PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Olynyk 100% ROY

EricGordon23
08-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Are we really going to act like Kelly Olynyk isn't going to win the ROY. His post moves are better than 90 percent of the centers already in the league. He can run the floor and that shooting touch! Him and rondo will be an amazing Tandem. I know his defense is a little weak but I am sure he will improve over the next few years.

Ish who would you compare his game to?

WayOfWade
08-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Trey Burke All-Day.

Budadiiii
08-10-2013, 12:05 AM
bookmarked.

Bust on deck, patron on ice

EricGordon23
08-10-2013, 12:08 AM
bookmarked.

Awesome contribution to the thread.

Fudge
08-10-2013, 12:10 AM
A bigger Luis Scola. Probably might be even better.

russwest0
08-10-2013, 12:10 AM
If he was so good then why didn't OKC draft him? They've made pretty much the correct pick with every draft pick since taking KD.

Dude isn't strong enough to bang in the post. Many PG's put up more reps than the guy. He has a short wingspan. Is a bad defender. With his lack of athleticism he's not going to have much success unless he can perfect his footwork and develop a Dirk like one footer to compensate for that.

Just too many question marks with him. Steven Adams will be a boss in 2-3 years. 10/10/2 type of guy

The JKidd Kid
08-10-2013, 12:12 AM
I think he could be a great 3rd option playing off of a scoring wing and a decent PG.

kNicKz
08-10-2013, 12:16 AM

:roll:

JimmyMcAdocious
08-10-2013, 12:21 AM
The answer is Cody Zeller.

And as far as who Olynyk compares to, probably some tall white guy because he's a tall white guy.

EricGordon23
08-10-2013, 12:21 AM
If he was so good then why didn't OKC draft him? They've made pretty much the correct pick with every draft pick since taking KD.

Dude isn't strong enough to bang in the post. Many PG's put up more reps than the guy. He has a short wingspan. Is a bad defender. With his lack of athleticism he's not going to have much success unless he can perfect his footwork and develop a Dirk like one footer to compensate for that.

Just too many question marks with him. Steven Adams will be a boss in 2-3 years. 12/10/2 type of guy

Don't get me wrong I do think his athleticism is weak. His footwork isn't perfect but It's better than the majority of centers in the NBA. He's also going to be able to take majority of them off the dribble. His defence is bad but I am sure he will adapt and find a way to compete. Will go back to this thread in a few years and see who is better between them and Steven Adams

Fudge
08-10-2013, 12:24 AM
Reminds me of Chris Kaman when he was on the Clips. Kind of. Just with a better jump shot. And because they're white.

#number6ix#
08-10-2013, 12:34 AM
Dude's nice ill think he'll win it also... If not he'll at least be in the top 3 in consideration

Twiens
08-10-2013, 12:41 AM

Just too many question marks with him. Steven Adams will be a boss in 2-3 years. 10/10/2 type of guy

LOL Olynyk > Adams by a mile, OKc ****ed up

EricGordon23
08-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Dude's nice ill think he'll win it also... If not he'll at least be in the top 3 in consideration

I think it's between him and Mclemore

andremiller07
08-10-2013, 12:50 AM
I think it's between him and Mclemore
McLemore has no shot, Thornton will play the majority of min's at SG and he will have a hard time if he has to play SF. He will have big games but he won't be anywhere near consistent in terms of playing time and production like Zeller/Kelly and some others imo.

EricGordon23
08-10-2013, 12:53 AM
McLemore has no shot, Thornton will play the majority of min's at SG and he will have a hard time if he has to play SF. He will have big games but he won't be anywhere near consistent in terms of playing time and production like Zeller/Kelly and some others imo.

Totally forgot about Thornton. Didn't get to see much of zeller so I don't have an opinion on him.

andremiller07
08-10-2013, 12:56 AM
Totally forgot about Thornton. Didn't get to see much of zeller so I don't have an opinion on him.
I just assume Zeller since his competition @PF/C is Bismak Biyombo which is basically no competition at all. So I suspect he should see plenty of time playing next to Al and when Big Al is off the floor as well.

JohnnySic
08-10-2013, 06:52 AM
I hope so. :D

Shade8780
08-10-2013, 06:58 AM
I agree :banana:

Shade8780
08-10-2013, 07:00 AM

Weren't OKC planning to trade for Cole Aldrich back in 2010 thinking he could be a good starter for them in the future? Look at him now, he's a ****ing scrub.

Thorpesaurous
08-10-2013, 07:13 AM
Olynek will fall into the long line of big white guy floor stretchers, like Bill Wennington and Bill Lambier. Even Kevin Love, who's pretty much those guys, plus a massive rebounder.

He'll be a better defender than people think. He's got a notion of where to to be defensively, he just won't be able to physically get there all the time because his feet will just never be quite quick enough, and in spite of his height, he isn't quite long enough to make up for the quickness gap. But he'll be fine down there.

He'll be a great pick and pop option because he sets a good screen. And he'll be deceptively taking guys off the bounce because people will have to come at him because of the jumper. He's craftier around the basket than one might think too.
My guess is he'll be the type of guy who looks like an all star for a week, then everyone will hate for a week. Because he's so reliant on the jumper, which even for the best, can be a bit fickle. And when it doesn't fall, his off the bounce game will suffer terribly. And while he'll be good on the block because he's diverse, he's not going to be terribly consistent there either, because he won't be able to just physically impose himself that often. Those crafty type of games can be a little fickle too.

Adams I couldn't stand. I saw him a couple times at Pitt and just didn't get it at all. You can be as fast as you want, but if your head is a second slow, it'll never matter. Whatever physical advantages he has will be washed away by just not knowing the game, and I'm not sure it's possible to learn the more nuanced parts of it once your past a certain stage in your development.

SpurrDurr
08-10-2013, 07:15 AM
Oladipo will be the ROY imho.

Nick Young
08-10-2013, 07:20 AM
he has planar fascitis, rookie year he will not be so good

dr.hee
08-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Oladipo will be the ROY imho.

Agree. But Olynik looks incredibly polished for his age. If he can add at least a bit of athleticism, he'll be a very good player. Could see him turning into maybe something like a 15/8 sidekick to an athletic guard first option.

FreezingTsmoove
08-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Lol who cant bust out post moves against summer league players? Lets see what happens when he tries that shit against Tyson Chandler, or Ibaka, Jordan, etc

FreezingTsmoove
08-10-2013, 08:37 AM
:oldlol: I just realized the celtics are gonna have Kelly Olynyk as their defensive anchor :oldlol:

Lols and posters will be had

DukeDelonte13
08-10-2013, 09:10 AM
it's wide open. I lean more towards a guard getting it than a big. Maybe Oladipo or Mclemore.

salwan
08-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Im a big Olynyk fan, hopefully he will have a nice solid rookie season with plenty of minutes and development. I dont expect him to win ROY

Shade8780
08-10-2013, 10:51 AM
:oldlol: I just realized the celtics are gonna have Kelly Olynyk as their defensive anchor :oldlol:

Lols and posters will be had
Lols and posters will be had when we get Andrew Wiggins.

ProfessorMurder
08-10-2013, 02:56 PM
He'll average like 15/6. That Celtics roster has so many holes and needs scoring, so he'll get a lot of touches.

People were hating on this pick (I'm looking at you Shade!), but he'll be very solid and better than Bass once he gets in the swing of things.

Obviously he's a finesse guy, should play the 4 but Ainge won't pick up any legit centers so he'll get abused by some real bigs.

He has some of the best footwork of any rookie big right now.

Shade8780
08-10-2013, 02:59 PM
He'll average like 15/6. That Celtics roster has so many holes and needs scoring, so he'll get a lot of touches.

People were hating on this pick (I'm looking at you Shade!), but he'll be very solid and better than Bass once he gets in the swing of things.

Obviously he's a finesse guy, should play the 4 but Ainge won't pick up any legit centers so he'll get abused by some real bigs.

I must've hit my head on something that day http://www.chatslang.com/images/shortcuts/yahoo_messenger/worried.gif .................

Flush
08-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Oladipo for me looks like a better ROY candidate.

CelticBaller
08-10-2013, 04:05 PM
I hate the pick, I don't see anything that could make him stand out. If he wins ROY ill be surprised

The JKidd Kid
08-10-2013, 04:07 PM
I hate the pick, I don't see anything that could make him stand out. If he wins ROY ill be surprised

I think it's a decent pick, who else would you have taken that has as much potential as Olynyk?

Fiasco
08-10-2013, 04:39 PM

Is this really saying much?

FreezingTsmoove
08-10-2013, 04:45 PM
I think it's a decent pick, who else would you have taken that has as much potential as Olynyk?

Dennis Shroader the german Rondo

EricGordon23
08-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Is this really saying much?

Name some Centers in the NBA that has better footwork than olynyk

ballup
08-10-2013, 05:55 PM
I don't think he will be ROY because he wont be the go to guy on the team. Hell, doubt he's a staple.

BlackWhiteGreen
08-10-2013, 06:17 PM
I don't think he will be ROY because he wont be the go to guy on the team. Hell, doubt he's a staple.

Not sure who gets more touches than him apart from Green and Rondo? Sully maybe... Not ROY though

ballup
08-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Not sure who gets more touches than him apart from Green and Rondo? Sully maybe... Not ROY though
Hump will if he stays on the team. Maybe even Brooks.

EricGordon23
08-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Hump will if he stays on the team. Maybe even Brooks.

I really think your down playing his offensive skill

ballup
08-10-2013, 06:42 PM
I really think your down playing his offensive skill
Not really. With more veteran teammates, he's not as likely to get the ball as often as a ROY would.

WolfGang
08-10-2013, 07:00 PM
If he can get enough minutes then he has a strong chance.

If Ben Mcnugget averages 18-20pts, 5-6asts, and 5-6rebs then he is going to win it automatically. For some reason we are in love with rookies that can put up those numbers.

I think Olidipo is a favorite to win it.

ILLsmak
08-10-2013, 10:44 PM
If he can get enough minutes then he has a strong chance.

If Ben Mcnugget averages 18-20pts, 5-6asts, and 5-6rebs then he is going to win it automatically. For some reason we are in love with rookies that can put up those numbers.

I think Olidipo is a favorite to win it.

well yea cuz to put up 20 6 6 you are a beast rookie. The only thing that would beat that is a 20 10 guy but 20 10 has become very rare.

-Smak

JtotheIzzo
08-11-2013, 01:21 AM
AB is gonna win rookie of the year.

jdm_dc_fan
08-11-2013, 03:21 AM
If only d12, djordan, chandler and javele had half the foot work an Shot Kelly has. He won't win roy but if it were among rookie bigs my guess would be him.

JerryWest
08-11-2013, 05:12 AM
I'm going with Victor, Olynyk winning ROY will depend on his minutes and if he will play pf/c

EricGordon23
11-14-2013, 12:11 AM
Olynyk needs Rondo!

salwan
01-26-2014, 08:30 PM
how do you rate him after half a season?
did your opinion of him change?

veilside23
01-31-2014, 04:07 AM
its MCW .. but olynyk will be fine... dude has a refined offensive game if d12 has his offensive moves d12 will be average 40 / 20 a game damn..

salwan
03-09-2014, 06:56 PM
he's starting to look better. he plays more aggressive in the last few weeks.

JohnnySic
03-12-2014, 10:09 AM
Very good pick where they got him.

BrainDead
04-18-2014, 01:38 AM
Yeah right