PDA

View Full Version : Do people honestly think The Knicks are not contenders?

LosScandalous
08-04-2013, 02:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IrjAQbW.jpg

I'm not saying they'll win it all but really? I'd put them ahead of the Nets and Bulls for championship contention next season.

Felton/Prigioni
Shumpert/Smith/Hardaway Jr
Melo/MWP/Leslie
Amare/Kenyon
Chandler/Bargnani

Hell of a GM they have there in The Knicks front office. That is some deep talent for Woodson to coach and if this team fails next year, it's probably because of him.

KG215
08-04-2013, 02:50 PM
If (and this is a big if) the Bulls stay healthy and the Nets come together and develop good chemistry, I think the Knicks are pretty clearly the 5th best team in the East, and there's another 5 or 6 teams in the West than I think are pretty clearly better than them, too.

K Xerxes
08-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Christ. :facepalm

Knicks would have a successful season if they make the second round and push the Bulls to a 4-1 loss. They were glorified pretenders last year, and with the East becoming much stronger this year... you expect them to contend. :oldlol:

No balance in the team, full of chuckers and nutjobs, and led by a player who has the antithetical mindset of a winning leader.

HomieWeMajor
08-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Only thing Knick fans have to look forward to is Melo chucking up threes and doing that stupid finger to head sign when they drop.

I<3NBA
08-04-2013, 03:04 PM
yes.

WayOfWade
08-04-2013, 03:06 PM
People are just in a state where the Knicks have been so perennially bad for so long, that we just expect/accept that they're never going to amount to much.

Spaulding
08-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Only thing Knick fans have to look forward to is Melo chucking up threes and doing that stupid finger to head sign when they drop.

Lol

TylerOO
08-04-2013, 03:13 PM
:roll:

And the Knicks definitely are not contenders. Anyone who thinks so should be killed.

imdaman99
08-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Only team with a winning record against the heat last year 3-1 :confusedshrug:

oh the horror
08-04-2013, 03:15 PM

Why do people talk about regular season records as if its a clear cut indication that is how it'll play out in the playoffs?

Dr. Cheesesteak
08-04-2013, 03:15 PM
If (and this is a big if) the Bulls stay healthy and the Nets come together and develop good chemistry, I think the Knicks are pretty clearly the 5th best team in the East, and there's another 5 or 6 teams in the West than I think are pretty clearly better than them, too.
qft

I think the Knicks are pretty good, yeah. Talented enough to win a title, sure. But there are just too many other better teams, even just in the East.

I mean, Knicks will have to navigate through some combination of Miami, Indiana, Chicago, Brooklyn, and Cleveland just to play San Antonio, OKC, Houston, or LAC.

I think that's asking way too much from a team like the Knicks (immature, lots of ball hogs, etc).

TylerOO
08-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Why do people talk about regular season records as if its a clear cut indication that is how it'll play out in the playoffs?

Give him a break, it's the only thing Knick fans have.

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:17 PM
amen to that:applause:

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Knicks are contenders, and everybody iz scared deep down inside, especially lil bro net fans and lebron stans.

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:19 PM
dont hate.

Jameerthefear
1. Heat
2. Indy
3. Chicago/Brooklyn
4. Brooklyn/Chi
5. NYK (If Bynum plays I might give Cleveland the edge overNY)

ralph_i_el
It's just easy to bet against the Knicks.

1. Some of them are going to get hurt...they're old
2. You might get ball moving Melo and "Take it to the rim" JR...or you could get the shot jacking twins
3. Bargnani and Amare are both talented...but what jind of production/D are you going to get out of them this year?

plenty of talent...plenty of questions

plus the Nets and Bulls will undeniably get better. We'll have to see what the Pacers do with Granger.

SpurrDurr
08-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Knicks are regular season lions, but when POS arrive they turn into sheeps.

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:20 PM
qft

I think the Knicks are pretty good, yeah. Talented enough to win a title, sure. But there are just too many other better teams, even just in the East.

