PDA

View Full Version : Report: Shabazz Muhammad sent home from NBA Rookie Program...

Burgz V2
08-07-2013, 01:35 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/twolves/2013/08/07/shabazz-muhammad-sent-home-from-nba-rookie-transition-program/2627919/

Shabazz Muhammad was sent home from the NBA's Rookie Transition Program for violating of a rule and bringing a female guest into his hotel room.

Muhammad will also be fined and return next summer to complete the program with the 2014 draft class.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

razzredazzre
08-07-2013, 01:36 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/twolves/2013/08/07/shabazz-muhammad-sent-home-from-nba-rookie-transition-program/2627919/

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

longtime lurker
08-07-2013, 01:37 PM
That's a pretty lame reason to get sent home. But rules are rules.

KyrieTheFuture
08-07-2013, 01:38 PM
So in the seminar where they tell you not to **** random hoes he brings a random hoe to his room? Yea this dude won't last long. Unimpressive play, unimpressive brain. But hey if he figures it out good for him.

Burgz V2
08-07-2013, 01:40 PM
That's a pretty lame reason to get sent home. But rules are rules.

not really sure if they've been paid yet, if so, I'd say it would have been a good idea to just rent a hotel somewhere else. Unless they have a curfew or something.

Anyone know?

Levity
08-07-2013, 01:43 PM
No sex in the champagne room.

IGOTGAME
08-07-2013, 01:44 PM
So in the seminar where they tell you not to **** random hoes he brings a random hoe to his room? Yea this dude won't last long. Unimpressive play, unimpressive brain. But hey if he figures it out good for him.
Tbf, it's a bullshit rule. They should not have the ability to control your off work life. I would bring this up with the players union.

bagelred
08-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Upon hearing he was asked to go home, Muhammed just yelled "Shabazz!!!", a puff of smoke appeared, and he just disappeared.......

boozehound
08-07-2013, 01:45 PM
very glad we (pistons) didnt draft this guy. Selfish player who is not as good as he thinks.

wakencdukest
08-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Tbf, it's a bullshit rule. They should not have the ability to control your off work life. I would bring this up with the players union.

It might be a bullshit rule, but the fact that he can't follow a simple rule for a few days or weeks for that matter is ridiculous.

BoutPractice
08-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Upon hearing he was asked to go home, Muhammed just yelled "Shabazz!!!", a puff of smoke appeared, and he just disappeared.......
:roll:

KyrieTheFuture
08-07-2013, 01:53 PM
It may be a bullshit rule but it's a rule. Players union can't fight that they obviously agreed to it.

Rake2204
08-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Tbf, it's a bullshit rule. They should not have the ability to control your off work life. I would bring this up with the players union.I know virtually nothing about the Rookie Transition Program but if I had to guess, everything involving the hotel they were staying in (likely on the league's dime) was a part of the program. I see where you're coming from in terms of "When does the job stop and one's own life begin" but if there were one time where a player likely should have opted not to bring a lady back to the hotel room, it'd probably be, as KyrieTheFuture mentioned, at the seminar where they're teaching you about not always bringing ladies back to the hotel room.

That said, as mentioned, I don't know the details on any of this, so I'm kind of just throwing things out there at this point.

Burgz V2
08-07-2013, 01:58 PM

i don't think it should be a rule but if the NBA paid for the room and is giving these guys per diem for the time that they are there, they have to obey it. Not sure if the players' union can even do anything about it.

BasedTom
08-07-2013, 02:02 PM
:bowdown:

IGOTGAME
08-07-2013, 02:03 PM
I know virtually nothing about the Rookie Transition Program but if I had to guess, everything involving the hotel they were staying in (likely on the league's dime) was a part of the program. I see where you're coming from in terms of "When does the job stop and one's own life begin" but if there were one time where a player likely should have opted not to bring a lady back to the hotel room, it'd probably be, as KyrieTheFuture mentioned, at the seminar where they're teaching you about not always bringing ladies back to the hotel room.

That said, as mentioned, I don't know the details on any of this, so I'm kind of just throwing things out there at this point.

It all seems like bs to me, they aren't cattle or property..they are employees going to a seminar. Why must they be forced into these draconian living conditions. Seems like bs, especially since this is mandatory. How you gonna say I'm not allowed to **** bitches during prime ****ing hours for the duration of a program while I'm off work. What's next, I can't watch TV or eat red meat or look at women on television...maybe not allowed to walk on the same side of the street as a women.

Solefade
08-07-2013, 02:06 PM
i don't think it should be a rule but if the NBA paid for the room and is giving these guys per diem for the time that they are there, they have to obey it. Not sure if the players' union can even do anything about it.

Well if they specifically tell you and repeat that you cannot bring a woman to your room, that's on Shabazz and there's no one else to blame for that.

IGOTGAME
08-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Well if they specifically tell you and repeat that you cannot bring a woman to your room, that's on Shabazz and there's no one else to blame for that.
It's on him that he got sent home but who really gives a shit.

Solefade
08-07-2013, 02:09 PM
It all seems like bs to me, they aren't cattle or property..they are employees going to a seminar. Why must they be forced into these draconian living conditions. Seems like bs, especially since this is mandatory. How you gonna say I'm not allowed to **** bitches during prime ****ing hours for the duration of a program while I'm off work. What's next, I can't watch TV or eat red meat or look at women on television...maybe not allowed to walk on the same side of the street as a women.

If I was your employer at a job where only 1 in a billion people get an opportunity at, I would fire your ass.

OldSkoolball#52
08-07-2013, 02:13 PM
It all seems like bs to me, they aren't cattle or property..they are employees going to a seminar. Why must they be forced into these draconian living conditions.

LMFAO

Youre right, theyre no cattle or property. They actually have a choice to play in the NBA or not.

Youre mad because black guys were asked to follow rules. Everything about race with you. Always and forever.

The NBA obviously wants to avoid any possible bad publicity at this function which THEY are hosting and responsible for. With the potential for false rape accusations, salacious stories leaking out, orgies, chicks getting too drunk or being underage etc... It makes perfect sense that they say for THIS weekend, dont break this rule and after that you have your whole career to ball and pluck groupies.

SMH at your stephen a, quanell x, "how-dare-the-man-do-this-to-a-brotha" routine. Predictable as the sunrise.

For the record, Im not on a high horse about him breaking the rule. A lot of us might have done similar. Im sayin its perfectly reasonable from the nbas perspective to have the rule. Igotgame playin the "athletes are like slaves" card again, smh

Shade8780
08-07-2013, 02:13 PM
I was kind of wanting him on draft night. Thank god we didn't pick him.

IGOTGAME
08-07-2013, 02:17 PM
If I was your employer at a job where only 1 in a billion people get an opportunity at, I would fire your ass.

Someone doesn't understand contracts or the principle of scarcity.

IGOTGAME
08-07-2013, 02:20 PM
LMFAO

Youre right, theyre no cattle or property. They actually have a choice to play in the NBA or not.

Youre mad because black guys were asked to follow rules. Everything about race with you. Always and forever.

The NBA obviously wants to avoid any possible bad publicity at this function which THEY are hosting and responsible for. With the potential for false rape accusations, salacious stories leaking out, orgies, chicks getting too drunk or being underage etc... It makes perfect sense that they say for THIS weekend, dont break this rule and after that you have your whole career to ball and pluck groupies.

SMH at your stephen a, quanell x, "how-dare-the-man-do-this-to-a-brotha" routine. Predictable as the sunrise.

For the record, Im not on a high horse about him breaking the rule. A lot of us might have done similar. Im sayin its perfectly reasonable from the nbas perspective to have the rule. Igotgame playin the "athletes are like slaves" card again, smh

You are ignorant. This has nothing to do with race but again, you are too ignorant to understand that. I've had a problem with how people think NBA players don't deserve their contracts and bc of that should be subject to bs limitations on their free time.

KyrieTheFuture
08-07-2013, 02:22 PM
If an employee is one in a billion you don't fire him you moron. That being said, if I pay for your room, I can ****ing decide what side of the bed you sleep on if I really want to. Shabazz can bang bitchs in his room when he's paying for it.

The JKidd Kid
08-07-2013, 02:26 PM
If an employee is one in a billion you don't fire him you moron. That being said, if I pay for your room, I can ****ing decide what side of the bed you sleep on if I really want to. Shabazz can bang bitchs in his room when he's paying for it.

Exactly. Treat this as a business trip, if your boss says he doesn't want you to bring women back to your hotel room, he can. Shabazz is getting paid while doing this and is therefore AT WORK. Your boss can say that he doesn't want you having sex on the job if he wants to. It has nothing to do with them interfering with their personal life.

IGOTGAME
08-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Exactly. Treat this as a business trip, if your boss says he doesn't want you to bring women back to your hotel room, he can. Shabazz is getting paid while doing this and is therefore AT WORK. Your boss can say that he doesn't want you having sex on the job if he wants to. It has nothing to do with them interfering with their personal life.

My boss cannot tell me not to bring women home. I think you are confused. He can ask, and I can tell him to **** off, which I would on principal.

Your boss doesn't own your entire life.

boozehound
08-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Someone doesn't understand contracts or the principle of scarcity.
something tells me you have never had a job with a contract that includes various behavior standards or morality clauses. If he were a shift manager at McDs at a national fastfood conference and he was told he couldnt drink to excess or **** bitches because it reflects poorly on the company he is representing at the hotel (even off hours), what would you say?

Scholar
08-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Damn, can this guy do anything right? I feel like every time I hear ANYTHING about him, it's always bad. From not celebrating with his college team when his teammate hit the game winning shot to lying about his age to this, Shabazz is on a destined route to being known as a dumbf*ck, just like DeMarcus Cousins & (a more extreme example) Dennis Rodman.

boozehound
08-07-2013, 02:30 PM
My boss cannot tell me not to bring women home. I think you are confused. He can ask, and I can tell him to **** off, which I would on principal.

he didnt take her home. He took her back to a hotel room paid for by the nba, in a hotel booked by the nba for this event.

senelcoolidge
08-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Yeah, this guy won't last long. If he can't follow a simple rule for a short period of time..however long the NBA rookie program last than he's an idiot. No discipline. You follow your employer's rules or you find work somewhere else. Not hard.

IGOTGAME
08-07-2013, 02:32 PM
something tells me you have never had a job with a contract that includes various behavior standards or morality clauses. If he were a shift manager at McDs at a national fastfood conference and he was told he couldnt drink to excess or **** bitches because it reflects poorly on the company he is representing at the hotel (even off hours), what would you say?

It would be a risk vs. reward situation. But he would be well within his rights to say **** off. Bringing a women home does not violate any morality clause and they could go to court. Shift manager at McDonald's couldn't afford that tho.

Scholar

Where the f*ck does it say Shabazz was sent home from the seminar for bringing a bimbo to his home? Pretty sure he brought a bitch to a hotel room that is paid for by the NBA.

Reading comprehension>

KyrieTheFuture

Clearly you've only ever worked at wendys. You're boss is absolutely within his rights to tell you what you can't do in the room that he is paying for. And you can tell him to **** off, and then you can take your shit and never come back to work. Seriously are you 15?

Solefade
08-07-2013, 02:33 PM
LMFAO

This. If it's a RULE and it's strictly enforced, why would you go out of your way to break it when you know what the consequences are? Playing in the NBA is a privilege not a right.

IGOTGAME
08-07-2013, 02:33 PM
he didnt take her home. He took her back to a hotel room paid for by the nba, in a hotel booked by the nba for this event.

And...that matters why? What it really doesn't. It has no rationally relation to his work duties.

IGOTGAME
08-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Clearly you've only ever worked at wendys. You're boss is absolutely within his rights to tell you what you can't do in the room that he is paying for. And you can tell him to **** off, and then you can take your shit and never come back to work. Seriously are you 15?
Of course...I'm either 15 or an attorney. Take your pick.

Solefade
08-07-2013, 02:35 PM
And...that matters why? What it really doesn't. It has no rationally relation to his work duties.

If it's a rule and they specifically tell you not to and you do it, IT DOES MATTER. how ****ing daft are you? You must be the worst employee on the planet.

boozehound
08-07-2013, 02:35 PM
hes a representative of the organization the entire time hes in that hotel/at that event. You obviously do not work in an industry that involves any company travel.

boozehound
08-07-2013, 02:36 PM
what kind of an attorney? This is pretty standard across many workplace environments.

JellyBean

LOL...pretty good one.

IGOTGAME
hes a representative of the organization the entire time hes in that hotel/at that event. You obviously do not work in an industry that involves any company travel.

I work for a firm where employees are given autonomy and not treated like children.

red1
08-07-2013, 02:38 PM
this kid is a dumbass

boozehound
08-07-2013, 02:38 PM
I work for a firm where employees are given autonomy and not treated like children.
right, but you dont work with workplace contract law or collective bargaining I would guess.

The JKidd Kid
08-07-2013, 02:39 PM

When your on a business trip, which Shabazz is on, your boss can say that he doesn't want you drinking or doing something that can make his business aka the NBA look bad and you have to listen because he is paying you to represent his business.

IGOTGAME
08-07-2013, 02:39 PM
what kind of an attorney? This is pretty standard across many workplace environments.

Corporate attorney. Morality clauses are being enforced to the point you can't bring back women to hotel rooms? Never heard of this. Seems odd...never been in a situation where an employer would insult me and test me like a child.

It may more sense not to rock the boat bc litigation is expensive but if you wanted to make a point you could lawyer up. I don't understand how bringing a women, especially when said women could be you sister, wife or mother, to a hotel violates a morality clause.

AirFederer
08-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Is it a *********ion course?
:eek:

R.I.P.
08-07-2013, 02:57 PM
HOF athlete and guest speaker on the matter:

If it says no sex in the hotel room you take them to the broom closet!

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00705/sport-graphics-2007_705384a.jpg

Followed by saving the money for the paternity test:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/03/21/article-0-08CF46E4000005DC-187_233x240.jpg

LosScandalous
08-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Trying to get some ass before he gets kicked out of the league, I don't blame him.

DuMa
08-07-2013, 03:05 PM
thats what Minnesota gets for trying to add black players to their roster

SpurrDurr
08-07-2013, 03:06 PM
HOF athlete and guest speaker on the matter:

If it says no sex in the hotel room you take them to the broom closet!

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00705/sport-graphics-2007_705384a.jpg

Followed by saving the money for the paternity test:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/03/21/article-0-08CF46E4000005DC-187_233x240.jpg

:lol

Fresh Kid
08-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Poor rookie, somebody was hating passionately cuz he was dipping inside sum tuna:lol

DukeDelonte13
08-07-2013, 03:25 PM

if your an attorney i wanna know how in the f*cking hell can you defend Shabazz. Rules are rules, just because they are dumb rules doesn't mean they are ok to break. It's not like shabazz is being banned from the NBA because of this.

DukeDelonte13
08-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Corporate attorney. Morality clauses are being enforced to the point you can't bring back women to hotel rooms? Never heard of this. Seems odd...never been in a situation where an employer would insult me and test me like a child.

It may more sense not to rock the boat bc litigation is expensive but if you wanted to make a point you could lawyer up. I don't understand how bringing a women, especially when said women could be you sister, wife or mother, to a hotel violates a morality clause.

:facepalm

You know how i can tell you aren't a real attorney? This quoted post.

Parties to a contract don't pick and choose with clauses are enforceable and which aren't. It doesn't matter if you or are party to a contract thinks part of it is stupid and insulting. You gonna try and tell the judge, "but judge, that clause hurts my feelings! they shouldn't have enforced that!"

And WTF is "lawyering up" gonna do? Shabazz has no legit claim, and even if he did there is very specific procedure he has to follow with the union. You can't just file lawsuits all willy nilly, especially just to make a point. That's teetering on the edge of breaking the ethics rules.

2LeTTeRS
08-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Did anybody read this part of the article:

In 2008, Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur were expelled from the RTP after it was discovered women and the scent of marijuana were in the room. They were both fined $20,000. Later, Michael Beasley admitted he had been in the same room and was fined $50,000.

:roll: @ Beas

Burgz V2
08-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Did anybody read this part of the article:

:roll: @ Beas

they pulled the high school principal on him probably. "anyone involved admit to it now, or else your're kicked out of the league if we ever find out", knowing full and well they'd only fine his dumb ass :roll:

Replay32
08-07-2013, 04:40 PM

Dude. He's at a Rookie orientation where they teach about being a NBA player on and off the court. He's going to be given advice on the transition to becoming an NBA player, financial planning, drugs, and to watch his back when it comes to females. The NBA lets the players Know what the rules are for the orientation and they are paying for it.

Why would the NBA allow players to bring females to their rooms when he's about get advice on ways to avoid that type of thing? Breaking the rule just shows his lack of maturity. Hopefully he will learn from it. It's like a 4 day program. He could of followed the rules.

treadster
08-07-2013, 04:42 PM
:roll: :roll:

longtime lurker
08-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Dude. He's at a Rookie orientation where they teach about being a NBA player on and off the court. He's going to be given advice on the transition to becoming an NBA player, financial planning, drugs, and to watch his back when it comes to females. The NBA lets the players Know what the rules are for the orientation and they are paying for it.

Why would the NBA allow players to bring females to their rooms when he's about get advice on ways to avoid that type of thing? Breaking the rule just shows his lack of maturity. Hopefully he will learn from it. It's like a 4 day program. He could of followed the rules.

And all these guys will be breaking the rules a couple hours after the seminar. It literally makes no difference. I agree it shows lack of maturity but it's a pretty dumb rule in the first place.

CelticBaller
08-07-2013, 04:57 PM
all for the pvssy :applause:

morbius
08-07-2013, 05:14 PM
all for the pvssy :applause:

and pvssy for all :applause:

Replay32
08-07-2013, 05:19 PM
And all these guys will be breaking the rules a couple hours after the seminar. It literally makes no difference. I agree it shows lack of maturity but it's a pretty dumb rule in the first place.

The bolded is really not the point. The NBA is a business and rules are established by the NBA on their dime. And it's not a dumb rule. The NBA would be foolish to allow guys have females in their rooms at a seminar where they are teaching the opposite.

It's a program to teach. What the players do after getting the knowledge is up to them. But the NBA has to have their event organized and disciplined.

buddha
08-07-2013, 05:28 PM
He will be broke 30 days after he retires.

cranincu
08-07-2013, 05:34 PM
isnt the rookie transition program a bunch of old players coming to talk to the rooks about how hoes will steal your money after you poke them and how to keep your money?

guess shabazz aint listening in class

dbk123
08-07-2013, 06:08 PM
He didnt get in trouble because it was a girl. The article states that rookies cant bring any guests into the program area.

FreezingTsmoove
08-07-2013, 06:20 PM
isnt the rookie transition program a bunch of old players coming to talk to the rooks about how hoes will steal your money after you poke them and how to keep your money?

guess shabazz aint listening in class

yeah and how to manage your money. If it's mandatory I would be pissed and bored af. Props to Shabazz for living life who tf cares its just coiutous

bdreason
08-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Not a good start.

mentallooser
08-07-2013, 07:22 PM
He isn't the first ever to be sent home. Not the best start imaginable, but it isn't a sure sign that he's going to fail or anything.

JMT
08-07-2013, 07:31 PM

They're paying for the room, his food, etc. The seminar begins when they get on the plane (which they poaid f0or as well) and ends when they do the same. It's not "off work life".

Kid is apparently not very bright.

JMT
08-07-2013, 07:34 PM
It all seems like bs to me, they aren't cattle or property..they are employees going to a seminar. Why must they be forced into these draconian living conditions.

No, they are employees whose entire trip is on the corporate dime. The corporation has rules which they make abundantly clear. It's all approved in the CBA.

LOL at "draconian". Dude just got sent home from a nicer hotel than would allow you through the door.

JMT
08-07-2013, 07:37 PM

Definitely not an attorney, as someone with even the most basic understanding of high-level employment contracts that include morals and behavior clauses wouldn't be posting the nonsense that you are.

IGOTGAME
08-07-2013, 07:42 PM

Definitely not an attorney, as someone with even the most basic understanding of high-level employment contracts that include morals and behavior clauses wouldn't be posting the nonsense that you are.
Not worth getting outted.

Have a nice night.

chips93
08-07-2013, 07:57 PM

Have a nice night.

:rolleyes:

niko
08-07-2013, 08:27 PM

Have a nice night.
I've had business trips where they say no guests. If some girl ran out of my room in the morning first day of the trip, i'd certainly get a talking to and punished in some way. And i make a fraction of waht he does.

As long as it's stated in advance he should be able to follow it.

oh the horror
08-07-2013, 08:43 PM
He isn't the first ever to be sent home. Not the best start imaginable, but it isn't a sure sign that he's going to fail or anything.

No but the problem is we keep hearing about the question marks regarding this kid and where his head is actually at concerning the game.

Quizno
08-07-2013, 08:44 PM

no grammar nazi but you are definitely not an attorney :oldlol:

attorneys have to do a ton (TON) of reading. if you don't know the difference between woman and women you are not an attorney

outbreak
08-07-2013, 08:47 PM
not sure why people think this rule is bs, it's pretty clear if your at a seminar paid for by your employer and your told not to bring guests to the hotel you don't do it. In a high profile business like the NBA this becomes even bigger as it impacts other players trying to keep a low key and get a good start in the league, if everyone was bringing guests too you'd just end up with randoms hanging out to see the players who turn up

IGOTGAME
08-07-2013, 08:52 PM

attorneys have to do a ton (TON) of reading. if you don't know the difference between woman and women you are not an attorney
Or maybe I'm typing on my phone?

waseem780
08-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Shabazz Muhammad.:facepalm

Solefade
08-07-2013, 09:01 PM

He's probably a paralegal (an attorney's bitch), not an actual attorney.

Meticode
08-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Not a good start.
Certainly isn't. Same thing happened to Beasley, but he had weed too.

It just goes to show his attitude and maturity isn't there yet. Top talent, but scouts are pushed away from him because of his maturity level as a person.

treadster
08-07-2013, 09:39 PM
before i thought maybe i'n wrong about shabazz, then this happen:facepalm

andremiller07
08-07-2013, 09:41 PM
puss>>>>>>>>>>>>>pointless program that no one really gives a shit about.

Go Getter
08-07-2013, 10:22 PM
:applause:

Burgz V2
08-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Matt Barnes' take on the situation:

I think @phenom15balla gettn kicked out of #NBARTP is BS. He’s a grown A$$ man, if he wants to hv a woman n his rm that’s his business(cont)

Then the media gets ahold of the story & blows it outa proportion, like they always do. Now his gotta bad wrap b4 he’s ever played a(cont)

Game.. Starting behind the 8 ball already! I guess I’m tryn to say there are bigger issues to deal with, then whether or not a grown(cont)

Man has a woman In his room.. @phenom15balla keep ur head up boy & keep working hard, this will blow over

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/07/matt-barnes-says-shabazz-muhammad-getting-sent-home-from-nbas-rookie-transition-program-is-bs/

sundizz
08-08-2013, 02:00 AM
Matt Barnes' take on the situation:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/07/matt-barnes-says-shabazz-muhammad-getting-sent-home-from-nbas-rookie-transition-program-is-bs/

Yeah, cuz Matt Barnes of all people is who you want on your side.

It's ridiculous how entitled these players feel. Such an instant gratification nonsense. If I was the team owner, I'd suspend him without pay for the first 5 games for this. Sets a bad precedent. It's simple...follow the rules. The players union agreed to this.

The Macho Man
08-08-2013, 02:10 AM
Maybe she was bad as fvk

The Macho Man
08-08-2013, 02:11 AM
"Sorry girl, I can't take you back to my room, it's against the rules" Everyone in this thread.

KNOW1EDGE
08-08-2013, 02:12 AM
I dont really think its that big of a deal.

But it just goes to show that he doesnt really take it serious, or have respect for the league or him self.

If your employer paid for you to go to a training seminar and laid down a few ground rules, most of us would oblige. Shabazz doesnt have respect for his employer and thinks he can get away with it.

Not a huge deal. But not what Minesotta wanted to see and it doesnt seem like a great start for Shabazz who already has a "me-first" reputation

The Macho Man
08-08-2013, 02:14 AM
Who snitched on em anyhow? Probably Olynyk, Canadian:facepalm

Haks
08-08-2013, 02:17 AM
Lmao

El Kabong
08-08-2013, 03:45 AM
"Sorry girl, I can't take you back to my room, it's against the rules" Everyone in this thread.
Or you take them back to a room you paid for yourself.

Nelson14
08-08-2013, 08:32 AM
So was she a hooker?

JMT
08-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Or maybe I'm typing on my phone?

I'll still go with 15.

GOBB
08-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Lets see you are going to a rookie function that is trying to school you, educate you on the pit falls of being in the NBA. One of them is the woman that will be around you. And here it is you bring a chick back to the hotel room. :oldlol:

Simple rule. What is so hard to follow?

The program tells players about drug abuse, marijuana and here it is you got guys huffing :pimp: afterwards. So when these guys go broke, battle drug issues fans cant cry that the league or teams didnt do enough to help them.

I just found out AI used to skip the program entirely. Just leave and go hang out at bars. And never repeated the course just took whatever fines the NBA gave him for not attending. Where is AI today? No the rookie program wouldnt have saved AI but you get the point.

red1
08-08-2013, 10:13 AM
In 2008, Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur were expelled from the RTP after it was discovered women and the scent of marijuana were in the room. They were both fined $20,000. Later, Michael Beasley admitted he had been in the same room and was fined $50,000.
My goodness. This would only happen to beasley, they fined the guy more than the other two combined :roll:

GOBB
08-08-2013, 10:16 AM
My goodness. This would only happen to beasley, they fined the guy more than the other two combined :roll:

Because he hid in the closet.

Michael Beasley was arrested early Tuesday morning for marijuana possession, according to Arizona Central's 12 News.
Behavioral problems have been a theme throughout Beasley's NBA career. He had a pot-related infraction during his NBA 'rookie transition program' in 2009, he was cited by police for possession of marijuana during the summer of 2011, and he was arrested for criminal speeding and driving without a license last February. The 2011 incident would have resulted in a five-game suspension if it hadn't happened during the lockout, and the new CBA retains a five-game penalty for third-strike marijuana infractions, so there's a good chance that he'll start the season with an unpaid suspension. Aug 6 - 1:58 PM

andremiller07
08-08-2013, 10:16 AM
I just found out AI used to skip the program entirely. Just leave and go hang out at bars. And never repeated the course just took whatever fines the NBA gave him for not attending. Where is AI today? No the rookie program wouldnt have saved AI but you get the point.
End of the day if someone is a idiot and attends the program they will still fail, the program does not make the slightest difference, it all comes down to the person end of the day. A program that most of them don't listen in or don't care won't change the outcome of anything.

GOBB
08-08-2013, 10:19 AM
End of the day if someone is a idiot and attends the program they will still fail, the program does not make the slightest difference, it all comes down to the person end of the day. A program that most of them don't listen in or don't care won't change the outcome of anything.

Obviously.

red1
08-08-2013, 10:24 AM
that makes it even funnier

GOBB
08-08-2013, 10:26 AM
that makes it even funnier

Agreed. Like a comedy movie. He's in the closet with smoke in mouth and tries to stop himself from choking and getting busted. :oldlol:

JMT
08-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Agreed. Like a comedy movie. He's in the closet with smoke in mouth and tries to stop himself from choking and getting busted. :oldlol:

"Dave's not here, man..."

red1
08-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Lmao. How does this dumbass always manage to get caught smoking. I would put any money on him being the first one to go broke out his entire draft class even though he got the second best contract coming into the league

daily
08-08-2013, 11:57 PM
"Dave's not here, man...":roll: :roll: :roll: Best bit ever

Burgz V2
08-09-2013, 01:52 AM

:wtf:

I dont even know what to say anymore.

WolfGang
08-09-2013, 01:55 AM
Are there no pictures of her? I bet she was a bad white bish.

He should have jerked off. Isnt that how god intended it?

Fiasco
08-09-2013, 02:00 AM

Only Beasley. :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
08-09-2013, 02:21 AM
Beasley. :roll:

I thought you were joking. A quick Google search says he did, indeed, hide in the closet (or possibly bathroom, but I like to think it was the closet).

This guy...

Burgz V2
08-09-2013, 12:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFosUj6A22c

GOBB
08-09-2013, 01:46 PM
"Dave's not here, man..."

:roll: