PDA

View Full Version : No Tippin Pippen

Pages : [1] 2

greymatter
08-10-2013, 12:10 PM
That is his nickname amongst the waiting staff at Chicago area bars/restaurants.

It's somewhat of a surprise that he never received more exposure on those occasional worst celebrity tippers that pop up every now and then. Probably because he's a small fish compared to the likes of Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Lebron, etc.

http://chicago.grubstreet.com/2011/03/dont_wait_tables_on_no_tippen.html

greymatter
08-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Yet another reason why Sir Charles is an awesome guy:

[quote]The Stained Apron, which documents the

VIntageNOvel
08-10-2013, 12:20 PM
That is his nickname amongst the waiting staff at Chicago area bars/restaurants.

It's somewhat of a surprise that he never received more exposure on those occasional worst celebrity tippers that pop up every now and then. Probably because he's a small fish compared to the likes of Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Lebron, etc.

last time i heard, pippen was goin bankrupt, so he is now famous but poor

dirkdiggler41
08-10-2013, 12:23 PM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/enJwYaeolXc/hqdefault.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ

greymatter
08-10-2013, 12:24 PM

Well, that's karma coming back to bite him in the ass. He hardly tipped when he still had plenty of money in his playing days.

MavsSuperFan
08-10-2013, 12:35 PM
How did he lose that much money?

kshutts1
08-10-2013, 12:42 PM

Are there other examples of Pippen's poor tipping? A $25 tip, even if only 3%, is not that bad of a tip. A lot of factors are at play... did he/they get a few incredibly expensive items (large tip is not necessary, IMO, on a low item order) or was it a lot of smaller items (in which case his tip truly is poor)?

I deliver for Domino's, and if someone orders three pizzas that total $60 (not using a deal/coupon) I am OK with that customer tipping less than a $60 order that included 8-10 pizzas. In the first scenario, while the dollar amount is the same, the amount of work/trouble that I do is significantly lessened.

SamuraiSWISH
08-10-2013, 02:17 PM
He's an absolutely horrendous tipper. Common knowledge in Chicago. So is LeBron via people I know in the industry who have served him at Mortons downtown. Apparently he also asks for his food to be cut up for him too, like a mother would a small child. Such a diva.

Scholar
08-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Umm... $25 on an $800 bill isn't much, but it's still plenty for the person being tipped. "Oh, no! He only gave $25, which is more than what most of these people will give me! F*ck him then. I'm making a big deal about Pippen because he's famous!"

Idk why restaurants make a big deal about tipping. So on top of paying for your expensive as hell food, I am going to be labeled an asshole for not tipping you? Ok. All the hell you did was bring my food to the table. It's not like a pizza place that delivers food. Nobody in the restaurant went through any trouble to deliver shit. Gtfo here with that.

buddha
08-10-2013, 03:54 PM
****ing servants bitching about tips.. get a real job if you want real money you subservient prima donnas.. can't wait till robots replace you and I don't have to tip your small talkin' bitch-made asses anymore.

Fiasco
08-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Idk why restaurants make a big deal about tipping. So on top of paying for your expensive as hell food, I am going to be labeled an asshole for not tipping you? Ok. All the hell you did was bring my food to the table. It's not like a pizza place that delivers food. Nobody in the restaurant went through any trouble to deliver shit. Gtfo here with that.

They wait on you until you leave. If you don't want to pay someone to prepare your food, bring it to you and see if you need anything else (refills) for your entire meal I suggest you eat at home.

ihatetimthomas
08-10-2013, 04:57 PM

Well..yes..you are considered a asshole. If you dont want to tip, then dont go out to eat. This is just the way it is. You tip when you go out to eat. You may not like it, but if you dont want to tip or cant afford it, then just eat at home. I hate you guys who complain about tipping. Its not like this happened over night. Tipping has always been the norm.

gigantes
08-10-2013, 04:57 PM
They wait on you until you leave. If you don't want to pay someone to prepare your food, bring it to you and see if you need anything else (refills) for your entire meal I suggest you eat at home.
i don

NumberSix
08-10-2013, 04:59 PM
He's an absolutely horrendous tipper. Common knowledge in Chicago. So is LeBron via people I know in the industry who have served him at Mortons downtown. Apparently he also asks for his food to be cut up for him too, like a mother would a small child. Such a diva.
Really?:roll:

That's pure bitch-sauce.

imdaman99
08-10-2013, 05:03 PM

That's pure bitch-sauce.
lets be real, you would be more than happy to cut up lebrons food for him :oldlol:

SamuraiSWISH
08-10-2013, 05:06 PM

That's pure bitch-sauce.
That's what I've heard, yes.

Kblaze8855
08-10-2013, 05:14 PM
There have been few meals i thought justified a tip. I do it because its expected....but its a joke really.

Pouring tea is not a hard job. You have to smile and walk around.....how awful.

greymatter
08-10-2013, 05:16 PM

What a lot of idiots don't understand is that waiters generally don't get paid minimum wage. They make almost all their money on tips. They also have to tip out to the kitchen staff and/or the bar if alcohol is ordered. Typically something around 2 or 3 %.

I've no doubts that Pip has ingested his fair share of head cheese, spit, pubes, etc.

Scholar
08-10-2013, 05:29 PM

Oh, how sad. They walk around asking everyone if they're enjoying their meal, bring a jug of water or whatever nasty soda people love, and refill cups.

It's not the same as delivering meals from a pizza place or the like. In that case, the person is going out of his/her way to drive to a person's house to give them the fattening food they ordered, putting miles on their car, having to pay for maintenance out-of-pocket to ensure their car runs in order to keep that job. Those people deserve tips. Not the person standing off to the side in a restaurant, askin people if they're enjoying their meals.

I bitch about it, but I do always give tips whenever I eat at a restaurant.

There have been few meals i thought justified a tip. I do it because its expected....but its a joke really.

Pouring tea is not a hard job. You have to smile and walk around.....how awful.

This.

NumberSix
08-10-2013, 05:37 PM
What a lot of idiots don't understand is that waiters generally don't get paid minimum wage. They make almost all their money on tips. They also have to tip out to the kitchen staff and/or the bar if alcohol is ordered. Typically something around 2 or 3 %.

I've no doubts that Pip has ingested his fair share of head cheese, spit, pubes, etc.
I think you think "head cheese" means something different than what it means.

SamuraiSWISH
08-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Why should you have to pay somebody extra to do their job? A job they chose for themselves. Would you tip a guy at an electronics store or the checkout lady at the grocery store? Probably not. If you buy a new car, would you tip the salesperson? Doubt it. Why is this one industry different? I'll tell you why. Because groups like restaurant accociations have fooled you into thinking its acceptable for them to pay their employees pennies. Now you feel like you have to pay somebody to do their job even though that should be their employers responsibility.

Your focusing on the wrong thing. You should be mad at the scumbags who lobby for it to be legal to not pay their employees and forcibly shifting the burden onto their customers. I wouldn't need to tip my waitress if her employer wasn't a scumbag who didn't want to pay her a denect wage.
No, the amount you give someone who serves you is a direct reflection of how well you feel they served you or made the experience enjoyable for you. That's why.

So you mean to tell me you don't tip anyone when you go out to eat? You take a lady out, and leave the tip line blank? You're that guy? Do you write on the bill for someone who is trying to earn a living that "hey, you picked the wrong place to work, I don't feel I have to compensate you for your personalize services" ...

You're that guy?

sportjames23
08-10-2013, 05:53 PM
lets be real, you would be more than happy to cut up lebrons food for him :oldlol:

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

He'd wash Lebron's balls if Bron let him. Matter fact, I'm sure he does.

flipogb
08-10-2013, 05:56 PM
I don't tip beyond $3 , people in other countries make that much for a whole days work. thats more than enough.

as someone who lives in Cali I really don't understand why we have to, the servers at least get minimum wage here

Fresh Kid
08-10-2013, 06:02 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

He'd wash Lebron's balls if Bron let him. Matter fact, I'm sure he does.
Why such vulgar language?

sportjames23
08-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Why such vulgar language?

You DO know where you're at, right? :oldlol:

Fresh Kid
08-10-2013, 06:05 PM
You DO know where you're at, right? :oldlol:
I know, but Lebron has kids, what if they seen that comment?

clipps
08-10-2013, 06:08 PM
I work in the industry. Pippen is a schmuck. 15% is standard. 20% is excellent. 10% is for poor service and there needs to be a really good reason for tipping 10. Under no circumstance is it okay to stiff the server or bartender. I don't care if he raped your mother. If the bartender/server covers your drink, you make up for it.

If you have a tab worth 100k, you leave an extra 20k as the tip.

I live in Denver and heard that Birdman and Earl Boykins treated their bartenders and guests around them very well.

Xsatyr
08-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Gambling, bad investments, luxuries. I think Pippen's net worth is around $1 million.

http://celebnetwealth.com/scottie-pippen-loses-half-of-his-money-in-fail-investment/

Also, random side note, one of my buddies who is a bartender in Cleveland said LeBron and his croonies came into the place he worked, LeBron was on the phone almost the entire time but his friends were completely loud and obnoxious, LeBron didn't pay for the bill, one of his friends did and left 18% as a tip on like a $300 bill.

Where did you get 1 million from?

Just because you file for bankruptcy does not mean you are poor.

kshutts1
08-10-2013, 06:28 PM
I deliver to a guy that I KNOW makes 250k a year with almost no bills... house and car are entirely paid for by his place of employment. No matter how much pizza he orders, he tips $5. That's a great tip for a pizza delivery. If I delivery $50 of food to his house, it's not a great percentage tip, but still a legit tip.

Now again, I KNOW he profits well over 100k a year, easy... but I don't expect him to change my life, or even tip incredibly well. From someone rich, or wealthy, I'd expect a good tip. But I would never, ever, EVER expect anything extraordinary. $25 tip? Yes please! My best tip ever was $100. I've also had $60, tons of $50+, and quite a few around $20. But that's after 3 years. Honestly, $5-10 is almost always enough in the pizza delivery business.

Translating that to a restaurant, I believe that a server deserves a larger tip. They have more responsibility. I just drive from Point A to Point B, then back to Point A. But regardless, as I said before, $25 is a very nice tip UNLESS Pip paid for 10+ people. The more people, the more work. The bill total is not (usually) indicative of the amount of work done by the wait staff.

pauk
08-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Tipping? You mean to be payed to do a job while being payed by random people for doing something you are payed to do already.... if all jobs were like that... i feel like tipping the doctor who probably saved my dads life a couple of times... but meh, he aint a waiter, he doesnt deserve it...

Rose'sACL
08-10-2013, 06:44 PM
I tip only when i like the service. I don't go back to the place where service isn't good even if the food is good.
I don't like the fact that waiters expect everyone to tip even when they do a horrible job.

Rose'sACL
08-10-2013, 06:52 PM
You clearly have never been in the food industry and its people like you that make it a ****ing nightmare to make a living.

They get payed $4.50 an hour, they feed our families and pay our bills with tip money.

Oh and if you leave a bad tip or no tip at all, they do remember what you look like, and they do spit in your food.
and i hate people like you who expect everyone to tip. Tipping should be based on the service so please only get mad when the guy doesn't tip even after you provide great service.
Also, find another job if you get mad so much. There is a reason no married man wants to be a waiter. I am sure you knew what the job is all about and you still bitch about it.
I can understand a student being mad but a married man should try to find another job as he is mature enough to know what the job is like.

SamuraiSWISH
08-10-2013, 07:03 PM
I live in Denver and heard that Birdman and Earl Boykins treated their bartenders and guests around them very well.
It's just class, courtesy, and respect. If you have deep pockets, there is NO excuse not to tip. It makes people like you on top of it. If I had these guy's money, I would tip a server a large amount and make their month / year with just how generous I could be. And no one would ever dare say something bad like this about me either.

Rose'sACL
08-10-2013, 07:04 PM
When you don't tip, they just wasted 45 minutes to maybe over two hours and being your server, time that could be spent with another table that would actually pay them. So, essentially, when you don't tip you are making the server pay you for you to eat.

I am a bartender, I do a great job, get paid well, and yet some people still don't tip because they are cheap. Like I said before, it would be different if the service industry wasn't paid $4.50 an hour.

And with your logic with a student/married man situation, you don't have pitty for someone who has a job and trying to feed his family? Lol, American has the highest unemployment since the Great Depression and someone who finds a job out of the average demographic age should be frowned on?
then find another job because last time i checked, tipping isn't a mandatory tax. there are far worse job where people bitch a lot less and they take anyone and pay next to nothing for a lot more work. everyone knows what they are getting into but still bitch like you are bitching.
This is like a coal mine worker bitching that his job is not good for his health.

Rose'sACL
08-10-2013, 07:16 PM
It's just class, courtesy, and respect. If you have deep pockets, there is NO excuse not to tip. It makes people like you on top of it. If I had these guy's money, I would tip a server a large amount and make their month / year with just how generous I could be. And no one would ever dare say something bad like this about me either.
Such a bad reason to tip someone. also, no one thinks you're a bad person because you don't tip well unless you go some place where service is always good and you still don't tip well.

I used to tip really big when i was in college as it was my dad's money.
As soon as i got out of college and got my own job, i realized that i should tip only if the service is really good as that is what the tip is for to show your gratitude for a good service.
I am not against tipping. I am just against tipping even if the service isn't great.

Legends66NBA7
08-10-2013, 07:33 PM
As much as Michael Jordan gets bashed for being an asshole around his tenure in Chicago/player, Scottie Pippen seems no different, especially off-court. Things like this are just going to be a negative towards him in today's public eye, along his many controversial statements at times.

Just from my view point, though. I've heard about these tipping stories from Pippen a good while now.

Cali Syndicate
08-10-2013, 07:37 PM
My friend from NY tells me that everyone tips for everything in NY. He said people would tip a few bucks or whatnot even for simple automotive services like oil changes and tire rotations. Any truth in this?

As for tipping in restaurants/bars? Yeah, it's general etiquette to tip but its ultimately your choice. Typically though, only reason I won't tip is due to very bad service otherwise I don't see the problem leaving a gratuity. But 25$ on a 800$ tab seems a bit senseless, since, I'm assuming, these are somewhat upscale places he's at.

SamuraiSWISH
08-10-2013, 07:39 PM
As much as Michael Jordan gets bashed for being an asshole around his tenure in Chicago
MJ was never referred to as an asshole around Chicago. It wasn't until a few years ago when Chamillionaire complained about what happened at an event during All Star Weekend. MJ used to randomly stop when he saw kids playing ball in their driveway and would play with them. When he relocated to Alabama during his baseball days, the neighborhood kids would all come shoot with him. He used to keep tabs on under privelege kids he'd met and would make sure they had seats to every game. Checked up on a group of youth near the Chicago Stadium in a known shit portion of town.

MJ's rap as an asshole has more to do with his fierce competitiveness than of him as a person. If anything, I've heard much worse stories about Pippen's interactions with fans. Pippen was percieved as a nice guy by teammates, exclusively. Why? Because he didn't get on their ass for their duties playing BALL the way MJ would. Horse of a different color.

buddha
08-10-2013, 07:42 PM

Exactly why they are paid minimum wage. Because it's the easiest job in the world that requires no education or special skills.

SamuraiSWISH
08-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Many of you seem to not dine out. Either can't afford it, or are just low class bums. What kind of scum doesn't tip at a restaurant? Everyone frowns on that type of person. Their trashy people. Usually predominantly african american, too. God forbid any of you have the funds to go to Vegas. You have to tip people there you talk to on the street asking for directions, or where they hottest clubs are now.

Legends66NBA7
08-10-2013, 07:44 PM
MJ was never referred to as an asshole around Chicago. It wasn't until a few years ago when Chamillionaire complained about what happened at an event during All Star Weekend. MJ used to randomly stop when he saw kids playing ball in their driveway and would play with them. When he relocated to Alabama during his baseball days, the neighborhood kids would all come shoot with him. He used to keep tabs on under privelege kids he'd met and would make sure they had seats to every game. Checked up on a group of youth near the Chicago Stadium in a known shit portion of town.

MJ's rap as an asshole has more to do with his fierce competitiveness than of him as a person. If anything, I've heard much worse stories about Pippen's interactions with fans. Pippen was percieved as a nice guy by teammates, exclusively. Why? Because he didn't get on their ass for their duties playing BALL the way MJ would. Horse of a different color.

Agreement with the bold. I also remember that story where Pippen got drunk (with Jordan) and started cussing out Jerry Krause on the team bus. He was demanding a trade, more money, etc... while Jordan didn't say anything.

To the first paragraph, I knew he was involved with charity groups, but that's cool that he came down to the Stadium for the youth. Never knew that story before, that's cool.

Rose'sACL
08-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Exactly why they are paid minimum wage. Because it's the easiest job in the world that requires no education or special skills.
This. Also, the ones who work in expensive restaurants get paid a lot in tips . Most of the times some rich guy in a good mood will pay 10-20 times of what they deserve so it is pretty natural that some rich guy in a bad mood or some asshole rich guy would not tip well. for every asshole who doesn't tip after getting great service, there are 2 who tip a lot more than they should.

SamuraiSWISH
08-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Agreement with the bold. I also remember that story where Pippen got drunk (with Jordan) and started cussing out Jerry Krause on the team bus. He was demanding a trade, more money, etc... while Jordan didn't say anything.

To the first paragraph, I knew he was involved with charity groups, but that's cool that he came down to the Stadium for the youth. Never knew that story before, that's cool.
Dude MJ and Kobe are assholes where it matters, on the court. Why? They're trying to win the damn game.

Of course no teammate "likes" the Bobby Knight style coach, or the MJ / Kobe type of leader who gets on your ass, tells you when you're playing like shit, and holds you accountable.

They love the Mike Brown, the "player's coaches", the LeBron / Pippen types who are chummy and don't get authoritative with other grown men. They're "just one of the guys" ... MJ / Kobe, too damn alpha for all that non sense.

It's funny, MJ was a great guy off the court but probably wasn't the most endeared teammate from a likability perspective. Why? He went to work, to WIN. Same goes for Kobe.

LeBron / Pippen, nice guy teammates ... everything I've heard off the court, grade a asshole in person. Especially LeBron, mad diva-ish.

My cousin met Kobe in LA, said he was very nice. Known people who have met MJ, the same thing. Known people who have met "nice guy players" like LeBron and Pip and said they were scum bags.

Funny how that works heh? In real life, MJ and Kobe are normal dudes. On the court, warriors. Hell, look at how gregarious Kobe is in the leaked 2007 trade Bynum for Jason Kidd video. He shot the shit and was totally candid with a group of basketball fans who approached him in a parking lot. That's super nice of him.

Now go watch a video of LeBron @ an Orlando Mall on youtube, and see how he almost looks down on people as peasants. Rarely shakes hands, etc. There was youtube videos of guy's trying to track down LeBron to sign basketballs, and every town they traveled to he blatantly ignored their requests.

Pippen was the same caliber of asshole off the court.

buddha
08-10-2013, 07:55 PM

Also, I live in Washington state, where waiters and servers are paid minimum wage which is $9.19 even if they don't get any tips.

sdot_thadon
08-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Many of you seem to not dine out. Either can't afford it, or are just low class bums. What kind of scum doesn't tip at a restaurant? Everyone frowns on that type of person. Their trashy people. Usually predominantly african american, too.God forbid any of you have the funds to go to Vegas. You have to tip people there you talk to on the street asking for directions, or where they hottest clubs are now.
Poor logic swishy, please try again. Seriously.

Rose'sACL
08-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Dude MJ and Kobe are assholes where it matters, on the court. Why? They're trying to win the damn game.

Of course no teammate "likes" the Bobby Knight style coach, or the MJ / Kobe type of leader who gets on your ass, tells you when you're playing like shit, and holds you accountable.

They love the Mike Brown, the "player's coaches", the LeBron / Pippen types who are chummy and don't get authoritative with other grown men. They're "just one of the guys" ... MJ / Kobe, too damn alpha for all that non sense.

It's funny, MJ was a great guy off the court but probably wasn't the most endeared teammate from a likability perspective. Why? He went to work, to WIN. Same goes for Kobe.

LeBron / Pippen, nice guy teammates ... everything I've heard off the court, grade a asshole in person. Especially LeBron, mad diva-ish.

My cousin met Kobe in LA, said he was very nice. Known people who have met MJ, the same thing. Known people who have met "nice guy players" like LeBron and Pip and said they were scum bags.

Funny how that works heh? In real life, MJ and Kobe are normal dudes. On the court, warriors. Hell, look at how gregarious Kobe is in the leaked 2007 trade Bynum for Jason Kidd video. He shot the shit and was totally candid with a group of basketball fans who approached him in a parking lot. That's super nice of him.

Now go watch a video of LeBron @ an Orlando Mall on youtube, and see how he almost looks down on people as peasants. Rarely shakes hands, etc. There was youtube videos of guy's trying to track down LeBron to sign basketballs, and every town they traveled to he blatantly ignored their requests.

Pippen was the same caliber of asshole off the court.
It is funny though that when i was having lunch with MJ a few days back to which MJ forgot to invite you, MJ was an asshole to everyone. He was nice to me because i promised to buy his shoes.
I am friends with all the top players in the NBA and they tell me pretty much opposite of what you tell me. you can't even question me because you or your friends just meet NBA stars while i am close friends with them. I don't even have to prove it just like you don't have to prove it.

Legends66NBA7
08-10-2013, 08:02 PM

I've seen that video. The guy with camera says "That's Waka Flocka LeBron James over there"... and James got mad quick: "What you talkin about ?" *Turns to his crew member and smiles* "You here this *****, man ?".

Then asking the girl to show the Michael Kors watch... Yeah, it's pretty individualistic video of him, not that it surprised me.

For the record, any style of attitude can work towards teammates as long as it's effective. That's why I never really go the Jordan hate for being hard on his teammates. I don't know why people made such a big deal out of Bryant saying Gasol should put his big boy pants up either. I remember Larry Bird called his whole teammates a bunch of sissies in the 84 Finals after game 3. What happens next ? They play physical, win the next game and go on to win the championship. Pushing the right buttons to being hard nosed leader has always worked.

flipogb
08-10-2013, 08:26 PM
what makes a restaurant worker more important than customer service at a store? I need their help too, should I tip all of them? when a guy grabs my size shoe at a shoe store( assuming theres no commission ), do I tip him too?

Knoe Itawl
08-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Spoken like someone who has NEVER had to work a serving job, and all the demands and rigors it entails. Yes, you just address ONE table and pour tea. People who have worked in the industry respect what these people do, and reward them for their efforts.

Pouring tea isn't a hard job, and doesn't mean someone ears 20% of an entire bill of good they bring out to you, prepare for you, garnish for you, serve you, and replenish for you. But I'm sure your dumb ass believes people who play a boy's game for a living throwing a ball through a hoop TRULY deserve the millions and millions of dollars they earn on average, correct?

You know, ghetto punks who carry hand guns on them like Delonte West, who if it weren't for bball couldn't even get hired at a Home Depot.

How retarded of you Kblaze ... let's be honest and keep it real here. You don't tip because you're black.

It's common knowledge you guys don't.

Blacks just don't either understand the etiquette of tipping, are spiteful due to slavery, or straight up have a lack of funds.

Tipping for the hard work of meal service should be demanded, and expected out of a customer eating out. You're not just paying for food. Or you'd walk your lazy ass back in the kitchen and bring it out to your table yourself.

Tipping requires class. Which is probably why the concept escapes you, Blaze.

Wow, you really are a piece of sh!t you know that? I'm black and always tip at least 20%, and all of my black friends do as well, as well as any family I've ever seen when we go out. I knew you were an assh*le but you're a straight up racist piece of sh!t too. I hope the mods don't stand for this garbage.

wakencdukest
08-10-2013, 09:11 PM
what makes a restaurant worker more important than customer service at a store? I need their help too, should I tip all of them? when a guy grabs my size shoe at a shoe store( assuming theres no commission ), do I tip him too?

Restaurant workers usually get paid minimum wage or less and count on tips as part of their income.

SamuraiSWISH
08-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Wow, you really are a piece of sh!t you know that? I'm black and always tip at least 20%, and all of my black friends do as well, as well as any family I've ever seen when we go out. I knew you were an assh*le but you're a straight up racist piece of sh!t too. I hope the mods don't stand for this garbage.
You're not black. Post a pic for proof. If you are then you are in the extreme minority of blacks who tip. It's common knowledge within the industry they don't. How does that make me racist? I've worked serving jobs as a bartender and briefly as a server. Blacks don't tip. In predominantly black areas, most places in order to keep servers mandate the 15% be added to the bill because blacks are always prone to be pieces of shit and skip out on the tip line like cheap cowards. Look at all the posts in this thread backing up the stereotype.

The mods? What are you Knoe, a newly reformed ISH hall monitor, or snitch? Crawl back under your Kobe hating hole, you punk ass bitch. We all liked you better when you disappeared from 2009 until recently. Blacks are cheap, stingy, poor and don't tip. Whites can't dance.

Am I racist if it's rooted in reality? Or just a realist? Don't be salty that the rest of blacks shame themselves by being stingy to hard working professional servers.

Knoe Itawl
08-10-2013, 09:38 PM
You're not black. Post a pic for proof. If you are then you are in the extreme minority of blacks who tip. It's common knowledge within the industry they don't. How does that make me racist? I've worked serving jobs as a bartender and briefly as a server. Blacks don't tip. In predominantly black areas, most places in order to keep servers mandate the 15% be added to the bill because blacks are always prone to be pieces of shit and skip out on the tip line like cheap cowards. Look at all the posts in this thread backing up the stereotype. The mods? What are you Knoe, a newly reformed ISH hall monitor, or snitch? Crawl back under your Kobe hating hole, you punk ass bitch. We all liked you better when you disappeared from 2009 until recently.

You're a ****!ing racist piece of sh!t. Anytime you label an entire group based on the actions of a few that's being a BIGOT, idiot. it would be like me saying that "whites oppress people, that's just what they do". Or "white guys are pedophiles, or white guys are greedy bastards who rob all of society because they make up the overwhelming majority of the banking industry. You're a piece of garbage, and I'll bet you wouldn't go up to any black person in real life and say it to them, you coward. Funny how you ride the d!cks of athletes whose race you can't stand deep down. It's hilarious how many racist sports fans there are who battle a constant war with themselves for being so into something dominated by "those" people.

F*ck you. I could care less about someone's opinons on sport, but this board shouldn't be fore people to make bigoted comments and I'm going to push for the mods to do something about pieces of sh!t like you.

fos
08-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Good for him. I'm anti-tipping (but I do tip because that's the society we live in. 20% if it's good service, t's retarded. I wish it was like what it is in Europe where they don't tip and everything is included in the cost. Basically tipping is a bullshit way of getting the employer out of paying their employees a reasonable wage. I'd rather pay a higher price for the meal and not bother with the tipping. Also I think it's ridiculous to pay 15 percent on some items just for having them brought to me. Oh you bought a $500 bottle of wine, well I guess the effort of me bringing this bottle to your table is worth $100. Retarded.

sdot_thadon
08-10-2013, 09:42 PM
You're not black. Post a pic for proof. If you are then you are in the extreme minority of blacks who tip. It's common knowledge within the industry they don't. How does that make me racist? I've worked serving jobs as a bartender and briefly as a server. Blacks don't tip. In predominantly black areas, most places in order to keep servers mandate the 15% be added to the bill because blacks are always prone to be pieces of shit and skip out on the tip line like cheap cowards. Look at all the posts in this thread backing up the stereotype.

The mods? What are you Knoe, a newly reformed ISH hall monitor, or snitch? Crawl back under your Kobe hating hole, you punk ass bitch. We all liked you better when you disappeared from 2009 until recently. Blacks are cheap, stingy, poor and don't tip. Whites can't dance.

Am I racist if it's rooted in reality? Or just a realist? Don't be salty that the rest of blacks shame themselves by being stingy to hard working professional servers.
Hell yeah you're a racist two face. I'm trying to figure this out though, how can you have Mj's piece stuffed so far down your throat and have the outlook you have? Perplexing to say the least. And on point, people of all races tip or don't tip buddy. Black, white, yellow, polkadot, rich, or poor. Pathetic that you can stereotype a whole race with such conviction. You need to get out and experience the world swishy.

SamuraiSWISH
08-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Whites can't dance
Asians are good at math
Blacks don't tip
Mexicans like soccer

Oh shit, he's racist

3LiftHeatCurse
08-10-2013, 09:49 PM
I tip, but I hate the system.

Everything should be included in the cost of food. Period.

But restaurant owners don't want to shell out a real wage, they want the customers to do it.

mmsupra
08-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Do u guys tip on pick up orders like Olive Garden,Outback etc? Always been conflicted on that lol.

3LiftHeatCurse
08-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Do u guys tip on pick up orders like Olive Garden,Outback etc? Always been conflicted on that lol.

I don't because they didn't serve me. Only person who had to work, was the cook to make my food. And he is paid a real salary by the restaurant.

Jameerthefear
08-10-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm black and my parents usually tip $20 on $60 orders. racist samurai.

Mr Exlax
08-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Whites can't dance
Asians are good at math
Blacks don't tip
Mexicans like soccer

Oh shit, he's racist

I know whites that have competed on ANBDC.
Asians are all good at math.
Not all Mexicans like soccer lame ass.

Blacks do tip. Hell I go above and beyond depending on the level of service. I even tip a buck at the Dippin Dots ice cream stands. Swish you ain't shit. You never gonna be shit. Heaven forbid you have kids. Those abominations won't be shit either.

JimmyMcAdocious
08-10-2013, 10:10 PM
I'm black and my parents usually tip $20 on $60 orders. racist samurai.

No way you are black.

I had waiting job for a year and blacks and asians normally tip the least. Still tip tho.

Mr Exlax
08-10-2013, 10:13 PM
No way you are black.

I had waiting job for a year and blacks and asians normally tip the least. Still tip tho.

That is typical tipping for good service. You need to do your job better.

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-10-2013, 10:24 PM
When i dealt drugs back in the day, i used to frequent a certain Italian restaurant. I swear the servers would fight over my business because i tipped so well. The good ole days..

nightprowler10
08-10-2013, 10:37 PM

This is what I've heard for the most part. Pip had a lot "do you know who I am?" type of stories. Most of MJ's bad stories are ****** related.

secund2nun
08-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Good for him. I'm anti-tipping (but I do tip because that's the society we live in. 20% if it's good service, t's retarded. I wish it was like what it is in Europe where they don't tip and everything is included in the cost. Basically tipping is a bullshit way of getting the employer out of paying their employees a reasonable wage. I'd rather pay a higher price for the meal and not bother with the tipping. Also I think it's ridiculous to pay 15 percent on some items just for having them brought to me. Oh you bought a $500 bottle of wine, well I guess the effort of me bringing this bottle to your table is worth $100. Retarded.

I agree with this. There should be a limit. If someone buys a 1000 bottle of wine does the waiter really deserve 150 dollars for just that? So Pippen tipping 25 dollars on 800 dollars isn't that outrageous.

I tip usually 15-18% because I believe everyone should have the right to a living wage, so it will at least help out somewhat but the minimum wage should be much higher. It should be a living wage. These cheap companies and restaurants should be ashamed of themselves.

NumberSix
08-11-2013, 12:05 AM
If you had deep pockets, you'd quickly understand that you simply can't toss 2 or 3 hundred dollars to every person you come across. I'd be throwing away thousands of dollars each day if I did that.

Things have limits. Whether I buy a $50 bottle or a $5,000 bottle, you walking it over the table is the same amount of work. You're not entitled to $1,000 for picking up a bottle and walking 20 feet with it. Don't complain that you "only" got $20 for your 30 seconds of work. People do a lot more for a lot less. I don't care how expensive what I order is. It's ridiculous for you to expect thousands of dollars for serving me for less than an hour.

I have one friend who will routinely tip $600 for a $15 drink. It's not because he's some kind of nice guy. He only does it if its an attractive female and to make himself look like a big shot.

I tip. It's the right thing to do, but within reason. If I spend $50 on a meal, I'll leave $20 for a tip. That's fine. If I spend a thousand or 2, I'll leave $50. That's more than reasonable for the work it takes to intermittently serve 1 person for 45 minutes.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-11-2013, 12:19 AM
If you had deep pockets, you'd quickly understand that you simply can't toss 2 or 3 hundred dollars to every person you come across. I'd be throwing away thousands of dollars each day if I did that.

Things have limits. Whether I buy a $50 bottle or a $5,000 bottle, you walking it over the table is the same amount of work. You're not entitled to $1,000 for picking up a bottle and walking 20 feet with it. Don't complain that you "only" got $20 for your 30 seconds of work. People do a lot more for a lot less. I don't care how expensive what I order is. It's ridiculous for you to expect thousands of dollars for serving me for less than an hour.

I have one friend who will routinely tip $600 for a $15 drink. It's not because he's some kind of nice guy. He only does it if its an attractive female and to make himself look like a big shot.

