmer
07-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Lebron

Unbiased_one
07-29-2013, 07:15 PM
Who y'all got?

I have little doubt that Melos offensive arsenal is much better overall. But melo is a subpar (if I'm kind) defender. Lebron would score a layup or dunk on every possession just by running past him. No fancy moves needed. All it takes is one misses jumper by melo...

All these one on one comparisons are stupid, as there's no such thing in an nba game. Just the presence of an interior big changes the dynamic of a matchup dramatically.

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Two problems with Melo in a one on one setting:

- He is ****ing useless at shots around the rim, which are the highest percentage shots in a one on one. Even if he's a great jump shooter, those are less efficient shots and will miss some

- he is a shit man defender.

For all of LeBron's offensive versatility deficiencies, I think he has this one in the bag given that he can utilise the bulldozer option without too much difficulty.

The best one on one performers are Kobe and Jordan. Perfect offensive game, and great great man defenders in their heyday.

Melo was getting hit a lot and no calls was given to him that's why he missed a lot around the rim.

Y'all act like he's Steve Nash on defense. He'll play defense when needed.

Melo has a better offensive game than both MJ and Kobe.

Again he plays defense when he want to.

nathanjizzle
07-29-2013, 07:18 PM
melo, he would be more tenacious in a 1vs1 game. i remember a story about him when he was an up and coming teenage basketball star, he played 1vs1 against another up and coming teenage basketball star in front of people from both neighborhoods and he won.

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 07:18 PM
I have little doubt that Melos offensive arsenal is much better overall. But melo is a subpar (if I'm kind) defender. Lebron would score a layup or dunk on every possession just by running past him. No fancy moves needed. All it takes is one misses jumper by melo...

All these one on one comparisons are stupid, as there's no such thing in an nba game. Just the presence of an interior big changes the dynamic of a matchup dramatically.

Lebron has a slow first step.

Melo play D when he wants too.

There's like a billion 1v1 scenarios on ISH. Don't single me out.

Lebron has help in game when they go head to head.

fos
07-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Lebron and it's not close. He'd shut Melo down and just blow by him to the bucket, Melo would be doing his matador defense.

Solefade
07-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Melo can have all the offensive moves he wants but LeBron probably just needs 2-3 moves he can use on Melo over and over cus he's a shit defender.

Melo has more offensive moves but he's a lot more inefficient than Bron at scoring so not sure what that has to do with him beating LeBron at 1v1.

Solefade
07-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Lebron has a slow first step.

Melo play D when he wants too.

There's like a billion 1v1 scenarios on ISH. Don't single me out.

Lebron has help in game when they go head to head.

So never? :lol

Fresh Kid
07-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Lebron and it's not close. He'd shut Melo down and just blow by him to the bucket, Melo would be doing his matador defense.
Lebron cant even guard barea,diaw and terry for crying out loud:roll: :roll: :roll:

KyleKong
07-29-2013, 07:27 PM
LeBron just because Melo doesn't play any defense.

NumberSix
07-29-2013, 07:28 PM
The floor plays more d than Melo.

Crafty
07-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Lebron cant even guard barea,diaw and terry for crying out loud:roll: :roll: :roll:
Paul. George.

funnystuff
07-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Lebron and its not close.

Melo is too chubby.

Fresh Kid
07-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Paul. George.
paul george what?:lol one time and only all star who avg. 17ppg, that fake star:oldlol:

Unbiased_one
07-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Melo was getting hit a lot and no calls was given to him that's why he missed a lot around the rim.

I don't think I've ever seen melo play any defense. He is an open door.

Melo isnt even in the same league as MJ and Kobe at anything.

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Melo can have all the offensive moves he wants but LeBron probably just needs 2-3 moves he can use on Melo over and over cus he's a shit defender.

Melo has more offensive moves but he's a lot more inefficient than Bron at scoring so not sure what that has to do with him beating LeBron at 1v1.

What are you talking about inefficient?

Most of Lebron's point are from fast breaks and easy buckets.

Lebron doesn't even have 2-3 moves to use.

He's a slow footed freight train. He won't be able to get up a head of steam in 1v1

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 07:36 PM
LeBron just because Melo doesn't play any defense.

What does Lebron do on defense that makes him so great?

Help D? Chase down blocks?

None of this helps when playing 1v1.

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 07:39 PM
I don't think I've ever seen melo play any defense. He is an open door.

Melo isnt even in the same league as MJ and Kobe at anything.

:biggums:

You obviously don't watch him play.

He has an better overall offensive game than MJ and Kobe.

MJ, Kobe, and Lebron are the most overrated players in the history of basketball.

Unbiased_one
07-29-2013, 07:42 PM
:biggums:

You obviously don't watch him play.

He has an better overall offensive game than MJ and Kobe.

MJ, Kobe, and Lebron are the most overrated players in the history of basketball.

MJ may be overrated, but he was pretty much an unstoppable perimeter player, especially in the important games. Melo is a chucker who will hurt his team as often as he helps them, and is just dreadful in the playoffs.

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 07:49 PM
MJ may be overrated, but he was pretty much an unstoppable perimeter player, especially in the important games. Melo is a chucker who will hurt his team as often as he helps them, and is just dreadful in the playoffs.

Melo is asked to score. He is a shooter and a scorer.

You have to shoot to score. It's simple.

He has to carry the offensive load for the Knicks.

A shooter should never stop shooting no matter how many you miss.

Sarcastic
07-29-2013, 08:12 PM

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/383027/carmelo-s-game-winner-o.gif

Fresh Kid
07-29-2013, 08:14 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/383027/carmelo-s-game-winner-o.gif
memories:applause:

aj1987
07-29-2013, 08:43 PM
What are you talking about inefficient?

Most of Lebron's point are from fast breaks and easy buckets.

Lebron doesn't even have 2-3 moves to use.

He's a slow footed freight train. He won't be able to get up a head of steam in 1v1
Lebron took more shots from 3 feet and beyond, compared to scoring at the rim. He also shot better than Carmelo from all over the floor except from 10-16ft. Lebron is a better 3 point shooter, a better shooter from 16ft to the 3pt line, and a better finisher at the rim. He's also a much, much better defender than Carmelo. Carmelo is a horrible finisher at the rim. With Lebron hounding him, he'd get destroyed.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01/shooting/2013/
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anthoca01/shooting/2013/

"Melo doesn't get enough calls"
Lebron scored more than Carmelo in the paint and got fewer fouls called on him.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/192rev.jpg

Melo being a better offensive player than Kobe and MJ? :roll:

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Lebron took more shots from 3 feet and beyond, compared to scoring at the rim. He also shot better than Carmelo from all over the floor except from 10-16ft. Lebron is a better 3 point shooter, a better shooter from 16ft to the 3pt line, and a better finisher at the rim. He's also a much, much better defender than Carmelo. Carmelo is a horrible finisher at the rim. With Lebron hounding him, he'd get destroyed.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01/shooting/2013/
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anthoca01/shooting/2013/

"Melo doesn't get enough calls"
Lebron scored more than Carmelo in the paint and got fewer fouls called on him.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/192rev.jpg

Melo being a better offensive player than Kobe and MJ? :roll:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me66yyAz2g1r33r0fo1_r2_500.gif

KyrieTheFuture
07-29-2013, 08:59 PM
I could guard LeBron James better than Carmelo could.

Also that gif is from when he played for Denver and during the regular season. Talk about irrelevant.

aj1987
07-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Great reply. Can you actually back up any of your posts with facts?

WayOfWade
07-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Whoever gets the ball first is going to win. LeBron can't stop Melo because Melo's too offensively explosive, and Melo can't stop LeBron be size his defense is worse than an 8 year old girl with Down syndrome.

Fresh Kid
07-29-2013, 09:18 PM
:roll:

ihoopallday
07-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Great reply. Can you actually back up any of your posts with facts?

Yeah, usually when someone posts a gif after you've given them facts, it's a sign of defeat.

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Yeah, usually when someone posts a gif after you've given them facts, it's a sign of defeat.

No. His post was dumb.

He's saying Lebron is a better shooter and 3pt shooter than Melo.

If true why would Spurs back off of Lebron like they did in the Finals?

Stats are truly overrated cause some many factors that aren't mentioned in stats happen in the game.

He posts a pic of Lebron guarding him but Melo could've had an off day or Lebron couldn't had help.

Those stats don't matter in a 1 on 1 game.

Fresh Kid
07-29-2013, 09:33 PM
http://cdn2.blackenterprise.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2011/05/Angry-Lebron-Fan-620x480.jpg

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 09:34 PM
Whoever gets the ball first is going to win. LeBron can't stop Melo because Melo's too offensively explosive, and Melo can't stop LeBron be size his defense is worse than an 8 year old girl with Down syndrome.

Melo and Lebron are like the same size and Lebron doesn't have any moves.

You can't get a head of steam in 1 on 1

ClutchOver9000
07-29-2013, 10:10 PM
I know disliking Melo is the "in" thing on this board but ppl really believe LBJ would beat Melo in a game of 1v1? :rolleyes:

Melo is far below LBJ in terms of contributing to team play but if there's one thing he was practically designed for...its 1v1.

Matter of fact I'd take Melo to beat just about anybody in the NBA in 1v1. He's not a shit man defender, overall he's actually average. He lacks consistency as a defender obviously but he CAN be a good defender and HAS been a good defender in spurts. He's not Carlos Boozer. He has strength, he has length, and he can be tenacious when needed. I've seen this on many occasions, unfortunately he will never put as much effort into defense as he does into offense. But in a serious game of 1v1, he'd defend and he can defend Lebron.

LBJ for all his talents is pretty shitty in ISO situations. Poor first step, mediocre post play, poor footwork, not a natural shooter. Melo is the opposite in all those categories to go along w/ the more varied scoring arsenal.

So carry on w/ the Melo bashing, but he'd take Lebron to the woodshed IMO in a game of 1v1.

tazb
07-29-2013, 10:23 PM
This is just an insult to LeBron. Anyone remember the Miami @ NY (http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400278600) game? Heat were on their winning streak, Melo came out guns blazing on fire in the first half shooting an astonishing 6/8 (75%) with Shane defending him, LeBron defends him second half he proceeds to shoot an awful 2/11 (18%) and Miami keeps their streak alive. :lol Let's be real, the ONLY player that can maybe defeat LeBron in a 1v1 is prime Shaq.

aj1987
07-29-2013, 10:32 PM
http://cdn2.blackenterprise.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2011/05/Angry-Lebron-Fan-620x480.jpg
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0223/pg2_a_lebron_sign_600.jpg
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0514/nba_g_lbj2_600.jpg
http://media.silive.com/knicks_blog/photo/ap-knicks-fans-lebronjpg-b2a1433c9b3bae0d_large.jpg
http://media.silive.com/knicks_blog/photo/ap-fans-lebron-homemade-jerseysjpg-d15433e7aabbdb0c_large.jpg

@TheReal Kendall, You truly are retarded. You haven't posted a single fact in this thread. Everything you post is an opinion. All the FACTS prove that Lebron would destroy Marshmelo. It has already been done, btw.

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 10:37 PM
@TheReal Kendall, You truly are retarded. You haven't posted a single fact in this thread. Everything you post is an opinion. All the FACTS prove that Lebron would destroy Marshmelo. It has already been done, btw

This a 1v1 like I said earlier those games really don't matter. It's just those 2 on the court playing to 21.

You bringing up shit that happened in a game but that's irrelevant.

Fresh Kid
07-29-2013, 10:37 PM
I know disliking Melo is the "in" thing on this board but ppl really believe LBJ would beat Melo in a game of 1v1? :rolleyes:

Melo is far below LBJ in terms of contributing to team play but if there's one thing he was practically designed for...its 1v1.

Matter of fact I'd take Melo to beat just about anybody in the NBA in 1v1. He's not a shit man defender, overall he's actually average. He lacks consistency as a defender obviously but he CAN be a good defender and HAS been a good defender in spurts. He's not Carlos Boozer. He has strength, he has length, and he can be tenacious when needed. I've seen this on many occasions, unfortunately he will never put as much effort into defense as he does into offense. But in a serious game of 1v1, he'd defend and he can defend Lebron.

LBJ for all his talents is pretty shitty in ISO situations. Poor first step, mediocre post play, poor footwork, not a natural shooter. Melo is the opposite in all those categories to go along w/ the more varied scoring arsenal.

So carry on w/ the Melo bashing, but he'd take Lebron to the woodshed IMO in a game of 1v1.
Thank you.

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 10:38 PM

This dude right here know something.:bowdown:

ralph_i_el
07-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Melo is asked to score. He is a shooter and a scorer.

You have to shoot to score. It's simple.

He has to carry the offensive load for the Knicks.

A shooter should never stop shooting no matter how many you miss.

He "has" to carry the offensive load wherever he goes. That because if he doesn't have the ball he's useless.

aj1987
07-29-2013, 10:42 PM
This a 1v1 like I said earlier those games really don't matter. It's just those 2 on the court playing to 21.

You bringing up shit that happened in a game but that's irrelevant.
Lebron shooting 40% from the 3 point line doesn't matter? Lebron being the better finisher and defender doesn't matter? Come on, man. I'm posting only facts. You're posting your OPINION.

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 10:42 PM
He "has" to carry the offensive load wherever he goes. That because if he doesn't have the ball he's useless.

How's he useless?

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Lebron shooting 40% from the 3 point line doesn't matter? Lebron being the better finisher and defender doesn't matter? Come on, man. I'm posting only facts. You're posting your OPINION.

Nikka we talking about 1v1. You still bringing up regular season stats.

Melo shoot more 3s than Lebron also.

If they did a shooting contest Melo would win.

Defenses dare Lebron to shoot cause he can't shoot that good.

Defenses play tight defense on Melo cause they know he will burn them from any where.

aj1987
07-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Nikka we talking about 1v1. You still bringing up regular season stats.

Melo shoot more 3s than Lebron also.

If they did a shooting contest Melo would win.

Defenses dare Lebron to shoot cause he can't shoot that good.

Defenses play tight defense on Melo cause they know he will burn them from any where.
It's not like Lebron took only a few 3's. Lebron attempted 350 and made 40% of them.
Tell me how Melo is going to stop Lebron from going to hoop on each and every possession? Lebron is an excellent defender. He would annoy the shit out of Melo. I would've give the edge to Melo if he was a decent defender, but he's not.

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 10:52 PM
It's not like Lebron took only a few 3's. Lebron attempted 350 and made 40% of them.
Tell me how Melo is going to stop Lebron from going to hoop on each and every possession? Lebron is an excellent defender. He would annoy the shit out of Melo. I would've give the edge to Melo if he was a decent defender, but he's not.
:sleeping

red1
07-29-2013, 10:52 PM
The only reason I would take kobe over lebron one on one is the fact that kobe is a lock-down defender on top of being a godly scorer. Melo is not on that level defensively so I would take bron

RRR3
07-29-2013, 11:00 PM
TBH, I don't think any of these guys would be able to stop each other that well one-on-one. Whoever gets the ball first might win I guess when you're at that level.

FYI Kendall,
LeBorn took way more 3's in Cleveland than Melo did during the same time period, and he still had a better PCT overall IIRC

PickernRoller
07-29-2013, 11:08 PM

Yeah I saw that somewhere, forgot when....ummm? :lol :roll:

TheReal Kendall
07-29-2013, 11:10 PM
TBH, I don't think any of these guys would be able to stop each other that well one-on-one. Whoever gets the ball first might win I guess when you're at that level.

FYI Kendall,
LeBorn took way more 3's in Cleveland than Melo did during the same time period, and he still had a better PCT overall IIRC

He wasn't talking bout when he was with the Cavs.

Like I said if they did a shooting contest Melo would win 8/10 times.

aj1987
07-30-2013, 12:02 AM
:sleeping
Not a single fact in his post.

imdaman99
07-30-2013, 12:21 AM
lebron didnt have the ball in the 2011 finals. how useful was he? :hammerhead:

kNicKz
07-30-2013, 12:22 AM
http://hw-static.worldstarhiphop.com/pics/images/tp/xekjl2.jpg

After Melo gave him 40

imdaman99
07-30-2013, 12:23 AM
if lebron took 350 threes, than 330 of them were wide open 3s.
if melo took 350 threes, about 20 of them would be wide open

kNicKz
07-30-2013, 12:29 AM
if lebron took 350 threes, than 330 of them were wide open 3s.
if melo took 350 threes, about 20 of them would be wide open

Defense is busy checking Bosh, Wade, Ray, Battier, Chalmers, and Miller who all make open shots

Defense against the knicks is checking JR , JR, JR, JR, anddddd Kenyon Martin..Chandler?

Legends66NBA7
07-30-2013, 12:33 AM
After Melo gave him 40

Yeah, but LeBron gave Melo 43.

Anyways, the topic is 1 on 1. Game winner was nice, though.

TheReal Kendall
07-30-2013, 12:58 AM
Not a single fact in his post.

What facts did you post?

secund2nun
07-30-2013, 01:35 AM
Lebron easily. This Melo hype has gotten out of control.

Melo is an above average offensive player- That's it. He is not great, or even good. His efficiency is trash. Lebron is a 1000 times better scorer as well.

Lebron shuts him down every time they face these days while no D Melo gets killed by Lebron.

Stop being delusional guys.

Lebron23
07-30-2013, 01:38 AM
Melo is a $hitty defender. Good luck guarding LeBron 1 on 1.

tpols
07-30-2013, 01:49 AM
Lebron just isnt a one on one player.. hes used to building a head of steam, usually w/ PnRs to make use of his great drive/dish game. He doesnt methodically break down defenders one on one.. rarely unless he is in semi-transition or something.

Point is melo loves being on an island. Thats what he does, why people call him a blackhole. He gets the ball and likes breaking a defender down move by move, focused in on scoring the whole time. Lebron doesnt have that scoring mentality and wouldnt be that impressive in any one on one matchup. Thats not his game at all

Sarcastic
07-30-2013, 08:43 AM

Anyways, the topic is 1 on 1. Game winner was nice, though.

Revisionist history. Didn't really happen that way if you saw the game. Melo scored on Lebron much more than the other way around.

Watch the highlights again for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fztGWYgCinw

The move at 5:35 is sick.

Frozen1
07-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Lebron has zero isolation moves, zero, nada. It

kNicKz
07-30-2013, 10:13 AM

Not scored in 1 on 1 situations. A lot of spot up camping and cherry picking

Also, missed the last shot and cried

leMVP
07-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Lebron easily.

He will let melo drive on him and miss a layup as usual then grabs the def. rebound. and then good luck to melo trying to stop the train.

TheMan
07-30-2013, 10:55 AM

ROFL at this gem:roll:

scm5
07-30-2013, 11:19 AM
As weird as it is to say this, Melo plays too strong for Lebron. Melo can be a straight up bully when it comes to playing while Lebron doesn't like contact nearly as much. This definitely makes a difference in a game of one on one. It would make Lebron ore uncomfortable than Melo.

I think they both have a good chance of beating one another, it's not as big a gap as there is between then in a 5v5 game.

aburre21
07-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Lebron is a great 1 on 1 player. He can get his jumpshot off at any time he wants against anyone, he just doesn't like settling for the jumper(which Carmelo does a lot and people consider that great offense :lol ). Teams clog the lane on LeBron and rotate 2 to 3 bodies over towards him to stop him. People saying LeBron isn't good in ISO are crazy, they never let him play 1 on 1. Without defenders behind the initial defender, Lebron is impossible to stop.

Sarcastic
07-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Lebron is a great 1 on 1 player. He can get his jumpshot off at any time he wants against anyone, he just doesn't like settling for the jumper(which Carmelo does a lot and people consider that great offense :lol ). Teams clog the lane on LeBron and rotate 2 to 3 bodies over towards him to stop him. People saying LeBron isn't good in ISO are crazy, they never let him play 1 on 1. Without defenders behind the initial defender, Lebron is impossible to stop.

That's because teams willingly bait him into shooting it. :lol

SilkkTheShocker
07-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Hilarious how desperate Knicks fans look in this thread :oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
07-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Revisionist history. Didn't really happen that way if you saw the game. Melo scored on Lebron much more than the other way around.

Watch the highlights again for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fztGWYgCinw

The move at 5:35 is sick.

I'm aware of the game. But the thing is, knickz said Anthony gave James 40. You know he didn't give him 40 points altogether, since Anthony made 13 free throws and didn't always score on James either and vice versa.

It's a direct statement with no context, so I pretty much responded with the same stance.

Not scored in 1 on 1 situations. A lot of spot up camping and cherry picking

Also, missed the last shot and cried

See above.

aburre21
07-30-2013, 05:59 PM
That's because teams willingly bait him into shooting it. :lol

So why doesn't Carmelo drive to the lane if people don't bait him to shoot? Defenders have to defend his jumpshot right? Why is dude a career 45% shooter?

You can talk all the dumb shit you want, but driving and finishing at the rim is a skill. A skill that LeBron has perfected better than anyone in the league.

Sarcastic
07-30-2013, 06:17 PM
So why doesn't Carmelo drive to the lane if people don't bait him to shoot? Defenders have to defend his jumpshot right? Why is dude a career 45% shooter?

You can talk all the dumb shit you want, but driving and finishing at the rim is a skill. A skill that LeBron has perfected better than anyone in the league.

Melo's shooting percentage sucks because he shoots through double and triple teams, not because there are shots he can't hit. He doesn't play with Wade and Bosh, taking away defensive pressure on him. Carmelo drives the lane all the time, and gets fouled constantly with little respect from the refs.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/431966_10200643981398416_874533213_n.jpg

Solefade
07-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Melo's shooting percentage sucks because he shoots through double and triple teams, not because there are shots he can't hit. He doesn't play with Wade and Bosh, taking away defensive pressure on him. Carmelo drives the lane all the time, and gets fouled constantly with little respect from the refs.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/431966_10200643981398416_874533213_n.jpg

Wasn't LeBron's fg% better than Melo's when he was on the Cavs playing with Mo "2nd option" Williams anyways? :lol

CelticPride13
07-30-2013, 06:39 PM
I got Lebron
All he has to do is whisper "Honey Nuts" in Melo's ear and it's over
:lol

Nahh, but seriously. Melo wins. He's most likely the best offensive player in the league. Dominating inside with his strength but his three ball is straight-cash. LeBron is the best player in the league overall though with his defense and passing.

Ai2death
07-30-2013, 08:44 PM

People always forget that melo doesn't get the superstar calls like lebron and kobe.

TheReal Kendall
07-30-2013, 08:57 PM
People always forget that melo doesn't get the superstar calls like lebron and kobe.

That's what I'm telling these fools

aj1987
07-30-2013, 09:08 PM
That's what I'm telling these fools
Carmelo averaged 7.6, while Lebron averaged 7.0 and Wade averaged 6.2 free throws per game. Carmelo took 458 shots at the rim. Lebron and Wade took 665 and 512 at the rim, respectively. Lebron and Wade get more disrespected by refs, compared to Carmelo. Heck, Melo took more 3 pointers than shots at the rim.

Only 23% of Carmelo's shot attempts were in the paint. Lebron, 31%, and Wade, 33%, took significantly more shots in the paint and averaged fewer free throws.

That being said, the refs did screw Carmelo in the Pacers and Knicks series.

TheReal Kendall
07-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Carmelo averaged 7.6, while Lebron averaged 7.0 and Wade averaged 6.2 free throws per game. Carmelo took 458 shots at the rim. Lebron and Wade took 665 and 512 at the rim, respectively. Lebron and Wade get more disrespected by refs, compared to Carmelo. Heck, Melo took more 3 pointers than shots at the rim.

Only 23% of Carmelo's shot attempts were in the paint. Lebron, 31%, and Wade, 33%, took significantly more shots in the paint and averaged fewer free throws.

That being said, the refs did screw Carmelo in the Pacers and Knicks series.

These stats don't tell the whole story.

Watch the games some times and stop just looking at stats

aj1987
07-30-2013, 11:39 PM
These stats don't tell the whole story.

Watch the games some times and stop just looking at stats
As I said before, Lebron and Wade were totally disrespected by the refs this season. I've even posted stats that somewhat backup my claim. So, I suggest that you actually watch some games before you post here.

TheReal Kendall
07-31-2013, 12:09 AM
As I said before, Lebron and Wade were totally disrespected by the refs this season. I've even posted stats that somewhat backup my claim. So, I suggest that you actually watch some games before you post here.

I've watched most of their games and they get a way more calls.

Melo gets hacked every time and no whistle.

I'm done with this going back and forth though.

aj1987
07-31-2013, 01:13 AM
I've watched most of their games and they get a way more calls.

Melo gets hacked every time and no whistle.

I'm done with this going back and forth though.
Once again, you post absolute crap and nothing to backup your claim.