PDA

View Full Version : Knick just wasting time with Woodson?

el gringos
08-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Is Woodson a coach that can win a championship? Is that even the goal.

A lazy coach plays 2 pg's together because that is the safest easiest way to coach a team.

Copying George Karl on how to use Carmelo and JR smith. Karl hated those 2 players and spent many years sabatoging them. Both of those players need to be put in position to succeed, but the easy way out is just let them try to play hero ball all the time. Of course they like that- does that mean that what is best for the team?

Phil Jackson would start shumpert/JR/Carmelo/Bargnani/chandler. Why? Because when you play your best players together the rest can learn a role to fit around them. Felton would be great as the primary ball handler/decision maker for the second unit. Jr would be great as not a primary option all the time.

Woodson is either scared or too stupid to coach this team.

knickscity
08-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Carlisle won a ring with Dallas playing a two pg lineup and even three guards at a time.

Phil would coach this team, he'd demand all of them traded.

The problem isnt whether Woodson can coach a team to title but rather is this team a title contender?

The simple answer is no, but they should be competitive and a hard team to knockout.

el gringos
08-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Carlisle won a ring with Dallas playing a two pg lineup and even three guards at a time.

Phil would coach this team, he'd demand all of them traded.

The problem isnt whether Woodson can coach a team to title but rather is this team a title contender?

The simple answer is no, but they should be competitive and a hard team to knockout.
Huge disagree. This team has elite talent.

This isn't girls basketball where the coach controls what the players do. A coach controls only who plays with who and for how long. And that is the problem- how the players are used.

Shumpert and Jr smith are the best 2 gaurds. Defensively and offensively. (Maybe you can make an argument for Felton over shumpert offensively, but there is no arguing defense right?

The 6th man is someone you want handling the ball and making decisions- who fits that better, Felton or JR smith?

The only reason you put Felton over shumpert or jr smith is if you want option number 1 to be a pg/c pick and roll- why do you want that as first option when you have the best post up 3 of all time?

Shumpert
Jr smith
Carmelo
Bargnani
Chandler

Felton, mwp, Kmart, amare off the bench

That's as talented of a rotation as there is in the NBA. Problem is they aren't used right and it lowers the ceiling of the team using them out of talent order.

knickscity
08-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Elite talent doesnt equal championship contender.

I actually debate the "elite talent" remark.

When i think elite I at least would believe the best at their position.

The team is good, not so much a title contender.

el gringos
10-31-2013, 03:38 PM
Playing Carmelo, shumpert, Bargnani, jr smith out of order just to build a team around Felton, chandler and prigioni? Woodson is so dumb that he is completely backwards. Throwing away a season is one thing if you have the talent that the 76rs have- to throw away a season when you have the talent of the Knicks roster is another story.

This team needs someone to coach it- not some lazy guy standing around encouraging iso ball. Iso with this roster can be a good regular season team. How is that enough for you?

Sarcastic
10-31-2013, 03:54 PM
I agree with Gringo here. Woodson is a tool. He will be fired after this year if he does not get the Knicks to the ECF at least. The writing is on the wall after his boy, Grunwald was relieved of his duties.

Rameek
10-31-2013, 05:32 PM
This guy coached the team to a 2nd seed. 50 plus wins. I dont think a coach will get fired for not starting who we like. Woody will be here as long as Melo and Dolan wants.

franchize
10-31-2013, 11:31 PM
This guy coached the team to a 2nd seed. 50 plus wins. I dont think a coach will get fired for not starting who we like. Woody will be here as long as Melo and Dolan wants.
This

That being said, I've lost faith in this guy. He has no plan B. Him going small and switching was his masterpiece. That was his ta da moment. He's completely shot his load. He's just grasping at straws at this point. I respect what he's done as a coach, but it's time to move on. He's too stuck in his ways. As I've said before, we need a young, energetic coach who we can grow with. Not this "my way or the highway" crap. You can't try and do the same thing with every team every year, regardless on the personnel. We aren't last year's team let alone the Hawks...and I'm not sure I want to be.

el gringos
10-31-2013, 11:55 PM
It's not even really just who starts. It's how he takes the lazy way out of everything. These Knicks including or even especially it's best players need coached as much or more than any team in the nba. Carmelo isn't even aware that he is not a perimeter player not is he at his best only in iso. He doesn't realize that his game is inside out- the opposite of Lebron or a Durant

The idea that because his win percentage is so high that it means he is good is so far off. His win percentage is high because of the talent he has. Where woodsons impact really shows is the playoffs and its a negative.

This team would benifit more from a triangle type or some type of inside out offense. Problem is when your coach is so lazy you get the opposite. A pick and role/iso offense

I love this roster. But they aren't smart enough to coach themselves

Rameek
11-01-2013, 10:38 AM
This is what he is. He's been this way from jump street and Atlanta.

As long as he's getting results Dolan won't make the change and as long as Melo is happy nothing will change.

kNicKz
11-06-2013, 02:36 PM
I liked the defense that he initially brought to the Knicks, after dealing with Pringles...but I'm starting to get sick of his lack of offensive plays

knickscity
11-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Even though Woody will lose his job soon if they dont turn it around...nobody will get this squad to winning ways.

It's not that good.

On a nightly basis can anyone with a straight face say the Knicks are the most talented TEAM on the floor vs their opponent?

Out of 82 games, I'd say maybe 20 times, and thats even recognizing melo as a top 10 player.

franchize
11-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Even though Woody will lose his job soon if they dont turn it around...nobody will get this squad to winning ways.

It's not that good.

On a nightly basis can anyone with a straight face say the Knicks are the most talented TEAM on the floor vs their opponent?

Out of 82 games, I'd say maybe 20 times, and thats even recognizing melo as a top 10 player.

With all due respect. Not trying to pick an argument here. But haven't I been saying this for the past 3 years? We've squandered our offseason with folk heroes and fan favorites instead of surrounding Melo with TALENT. The Amare thing is like debt. It's not going away for a while. But don't go out and mess up everything else. You gotta maximize the resources you do have. Signing guys like Bibby, Kidd, Prigioni, Novak etc isn't how you maximize your limited assets.

el gringos
11-23-2013, 11:59 PM
The team has a losing mentality. What more reason to make a change can there be?

Rameek
11-24-2013, 02:51 AM
The team has a losing mentality. What more reason to make a change can there be?
How does a team that went to the 2nd round and 50 plus games have a losing mentality.

I do smell a shake up coming though. If something doesnt change after this road trip and this team loses to Brooklyn. I think heads will roll.

These changes are the reason I think Melo will probably leave and a good part of why this organization wont acquire talent. Constant turnover with BAD coaches and Bad GM's and then constant turnover with the roster.
[QUOTE]
Coaches

Don Chaney 2001

franchize
11-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Rameek makes a great point. To add to that, a lot of those guys were brought in because of their name and not necessarily because they fit what we had talent wise.

Rameek
11-26-2013, 03:02 AM
Rameek makes a great point. To add to that, a lot of those guys were brought in because of their name and not necessarily because they fit what we had talent wise.
They havent acquired any players thats really good or even have a significant name.

Rameek
11-26-2013, 03:47 AM
Tim Legler nailed it on Basketball Tonight:

The Knicks have too many one way players.
The team has no ball movement.

franchize
11-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Tim Legler nailed it on Basketball Tonight:

The Knicks have too many one way players.
The team has no ball movement.

Oh the shit I've been saying for years? lol Legler is a douche. Capt Obvious. His "expertise" and "analysis" let him figure that out all by himself? We haven't had ball movement in years. Our offense is more like Bowel Movement. If we moved as much as we do on defense (with all the unnecessary switching) we'd be a stellar offensive team lol

Rameek
11-26-2013, 03:41 PM
D'Antoni had ball movement

Oh the shit I've been saying for years? lol Legler is a douche. Capt Obvious. His "expertise" and "analysis" let him figure that out all by himself? We haven't had ball movement in years. Our offense is more like Bowel Movement. If we moved as much as we do on defense (with all the unnecessary switching) we'd be a stellar offensive team lol

Rameek
12-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Has anyone noticed the line up changes that Woodson has implemented?

