PDA

View Full Version : guys with girlfriends or wives

Lakers2877
08-07-2013, 06:40 PM
have you ever been " forced " to hang out with your girls friend and her BF/husband and the guy doesnt like or follow or care at all about sports?

last night I had to hangout with my wifes friend amd her husband

Naturally being a guy I asked " you looking forward to football season? I cant wait. Whose your team? "

his response " I dont follow football. Never been a fan. "

my response - " oh. cool. You a Laker fan? How do you think theyre looking? " ( just trying to make conversation )

his response " no idea. I dont like basketball "

now its really awkward. To top off the night I find out hes a vegan. Not meat at all

so this guy im forced to hang out with doesnt like football, basketball, any sports and is a vegan. Wont eat any meat

I cant trust a man who doesnt like sports and doesnt eat steak or chicken, hell any types of meat

anybody agree?

Fudge
08-07-2013, 06:42 PM
That dude is lowkey homo. You gotta break that to your girls friend.

Actually dont. You might hurt Silkk's feelings.

Unbiased_one
08-07-2013, 06:43 PM
have you ever been " forced " to hang out with your girls friend and her BF/husband and the guy doesnt like or follow or care at all about sports?

Naturally being a guy I asked " you looking forward to football season? I cant wait. Whose your team? "

my response - " oh. cool. You a Laker fan? How do you think theyre looking? " ( just trying to make conversation )

now its really awkward. To top off the night I find out hes a vegan. Not meat at all

so this guy im forced to hang out with doesnt like football, basketball, any sports and is a vegan. Wont eat any meat

I cant trust a man who doesnt like sports and doesnt eat steak or chicken, hell any types of meat

anybody agree?

I think he would appreciate Jason Collins.

CelticBaller
You shoudl've showed him your dick, then you would understand

Shade8780
You sure that's her husband?

"How big is your dick?"

"No idea. Don't have one."

Levity
08-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Maybe hes a tofu loving baseball fan.

boozehound
08-07-2013, 06:44 PM

anybody agree?
who ****ing cares? If you cant find anything else to talk about besides sports or meat, you are a dumbass

LosScandalous
08-07-2013, 06:45 PM
I can't stand vegans

next time throw your shoe at him and tell him he better polish it before he brings it back.

SCdac
08-07-2013, 06:49 PM
alot of the coolest people I know are not sports-people

kobeef24
08-07-2013, 06:54 PM
who ****ing cares? If you cant find anything else to talk about besides sports or meat, you are a dumbass

This.

Myth
08-07-2013, 06:55 PM

anybody agree?

You need to broaden your interests if you can't find something to talk about other than sports.

K Xerxes
08-07-2013, 06:58 PM
It's kinda embarrassing if you can't discuss anything other than sports with another guy. You can talk about films, tv shows, music, or simply just ask 'what do you like/your hobbies/interests' instead of assuming he's into sports and being an awkward prick right off the bat.

And why do you care if he's a vegan or not? You going to discuss your favorite types of meat or dairy products with him or something?

Odd.

dr.hee
08-07-2013, 07:07 PM

This. Since when is not being a vegan and loving sports a requirement for having a semi decent conversation with another dude?

NumberSix
08-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Never been married, but I have been around girls' friends' boyfriends. IRL I mostly talk about science, religion and politics. It generally weeds out mentally weak people quickly.

I don't care if people don't like sports, but I can't stand people who are timid or easily offended.

outbreak
08-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Are you 12 years old op? Surely there's more in life you can talk about with another human? Unless he has aspergers or something and was adding nothing to the conversation you could have asked about movies, his interests, his job, his family hell you could even ask about why he's vegan and discuss that. Also who cares if someones vegan? I hate the ones who push their bs down your throat and try to convince you to be vegan too but then it's the same as people who aren't vegans trying to convince vegans to eat meat. People can make their own choices in life.

HorryIsMyMVP
08-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Gay guys always make the best friends. Who knows maybe if you get close enough to him he will rent out his wife for you to have a threesome.

Lakers2877
08-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Lol at some of these responses. I'm the one trying to make conversation yet I have nothing else to talk about and need to broaden my horizons lol

Next time ill bring a check list of topics. Maybe next time we can talk fashion and ill report back to all the *******s in this thread

Some of you are angry little guys. Geez. Relax guys lol

diamenz
08-07-2013, 10:23 PM
You sure that's her husband?

"How big is your dick?"

"No idea. Don't have one."

i lol'ed irl.

longtime lurker
08-07-2013, 10:46 PM
you're asking a board full of acne riddled nerds that don't leave their moms basement for advice? :lol

Dr. Cheesesteak
08-07-2013, 11:02 PM
you're asking a board full of acne riddled nerds that don't leave their moms basement for advice? :lol
:oldlol: :cheers:

Are you 12 years old op? Surely there's more in life you can talk about with another human?

seriously. Is this the first male OP has ever met that didn't like sports? The vegan thing is homo though, unless it's for legitimate health reasons. But why are you FORCED to hang out w/ him? Cant you just excuse yourself out of it? Or do you have one of those controlling/whiny gfs?

DStebb716
08-07-2013, 11:04 PM

:applause:

DStebb716
08-07-2013, 11:06 PM
I can't stand vegans

next time throw your shoe at him and tell him he better polish it before he brings it back.

:facepalm

28renyoy
08-07-2013, 11:10 PM
No because I have a very diverse life that is not dedicated to sports. This is why you're not successful in life OP

Psycho
08-07-2013, 11:14 PM
I hear ya OP. The worst is when they don't even lift dawg.

Kuma
08-08-2013, 12:23 AM
LOL at all these clowns pretending they're all cultured and have highly intelligent conversations about non-sporting topics on the regular.

If you don't like sport, you will never be an alpha male. Sport is the physical materialisation of the male gender. It's one against the other, it's a competition, it's what makes great people.

I wouldn't even waste my time on such a weak individual.

hawke812
08-08-2013, 12:40 AM
alot of the coolest people I know are not sports-people

Dumbest post on ISH.:facepalm

Lakers2877
08-08-2013, 12:45 AM
It's kinda embarrassing if you can't discuss anything other than sports with another guy. You can talk about films, tv shows, music, or simply just ask 'what do you like/your hobbies/interests' instead of assuming he's into sports and being an awkward prick right off the bat.

And why do you care if he's a vegan or not? You going to discuss your favorite types of meat or dairy products with him or something?

Odd.
How do you figure I can't discuss anything other than sports?

Trying to make conversation is being an awkward prick right off the bat? Lol ok

Lakers2877
08-08-2013, 12:46 AM
Are you 12 years old op? Surely there's more in life you can talk about with another human? Unless he has aspergers or something and was adding nothing to the conversation you could have asked about movies, his interests, his job, his family hell you could even ask about why he's vegan and discuss that. Also who cares if someones vegan? I hate the ones who push their bs down your throat and try to convince you to be vegan too but then it's the same as people who aren't vegans trying to convince vegans to eat meat. People can make their own choices in life.
Lol what the hell are you talking about? Lol wow....some of you are wound way too tightly. Relax dude. Geez!

Lakers2877
08-08-2013, 12:47 AM
No because I have a very diverse life that is not dedicated to sports. This is why you're not successful in life OP
Lol I love it.

Lakers2877
08-08-2013, 12:56 AM
LOL at all these clowns pretending they're all cultured and have highly intelligent conversations about non-sporting topics on the regular.

If you don't like sport, you will never be an alpha male. Sport is the physical materialisation of the male gender. It's one against the other, it's a competition, it's what makes great people.

I don't know the guy. I've never met him before, I was trying to be cool and strike up a conversation. I figured hey, maybe he's a football fan. Maybe he likes hoops. Turns out he didn't. So now I'm the jerk for trying to be cool and talk to the guy. Once I tried to strike up a conversation and he wasn't interested I apparently should have just asking him question after question until I found out what he was interested in lol. It's my fault, even though I was trying to be cool. Next time I see him ill ask him who is favorite artist is. What is favorite brand of skinny jeans. Maybe we can talk about his favorite color lol

Lol some of he people on this board crack me up

I tried to talk sports which most guys usually are at least somewhat interested in. Since I brought up sports and he wasn't interested I am no longer successful in life. I'm a real estate investor. I trade commodities. I own two homes. I have a beautiful wife and two sons. But I'm not a success in life because I didn't talk about the academy awards lol

I honestly thought people would get a laugh out of the story. But some of these guys are angry at me and start telling me I'm a dumbass and not cultured because I should have kicked off the conversation with what his favorite French dish is I guess lol. Funny stuff.

Straight_Ballin
08-08-2013, 12:59 AM

anybody agree?

What makes you think he has the time to live the life of a typical steak and potatoes man who follows sports? It's 2013 not 1970. You bring up only 2 subjects to talk about and he has no interest so you become tounge tied? Holy shit man, lol!

Le Shaqtus
08-08-2013, 01:05 AM
Don't worry I get you OP.

I would never trust a man who doesn't eat meat...

Straight_Ballin
08-08-2013, 01:20 AM
Was he a hipster or some shit?

Lakers2877
08-08-2013, 01:37 AM
What makes you think he has the time to live the life of a typical steak and potatoes man who follows sports? It's 2013 not 1970. You bring up only 2 subjects to talk about and he has no interest so you become tounge tied? Holy shit man, lol!
Lol you guys are funny.

sundizz
08-08-2013, 01:37 AM
I feel bad for OP. He's a normal guy and he's getting flamed about this lol. I think what's more annoying is that he clearly has a condescending attitude (at least from you said). He didn't seem to respond and try to talk..just said no i'm not interested. I hate talking to people where it seems like a chore to get them to say stuff.

At the same time...this is also why I hate hanging out with new people in this sort of talk only environment. It hella sucks. I can't fake it...but in reality I'm not enjoying it. I only really like getting to know new people doing active things (such as playing a sport together, working on a project together, learning a language, taking a class, etc). Just talking is weird..it's all words. Unless it's a girl...it's just odd for me to really do this.

Don't get me wrong..their is a skill to it as well. But usually there is a purpose to the talking. Talking to become acquaintances or friends from the jump is awkward. If I go to a career fair I can be very chatty and talkative...since there is a purpose.

Anyone else like this?

Lakers2877
08-08-2013, 01:41 AM
Was he a hipster or some shit? He's almost 40, he works customer service in a call center and he apparently smokes alot of pot. I've heard the term hipster but I can't say I know much about them.

Lakers2877
08-08-2013, 01:49 AM
I feel bad for OP. He's a normal guy and he's getting flamed about this lol. I think what's more annoying is that he clearly has a condescending attitude (at least from you said). He didn't seem to respond and try to talk..just said no i'm not interested. I hate talking to people where it seems like a chore to get them to say stuff.

At the same time...this is also why I hate hanging out with new people in this sort of talk only environment. It hella sucks. I can't fake it...but in reality I'm not enjoying it. I only really like getting to know new people doing active things (such as playing a sport together, working on a project together, learning a language, taking a class, etc). Just talking is weird..it's all words. Unless it's a girl...it's just odd for me to really do this.

Don't get me wrong..their is a skill to it as well. But usually there is a purpose to the talking. Talking to become acquaintances or friends from the jump is awkward. If I go to a career fair I can be very chatty and talkative...since there is a purpose.

Anyone else like this?
My wife apologized to me after they left lol

For some reason some people in this thread have determined by trying to be friendly and strike up a conversation about a subject most guys I know usually are interested in that is all I know and all I am capable of talking about. Like I just said he works in customer service. I work in real estate and I am a commodities trader. I obviously wasn't going to discuss the precious metal or housing market with him. Lol

It's all good though. I knew when I posted this there would be some clowns who would get ll serious on me. I've been posting here for a few months now. There are some people on here who a wound way too tightly

buddha
08-08-2013, 01:56 AM
I can't stand vegans

maybe you'll get it right in your next life.

buddha
08-08-2013, 01:59 AM
OP, should have talked about game of thrones, that is the best way to get to know people. If they don't know what game of thrones is they aren't worth getting to know.

I'm out of this thread before someone says how Joffrey dies.

Lakers2877
08-08-2013, 03:11 AM
OP, should have talked about game of thrones, that is the best way to get to know people. If they don't know what game of thrones is they aren't worth getting to know.

I'm out of this thread before someone says how Joffrey dies.
That's a great show. I really like it. Although this last season wasn't near as good as the first two. The red wedding was awesome though

I<3NBA
08-08-2013, 03:12 AM
if you're trying to make conversation, the best way to do it is to ask him what his interests are. not start right off with your own interests.

unless you only know two topics, which is meat and sports, then you're ****ed.

flipogb
08-08-2013, 03:14 AM
nothing wrong with you or him OP, some people are just too different to be hanging out.

your best option is to talk about weather , which basically says we have nothing in common and im trying to be nice

Myth
08-08-2013, 12:55 PM
My wife apologized to me after they left lol

For some reason some people in this thread have determined by trying to be friendly and strike up a conversation about a subject most guys I know usually are interested in that is all I know and all I am capable of talking about. Like I just said he works in customer service. I work in real estate and I am a commodities trader. I obviously wasn't going to discuss the precious metal or housing market with him. Lol

It's all good though. I knew when I posted this there would be some clowns who would get ll serious on me. I've been posting here for a few months now. There are some people on here who a wound way too tightly

Your initial post makes it seem like you can't have an intellectual conversation with somebody outside of the topic of sports, which is why you got the responses you received. It seemed like you were trying to find out if others here could relate, and nobody could because everybody else can find simple ways of finding out what the guy is interested in rather than hoping he likes 1 specific topic. In your follow up posts, you elaborated more about the awkwardness of the guy you were with which makes you seem more reasonable. Still, the simplest solution I saw mentioned earlier was ask him a general question about what he is interested in, and then you can easily narrow it down to something more specific that the two of you can talk about. This is a pretty basic way of getting to know somebody.

DukeDelonte13
08-08-2013, 01:26 PM
everybody pretending be such a damn intellectual on here :oldlol:

the bottom line is the number one easiest topic to strike up a conversation with a stranger IMO is sports.

Myth
08-08-2013, 01:40 PM
everybody pretending be such a damn intellectual on here :oldlol:

the bottom line is the number one easiest topic to strike up a conversation with a stranger IMO is sports.

I think the easiest topic is what they do for work.

DCL
08-08-2013, 01:52 PM
let's be real.

the #1 topic of all guy discussions is pusssy.

since both of you were with your wives, obviously that topic wasn't possible.

he probably thought you were a f@g too.

Myth
08-08-2013, 01:54 PM
let's be real.

he probably thought you were a f@g too.

:oldlol:

DukeDelonte13
08-08-2013, 02:00 PM
I think the easiest topic is what they do for work.

that's a good one.

Nowadays with the economy so sh*tty and so many people underemployed or unemployed i don't bring up work unless they bring it up first. I don't wanna offend or embarrass anybody.

rhythmic
08-08-2013, 02:01 PM

Oh burned... :roll:

http://img.tvmag.lefigaro.fr/ImCon/Arti/44905/swat_unite_delite_i.jpg

However, these two guys will agree with you...they too don't trust a man who won't eat a good old fashion hot dog!

FKAri
08-08-2013, 02:55 PM

If you wanna go that route you, then one could argue watching sports is as beta as it gets. Why would an alpha male watch and cheer on OTHER men? flawed logic.

Yes I enjoy sports but I dont expect everyone else to nor do I think less of anyone who doesn't. I agree however, that sports is an easy ice breaker usually.

Overdrive
08-08-2013, 04:41 PM

anybody agree?

Never had that problem, because sports isn't usually a opener for talks with strangers unless its apperent they love basketball or association football.

Vegans, though annoy me from personal experience. If they do it for themselves they are fine most of the time, but some to it to stand on a moral pedestal and those people just suck. Even if they don't admit it they judge you for your archaic behaviour of eating meat. That kills the "groove" of the evening.

Next time talk about the veganism. Feel out if he's a "shove the opinion down the thorat guy" or laid back about it. If the latter show some interest. This should open things up.

Myth
08-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Vegans, though annoy me from personal experience. If they do it for themselves they are fine most of the time, but some to it to stand on a moral pedestal and those people just suck. Even if they don't admit it they judge you for your archaic behaviour of eating meat. That kills the "groove" of the evening.

I'm sometimes confused by moral vegetarians that don't like "the way" animals are killed by big corporations, yet they still won't eat meat even if it is an animal killed the way they said that it should be killed.

Btw, this really should have been in the Off Court Lounge. Just because of a vague mention of sports does not mean it should fit in the NBA forum.

MavsSuperFan
08-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Work on your social skills/become more well rounded if the only thing you can talk about with someone else is sports.

Also lots of people men and women dont care about sports at all. Many of them are extremely intelligent and nice people.

R.I.P.
08-08-2013, 05:52 PM

anybody agree?

Obviously he

50_40_90_
08-08-2013, 08:26 PM
On the flip side...

The dude probably judged OP as well...

And thought he was a knuckle dragging neanderthal douchebag because he watches sports and eats meat - typical meathead aging fratboy who high fives his buddies wearing striped shirts untucked.

fozi
08-08-2013, 08:43 PM
If you cant communicate with him, beat him. lol

I would ignore him and talk with your wife and her friend..

I never force talking with someone who gives a short answer and never asks back.

These days, kindness doesnt work. He would've started talking if you were bit cocky.

Or maybe he was forced to come too, and hated it more than you did lol.

Mr Exlax
08-08-2013, 09:39 PM
[QOTE=DCL]let's be real.

he probably thought you were a f@g too.[/QUOTE]

Or talk about tits. Just check out women passing by. Something like that.

Bucket_Nakedz
08-08-2013, 09:47 PM
need to up your ice breaking convo game bruh. surprisingly op, not all dudes follow sports.