PDA

View Full Version : How will Kevin Durant feel if Greg Oden wins a ring before him?

3LiftHeatCurse
08-02-2013, 10:48 PM
That's gotta suck, eh?

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/656980/thumbs/s-KEVIN-DURANT-large.jpg

I didn't even mention how Blazer fans will feel. If Oden makes a comeback, helps Miami to a ring, and has an NBA career..... how salty will Blazer fans be? It's happened before. Kurt Thomas had broken feet for his first 3 seasons, etc....

Fudge
08-02-2013, 10:52 PM
But Kevin Durant>Greg Oden, why would he be mad tho?

KNOW1EDGE
08-02-2013, 10:53 PM
He will feel good.

Because KD is actually good at basketball. A bonafide superstar, who has knees made of bone instead of chico sticks.

KD has played more than 82 games in 5 years.

I really don't think KD would care or even think about it.

KD has his own team, Greg was out of the league, and joined the reigning champs, even without Greg they have the same chance of winning it all next year.

can we please delete this thread?

RRR3
This is like asking after the 2003-04 season, "How does LeBron feel that Darko won a ring before him?"

chazzy
Make more great threads

ripthekik
08-02-2013, 10:54 PM
This is like asking after the 2003-04 season, "How does LeBron feel that Darko won a ring before him?"
legit question.

3LiftHeatCurse
why would he be mad tho?

http://ballertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Miami_Heat_Championship_Ring_Jostens.jpg

BasedTom
We saw the joke in every other thread, OP.

But if Oden wins a championship with the Heat I don't think there will be much resentment toward him. He's a bust looking to make a comeback. If he succeeds, then it's a good ending to a previously sad story.

KD wouldn't lose any sleep over it. He's still filthy rich and a superstar.

ispin69
08-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Birdman wins a ring before Durant, so what.
Oh we talking 2007 nba draft? Big deal. Glen Davis won one.

RRR3
08-02-2013, 10:56 PM
legit question.
^Legit retard

3LiftHeatCurse
08-02-2013, 10:56 PM

If Greg Oden makes a legit comeback and wins a ring, and goes on to have an NBA career, then that question makes no sense.

Oden can still have a great career if he can get past this injury issue. Other players have done it, guys who were injury prone for their first 3-5 years and then were able to be legit NBA players.

If Oden can do it.... your question makes no sense. Oden, if healthy, if a top 2 Center in the L. Darko was always a bench scrub.

RRR3
08-02-2013, 10:59 PM
If Greg Oden makes a legit comeback and wins a ring, and goes on to have an NBA career, then that question makes no sense.

Oden can still have a great career if he can get past this injury issue. Other players have done it, guys who were injury prone for their first 3-5 years and then were able to be legit NBA players.

If Oden can do it.... your question makes no sense. Oden, if healthy, if a top 2 Center in the L. Darko was always a bench scrub.
Based on what? There's no way he's better than Healthy D12 and Healthy Bynum. Hell, there's no way he's better than injured D12. He's not better thana bunch of other centers either most likely. I doubt he;'ll do much more than Eddy Curry did.

BasedTom
08-02-2013, 11:01 PM
I doubt he;'ll do much more than Eddy Curry did.
Okay, let's not get carried away now... I don't even remember Curry once coming off the bench for the Heat.

Oden just needs to not be Hibbert's bitch in the WCF. Play defense, get rebounds, etc. The Heat aren't asking him to make the All-Star team and outdo Dwight Howard.

RRR3
08-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Okay, let's not get carried away now... I don't even remember Curry once coming off the bench for the Heat.

Oden just needs to not be Hibbert's bitch in the WCF. Play defense, get rebounds, etc. The Heat aren't asking him to make the All-Star team and outdo Dwight Howard.
Which is probably what you'll be saying about Oden in the future.

3LiftHeatCurse
08-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Which is probably what you'll be saying about Oden in the future.

Or he could just as equally be brought along slowly in the reg season, make an impact in the playoffs, win a championship, and go on to have a real NBA career, finally having put his injury issues behind him.

