PDA

View Full Version : NOW what is Miami's weakness?

jzek
08-02-2013, 09:11 PM
The only chance teams have against them is to use a big/tall lineup and pound the boards (see: Pacers). Now that they have Oden, Birdman, Bosh, and sometimes Haslem, how are teams going to beat them now?

I think their best chance is to dare LeBron to shoot and pray to God/Muhammed that he misses. They have no weakness as a team at this point.

:mad:

DaSeba5
08-02-2013, 09:13 PM
On paper, nothing if everyone is healthy. Big if though. Wade and Oden's health will be the biggest concerns.

Jameerthefear
We don't know how Oden is going to play or even if he is going to stay healthy. No one knows yet.

juju151111
The only chance teams have against them is to use a big/tall lineup and pound the boards (see: Pacers). Now that they have Oden, Birdman, Bosh, and sometimes Haslem, how are teams going to beat them now?

I think their best chance is to dare LeBron to shoot and pray to God/Muhammed that he misses. They have no weakness as a team at this point.

If Oren can stay healthy I agree. They can be a great all time great team like 96 bulls, 01 Lakers, 86 Lakers.

Rose'sACL
08-02-2013, 09:15 PM
their health is their big weakness. If one of wade or oden is 100% healthy during playoffs next season, Miami will win easily.

fpliii
08-02-2013, 09:16 PM
their health is their big weakness. If one of wade or oden is 100% healthy during playoffs next season, Miami will win easily.

This.

3LiftHeatCurse
08-02-2013, 09:17 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/932/907/patriley_original.gif?1372094907

jzek
08-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Unfair to the rest of the league - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbgepARu7-c

If Stern were still the Commish, he'd probably block this move. :mad:

leMVP
08-02-2013, 09:29 PM

2nd that.

Wade's health for me is the big x-factor, combination of healthy wade + peak lebron is gurranted ship at any time,

CHi1PriDe
08-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Nothing really, going to the heat is the best move for olden. All the ring chasers going to the heat and lebron gets all the praise and glory :facepalm

jzek
08-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Just a reminder, here's what Oden did in his last full NBA game (against Miami :lol ):

13 pts
20 rebounds
4 blocks

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/odengr01/gamelog/2010/

Yeah, how is this fair at all? :facepalm

KNOW1EDGE
08-02-2013, 09:32 PM
there weakness has been, and continues to be at the center position.

How tf are you going to act like signing Greg Oden solves their center problems?

Greg has proved he cant not play basketball. He played 82 games in 5 years for the Blazers. His knees can not handle it. How does Greg solve any problems?

He creates more. They could have gone out and signed an actual center, instead they got a guy with chico sticks for knees who will be sidelined and taking up a roster spot and cap space.

Plz, stop

Xiao Yao You
08-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Nothing really, going to the heat is the best move for olden. All the ring chasers going to the heat and lebron gets all the praise and glory :facepalm

Phoenix would have been the smart play. Only place that Grant Hill got right. Guess he gets a ring rather he's healthy or not.

JBrizzy
08-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Oden is injury prone.

Rasheed1
08-02-2013, 09:38 PM
This move boosts them quite a bit if he can be a factor and play throughout the season...

as people should know by now though, you have to wait until the games are played.. Dont talk about Bulls 96 or Lakers 00 or any of that stuff yet.. lets see how the Heat look and how they mesh first before people start crowning their asses

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/262144/dennis_green_feature_medium.jpg

316MIA
08-02-2013, 09:38 PM
On paper, nothing if everyone is healthy. Big if though. Wade and Oden's health will be the biggest concerns.
Couldn't have said it better myself..As a Heat fan I wouldn't jump around in excitement yet..Remember the Erick Dampier experiment? Greg Oden has yet to play a NBA game and on top of that he's more injury prone than Wade. If Oden stays healthy and along with Wade then we're 3 peating next year..

RRR3
08-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Greg Oden signs with Heat=Reincarnation of Prime Shaq.