I tip. It's the right thing to do, but within reason. If I spend $50 on a meal, I'll leave $20 for a tip. That's fine. If I spend a thousand or 2, I'll leave $50. That's more than reasonable for the work it takes to intermittently serve 1 person for 45 minutes.

Are you retarded?

NumberSix
08-11-2013, 12:24 AM
Are you retarded?
What do you have difficulty understanding?

tpols
08-11-2013, 12:29 AM

I agree with this logic.

But for the guy at chiles throw him a bone 20%.. bartenders delivery drivers same thing. Devliery especially though, if youre too fat and lazy to go pick your pie up that you need some kid to burn his gas tank up to personally chaffuer it to your lazy ass sitting on your couch better toss him a few extra bucks

Kblaze8855
08-11-2013, 12:31 AM
So...we have people admitting to spitting in food and guys judging a billion people to the extent that he wants proof someone who tips is black....

And yet they make it out to be an issue of class.

Somewhere in america right now some jackass who deserves jail time is spitting in someone food and will still act like people who dont give them additional money for bad service have no class.

This is a very simple issue. A customer is no responsible for paying an employee. That a small section of society managed to increase profit margins by getting around that is absurd. Its created a gang of entitled douchebags overstating how hard they have to work as if there arent millions of people with real tough jobs getting nothing for it.

I tip....because. I tip because its expected. But there is no logic to it.

First job I had was mixing concrete/stucco and taking it in buckets to the top of a hotel up a ladder. I made a total of 100 dollars....a WEEK. For 50+ hours work. Age 12.

Later I got a job building pallets of bricks from demolished buildings. I arrived 6am....sort through broken bricks to find those clean enough to be salvaged. And I make pallets of 600.

All day.

In the summer

In the south.

I did this backbreaking labor for a temp service...and as a condition of that service...they took the first 2 dollars an hour. So...I made 2 dollars an hour LESS than minimum wage.

Shortly after I worked in the garden center at a Kmart.

You think waiting tables and pouring drinks is tough?

Come be the garden loader at Kmart when its 96 degrees with 90% humidity during the week of a mulch and landscape timber sale. Stand and wait for people to ask you if its cool for them to sit in their truck while you find a cart put 20 bags of mulch on it then load it...while they sit in the AC and dont so much as stand up.

And then see a sign that says...guess what?

"Please do not tip" with a fun happy looking kid its says is just doing his job.

Load 150 bales of pine straw into a trailer by yourself in July while helping customers, having to be just as polite, and not getting shit extra while having to wait another week to get paid wondering where to get gas money till then.

Then talk to me about your feet hurting from walking back and forth in the AC and smiling at people who are expected to pay you cash for half that work. Especially people who dont actually have to prepare anything.

Ive been to fondue places where a server is involved heavily. Or a nice place with food served at the table by a waiter who has to know what hes doing. Some guy walking 12 feet to hand me a plate at wafflehouse feels just as entitled though.

And ive had these conversations with many of them. Ive known waiters as we all have. bartenders. All without exception believe non tippers are garbage....including ones who get paid a full wage. Woman I know was hired at wafflehouse to be a cook/hostess that doesnt get the low waitress pay. But she waits tables anyway. So she gets her full pay...still wants more....and she tells me she pulls 100-140 cash a lot of nights.

And thats at a gotdamn wafflehouse.

There are bartenders and servers all over the world in places that require no real serving ability pouring tea, and walking a few feet back and forth acting like people who work jobs they are physically or mentally incapable of are scum for not giving them a lot of money for doing a job a remote control car could do.

Ive sat in a chilis with a friends girlfriend(waitress) closing listening for an hour to her bitch about tips while wrapping forks in napkins...

This same girl when she broke up with her old boyfriend stole his comic book collection and gave it, his bird, and his shoes away, and wrecked his couch.

But shes talking about people who dont give her rude ass enough money for a job that requires no ability.

I tip. Every time. And middle aged black women are some of the biggest tippers I know.

But lets say I didnt....

I buy anti mosquito nets for malaria prevention in the third world, I help every old person I ever see do anything(Once a boyscout always a boyscout), and I will help virtually anyone with any problem I can.

Im a scumbag if I dont give a tip to a guy whobrings me a pancake at IHOP and I never say a word to him but "Nah" when he asks I I need a refil.

This man deserves my money...and if he doesnt get it...im awful...no matter what.

But I can go to the Er and have a young doctor who owes 10 years of a waiters salary in student loans to the point hes gotta work 12 hour shifts to get by....save my sons life.

I go about my business not giving him a dime.

He might actually need 10 years to start to really profit. And hes saving lives.

But he gets no tip.

Douchebag at Applebees who will spit in my food next time if I dont give him 10 bucks...he gets a tip.

The teacher who considering time grading, in afterschool programs, shopping for class supplies that will not be repaid for by the district, and meeting with/talking to parents...works a 78 hour week. I dont need to tip her for...looking after my child all day and teaching him the tools to make a good life for himself.

Nah. Not only do we not tip her...she gets fired if my kid is too dumb to pass a statewide test.

These people want the money if they get paid a full wage or not. as a guy above said some states dont let places go under minimum wage for servers. Think in those places they arent pissing in coffee if you "stiff" them?

That society accepts some of its least skilled/important/easily replaced people as special enough to have the customer pay them directly...and not the many jobs far more important, more taxing on you physically and mentally, and many of which dont really pay much if any more in the end......is bffling.

But the industry pulled it off. It gets customers to pay their employees and has convinced them that that is the natural order of things.

And hordes of people complaining about their job(like EVERYONE does) make it out to be more than it is to justify it out of self interest.

But ill keep giving a bar a 5 and saying keep the change on a 3.25 beer. Why?

Because society decided thats how its done....and because that society is full of hateful idiots like the one in here who assume that if I dont...its because of my skin color.

I cant justify tipping at most places(not all). But I do it. And im sure thats the way it is for many.

It doesnt have to make sense. You do it because some idiot who probably cant articulate why he deserves it other than being used to getting it...will be annoyed if you dont.

And the money is rarely enough to make some poor guys day worse. Even if that poor guy might well wipe his ass with my hamburger bun next time if I dont pay....and then call me classless.

kamil
08-11-2013, 12:36 AM
I know, but Lebron has kids, what if they seen that comment?

Nah, they're more likely kids that were given to him via shortcut, er, adoption.

tpols
08-11-2013, 12:39 AM
^^
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnhscbEJ2c1qkdvreo1_400.jpg

Fresh Kid
08-11-2013, 12:44 AM
Nah, they're more likely kids that were given to him via shortcut, er, adoption.
How you know for sure?

kamil
08-11-2013, 12:47 AM
How you know for sure?

It was a failed joke. Oh well.

Kblaze8855
08-11-2013, 12:54 AM
Got a PM about some of the racism in here and having read this a bit closer......yea I dont know how I leave this open. I dont much care about the racism. But still. Many are easier to offend than I.

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-11-2013, 12:55 AM
Whites can't dance
Asians are good at math
Blacks don't tip
Mexicans like soccer

Oh shit, he's racist
i heard mexicans dont tip either

Scholar
08-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Apparently, people who don't tip or tip very low amounts are classless, yet it's completely okay to spit in their food? I don't think Blaze and I are the only ones noticing this hypocrisy.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-11-2013, 11:27 AM
What do you have difficulty understanding?

Why would you leave $20 tip for a $50 meal? That's stupefying.

ace23
08-11-2013, 11:38 AM
They're already getting paid though.

Not a fan of the whole tipping thing.

GOBB
08-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Umm... $25 on an $800 bill isn't much, but it's still plenty for the person being tipped. "Oh, no! He only gave $25, which is more than what most of these people will give me! F*ck him then. I'm making a big deal about Pippen because he's famous!"

You're a cheap ass dude. $25 on a $800 bill is ok? Gtfo here with that.

GOBB
08-11-2013, 11:41 AM
They're already getting paid though.

Not a fan of the whole tipping thing.

What are they getting paid???? You obviously have zero clue. Educate yourself.

ace23
08-11-2013, 11:44 AM
What are they getting paid???? You obviously have zero clue. Educate yourself.
What? Waiters don't work for free.

GOBB
08-11-2013, 11:46 AM
What? Waiters don't work for free.

Look at how much waiters get paid then get back to me. I asked you to educate yourself not make more stupid responses.

ace23
08-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Look at how much waiters get paid then get back to me. I asked you to educate yourself not make more stupid responses.
I'm aware that many get paid under minimum wage, bro.

Rasheed1
08-11-2013, 11:52 AM
If the service is good? waiter or waitress is attentive? I tip pretty well.

But if the service sucks? no tip, f*ck you

its my money and I decide who gets it & who doesnt

GOBB
08-11-2013, 11:53 AM
I'm aware that many get paid under minimum wage, bro.

You are aware? That's funny since they DEPEND on tips to make a living. I guess you are unaware on that part am I right? Given you dont get the whole tipping thing. :rolleyes:

ace23
08-11-2013, 11:58 AM
You are aware? That's funny since they DEPEND on tips to make a living. I guess you are unaware on that part am I right? Given you dont get the whole tipping thing. :rolleyes:
I didn't say I don't get it. I said I'm not a fan of it. If I'm not required to pay something, why the **** should not paying it be frowned upon? If you work a job in which you have to rely on handouts to live, it's time to get a different job.

GOBB
08-11-2013, 12:03 PM
I didn't say I don't get it. I said I'm not a fan of it. If I'm not required to pay something, why the **** should not paying it be frowned upon? If you work a job in which you have to rely on handouts to live, it's time to get a different job.

Huh? Jesus Christ you make no sense. You can tell you're a cheap dude. Penny pinching under the table when the check comes. Where do you work again? Just curious.

Jameerthefear
08-11-2013, 12:17 PM
these tipping threads always get pretty heated...

Scholar
08-11-2013, 12:18 PM

First, I would never even in my wildest dreams run up an $800 bill at any restaurant. That is just unnecessary spending. $800 could buy a family a month's worth of groceries... Or more.
Second, I might be complaining about feelin obligated to tip, but I've tipped every time I've ever gone out to eat, except once when I was short on cash.
Third, why should it matter if I am cheap? It's my money. I know a handful of rich people who have told me nobody gets rich by overspending, and I think tipping for a service that even a homeless man with down syndrome could provide is "overspending." I still do it, though.

Someone earlier in the thread said to eat at home if tipping is a problem... An that's exactly what I do now. My wife, daughter & I used to go to a local Chili's at least twice a week from the summer of 2012 until about March of 2013. We would go so often that the waitresses began recognizing us instantaneously. I would tip a minimum of $5 on each meal, even tipping up to $17 once just for the hell of it.
Then I came to the realization I was throwing money away. Even the staff was usually nice, there were times when they'd act rudely towards us just because they were busy, as though I'm the one who planned for 20 groups of people to all show up within minutes of each other. There was even one time when a teen male waiter pocketed MY change (roughly $6) in front of me without me telling him he could. I let it slide. I'm sure he assumed that I tipped him my cash last tie so I'd be okay with it, but it was rude as f*ck.

The sense of entitlement in the restaurant industry is surreal. Instead of being pissed at their bosses for not paying them enough, they get mad at customers or not paying their wages, as though we're the ones deciding how much waiters should be paid. I feel bad for you if you can't make ends meet through the job you have, but that's life. I don't run around bitching about not being able to pay bills because my job doesn't pay enough. And I actually have a tougher job where nobody tips me, even though I actually help people. What do waiters do? Bring my f*cking food to the table? Great. If that's a tough task, let me know when the food is ready in the kitchen & I'll go pick it up myself. You best believe I won't bitch about it either.

MadeFromDust
08-11-2013, 12:33 PM
These biichis should be paying me if I don't like the food or didn't have a good experience in they restaurant. Pfft

MavsSuperFan
08-11-2013, 12:33 PM
To all the non-tippers here, I recommend you dont regularly go to the same restaurant. If the wait staff starts recognizing you and associating you as someone that they feel is robbing them (not saying this is an accurate opinion just that many in the service industry feel this way from what I have heard)

Well thats just say you have no idea what they could be doing to your food.

Pro Tip: order your food and take it home. no service = no obligation to tip.

MadeFromDust
08-11-2013, 12:36 PM
To all the non-tippers here, I recommend you dont regularly go to the same restaurant. If the wait staff starts recognizing you and associating you as someone that they feel is robbing them (not saying this is an accurate opinion just that many in the service industry feel this way from what I have heard)

Well thats just say you have no idea what they could be doing to your food.

Pro Tip: order your food and take it home. no service = no obligation to tip.
lmao

"Oh I'm sorry for the wait, sir. I gave you some extra fries. Enjoy :)"

3 hrs later you got the mullegrubs from the laxative powder they mixed in with the salt bwaaaaahahahaaaaaa :roll:

LJJ
08-11-2013, 12:36 PM

I disagree.

If the whole rationale behind tipping is that the waiting staff earns below minimum wage and tips make up the difference, they should get tipped based on their time and effort and not based on the price of the items. The waitress serving Pippen $50 margaritas isn't putting in that much more effort in than the girl serving Pippen unlimited breadsticks at the Olive Garden. So why should one get a $200 tip and the other a $20 tip?

I realize it's the social norm in the States that you tip a percentage, but let's not pretend it makes any sense.

GOBB
08-11-2013, 12:40 PM
First, I would never even in my wildest dreams run up an $800 bill at any restaurant. That is just unnecessary spending. $800 could buy a family a month's worth of groceries... Or more.

The more money you make the more you spend. So you would if you took home what Bron does in a year.

Second, I might be complaining about feelin obligated to tip, but I've tipped every time I've ever gone out to eat, except once when I was short on cash.
Third, why should it matter if I am cheap? It's my money. I know a handful of rich people who have told me nobody gets rich by overspending, and I think tipping for a service that even a homeless man with down syndrome could provide is "overspending." I still do it, though.

Great, good service gets tips
Bad service gets no tip

Tip according to how you the service was. Cheap is saying you $25 is plenty for an $800 bill. Those rich people ask them how they tip. I bet it wouldnt side with your argument.

Someone earlier in the thread said to eat at home if tipping is a problem... An that's exactly what I do now. My wife, daughter & I used to go to a local Chili's at least twice a week from the summer of 2012 until about March of 2013. We would go so often that the waitresses began recognizing us instantaneously. I would tip a minimum of $5 on each meal, even tipping up to $17 once just for the hell of it.

Then I came to the realization I was throwing money away. Even the staff was usually nice, there were times when they'd act rudely towards us just because they were busy, as though I'm the one who planned for 20 groups of people to all show up within minutes of each other. There was even one time when a teen male waiter pocketed MY change (roughly $6) in front of me without me telling him he could. I let it slide. I'm sure he assumed that I tipped him my cash last tie so I'd be okay with it, but it was rude as f*ck.

Really cool story. I applaud you and the family from going to Chilli's as your spot to eat twice a week.

The sense of entitlement in the restaurant industry is surreal. Instead of being pissed at their bosses for not paying them enough, they get mad at customers or not paying their wages, as though we're the ones deciding how much waiters should be paid.

Thats the way the game is set up. They can be pissed at their bosses all they want. It is what it is and tips are what they depend on.

I feel bad for you if you can't make ends meet through the job you have, but that's life. I don't run around bitching about not being able to pay bills because my job doesn't pay enough. And I actually have a tougher job where nobody tips me, even though I actually help people. What do waiters do? Bring my f*cking food to the table? Great. If that's a tough task, let me know when the food is ready in the kitchen & I'll go pick it up myself. You best believe I won't bitch about it either.

:facepalm

Took awhile for someone to throw out the "no one pays tips me at my job" card. Textbook cheapness.

MavsSuperFan
08-11-2013, 12:43 PM
lmao

"Oh I'm sorry for the wait, sir. I gave you some extra fries. Enjoy :)"

3 hrs later you got the mullegrubs from the laxative powder they mixed in with the salt bwaaaaahahahaaaaaa :roll:

They probably wouldn't do anything that would affect your health or cause you to notice. But they might put some smegma into your sauce.

Personally out of this fear more than anything else I tip 15% standard and 20% if service is good. I have never really gotten bad service imo. If you are doing financially well tipping isn't really a big deal and your are kind of jerk for not tipping imo, but if you are poor I understand not tipping.

GOBB
08-11-2013, 12:46 PM
I disagree.

If the whole rationale behind tipping is that the waiting staff earns below minimum wage and tips make up the difference, they should get tipped based on their time and effort and not based on the price of the items. The waitress serving Pippen $50 margaritas isn't putting in that much more effort in than the girl serving Pippen unlimited breadsticks at the Olive Garden. So why should one get a $200 tip and the other a $20 tip?

I realize it's the social norm in the States that you tip a percentage, but let's not pretend it makes any sense.

