PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Brandon Jennings to Pistons, in a Sign-And-Trade with Bucks

bagelred
07-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 45s
Detroit will also send center Slava Kravtsov and forward Khris Middleton to Bucks as part of sign-and-trade for Jennings, sources tell Y!Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m

The Pistons will send Brandon Knight to the Bucks as part of the package for Jennings, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Y! Sources: Detroit's finalizing a sign-and-trade with Milwaukee to acquire Brandon Jennings on a 3-year, $24M deal. http://yhoo.it/11sZpIU

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Detroit and Milwaukee are nearing a sign-and-trade agreement to send Brandon Jennings to the Pistons, league sources tell Y! Sports.

D'oh!!!

Nash
07-30-2013, 05:17 PM
damn, this team is getting really interesting now

It's A VC3!!!
With this trade the Pistons have overtaken the Knicks for the fifth seed in the East. The East is so dominant this year, and for many years to come.

no pun intended
Billups can teach him a thing or two. Wait, I meant tons.

HomieWeMajor
07-30-2013, 05:18 PM
If they don't give up Drummond or Monroe then pistons will win 50 games this season

boozehound
07-30-2013, 05:18 PM
D'oh!!!
**** this. It better only be for stuckey or knight. wtf, I hate this chucker

Nash
07-30-2013, 05:19 PM
Why would they give up Monroe or Drummond?

Levity
07-30-2013, 05:19 PM
If they don't give up Drummond or Monroe then pistons will win 50 games this season

theres no way theyd give up either to get jennings. rondo, maybe. but jennings, not a chance.

Nash
07-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Jennings
Caldwell-Pope
Smith
Monroe
Drummond

Looks interesting on paper.

CelticPride13
07-30-2013, 05:21 PM
Chuck City Bitch, Chuck, Chuck City Bitch
Ten, Ten, Ten Chuckers On Yo Pistons Bitch

RoundMoundOfReb
07-30-2013, 05:21 PM
Drummond gonna average like 17 rebounds

FreezingTsmoove
07-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Epic move for the pistons. Don't let dumbass coach Nick fool yall, Jennings is a straight up baller. I expect him to go ham this season. A lot of open 3's with the post presence of Smoove, and Monroe

HEAT111
I guess this is the first step to recover Detroit's economy?

R.I.P.
I assume Knight is going 100%, will see what other pieces are involved: Singler, Jerebko, picks?

Guess Charlie V will match the salaries.

Heavincent
Jennings is an average PG at best.

Solefade
East looking pretty strong from top to bottom

hawkfan
07-30-2013, 05:23 PM
With this trade the Pistons have overtaken the Knicks for the fifth seed in the East. The East is so dominant this year, and for many years to come.

Smith and Jennings shooting on the outside?
Hardly fifth seed. Maybe 8th.

Johnny Jones
07-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Epic move for the pistons. Don't let dumbass coach Nick fool yall, Jennings is a straight up baller. I expect him to go ham this season. A lot of open 3's with the post presence of Smoove, and Monroe
:applause:

CelticPride13
07-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 39s
Y! Sources: Detroit's finalizing a sign-and-trade with Milwaukee to acquire Brandon Jennings on a 3-year, $24M deal. http://yhoo.it/11sZpIU

bagelred
07-30-2013, 05:25 PM

This trade could push Nets way down to the 8th seed.

Heat, Knicks, Pacers, Bulls, Cavs, Pistons, Hawks, Nets.....that's the tentative order for now......

KG215
07-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Wow...talk about an overreaction. A team gets an average PG and now the Pistons "overtake the Knicks for the 5th seed" and "the East becomes dominant"?

It's A VC3!!!
07-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Smith and Jennings shooting on the outside?
Hardly fifth seed. Maybe 8th.
Smith, Jennings, Monroe, Billups and Drummons is a solid team. 8th is a bit degrading, not arguing anybodies opinion. I think they will be 6th, just want to poke at the Knicks any chance I get. The Pistons are just pieces thrown together. And not that fitting. I get this move though. Pistons are sick of being a lottery team. At least they will make the playoffs.

FreezingTsmoove

Heat, Knicks, Pacers, Bulls, Cavs, Pistons, Hawks, Nets.....that's the tentative order for now......

Dont sleep on the Wizards either.

1~Gibson~1
I doubt they trade away Drummond or Monroe for him. Stuckey is probably gone though.

The Bucks lose Jennings and Ellis this summer. I would think theyre pretty happy with the summer of 2013 :lol

The Pistons will win a lot of games this year by adding KCP Jsmith and Jennings but if they want to contend idk if Jennings is a starting Pg on a contending team. I like him as a Jarret Jack type 6th man.. Not sure if he'd be happy with that kinda rold tho but whatev....

boozehound
07-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Wow...talk about an overreaction. A team gets an average PG and now the Pistons "overtake the Knicks for the 5th seed" and "the East becomes dominant"?
he may be average, but if this happens he's easily the best guard on the pistons next season. I really dont care for him, but Im ok with this if its CV and ? who is our sg? singler? ha.

It's A VC3!!!

:oldlol:

I thought we'd be at least 7th.

bagelred
Dont sleep on the Wizards either.

Very true. Forgot about them. You think Nets might miss playoffs entirely? :confusedshrug:

HomieWeMajor
Maybe Jennings will put on some weight now with bean pies

It's A VC3!!!
07-30-2013, 05:30 PM
actually, it seems fitting so here is my east seedings for next season.

heat
nets
bulls
pacers
knicks
pistons
cavs
wizards

bagelred
07-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
The Pistons will send Brandon Knight to the Bucks as part of the package for Jennings, league sources tell Y! Sports.

ok...

hawkfan
07-30-2013, 05:32 PM
Smith, Jennings, Monroe, Billups and Drummons is a solid team. 8th is a bit degrading, not arguing anybodies opinion. I think they will be 6th, just want to poke at the Knicks any chance I get. The Pistons are just pieces thrown together. And not that fitting. I get this move though. Pistons are sick of being a lottery team. At least they will make the playoffs.