ISH Logic FTW.

DaSeba5
08-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Greg Oden signs with Heat=Reincarnation of Prime Shaq.

ISH Logic FTW.

Hardly. If he contributes just a little bit at times, it's already an upgrade over Howard. There's no risk involved. It's a good move.

KNOW1EDGE
08-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Hardly. If he contributes just a little bit at times, it's already an upgrade over Howard. There's no risk involved. It's a good move.

the risk is wasting millions of dollars, and cap space, and a roster spot on a guy who cant play basketball because his knees are made of chico sticks.

RRR3
08-02-2013, 09:49 PM
I didn't say it was a bad deal, but you have a bunch of morons going ":cry: :cry: The heat are too stacked they have too many superstarz!!1!!! LeBrick sucks GAWDBE>>>> DERRR :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: " and I'm seriously sick of the people on here who are obviously legitimately mentally retarded.

3LiftHeatCurse
08-02-2013, 09:50 PM
the risk is wasting millions of dollars, and cap space, and a roster spot on a guy who cant play basketball because his knees are made of chico sticks.

Uh, Riley got Oden to sign for the vet min.

There's no risk here.

3LiftHeatCurse
08-02-2013, 09:51 PM
I didn't say it was a bad deal, but you have a bunch of morons going ":cry: :cry: The heat are too stacked they have too many superstarz!!1!!! LeBrick sucks GAWDBE>>>> DERRR :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: " and I'm seriously sick of the people on here who are obviously legitimately mentally retarded.
:roll:

http://alyoom.net/wp-content/uploads/1111.jpg

DaSeba5
08-02-2013, 09:52 PM

Oh well yah it's ridiculous. It seems to be Laker fans saying this too.

livinglegend
08-02-2013, 09:52 PM

He signed for the vet min, so no cap space wasted and he is probably taking Juwan Howard s spot.

DaSeba5
08-02-2013, 09:54 PM

They replace Juwan Howard with a #1 overall pick looking to make a comeback for the vet min. How is this a risk?

KNOW1EDGE
08-02-2013, 09:54 PM
He signed for the vet min, so no cap space wasted and he is probably taking Juwan Howard s spot.

so he isn't taking a roster spot?

and they aren't spending money on him?

and he couldn't possibly get hurt?

KNOW1EDGE
08-02-2013, 09:56 PM
They replace Juwan Howard with a #1 overall pick looking to make a comeback for the vet min. How is this a risk?

he played 82 games in 5 years. I don't care what number pick he was.

It has nothing to do with Juwan Howard, or whos roster spot he is taking.

He is costing the Heat money, he is taking a roster spot, he is likely to get hurt.

How is that not a risk?

I understand its not your money, and not your team, your not the one who is taking the risk. But it is indeed, a risk.

jzek
08-02-2013, 09:58 PM
so he isn't taking a roster spot?

and they aren't spending money on him?

and he couldn't possibly get hurt?

He's basically replacing Juwan Howard! Who would you rather have - Juwan Howard or Greg Oden

Absolutely no-brainer there and I dont' understand why you're not getting this? :confusedshrug:

tazb
08-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Easily the head coach. That doesn't really matter with LeBron on the team though.

DuMa
08-02-2013, 10:00 PM
weakness is lots of south beach snatch, and not enough time. :(

VIP2000
08-02-2013, 10:00 PM
he played 82 games in 5 years. I don't care what number pick he was.

It has nothing to do with Juwan Howard, or whos roster spot he is taking.

He is costing the Heat money, he is taking a roster spot, he is likely to get hurt.

How is that not a risk?

I understand its not your money, and not your team, your not the one who is taking the risk. But it is indeed, a risk.

You keep using the word 'risk'. But what about the word 'reward'?

KNOW1EDGE
08-02-2013, 10:04 PM
He's basically replacing Juwan Howard! Who would you rather have - Juwan Howard or Greg Oden

Absolutely no-brainer there and I dont' understand why you're not getting this? :confusedshrug:

It has nothing to do with Juwan Howard.

