PDA

View Full Version : FIBA asia Champsion games

veilside23
07-31-2013, 02:28 PM
1 August 2013
Jordan

Lebron23
08-01-2013, 02:09 AM
I thnk we are going to win the Bronze Medal. China, Iran and Philippines.

ErhnamDjinn
08-01-2013, 03:45 PM
China just lost to Korea and Iran demolished Malaysia

I dont think the Philippines has a shot at bronze even with the host status.

Day 1 Game Results (August 01, 2013)
Iran def. Malaysia, 115-25 [Game Stats]
Taipei def. Jordan, 91-87 [Game Stats]
Qatar def. Japan, 75-74 [Game Stats]
S.Korea def. China, 63-59 [Game Stats]
Bahrain def. India, 82-80 [Game Stats]
PHL def. S.Arabia, 78-66 [Game Stats]
KAZ def. Thailand, 81-67 [Game Stats]

veilside23
08-01-2013, 06:51 PM
dont under estimate the philippines :) they were able to win the jones cup...

ErhnamDjinn
08-02-2013, 01:59 AM
dont under estimate the philippines :) they were able to win the jones cup...
with a much better team, the team now seems to be to small, i do hope they do well but im not keeping my hopes up, i do want to watch a couple of games

Grinder
08-02-2013, 12:13 PM
It's appalling how bad the Philippines' national team is for a country that's crazy about basketball and has such a high population.

Teams like Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic would dominate them.

ErhnamDjinn
08-02-2013, 06:27 PM
It's appalling how bad the Philippines' national team is for a country that's crazy about basketball and has such a high population.

Teams like Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic would dominate them.
we just dont have the bigs to compete in the international scale, our PG and guards are ok, I think if we only get 2-3 serviceable big men we can win asia

and no its not Greg Slaughter or no IQ Japeth Aguilar

gabepizza
08-03-2013, 10:56 AM
I just watched a highlight of undefeated Qatar vs Hong Kong on FIBA's website. I thought teams can only use one nationalized player. The majority of Qatar's players are black?

Either:
Qatar has a lot or blacks than I realized
every single black person in Qatar is on the basketball team
something fishy is going on

JtotheIzzo
08-04-2013, 01:03 AM
we just dont have the bigs to compete in the international scale, our PG and guards are ok, I think if we only get 2-3 serviceable big men we can win asia

and no its not Greg Slaughter or no IQ Japeth Aguilar

Not really true. Your guards aren't that great and a lot of Asian teams lack bigs.

You just lost on your home floor to Taiwan who has no bigs.

The system needs fixing in The Philippines.

solar.hands
08-04-2013, 05:02 AM
Not really true. Your guards aren't that great and a lot of Asian teams lack bigs.

last part is true,even non filipinos knows whats wrong. i mean we cant even send the best possible team in intl tournaments. we saw last night how terrible our perimeter d is. if marcio lassiter and chris lutz was there it would be a different story, heck even ryan reyes would suffice.

but im still hoping we can make it spain though

veilside23
08-05-2013, 07:14 PM
last part is true,even non filipinos knows whats wrong. i mean we cant even send the best possible team in intl tournaments. we saw last night how terrible our perimeter d is. if marcio lassiter and chris lutz was there it would be a different story, heck even ryan reyes would suffice.

but im still hoping we can make it spain though

Its not the players the problem is the funds for the team to be honest. the countries mentioned above have built a team that will be their team until they all retire every other country is fit that way. you cant just win on talent if you are not USA even the dream team started playing with each other since they were kids so familiarity is there.

so i think its the system and the funds for the players that they need to focus on if they want to win. also they must stick to 1 coach like team USA they always ask coach K to mentor and guide team USA. and other countries as well ..

HERE in P.I. you get to see the coaches that a. either out of the league or b. someone who is great. nothing wrong with that but P.I brand of basketball is not FIBA style some rules are set like it but not fully built like that some other leagues.

so if P.I. really wants to contend we need time and dedication and funds.

Good thing this time gilas is being spear headed by MVP. i hope he sticks with the team.

Also some pro team's dont want to give their best players i know its foolish but that's how it is.

I was wanting to see Chris Ellis. Arwind Santos and J wash into this gilas team.

Lebron23
08-06-2013, 06:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daEDyGNDX2o

Japeth Aguilar slamdunk vs. Japan

ErhnamDjinn
08-07-2013, 02:10 AM

The guards are good albeit a bit small like Jason Castro,im talking about just Asia we should atleast be a perenial top 2-3 team but we really lack bigs and good forwards, i to am baffled why lutz, lassiter or ellis werent included i believe smb managment is blackballing gilas, hopefully mvp continues to support us but im not surprised if we get bounced early

veilside23
08-07-2013, 05:47 PM
# 1 BABY
phil vs kazakhstan friday ...

china vs taiwan

iran vs jordan

korea vs qatar....

gabepizza
08-07-2013, 11:49 PM
# 1 BABY

China vs taiwan

iran vs jordan

korea vs qatar....

Talk about political game.

JtotheIzzo
08-09-2013, 12:27 AM
# 1 BABY

china vs taiwan

iran vs jordan

korea vs qatar....

Philippines got a great draw through, looks like they got a great chance to qualify.

Poor Taiwan, best tournament in years and they draw under-performing China first.

solar.hands
08-09-2013, 07:47 AM
what a win by taiwan, winning against the defending champs, though injury ridden, china

Lebron23
08-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Philippines beat Kazakhstan. They advances in the final 4.

veilside23
08-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Do or die today ;)

scandisk_
08-10-2013, 10:10 AM
SPAIN HERE WE COME! :rockon:

KokoWarzone
08-10-2013, 10:27 AM
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: GILAS PILIPINAS 2.0 just broke the korean curse!

tears to my eyes :cry: that massive balls by jimmy/jim alapag and pingris even though he's hurt

solar.hands
08-10-2013, 10:28 AM
fck yeah!!!!!

treeztuhn
08-10-2013, 11:20 AM
yeah baby!!! ph in the finals!!!!

magic chiongson
08-10-2013, 01:31 PM
w00t philippines going to the world championships!

i heard they wont be playing douthit in the finals due to injuries

Lebron23
08-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Philippines finally beat Korea.

ErhnamDjinn
08-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Philippines finally beat Korea.
Yup so happy we finally beat the curse. Im ashamed I doubted this team glad I was proved wrong go gilas

veilside23
08-14-2013, 07:41 PM
iran only beat us by 14 pts... imagine if douthit played :D