There is no unlimited bread sticks flowing to a table. But I get your overall point.

I'd assume the service for an $800 bill has a more attentive server than the one at Oliver Garden. And that is just based on my experience which is what supports my arguments in here. My servers at Oliver Garden arent even the same at a much nicer establishment.

At the end of the day people tip what they want. It doesn't bother me outside of this discussion.

MavsSuperFan
08-11-2013, 12:51 PM
There is no unlimited bread sticks flowing to a table. But I get your overall point.

I'd assume the service for an $800 bill has a more attentive server than the one at Oliver Garden. And that is just based on my experience which is what supports my arguments in here. My servers at Oliver Garden arent even the same at a much nicer establishment.

At the end of the day people tip what they want. It doesn't bother me outside of this discussion.

Not tipping is kind of cheap but not stupid.

Not tipping and going to the same restaurants regularly is extremely stupid imo.

Scholar
08-11-2013, 12:53 PM
:facepalm

Took awhile for someone to throw out the "no one pays tips me at my job" card. Textbook cheapness.

Nah. I'm not the first in this thread to mention it. KBlaze mentioned it earlier & I think someone else did, too. It's true, though. Some of us actually do real work. In my case, I do work that has proven to be dangerous from time to time. I have yet to have someone tip me for helping them out. I've broken up fights, I've apprehended dumbass teens tagging, I've gone out of my way to do things for my co-workers that is not required of me, etc. Where are my tips for actually risking bodily harm?
Yet some guy bringing a tray of food to my table feels entitled to be tipped? Why? Because he has to deal with an asshole customer every once in a while? Aw... So sad. :(

GOBB
08-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Nah. I'm not the first in this thread to mention it. KBlaze mentioned it earlier & I think someone else did, too. It's true, though. Some of us actually do real work. In my case, I do work that has proven to be dangerous from time to time. I have yet to have someone tip me for helping them out. I've broken up fights, I've apprehended dumbass teens tagging, I've gone out of my way to do things for my co-workers that is not required of me, etc. Where are my tips for actually risking bodily harm?
Yet some guy bringing a tray of food to my table feels entitled to be tipped? Why? Because he has to deal with an asshole customer every once in a while? Aw... So sad. :(

Kblaze doesnt throw away mayo jars. Uses them for piggy banks, pen holders, candles, hold various liquid from the kind you drink to the ones that are toxic. He is the cheapest person I know. :oldlol:

I'm just breaking peoples balls tho in this thread. My agenda. I provide a service for my job to people and dont expect, require tips. I do however expect to be told how good of a job I'm doing. entitled to that good or bad. :lol

greymatter
08-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Nah. I'm not the first in this thread to mention it. KBlaze mentioned it earlier & I think someone else did, too. It's true, though. Some of us actually do real work.

Apples and oranges. Being a grunt/mule doing hard manual labor does suck a whole lot worse than waitering in most regards, but it is a lot simpler for that fact that you don't have to have to make customers happy in order to get paid.

In my case, I do work that has proven to be dangerous from time to time.

Aw. So sad. /cue violin.

I have yet to have someone tip me for helping them out. I've broken up fights, I've apprehended dumbass teens tagging, I've gone out of my way to do things for my co-workers that is not required of me, etc. Where are my tips for actually risking bodily harm?

Really? You don't understand the details involving being paid 50% or less minimum wage and your livelihood depending on providing good customer service to more than make up the difference? Some scholar.

You're paying for service provided by guy waiting on you and the people who prepared the shit you ordered. Unlike at home, food doesn't just cook itself, put itself on a plate, walk its ass to your table, ask you if it tastes right, serves you beverages, clears out empty plates, and pretends to give a shit if you didn't get enough butter on your baked potato.

secund2nun
08-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Waiting is a job that is not even needed. As the economy gets worse more restaurants will open like Chipolte or Moe's where you order up front and pick up your meal up front or like Tijuana flats or Taco Bus where you order up front and the waitress merely brings the food to your table when its done- both involve no tip. I'd rather eat at a place like this and save 15-20% off of my bill. It's a faster, more efficient dining experience with much better value.

Waiters don't make my food taste better or better in ingredient quality, nor do they speed up cooking time. Many waiters can delay dining time like I had at Village in recently so I tipped her only like 9-10%. One thing that is really frustrating about waiters is when they take like 5 hours to give you your check or when they ask if you are ready to order immediately and you say you need a couple more mins, which 80% of waiters for some reason think means come back 10+ solid mins later.

Upscale places will always have waiters for the dining experience, but casual places like Moe's, Chipotle, Tijuana flats, Five Guys, and Taco Bus are becoming more and more popular because they are simply more efficient means of dining.

Just2McFly
08-11-2013, 02:17 PM
GOBB needs to shut his unemployed ass up. Smh. He always stars arguments based on the most inane angles.

Tipping is f*cking garbage, regardless of where you stand on the issue. I've been working my whole life, not once did I agree to a job knowing what I got paid, then get upset when customers didn't tip me. I guess I had more maturity as a kid cutting grass, shovelling driveways, or working alongside my parents.

Servers are some god damn whiners , why are we acting like the diswasher or the cook isn't working harder than they are? Way harder. I've been a dishwasher , the difference between 8.90 and 10.25 isn't enough to justify the outrage over tipping.

MavsSuperFan
08-11-2013, 02:31 PM
GOBB needs to shut his unemployed ass up. Smh. He always stars arguments based on the most inane angles.

Tipping is f*cking garbage, regardless of where you stand on the issue. I've been working my whole life, not once did I agree to a job knowing what I got paid, then get upset when customers didn't tip me. I guess I had more maturity as a kid cutting grass, shovelling driveways, or working alongside my parents.

Servers are some god damn whiners , why are we acting like the diswasher or the cook isn't working harder than they are? Way harder. I've been a dishwasher , the difference between 8.90 and 10.25 isn't enough to justify the outrage over tipping.

I somewhat agree, but these people handle stuff you are about to put in your mouth. I have always thought it wise to stay on their good side, especially if I plan on going their regularly.

MadeFromDust
08-11-2013, 02:36 PM
There's too much racism in this thread. I think it should be locked. :ohwell:

MadeFromDust
08-11-2013, 02:39 PM

Yup, cooks, dishwashers, busboys, trash throwers, and any combo thereof all work much harder than fsck.in wait staff. They deserve tips more but alas they are kept away from the money. :rolleyes:

Goldrush25
08-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Like Kblaze, I tip and tip well(and I'm black, I saw those racist comments from Samarai), but primarily because it's the social convention. Another small benefit is that I'm paying my servers to treat me well. I frequent Las Vegas a lot, and a lot of people I know think I'm a degenerate gambler. The primary reason I go there is because if you're spending money, people roll out the red carpet for you, and that's all a lot of hard working people want, is to be treated well.

What I have an issue with is patrons being expected by waiters to spend more based on how much they make. That's absolutely ridiculous. My net worth is none of your business, and it certainly has nothing to do with how much you should be expected to earn for doing the same job that you would do for someone making less or more than I do. I don't care if they run up a $20000 tab. You're not entitled to an $4000 tip, ever. If someone runs up a $100000 tab, you're still not entitled to a $4000 tip. In my mind you should just be compensated for the amount of time and work you did serving.

And if it's a pickup order, if there is a tip line on the receipt I will usually put a little something there, but if someone doesn't want to tip on a pickup order I'm perfectly ok with that. All you're doing is handing me a damn bag. I saw in the news where Drew Brees was called out by some restaurant worker for not tipping well on a pickup order. That's bullcrap. Because he's worked hard and sacrificed to be where he is, he has to use his excess of wealth to subsidize your lack of wealth and moreso, the bad decisions you made in life that led to you being a career waiter? Anyone that's well off has to spread more of their money around to the have-nots? That's BS.

I understand that waiters depend on their tips, but it is not my responsibility to really pay you anything at all. I always tip, but I don't always want to. I do it because it's the social convention, I don't want spit in my food, and I appreciate the pretense of sexual attraction that good female waitresses will offer. And another thing, that some of you waiters would spit in someone's food because they didn't tip you well is another validation on the type of low class people you really are. Put forth the same effort with every customer. But to a lot of you, that concept of work ethic is lost upon you, which explains why you're career waiters in the first place.

Robot waiters can't get here fast enough.

Dictator
08-11-2013, 03:04 PM

The sense of entitlement in the restaurant industry is surreal. Instead of being pissed at their bosses for not paying them enough, they get mad at customers or not paying their wages, as though we're the ones deciding how much waiters should be paid. I feel bad for you if you can't make ends meet through the job you have, but that's life. I don't run around bitching about not being able to pay bills because my job doesn't pay enough. And I actually have a tougher job where nobody tips me, even though I actually help people. What do waiters do? Bring my f*cking food to the table? Great. If that's a tough task, let me know when the food is ready in the kitchen & I'll go pick it up myself. You best believe I won't bitch about it either.

:lol +100

It's A VC3!!!
08-11-2013, 03:15 PM
So the waiter was expecting a $150 tip? That's why I go to buffets. I love them, eat what I want and tip low.:lol

L.Kizzle
08-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Many of you seem to not dine out. Either can't afford it, or are just low class bums. What kind of scum doesn't tip at a restaurant? Everyone frowns on that type of person. Their trashy people. Usually predominantly african american, too. God forbid any of you have the funds to go to Vegas. You have to tip people there you talk to on the street asking for directions, or where they hottest clubs are now.
:coleman:

Damn, you have too now ...

ace23
08-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Huh? Jesus Christ you make no sense. You can tell you're a cheap dude. Penny pinching under the table when the check comes. Where do you work again? Just curious.
I work from home, and yes, I don't like to give people extra money for doing their jobs. Guess I'm a cheapo.

GOBB
08-11-2013, 04:24 PM
GOBB needs to shut his unemployed ass up. Smh. He always stars arguments based on the most inane angles. .

My arguments have been valid and legit. You're just mad. You need to post on your original account and stop playing hide n seek like the Canadian rainbow you are.

ZenMaster
08-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Waiting is a job that is not even needed. As the economy gets worse more restaurants will open like Chipolte or Moe's where you order up front and pick up your meal up front or like Tijuana flats or Taco Bus where you order up front and the waitress merely brings the food to your table when its done- both involve no tip. I'd rather eat at a place like this and save 15-20% off of my bill. It's a faster, more efficient dining experience with much better value.

Waiters don't make my food taste better or better in ingredient quality, nor do they speed up cooking time. Many waiters can delay dining time like I had at Village in recently so I tipped her only like 9-10%. One thing that is really frustrating about waiters is when they take like 5 hours to give you your check or when they ask if you are ready to order immediately and you say you need a couple more mins, which 80% of waiters for some reason think means come back 10+ solid mins later.

Upscale places will always have waiters for the dining experience, but casual places like Moe's, Chipotle, Tijuana flats, Five Guys, and Taco Bus are becoming more and more popular because they are simply more efficient means of dining.

Yeah remove a huge amount of service jobs in the US and replace them with robots built by other robots, that will surely help the economy and the US "society" overall.

GOBB
08-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Yeah remove a huge amount of service jobs in the US and replace them with robots built by other robots, that will surely help the economy and the US "society" overall.

:roll:

:applause:

50_40_90_
08-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Louis CK is pretty sharp with observations on life...

here's a little something from his TV show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeMgr0vA8c8

Lamar Doom
08-11-2013, 10:43 PM
A $25 tip, even if only 3%, is not that bad of a tip.

If I'm not mistaken servers are taxed on tips for 8% of their sales, so yes, it's a horrible f*cking tip.

I'm not gonna involve myself in this stupid f*cking thread, f*ck pippen and f*ck you guys who don't tip. It's what the job is in this country, you don't want to tip? Don't go out to eat you f*cking uncivilized cheap monkey f*ck boys. Pitiful. Truly pitiful.

Rasheed1
08-11-2013, 10:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeMgr0vA8c8

Why am I tippin then?

If black people dont tip? then I need to get with the program and stop tipping..

tell all my friends who tip to stop...

F*ck that!! we may as well keep our money in our pockets if we gonna get sh*tty service from lowlife servers anyway :confusedshrug: F*ck them

live off your paycheck then...

secund2nun
08-11-2013, 10:54 PM

Eliminating a 15-20% surcharge on customer's plus the 4-5 dollar per hour wage paid to waiters is a way for restaurants to keep costs down and improve profit margins. It may hurt to lose those jobs, but a restaurant is not a necessity and neither are waiters. As the economy gets worse restaurants will have to survive or die. They will be competing with the eat at home, eat at casual dining or fast food options.

The recent rapid rise of waiter-less casual dining places makes me believe that in the future waiting will mainly be found in upscale dining only.

tpols
08-11-2013, 10:57 PM
This thread has changed my stance on waiters.. lots of good points. They really dont work any harder than any other below average blue collar job but somehow think they should get paid out the ass. I have friends who pull 200 cash a night at cheesecake factory .. fvck that, no way they deserve that type of money.

Burgz V2
08-11-2013, 11:24 PM
i tip if i get good service, I tip less when I don't.

if i doubt i will get good service, or don't feel like tipping someone to have a meal, I just stay home. Really simple imo.

I'm a pretty damn good cook and I don't go to places out of my price range that I'd squabble over a tip, so I don't mind either way

Lamar Doom
08-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Why am I tippin then?

If black people dont tip? then I need to get with the program and stop tipping..

F*ck that!! we may as well keep our money in our pockets if we gonna get sh*tty service from lowlife servers anyway :confusedshrug: F*ck them

Asininine logic there, you're way too smart for that. "There's a negative stereotype about me, f*ck it then, I'll just perpetuate it". People think blacks don't eat p*ssy, you should stop licking clit. People think blacks are criminals, you should join a gang. I certainly understand the frustration but that's just a ridiculous conclusion.

Unless things have changed it would be impossible for a server to survive on their hourly wage. Not tipping is stealing as far as I'm concerned. Not saying you have to give 20% or you can't adjust tip for the occasional rude or shitty server but come on.

AintNoSunshine
08-11-2013, 11:38 PM
the concept of paying for service thru tipping is very stupid. Just add it to the bill as another item or add it to the price like in China, problem solved. I am pretty sure altho 90% of the people tip, most don't like it.

MadeFromDust
08-11-2013, 11:46 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.co/instances/250x250/39623308.jpg

MadeFromDust
08-11-2013, 11:56 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.co/instances/250x250/40086381.jpg

Rasheed1
08-12-2013, 12:07 AM
Asininine logic there, you're way too smart for that. "There's a negative stereotype about me, f*ck it then, I'll just perpetuate it". People think blacks don't eat p*ssy, you should stop licking clit. People think blacks are criminals, you should join a gang. I certainly understand the frustration but that's just a ridiculous conclusion.

if the servers are already in the back talking about how "blacks dont tip" (and they do definitely do that).. Then maybe I dont need to tip these muthaf*ckers...

Like I said, I tip if the service is good, but dont let me find out that the servers are in the back stereotyping because they see a table of black folks..

they wont get sh*t ... I wont even come to their place of business anymore.. and I'll tell all the people I know to boycott them too..

I tip because it is the nice thing to do... but dont act like I f*cking OWE you anything...Like I said earlier, you wont get a dime if you dont come correct.. let your boss cover the difference

Unless things have changed it would be impossible for a server to survive on their hourly wage. Not tipping is stealing as far as I'm concerned. Not saying you have to give 20% or you can't adjust tip for the occasional rude or shitty server but come on.

Imma nice guy and I'll give a tip to a person who EARNS it but its not stealing if I dont tip and I dont like the entitled attitude of some the servers..

you dont deserve my money... you need to earn it.. Its not my fault your wages are sh*tty, dont p*ss off the customers with the racist bullsh*t or you'll get nothing..

I know too many people who tip and are good to the waiters and waitresses to have them talking sh*t and acting like they deserve the money without earning it..

People could save the money they throw away if the workers dont appreciate the people who do tip them

flipogb
08-12-2013, 12:22 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.co/instances/250x250/40086381.jpg
hed be douche bag Greg to me if I was the friend

Heilige
08-12-2013, 12:27 AM
So...we have people admitting to spitting in food and guys judging a billion people to the extent that he wants proof someone who tips is black....

Somewhere in america right now some jackass who deserves jail time is spitting in someone food and will still act like people who dont give them additional money for bad service have no class.

This is a very simple issue. A customer is no responsible for paying an employee. That a small section of society managed to increase profit margins by getting around that is absurd. Its created a gang of entitled douchebags overstating how hard they have to work as if there arent millions of people with real tough jobs getting nothing for it.

First job I had was mixing concrete/stucco and taking it in buckets to the top of a hotel up a ladder. I made a total of 100 dollars....a WEEK. For 50+ hours work. Age 12.