I mean, Knicks will have to navigate through some combination of Miami, Indiana, Chicago, Brooklyn, and Cleveland just to play San Antonio, OKC, Houston, or LAC.

I think that's asking way too much from a team like the Knicks (immature, lots of ball hogs, etc).
knicks had tha most injuries out of anybody in tha damn league and still became atlantic divison champs, winning over 50 with being number 2 in tha east.

imdaman99
08-04-2013, 03:22 PM
amen to that:applause:
2 years back Knicks sucked against the Celtics in regular season and got owned by them in the playoffs. Last year Knicks sucked against the heat in regular season and lost to them in playoffs. This past year they dominated the heat in regular season, I have no doubt in my mind they would have put up a good fight against them, and maybe even shocked the world :applause:

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:22 PM
1. Heat/knicks
2. knicks/heat
3. Chicago/indy
4. Indy/Chicago
5. Brooklyn

I agree.

HomieWeMajor
08-04-2013, 03:23 PM
MSG will cheer for a 20 contested JR Smith fadeaway when the Knicks are down 20.
Tyson Chnadler will pump his chest with pride after goaltending a shot.
Carmelo Anthony will jump into the crowd under the guise of saving the ball to steal some hotdogs from the fans.
Walt Frazier will get OWO from the cheerleaders.

Jameerthefear
08-04-2013, 03:23 PM
2 years back Knicks sucked against the Celtics in regular season and got owned by them in the playoffs. Last year Knicks sucked against the heat in regular season and lost to them in playoffs. This past year they dominated the heat in regular season, I have no doubt in my mind they would have put up a good fight against them, and maybe even shocked the world :applause:
Yeah. A 4-0 sweep would have been shocking and pitiful for the Knicks.

K Xerxes
08-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Knicks are contenders, and everybody iz scared deep down inside, especially lil bro net fans and lebron stans.

This is what's going to happen:

- Knicks do relatively well in the regular season
- You hype them up to Biblical proportions
- Lose in first/second round playoffs when they get exposed
- You disappear until the off season
- You come back and blame injuries/refs

Lather, rinse, repeat for 14/15.

It would be hilarious if the Heat 3 peat and LeBron has a more glistening 3 year resume than the Knicks have in their entire 67 year history.

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Yea you are 100 percent correct, thats why david stern got scared of lebron crying again and gave him tha overrated pacers instead:lol

Derka
08-04-2013, 03:25 PM
1. Heat
2. Indy
3. Chicago/Brooklyn
4. Brooklyn/Chi
5. NYK (If Bynum plays I might give Cleveland the edge overNY)

Looks about right, but I think Brooklyn could slide to that 5 spot if injuries become a problem for them, given their age. Knicks would take the 4 spot then.

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:26 PM
This is what's going to happen:

- Knicks do relatively well in the regular season
- You hype them up to Biblical proportions
- Lose in first/second round playoffs when they get exposed
- You disappear until the off season
- You come back and blame injuries/refs

Lather, rinse, repeat for 14/15.

It would be hilarious if the Heat 3 peat and LeBron has a more glistening 3 year resume than the Knicks have in their entire 67 year history.
All this shit talking and you are a jordan fan:facepalm

NumberSix
08-04-2013, 03:27 PM
They not.

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Looks about right, but I think Brooklyn could slide to that 5 spot if injuries become a problem for them, given their age. Knicks would take the 4 spot then.
knicks at number 4?:oldlol:

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:28 PM
They not.
somebody neg this clown.

Jameerthefear
Yeah. Even healthy I don't really know if the BKN are going to be anything special.

Derka

Oh wilds. I've learned better than to be baited by you. :cheers:

DuMa
every year theres only really like 3-4 legit contenders in the league. So yes the Knicks ARE NOT contenders.

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:30 PM
every year theres only really like 3-4 legit contenders in the league. So yes the Knicks ARE NOT contenders.
celtic fan:oldlol:

K Xerxes
All this shit talking and you are a jordan fan:facepalm

Damn, you know I was playing nice, but you wanna bring MJ into this? What he did to your team repeatedly should be classified as illegal.

Fresh Kid
Yeah. Even healthy I don't really know if the BKN are going to be anything special.
they wont be special:lol

Hittin_Shots
08-04-2013, 03:31 PM
knicks had tha most injuries out of anybody in tha damn league and still became atlantic divison champs, winning over 50 with being number 2 in tha east.

Do you have a link to where we can see they had the most injuries?

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Damn, you know I was playing nice, but you wanna bring MJ into this? What he did to your team repeatedly wasn't fair.
Im talking about how you guna kiss lebron's nuts when you are a jordan fan, answer that einstein?

Dr. Cheesesteak
08-04-2013, 03:33 PM

yeah, no doubt I think Knicks can contend for a 2 or 3 seed. I just don't think their team is constructed well enough to beat the Heat or Pacers or Bulls in a 7-game series. I think even Cleveland could give them trouble.

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Do you have a link to where we can see they had the most injuries?
we dont need no damn link, everybody and their mama knows knicks suffered most man. Tha whole damn team was injured basically.

Jameerthefear
08-04-2013, 03:34 PM
they wont be special:lol
Will probably still be better then the Knicks though :D

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:34 PM
yeah, no doubt I think Knicks can contend for a 2 or 3 seed. I just don't think their team is constructed well enough to beat the Heat or Pacers or Bulls in a 7-game series. I think even Cleveland could give them trouble.
:biggums: :wtf: :facepalm

Derka
08-04-2013, 03:35 PM

The pressure on BKN is going to be ridiculous. They pretty much gave up the future to win now, and KG and Paul's window to help them get there is ridiculously small.

K Xerxes
Im talking about how you guna kiss lebron's nuts when you are a jordan fan, answer that einstein?

I like how stating the obvious truth is kissing LeBron's nuts. What exactly is erroneous in my statement?

Fresh Kid
Will probably still be better then the Knicks though :D
yea right, nets couldnt beat nate robinson and dleague version bulls last year:roll:

Hittin_Shots
we dont need no damn link, everybody and their mama knows knicks suffered most man. Tha whole damn team was injured basically.

You sure do make a lot of baseless claims you can't seem to back up.

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:38 PM
I like how stating the obvious truth is kissing LeBron's nuts. What exactly is erroneous in my statement?
you was kissing up to Lebron, thats whats wrong, mj would be ashamed of you right now.

WayOfWade
08-04-2013, 03:39 PM
At the very least, is say the top two seeds from each conference are contenders, with a couple floater contenders here and there. If the Knicks can make it to the 2 seed this season, you'd definitely have to consider them a threat. However the Pacers, Bulls, & Nets are not going to make that easy.

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:40 PM
You sure do make a lot of baseless claims you can't seem to back up.
melo, shumpert, amare, prigioni, felton, chandler, kidd, thomas, camby, wallace, chandler were all injured last year at some point plus a bogus suspension with j.r smith in tha playoffs, cuz we could of swept that ass and you know it.

K Xerxes
08-04-2013, 03:41 PM
you was kissing up to Lebron, thats whats wrong, mj would be ashamed of you right now.

I think MJ is secure enough in his own legacy to not worry.

The reason I picked LeBron is because you hold a special dislike towards him. Picking Kobe wouldn't be any fun since you like him. Picking MJ would not be at all fair.

So what do you think about LeBron possibly achieving more in 3 years than the entire Knicks' history? Entertain me.

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:41 PM
At the very least, is say the top two seeds from each conference are contenders, with a couple floater contenders here and there. If the Knicks can make it to the 2 seed this season, you'd definitely have to consider them a threat. However the Pacers, Bulls, & Nets are not going to make that easy.
You said tha nets tho:oldlol:

Heavincent
08-04-2013, 03:42 PM
They'll be contending for an early playoff exit.

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:42 PM
I think MJ is secure enough in his own legacy to not worry.

The reason I picked LeBron is because you hold a special dislike towards him. Picking Kobe wouldn't be any fun since you like him. Picking MJ would not be at all fair.

So what do you think about LeBron possibly achieving more in 3 years than the entire Knicks' history? Entertain me.
I have this to say about it................Decision 2010.

Goldrush25
08-04-2013, 03:43 PM

That didn't help them too much this year. There are other teams in the East besides the Heat.

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:45 PM
That didn't help them too much this year. There are other teams in the East besides the Heat.
Yea tha refs.

K Xerxes
08-04-2013, 03:46 PM
I have this to say about it................Decision 2010.

Damn, didn't know you're still butthurt over him picking Miami over your shitty franchise. You were left with expired leftovers in the form of Carmelo Anthony. :oldlol:

Goldrush25
08-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Yea tha refs.

Well same refs will be there next year, so we'll be looking at another 1st or 2nd round exit for the Knicks.

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Damn, didn't know you're still butthurt over him picking Miami over your shitty franchise. You were left with expired leftovers in the form of Carmelo Anthony. :oldlol:
Anthony wouldnt let barea and terry steal a ring from him:oldlol:

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Well same refs will be there next year, so we'll be looking at another 1st or 2nd round exit for the Knicks.
again. Thats If knicks are unhealthy and injured.

Jameerthefear
08-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Are the Knicks even better then Cleveland with a healthy Bynum? :confusedshrug:

Hittin_Shots
08-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Anthony wouldnt let barea and terry steal a ring from him:oldlol:

Well people can't steal things off people that have no chance of getting the item.

Hittin_Shots
08-04-2013, 03:55 PM
What were the Knicks serious injuries last season?

other than stoudemires injury. They'd played better w/o him.. was it all the high 30's players that were injured? If those players being injured meant so much, why is kg/ pp's age make you say they're done when you try to dismiss nets?

Dr. Cheesesteak
08-04-2013, 03:58 PM
:biggums: :wtf: :facepalm
:coleman: :eek: :pimp:

but seriously. tell me how the Knicks match up against Heat, Pacers, Bulls, or even the Cavs?

When Heat or Bulls shut down the Knicks perimeter, who steps up for Knicks if Melo and JR cant score? How is Melo gonna stop Paul George or Bargns + Amare stop West + Scola? If Kyrie and Bynum play at All-Star level and the team improves on D w/ Mike Brown, will Shumpert and Tyson Chandler stop them every game?

SpurrDurr
08-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Nets will be way more dangerous than the knicks. I hope the Knicks and Nets will get 4 and 5th seed so we can see who's really the king of NY.

Hittin_Shots
08-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Nets will be way more dangerous than the knicks. I hope the Knicks and Nets will get 4 and 5th seed so we can see who's really the king of NY.

People don't seem to understand what kg did for the c's with him off the court watching was so painful at times. With all the weapons as well as him Brooklyn have I'm gonna be watching their games often.

bdreason
08-04-2013, 04:29 PM
I don't like their roster at all. JR Smith as your second scoring option is a complete liability, especially now that's he has guaranteed money. Melo is a great scorer, but that's about it. Nothing wrong with that, but he's not going to carry a team like LeBron can without scoring. Chandler is a solid defensive center, but also seems to be aging. Amare is a shell of his former self, and the fact that he comes off the bench and makes 20m per is laughable at best.

I'd probably rank them 5th in the East, after the Heat, Pacers, Nets, and Bulls... which will probably mean a first round exit.

Hittin_Shots
08-04-2013, 04:34 PM
I agree nets new team isnt proven, but it isn't proven bad yet either and the pieces are there that could result in a better team than Knicks. Its this fresh kid guy that seems to think nets have no chance of being better, but that's stupid and I guess fits him to a tee.

jimmy77x
08-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Nets and Pacers have become incredibly overrated on here. Especially the nets. They've done absolutely nothing but get bounced in the first round to a bulls C team yet people here are claiming their overrated AARP paper champion team are contenders. How many times do these old ass paper champion squads have to fail before people get the picture. Nets are nothing but a "if" team, if they're healthy, if Deron... if Lopez...etc.

Dr. Cheesesteak
08-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Nets and Pacers have become incredibly overrated on here. Especially the nets. They've done absolutely nothing but get bounced in the first round to a bulls C team yet people here are claiming their overrated AARP paper champion team are contenders. How many times do these old ass paper champion squads have to fail before people get the picture. Nets are nothing but a "if" team, if they're healthy, if Deron... if Lopez...etc.
:biggums:

Pacers are better than they were last season. Not even arguably. And they put up a helluva series vs the Heat in the ECF.

jimmy77x
08-04-2013, 04:49 PM
:biggums:

Pacers are better than they were last season. Not even arguably. And they put up a helluva series vs the Heat in the ECF.

How are they that much better? Paul George is a nice all star player but he isnt a superstar nor will he ever be. Hibbert one of the most foul prone players in the league last year was allowed to do whatever the fck he wanted to during the knicks series and game 1-6 vs the heat. We saw how his scrub ass looks when he cant foul all day in game 7.

Hittin_Shots
08-04-2013, 04:51 PM

Every team is an if team from the season start to the finals.. Miami are favourites if LeBron doesn't get injured... This team will be terrible if there players don't plat ridiculously well and make them not terrible... Isn't a forum for speculating and commenting on what has and possibly could happen? Adding the two best players from a playoff team with veteran experience along with other additios won't have any affect and nets will be bounced in first round if they make it... Is that what you'd prefer said?

jimmy77x
08-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Every team is an if team from the season start to the finals.. Miami are favourites if LeBron doesn't get injured... This team will be terrible if there players don't plat ridiculously well and make them not terrible... Isn't a forum for speculating and commenting on what has and possibly could happen? Adding the two best players from a playoff team with veteran experience along with other additios won't have any affect and nets will be bounced in first round if they make it... Is that what you'd prefer said?

No that was just to the people claiming they are a top 2/3 seed and "the biggest" challengers to the heat. Not saying they wont make the nets better but you're talking about 2 fossils who barely made the playoffs and mere seconds away from being swept last year. I do think they will be a top 5 seed though.

bagelred
08-04-2013, 05:05 PM
What were the Knicks serious injuries last season?

other than stoudemires injury. They'd played better w/o him.. was it all the high 30's players that were injured? If those players being injured meant so much, why is kg/ pp's age make you say they're done when you try to dismiss nets?

The Knicks had a TON of injuries last season. It's hard to remember but here's how it went:

Amar'e Stoudemire - Two knee surgeries, played only 29 games, barely any playoff games
Iman Shumpert - ACL recovery, played only 45 games, and still recovering during season
Rasheed Wallace - Foot problems, played only 21 games, didn't play after mid December, no playoffs
Kurt Thomas - Stress fracture, career over, didn't play after mid March, no playoffs
Marcus Camby - Various knee/foot injuries, played only 250 minutes the entire season, missed playoffs
Raymond Felton - Hand injury, missed 12 games? or so.....
Carmelo Anthony - Shoulder injury, missed about 12 games, injury lingered into playoffs
Tyson Chandler - Shoulder/Neck, missed 16 games, injury lingered into playoffs
Kenyon Martin - Knee, Missed few games
Jason Kidd - Rapidly Aging Syndrome, didn't score last 200 minutes of playoffs

JR Smith was the healthiest guy all season, and turns out he was playing on a bad knee that needed surgery during offseason. :oldlol: What a mess.....

Hittin_Shots
08-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Well I would say Rondos season ending injury probably did more damage than all if them.. but I may be a little biased lol.

bagelred
08-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Well I would say Rondos season ending injury probably did more damage than all if them.. but I may be a little biased lol.

Not saying the Knicks had that one devastating injuries, but those injuries just add up. But give credit to Grunwald for putting together a deep team.....

So yeah, when i see Celtics relying on KG, Pierce, and Terry for big minutes, I just chuckle. I witnessed first hand how easily the old guys get injured and just disappear for a while.....I think Knicks/Grunwald/Bagelred all learned our lesson. Get younger guys on bench.

Knicks oldest guys now are KMart and Prigioni, and Prigs plays like he's 27 years old....

