PDA

View Full Version : Chandler Parsons

CelticPride13
07-31-2013, 05:07 PM
Not only is he the sexiest man in the NBA, yes homo, he's pretty underrated around here and a great all-around player. What do you think his potential? I think he'll get to a few All-Star games at his prime.

noob cake
07-31-2013, 05:09 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0531/grant_h_parsons_sl_576.jpg

Johnny Jones
07-31-2013, 05:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yW4bg.gif

KG215
07-31-2013, 05:21 PM
I think a "few" All-Star games is being generous, because that implies he'll make at least 2 or 3, and I'm not sold on him having that kind of potential. Honestly, on a team that's already going to have two perennial All-Stars, he's going to have to have some really good seasons just to make one. Not even Harden made the All-Star team with OKC in 2012 despite averaging 17-4-4 on a top 2 team in the West, and top 3 team (record wise) in the entire NBA.

He's already a good player who should continue to get better. But, again making a few All-Star teams? I don't see it.

noob cake
07-31-2013, 05:49 PM
I think a "few" All-Star games is being generous, because that implies he'll make at least 2 or 3, and I'm not sold on him having that kind of potential. Honestly, on a team that's already going to have two perennial All-Stars, he's going to have to have some really good seasons just to make one. Not even Harden made the All-Star team with OKC in 2012 despite averaging 17-4-4 on a top 2 team in the West, and top 3 team (record wise) in the entire NBA.

He's already a good player who should continue to get better. But, again making a few All-Star teams? I don't see it.

White and 37th pick?

If he was black and a lotto pick, your opinion would be completely different.

Already ace defender, has good shot, has good handles, insanely athletic.

KG215
07-31-2013, 05:52 PM
White and 37th pick?

If he was black and a lotto pick, your opinion would be completely different.

Already ace defender, has good shot, has good handles, insanely athletic.
:oldlol:

You're an idiot. I didn't say he wasn't already and won't be a good player. I just said making a "few" All-Star games is being generous.

Mr. NBA
07-31-2013, 08:27 PM
I think he may have some James Posey in him. Glue guy, and a great 3rd option. Dont think he can carry the load though. His personality might make him pretty popular.

Graviton
07-31-2013, 08:29 PM
He is in that Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, Harrison Barnes tier. All of them are the future at SF position. Parsons may be the best scorer and shooter among them.

Electric Slide
07-31-2013, 09:29 PM
He has already peaked as a player imo. He doesn't have the potential that Leonard and Butler do. He is also nothing special as a defender. He is just a really good shooter and scorer and that's it.

TMAC-RAPTORS
07-31-2013, 09:32 PM
He has already peaked as a player imo. He doesn't have the potential that Leonard and Butler do. He is also nothing special as a defender. He is just a really good shooter and scorer and that's it.

Why cause he white? :coleman:

Maniak
07-31-2013, 09:36 PM
gay

Electric Slide
07-31-2013, 09:36 PM
Why cause he white? :coleman:
Not as athletic.

He is comparable to Harrison Barnes, who doesn't have that much potential either. Barnes biggest weakness and flaw right now is his lack of athleticism. If Barnes had played on a lottery team, chances are he would have been exposed and possibly ruled as a bust, but playing on the Warriors changed that

Psycho
07-31-2013, 09:38 PM
If he is 7 inches or above, I'd do him. I lowered from my 8 inch rule because he's a cutie alright.

Maniak
07-31-2013, 09:40 PM
He is comparable to Harrison Barnes, who doesn't have that much potential either.

oh lawdie

noob cake
07-31-2013, 09:44 PM
Not as athletic.

He is comparable to Harrison Barnes, who doesn't have that much potential either. Barnes biggest weakness and flaw right now is his lack of athleticism. If Barnes had played on a lottery team, chances are he would have been exposed and possibly ruled as a bust, but playing on the Warriors changed that

Tell me with a straight face that the player in this video is not athletic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yI871TtWu0

Electric Slide
07-31-2013, 09:45 PM

He is an above average athlete but not a great one. He's not Larry Bird but he surely is not the athlete that Butler and Leonard are.

noob cake
07-31-2013, 09:45 PM
He is an above average athlete but not a great one. He's not Larry Bird but he surely is not the athlete that Butler and Leonard are.

So not black?

And dude, I posted a 6 minute video. You replied 2 minutes after my post. You obviously didn't even watch it.

juju151111
07-31-2013, 09:47 PM
Not as athletic.

He is athletic. I'm so confused here. Do you even watch the rockets.

Electric Slide
07-31-2013, 09:47 PM
So not black?

And dude, I posted a 6 minute video. You replied 2 minutes after my post. You obviously didn't even watch it.
He is as athletic as Harrison Barnes, good athlete, but not great. Pretty sure Harrison Barnes is black unless you know a white one.

I don't need to watch a video to know what kind of player Parsons is. I know who he is.

He is some cocky white guy that thinks he is the shit for getting Dwight Howard. Guy has been running his mouth all off-season.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-31-2013, 09:50 PM
He is as athletic as Harrison Barnes, good athlete, but not great. Pretty sure Harrison Barnes is black unless you know a white one.

I don't need to watch a video to know what kind of player Parsons is. I know who he is.

He is some cocky white guy that thinks he is the shit for getting Dwight Howard. Guy has been running his mouth all off-season.
:oldlol:

christian1923
07-31-2013, 09:53 PM
I never knew he dunked on ibaka like that. :applause:

no pun intended
07-31-2013, 09:53 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/d7173822e01244e719bef33082f7cc98/tumblr_mib7z8fZwL1qdry19o1_500.jpg

juju151111
07-31-2013, 09:57 PM

He a better athlete then Barnes and currently better then Barnes. Also don't know what him being athletic means who going to be better.
Imo
1.Kewi
2.Chandler
3.Jimmy butler
4.Barnes

KungFuJoe
07-31-2013, 10:04 PM
I like Leonard a lot but parsons is both more athletic and has more upside.

His offensive game is about as complete as there is. He can hit from ANYWHERE on the court. He is more offensively versatile than Harden.

noob cake
07-31-2013, 10:12 PM

His offensive game is about as complete as there is. He can hit from ANYWHERE on the court. He is more offensively versatile than Harden.

Parsons mudering Griffin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrlwYvmxhKM

Parsons on top of Ibaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zggDyCohEtM

Parsons tipslam + teabag over McGee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUr7glxTqac

Missed free throw follow up dunk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8XEe3-6zgU

Parsons 1v3 fastbreak dunk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_St-RtWFeL4

Follwup on missed shot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdhuIeN_JTI

Chandler's nickname is Chandler Bang because of the amount of tip slam he achieved during his rookie year.

SCdac
07-31-2013, 10:20 PM
Kinda think he's overrated but still a promising talent who can give you really potent scoring at times but also 2-10 / 4-12 kind of shooting at others. Scoring wise from his position, can he surpass the Richard Jeffersons and Sean Elliotts? whats his ceiling I wonder, especially as the Rockets fill out, and was last season what we'll generally see from him? ... Elliott scraped in a couple AS games but RJ couldn't, despite putting in 22+ ppg a couple times (he'd make it in today's league probably). I can see all of Parsons, Kawhi, or Barnes making an AS game just as soon as I see them missing it. Really depends on whats an AS in your view.

None the less, hope Parsons doesn't fall too in love with his three point shot, and continues to diversify his game as a playmaker and slasher. With an increase in minutes, he went from 5.2 Three Point attempts in the regular season to 6.7 in the playoffs. And it's not a matter of being inefficient, he can shoot, but rather looking forward to seeing his game develop as the rockets game plan itself evolves. I chalk the three point shooting up to the quick paced trigger happy system, but it's also part of the reason Parsons is currently flourishing imo.

Electric Slide
07-31-2013, 10:21 PM
Richard Jefferson is an excellent comparison for Chandler Parsons.

Jameerthefear
07-31-2013, 10:25 PM
Always loved him at Florida.

Peteballa
07-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Go Gators

OldSkoolball#52
07-31-2013, 10:56 PM

This. Both are really nice young players, but if you take skin tone out of it and just look at the footage, Parsons is the better athlete.

Yes folks, there are some white people who are more athletic than some black people.

juju151111
07-31-2013, 11:05 PM
This. Both are really nice young players, but if you take skin tone out of it and just look at the footage, Parsons is the better athlete.

Yes folks, there are some white people who are more athletic than some black people.
I agree, but I see Kawi with the better upside.

DuMa
07-31-2013, 11:12 PM
He has sneaky athleticism but he will need to elevate his fundamentals further because teams will start to figure him out.

Peteballa
07-31-2013, 11:13 PM
He has sneaky athleticism but he will need to elevate his fundamentals further because teams will start to figure him out.

Every non black player has "sneaky athleticism" it seems like.

I remember when every commentator talked about Jeremy Lin and his "deceptive quickness".

Graviton
07-31-2013, 11:15 PM

Athleticism isn't just about jumping high. Leonard has arguably the best physical tools of any player at his position, only behind Lebron. His arms and hands are alien, his whole body is abnormal even by NBA standards. He uses his freak body to rebound like a center, his quickness and strength to guard perimeter players of any position is right up there with Lebron, he is the most athletic player out of the all the new SFs. Maybe not the best dunker, but overall his athleticism is on another level.

Electric Slide
07-31-2013, 11:25 PM
Every non black player has "sneaky athleticism" it seems like.

I remember when every commentator talked about Jeremy Lin and his "deceptive quickness".
Black and athletic = Athletic
Non-black and athletic = Deceptive

tomtucker
08-01-2013, 02:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/yW4bg.gif

360 teabag...........:rockon:

brandonislegend
08-01-2013, 03:08 AM
Richard Jefferson is an excellent comparison for Chandler Parsons.

Just no.

Fresh Kid
08-01-2013, 03:30 AM
frutier than jason collins.

SpurrDurr
08-01-2013, 05:03 AM
He's really a good player but i don't think he ll never be an all-star.

I mean this year prolly Howard will become the 2nd scoring option so Parsons will get less touches.
And if the Rockets manage to bring a 3rd star aboard, well it ll get ugly for him.

CelticPride13
08-01-2013, 05:56 AM

I mean this year prolly Howard will become the 2nd scoring option so Parsons will get less touches.
And if the Rockets manage to bring a 3rd star aboard, well it ll get ugly for him.
Parsons will rise next year, he'll be that 3rd star. White power!! :rockon: :oldlol: :banana:

dbk123
08-01-2013, 06:00 AM

so you think he will be an all star eventually?

SpurrDurr
08-01-2013, 07:33 AM
so you think he will be an all star eventually?

Don't think so, I can see Leonard and Gallo playing the all star game before him, maybe even Batum. He's gonna be hard to be noticed in Houston.

All these 3 players i listed are more talented than Parsons imo, especially Batum even tho he's really struggling with his consistency.

salwan
08-01-2013, 07:40 AM
360 teabag...........:rockon:

:roll: :roll:

longtime lurker
08-01-2013, 08:45 AM
I like Parsons and hopes he does well as a player, but there's no chance he makes an all star team unless he puts up crazy numbers like 18 and 10 and the Rockets get first in the West.

Jailblazers7
08-01-2013, 09:11 AM

This guy isn't very athletic either:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd3oWmofSbQ

jzek
08-01-2013, 10:02 AM
I don't think he's good looking at all. Pretty average for a white boy. JJ Reddick is the best good looking male athlete in the world currently (yes, VERY homo).

This is a shot of him in-game:

http://i.imgur.com/4OxEYpj.jpg

Looks like he just got out of a photoshoot!

scm5
08-01-2013, 11:42 AM

He averaged 16/5/4 on 49%FG 39%3FG 1.0spg in his second season in the NBA.

There is definitely a lot of potential in his game and out of him, Kawhi, Barnes, and Butler, Chandler looks like the most polished of the four. He's no slacker on defense, so Kawhi and Butler's advantages there aren't as big as most people would want to believe. He has the best shot of the four as well as the best handles and court vision.

I could see Parsons putting up 20/7/5 on 50% in his prime which are definitely all-star numbers and surprisingly not too far off from his sophmore numbers.

I was sold on him being the real deal after watching this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2rAZE6gftU

He's serious about the game and communicates well with his teammates, even if they're being ***** to him. He's going to be a good leader and I'm not surprised Dwight was sold on Houston because of Parsons.

scm5
08-01-2013, 11:46 AM
I think he may have some James Posey in him. Glue guy, and a great 3rd option. Dont think he can carry the load though. His personality might make him pretty popular.

I could see him developing into a solid second option.

16/5/4 is very close to second option numbers and he's only on his second season.

He's got a great shot, plays hard on defense, and has court vision. 4apg with Lin and Harden taking turns dominating the ball and averaging 6apg each is pretty impressive.

Clifton
08-01-2013, 12:19 PM
You have to take into account the Rockets' offense, though. When they're a title contender with Dwight Howard, it will be much less run and gun.

Check out numbers of guys like Jason Richardson and Al Harrington when they were on the Warriors.

Not to say Parsons won't have 20ppg seasons - I really don't know - but this season's numbers were exaggerated. The Rockets basically had one basketball player and a ton of 3pt shooters and a lot of heart, but they weren't a serious team last season.

I think he'll have as many 20ppg seasons as Ginobili had. Is that fair? I see him as that kind of player. If he's (unwisely) made the #2 option on a team for the long haul, he'll score, but it'll never feel right, and they won't win. That's IMO.

Peteballa
08-01-2013, 12:22 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Chandler-Parsons-46675 lol

VIntageNOvel
08-01-2013, 12:38 PM
parson remind me of batum,
kahwi is more like faried
barnes = butler

scm5
08-01-2013, 12:47 PM
You have to take into account the Rockets' offense, though. When they're a title contender with Dwight Howard, it will be much less run and gun.

Check out numbers of guys like Jason Richardson and Al Harrington when they were on the Warriors.

Not to say Parsons won't have 20ppg seasons - I really don't know - but this season's numbers were exaggerated. The Rockets basically had one basketball player and a ton of 3pt shooters and a lot of heart, but they weren't a serious team last season.

I think he'll have as many 20ppg seasons as Ginobili had. Is that fair? I see him as that kind of player. If he's (unwisely) made the #2 option on a team for the long haul, he'll score, but it'll never feel right, and they won't win. That's IMO.

Run and gun doesn't really benefit Parsons as much as it would say Lin or Harden.

Parsons can thrive in almost any offense.

Manu didn't have any 20ppg seasons because he never got the minutes. His career high in mpg was 31.1 where he scored 19.5ppg. They are completely different types of players.

LosScandalous
08-01-2013, 12:49 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cYGzCgL6U-8/S-Jo-NE_8SI/AAAAAAAAALM/ZGmRkcr0fVo/s320/Kobe+ESPN+Mag.jpg

Are we going to act like frobe in his prime wasn't the GOAT?

tomtucker
08-01-2013, 12:50 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_H4veUzVEbA/UYI4JWvbJLI/AAAAAAAAHdE/jT7ocZ-pKto/s640/Jeremy+Lin+hearts+Chandler+Parsons.gif

the guy is awesome :oldlol:

SpurrDurr
08-01-2013, 01:15 PM

There is definitely a lot of potential in his game and out of him, Kawhi, Barnes, and Butler, Chandler looks like the most polished of the four. He's no slacker on defense, so Kawhi and Butler's advantages there aren't as big as most people would want to believe. He has the best shot of the four as well as the best handles and court vision.

I could see Parsons putting up 20/7/5 on 50% in his prime which are definitely all-star numbers and surprisingly not too far off from his sophmore numbers.

I was sold on him being the real deal after watching this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2rAZE6gftU

He's serious about the game and communicates well with his teammates, even if they're being ***** to him. He's going to be a good leader and I'm not surprised Dwight was sold on Houston because of Parsons.

Even if he's only in nba since 2011 he still has way more basketball experience and maturity (college experience still matters) than Kawhi and Barnes since he's 3 years older than Leonard and 4 years older than Barnes.

Anyway i'm not saying that he can't put up those numbers, i'm just saying that with Howard and a possible 3rd star arriving his touches will drop.

As for Kawhi, he's a superior defender (huge wingspan helps him a lot) and a way better rebounder. As for the offensive part, this year he's gonna get more shots and responsabilities since Ginobli's decline, so i expect his numbers go up quite a bit.

Lastly, his PER for the 2012-2013 seson is lower than Gallo, Leonard and Batum and if you bring up his stats you gotta consider that he played an average of 4 MPG more than Gallo and 5 MPG more than Leonard.

no pun intended
12-08-2013, 12:39 AM
https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1499505_624392160955924_1373764201_n.jpg