RRR3
08-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Or he could just as equally be brought along slowly in the reg season, make an impact in the playoffs, win a championship, and go on to have a real NBA career, finally having put his injury issues behind him.
Literally the exact same thing was said about Curry, except change "injury issues" to "weight issues".

KG215
08-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Probably will be pissed off. I mean if only Durant had taken the "suffer a few serious injuries, don't play an NBA game for 3 years because of injuries, comeback and latch on with the best team in the league" route...probably with the aid of hindsight he'd admit he'd rather do it Oden's way instead of his own way.

Fudge
08-02-2013, 11:27 PM

:roll:

DaSeba5
08-02-2013, 11:28 PM
This is a stupid thread.

roffie
08-03-2013, 01:14 AM
worst fkn thread ban this guy

LongLiveTheKing
08-03-2013, 01:17 AM
KD would still be second.

inclinerator
08-03-2013, 01:49 AM
still coming in second

deja vu
08-03-2013, 03:12 AM
Nothing. Oden's a bust.

SpurrDurr
08-03-2013, 03:22 AM
How Portland felt after they drafted Oden instead of Durant?

Le Shaqtus
08-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Aren't his knee injuries a chronic thing? He's going to get injured again anyway.

MavsSuperFan
08-03-2013, 11:37 AM
He will feel the same way Barkley and Malone feel about someone like steve kerr and horry winning a ship.

b1imtf
08-03-2013, 12:03 PM
He will feel good.

Because KD is actually good at basketball. A bonafide superstar, who has knees made of bone instead of chico sticks.

KD has played more than 82 games in 5 years.

I really don't think KD would care or even think about it.

KD has his own team, Greg was out of the league, and joined the reigning champs, even without Greg they have the same chance of winning it all next year.

can we please delete this thread?
Why are you so salty about this signing?

KOBE143
08-03-2013, 12:23 PM
If Greg Odens wins, his ring has a ringchase value like LeBron rings.. Durant shouldn't feel anything about it.. All he need to do is win a legit championship with GOATBrook help and his ring would have more value than all LeBron ringchase ring combined..

VIntageNOvel
08-03-2013, 12:28 PM
If Greg Odens wins, his ring has a ringchase value like LeBron rings.. Durant shouldn't feel anything about it.. All he need to do is win a legit championship with GOATBrook help and his ring would have more value than all LeBron ringchase ring combined..

:applause: :applause:
what a great speech

Euroleague
08-03-2013, 07:23 PM
http://www.menudobol.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Greg-Oden-Mr-Glass.jpg

CanYouDigIt
08-11-2013, 11:27 AM
KD would still be second.
:roll:

Lord Leoshes
08-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Aren't his knee injuries a chronic thing? He's going to get injured again anyway.

If I am not mistaken, Zydrunas Ilgauskas went threw the same exact thing in the early part of his career, & even went on to make the allstar team.

Grant hill, K Thomas, & many more also had similar problem's, & still had above average NBA careers.

I<3NBA
08-11-2013, 12:21 PM
He will feel the same way Barkley and Malone feel about someone like steve kerr and horry winning a ship.
salty?

coz you know deep down, those 2 will forever be jealous of NBA players getting a ring, no matter how scrubby those players were.

you think Barkley or Malone won't exchange one year of being a scrub or role player just to win a ring?

The_Yearning
08-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Nothing. Oden's a bust.

Whose that in your avy?

SilkkTheShocker
08-11-2013, 12:42 PM
legit question.

One went to play for a team that won 17 games the year before. The other went to a team that went to the ECF. Yea, real legit question :oldlol:

Doranku
08-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Oden won't play more than 3 games next year. The man is absolutely done. How he managed to get a guaranteed contract is beyond me.

russwest0
06-16-2014, 10:37 AM
That's gotta suck, eh?

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/656980/thumbs/s-KEVIN-DURANT-large.jpg

I didn't even mention how Blazer fans will feel. If Oden makes a comeback, helps Miami to a ring, and has an NBA career..... how salty will Blazer fans be? It's happened before. Kurt Thomas had broken feet for his first 3 seasons, etc....

:applause: :applause: :applause: