PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone like Friends?

Psycho
08-09-2013, 01:30 AM
What a shit show.

HardwoodLegend
08-09-2013, 01:31 AM
It's funny at times, but they often cue that laugh track on the lamest shit.

macmac
08-09-2013, 01:38 AM
That was a great show in its day. As corny as it may seem now

miller-time
08-09-2013, 01:51 AM
Nah, I was too busy liking this show

http://www.rohitbhargava.com/images/2013/01/IMB_Seinfeld.jpg

kNicKz
08-09-2013, 01:53 AM

Elaine would get it all day/night

Bucket_Nakedz
08-09-2013, 01:55 AM

can't argue with people who say this show was the best of the 90s. it was the little things that made it so funny, and how one thing that happened in one episode will re-appear down the line even funnier. really hurt me when kramer went on his racists rant. he was my favorite, now i can't see the show in the same light.

Is He Ill
08-09-2013, 01:59 AM
I know quite a few women that do.

DuMa
08-09-2013, 02:07 AM
it got tired like in the last 3-4 seasons but yeah it was watchable back in the day.

Bless Mathews
08-09-2013, 02:47 AM
What a shit show.
how you make shit show without the stoars bro?

Bless Mathews
08-09-2013, 02:50 AM
how you make shit show without the stoars bro?
holy shit.

miller-time
08-09-2013, 02:55 AM
really hurt me when kramer went on his racists rant. he was my favorite, now i can't see the show in the same light.

They sort of addressed it in Curb. Michael Richards is not a racist, he just lost it and was trying to hurt the people he was being annoyed by. That word (and associated words) is going straight for the jugular, but it obviously backfired because it was waaaay too far.

Vragrant
08-09-2013, 02:59 AM
can't argue with people who say this show was the best of the 90s. it was the little things that made it so funny, and how one thing that happened in one episode will re-appear down the line even funnier. really hurt me when kramer went on his racists rant. he was my favorite, now i can't see the show in the same light.

Pretty much, and the writing was so creative it in how it would take various bits from different storylines throughout the show and merge them at the end in a set of strange co incidences.

Like when Georges' girlfriend kept seeing him as a nut (catching him washing a strangers' car when he accidentally spilled coffee on it). Then as a favour to Kramer has to wear a retro midevil themed King costume, his girl sees him chillin outside in the costume.

They make eye contact and George runs after her screaming "Its not mine I got it from the institute!" (The theatre George rented it from was called The Institute).

Also Seinfeld had some outrageous bit/side characters like Newman/Banya/Soup Nazi/ etc. The show was so much more colourful compared to Friends. I couldn't watch that show for 10 seconds even its prime, so bland.

Swaggin916
08-09-2013, 03:01 AM
I used to watch it religiously. That, Frasier, Seinfeld, and 3rd Rock from the Sun. Honestly there were a lot more when I was younger... From the old ones like the Andy Griffith Show/I love Lucy/Happy Days to the 80's ones like Cheers and the Wonder Years, etc.

I was a Nick at Nite fiend.

HarryCallahan
08-09-2013, 03:11 AM
They sort of addressed it in Curb. Michael Richards is not a racist, he just lost it and was trying to hurt the people he was being annoyed by. That word (and associated words) is going straight for the jugular, but it obviously backfired because it was waaaay too far.

Was just about to post this.

Friends sucked. Second rate Seinfeld rip-off.

LongLiveTheKing
08-09-2013, 03:59 AM
Friend is ****ing funny. Very good show.

Rake2204
08-09-2013, 08:56 AM
My ex-girlfriend was obsessed with Friends. We even attended a Friends Finale party. I struggled to see the merit in the show itself. Even today, if I see it on TV, there's nothing that really drives me to want to watch it. It's not even one of those lazy, "there's nothing on so I'll settle for this" shows. If it gets to that point, I tend to just turn off the television.

Jailblazers7
08-09-2013, 09:01 AM
It is watchable but Ross' character sucks.

HarryCallahan
08-09-2013, 09:12 AM
It is watchable but Ross' character sucks.

:lol

Ross was the only semi-believable, semi-likable character on that show for me.

Rockets(T-mac)
08-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Definitely funny. And I enjoyed many episodes. It wasn't the most creative of shows, but it had some good funny moments.

DukeDelonte13
08-09-2013, 09:26 AM
never watched one episode. Seinfeld is great through.

HarryCallahan
08-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Did Joey die?

I hope so...

never watched one episode. Seinfeld is great through.

:cheers: :cheers:

Thorpesaurous
08-09-2013, 10:18 AM
It was a decent show, but it really hasn't aged well. And as it went on it didn't age well even at the time. The characters just became more cartoony versions of what they started out as. Ross went from vulnerable to whiney, Chandler went from witty to smart alecky, Joey went from goofy to retarded. And the whole thing sort of lost what it had to me.

But if you have any history with the show at all, I highly recommend Episodes on Starz. Matt LeBlanc plays what I'm guessing is a sort of alternate universe version of Matt LeBlanc, the same guy who played Joey, but looking to get back in the business he takes an ill suited roll on an imported British comedy where he was supposed to be the aged head of a boys academy, but in our american way, we made him the coach of a HS hockey team.

The two British leads are spectacular, and LeBlanc sort of selling all the Hollywood tropes you read about in gossip magazines, he's a drunkard, jerk, womanizing asshole. It's excellent.

n00bie
08-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Show wasn't bad, except for the Ross / Rachel thing.

That shit was so annoying. "We were on a break" "No we weren't". That shit went on way too long. NO ONE CARES.

Zan Tabak
08-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Chicks love friends.

MavsSuperFan
08-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Was just about to post this.

Friends sucked. Second rate Seinfeld rip-off.

Seinfeld was far superior, but how was friends a rip-off? the shows were not similar at all imo

nathanjizzle
08-09-2013, 01:18 PM
i liked friends. especially the love relationships that developed amongst them

Levity
08-09-2013, 02:18 PM
I love me some Matthew Perry.

TheMan
08-09-2013, 02:49 PM

This
I always thought Friends was a chick/gay dude show.

Wang Zhi Zhi
08-09-2013, 11:13 PM
has seinfeld aged well, like is it still funny today? only seen a few episodes and that was years ago, thinking about watching it

MisterAmazing
08-09-2013, 11:22 PM

Seinfeld is the greatest sitcom of all time.

B-Low
08-09-2013, 11:31 PM
has seinfeld aged well, like is it still funny today? only seen a few episodes and that was years ago, thinking about watching it

I've been watching it lately on TBS (like 6:30, 7 and 7:30pm). Still funny as ever. The main thing that lets a show age well is when they dont try to be overly "modern" during their time on the air. Seinfeld didn't have overuse of slang, overemphasis on technology or fashion, so you can look back on it 20 years later and its still entertaining. It was just funny

One of my favorites was on the other day. The Library cop one

Goldrush25
08-09-2013, 11:40 PM
Friends is second rate. I guess it was popular because it was full of good looking people who were marginally humorous. Good looking people say something half funny and the majority think they're hilarious.

Seinfeld had a novel premise that worked perfectly, up until about the 6th season or so where the main cast became caricatures of themselves. George became super neurotic, shouting all the time, Elane became a huge bitch and Kramer became a borderline retard. Jerry Stiller, Wayne Knight, and a few of the other recurring characters was a huge reason that show was able to sustain itself.

And Seinfeld is still funny today, again, at least up until about the 6th or 7th season. After that they'd have good episodes here and there, but some of them were over the top. In seasons 1-5 nearly all of the episodes were funny.

iamgine
08-10-2013, 12:08 AM
Friends...you need to watch from the first episode cause a lot of the jokes are continuous jokes that you won't get unless you know the reference and the characters' personalities. I used to think it was a "gay show" before ever watching it. Now I love it.

Wang Zhi Zhi
08-10-2013, 12:15 AM
I've been watching it lately on TBS (like 6:30, 7 and 7:30pm). Still funny as ever. The main thing that lets a show age well is when they dont try to be overly "modern" during their time on the air. Seinfeld didn't have overuse of slang, overemphasis on technology or fashion, so you can look back on it 20 years later and its still entertaining. It was just funny

One of my favorites was on the other day. The Library cop one

ok thanks, will torrent :cheers:

gigantes
01-25-2015, 10:31 AM
http://img.izismile.com/img/img8/20150124/640/daily_picdump_1721_640_41.jpg

L.Kizzle
01-25-2015, 10:51 AM
I tried to watch Freinds, Caroline in the City and another popular show back then. They were all dry ass hell.

enayes
01-25-2015, 11:09 AM
My girlfriend has been watching them on Netflix, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed watching some of the episodes.

I liked the show back in the day but always preferred Seinfeld and King of Queens.

I enjoy Friends but I won't be watching them on Netflix on my own.

gigantes
01-25-2015, 11:22 AM
jesus, i don't think i could stomach a relationship that involved watching friends on a regular basis. i suppose if she was fantastic in other ways i could make the sacrifice, but shit... i'd rather just have them go in and remove parts of my brain and call it a day.

last relationship, she made me watch the princess bride. at least that was just one movie and when it was over, we didn't have to watch it again.

n00bie
01-25-2015, 11:27 AM
Seinfeld is the greatest sitcom of all time.

Could never watch a whole episode. Their voices were too annoying.