The Heat could have gone out and signed a player who can actually play basketball. Instead they signed a guy who has proven he cant actually play basketball.

I don't understand why you're not getting this? :confusedshrug:

jzek
08-02-2013, 10:06 PM
You keep using the word 'risk'. But what about the word 'reward'?

Risk = Oden could be injured by the 3rd game (so what? Miami won back to back w/o him [and was in the Finals for 3 straight years] so no big loss)

Reward = Oden could still be serviceable and Miami would go on to win the next 8 titles

Conclusion = Oden is a super easy choice to replace Juwan Howard on the roster and salary cap...

jzek
08-02-2013, 10:07 PM
It has nothing to do with Juwan Howard.

The Heat could have gone out and signed a player who can actually play basketball. Instead they signed a guy who has proven he cant actually play basketball.

They need a big man. Everyone knows this. Did you not watch the Pacers series? Nets got taller and bigger too upfront. Who in this list of available centers would you pick over Oden?:

http://i.imgur.com/kQyn8P3.png

This is small risk/big reward for Miami!

Greg Oden 50
08-02-2013, 10:10 PM
can't wait this happen again

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1006331_500254423386304_1069347440_n.jpg

KNOW1EDGE
08-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Risk = Oden could be injured by the 3rd game (so what? Miami won back to back w/o him [and was in the Finals for 3 straight years] so no big loss)

Reward = Oden could still be serviceable and Miami would go on to win the next 8 titles

Conclusion = Oden is a super easy choice to replace Juwan Howard on the roster and salary cap...

An easier pick to replace Howard would be Dalambert. A guy who has proven he can play basketball, and is good at it. Or any other center who can stay on the court for that matter.

Instead the Heat decided to take a risk on G.O. More power to them.

Its a risk, that could turn out to be a good one in the end. G.O could stay healthy, get his career on track, and be one of the top centers in the league.

Im not saying its a huge risk not worth taking. Im saying it is a risk.

As a Blazer fan, after all Gregs bullsh1t, I still would have liked the Blazers to take a risk on him and sign him AGAIN. Good luck to Greg and the Heat

jzek
08-02-2013, 10:11 PM
can't wait this happen again

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1006331_500254423386304_1069347440_n.jpg

If that happens, so what?

Miami was in the Finals 3 years in a row without him.
Miami won the last two titles without him.
They basically got him for free.

So what's the big deal? Read up. I posted the list of available centers in the NBA. Who would you rather get than Oden?

jzek
08-02-2013, 10:12 PM
An easier pick to replace Howard would be Dalambert.

Dalembert is with the Mavs :facepalm

Again, I ask you - who in the list I posted above would y ou pick over Oden?

KNOW1EDGE
This is small risk/big reward for Miami!

So now you are admitting it IS a risk?

:applause:

KNOW1EDGE
Dalembert is with the Mavs :facepalm

now he is :facepalm

jzek
08-02-2013, 10:14 PM

yes, a small risk/big reward.

Read up - I already posted this - http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8859411&postcount=34

:facepalm

jzek
08-02-2013, 10:15 PM
now he is :facepalm

Yes, you are suggesting Miami to sign a player that has already signed with another team (Dalembert to the Mavs). How would you suggest they do taht? :facepalm

For the THIRD time, I ask you - who in the list of available centers I posted above would you pick over Oden? I'm still waiting who you think is a better choice.

Greg Oden 50
08-02-2013, 10:19 PM
If that happens, so what?

Miami was in the Finals 3 years in a row without him.
Miami won the last two titles without him.
They basically got him for free.

So what's the big deal? Read up. I posted the list of available centers in the NBA. Who would you rather get than Oden?

odEN SUCKS

KNOW1EDGE
08-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Yes, you are suggesting Miami to sign a player that has already signed with another team (Dalembert to the Mavs). How would you suggest they do taht? :facepalm

For the THIRD time, I ask you - who in the list of available centers I posted above would you pick over Oden? I'm still waiting who you think is a better choice.

lol :applause:

they could have very easily signed Dalambert before the Mavs did. Same with Blair. :hammerhead:

And if you so desperately want me to answer your question...

If I needed a center to play basketball for my team, I would have picked every one of those centers over Greg Oden. :cheers:

jzek
08-02-2013, 10:30 PM
they could have very easily signed Dalambert before the Mavs did. Same with Blair. :hammerhead:

/sigh

a) Dalembert and Blair didn't want to go to Miami
b) Miami couldn't afford either of them

Read up on reports please. First, you suggested the Heat sign Dalembert without knowing he has already signed with another team (MAJOR facepalm there on your part :oldlol: ) and secondly, you're not familiar with the reasons why neither of these players is signable for the Heat.

KNOW1EDGE
08-02-2013, 10:35 PM
/sigh

a) Dalembert and Blair didn't want to go to Miami
b) Miami couldn't afford either of them

Read up on reports please. First, you suggested the Heat sign Dalembert without knowing he has already signed with another team (MAJOR facepalm there on your part :oldlol: ) and secondly, you're not familiar with the reasons why either of these players is not signable for the Heat.

who said I didn't know Dalambert had already signed with the Mavs? And the heat could certainly have affored to atleast offer a contract to blair or dalambert. or any other FA center.

I said the heat should have signed him. Instead they signed Greg Oden. No harm no foul.

How do you know those players are "not signable" for the Heat?

Enough is enough. I dont care to go back and forth with a bandwagon Heat fan about a player he obviously isn't familiar with. Good luck to the Heat and Greg Oden. I hope G.O cant stay healthy.

jzek
08-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Enough is enough.

Good! Because you're making a fool of yourself by suggesting the Heat should have signed Dalembert instead without realizing the Mavs have already acquired him on July 18th! :oldlol:

jzek
08-02-2013, 10:39 PM
or any other FA center.

Like who?

http://i.imgur.com/kQyn8P3.png

KNOW1EDGE
08-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Good! Because you're making a fool of yourself by suggesting the Heat should have signed Dalembert instead without realizing the Mavs have already acquired him on July 18th! :oldlol:

LOL

You aren't very smart are you?

I suggest you work on your reading comprehension.

You are making yourself look like a fool by saying signing Greg Oden is not risk.

Then reversing and saying it is a risk.

Also saying they got him for "basically free" as if a few million dollars is basically free :facepalm :bowdown:
God bless you child

jzek
08-02-2013, 10:43 PM
You are making yourself look like a fool by saying signing Greg Oden is not risk.

I already said he was a small risk/big reward about an HOUR ago! http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8859411&postcount=34

It is you who needs reading comprehension! :oldlol:

TheMan
08-02-2013, 10:53 PM
lol, Greg Oden is a busted up player. He just can't stay healthy, he's like a bigger version of recent DWade:oldlol:

ripthekik
08-02-2013, 11:08 PM
same old. Lebron's jumpshot and lebron in the clutch.

All Net
08-02-2013, 11:11 PM
Health

Bandito
08-02-2013, 11:50 PM
If everyone is healthy, nothing. Now if the Heat lost I don't want to hear Lebron stans whining that he didn't have no help like every year since 2010.

ripthekik
08-02-2013, 11:52 PM
If everyone is healthy, nothing. Now if the Heat lost I don't want to hear Lebron stans whining that he didn't have no help like every year since 2010.
even in this last playoffs, when the heat were down, you have guys like tony crying that lebron still doesn't have enough help :lol :lol

Vragrant
08-03-2013, 12:32 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/932/907/patriley_original.gif?1372094907

:oldlol:
Damn Riles got moves

Derka
08-03-2013, 12:57 AM
Let's not jerk Oden off just yet. He's mostly unproven...hasn't shown more than flashes thanks to his historic lack of durability. More than likely not going to be the Greg Oden that got drafted first overall in 2007.

IF this works out for Miami...and that's a huge If...

IF he can be something approaching that player he was coming out of college...Miami benefits enormously. If he doesn't...very little is lost on their part, as they've proven they can win without Greg Oden.

jrong
08-03-2013, 01:49 AM
The lack of courage to compete on a level playing field.

bmulls
08-03-2013, 01:57 AM
The lack of courage to compete on a level playing field.

Are the Heat playing by different salary cap rules than everybody else? Jesus christ the people who are still hating on the Heat are starting to get pathetic :lol

jrong
08-03-2013, 02:17 AM
Are the Heat playing by different salary cap rules than everybody else? Jesus christ the people who are still hating on the Heat are starting to get pathetic :lol

Well, actually the Heat did build the foundation of their team by playing by different rules. No other team had an in-house superstar pose as a legitimately available free agent to facilitate an act of collusion that resulted in them having three top 15 players.

Wade was my player, and the Heat were sort of my team, but now I kind of hate both.

Are you impressed if you see the best players in the park team up to consistently dominate weaker competition? I don't know what the **** is wrong with people who don't get that once it reaches a certain threshold, competitive imbalance renders victory meaningless.

thabisyo
08-03-2013, 02:35 AM
Well, actually the Heat did build the foundation of their team by playing by different rules. No other team had an in-house superstar pose as a legitimately available free agent to facilitate an act of collusion that resulted in them having three top 15 players.

Wade was my player, and the Heat were sort of my team, but now I kind of hate both.

Are you impressed if you see the best players in the park team up to consistently dominate weaker competition? I don't know what the **** is wrong with people who don't get that once it reaches a certain threshold, competitive imbalance renders victory meaningless.

:cry:

jrong
08-03-2013, 02:42 AM

Thank you for demonstrating that you are intellectually unworthy to be in the same discussion, thread, forum, internet, and world as me.

No, you stay. I'll go.

thabisyo
08-03-2013, 02:44 AM
Thank you for demonstrating that you are intellectually unworthy to be in the same discussion, thread, forum, internet, and world as me.

No, you stay. I'll go.

RedBlackAttack
08-03-2013, 02:58 AM

No, you stay. I'll go.
Wow.

I could tell during last season you were beginning to sour on your former team, but now I see you've had enough. You have an open invitation to join ISH's Cavs' fam.

Jrong has been an ardent Heat/Wade fan since he joined the site in '07.

thabisyo
08-03-2013, 03:09 AM
Wow.

I could tell during last season you were beginning to sour on your former team, but now I see you've had enough. You have an open invitation to join ISH's Cavs' fam.

He is being a whiny bitch that can not handle other people's opinions :hammerhead:

Doranku
08-03-2013, 03:10 AM

:applause: A true fan of the game of basketball and of the NBA. Kudos to you, sir.

kamil
08-03-2013, 03:17 AM

They still lack fans.

themurph
08-03-2013, 10:41 AM

Chill....

Oden has had issues just getting on the court....I hope dude is healthy (even as a Bulls fan...He's been through a lot in terms of injuries)...

But to say they have no weakness just because they signed a player that has only been on the court 82 times...Nah...U def. have to wait and see....

BankShot
08-03-2013, 10:45 AM
They could have gone out and signed an actual center, instead they got a guy with chico sticks for knees who will be sidelined and taking up a roster spot and cap space.

You clearly know nothing about the specifics of the NBA salary cap.

Coming into the offseason, the Heat were over the cap and over the luxury tax threshold, and they used their mini-MLE to resign Birdman.

Their only options for adding to the roster are minimum-salary players, which is to what they signed Greg Oden.

Its a classic low-risk high-reward signing, and if it doesn't work out they can cut him mid-season with very little financial consequence, and continue to seek veterans that have been bought out to add for a playoff run.

pauk
08-03-2013, 10:52 AM
1. CENTER/rebounding/inside presence on both sides.. still... Greg Oden will probably sitout more games with injury... and if he plays sometimes it will be for a short time and with questionable performance...

2. Wade is not getting any less injury proned or younger/better.

3. Still not sure about Spoelstra...

At the end of the day as long as Lebron performs up to his standards none of their weaknesses will matter....

HiphopRelated
08-03-2013, 10:55 AM

just asinine

Bandito
08-03-2013, 10:57 AM
1. CENTER/rebounding/inside presence on both sides.. still... Greg Oden will probably sitout more games with injury... and if he plays sometimes it will be for a short time and with questionable performance...

2. Wade is not getting any less injury proned or younger/better.

3. Still not sure about Spoelstra...

At the end of the day as long as Lebron performs up to his standards none of their weaknesses will matter....[
That surely happen in the finals in game 6 when Bosh grabbed Lebron clank and decided to pass it to Ray because he knew Lebron couldn't make that shot and got saved byt he GOAT 3 point shooter.

PJR
08-03-2013, 11:14 AM
just asinine

Very asinine. Jrong was never a Heat fan by the way. He's just a vicariously living dick rider of Dwyane Wade. He's still irate that Wade wanted to play with LeBron, and reach the mountain top as many times possible as opposed to taking the career path he wanted for Wade(put up higher volume stats, gun for MVP awards). :oldlol:

I'm glad you have renounced your fandom of Wade, he didn't need fans like you anyhow. :applause:

chosen_one6
08-03-2013, 11:21 AM
I don't know what the **** is wrong with people who don't get that once it reaches a certain threshold, competitive imbalance renders victory meaningless.

Nope. Just because your opinion changes on it based on other factors does not change the fact that a win is a win.

K Xerxes
08-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Very asinine. Jrong was never a Heat fan by the way. He's just a vicariously living dick rider of Dwyane Wade. He's still irate that Wade wanted to play with LeBron, and reach the mountain top as many times possible as opposed to taking the career path he wanted for Wade(put up higher volume stats, gun for MVP awards). :oldlol:

I'm glad you have renounced your fandom of Wade, he didn't need fans like you anyhow. :applause:

He must be mad that Wade put up 15ppg as a sidekick and still won a championship.

pmj
08-03-2013, 12:24 PM

Can you clarify your argument?

Is it that you think they colluded, or is it that you think they are just so much more talented than he other teams?

If its that you think they colluded... I mean that's debatable as it usually means doing something illegal or against the rules, and players are always allowed to talk to each other.

If its that you think they are so much more talented... I'd argue that too. Especially bc Haslem and Millers production dropped off a cliff since day 1. If they had gotten decent help since the beginning, you may be right. Reality is trash like Chalmers and Joel look decent playing with Lebron and Wade but they probably wouldn't play on nearly any other team. Slightly better players like Haslem, Cole, Miller and even Battier are still well below average too, and the stats like per bear it out.

And compared to the talent of say the 08 Celtics, 10 Lakers, and countless other champ teams, they haven't been especially talented. Hell, look at where OKC was, their top 4 was better than Miamis the year they met.

So it's ok if the best players in the park get put on a team and run everyone off the court, as long as they don't pick to be on the same team themselves? Depending on Odens health, I can easily see the Nets and Pacers as having equal talent this year, and its been like that every year with some teams. I don't get the they're so stacked argument.

KOBE143
08-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Their weakness is still LeBron.. It didnt change at all.. Just hope he would not goes back to his 2011 choke mode and that team is totally fine..

madmax17
08-03-2013, 01:20 PM
He's gonna last less than Brandon Roy.

EnoughSaid
08-03-2013, 01:25 PM
In before Oden comes in, puts up 11/10 and Miami three peat. :oldlol: No but if Wade is healthy, it doesn't matter if Oden is too. A healthy Wade = championship all day everyday.

Baby Arm Johnso
08-03-2013, 02:06 PM
the signing of Oden is a low risk gamble . . . 1 million a year is toilet paper to Riley.

Given Oden's history of injuries it is a long-shot that he contributes much of value to the Heat

imdaman99
08-03-2013, 02:25 PM
miamis only weakness is stans like you that are ready to jump off bandwagons at the sign of trouble. i remember you, i know tyler00's is documented, im sure tazb was ready to become a spurs fan in the closing moments of game 6.

roffie
08-03-2013, 02:25 PM
so heat signs greg oden and thinks his impact is like a dwight howard lol okay op

SamuraiSWISH
08-03-2013, 02:32 PM

This man understands true competitive nature. At least there is a few of us left. The analogy to the best dudes at the park all teaming up is absolutely spot on ...

JimmyMcAdocious
08-03-2013, 03:07 PM
They have none. Their worst starter now is probably Chris Bosh. A PERENNIAL ALLSTAR IS THEIR WORST STARTER. :bowdown:

ispin69
08-03-2013, 03:23 PM
This man understands true competitive nature. At least there is a few of us left. The analogy to the best dudes at the park all teaming up is absolutely spot on ...

You guys do understand that Lebron and Bosh were both free agents right? You know where they get to choose which ever team they please.

B-b-but it's collusion! :rolleyes:

longtime lurker
08-03-2013, 03:33 PM

I thought you were a Heat fan?

Hoopz2332
08-03-2013, 03:58 PM
I thought you were a Heat fan?

he's a salty Wade fan that's mad that lebron has taken Wade's "shine" and is now the "man" and the leader.:coleman:

HoopsFanNumero1
08-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Damn, this jrong dude takes dickriding to a whole another level. I actually read a comment from him a while back that he hopes the Heat lose in 2014 so Wade can be the man again. And this guy acts like he's superior to other fans.

Nash
08-03-2013, 04:31 PM
It's all about Wade. Miami has won 2 championships with Wade having major knee issues and playing on half a knee. Now imagine if Wade could be healthy just like he was during the 27 win streak.

Oden is not something to count on. As far as I see it Miami still has the same issues against big men, I'm not counting Oden in.

SamuraiSWISH
08-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Anyway @ OP:

Head Coach
Health

Jacks3
08-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Loss of Miller and addition of Oden will hurt Miami's biggest team strength...their GOAT level shooting and spacing. Meh.

Legends66NBA7
08-03-2013, 05:27 PM
A healthy Wade = championship all day everyday.

Ugh, no. A healthy LeBron James is the best chance for a title.

Hoopz2332
08-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Damn, this jrong dude takes dickriding to a whole another level. I actually read a comment from him a while back that he hopes the Heat lose in 2014 so Wade can be the man again. And this guy acts like he's superior to other fans.

Exactly...just google his history on this website about the Wade and lebron dynamic. He's a salty Wade stan:cry:

Undisputed
08-03-2013, 05:32 PM
When I heard Oden joined Miami, the only thought was that they now will have a huge, sad looking man sitting on their bench all season.

Some people are still are optimistic Greg Glass can stay healthy....that's shocking to me.

Solefade
08-03-2013, 05:44 PM

Someone please ban this retard lol. SMH

kaiteng
08-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Ugh, no. A healthy LeBron James is the best chance for a title.
But the thing is that LeBron rarely injures. But yeah, Heat is on LeBron's back nowadays.

sdot_thadon
08-03-2013, 07:53 PM
I'd say success. They've won the chip two years in a row now and were seemingly coasting for a chunk of the season. Perhaps they've gotten too accustomed to "flipping the switch" while their opposition(east) has all gotten stronger for the upcoming season. They will need better focus to finish the job this year. As for Greg, if he gives them the best case scenario? Birdman type minutes and production in a bigger package? Look out league. But what I do expect is he will be brought along very slowly, dictated by his condition and if he can play he will. Him being a rebounding and defensive presence should be sufficient. And he'd be used in situations that require it, otherwise I think we'll see the rotations we are familiar with.