Dr. Cheesesteak
08-04-2013, 05:19 PM
How are they that much better? Paul George is a nice all star player but he isnt a superstar nor will he ever be. Hibbert one of the most foul prone players in the league last year was allowed to do whatever the fck he wanted to during the knicks series and game 1-6 vs the heat. We saw how his scrub ass looks when he cant foul all day in game 7.
You ask how they're better than last season, then just point out returning players. :facepalm

Anyway, they gain Granger, Scola, Copeland, CJ Watson, and Solomon Hill. They lose Psycho T, Agustin, Gerald Green, and Miles Plumlee. Doesn't take a pro analyst to realize that's an improvement.

Hittin_Shots
08-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Not saying the Knicks had that one devastating injuries, but those injuries just add up. But give credit to Grunwald for putting together a deep team.....

So yeah, when i see Celtics relying on KG, Pierce, and Terry for big minutes, I just chuckle. I witnessed first hand how easily the old guys get injured and just disappear for a while.....I think Knicks/Grunwald/Bagelred all learned our lesson. Get younger guys on bench.

Knicks oldest guys now are KMart and Prigioni, and Prigs plays like he's 27 years old....

Boston was riddled with injury also aswell as rondos season ending. 2 other season ending injuries and plenty of games missed by other players and not 38-40 year olds.

Hittin_Shots
08-04-2013, 05:41 PM
We should be gunning for that number on pick so I'm just shifting my support to pierce and kg, I'd expect most Celtics fans may feel the same.

bagelred
08-04-2013, 05:46 PM
We should be gunning for that number on pick so I'm just shifting my support to pierce and kg, I'd expect most Celtics fans may feel the same.

I think the Brooklyn Celt-nets will be similar to last seasons Lakers. I get the feeling alot will go wrong.....

For one thing, the average age of the entire Celt-nets team is

http://i43.tinypic.com/2afhjlu.jpg

ProfessorMurder
08-04-2013, 05:49 PM

Yeah the Celtics will suck balls this year, so I'll be watching a lot of Brooklyn, Indiana, and Denver.

Nets will be better than the Knicks, no question.

Miami
Indiana
Nets
Knicks

Hittin_Shots
08-04-2013, 05:51 PM
I think the Brooklyn Celt-nets will be similar to last seasons Lakers. I get the feeling alot will go wrong.....

For one thing, the average age of the entire Celt-nets team is

http://i43.tinypic.com/2afhjlu.jpg

Can only really wait and see. Boston only had one offensively capable big man with kg and that was a near 40 Shaq for half a season. They were tearing up that half a season. So I'm looking forward to seeing him paired with Lopez.

CHi1PriDe
08-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Yeah the Celtics will suck balls this year, so I'll be watching a lot of Brooklyn, Indiana, and Denver.

Miami
Indiana
Nets
Knicks

So you have the bulls at 5?! Smh, the Bulls beat the Knicks 4-0 last year without Rose last year and i expect a big growth from jimmy butler this upcoming season.

Hittin_Shots
08-04-2013, 05:53 PM

Miami
Indiana
Nets
Knicks

I'm hoping we suck, not that everyone outperforms and we end up middle of the pack..

Hittin_Shots
08-04-2013, 05:55 PM
So you have the bulls at 5?! Smh, the Bulls beat the Knicks 4-0 last year without Rose last year and i expect a big growth from jimmy butler this upcoming season.

I expect butler to be good. He destroyed us one of those games.

Lakers2877
08-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Why would anybody consider them to be contenders right now?

knickscity
08-04-2013, 06:01 PM
By this logic the Knicks should just be the 8th seed and play Miami in the first round and god forbid if they play san antonio in the first finals...a sweep.

at some point, fans will understand regular season rarely if ever translate to the playoffs.

Hittin_Shots
08-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Bagel how do u feel about fresh kid making everyone hate the Knicks much more?

bagelred
08-04-2013, 06:10 PM
and i expect a big growth from jimmy butler this upcoming season.

big growth? you mean like a tumor?

ProfessorMurder
08-04-2013, 06:19 PM

Forgot about Chicago. Put Chicago at 4, Knicks at 5 then.

MetsPackers
08-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Man I've been a Knicks fan for my entire life and I KNOW they're not contenders. Solid pretenders, but not contenders

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Bagel how do u feel about fresh kid making everyone hate the Knicks much more?
Who made tha thread Celtic fan? Not me

1987_Lakers
08-04-2013, 08:58 PM
If Carmelo is your best player you will never be a contender.

Kuma
08-04-2013, 09:22 PM
I don't think they're contenders, but I do think they'll be a good side again this season. They've dropped behind Indiana again, but it remains to be seen how Chicago and Brooklyn perform this season.

The JKidd Kid
08-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Who made tha thread Celtic fan? Not me

What's it like knowing that an entire forum doesn't take you seriously?

SacJB Shady
08-04-2013, 09:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IrjAQbW.jpg

I'm not saying they'll win it all but really? I'd put them ahead of the Nets and Bulls for championship contention next season.

Felton/Prigioni
Shumpert/Smith/Hardaway Jr
Melo/MWP/Leslie
Amare/Kenyon
Chandler/Bargnani

Hell of a GM they have there in The Knicks front office. That is some deep talent for Woodson to coach and if this team fails next year, it's probably because of him.

I'll take the Warriors any day. Record doesn't count either because the Knicks play in the East.

Kuma
08-04-2013, 09:38 PM
I'll take the Warriors any day. Record doesn't count either because the Knicks play in the East.

This thread is about whether or not people believe the Knicks are contenders, not whether or not you think the Warriors are better.

We all get it already, you like the ****ing Warriors.

Fresh Kid
08-04-2013, 09:40 PM
What's it like knowing that an entire forum doesn't take you seriously?
I know you not talking Lil bro nets fan, someone neg this idiot please :facepalm

The JKidd Kid
08-04-2013, 10:29 PM
I know you not talking Lil bro nets fan, someone neg this idiot please :facepalm

It's true. You should just leave this board, you're not only embarrassing yourself and Knicks fans in general, but you are also preventing any real conversation from happening.

redrich2000
08-04-2013, 11:33 PM
The Knicks had a TON of injuries last season. It's hard to remember but here's how it went:

Amar'e Stoudemire - Two knee surgeries, played only 29 games, barely any playoff games
Iman Shumpert - ACL recovery, played only 45 games, and still recovering during season
Rasheed Wallace - Foot problems, played only 21 games, didn't play after mid December, no playoffs
Kurt Thomas - Stress fracture, career over, didn't play after mid March, no playoffs
Marcus Camby - Various knee/foot injuries, played only 250 minutes the entire season, missed playoffs
Raymond Felton - Hand injury, missed 12 games? or so.....
Carmelo Anthony - Shoulder injury, missed about 12 games, injury lingered into playoffs
Tyson Chandler - Shoulder/Neck, missed 16 games, injury lingered into playoffs
Kenyon Martin - Knee, Missed few games
Jason Kidd - Rapidly Aging Syndrome, didn't score last 200 minutes of playoffs

JR Smith was the healthiest guy all season, and turns out he was playing on a bad knee that needed surgery during offseason. :oldlol: What a mess.....

and despite all that the Pacers series was closer than people remember.
Also, in the few games Amare played last season he showed he can still be productive. With both knees fixed and a pre-season under his belt he will be better than most people think. No one at the Knicks is expecting him to be the 25ppg beast he was, we will be looking for 12-15ppg off the bench. At worst, this Knicks team is no worse than last year, at best, Bargs stretches the floor and helps get the best out of Melo and JR, Schump develops more consistent scoring and Amare takes pressure off JR as sole second option.

LT Ice Cream
08-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Chuck City, B*tch. Chuck, chuck city B*tch. 10, 20 chuckers on your team, b*tch.

The best chance the Knicks had at contending (and they still weren't close) was when Melo and and Felton went down and Jeremy Lin took over PG duties. The Knicks are not contenders this season. They look kinda nice on paper but it's an inherently flawed team in the intangibles department.