Has been to your satisfaction?

franchize
12-26-2013, 05:59 AM
D'Antoni had ball movement
No D'Antoni had 7 seconds or less lol Which is more like someone hurry up and shoot.

Rameek
12-26-2013, 01:42 PM
No D'Antoni had 7 seconds or less lol Which is more like someone hurry up and shoot.
Going to disagree with that. The ball moved to an open shot long or short shot.

el gringos
02-13-2014, 11:08 AM
How is ball movement going to happen when you play such unbalanced lineups and have no structure?

Wood sons plan is actually to surround Carmelo with as many guys who can't shoot or score and have melo ISO from the 3 point line. He has it completely backwards and building the rotation around Felton and chandler has gotten enough of a chance.

Only a complete idiot would want his best players to fit around the role players.

Rameek
02-13-2014, 02:37 PM
How is ball movement going to happen when you play such unbalanced lineups and have no structure?

Wood sons plan is actually to surround Carmelo with as many guys who can't shoot or score and have melo ISO from the 3 point line. He has it completely backwards and building the rotation around Felton and chandler has gotten enough of a chance.

Only a complete idiot would want his best players to fit around the role players.
You only seem to think offensively but you have to account for the other part of the game like defense and rebounding. It isnt easy with the group of players they have to find a balance on both sides of the ball.

el gringos
02-14-2014, 10:27 AM
You only seem to think offensively but you have to account for the other part of the game like defense and rebounding. It isnt easy with the group of players they have to find a balance on both sides of the ball.
Nope. They are all capable of defending. The abilities you have to balance are offensive.

Rameek
02-14-2014, 03:52 PM
Nope. They are all capable of defending. The abilities you have to balance are offensive.
Capable and willing participant is totally different. That is why this team struggles, isnt consistent and is way below .500. They are not willing participants to defend or rebound.

You seem to have a D'Antoni philosophy going which isnt bad but doesnt lead to championships. Solve offensive problems when the issue is defense and rebounding.

knickscity
02-15-2014, 02:41 PM
Not having an interim on the bench make firing the head coach nearly impossible.

No respectable coach would come in mid season

Rameek
02-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Not having an interim on the bench make firing the head coach nearly impossible.

No respectable coach would come in mid season

Just to piggy back on what you said I'll quote my response to Clutch from the other day.

The ramifications for such a short sighted move could be catastrophic dealing with the Melo situation.

What legitimate coach would want to come in the middle of a season with no training camp or experience with the players?
The coach will have to teach their own philosophy and ideas and expectations.
Scrap whatever system that was run by the previous regime and install their own.

Doing all this on the fly. Thats why usually the interim comes from within. Who do the Knicks have to fill the role. Herb Williams.... Geez

The Knicks Front Office is one of the worse in the league with no appeal to anyone in legit coaching circles. Not only the ridiculous infrastructure but the high turnover rate of President/GM/Coaches roster personnel.

I could keep going on and on why its not or should not happen. Teams that are not going anywhere usually get away with such brain dead moves because they are a lottery team so if they are losing they expect to continue to fail for a pick (a tank move). The Knicks dont have this years pick and they want to make sure the Nuggetz dont get a good pick and also make the playoffs in hopes to keep Melo.

Clutch
02-15-2014, 09:40 PM
Alright guys,I understand your reasons for not firing Woodson but I would still fire him.

So what if we take a risk and hire someone who's a complete mystery ? It might pan out and if it doesn't this season is already over. It's better to use this last 30 games as an experiment that could get us something in the future rather than just watch this disaster continue and do nothing.

knickscity
02-16-2014, 01:21 AM
Alright guys,I understand your reasons for not firing Woodson but I would still fire him.

So what if we take a risk and hire someone who's a complete mystery ? It might pan out and if it doesn't this season is already over. It's better to use this last 30 games as an experiment that could get us something in the future rather than just watch this disaster continue and do nothing.
Firing Woodson isnt the issue, not having a replacement is.

If there was a guy on the bench< i would consider, but like you said, this season is over.

So why change?

Rameek
02-16-2014, 01:57 AM
Firing Woodson isnt the issue, not having a replacement is.

If there was a guy on the bench< i would consider, but like you said, this season is over.

So why change?
To piggy back...

You can not experiment with Melo deciding his future... That's quite counterproductive. Do you think hiring a Brad Stevens (Celtics coach) going to inspire Melo to stay?

Unfortunately this is a constant retooling team never a rebuilding team.

knickscity
02-16-2014, 10:54 AM
To piggy back...

You can not experiment with Melo deciding his future... That's quite counterproductive. Do you think hiring a Brad Stevens (Celtics coach) going to inspire Melo to stay?

Unfortunately this is a constant retooling team never a rebuilding team.
Fully agree, any move the team makes will be to keep Melo, including a coach.

I actually doubt Wood goes anwhere....cant imagine the backlash of two coaches losing their jobs under Melo.

Clutch
02-16-2014, 02:06 PM
Woodson isn't a championship caliber coach. If Melo requests Woody to be his coach then he can pack his suitcases and go elsewhere as well.

Maybe Melo and Woodson like each other but these two together can't go far because their style of play/coaching isn't what wins championships.

We need to get coach who'll promote ball movement and defense (without the unnecessary switching) and surround Melo with players who are able to do that.

I don't know if Melo is good enough to win as a#1 option. I KNOW FOR SURE THAT WITH WOODSON HE ISN'T.

knickscity
02-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Woodson isn't a championship caliber coach. If Melo requests Woody to be his coach then he can pack his suitcases and go elsewhere as well.

Maybe Melo and Woodson like each other but these two together can't go far because their style of play/coaching isn't what wins championships.

We need to get coach who'll promote ball movement and defense (without the unnecessary switching) and surround Melo with players who are able to do that.

I don't know if Melo is good enough to win as a#1 option. I KNOW FOR SURE THAT WITH WOODSON HE ISN'T.
Say what will but all coaches are defined by the talent they have to coach.

Pop wasnt a championship quality coach until Duncan....Doc wasnt either til he was gifted KG and Ray.

Dont get me started on Spoelstra.

This team is a second round at best team...thats where they've been.

Woody got them as far as they were capable....it's easy to say "this guy isnt a ship coach".

None are til they win.

Clutch
02-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Say what will but all coaches are defined by the talent they have to coach.

Pop wasnt a championship quality coach until Duncan....Doc wasnt either til he was gifted KG and Ray.

Dont get me started on Spoelstra.

This team is a second round at best team...thats where they've been.

Woody got them as far as they were capable....it's easy to say "this guy isnt a ship coach".

None are til they win.
You have a point. But still,Woodson principles are wrong and he's too stubborn to change it even when he sees it doesn't work.

Popovich changed team's style of play to suit the players he has. That's what makes him so great. He can coach anyone.
People like Woodson or D'Antoni need to have players that perfectly fit their system in order to succeed. Popovich doesn't. He'll make the best out of what he has.

East is horrible this year and we can't even get into the playoffs. We're underachieving. Melo has never missed the playoffs in his career and if Woodson can't get him into the playoffs in this horrible conference then it's time to go.

Bobcats are in front of us and they have no players even near Melo's talent. Heck,they don't even have players that are talented as J.R. or Bargnani.

knickscity
02-16-2014, 03:06 PM
You have a point. But still,Woodson principles are wrong and he's too stubborn to change it even when he sees it doesn't work.

Popovich changed team's style of play to suit the players he has. That's what makes him so great. He can coach anyone.
People like Woodson or D'Antoni need to have players that perfectly fit their system in order to succeed. Popovich doesn't. He'll make the best out of what he has.

East is horrible this year and we can't even get into the playoffs. We're underachieving. Melo has never missed the playoffs in his career and if Woodson can't get him into the playoffs in this horrible conference then it's time to go.

Bobcats are in front of us and they have no players even near Melo's talent. Heck,they don't even have players that are talented as J.R. or Bargnani.
Pop only changed their style because his core got older....and they havent won since....and had the lakers got shaq and kobe on the same level the spurs wouldnt have won squat but the lockout ring.

I really dont care for either dude, but both have been successful as coaches.

The Suns were a suspension away against the Spurs team you're praising, amare and his no defense has always murked Tim Duncan and Nash was light years ahead of Tony Parker.

Point being and there's really no way to dispute it....talent wins, coaching merely takes it over the top.

Clutch
02-16-2014, 03:24 PM
Point being and there's really no way to dispute it....talent wins, coaching merely takes it over the top.
That's true but you need a coach that can maximize your talent. To be honest Knicks are talent-wise easily a top8 team in the poor East. So why are we out of the playoffs ?

Rameek
02-17-2014, 01:38 AM
That's true but you need a coach that can maximize your talent. To be honest Knicks are talent-wise easily a top8 team in the poor East. So why are we out of the playoffs ?
I'm not sure how talented this team is. I dont even know what Woody system is per se. I guess losing Copeland and Kenyon and Kidd's locker room presence really made a tremendous difference.

Clutch
02-17-2014, 08:37 AM
I'm not sure how talented this team is. I dont even know what Woody system is per se. I guess losing Copeland and Kenyon and Kidd's locker room presence really made a tremendous difference.
They are equally or even more talented than the last year's team that got to the 2nd round.

Who did we lose ?
Novak - no talent,just shooting
Copeland - replaced by Tim Hardaway who's even more talented
and a bunch of old guys - Kidd,Camby,Kurt,Sheed

Basically the only talented guy that left was replaced by more talent in Tim Hardaway Jr. and Andrea Bargnani.

If the old guys were the difference between Knicks being a 2nd round team and being a lottery team then it's obvious - COACH DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING.
Obviously the old guys were the coaches on the floor and in the locker room and Woodson got the credit for team's success. Now that they are gone,the leadership and coaching is gone and Woodson is exposed.

If you're saying that losing a bunch of old guys who weren't playing a lot is difference between being a 2nd round team and a lottery team then you're basically saying WOODSON SUCKS.

knickscity
02-17-2014, 08:22 PM
They are equally or even more talented than the last year's team that got to the 2nd round.

Who did we lose ?
Novak - no talent,just shooting
Copeland - replaced by Tim Hardaway who's even more talented
and a bunch of old guys - Kidd,Camby,Kurt,Sheed

Basically the only talented guy that left was replaced by more talent in Tim Hardaway Jr. and Andrea Bargnani.

If the old guys were the difference between Knicks being a 2nd round team and being a lottery team then it's obvious - COACH DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING.
Obviously the old guys were the coaches on the floor and in the locker room and Woodson got the credit for team's success. Now that they are gone,the leadership and coaching is gone and Woodson is exposed.

If you're saying that losing a bunch of old guys who weren't playing a lot is difference between being a 2nd round team and a lottery team then you're basically saying WOODSON SUCKS.
I truly believe you're underestimating the old guys.

Everyone from melo to Woody JR and others have stated they miss them.

They werent just old, they were smart...basketball-wise, and that helps get you through the regular season.

melo still does the Sheed "three to the dome"....kidd might have been the coach the whole season.

Now as far as the player you listed above...no one hits the three even remotely close to Novak, and I betcha melo especially misses that space Novak created by having a man draped on him on the three point line, something bargnani has not replaced at all

hardaway might have replaced Cope...maybe.

This team has paper talent..on the court it's much worse.

Rameek
02-18-2014, 02:02 AM

They werent just old, they were smart...basketball-wise, and that helps get you through the regular season.

melo still does the Sheed "three to the dome"....kidd might have been the coach the whole season.

Now as far as the player you listed above...no one hits the three even remotely close to Novak, and I betcha melo especially misses that space Novak created by having a man draped on him on the three point line, something bargnani has not replaced at all

Novak barely played the last 3 months of the season. Copeland got most of the time that's why I mentioned him.

Clutch I was going to post this before but shouldnt this be Melo's team? Shouldnt he hold others accountable on the floor and in the locker room. Sorry but you talked about everyone but Melo and that doesnt fly with me.

Copeland was better than Hardaway dont even see how you can compare the 2. Copeland should have been getting minutes way before Chandler went down. I know he messed up defensively sometimes but most of the Knicks messes up except Shump generally.

And yes you usually build a team and a star develops. Or you build a team and a add a star.

Clutch
02-18-2014, 04:30 AM
I'm not underestimating the old guys. I don't know their true impact on this team. But I know if they're the reason why this team went from 54-28 (.659) to 20-32 (.385) then that basically says "Woodson doesn't know how to coach so he needs veteran guys to do it for him".

Novak was absolutely amazing two seasons ago. Last year he was meh,especially at the end of the year. He shot 42.5% from three last season,in his last 22 games he shot 39.5%. That's good but it's nothing special for a guy who can only do one thing,shoot. For example,Melo this season shoots 41.6% for three and he takes a bunch of contested ones and he's not even primarily a 3-pt shooter.

Novak barely played the last 3 months of the season. Copeland got most of the time that's why I mentioned him.

Clutch I was going to post this before but shouldnt this be Melo's team? Shouldnt he hold others accountable on the floor and in the locker room. Sorry but you talked about everyone but Melo and that doesnt fly with me.

Copeland was better than Hardaway dont even see how you can compare the 2. Copeland should have been getting minutes way before Chandler went down. I know he messed up defensively sometimes but most of the Knicks messes up except Shump generally.

And yes you usually build a team and a star develops. Or you build a team and a add a star.

Melo's averaging 27/9/3 on 45% shooting,which isn't great but it's pretty solid for a wing who takes a lot of shots. Also he's been playing the best defense of his career.
He's never missed the playoffs in his career despite playing in the West which was like a million times tougher than the East is this year.
Melo isn't the reason why we're out of the playoffs. Sure,he isn't on LeBron's or Durant's level but he's good enough to get his teams into the playoffs constantly.

The reason I didn't mention Melo is that I was comparing talents. Melo is the same Melo from last season + even better defense and rebounding.
I only mentioned players who either left or are acquired this season. That's why I didn't mention some others like Amare,Tyson,Felton...because they were here last season and they're here now.
I was just comparing talents and talent-wise this team is definitely not worse than the last year's team. They're about the same.

knickscity
02-19-2014, 11:42 PM
What do ya know? Knicks won a game.

Melo got his efficient scoring on, and got some help from the backup guards.

Hope Shump is ok.

Clutch
02-20-2014, 10:18 AM
What do ya know? Knicks won a game.

Melo got his efficient scoring on, and got some help from the backup guards.

Hope Shump is ok.
Yeah,we won,but like I said earlier,this won't be enough to get us into the playoffs. We're 3.5 games out of the playoffs and the 8th seed Bobcats are currently playing much better than us and increasing the difference.

In order for us to get into the playoffs we need to go on a extended winning streak. So I'm looking at our schedule and I see only one opportunity for us to do so.

From March 7th to March 26th we play:
vs Utah
@ Cleveland
vs Philly
@ Boston
vs Milwaukee
vs Indiana
@ Philly
vs Cleveland
@ LA Lakers
@ Sacramento

If we don't go at least 7-3 or 8-2 on that stretch there's absolutely no way we get into the playoffs.

Personally I don't think we're going to make it but let's wait and see if the Knicks can shock us all and actually play well for an extended period of time.

el gringos
02-20-2014, 01:05 PM
How would hiring a guy like hollins even in the middle of the season not be better than wasting the season by letting Woodson keep going?

Actually how is bringing in Rasheed Wallace as head coach not better than Woodson?

knickscity
02-20-2014, 07:12 PM
How would hiring a guy like hollins even in the middle of the season not be better than wasting the season by letting Woodson keep going?

Actually how is bringing in Rasheed Wallace as head coach not better than Woodson?

The ship is going down, makes no sense trading captains at this point.

el gringos
02-20-2014, 08:35 PM
The ship is going down, makes no sense trading captains at this point.
I think they are so cocky that they think they'll still make the playoffs and that's enough for the fans. And it prob will/is

bluechox2
02-20-2014, 09:23 PM
this team is going nowhere

Clutch
03-04-2014, 02:22 AM
Knicks are now 21-40 and have lost 7 straight and 13 out of the last 15 games.

For you guys saying that we can't find a better coach than Woodson I'll ask you something: Can we find a worse coach ?
Because it's really hard to play any worse than the Knicks have played this season.

el gringos
03-04-2014, 02:32 PM
It took all the way until maybe even last nights loss to the pistons to realize that this team was not going to the playoffs. I kept seeing a 16-4 stretch right now but damn how can you count any game as a win?

Facts are that sure this roster isn't complete but it is a playoff team and letting Woodson keep going was quitting on the season.

You just can't get away w a dumb coach coaching a dumb team.

Rasheed Wallace would be a better coach for this team than Woodson

Rameek
03-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Geez your going to fire a coach with a bad team to bring in who?

No legit coach is going to take over a team in the middle of a season.

No legit coach is going to want to deal with the high turnover at the GM position.

No legit coach is going to want to deal with the high turnover with personnel.

No legit coach is going to want to deal with possibly losing their job after 1 or 2 seasons.

No legit coach is going to want to deal with Dolan's Basketball infrastructure.

No legit coach is going to want to come deal with this talent less roster.

knickscity
03-04-2014, 06:29 PM
Knicks are now 21-40 and have lost 7 straight and 13 out of the last 15 games.

For you guys saying that we can't find a better coach than Woodson I'll ask you something: Can we find a worse coach ?
Because it's really hard to play any worse than the Knicks have played this season.
look no further than the players themselves.

Say what you will but Woodson has won alot of regular season games coaching his way, and has gotten those teams to where they were at best predicted in the playoffs.

Only thing different is the players arent performing on offense and defense.

JR is terrible on both ends as is felton and Shump.

Tyson has regressed as has pablo.

And the brains and true leaders of the team are no longer here.

woody may not be as good as you want him to be...but this team is not of NBA caliber.

Clutch
03-04-2014, 07:18 PM
So just because you're not sure you'll get someone better you'd let Woodson get away with all of this ?

That's like your car got broken and you say "Oh,I don't want to buy a new one,maybe it'll break as well".

THERE'S NO EXCUSE NOT TO FIRE WOODSON.

knickscity
03-04-2014, 07:50 PM
So just because you're not sure you'll get someone better you'd let Woodson get away with all of this ?

That's like your car got broken and you say "Oh,I don't want to buy a new one,maybe it'll break as well".

I like your example and it relates perfectly.

The car is a piece of junk but a car cant drive itself.... but your blaming the driver for not being able to drive it safely and properly, when that drivers has been a decent one in every other car he's owned.

It's not the driver....it's the car.

Swap the car and if that driver cant drive that one, he needs to stop driving the car.

Woody is in the same boat as Doc Rivers was before the big three...team sucked fans wanted him gone.

Then better talent arrived and the rest was a title.

Upgrade the talent needs to happen regardless of the coach.

Rameek
03-05-2014, 12:50 AM

You can scream to the highest hills but it doesnt make sense. I explained on many levels why it wasnt going to happen and why it doesnt happen in the NBA. Only teams that do it are teams that tank or have decent or potential coach on the teams bench.

I like your example and it relates perfectly.

The car is a piece of junk but a car cant drive itself.... but your blaming the driver for not being able to drive it safely and properly, when that drivers has been a decent one in every other car he's owned.

It's not the driver....it's the car.

Swap the car and if that driver cant drive that one, he needs to stop driving the car.

Woody is in the same boat as Doc Rivers was before the big three...team sucked fans wanted him gone.

Then better talent arrived and the rest was a title.

Upgrade the talent needs to happen regardless of the coach.
He isnt a good coach but talent does make coaches look better.

Clutch
03-05-2014, 02:53 AM
I agree it's all about talent. You can be a great coach but you can't do much with a team that's not talented.

That's not the case here. Knicks aren't enough talented to win the championship,heck they aren't even enough talented to get to the ECF.
But they have enough talent to make the playoffs easily in the shitty East and Woodson has us waaaaay out of the playoffs.

Look at the Bulls. They are always depleted by injuries but they find a way to finish with a good record and be competitive in the playoffs.
Then look at the Bobcats and Hawks for example. No way they have more talent the Knicks but they're still way ahead of us.

Woodson doesn't have the talent to make this team special,I agree with that. But he definitely has a team that should make the playoffs.

el gringos
03-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Exactly- he has a team that should make the playoffs. Yeah it's not a championship contender talent wise. But I have to think wood sons lack of ability at minimum has cost this team 6-8 games.

If they'd have switched to any coach willing to attempt to coach this team is looking at a last 20 game schedule that would allow the team to fit into a 4-6 seed and be a favorite to win in round 1

Rameek
03-05-2014, 04:03 PM
the knicks does have any coach. He is the middle of the pack coach because he doesnt have a system.

I think most coaches would struggle with this roster of characters. But a coach and GM would develop their players.

Good coaches dont grow on trees.

knickscity
03-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Exactly- he has a team that should make the playoffs. Yeah it's not a championship contender talent wise. But I have to think wood sons lack of ability at minimum has cost this team 6-8 games.

If they'd have switched to any coach willing to attempt to coach this team is looking at a last 20 game schedule that would allow the team to fit into a 4-6 seed and be a favorite to win in round 1

How does a team that doesnt defend and has a backcourt that cant score be a playoff team?

Sorry man, this team is doo-doo, if anything should have happened it should have been blown up right around that 20 game mark.

knickscity
03-05-2014, 05:24 PM
I agree it's all about talent. You can be a great coach but you can't do much with a team that's not talented.

That's not the case here. Knicks aren't enough talented to win the championship,heck they aren't even enough talented to get to the ECF.
But they have enough talent to make the playoffs easily in the shitty East and Woodson has us waaaaay out of the playoffs.

Look at the Bulls. They are always depleted by injuries but they find a way to finish with a good record and be competitive in the playoffs.
Then look at the Bobcats and Hawks for example. No way they have more talent the Knicks but they're still way ahead of us.

Woodson doesn't have the talent to make this team special,I agree with that. But he definitely has a team that should make the playoffs.

Outside of Melo who on this team is as good as Noah? Nobody....and nobody on the Knicks play any form of defense....the Bulls are built on defense and hard work...two things this team has no one on it who cares about that.

It's almost mindboggling that the teams you mentioned all play defense.

The Hawks were good when they had Horford which is a better player than anyone on this team minus Melo.

Even when mentioning the Bobcats the certainly do have talent....I'd gladly take MKG,, Byiombo, and Al jefferson over almost everyone on the Knicks.

I said this before and it still stands true today....

The Knicks do not field the most talented team on any night and sometimes it's debatable if they field the best player because they make everyone look like all-stars.

Rameek
03-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Their is minimal talent on this team and not the highest IQ of players. This is when the coaching staff needs to put their stamp on the team.

It's not just a Woodson problem.

The biggest error is the team always tries to retool instead of rebuild. Under Walsh was the first time it seemed like the team was rebuilding but it was just to get under the cap to make a run at free agency.

Rameek
03-17-2014, 01:30 AM
Metta was eager to lead, but only led to buyout (http://nypost.com/2014/03/16/metta-was-eager-to-lead-but-only-led-to-buyout/)

[QUOTE]Metta World Peace said he was OK coach Mike Woodson denied him a spot in the rotation, but he wasn

knickscity
03-17-2014, 05:53 PM
Metta was eager to lead, but only led to buyout (http://nypost.com/2014/03/16/metta-was-eager-to-lead-but-only-led-to-buyout/)
I really have nothing to say, this article is hilarious.