Later I got a job building pallets of bricks from demolished buildings. I arrived 6am....sort through broken bricks to find those clean enough to be salvaged. And I make pallets of 600.

All day.

In the summer

In the south.

I did this backbreaking labor for a temp service...and as a condition of that service...they took the first 2 dollars an hour. So...I made 2 dollars an hour LESS than minimum wage.

Come be the garden loader at Kmart when its 96 degrees with 90% humidity during the week of a mulch and landscape timber sale. Stand and wait for people to ask you if its cool for them to sit in their truck while you find a cart put 20 bags of mulch on it then load it...while they sit in the AC and dont so much as stand up.

"Please do not tip" with a fun happy looking kid its says is just doing his job.

Load 150 bales of pine straw into a trailer by yourself in July while helping customers, having to be just as polite, and not getting shit extra while having to wait another week to get paid wondering where to get gas money till then.

Then talk to me about your feet hurting from walking back and forth in the AC and smiling at people who are expected to pay you cash for half that work. Especially people who dont actually have to prepare anything.

Ive been to fondue places where a server is involved heavily. Or a nice place with food served at the table by a waiter who has to know what hes doing. Some guy walking 12 feet to hand me a plate at wafflehouse feels just as entitled though.

And ive had these conversations with many of them. Ive known waiters as we all have. bartenders. All without exception believe non tippers are garbage....including ones who get paid a full wage. Woman I know was hired at wafflehouse to be a cook/hostess that doesnt get the low waitress pay. But she waits tables anyway. So she gets her full pay...still wants more....and she tells me she pulls 100-140 cash a lot of nights.

There are bartenders and servers all over the world in places that require no real serving ability pouring tea, and walking a few feet back and forth acting like people who work jobs they are physically or mentally incapable of are scum for not giving them a lot of money for doing a job a remote control car could do.

Ive sat in a chilis with a friends girlfriend(waitress) closing listening for an hour to her bitch about tips while wrapping forks in napkins...

This same girl when she broke up with her old boyfriend stole his comic book collection and gave it, his bird, and his shoes away, and wrecked his couch.

But shes talking about people who dont give her rude ass enough money for a job that requires no ability.

I tip. Every time. And middle aged black women are some of the biggest tippers I know.

But lets say I didnt....

I buy anti mosquito nets for malaria prevention in the third world, I help every old person I ever see do anything(Once a boyscout always a boyscout), and I will help virtually anyone with any problem I can.

Im a scumbag if I dont give a tip to a guy whobrings me a pancake at IHOP and I never say a word to him but "Nah" when he asks I I need a refil.

This man deserves my money...and if he doesnt get it...im awful...no matter what.

But I can go to the Er and have a young doctor who owes 10 years of a waiters salary in student loans to the point hes gotta work 12 hour shifts to get by....save my sons life.

He might actually need 10 years to start to really profit. And hes saving lives.

But he gets no tip.

Douchebag at Applebees who will spit in my food next time if I dont give him 10 bucks...he gets a tip.

The teacher who considering time grading, in afterschool programs, shopping for class supplies that will not be repaid for by the district, and meeting with/talking to parents...works a 78 hour week. I dont need to tip her for...looking after my child all day and teaching him the tools to make a good life for himself.

Nah. Not only do we not tip her...she gets fired if my kid is too dumb to pass a statewide test.

These people want the money if they get paid a full wage or not. as a guy above said some states dont let places go under minimum wage for servers. Think in those places they arent pissing in coffee if you "stiff" them?

That society accepts some of its least skilled/important/easily replaced people as special enough to have the customer pay them directly...and not the many jobs far more important, more taxing on you physically and mentally, and many of which dont really pay much if any more in the end......is bffling.

But the industry pulled it off. It gets customers to pay their employees and has convinced them that that is the natural order of things.

And hordes of people complaining about their job(like EVERYONE does) make it out to be more than it is to justify it out of self interest.

Because society decided thats how its done....and because that society is full of hateful idiots like the one in here who assume that if I dont...its because of my skin color.

I cant justify tipping at most places(not all). But I do it. And im sure thats the way it is for many.

It doesnt have to make sense. You do it because some idiot who probably cant articulate why he deserves it other than being used to getting it...will be annoyed if you dont.

And the money is rarely enough to make some poor guys day worse. Even if that poor guy might well wipe his ass with my hamburger bun next time if I dont pay....and then call me classless.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Surprised this post went unnoticed.

What type of career do you have right now?

KNOW1EDGE
08-12-2013, 12:40 AM
The concept of "tipping" is a scam made up by the restaurant industry that has been universally accepted.

Why do I as a consumer need to pay your employee for doing their job in order to get good service and ensure that my food is not f*cked with the next time I come in??

And the people who complain about not getting a tip should either find a new job, or work harder.

I don't owe a waiter anything. I paid for me meal.
You earn an hourly wage to do your job, your job is to take my order, bring me my food, and bring me my check. why do self-entitled a$$holes feel they should get paid twice?

I tip 95% of the time. I never feel bad leaving a small tip or no tip at all. If the person goes above and beyond and is extremely nice and personable I leave a hefty tip. If someone is an average server I leave a below average tip. If someone is a below average waiter I leave no tip at all. I don't OWE you MY money for doing YOUR job. I already paid for my food and the restaurants services when I paid my tab.

KNOW1EDGE
08-12-2013, 12:52 AM

Are you stupid?

Who depends on other peoples generosity to get by?
That sounds like a homeless person to me.

If you depend on other peoples generosity to get by, find a new job.

Who in their right mind, would get a job knowing they cant afford to live with that salary, but say "well ill take this job knowing its not enough money, and ill just count on people to tip me really good every night so I can support my self" "and if people don't give me extra money for doing my job that I already get paid for, then they are d1ckheads and im gonna spit in their food next time"

Are you f*cking kidding me? :facepalm

Rasheed1
08-12-2013, 12:53 AM
To see this racist bullsh*t? It is an insult to all the people I know who dine out regularly and tip very well.. I'll keep my money in my pocket... I tell my mom, my friends, my family,my co workers to keep their money in their pockets because the servers dont respect you...

and another thing... If I EVER see some spit in my food? I will take that food and smash it in the face of whoever served it to me... I will make you eat your own f*cking spit (or p*ss or whatever vile sh*t you put in my food thinking it would be funny)..

Dont play with me.. I will embarrass you in front of everyone

tpols
08-12-2013, 01:05 AM
To see this racist bullsh*t? It is an insult to all the people I know who dine out regularly and tip very well.. I'll keep my money in my pocket... I tell my mom, my friends, my family,my co workers to keep their money in their pockets because the servers dont respect you...

and another thing... If I EVER see some spit in my food? I will take that food and smash it in the face of whoever served it to me... I will make you eat your own f*cking spit (or p*ss or whatever vile sh*t you put in my food thinking it would be funny)..

And.. You'll be sitting in a cell charged with assault. Calling friend or family to bail you out/pick you up. Talk about embarrasing

Rasheed1
08-12-2013, 01:12 AM
And.. You'll be sitting in a cell charged with assault. Calling friend or family to bail you out/pick you up. Talk about embarrasing

So be it...

dont you EVER try to p*ss or put some vile sh*t in my food or you will pay the price in front of everyone...

qrich
08-12-2013, 01:21 AM
There is nothing wrong with tipping a low amount, or not at all since it is 100% your own decision. It sucks that the waiter needs to rely on tips or gets <minimum wage, but hey, talk to your employer or get a different position.

Go work as a CSR for a third party doing billing for Time Warner Cable and you'll make a cool $9-12.50 an hour for sitting on your ass, in an air conditioned/heated environment, talking on the phone and posting on ISH all shift.

Just2McFly
08-12-2013, 01:31 AM
My arguments have been valid and legit. You're just mad. You need to post on your original account and stop playing hide n seek like the Canadian rainbow you are.

Grade : 1/10

Pros : effort (albeit weak)

Cons: weak insults based off absolutely nothing valid or logical, clearly an emotional response

Things to work on: Stop creating inane arguments where you don't have a point( see your "discussion with Ace"); posting less stupid shit(everyone knows who I am, never been one to hide )

I know for fact that I deliver to more slots than you ever did on your weak ass routes old man, go kill yourself

Jameerthefear
08-12-2013, 01:32 AM
Technically he could call the cops for someone putting something in his food...

andgar923
08-12-2013, 01:33 AM
This is the most racist that I ever get I suppose.

Black people for some reason don't want to tip (generally speaking).

Most of my black friends never tipped before we started hanging out (not sure if they tip when I'm not with them). If they did tip, they'd leave very little.

I always tip even if the service is subpar, the service has to be horrible for me to think about not tipping. The 3 times in my life that I've received bad service I left 50 cents for the waitress, and gave the bus boy some bills (it aint his fault).

Now, do black people generally speaking get bad service by comparison?

Yes

But the reason they get bad service is because they don't tip. So servers are already dreading serving them, they know either way that they might be f*cked. And YES that's true with black servers as well. Black servers hate dealing with black customers evern moreso. I knew 2 black waitresses and my boy was a bartender, and they all said the same thing.

I think that if you frequent a place, it's good to always tip, because they'll remember you and they'll talk to each other. You don't want your food to be f*cked with.

qrich
08-12-2013, 01:34 AM

Then they could be cell mates!

tpols
08-12-2013, 01:41 AM
of course.. smart thing to do would be to call cops get up in front of everyone and denounce the place to all customers. Far more embarrassment for the overall business, they would want nothing to do with the waiter and would sell his/her ass downstream in a second to save face.

tpols
08-12-2013, 01:48 AM

Most of my black friends never tipped before we started hanging out (not sure if they tip when I'm not with them). If they did tip, they'd leave very little.

I always tip even if the service is subpar, the service has to be horrible for me to think about not tipping. The 3 times in my life that I've received bad service I left 50 cents for the waitress, and gave the bus boy some bills (it aint his fault).

Yes

But the reason they get bad service is because they don't tip. So servers are already dreading serving them, they know either way that they might be f*cked. And YES that's true with black servers as well. Black servers hate dealing with black customers evern moreso. I knew 2 black waitresses and my boy was a bartender, and they all said the same thing.

I think that if you frequent a place, it's good to always tip, because they'll remember you and they'll talk to each other. You don't want your food to be f*cked with.
Isnt just black people.. its really a lot of factors but being poorer[generally speaking] leads to lesser tips.

When I used to deliver, one side of town, full of poor white people, never tipped well. And they were the farthest from the restaurant. Rich section with mercedes and bmws out front were iffy, some tip some dont.

The apartments right out behind the place? Full of middle class all races, they tipped great.. which was odd since it was so close. Seems as though they understood the struggle more and were willing to throw you an extra dollar. Unlike the poor, often lazy more assholish people or the rich who just dont care.

BasedTom
08-12-2013, 01:49 AM
I don't get why tipping is such a huge deal to people. If you don't tip me, well okay then, on to the next person. I'm not going to hunt you down and slash your tires because you didn't want to tip me. I've heard stories of people trying to get so-called revenge over tipping, and it makes absolutely no sense to me.

tpols
08-12-2013, 01:52 AM
I don't get why tipping is such a huge deal to people. If you don't tip me, well okay then, on to the next person. I'm not going to hunt you down and slash your tires because you didn't want to tip me. I've heard stories of people trying to get so-called revenge over tipping, and it makes absolutely no sense to me.
Its kinda wierd.. when I would get a good tip, itd be 5 seconds of gratitude and happiness, and then whatever in a flash. When you get a bad tip though? It resonates with you for 10x longer. Can be really frustrating.. I didnt even make much at all to begin with

andgar923
08-12-2013, 01:57 AM
Isnt just black people.. its really a lot of factors but being poorer[generally speaking] leads to lesser tips.

When I used to deliver, one side of town, full of poor white people, never tipped well. And they were the farthest from the restaurant. Rich section with mercedes and bmws out front were iffy, some tip some dont.

The apartments right out behind the place? Full of middle class all races, they tipped great.. which was odd since it was so close. Seems as though they understood the struggle more and were willing to throw you an extra dollar. Unlike the poor, often lazy more assholish people or the rich who just dont care.

I'm talking about 'restaurants' more than anything.

Tipping for pizza is different I suppose. Reason being, I've been in situations in which I just had enough to buy the pizza, I'd have to scrap change to just buy it. Althoug I always made sure to tip the driver and if i didn't have enough of a tip I'd apologize and explain, they were usually cool about it.

But what I'm referring to is when one goes out to eat.

And naturally, cheap people come in all races, ethnicities and economic status. But 'generally' speaking a black customer will be more likely not to tip. If you go to a restaurant and can't afford a minimum tip, then you shouldn't really be going out in the first place.

andgar923
08-12-2013, 02:01 AM

Some people may depend on it more than you perhaps :confusedshrug:

Others may take that as an insult.

I know I do as a retail sales associate that works on commission. If I spend 30 minutes with you (or more) and everything is fine, then you go to another associate and have them take the sale I take it personal. I've had that happen twice to me. Once the customer came back and wanted me to help her out, I basically told her to fck off (in a polite proffessional way). It's about courtesy and respect, I guess some people value it more than others.

Smoke117
08-12-2013, 02:03 AM
I'm talking about 'restaurants' more than anything.

Tipping for pizza is different I suppose. Reason being, I've been in situations in which I just had enough to buy the pizza, I'd have to scrap change to just buy it. Althoug I always made sure to tip the driver and if i didn't have enough of a tip I'd apologize and explain, they were usually cool about it.

But what I'm referring to is when one goes out to eat.

And naturally, cheap people come in all races, ethnicities and economic status. But 'generally' speaking a black customer will be more likely not to tip. If you go to a restaurant and can't afford a minimum tip, then you shouldn't really be going out in the first place.

SHUT THE **** UP. I'm don't even care about Scottie...he can be a **** to the world around, but NONE of of his TEAMMATES have to say shit about him, while Mike has almost EVERY TEAMMATE proclaim what a **** HE WAS. Even fans that have met Jordan proclaim him a **** that would be hard to surpass. All this shit about how Mike was good to people off the court is hilarious as he's been nothing but a t.wat since he retarded...you know since he was trying to keep a reputation? So shut the ****. That story about how Scottie was drunk and talking shit on the bus, Mike didn't say shit because HE AGREED, he hated Krause just as much, it was only Phil who kept Scottie from talking even more crap.

andgar923
08-12-2013, 02:13 AM
SHUT THE **** UP. I'm don't even care about Scottie...he can be a **** to the world around, but NONE of of his TEAMMATES have to say shit about him, while Mike has almost EVERY TEAMMATE proclaim what a **** HE WAS. Even fans that have met Jordan proclaim him a **** that would be hard to surpass. All this shit about how Mike was good to people off the court is hilarious as he's been nothing but a t.wat since he retarded...you know since he was trying to keep a reputation? So shut the ****. That story about how Scottie was drunk and talking shit on the bus, Mike didn't say shit because HE AGREED, he hated Krause just as much, it was only Phil who kept Scottie from talking even more crap.
I really hope this was sarcasm.

If so :applause: nice one.

MavsSuperFan
08-12-2013, 02:31 AM

You are overreacting to a scene from louis ck's show. Its for comedy, its exaggerated. I dont think the majority of people would go out of their way to be ***** to black people.

Secondly if you go out regularly to a place and tip very well the servers there will take care of you. It is in the financial best interests to do so.

The whole point is that you will never know. They will come up smile at your face and give you your food. People dont go into the kitchens to see how their food is prepared. There is a very little chance you would be able to tell if something vile was put into your food. Its not like they are spitting into your food in front of you. shit goes down behind closed doors.

MavsSuperFan
08-12-2013, 02:36 AM
It is messed up.

This thread has actually a few good arguments against tipping. But I like to go to the same restaurants all the time, and money isnt tight right now. So I would like to reduce the chances of having someone put something nasty into my food.

I guess I tip out of fear more than anything :lol

MadeFromDust
08-12-2013, 02:44 AM
It is messed up.

This thread has actually a few good arguments against tipping. But I like to go to the same restaurants all the time, and money isnt tight right now. So I would like to reduce the chances of having someone put something nasty into my food.

I guess I tip out of fear more than anything :lol
The wait staff are extortionists I tell ya

Nevaeh
08-12-2013, 09:02 AM

Yes

And that's the sad part about this whole thing. Instead of maybe taking a person to the side and explaining why it's customary, or "good manners" to leave a tip, the servers make themselves no better than the "cheap" customers by purposely sabotaging their food. This not only could potentially lead to the customer getting sick, but is an almost sure fire way to lose that customer for life.

