PDA

View Full Version : Suns releasing Michael Beasley next week

Jameerthefear
08-09-2013, 06:12 PM
http://arizonasports.com/60/1654307/Gambo-Beasleys-time-with-Suns-will-be-over-soon
:roll:

TheReal Kendall
08-09-2013, 06:14 PM
http://arizonasports.com/60/1654307/Gambo-Beasleys-time-with-Suns-will-be-over-soon
:roll:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/hillary.gif

LosScandalous
08-09-2013, 06:15 PM
LAKERS! blaze all you want here bruh bruh :pimp:

Levity
08-09-2013, 06:16 PM
he'll still find a new team to call home. and i know hes a headache in most scenarios, but id give him a chance with the Lakers. Management wanted him two seasons ago, but the wolves didnt want to part with him for what we offered. as they say... the 4th times a charm.

major downside? theres soooo much accessible weed and wax in so cal, that he'd probably never come down from a high

JimmyMcAdocious
08-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Can anyone post their depth chart?

Jameerthefear
08-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Who do you guys think picks him up?

Levity
08-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Who do you guys think picks him up?

the lakers

maaaaaybe houston.

hawkfan
08-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Lakers.

andremiller07
08-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Could Mavs pick him up, they took a chance on West not to long ago and it did back fire but still wonder if its a possibility.

Fresh Kid
08-09-2013, 06:24 PM
I wonder who will pick him up. He definitely has great potential and could help a playoff team if he straightens up and be all he can be.

ihatetimthomas
08-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Could Mavs pick him up, they took a chance on West not to long ago and it did back fire but still wonder if its a possibility.

Mavs, Lakers seem to be 2 solid choices. They need scoring and he would be a one year rental. The guy can still ball, maybe playing with vets like Kobe or Dirk can get him in check.

Jameerthefear
08-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Contract is 6 mil

KyleKong
08-09-2013, 06:26 PM
http://dosebot.net/images/uploads/2012/06/Who-cares-what-the-doc-says2.gif

COnDEMnED
08-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Come to the Lakers, if for nothing else, so I can be entertained this season. 1 year rental, I'd like to see how he does as a starter for D'Antoni...plus he's a better option than Odom (at this point), right?

Shade8780
08-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Maybe those teams that wanted Beasley last season have changed their mind with him after his crappy season with the Suns. Hopefully, no team attempts to sign him and he plays in Europe for a year just to get his head back on straight.

Nastradamus
08-09-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm thinking Bobcats. They could use a little scoring punch at the 3, off the bench. He'd complement MKG and Henderson. Why not if you're them?

ihatetimthomas
08-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Contract is 6 mil

his contract is guaranteed 6 mil this year, but the next year is only partially guaranteed at 3 mil. So 9 mil total owed.

hawkfan
08-09-2013, 06:30 PM
Nets.

ihatetimthomas
08-09-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm thinking Bobcats. They could use a little scoring punch at the 3, off the bench. He'd complement MKG and Henderson. Why not if you're them?

Do you really want a guy who has been very unprofessional his entire career in one of the youngest locker rooms in the league?

rivers to gates
08-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Bust

Shade8780
08-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Mavs, Lakers seem to be 2 solid choices. They need scoring and he would be a one year rental. The guy can still ball, maybe playing with vets like Kobe or Dirk can get him in check.
Really? People literally say this every season. How can y'all still give Beasley another chance?! Dude's a headcase, and will be one for the rest of his short career. I would love if he ended up like Z-Bo and grew out of this but I doubt it happens. He needs to play in Europe or China for a year to humble him.

JimmyMcAdocious
08-09-2013, 06:32 PM

Culture? I think they are trying to avoid potential bad character players. The way they draft sure seems like it.

Shade8780
08-09-2013, 06:34 PM
The article sums Beasley up pretty well:

The sad part about it, and trust me, I don't feel sorry for that bum Beasley, but the Suns organization went above and beyond to help him get his life and career on track. They hired him a life coach last season, got him mentoring and counseling. They put a tremendous amount of time and effort into helping him, and Beasley just basically spat in their face.

Shouldn't be playing in the NBA.

boozehound
08-09-2013, 06:34 PM
arent you still paying hm 6 mil per this season and next?

ihatetimthomas
08-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Really? People literally say this every season. How can y'all still give Beasley another chance?! Dude's a headcase, and will be one for the rest of his short career. I would love if he ended up like Z-Bo and grew out of this but I doubt it happens. He needs to play in Europe or China for a year to humble him.

You might be right. Maybe not being offered up a deal in the NBA gets him in check. But for a team like the Lakers, not much risk imo. They are playing out this year and then rebuilding. No strings attached. He acts up, you waive him.

boozehound
08-09-2013, 06:35 PM
pretty sure zbo and 80% of nba players still smoke.

ihatetimthomas
08-09-2013, 06:36 PM

6 mil this year, 3 mil next

Inferno
08-09-2013, 06:38 PM
I'd like to see Kobe mentor him and instill the mamba mentality into him. :bowdown:

TheReal Kendall
08-09-2013, 06:39 PM

He's of my team though.:rockon:

andremiller07
08-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Damn I forgot Kings needed a SF, him and DMC can mentor each other cause two negatives make a positive right?:no: Probably to big a risk at this point which is a shame. I'm almost certain someone will get him though, I would really like if he went to the Mavs or even the Grizzlies if they can afford him.

Crown&Coke
08-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Don't the mavs got 15 players under contract already?

I hope he goes to the Spurs (if he don't go the the Lakers). He needs a tough love type coach like Pop. And who knows, maybe Beas and Pop can exchange the budda for wine? Both can become more cultured

Lakers have had a SuperCoolBeas hard on for years now

Jameerthefear
Damn I forgot Kings needed a SF, him and DMC can mentor each other cause two negatives make a positive right?:no: Probably to big a risk at this point which is a shame. I'm almost certain someone will get him though, I would really like if he went to the Mavs or even the Grizzlies if they can afford him.
Yeah the two of them together would be bad.

Shade8780
:facepalm

They didn't release him because he smokes. They released him because he's a dumbass-chucker who must have half his brain turned off. He's also a terrible teammate.

lakerspng
Marijuana possession is not much of a crime. Pretty lame, but rules are rules I guess.

Lakers could use him, maybe the veterans on this team can work some sense into him. If nothing else, he won't be arrested for having weed here.

boozehound
08-09-2013, 06:44 PM
:facepalm

They didn't release him because he smokes. They released him because he's a dumbass-chucker who must have half his brain turned off. He's also a terrible teammate.
they released him because he was caught with weed. Yes, there are underlying issues, but this arrest will be the cited reason

Jameerthefear
08-09-2013, 06:47 PM
they released him because he was caught with weed. Yes, there are underlying issues, but this arrest will be the cited reason
They wouldn't have released him if he was a good player...

boozehound
08-09-2013, 06:48 PM
They wouldn't have released him if he was a good player...
Right. I dont disagree.

Shade8780
08-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Marijuana possession is not much of a crime. Pretty lame, but rules are rules I guess.

Lakers could use him, maybe the veterans on this team can work some sense into him. If nothing else, he won't be arrested for having weed here.
Just like Dwyane Wade, Kevin Love, Shawn Marion, Jermaine O'Neal, Nikola Pekovic, Marcin Gortat, Luis Scola and Goran Dragic were able to? He's dumb as shit, deal with it.

Shade8780
08-09-2013, 06:53 PM
This was more like the last straw. They already wanted to get rid of him. They were looking for trades to get rid of him but now since he got caught with weed, they're pretty much forced to waive him.

longtime lurker
08-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Lol Michael Beasley in LA? The land of kush lol I don't see how this could possibly go wrong. That being said I'd like to see the Lakers take a chance on him. They literally have nothing to lose.

DuMa
08-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Denver pick him up.

lakerspng
08-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Just like Dwyane Wade, Kevin Love, Shawn Marion, Jermaine O'Neal, Nikola Pekovic, Marcin Gortat, Luis Scola and Goran Dragic were able to? He's dumb as shit, deal with it.

Those guys aren't veteran leaders in the same vein as Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol, come on. Dwayne Wade is the only one who's close and even he was still a fairly young player when he played with Beasley.

Shade8780
08-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Those guys aren't veteran leaders in the same vein as Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol, come on. Dwayne Wade is the only one who's close and even he was still a fairly young player when he played with Beasley.
If the Lakers sign him, I can guarantee you that next year people will be saying "look at how Nash, Kobe and Gasol couldn't fix him".

andremiller07
08-09-2013, 07:15 PM
If the Lakers sign him, I can guarantee you that next year people will be saying "look at how Nash, Kobe and Gasol couldn't fix him".
It's a low risk high reward situation so why not do it?

longtime lurker
08-09-2013, 07:27 PM

This is true. Seems like Beasley is just one of those guys that will never "get it". Second coming of JR Rider on the Lakers.

COnDEMnED
08-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Most everyone will probably be gone next year. If for no other reason, we get to test him on the Lakers when we weren't going anywhere anyways. Better than testing things out on a contender.

Jameerthefear
08-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Or even more likely on ISH: "Kobe turned Beasley into a scrub!"

Fiasco
08-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Beasley is in a category of his own: all risk, no reward.

Can't imagine any team in North America gives this guy another chance. He seriously needs to clean up his act on and off the court.

If he does he could be a solid player on a playoff team but this is what we've been saying about him for years now.

IncarceratedBob
08-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Would be a great pickup the Lakers

Great soccer, solid defender, mental issues but Kobe has proven time and time again he can take crazy teammates and help them..

MWP was crazy, then he played with Kobe
Pau was soft, then he played with Kobe

scm5
08-09-2013, 07:55 PM
The Lakers would be a good destination for him...

IF we still had Phil Jackson as our head coach.

Jameerthefear
08-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Would be a great pickup the Lakers

Great soccer, solid defender, mental issues but Kobe has proven time and time again he can take crazy teammates and help them..

MWP was crazy, then he played with Kobe
Pau was crazy, then he played with Kobe
Since when was Pau crazy?

IncarceratedBob
08-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Since when was Pau crazy?
I meant Pau was soft

Then he played with Kobe

daily
08-09-2013, 08:13 PM
I doubt the Lakers pick him up, they already have 13 under contract for this season and they typically like to go into the season light in case they need to add another body later.

Nash
08-09-2013, 08:15 PM
He won't sign for the minimum. Some team will pay him and hope he finally matures.

COnDEMnED
08-09-2013, 08:16 PM
I doubt the Lakers pick him up, they already have 13 under contract for this season and they typically like to go into the season light in case they need to add another body later.
14 under contract still leaves 1 roster spot cushion, correct? 15 total..

COnDEMnED
08-09-2013, 08:17 PM
He won't sign for the minimum. Some team will pay him and hope he finally matures.
He might, since he's wanted to be on the Lakers for quite some time.

Nash
08-09-2013, 08:18 PM
He might, since he's wanted to be on the Lakers for quite some time.
Maybe they will, but you think they can pay him? And what about their luxury tax?

jzek
08-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Welcome back to Miami?

Jameerthefear
08-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Welcome back to Miami?
they can't

B-Easy8
08-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Maybe this cant happen due to salaries so correct me if im wrong but what about the Thunder?

His best friend is Durant and the Thunder have no bench to speak of anyway.

NBASTATMAN
08-09-2013, 09:43 PM
This kid can score. Someone going to pick him up..

coin24
08-09-2013, 09:46 PM
Been wanting to see supercool beas on the lakers for ages..
Get it done mitch:rockon:

Flash31
08-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Mia could use a versatile big

Itll be something to see him back on the Heat

He can still score,and on Mia would be wide open
and Mia might bring him into shape,teach defense

If he wants to redeem himself

then again,Mia dont play with drug posession and Riley is strict
and out west,the grass is good and legal

5 yrs in the league and he hasnt changed

Flash31
08-09-2013, 10:59 PM

ZBo has matured and isnt an obnoxious,chucking,bad teammate anymore

Beasley plays high
and has the mentality of Monta Ellis and JR Smith
and shoots like them too

When youre consistently getting busted for drug posession,have an extremely lazy work ethic,play under influence of deugs,constantly stoned,and are a horrible teammate
and youve been given chance after chance

He was playing under Wade,Haslem,Riley,Mourning

and they couldnt keep him straight
then
under Nash,had way more freedom and opportunities

nope
its been over 5 yrs now

If he straightens up hell be a good,solid player
but if not teams wont want him

brings too much baggage and negative publicity along with a poor work ethic

Fudge
08-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Somebody else said it, but I'd welcome him on OKC. Him and Durant are really close, maybe he could get his head on right.

There would probably be no connections for good kush down in Oklahoma too, that'll help.

Inferno
08-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Somebody else said it, but I'd welcome him on OKC. Him and Durant are really close, maybe he could get his head on right.

There would probably be no connections for good kush down in Oklahoma too, that'll help.

Yeah, maybe Durant can help him get his head straight.

DCL
08-10-2013, 12:03 AM
he may have baggage but hes too good to not get employed soon. you know his agent is already busy with phone calls. all the journalist saying he'll be outta the league forever are kinda retarded.

Funnyfuka
08-10-2013, 02:38 AM
I wonder who will pick him up. He definitely has great potential and could help a playoff team if he straightens up and be all he can be.

http://izklop.com/_att/19447-1323370853564.jpg

Funnyfuka
08-10-2013, 02:47 AM
he s not dumb, he s a multi millionaire, that makes him smarter than you somehow. He simply doesnt care about the nba, all he cares about is money. Let s hope he doesnt waste it all tho.

BoutPractice
08-10-2013, 03:02 AM
On the one hand, the Mavs have a decent track record with what they call "fallen angels", making something out of talented players other teams have given up on. On the other... Michael Beasley? The guy's probably beyond redemption by now.

SpurrDurr
08-10-2013, 03:42 AM
LOL @ people saying is talented as an excuse for giving him another chance.

The only talent i see in him is rolling joints. And once a year dropping 27 pts on the Lakers, that's why many LA fans want him on their team.

hawkfan
08-10-2013, 04:20 AM
He can come to the Hawks.
He's more athletic than Korver and a better scorer than Carroll.
Plus we lost Stevenson and I.Johnson, so we need a crazy dude.

hawkfan
08-10-2013, 04:21 AM
The Suns are paying Beasley 6 million and Childress 6 million, and neither is on the team.

Superb cap management.

OmniStrife
08-10-2013, 05:03 AM
Oh well, I think Wiggins will fit better that SF spot on our team anyways...

sportjames23
08-10-2013, 05:09 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Shade8780
08-10-2013, 05:35 AM
he s not dumb, he s a multi millionaire, that makes him smarter than you somehow. He simply doesnt care about the nba, all he cares about is money. Let s hope he doesnt waste it all tho.
You think he's a millionaire because of his smarts?! :lol :facepalm

The only reason he's rich is because of his basketball skills. Miami didn't draft him because he was a smart guy, they drafted him because he had a lot of potential and could've been a star in this league. Look at Charles Barkley. He's one of the greatest players in NBA history and back in a TNT segment years ago, he couldn't tell where any country apart from USA was on a map.

wagexslave
08-10-2013, 05:37 AM
Is this real life?!?!?! YES! :cheers: :banana: :applause:

Nick Young
08-10-2013, 06:03 AM
Young Sushi+Super Cool Beas+Gasol+Kaman+Mamba+Jordan "Euroleague MVP Farmar+Steve Nash

holy shit WE STACKED:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Fudge
08-10-2013, 11:01 AM
LOL @ people saying is talented as an excuse for giving him another chance.

The only talent i see in him is rolling joints. And once a year dropping 27 pts on the Lakers, that's why many LA fans want him on their team.
Well, he is. He's just as dumb as a rock.

Fresh Kid
08-10-2013, 11:07 AM
http://izklop.com/_att/19447-1323370853564.jpg
What I say wrong? So you're telling me that Beasley doesn't have potential?