The Hawks are better than the Pistons, though that isn't saying much.

alexd
07-30-2013, 05:33 PM
actually, it seems fitting so here is my east seedings for next season.

heat
nets
bulls
pacers
knicks
pistons
cavs
wizards

more likely
heat
bulls/pacers
pacers/bulls
nets/knicks
knicks/nets
pistons
cavs
wizards

HomieWeMajor
Brandon Knight has had the shittiest year and then he gets traded to the Bucks.

bagelred
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 45s
Detroit will also send center Slava Kravtsov and forward Khris Middleton to Bucks as part of sign-and-trade for Jennings, sources tell Y!
ok....

Levity
a lot of people just look at numbers when saying "jennings sucks" and i guess if you were only looking at the numbers, that can be argued. but if any of you actually watch basketball and understand the game, jennings is going to be a VERY good pg for this team, as long as chauncy and cheeks can get him to buy into a pass first mentality.

Yes, jennings loves to chuck it, but at the end of last season, coach boylan called jennings out on this, and how did jennings respond? he put up a string of games where he put up 15+ assists and 10+ points on good percentages. So the talents there. and with an even better front court than MIL, as long as jennings plays the right way, he can be a very good piece on the pistons.

hawkfan
The Hawks are better than the Cavs and Wizards, and we still have cap space to add more pieces either via free agency or via trade.

CelticPride13
07-30-2013, 05:34 PM
"Now everybody in chuck city, put your mother****ing hands up and follow me!"

http://25.media.tumblr.com/a2f607c35dacfe487b38f459b47204b6/tumblr_mnz1y1g9Vd1s85x8bo1_400.gif

FreezingTsmoove
07-30-2013, 05:35 PM
The Hawks are better than the Cavs and Wizards, and we still have cap space to add more pieces either via free agency or via trade.

Hawks are going for the tank though

bagelred
07-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Jennings gets $24 million from the Pistons, as the city goes bankrupt. New uniform for Pistons a paper bag? :confusedshrug:

longtime lurker
07-30-2013, 05:36 PM
3 year 24 million is a good deal for Jennings. Depending on how well he develops it could actually end up being a steal.

boozehound
07-30-2013, 05:37 PM
a lot of people just look at numbers when saying "jennings sucks" and i guess if you were only looking at the numbers, that can be argued. but if any of you actually watch basketball and understand the game, jennings is going to be a VERY good pg for this team, as long as chauncy and cheeks can get him to buy into a pass first mentality.

Yes, jennings loves to chuck it, but at the end of last season, coach boylan called jennings out on this, and how did jennings respond? he put up a string of games where he put up 15+ assists and 10+ points on good percentages. So the talents there. and with an even better front court than MIL, as long as jennings plays the right way, he can be a very good piece on the pistons.
the talent is there, but is the self-control and drive? Im not sure.

Sorry to see knight, slava and middleton go. None were great, but they are all nba caliber players (maybe not slava). I guess we are playing billups at the 2 a lot? or relying on stuckey and the rookie?

CelticPride13
07-30-2013, 05:38 PM
$8 million a year for Detroit is still better than when he was expecting a max contract.

andremiller07
07-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Damn Pistons had a pretty decent off-season in terms of acquiring talent, team should be very interesting to watch.

hangintheair
07-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Brandon for Brandon

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-30-2013, 05:40 PM
sweet, now i can change the Pistons from 7/8 seed to 6/7 seed in the 817,123 prediction threads in the next few months!

Btw, I think this is a more interesting move for the Bucks than Pistons. Pistons clearly trying to make a playoff run. Bucks, previously seeming stagnant in the area to barely contend for a playoff spot, perhaps going to build around Knight and the young defensive bigs? Do a youth movement? No idea, but this actually shows some kind of vision (besides mediocrity) to me, on their part. Just not quite sure what yet.

close to Wizards. But no way to Cavs.

Jailblazers7

God knows they need floor spacing too if they wanna play Josh Smith at the 3. I like the trade a lot for the Pistons.

TheSilentKiller
I actually like the move. Let Billlups do some real teaching.

It's A VC3!!!
07-30-2013, 05:42 PM
The Hawks are better than the Pistons, though that isn't saying much.
I don't think so. The Hawks have an NBA D-league bench, with the exception of Elton Brand. My opinion is that the Hawks can battle for the 8th seed but will end up being the 9th seed. A very horrible spot to be. Why not just tank for the first pick?:confusedshrug:

Twiens
07-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Its:

Knight
Middleton
Kravstov

Detroit has a weird, but talented team now

brwnman
07-30-2013, 05:44 PM
The destruction of Detroit Pistons continues at the hands of Joe Dumars. After the championship, this team has done nothing to be relevant. I absolutely hate this move. Monroe, Smith, Stuckey, Jennings all need the ball to be effective. This team is going to be a train wreck...

Carbine
07-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Not a bad move at all. He can create, make stuff happen....just need to reign him in.

Obviously they aren't contenders yet, but with the expected development of Monroe/Drummond....and now adding Smith/Jennings/Caldwell.... give them two, three years?

This could be a very very formidable team.

bdreason
Nice move for the Pistons. 8m per is about right for Jennings.

Knight isn't a NBA starting caliber player IMO.

Peteballa
This will be very interesting. I'm not sold on this team at ALL, but they will be fun to watch. They will either be a really exciting young team, or an failure on a massive scale.

It's A VC3!!!
07-30-2013, 05:47 PM
The destruction of Detroit Pistons continues at the hands of Joe Dumars. After the championship, this team has done nothing to be relevant. I absolutely hate this move. Monroe, Smith, Stuckey, Jennings all need the ball to be effective. This team is going to be a train wreck...
True, the pieces are toxic pieces meant for a mere playoffs appearance. Not terrible, and maybe in a year or two they can make the second round. The future isn't terrible. At least Piston fans can be happy about being a playoff team.

R.I.P.
07-30-2013, 05:51 PM
I don't think so. The Hawks have an NBA D-league bench, with the exception of Elton Brand. My opinion is that the Hawks can battle for the 8th seed but will end up being the 9th seed. A very horrible spot to be. Why not just tank for the first pick?:confusedshrug:

Teague
Williams
Korver
Millsap
Horford

with a mixed bench of experience in Ayon, Antic, Brand and youth in Bebe, Jenkins, Schroeder. Looks like 37-44 wins.

hawkfan
07-30-2013, 05:51 PM

Schroeder may turn out to be the steal of the draft.

secund2nun
07-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Detriot is so stupid. They are ruining they future champion winning twin tower core of Monroe and Drummond by surrounding them with overrpriced chuckers in Jennings and Smith, but at least Smith can defend plus next to Jennings Smith looks like Durant.

Jennings for 3 years 25 million? WTF. Jennings is pure trash and is terrible in every aspect of the game. He is a vet min bench player not a 8 million per year player.

This shows the NBA GMs are just as stupid as NBA fans, who are all brainwashed idolize athletic trash players like Jennings who are terrible and don't help win games.

gasolina
Bucks backcourt looking real small

PG - Ridnour / Knight
SG - Mayo / Neal

Seems to me that Luke should start. Pistons fans like to say Knight isn't a PG, and you do not want Mayo to be creating/initiating the offense.

Jailblazers7

Stuckey is gone ASAP and Smith is better for the team when the ball is in his hands less, not more.

boozehound
07-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Bucks backcourt looking real small

PG - Ridnour / Knight
SG - Mayo / Neal

Seems to me that Luke should start. Pistons fans like to say Knight isn't a PG, and you do not want Mayo to be creating/initiating the offense.
knight will start, I dont doubt it. he has started at the 1 and 2 his entire career. Luke is a career backup.

so, now its 3 yrs for more than 25 million according to espn.

bluechox2
07-30-2013, 06:01 PM
you have overtaken silkdshocker as worse poster

embersyc
07-30-2013, 06:04 PM
I like the move, mainly because Brandon Knight won't be a Piston anymore.

I know Jennings is an upgrade over Knight. I doubt anybody here would dispute that.

Slava and Middleton probably weren't going to play much anyways.

gasolina
07-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Stuckey is gone ASAP and Smith is better for the team when the ball is in his hands less, not more.
Don't know which team will take Stuckey, I've got a feeling him and Charlie will be renamed expiring contract A & B come February.

Mandatory depth chart
G - Jennings / Bynum
G - Billups / KCP
F - Smith / Singler
F - Monroe / Jrebko
C - Drummond

andremiller07
07-30-2013, 06:05 PM
The thing about the Jennings contract as well if it does not work it's only a 3 year moveable contract, this is easily a win win situation for the Pistons the move is excellent regardless.

Doranku
07-30-2013, 06:06 PM
I don't know what it is about this team, but I don't see how the pieces fit at all.

Jennings, Smith, Drummond, Monroe? Meh....

CanYouDigIt
07-30-2013, 06:08 PM
How you like this?
Chuck City music
How you like this?
Chuck City music
#27 to #21
Pi-stons we have a problem

Legends66NBA7
07-30-2013, 06:09 PM

Yup.

Kyle Lowry and Mike Conley > Brandon Jennings.

boozehound
07-30-2013, 06:13 PM
one thing that hasnt been mentioned is that this opens up two roster spots for the pistons. So they can sign Silva if they want. and they still have the room exception for the last spot?

Also, I wonder if the last year is a team or player option?

D-Rose
07-30-2013, 06:13 PM
Decent move for both teams. Bucks especially to get rid of BJ who was becoming a bit of a cancer for them.

Jennings and Josh Smith is going to be hilarious :roll:

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-30-2013, 06:20 PM
Jennings and Josh Smith is going to be hilarious :roll:
chucking lefties! :rockon:

Hell, isn't Monroe a lefty too? Greatest line-up ever (I'm left-handed...).

hawkfan
07-30-2013, 06:21 PM
The Hawks have better outside shooters than the Pistons, Cavs and Wizards: Korver, Jenkins, Williams, Teague, Stevenson.

We'll be better than all three.

The Pistons actually should have amnestied either Stuckey or CV and then signed Korver to help spread the floor.

GOBB
07-30-2013, 06:21 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

boozehound
07-30-2013, 06:22 PM
chucking lefties! :rockon:

Hell, isn't Monroe a lefty too? Greatest line-up ever (I'm left-handed...).
too bad they traded prince. 4 lefties starting!

boozehound
07-30-2013, 06:23 PM
The Hawks have better outside shooters than the Pistons, Cavs and Wizards: Korver, Jenkins, Williams, Teague, Stevenson.

We'll be better than all three.

The Pistons actually should have amnestied either Stuckey or CV and then signed Korver to help spread the floor.
pretty sure stuckey is not an amnesty candidate

CelticPride13
07-30-2013, 06:25 PM
How you like this?
Chuck City music
How you like this?
Chuck City music
#27 to #21
Pi-stons we have a problem
Stealing my lines?

YOU AIN'T CHRIS SMOOVE BAY-BEEEEEEEEEE!!!

flipogb
07-30-2013, 06:25 PM
pretty sure stuckey is not an amnesty candidatebeen on the team forever, of course he is (or was since the deadline is over)

hawkfan
07-30-2013, 06:27 PM
pretty sure stuckey is not an amnesty candidate

Whether Dumars wanted to, that's one thing.
But I'm pretty sure he was under contract prior to the lockout, so he would be eligible.
Otherwise, the Pistons could have waived him and saved 4 million.

embersyc
07-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Stuckey's contract was not amnesty eligible.

boozehound
07-30-2013, 06:33 PM
been on the team forever, of course he is (or was since the deadline is over)
he was extended after the new cba, so I am pretty sure he no longer qualifies. Truehoop agrees with me. http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/61107/the-nbas-remaining-amnesty-candidates

KG215
07-30-2013, 06:40 PM
he may be average, but if this happens he's easily the best guard on the pistons next season. I really dont care for him, but Im ok with this if its CV and ? who is our sg? singler? ha.
Yeah, he's probably a little better than I give him credit for. I just got a kick out of VC3's overreaction. All-in-all it's a good solid move for the Pistons because it's an upgrade at PG.

hawkfan
07-30-2013, 06:41 PM
he was extended after the new cba, so I am pretty sure he no longer qualifies. Truehoop agrees with me. http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/61107/the-nbas-remaining-amnesty-candidates

Ok.
But he was waiveable, which would have saved the Pistons 4 million. With that money and moving another contract, they could have gone after Kyle Korver or another MLE level free agent.

hawkfan
07-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Clearly with this trade, Monroe isn't getting moved to the Celtics in some type of deal for Rondo.

Bandito
07-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Jennings can chuck while the twin towers grab his misses and tip it in. This is a match made in heaven. THe Pistons , with some good perimeter defenders from the bench could come back to the 00's Pistons level!

Aussie Dunker
07-30-2013, 06:44 PM
Yup.

Kyle Lowry and Mike Conley > Brandon Jennings.

Mate - I hear you loud and clear,

I think Lowry is perhaps the most underated player in the game when he is healthy...

embersyc
07-30-2013, 06:44 PM
Ok.
But he was waiveable, which would have saved the Pistons 4 million. With that money and moving another contract, they could have gone after Kyle Korver or another MLE level free agent.

Why would Pistons want Korver? They already have Kyle Singler.

At this point I'd rather Pistons hold onto Stuckey and Villanueva so they can have that $17 million cap space next offseason.

kaiteng
07-30-2013, 06:48 PM
So Bucks also want Wiggins.

KyrieTheFuture
07-30-2013, 06:55 PM
What's really interesting to me is that Andre Drummond led the league in offensive rebounding rate (if not the whole season, a large part of it). I expect this experiment to be a relative success (8 seed maybe 7 seed) but even if this is a team of "chuckers" I want to see how that will affect his rebounding. He won't beat Dwight out for the title but he might come second in RPG

talamo
07-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Why would Pistons want Korver? They already have Kyle Singler.

At this point I'd rather Pistons hold onto Stuckey and Villanueva so they can have that $17 million cap space next offseason.

thats what im saying... teams should try and limit their roster to as few white guys as possible...
:facepalm

hawkfan
07-30-2013, 06:57 PM
Smith-Drummond-Monroe is not going to work on the floor together for long stretches.

JohnnySic
07-30-2013, 07:01 PM
Great move by the Pistons.

Spaulding
07-30-2013, 07:09 PM
Smith signing to Pistons starting to make more sense now.

Derka
07-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Looks like the Celtics are hanging on to Rondo after all.

alenleomessi
07-30-2013, 07:33 PM
smith, stuckey and jennings on the same team?!?! :biggums:

drummond will average 20 rebounds per game next season

Qwyjibo
07-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Well there goes my dream of the Pistons trading for Lowry and Gay and helping the Raptors tank.

Legends66NBA7
07-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Well there goes my dream of the Pistons trading for Lowry and Gay and helping the Raptors tank.

Who were the Pistons going to trade to get them ?

hoopaddict08
07-30-2013, 07:38 PM
Glad to have Chauncey Billups on this team. I was hoping he would be working with Knight but Jennings will be pretty interesting. Even though this team is a huge question mark and I'm sure there will be moves to follow; I at least have some excitement. Monroe and Drummond are going to be getting a lot of offensive rebounds.

dd24
07-30-2013, 07:39 PM
I actually really like this trade for the Pistons. The contract they're signing him to is a pretty good deal. I think with other guys that can score the ball it will help Jennings not be as much of a chucker like everyone says too. He didn't really have too many people that he played with in Milwaukee who could effectively score the ball. The only guy he really had last year was Ellis. That was just an undersized back court.

I don't see the Pistons moving Stuckey. KCP isn't going to be the starter day 1. It's more than likely going to be Chauncey or Stuckey, probably depending on the matchup they have.

With Chicago, Indiana, Cleveland, and Detroit that conference is looking like the most competitive in basketball right now. All four of those teams could be playoff teams. It'll definitely be interesting to see how it all plays out.

flintstone
07-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Jennings gets $24 million from the Pistons, as the city goes bankrupt. New uniform for Pistons a paper bag? :confusedshrug:

you are stupid.......the Pistons don't even play in Detroit :confusedshrug: .

Qwyjibo
07-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Who were the Pistons going to trade to get them ?
Drummond, obviously (plus shitty players on big contracts). Out of guilt to correct a draft mistake.

KyleKong
07-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Piston's might creep into the 8th seed now.

Jameerthefear
07-30-2013, 07:48 PM
3 years and 24 mil? I don't like this trade for them to be honest. I don't know too much about Drummond, but would this minimize his touches?

Jailblazers7
07-30-2013, 07:49 PM
I actually really like this trade for the Pistons. The contract they're signing him to is a pretty good deal. I think with other guys that can score the ball it will help Jennings not be as much of a chucker like everyone says too. He didn't really have too many people that he played with in Milwaukee who could effectively score the ball. The only guy he really had last year was Ellis. That was just an undersized back court.

I don't see the Pistons moving Stuckey. KCP isn't going to be the starter day 1. It's more than likely going to be Chauncey or Stuckey, probably depending on the matchup they have.

With Chicago, Indiana, Cleveland, and Detroit that conference is looking like the most competitive in basketball right now. All four of those teams could be playoff teams. It'll definitely be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Yeah, I think its good for Jennings and the Pistons. He gets to learn to be a better PG from Billups and Mo Cheeks and finally gets to play on a roster that doesn't require him to creative most of the offense. Cheeks will do wonders for him as a coach I think. The fresh start will be good for him defensively too. He was actually a decent defender at the start of his career but his commitment decreased every season and playing in a small backcourt didn't help with match-ups. Plus, he plays Smith and Drummond now who clean up mistakes well.

He is a pretty good pick and roll PG who will work well with Drummond and he give Smith and Monroe some operating room because he shoots the 3 at a good clip.

crisoner
07-30-2013, 07:49 PM
WOW

Great move by Detroit.
Smith and Jennings plus all the young talent they got. Very very impressed. Kudos Pistons.

dd24
07-30-2013, 08:00 PM
3 years and 24 mil? I don't like this trade for them to be honest. I don't know too much about Drummond, but would this minimize his touches?

Drummond still needs to work on his back to the basket game. He really needs a go to move. I think his touches will be the same. 8 million per season for a starting caliber PG seems like a reasonable deal to me.

outbreak
07-30-2013, 08:01 PM
Not sure how this team will work out and fit together with smith and jennings together. But if it pans out it'll be a fun team to watch. Guess it's one of those swinging for the fences moves that will either fail horribly and set some records for bricked shots or pan out well and win some games. I applaud them for actually having the balls to realise with Drummond and Monroe on the roster the time is right to shake it up, make big moves and at least try something rather then being mediocre as most teams settle for.

Nastradamus
07-30-2013, 08:05 PM
Ok.

They're hoping Datome is their Korver. Plus they added Billups and KCP.

morbius
07-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Plenty of money for a questionable player.

Can't shake the feeling that Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings are going to end up being another Ben Gordon and Charlie Vilanueva for the Pistons.

longtime lurker
07-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Plenty of money for a questionable player.

Can't shake the feeling that Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings are going to end up being another Ben Gordon and Charlie Vilanueva for the Pistons.

Except Smith and Jennings aren't completely one dimensional players.

Rockets(T-mac)
07-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Pistons seem a bit random to me. I can see them making the playoffs now, but the way their constructed just seems a little odd to me.

Scholar
07-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Nice pick-up for the Pistons. A lot of people hating in here, but if I were a Pistons fan, I'd just be happy knowing the team is actually trying to improve instead of tanking like most other teams.

poido123
07-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Except Smith and Jennings aren't completely one dimensional players.

Exactly.

8 mill a year is a very good deal for a talented player such as Jennings. The Smith deal was a touch overpaid but nothing bad enough to say Detroit haven't done well for themselves this summer. Very odd mix of players, but they have tradeable assets and if things don't work out over the year or two, anyone of those players can be traded.

I have a gut feeling that Jennings will have his best days with Detroit. Now that he has a decent team around him, more open shots and decent players to pass it to, and mentoring from Billups, I expect an improved Jennings.

zass
07-30-2013, 09:35 PM
here's what's laid in front of Mayo

http://keithooper.smugmug.com/photos/183213715-M.jpg
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Flash31
07-30-2013, 09:49 PM
on paper and names
The Pistons look like a 50 win team with good defense
Smith,Jennings,Monroe,Billlups

They have a good starting 5

It wont beat the top teams but itll make waves

Nets,Pistons,Cavs gunning for top seeds and playoffs
while Boston,Phi have created tanks

A lot of interesting playoff spots

Hou,Mem,GS,Lac got better
GS and Hou hugely so

OKC and SA got worse

La and Bos bringing out tanks

Maybe well get
Det vs Chi in playoffs
Mia vs Cle
Ny vs Bkn

interesting

HarryCallahan
07-30-2013, 10:20 PM
on paper and names
The Pistons look like a 50 win team with good defense
Smith,Jennings,Monroe,Billlups

They have a good starting 5

It wont beat the top teams but itll make waves

Nets,Pistons,Cavs gunning for top seeds and playoffs
while Boston,Phi have created tanks

A lot of interesting playoff spots

Hou,Mem,GS,Lac got better
GS and Hou hugely so

OKC and SA got worse

La and Bos bringing out tanks

Maybe well get
Det vs Chi in playoffs
Mia vs Cle
Ny vs Bkn

interesting

How so? They kept the same roster, only replaced Neal with Belli and Blair with Pendergraph. If anything they improved.

Burgz V2
07-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Mo Cheeks might be the right guy to bring out the best in him. Can't chuck 25 a night with this squad, will have to learn how to properly manage a team.

FreezingTsmoove
07-30-2013, 10:35 PM
Dont underestimate Josh Smith and BJ on defense. Josh Smith by himself anchored the Hawks to a borderline top 5 defense 2 seasons ago with Al Horford out all year and an unhealthy center rotation. BJ can and will pick pockets and get steals. Was top 15 in steals last season.

NuggetsFan
07-30-2013, 10:38 PM
Amazing moves when you compare them to the likes of Gordon and Villanueva a few years ago.East is getting pretty interesting now. I don't think the Pistons make serious noise or a push for a high seed but gives the conference another solid team to face this season, going forward only going to improve.

The East is deff on the upswing. Could finally see 8 legit playoff teams next season.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-30-2013, 10:42 PM
I like the smith pick up but I don't get this one. Not the type of pg I'd want.

chocolatethunder
07-30-2013, 10:45 PM
Exactly.

8 mill a year is a very good deal for a talented player such as Jennings. The Smith deal was a touch overpaid but nothing bad enough to say Detroit haven't done well for themselves this summer. Very odd mix of players, but they have tradeable assets and if things don't work out over the year or two, anyone of those players can be traded.

I have a gut feeling that Jennings will have his best days with Detroit. Now that he has a decent team around him, more open shots and decent players to pass it to, and mentoring from Billups, I expect an improved Jennings.

Man you are seriously overrating Jennings. Have you watched any Bucks games? And I assure you that Mo Cheeks is an awful coach. He was a great player and is for sure the nicest guy ever but he is the worst and I mean the worst coach.

Jailblazers7
07-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Mo Cheeks might be the right guy to bring out the best in him. Can't chuck 25 a night with this squad, will have to learn how to properly manage a team.

Jennings took 15 FGA per game last year which is the same as Tony Parker for reference. His label as a selfish chucker is definitely undeserved. He needs to improve his decision making (which Cheeks will help with) but Jennings being a blackhole is false.

305Baller
07-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Jennings can play, he is good.

Haymaker
07-31-2013, 12:07 AM
How so? They kept the same roster, only replaced Neal with Belli and Blair with Pendergraph. If anything they improved.

I disagree with Pendergraph being an improvement.

hawkfan
07-31-2013, 12:40 AM
Monta Ellis turns down 3 years, 36 million and gets 3 years, 30 million.
Brandon Jennings turns down 4 years, 40 million and gets 3 years, 24 million.

Milwaukee is that bad.

bluechox2
07-31-2013, 12:44 AM
Monta Ellis turns down 3 years, 36 million and gets 3 years, 30 million.
Brandon Jennings turns down 4 years, 40 million and gets 3 years, 24 million.

Milwaukee is that bad.
or playing in Milwaukee has severely damaged their brains

(e)
07-31-2013, 12:48 AM
Central division looks stacked.

D-Rose
07-31-2013, 12:50 AM
Jennings and Smoove are typical Dumars type of guys...fringe stars that aren't household names...he built a championship team with guys of this sort of mold..though since then it's hurt him with guys like charlie v and ben jordan i mean gordon.

I<3NBA
07-31-2013, 12:56 AM
the Pistons just got worse.

hawkfan
07-31-2013, 01:24 AM
Jennings and Smoove are typical Dumars type of guys...fringe stars that aren't household names...he built a championship team with guys of this sort of mold..though since then it's hurt him with guys like charlie v and ben jordan i mean gordon.

Josh plays defense. Not sure about Jennings.

Gordon and CV don't play defense. Wallace, Billups, Wallace, Hamilton, Prince played defense.

D-Rose
07-31-2013, 01:28 AM
Josh plays defense. Not sure about Jennings.

Gordon and CV don't play defense. Wallace, Billups, Wallace, Hamilton, Prince played defense.
Chauncey and Rip were just average guys before that team came together, Rip a little above average. Sheed had issues with off court and effort type stuff...the team was the perfect storm of B listers that won a title and those are joe's type of dudes...especially in FA since obviously Detroit isn't a hot spot.

SamuraiSWISH
07-31-2013, 01:29 AM
Who cares. Jennings is average at best.

Lebron23
07-31-2013, 01:44 AM
Who cares. Jennings is average at best.

He's an inefficient ballhog.

Graviton
07-31-2013, 01:50 AM
Jennings isn't a total ballhog, I remember this season he had a couple 15+ assist games, and he had similar ones last season as well. And racking up assists with those garbage Bucks teams is no easy task. :oldlol:

He obviously has the skill and ability to set people up, Drummond, Smith and Monroe will benefit from his drives. Detroit can definitely make the 8th seed while Cavs get 7th. With Boston/Bucks/Sixers tanking there are lot of open spots.

SamuraiSWISH
07-31-2013, 01:51 AM
He's an inefficient ballhog.
Agreed. Who doesn't play defense, and can only score sporadically. If he played his niche role, he'd actually be a decent PG if he focused on setting people up. But he doesn't, because he's egotistical (unrightfully so) and dumb.

hawkfan
07-31-2013, 02:15 AM
Chauncey and Rip were just average guys before that team came together, Rip a little above average. Sheed had issues with off court and effort type stuff...the team was the perfect storm of B listers that won a title and those are joe's type of dudes...especially in FA since obviously Detroit isn't a hot spot.

Josh Smith is a great player, but he needs certain teammates around him.
In Atlanta, his biggest problem was the point guard position. We had no real point guards for awhile, then we had Mike Bibby on the downside of his career (who was solid for several years nevertheless) and then Teague struggling in the first part of his career.
Of course, if the Hawks had drafted Paul or Williams this wouldn't have been an issue.

The Pistons don't really have anyone who can create their own shot on the perimeter (and Jennings just jacking up a shot on the outside doesn't count). This team will need its young players to develop quickly to get into the playoffs. There are going to be floor spacing issues with Monroe, Drummond and Smith on the court.

dd24
07-31-2013, 02:59 AM
One thing people aren't taking into consideration is Smith, Monroe, and Drummond are not going to be on the court all together at the same time for the full game. There's going to be a lot of situations where we'll see Smith at PF and Monroe at C, or Smith at PF and Drummond at C, or Singler in the game with Drummond & Monroe. Jerebko can shoot, there's the new guy from Europe that can shoot, and CV can really shoot. All of those guys will get some PT too. So there's going to be a lot of different looks this team will be able to throw at people depending on match ups.

SpurrDurr
07-31-2013, 04:06 AM
I really like the direction that the Pistions have taken but i don't like Jennings a bit. They were better off with Calderon/Knight imo.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-31-2013, 04:16 AM
I know Jennings is the big name in this trade, but am I the only one who's mentioned the Bucks (seriously, I skipped a few pages)? This is a really good trade for them, imo. Considering their moves so far this off-season haven't really improve them and they could've either just kept a disgruntled Jennings or lost him for nothing, adding a young prospect like Knight and SF depth in Middleton is a good thing (though Kravtsov seems redundant of course).

Bandito
07-31-2013, 04:29 AM
Pistons seem a bit random to me. I can see them making the playoffs now, but the way their constructed just seems a little odd to me.
As it was with 04 Pistons. They had a 6'9 center coupled with a guy that used to get suspended a lot at PF, a SG and PG who were nobodies and a rookie SF that was tall but weak to be a PF. And they still won against a stacked team.:cheers:

I will be expecting a lot of this team. It all falls on how Jennings decide to play from now on. He cannot continue the same way he did in the Bucks. He has to become at least Prime Billups part two.:rockon:

Wavves
07-31-2013, 04:34 AM
Does anyone else feel as if Jennings could be a much better player with Detroit as he will not be relied on heavily to be the go to scorer on the team?

I feel as if he jacked a lot of shots that he maybe would not of taken if he had more talent on the Bucks rosters in the past.

hawkfan
07-31-2013, 04:37 AM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

This would happen later after the waiting period to trade free agents has passed.

Celtics get

Brandon Jennings
Greg Monroe
Charlie Villenueva (expirer)
1st round pick
2nd round pick

Pistons get

Rajan Rondo
Gerald Wallace
Jordan Crawford

embersyc
07-31-2013, 06:46 AM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

This would happen later after the waiting period to trade free agents has passed.

Celtics get

Brandon Jennings
Greg Monroe
Charlie Villenueva (expirer)
1st round pick
2nd round pick

Pistons get

Rajan Rondo
Gerald Wallace
Jordan Crawford

Die.

embersyc
07-31-2013, 07:41 AM
Anybody got insider and can post the trade grades?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/TradeGrades-130730/trade-grades-brandon-jennings-detroit-pistons

boozehound
07-31-2013, 10:50 AM
here's what's laid in front of Mayo

http://keithooper.smugmug.com/photos/183213715-M.jpg
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
wasnt it wide open in dallas as well? especially with dirk out for so long

Kujo
07-31-2013, 01:36 PM
Jennings wanted no part of Milwaukee, and I can't blame him. Interesting moves by Detroit this off-season. They'll be a playoff team for sure, I'm thinking 5th or 6th seed.

Jennings will have to be come more of distributor. He's shown he's capable. I hope his chucking days are over.

HurricaneKid
07-31-2013, 02:24 PM
Jennings took 15 FGA per game last year which is the same as Tony Parker for reference. His label as a selfish chucker is definitely undeserved. He needs to improve his decision making (which Cheeks will help with) but Jennings being a blackhole is false.

No. Its. Not.

No one else in the league shoots step back 22 footers with 20 seconds on the shot clock like BJ. A career .396 shooter has only shot 40% in one of four NBA seasons. His career best TS% is .514.

And Jennings has taken 17.0 and 15.6 FGAs/gm the last two years. Parker has taken 14.8 and 15.1. And has done so at shockingly poor rates.

HurricaneKid
07-31-2013, 02:36 PM
Does anyone else feel as if Jennings could be a much better player with Detroit as he will not be relied on heavily to be the go to scorer on the team?

I feel as if he jacked a lot of shots that he maybe would not of taken if he had more talent on the Bucks rosters in the past.

As a Bucks fan I laugh at this. He is a worse defender today than he was as a 19 yr old rookie. His favorite shot is a 22 foot step back jumper.

He didn't shoot because he had to. He shoots because he wants to.

Have you ever met someone that just loves to talk and when they aren't talking they are just thinking of what to say next? That is BJ with shooting. When he became a FA he said he would stay if we wanted him to "be the man". He just wants a green light. Doesn't care about passing, getting to the rim, playing D, nothing else. He has been told over and over again to take better shots but he just wanted to be able to shoot whatever he wanted.

Maybe he gets it in a few years. But he is lightyears from it now. He is a shoot first PG that can't pierce a defense and can't play D.

boozehound
07-31-2013, 02:43 PM
As a Bucks fan I laugh at this. He is a worse defender today than he was as a 19 yr old rookie. His favorite shot is a 22 foot step back jumper.

He didn't shoot because he had to. He shoots because he wants to.

Have you ever met someone that just loves to talk and when they aren't talking they are just thinking of what to say next? That is BJ with shooting. When he became a FA he said he would stay if we wanted him to "be the man". He just wants a green light. Doesn't care about passing, getting to the rim, playing D, nothing else. He has been told over and over again to take better shots but he just wanted to be able to shoot whatever he wanted.

Maybe he gets it in a few years. But he is lightyears from it now. He is a shoot first PG that can't pierce a defense and can't play D.
all of this is fairly true and one reason I am not a huge fan of the trade. But, he is clearly a better player than knight, and even a better distributor. Knight is a slightly better shooter and a worse 3 pt shooter, doesnt see the court nearly as well (even if jennings makes some dumb decisions) and has much less upside even in the long term. I do think middleton will be good for you, but I wouldnt be surprised to see Krastiv waived, as he is clearly inferior to almost every other big on the roster.

Fresh Kid
07-31-2013, 02:53 PM
pistons are going to be better, maybe number 8th seed.

DetroitPiston
07-31-2013, 03:09 PM
Get the feeling a change of scenery might benefit him.

HurricaneKid
07-31-2013, 03:18 PM
all of this is fairly true and one reason I am not a huge fan of the trade. But, he is clearly a better player than knight, and even a better distributor. Knight is a slightly better shooter and a worse 3 pt shooter, doesnt see the court nearly as well (even if jennings makes some dumb decisions) and has much less upside even in the long term. I do think middleton will be good for you, but I wouldnt be surprised to see Krastiv waived, as he is clearly inferior to almost every other big on the roster.

To be fair, Knight has inarguably been the worst starting PG in the league for a few years now. He is a smart, hardworking kid that probably just isn't good enough. But he is still young and team controlled for 3 more years. Middleton was a second rounder and doesn't appear to be much of a standout and is probably exchangeable with hundreds of guys not in the league. And Krastiv is at best a hold and wait.

The Bucks probably didn't get much for a guy who they had made a face of their franchise. But to be fair, there weren't many buyers out there and they probably would have settled for a slice of cold pizza and a beer.

If you haven't seen this its worth a watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KnHndbNPYi0

Le Shaqtus
07-31-2013, 03:27 PM
Signing Jennings does nothing for the Pistons, dude just chucks.

Bigsmoke
07-31-2013, 08:14 PM
the Pistons still gonna suck.

35 wins maybe.

PistonsFan#21
07-31-2013, 08:19 PM

35 wins maybe.

F*ck that we making the playoffs

50_40_90_
07-31-2013, 08:43 PM
The acquisitions of Jennings and Smith is the sequel to the previous Ben Gordon/Charlie V. signings a few years ago.

Can't wait for the trilogy in 2016/2017.

Dbrog
07-31-2013, 08:55 PM
Wow. How are so many people down on Jennings? He's a steal at 8 mil in terms of talent level. Also realize, you traded a straight bench PG in Knight for a low tier but still quality pg in Jennings. Great move for Detroit since they already struggled to find people that could score.

Dbrog
07-31-2013, 09:02 PM
No. Its. Not.

No one else in the league shoots step back 22 footers with 20 seconds on the shot clock like BJ. A career .396 shooter has only shot 40% in one of four NBA seasons. His career best TS% is .514.

And Jennings has taken 17.0 and 15.6 FGAs/gm the last two years. Parker has taken 14.8 and 15.1. And has done so at shockingly poor rates.

You mean like Billups his entire career? You weren't complaining when they were competing year after year.

longtime lurker
07-31-2013, 09:23 PM
I like the Jennings signing because Billups is there to mentor him. He can reaching Jennings being a guy who many teams in the NBA gave up on, but turned his career around by buying into a system.

Bandito
07-31-2013, 09:42 PM
Jennings is going to become what Rose is to the Bulls. Book it!

boozehound
07-31-2013, 11:06 PM

35 wins maybe.
uhm, have you followed the career of josh smith? There is no way this team isnt significantly better just based on him.

Bandito
07-31-2013, 11:58 PM
Signing Jennings does nothing for the Pistons, dude just chucks.
The Pistons have to legit bigs that can grabs his misses and tip it in. THey need a chucker right now.

jayfan
08-01-2013, 12:09 PM

A lot of references being made to the 2004 team. Biggest difference: COACH.
Worst move the Pistons made this off-season was signing Mo Cheeks. Larry Brown he is not - clearly - and that's exactly who they need for this group. Brown, perhaps, could reign in Smith and Jennings much like he did Sheed and Billups, with his insistence on working the ball to the rim - which would be great for Monroe and Drummond. Cheeks can't, and won't, do that. It's a bad mix.

qrich
08-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Drummond will be a fantasy god with 13 rebounds a night thanks to Jennings and Smith.

But really, a decent move for the Pistons, but in reality, this'll keep them in limbo as a fringe/low seed playoff team unless Monroe/Drummond really take the next step.

No_Look604
08-01-2013, 01:02 PM
man this time could fcuk the HEAT up. Real Talk.

Jennings went hard against MIA all by himself. Add in the two young bigs and Josh Smith who can D up LBJ and you never know.

boozehound
08-01-2013, 01:07 PM
A lot of references being made to the 2004 team. Biggest difference: COACH.
Worst move the Pistons made this off-season was signing Mo Cheeks. Larry Brown he is not - clearly - and that's exactly who they need for this group. Brown, perhaps, could reign in Smith and Jennings much like he did Sheed and Billups, with his insistence on working the ball to the rim - which would be great for Monroe and Drummond. Cheeks can't, and won't, do that. It's a bad mix.
no doubt. definitely the worst move. I would love to have Carlisle back (pipe dream I know), but even flip saunders is probably a better coach than cheeks.

madmax17
08-01-2013, 01:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnHndbNPYi0

Coach Nick on Jennings, it ain't good.

Levity
08-01-2013, 02:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnHndbNPYi0

Coach Nick on Jennings, it ain't good.

coach nick also said Howard would be unstoppable at the high pick and roll. he was pretty off on that analysis.

The biggest difference from the bucks to the pistons is that jennings wont have to be a top 2 option on this team. at worst, hes the 4th option, at best, the 3rd. That alone will make HUGE difference in his productivity. Hes going to have the ball in his hands, yes. but he shouldnt be chucking it this season. at least not as much. he has 3 players who can score anywhere in the paint. Chauncy is really going to mentor this kid the right way.

Take Your Lumps
08-02-2013, 12:12 PM
I'll just leave this here :hammerhead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_zqliJBwrA