There are some things that people do (or not do) out of ignorance, and not because they don't care. My mom taught me about tipping when I was teenager, so I already understood the general idea behind it, and I also worked in the service sector myself as a teen. But some kids just aren't taught. They figure if they drop a nice bill on the food, then their job is done.

As far a Sam Swish's posts go, I wish I could actually say that his responses surprise me, but honestly, at this stage in life, I just can't be shocked like I used to. I would, however, be curious to know how many black dudes have Swish taken the time to educate about tipping, instead of throwing all blacks under the bus together, like we're a hive of bees working off of one "Central Brain" or some sh!t.

It kinda reminds me of bigots complaining about how blacks need to "get a job", yet those same people won't take a couple hours out of their lives to maybe show some young black kid how to even fill out an application.

Old cliche, I know but, "if you're not part of the solution, then you're a part of the problem as well".

Rasheed1
08-12-2013, 09:46 AM
You are overreacting to a scene from louis ck's show. Its for comedy, its exaggerated. I dont think the majority of people would go out of their way to be ***** to black people.

yes it was comedy sketch but it is based on something real... Look at some of the racist BS in this thread.. there are some very nice attentive waiters and waitresses out there, but there are also some ass holes

its the entitled attitude that some people have, and yes some of these lowlifes happen to be waiters or waitresses

Secondly if you go out regularly to a place and tip very well the servers there will take care of you. It is in the financial best interests to do so.

The whole point is that you will never know. They will come up smile at your face and give you your food. People dont go into the kitchens to see how their food is prepared. There is a very little chance you would be able to tell if something vile was put into your food. Its not like they are spitting into your food in front of you. shit goes down behind closed doors.

Cowards had better HOPE I never know. I check my food regularly, especially at fast food places... You see the idiots on facebook and youtube who spit and p*ss in people's food, wipe their balls and lick the tacos.. all kinds of nasty stuff..

Its not easy to pick up on, but it can be done..

raiderfan19
08-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Unless the service is absolute dog shit, I leave 15% minimum, 20 for normal22 for great service. The reason i don't agree with not tipping poor service(as long as its not ridiculous) is that we all have bad days at work. I don't not get paid if I'm in a bad mood.

MavsSuperFan
08-12-2013, 11:34 AM
yes it was comedy sketch but it is based on something real... Look at some of the racist BS in this thread.. there are some very nice attentive waiters and waitresses out there, but there are also some ass holes

its the entitled attitude that some people have, and yes some of these lowlifes happen to be waiters or waitresses

Cowards had better HOPE I never know. I check my food regularly, especially at fast food places... You see the idiots on facebook and youtube who spit and p*ss in people's food, wipe their balls and lick the tacos.. all kinds of nasty stuff..

Its not easy to pick up on, but it can be done..

all good comedy is an exaggerated truth. getting mad at comedy is an unintelligent overreaction imo. Its like those white people who get mad at black comedians for jokes.

Waiters and waitresses are just about the most common profession nowadays. a huge swath of all ethnicities and races work as servers. its a sign of our failed economic system that service jobs are now the standard instead of manufacturing jobs.

Cowards had better HOPE I never know. I check my food regularly, especially at fast food places... You see the idiots on facebook and youtube who spit and p*ss in people's food, wipe their balls and lick the tacos.. all kinds of nasty stuff

I dont mean to alarm you but I have heard first hand about the things servers do to people who they feel are stealing their money (once again thats how they feel, I am not saying it is correct).

I personally tip, and think people who dont are selfish, but some of the stuff I have heard online and first hand is messed up. Not giving someone a tip does not justify hurting them on that level. I wouldnt blame anyone for beating someone that messed with their food, but the point is you would never know and if you just start assaulting people on suspicions you would probably assault lots of innocent people. Eg. Ron artest assaulted the wrong guy.

Also I dont know where you work, but in the places I have worked getting arrested for assault = instant dismissal. assaults on your record dont help future prospects

An ex of mine worked as a waitress and she would tell me of the things they did to repeat customers who were poor tippers or non-tippers. messed up shit man.

rubbing the inside of a butt cheek and sticking a finger into the drink and/or rubbing on the steak/chicken/etc.
spitting into their sauce and blending the sauce until smooth.
Guys touch their ***** and using their hands to contaminate the food.
dripping toilet water on food and into drinks

I have also heard a bunch of stuff on the internet, the worst I can remember is a guy taking smegma off his dick and flaking it on food and then sprinkling parmesan cheese on top.

Human taste buds and smell receptors are relatively weak and unperceptive. You hope you would notice. I dont think people realize how vulnerable the make themselves when they allow someone to prepare their food. Its best to stay on the good side of the people you allow to prepare and serve your food.

Edit: if you are going to skip out on tipping, try to avoid patronizing the same restaurants. They dont **** with you the first time because they dont know you wont tip them. Also they target poor/non tippers that are extremely demanding even moreso.

nightprowler10
08-12-2013, 11:45 AM
From an outsiders perspective, I found it strange at first that tipping was more or less considered mandatory. The way I see it now is that it is a cultural norm to tip, as in it is an accepted practice by society that the customer takes care of part of the waiter's pay.

Jameerthefear
08-12-2013, 12:07 PM
all good comedy is an exaggerated truth. getting mad at comedy is an unintelligent overreaction imo. Its like those white people who get mad at black comedians for jokes.

Waiters and waitresses are just about the most common profession nowadays. a huge swath of all ethnicities and races work as servers. its a sign of our failed economic system that service jobs are now the standard instead of manufacturing jobs.

I dont mean to alarm you but I have heard first hand about the things servers do to people who they feel are stealing their money (once again thats how they feel, I am not saying it is correct).

I personally tip, and think people who dont are selfish, but some of the stuff I have heard online and first hand is messed up. Not giving someone a tip does not justify hurting them on that level. I wouldnt blame anyone for beating someone that messed with their food, but the point is you would never know and if you just start assaulting people on suspicions you would probably assault lots of innocent people. Eg. Ron artest assaulted the wrong guy.

Also I dont know where you work, but in the places I have worked getting arrested for assault = instant dismissal. assaults on your record dont help future prospects

An ex of mine worked as a waitress and she would tell me of the things they did to repeat customers who were poor tippers or non-tippers. messed up shit man.

rubbing the inside of a butt cheek and sticking a finger into the drink and/or rubbing on the steak/chicken/etc.
spitting into their sauce and blending the sauce until smooth.
Guys touch their ***** and using their hands to contaminate the food.
dripping toilet water on food and into drinks

I have also heard a bunch of stuff on the internet, the worst I can remember is a guy taking smegma off his dick and flaking it on food and then sprinkling parmesan cheese on top.

Human taste buds and smell receptors are relatively weak and unperceptive. You hope you would notice. I dont think people realize how vulnerable the make themselves when they allow someone to prepare their food. Its best to stay on the good side of the people you allow to prepare and serve your food.

Edit: if you are going to skip out on tipping, try to avoid patronizing the same restaurants. They dont **** with you the first time because they dont know you wont tip them. Also they target poor/non tippers that are extremely demanding even moreso.
yeahhhh i don't think i want to go out to eat anymore...

MavsSuperFan
08-12-2013, 12:24 PM
yeahhhh i don't think i want to go out to eat anymore...

They arent going to randomly do it to you. They target people the think have wronged them repeatedly.

They feel they are in the right. You know that movie the help, where the black lady puts her feces into the white lady's food. They see themselves as the black lady getting revenge for a wrong. You tip even 10% and you are fine from what I have heard.

Rasheed1
08-12-2013, 12:29 PM

this doesnt make sense... On one hand you call it an "exaggerated truth", and say its an "an unintelligent overreaction" to a joke (trying to downplay the reality of it all) but then you go to talk about all the people and experiences you know of where this sh*t happens.. WTF??? :oldlol:

Im not naive about any of this stuff... And like I said a few times.. If I ever catch someone playing with my food? Im gonna whupp their ass.. its thats simple.. Im not even playing when I say that. I work for a school district, but I am close enough with my administrators that I would have a chance to explain the situation.. I doubt I get fired over it.. people have done worse and retain their jobs..

MavsSuperFan
08-12-2013, 12:41 PM
this doesnt make sense... On one hand you call it an "exaggerated truth", and say its an "an unintelligent overreaction" to a joke (trying to downplay the reality of it all) but then you go to talk about all the people and experiences you know of where this sh*t happens.. WTF??? :oldlol:

Im not naive about any of this stuff... And like I said a few times.. If I ever catch someone playing with my food? Im gonna whupp their ass.. its thats simple.. Im not even playing when I say that. I work for a school district, but I am close enough with my administrators that I would have a chance to explain the situation.. I doubt I get fired over it.. people have done worse and retain their jobs..

All i meant by this was that I dont think waiters would talk openly about denying black people service irl, especially in front of another black waiter. The joke was that a white waitress complained to louis, he told a black waitress and she agreed with the white waitress. irl i doubt that the white waitress would have said anything or even adjusted her behaviour unless she had experience with the table.

Edit: all I was saying was that you seemed to get really angry over a scene from louis ck's show. a comedy show. Its like those white people who got mad at chapelle for his real world sketch. I had pegged you as smarter than getting offended by comedy. maybe i read you wrong as that scene making you angry, but you seemed pissed.

eg.

Why am I tippin then?

F*ck that!! we may as well keep our money in our pockets if we gonna get sh*tty service from lowlife servers anyway F*ck them

The examples I gave were not based on racism. it was based on the fact that the servers felt the patron's had repeatedly wronged them. Eg, been demanding and requiring a lot of effort in the past and than never tipping well/ at all.

I dont blame you for wanting to beat someone messing with your food. shit is messed up, just saying you would never know.

Edit: also you are going to end up beating a lot of women.

Eg. The white lady in the help would never have known unless the black lady told her.

Nick Young
08-12-2013, 12:43 PM
In Japan it is offensive to tip, and many restaurants don't take tips.

If it's good enough for Japan it's good enough for me.

I, like Larry David, am disgusted by people who act entitled to a tip, and even more who complain about a tip not being big enough because they served someone rich.

You are working as a waiter. It is nearly bottom of the barrel. It is not my job to give you bonus money for the simple task of doing your job, taking an order and carrying food and remembering which dish belongs to who. I waited for a year when I was 15. It wasn't that hard at all. I feel no sympathy or need to pay more money on top of the cost of my meal which is usually too expensive anyways.

GOBB
08-12-2013, 02:41 PM
In Japan it is offensive to tip, and many restaurants don't take tips.

If it's good enough for Japan it's good enough for me..

Here is a tip, f*ck Japan

GOBB
08-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Are you stupid?

Who depends on other peoples generosity to get by?
That sounds like a homeless person to me.

If you depend on other peoples generosity to get by, find a new job.

Who in their right mind, would get a job knowing they cant afford to live with that salary, but say "well ill take this job knowing its not enough money, and ill just count on people to tip me really good every night so I can support my self" "and if people don't give me extra money for doing my job that I already get paid for, then they are d1ckheads and im gonna spit in their food next time"

Are you f*cking kidding me? :facepalm

You dont make any sense whatsoever. You lack common sense as well. You dont even know how much waiters generally get paid. If you did you would see my point. Its common knowledge just not in your warped world.

GOBB
08-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Grade : 1/10

Pros : effort (albeit weak)

Cons: weak insults based off absolutely nothing valid or logical, clearly an emotional response

Things to work on: Stop creating inane arguments where you don't have a point( see your "discussion with Ace"); posting less stupid shit(everyone knows who I am, never been one to hide )

I know for fact that I deliver to more slots than you ever did on your weak ass routes old man, go kill yourself

Who are you? I have no idea who you are besides a nobody that everyone knows. My point was proven with ace.

You sound like a battered wife. Not apologizing for owning you, rubbing you the wrong way in the past. Man up, put your big boy pants on. :confusedshrug:

All your posts towards me is you complaining about me. You cry too much. You're too old for that.

Rasheed1
08-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Edit: all I was saying was that you seemed to get really angry over a scene from louis ck's show. a comedy show. Its like those white people who got mad at chapelle for his real world sketch. I had pegged you as smarter than getting offended by comedy. maybe i read you wrong as that scene making you angry, but you seemed pissed.

Not so much mad at the skit, but more mad at the idea that people in reality do indeed stereotype black customers..

its insulting to black folks who do tip.. there's no way to tell who the people are who say sh*t like that (unless you know some people who work in an establishment and they tell you who does it)

its like assuming a person will steal because they are black.. I dont shop in stores that disrespect the customers like that.

I dont steal, and I dont expect to be treated like a thief when Im shopping..

I tip well, and I dont expect to be stereotyped by ignorant staff..

GOBB
08-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Why do people say find another job?

Unless the service is absolute dog shit, I leave 15% minimum, 20 for normal22 for great service. The reason i don't agree with not tipping poor service(as long as its not ridiculous) is that we all have bad days at work. I don't not get paid if I'm in a bad mood.

Cant compare not getting paid in a bad mood to not tipping for bad service. Bad, terrible service a server must know which I think they do that it will affect their tip. Comes with the territory.

andgar923
08-12-2013, 03:09 PM
The most disturbing comment when it comes to this debate is "if they don't like it they should go find another job."

And sadly, these comments usually come from black people.

They should know that if they're working as a server at a restaurant it's because they couldn't find a better job. Nobody says to themtcselves "I want to be a server when I grow up!" Waiting tables is usually a last resort to make ends meet for almost all of them. I've seen how sh*tty they get treated and I woudln't want to do their job (and I work in retail).

It's just sad that it comes to that.

One question for some of you.

What do you guys consider 'bad' service?

Bad service to me is the server purposely ignoring you, won't make eye contact with you, won't check on you, doesn't smile, just dumps your food on the table, doesn't apologize, could be rude and condenscending, forgets to bring you your full meal etc. etc.

I understand people have bad days, so I wouldn't want to get them fired or anything, but they can at least try to be more professional. And make some kind of attempt.

I also make sure that I'm really nice and appreciative for their service.

I don't like it when people look down on them, demean or dismiss them. They don't say "please" or "thank you" and won't stop their conversations when the server comes to the table. Shit is just rude, disrespectful and shows lack of manners and courtesy.

I've seen people talk to them like they're their overlords/masters, sad shit really.

2LeTTeRS
08-12-2013, 03:21 PM

I do this too; because 1) my girl used to be a waitress and I respect what they do and 2) and most importantly because I was trying to reverse the belief that black diners don't tip. The only exception is when the waiter/waitress seems to ignore me or otherwise give me bad service.

You would think that wouldn't happen, but I've been in a restaurant and been intentionally overlooked throughout my entire dinner. Drinks were never refilled, gave me mashed potatoes with onions when i explicitly asked to not have them, and walked by my at least 5 times as I said her name or made eye contact with her trying to get her to bring my ticket so I could pay and leave. Only gave her $2 on a $50 order.

GOBB
08-12-2013, 03:23 PM
The most disturbing comment when it comes to this debate is "if they don't like it they should go find another job."

They should know that if they're working as a server at a restaurant it's because they couldn't find a better job. Nobody says to themtcselves "I want to be a server when I grow up!" Waiting tables is usually a last resort to make ends meet for almost all of them. I've seen how sh*tty they get treated and I woudln't want to do their job (and I work in retail).

Bad service to me is the server purposely ignoring you, won't make eye contact with you, won't check on you, doesn't smile, just dumps your food on the table, doesn't apologize, could be rude and condenscending, forgets to bring you your full meal etc. etc.

I understand people have bad days, so I wouldn't want to get them fired or anything, but they can at least try to be more professional. And make some kind of attempt.

I don't like it when people look down on them, demean or dismiss them. They don't say "please" or "thank you" and won't stop their conversations when the server comes to the table. Shit is just rude, disrespectful and shows lack of manners and courtesy.

I've seen people talk to them like they're their overlords/masters, sad shit really.

So you're implying that posters who said that in this very thread are black?

Bad service to me is lousy attitude, being slow with simple requests like napkins, clean silverware, ketchup, bad body language, no awareness of the meal/drinks brought out. By awareness I ask for Lemonade and its lukewarm? I'm not asking you to dip your finger in it but you know when something is cold and when it is not. To me that is your job to be mindful of that and make sure I receive an ice cold beverage. Not asking me how me and whomever is at my table is doing. Combination of these things to me = bad service = I'm less likely to tip you or tip you well for that matter.

andgar923
08-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Not so much mad at the skit, but more mad at the idea that people in reality do indeed stereotype black customers..

its insulting to black folks who do tip.. there's no way to tell who the people are who say sh*t like that (unless you know some people who work in an establishment and they tell you who does it)

its like assuming a person will steal because they are black.. I dont shop in stores that disrespect the customers like that.

I dont steal, and I dont expect to be treated like a thief when Im shopping..

I tip well, and I dont expect to be stereotyped by ignorant staff..

Stereotyping does suck (I'm a bald Mexican), but dude be honest

2LeTTeRS
08-12-2013, 03:26 PM

All day.

In the summer

In the south.

But lets say I didnt....

But he gets no tip.

Can't believe I missed this post. Take a bow man, that was perfect.

Nick Young
08-12-2013, 03:27 PM

Not every single waiter on the planet is a poor desperate single mother with no other choice in the world forced to wait tables to feed her three babies.

ALSO even if that was the case, waiting tables, usually getting free leftovers at the end of your shift, getting to work inside where it's usually warm, it really isn't that bad a job at all when you think of all the bad jobs out there.

And most aren't in her situation. Some waiters are just people with 0 ambition.

And again, their job is EASY AS SHIT, I KNOW BECAUSE I DID IT FOR HALF A YEAR! take orders and carry food without dropping it! You don't even have to make the food! It's LITERALLY one of the EASIEST JOBS IN THE WORLD! I dont understand why I should pay extra money to someone who writes down my order and then carries it to me. Especially when I already have to pay so much for the food. +Gratuity fee now.

WTF is a gratuity fee!? So now you pay gratuity+A TIP TO THE PERSON WHO CARRIED TO FOOD 30 FEET TO MY TABLE?

WTF

andgar923
08-12-2013, 03:30 PM
So you're implying that posters who said that in this very thread are black?

Bad service to me is lousy attitude, being slow with simple requests like napkins, clean silverware, ketchup, bad body language, no awareness of the meal/drinks brought out. By awareness I ask for Lemonade and its lukewarm? I'm not asking you to dip your finger in it but you know when something is cold and when it is not. To me that is your job to be mindful of that and make sure I receive an ice cold beverage. Not asking me how me and whomever is at my table is doing. Combination of these things to me = bad service = I'm less likely to tip you or tip you well for that matter.

not implying it, I'm saying it.

But it's not just directed at posters in this forum. I've been part of this debate on other forums (which were predominantly black) and had these convos in real life. And YES that suggestion gets brought up from time to time by somebody. And it isn't mentioned with sarcasm either.

GOBB
08-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Can't believe I missed this post. Take a bow man, that was perfect.

F*ck Blaze man. Reading that story all I saw was a black man, bald, big that wears suspenders.

http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/article-1346741012199-14d29f85000005dc-279748_466x551.jpg

He left out the part where he used to pick cotton from ages 8-10.

andgar923
08-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Not every single waiter on the planet is a poor desperate single mother with no other choice in the world forced to wait tables to feed her three babies.

ALSO even if that was the case, waiting tables, usually getting free leftovers at the end of your shift, getting to work inside where it's usually warm, it really isn't that bad a job at all when you think of all the bad jobs out there.

And most aren't in her situation. Some waiters are just people with 0 ambition.

And again, their job is EASY AS SHIT, I KNOW BECAUSE I DID IT FOR HALF A YEAR! take orders and carry food without dropping it! You don't even have to make the food! It's LITERALLY one of the EASIEST JOBS IN THE WORLD! I dont understand why I should pay extra money to someone who writes down my order and then carries it to me. Especially when I already have to pay so much for the food. +Gratuity fee now.

WTF is a gratuity fee!? So now you pay gratuity+A TIP TO THE PERSON WHO CARRIED TO FOOD 30 FEET TO MY TABLE?

WTF

You clearly didn't do this, because there's more to it than that.

And while most servers aren't struggling mothers, pelase don't pretend that this was their first choice or that they're living lavishly. Not to say that they're all struggling and poor either, just don't make it seem as tho this was their first choice. Most of them have this job as a last option.

Lamar Doom
08-12-2013, 03:39 PM
if you can't manage 15-20% then don't go out to eat you cheap f*cks. pathetic you guys trying to explain why you don't think you should tip, what a load of bullshit rhetoric to excuse you being a miser.

Dictator
08-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Gobb :facepalm

Typical ISH....When you don't have an argument apply the race card.

There is not "one" single logical reason to tip. I always tip, but don't act like it's justifiable.

Rasheed1
08-12-2013, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE=andgar923]Stereotyping does suck (I'm a bald Mexican), but dude be honest

rhythmic
08-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Yet another reason why Sir Charles is an awesome guy:

He's also broke. :oldlol:

rhythmic
08-12-2013, 04:18 PM
you say stereotyping sucks... then you go on to stereotype...

If you dont have any data to back up statements, you should stop the "most black people" bullsh*t because that is nothing but your OPINION..

Comments like the one you made are the problem.. Thats where the disrespect starts.. When people pretend its one group's fault the problem exists

you sound ignorant..

I could walk around saying "most bald head mexican dudes stink and dont wash their armpits... C'mon dude you know it's true... What is it with these people? I dont get it? Is it a cultural thing?

Doesnt make it true... its just an ignorant statement... Maybe you need new friends or you need to expand your horizons a bit... Im black and I tip.. The people I know tip...

plenty of black people in this thread said they tip..

Did you count those people too?

the problem is the stereotyping and the ignorance, and then you expect people to take you seriously? gtfoh

I agree with you, black people do tip.
But I did date two blacks girls who wouldn't even leave 1 dollar as a tip, no matter what the bill. She'd offer to pay for a cab some nights and literally ask the driver for change off a 20 dollar bill.

The fee was 19.25... :lol

GOBB
08-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Gobb :facepalm

:confusedshrug:

Just2McFly
08-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Gobb catching amnesia :oldlol: :oldlol:

"Who are you?"

So sad

flipogb
08-12-2013, 05:12 PM
who the hell came up with the ridiculous 15% ? every time I see someone calculating the tip I want to punch them in the face

ALBballer
08-12-2013, 05:14 PM
I hate tipping so I refuse to eat out. It's considered part of the norm and if you don't want to tip then don't eat out.

But I do agree that the whole 15%-20% rule is complete BS in theory.

GOBB
08-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Gobb catching amnesia :oldlol: :oldlol:

"Who are you?"

So sad

I dont know. Too many new usernames I'm not keeping tabs on what punks change names. Jimmyadocious or whatever is another clown I have no clue who he is. John Stockton, another clown. All 3 of you complain to me about me. Why not post under regular usernames. :confusedshrug:

You kids are too old to play hide n seek on a messageboard.

TheReal Kendall
08-12-2013, 05:24 PM
I rarely tip and when I do it's not that much.

They get paid either way and if they only get paid by tips they should find another job.

Can't really expect people to tip you. It's not a law

Nick Young
08-12-2013, 05:27 PM
You clearly didn't do this, because there's more to it than that.

And while most servers aren't struggling mothers, pelase don't pretend that this was their first choice or that they're living lavishly. Not to say that they're all struggling and poor either, just don't make it seem as tho this was their first choice. Most of them have this job as a last option.
I clearly did do it. There is not much more to it then remembering orders and carrying food. And acting nice.

I quit that shit and upgraded to Abercrombie and Fitch (also a shit job) as soon as I had the chance.

Most people aren't waiters as a last option. People sell drugs and suck ***** as a last option. Chilling in a nice place and getting loads of nice leftovers+meals at lunch break for free, it is really not even close to the worst job in the world. Try being a charity fundraiser in a major city for example like I had to be.

Standing in the rain trying to get people's credit card details, everyone who walks by hates you, below minimum wage pay, 8-10 hour days standing in the rain, now that is a shit job, and there are much shitter jobs then that out there. And if you don't meet your weekly quota you get fired no questions asked.

Being a waiter is not hard. They don't deserve pity and they don't deserve bonus money on top of their wages.

Stop giving this job so much credit. It is not hard work and literally everyone on the planet with working arms and legs can do it no problem.+Free leftover food from the kitchens.

So they get to be inside, do minimal labor, get paid tips+Have their meals paid for+sometimes are allowed to take extra food home with them.

It is really not a bad job at all. It is nowhere near the bottom of the ladder in terms of jobs out there.

riseagainst
08-12-2013, 05:29 PM
****ing servants bitching about tips.. get a real job if you want real money you subservient prima donnas.. can't wait till robots replace you and I don't have to tip your small talkin' bitch-made asses anymore.

if they all get real jobs then we would have no one to serve us in restaurants you numb nuts.

GOBB

They get paid either way and if they only get paid by tips they should find another job.

Are you black?

MavsSuperFan

Friendly advice here, dont go to the same restaurants all the time.
Also try not to be too difficult on the wait staff.

ihatetimthomas
If you are going out to a restaurant, you should always plan on tipping at the very least 15-20% unless the service is horrid. For you guys who don't want to tip "on principle" then don't go out to eat at places where its common etiquette to tip and a place where people rely to those tips to make a decent wage. Hey, you don't have to like the system and quite frankly, I do not like it either. I do not like the fact that the cost is thrown onto the customers and the restaurants make out like bandits for paying a ungodly low wage to its workers. But don't take it out on servers and not tip them. And this is the world we live in. This has been going on for so long, its not coming out from left field. You should always expect you are going to tip when you dine out. There can be bad service but more often than not, you are going to get your drinks filled and you are going to get your meal served and you are going to enjoy your meal.

ihatetimthomas
08-12-2013, 05:32 PM

Most people settle for server jobs bc they have to and its the only way they can make a decent wage. I know people who serve, but not by choice. They have bills to pay or are going to school and its the only thing that works.

Its not the law, but its common etiquette to tip. Get take out or cook yourself if you are too cheap to tack on a few bucks.

Nick Young
08-12-2013, 05:35 PM
if you can't manage 15-20% then don't go out to eat you cheap f*cks. pathetic you guys trying to explain why you don't think you should tip, what a load of bullshit rhetoric to excuse you being a miser.
People are free to not tip in America if they don't want to.

Just because something is a societal norm doesn't mean it's morally right. I've been in many countries where people dont tip at restaurants and GUESS WHAT-the world keeps turning, and waiters keep on living.

The most disgusting thing to me is some asshole waiter complaining about not getting tipped enough. They have one of the easiest jobs in the world. Why them and bellboys in hotels deserve tips, and not THE GODDAMN CHEF WHO MAKES THE GODDAMN FOOD disturbs me.

I don't feel bad for not giving my hard earned money to a goddamn waiter for writing down an order and carrying a plate.

Nick Young
08-12-2013, 05:36 PM

if they all get real jobs then we would have no one to serve us in restaurants you numb nuts.
Wow, you mean I'd have to carry my own plate 30 feet to the table:eek: :eek: :eek:

Holy shit, the world really does need waiters!

riseagainst
08-12-2013, 05:39 PM
not sure about alot of blacks not tipping well, but Asians also don't tip well, generally. This is coming from an Asian. Even my mom has mentioned it alot. My parents and I always tip very generously because we have all worked in the service industry in the past and experienced, first hand, bad tipping despite excellent service.

riseagainst
08-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Wow, you mean I'd have to carry my own plate 30 feet to the table:eek: :eek: :eek:

Holy shit, the world really does need waiters!

what plate? A restaurant without waiters is a drive through, you can eat in your car or take it home.

ihatetimthomas
08-12-2013, 05:46 PM
People are free to not tip in America if they don't want to.

Just because something is a societal norm doesn't mean it's morally right. I've been in many countries where people dont tip at restaurants and GUESS WHAT-the world keeps turning, and waiters keep on living.

The most disgusting thing to me is some asshole waiter complaining about not getting tipped enough. They have one of the easiest jobs in the world. Why them and bellboys in hotels deserve tips, and not THE GODDAMN CHEF WHO MAKES THE GODDAMN FOOD disturbs me.

I don't feel bad for not giving my hard earned money to a goddamn waiter for writing down an order and carrying a plate.

Does it matter what the norm is in other countries? Who cares if you don't need to tip there. You live in the USA, where is etiquette to tip. If you don't like it, cook yourself.

Chefs make more money than servers. Did you honestly think they made the same?

Just because you may think their job is easy is a piss poor reason to not tip. I will say this, if their service is bad, then by all means don't tip. But if they did a decent job, then tip and don't be a cheap ass. These people rely on the tip

riseagainst
08-12-2013, 05:49 PM
restaurants in the U.S. pay waiters extremely low (like 2 dollars an hour) because the restaurants assume that all the tips the waiters make are going to even out their hourly wages to as least the minimum wage.

I wonder what became the norm first, tipping or the low hourly wage from the restaurants.

flipogb
08-12-2013, 05:52 PM
restaurants in the U.S. pay waiters extremely low (like 2 dollars an hour) because the restaurants assume that all the tips the waiters make are going to even out their hourly wages to as least the minimum wage.

I wonder what became the norm first, tipping or the low hourly wage from the restaurants.

but some states pay the minimum wage, and the tipping culture is still embedded .

Nick Young
08-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Does it matter what the norm is in other countries? Who cares if you don't need to tip there. You live in the USA, where is etiquette to tip. If you don't like it, cook yourself.

Chefs make more money than servers. Did you honestly think they made the same?

Just because you may think their job is easy is a piss poor reason to not tip. I will say this, if their service is bad, then by all means don't tip. But if they did a decent job, then tip and don't be a cheap ass. These people rely on the tip
Obviously I know they don't make the same. But if I wanted to tip anyone, it wouldn't be the idiot who carries the food to me, it would be the guy who made it.

I don't live in the US anymore, I live in the UK but don't tip much here ever.

Just because something is etiquette there is no reason you should go along with it if you are morally against.

Have you ever worked as a waiter? If so you'd know how easy it is.

A decent job of what? Smiling, writing down my order and then carrying it to me? What part of that is difficult and deserves special praise?

riseagainst
08-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Obviously I know they don't make the same. But if I wanted to tip anyone, it wouldn't be the idiot who carries the food to me, it would be the guy who made it.

I don't live in the US anymore, I live in the UK but don't tip much here ever.

Just because something is etiquette there is no reason you should go along with it if you are morally against.

Have you ever worked as a waiter? If so you'd know how easy it is.

A decent job of what? Smiling, writing down my order and then carrying it to me? What part of that is difficult and deserves special praise?

easy?
you must have had it easy. With all the a$$holes and hard a$$ Americans going through restaurants, constantly making demands like wanting exactly 3 ice cubes instead of a cup full of them, or vise versa, then turn their face on you when you gave them too little or too much ice. Or having a family of 8 dining in, 6 kids, that's right, 2 parents and 6 god damn children all under the age of 2 constantly crying and making a mess everywhere; spilling coke/sprite/food all over the god damn floor, then when they finally leave they tip you coins while all you are trying to do is clean up the huge mess they made that looks like a pile of sh1t in their homes.

I had these two witches come in one time to order something to go. I told them that each entree comes with your choice of steamed or fried rice, and they started yelling at me because they didn't want those side rices and wanted to order separate orders of rice. :biggums:

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Some restaurants already pay minimum wage. No, they are not relying on tips to survive.

It's against labor laws to pay someone a $2/hr wage because they expect tips to cover the rest.

What if the restaurant is slow? You cannot forecast the tips and lower wages.

Does it mean if I have no customers, then I can sit in the back and watch television?

Nick Young
08-12-2013, 06:04 PM
easy?
you must have had it easy. With all the a$$holes and hard a$$ Americans going through restaurants, constantly making demands like wanting exactly 3 ice cubes instead of a cup full of them, or vise versa, then turn their face on you when you gave them too little or too much ice. Or having a family of 8 dining in, 6 kids, that's right, 2 parents and 6 god damn children all under the age of 2 constantly crying and making a mess everywhere; spilling coke/sprite/food all over the god damn floor, then when they finally leave they tip you coins while all you are trying to do is clean up the huge mess they made that looks like a pile of sh1t in their homes.

I had these two witches come in one time to order something to go. I told them that each entree comes with your choice of steamed or fried rice, and they started yelling at me because they didn't want those side rices and wanted to order separate orders of rice. :biggums:

There are many jobs where you have to deal with idiot assholes like this. Look at for example any customer service job on the planet. Do you also tip the guy who works at the checkout counter at Target?

riseagainst
08-12-2013, 06:06 PM
There are many jobs where you have to deal with idiot assholes like this. Look at for example any customer service job on the planet. Do you also tip the guy who works at the checkout counter at Target?

no because they don't get paid 2 dollars an hour. They get paid like minimum wage to 9.

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 06:09 PM
There is not a TIP CREDIT that applies to California, Nevada, Alaska, Minnesota, Montana, Oregon and Washington.

They get minimum wage, tips are a luxury here.

Heck, I should be treated like a king everywhere I eat.

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Come to think about it. I have decided to no longer tip. If I do tip it's going to be $1 per person, that's with me.

I live in Cali and the waiters here don't rely on tips.

Lamar Doom
08-12-2013, 06:21 PM

come on, you're morally against tipping now? come off it dude, you're just trying to justify and rationalize being cheap and/or broke.
you can get away with not tipping a waiter, congrats. most waiters, for the record, tip out the bus boys, hostesses, and kitchen staff as well, so you're f*cking everybody over by pretending to have some ethical issue with the system in place. If you really do have an issue with it, fine, don't victimize the poorest person in the equation.
I'm not saying the job is brain surgery but it's a lot harder than working at a call center or in retail or many of the congruent jobs for people in that life. It allows for shorter, more flexible hours for people trying to put themselves through school, have second jobs, or other responsibilities. Their pay check is literally $0.00 in most cases.
It's pretty simple to me, if you're not gonna tip, don't go out to eat. Get take out, cook at home, get counter service, but don't steal from some poor bastard and pretend it's political or like they have some cushy job with all these perks so they don't deserve anything. Your 6 months as a waiter when you were 15 hardly qualify you to judge the people in this position, your minimalization of their responsibilities just sounds like naive simplification. You think their job is pointless, don't patronize their service. Ridiculous.

NugzFan
08-12-2013, 06:24 PM
love me a good tipping thread :cheers:

im on the side that feels that tipping is a nice scam the restaurants have going on (getting us to pay the waiters salaries) HOWEVER i always tip. always. and i tip well.

to those who dont believe in tipping, i feel should not go out to eat. does that give the waiters the right to spit in your food? absolutely not.

but if you choose to go and dont tip, thats just not right. i dont care how you justify it. the rules have been set and you are agreeing to them by setting foot in the restaurant. if you dont like tipping, just dont go. this is 100% fair.

also getting carry out = no tip.

ALBballer
08-12-2013, 06:28 PM
I will say that I just spent a few weeks abroad where tipping is not the norm and let me tell you the service is terrible. I had incidents where the waiter did not come over to my table for 20 minutes or I had to wait for over an hour for my food to come. So tipping provides an incentive the server will accommodate your needs and in a timely manner.

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 06:28 PM
love me a good tipping thread :cheers:

im on the side that feels that tipping is a nice scam the restaurants have going on (getting us to pay the waiters salaries) HOWEVER i always tip. always. and i tip well.

to those who dont believe in tipping, i feel should not go out to eat. does that give the waiters the right to spit in your food? absolutely not.

but if you choose to go and dont tip, thats just not right. i dont care how you justify it. the rules have been set and you are agreeing to them by setting foot in the restaurant. if you dont like tipping, just dont go. this is 100% fair.

also getting carry out = no tip.

I don't have to tip. I live in one of the states that don't have Tip Credit.

They get paid their entire minimum wage no matter what.

I really don't see an argument that we need to tip.

California, Nevada, Alaska, Minnesota, Montana, Oregon and Washington. If you live in these states, you don't have to tip.

Nick Young
08-12-2013, 06:37 PM
come on, you're morally against tipping now? come off it dude, you're just trying to justify and rationalize being cheap and/or broke.
you can get away with not tipping a waiter, congrats. most waiters, for the record, tip out the bus boys, hostesses, and kitchen staff as well, so you're f*cking everybody over by pretending to have some ethical issue with the system in place. If you really do have an issue with it, fine, don't victimize the poorest person in the equation.
I'm not saying the job is brain surgery but it's a lot harder than working at a call center or in retail or many of the congruent jobs for people in that life. It allows for shorter, more flexible hours for people trying to put themselves through school, have second jobs, or other responsibilities. Their pay check is literally $0.00 in most cases.
It's pretty simple to me, if you're not gonna tip, don't go out to eat. Get take out, cook at home, get counter service, but don't steal from some poor bastard and pretend it's political or like they have some cushy job with all these perks so they don't deserve anything. You think their job is pointless, don't patronize their service. Ridiculous.
It is a job that anyone can do, you don't need any skills at all, or even intelligence. If a waiter quits there are 10 people at the door waiting to take the job.

You understand basic economics. Do you understand why a job that everyone can do should have such low pay?

LOL not tipping is stealing from waiters now? That's bullshit at a cosmic level:roll: :roll: :roll:

They get loads of expensive food for free (most restaurants give their waiting staff free food). They get a paycheck, which in California IS minimum wage, so no excuses there. AND they get to work inside. AND their job is easy and anyone can do it.

If you want to be a sap and give your money away to unskilled people doing what is possibly the easiest job in the world, go ahead.

Being a waiter is not harder then working at a call center. Do you realize how emotionally draining it is to get shit from everyone all the time as part of your job? Also waiting is no harder then retail. Don't even get me started the bullshit you have to do in retail, and no one gets any tips there.

Lamar Doom
08-12-2013, 06:41 PM
fair enough spoiled, cheap boy

NugzFan
08-12-2013, 06:41 PM
I don't have to tip. I live in one of the states that don't have Tip Credit.

They get paid their entire minimum wage no matter what.

I really don't see an argument that we need to tip.

California, Nevada, Alaska, Minnesota, Montana, Oregon and Washington. If you live in these states, you don't have to tip.

you dont tip only because they get paid minimum or less.

you tip because of the service.

i live in california and always tip.

if you dont like tipping, just dont go. wheres the problem?

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Also, I hate that we have to tip a certain percentage for our food.

Not all $100 dinners are the same. Some can be two people and some can be a party of 10. A 2 person table is obviously a lot easier and shouldn't deserve the same percentage as someone serving 10 people.

That's why I think if you decide to tip, you should give $1 for every person eating to the staff.

NugzFan
08-12-2013, 06:43 PM

this.

if you dont like to tip or cant tip, just dont go.

edit: i have never been a waiter im my life. never worked in a restaurant.

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 06:45 PM
you dont tip only because they get paid minimum or less.

you tip because of the service.

i live in california and always tip.

if you dont like tipping, just dont go. wheres the problem?

Service? That's their job. That's why in Cali they make more than others because they are hired for their great service. It's a pre-requisite a person must have to be hired.

NugzFan
08-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Also, I hate that we have to tip a certain percentage for our food.

i actually agree with this.

waiter A serves two people $300 meal. waiter B serves two people $50 meal.

same work...why does A get a $60 tip but B gets only $10?

the only reason i use the percentage rule is because i dont know of a better way.

That's why I think if you decide to tip, you should give $1 for every person eating to the staff.

awful rule.

Nick Young
08-12-2013, 06:49 PM
fair enough spoiled, cheap boy
spoiled lol. I paid for my education and living entirely myself through money I earned since I was 17.

Being a coffee runner in Hollywood is taxing and respectable blue collar work am I right?:rockon:

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 06:50 PM
i actually agree with this.

waiter A serves two people $300 meal. waiter B serves two people $50 meal.

same work...why does A get a $60 tip but B gets only $10?

the only reason i use the percentage rule is because i dont know of a better way.

awful rule.

Not awful, it's very fair. $1 per person, this will eliminate any problems from that $300/$50 example you gave because not all dinners are the same.

Look, I am already considered a very good person for tipping and living in a state that I don't have to tip because they got their full minimum wage.

ace23
08-12-2013, 06:53 PM
im on the side that feels that tipping is a nice scam the restaurants have going on (getting us to pay the waiters salaries)
This is exactly what it is.

Lamar Doom
08-12-2013, 06:54 PM
spoiled lol. I paid for my education and living entirely myself through money I earned since I was 17.

hahahahah. ok sport

Scholar
08-12-2013, 06:55 PM
I used to deliver pizzas and it was always nice to have someone tip me, but I KNOW there's no reason not to tip your delivery drivers. Why? Because they're delivering food to your lazy ass, using their own vehicle to do it. That means they have to pay out-of-pocket for gas & vehicle maintenance. If the car stops working & they don't have another vehicle to use, they're likely out of a job.

Delivering is different than dining in, IMO. Again, this is coming from someone who tips every time. I've probably only avoided tipping once & it was only because I was more broke than usual that one time.

I find it hilarious, though, that non/low tippers are being made out to be scum, all while you guys completely avoid makin any reference to the asshat who spits inside the patron's meal. Is f*cking with someone's food justifiable just because they don't tip? :facepalm

I can't stress enough that I do always tip. The last time I dined in at a restaurant was on my sis-in-law's b-day, & if I recall correctly, I tipped the waitress even though I wasn't paying for my own meal. I still think it's a stupid concept, but I suppose I rarely go against societal norms.

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 07:00 PM
I used to deliver pizzas and it was always nice to have someone tip me, but I KNOW there's no reason not to tip your delivery drivers. Why? Because they're delivering food to your lazy ass, using their own vehicle to do it. That means they have to pay out-of-pocket for gas & vehicle maintenance. If the car stops working & they don't have another vehicle to use, they're likely out of a job.

Delivering is different than dining in, IMO. Again, this is coming from someone who tips every time. I've probably only avoided tipping once & it was only because I was more broke than usual that one time.

I find it hilarious, though, that non/low tippers are being made out to be scum, all while you guys completely avoid makin any reference to the asshat who spits inside the patron's meal. Is f*cking with someone's food justifiable just because they don't tip? :facepalm

I can't stress enough that I do always tip. The last time I dined in at a restaurant was on my sis-in-law's b-day, & if I recall correctly, I tipped the waitress even though I wasn't paying for my own meal. I still think it's a stupid concept, but I suppose I rarely go against societal norms.

I agree about delivery but tipping is lame at restaurants.

How come other service industries don't demand tips?

Scholar
08-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Also, as far as this debate on whether or not blacks tip, I can assure you that as a Domino's driver for over a year, I experienced firsthand their lack of tipping. Is that racist? I don't think so. I delivered to 100's of different homes throughout that year of work, & I can only vividly remember maybe 3 African-American households tipping me.

My best friend is a black dude. Whenever I hang out at his house, he tends to order pizza. He never once has tipped. I notice only because I used to deliver & I recognize the annoyance of realizing, "Damn, I delivered to this house & they f*cked me over on gas money."

But then again, people shouldn't feel obligated to tip. It's not their fault the restaurants don't compensate employees a proper wage.

I'm aware there are some black people who do tip, but it's so few and far in between that the stereotype does exist.

And now I fully expect a few posters to call me racist, but I don't care what you think. I'm 100% sure I'm not a racist.

Nick Young
08-12-2013, 07:04 PM
This is exactly what it is.
:rockon:

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Tipping causes service workers to do half-ass jobs because they know they are getting money whether they do a good job or not. It's a reason why some states have Tip Credit and some don't. It forces the employee to actually do their job.

In California, we pay our waiters their full wage, if they want tips, they would have to go above and beyond.

Personally, I want a waiter or waitress to serve me the best of her ability because she wants to and takes pride in her job rather than someone that is pretending to be nice just so I can tip her. Where is the pride of your job?

Lamar Doom
08-12-2013, 07:09 PM
bunch of revolutionary thinkers in this thread, you guys are really going to buck the system

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Anyone find it offensive that Starbucks has a tip jar on the counter. Like putting customers on blast in front of people waiting in line.

Let's not forget it's against the law for establishments to add that gratuity charge.

We just need to ban tipping in America.

Dictator
08-12-2013, 07:15 PM
So if we don't tip we can't eat out? :lol dumbfcks

I still haven't seen any justifiable argument that makes tipping right in this thread.

Why the hell should waiters get double pay? I can name hundreds of jobs harder that never see double pay.

And please don't come with that "Their poor, they depend on it...." sympathetic BS. Fck them, I couldn't give a two chits if they were making 0.5cents and hour. It's my money and it's not against the law nor is it being cheap.

Don't ever put yourself in a situation and then complain about the outcome like you didn't have a clue it could happen.

Just ring my fcking number and I'll go to the back and get my own damn food. Hell, I'd even refill my own cup and get myself a carry out plate. Lazy fcks. I still always tip though.

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 07:21 PM

I still haven't seen any justifiable argument that makes tipping right in this thread.

Basically this. I do tip when I go out and eat but after reading this thread, I have realized that I am stupid for doing so. I will no longer tip or if I do tip, it's going to be that $1 per person rule.

I tried to read this thread and be open minded but I have to agree, there is not an argument that makes tipping the right thing to do.

BrooklynZoo
08-12-2013, 07:28 PM

Why the hell should waiters get double pay? I can name hundreds of jobs harder that never see double pay.

:facepalm how bout the argument that its understood that they make most of their wages on tips. Restaurants are legally allowed to pay them these measly wages based on this simple fact. If they did not get tips they would have to raise their pay and in turn raise the prices on the food. The fact that it is standard practice to tip your server, they have lower costs and lower prices. And what are you talking about double pay? waiters (at least here) make what $2-$3 per hour in wages. How would they be getting double pay?

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 07:28 PM
another reason why tipping is a scam....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2138736/Tipping-optional-Family-locked-restaurant-staff-refusing-pay-gratuity-bad-service.html

NugzFan
08-12-2013, 07:33 PM
I wonder if there is correlation between salary and how much someone tips?

Reading this thread I hope most of these non tippers are broke college kids. I can at least understand the cheapness then.

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 07:33 PM
:facepalm how bout the argument that its understood that they make most of their wages on tips. Restaurants are legally allowed to pay them these measly wages based on this simple fact. If they did not get tips they would have to raise their pay and in turn raise the prices on the food. The fact that it is standard practice to tip your server, they have lower costs and lower prices. And what are you talking about double pay? waiters (at least here) make what $2-$3 per hour in wages. How would they be getting double pay?

There is no winning argument on why we have to tip. Your argument is no different. You basically just said that we are paying their wages for them.

Why should we have to pay their wages for the restaurant?

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 07:36 PM
I wonder if there is correlation between salary and how much someone tips?

Reading this thread I hope most of these non tippers are broke college kids. I can at least understand the cheapness then.

Does your boss tip you every year in the category of 15% ?

It's not being cheap. I'm looking it at the bigger picture. Suddenly we have to tip?

I could say tipping is a culture built on the fact to re-distribute wealth to the working class. Taking your hard earned money and putting it in the hands of waiters and waitresses.

BrooklynZoo
08-12-2013, 07:38 PM

It's not being cheap. I'm looking it at the bigger picture. Suddenly we have to tip?

I could say tipping is a culture built on the fact to re-distribute wealth to the working class. Taking your hard earned money and putting it in the hands of waiters and waitresses.

so being that you know that the person serving you is making $2 an hour youre gonna be a dick and not tip huh. bottom line is anyone who doesnt tip and comes up with all these reasons for being cheap is just that... cheap

Lamar Doom
08-12-2013, 07:40 PM

You've taken this thread to a whole new level of convoluted stupidity

Jameerthefear
08-12-2013, 07:40 PM
9er's posts in this thread :roll:

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 07:41 PM
so being that you know that the person serving you is making $2 an hour youre gonna be a dick and not tip huh. bottom line is anyone who doesnt tip and comes up with all these reasons for being cheap is just that... cheap

That person making $2 an hour is not a problem of mine but the restaurant. I will not be paying the restaurant's bills. I have already done so by eating there. Sounds to me it's more of a problem of the waiters versus the restaurant or the states they live in.

Like I said, here in Cali the waiters get their full wage. We are not obliged to tip. It is borderline illegal for them to charge gratuity as well, unless stated. We pay for the food and sales tax, we should be able to refuse the gratuity charge.

Nick Young
08-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Basically this. I do tip when I go out and eat but after reading this thread, I have realized that I am stupid for doing so. I will no longer tip or if I do tip, it's going to be that $1 per person rule.

I tried to read this thread and be open minded but I have to agree, there is not an argument that makes tipping the right thing to do.
:cheers:

NugzFan
08-12-2013, 07:46 PM

I don't have a boss.

And yes it's being cheap.

Don't know why I care about other people being cheap. I'm not a waiter and non tippers make me look good

daily
08-12-2013, 07:49 PM
http://www.dol.gov/whd/state/tipped.htm

I tip 20% unless the service by the server was horrid, then it's just how bad was the server. If it's not the servers fault like the food just sucks I tip 20% and don't go back to that restaurant for the most part. I'm not going to screw the server because the chef screwed up.

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 07:52 PM
There really is no argument for tipping especially using the argument that they are making $2/hour.

Let's say the restaurant is slow. The waiter made $10 in tips on a 8 hour shift.

That would be a grand total of $26 dollars equaling a little over $3 an hour. It still fall under the minimum wage and what they should be making. Now if we go by those stats, every patron should be tipping 50% then?

Like I said, how far is too far. Sounds to me it should be the problem of the states that are allowing these restaurants to pay so little. Not a problem of mine. Should be addressed towards the politicians and restaurants and not the public.

NugzFan
08-12-2013, 07:54 PM
9er - just don't eat out and everything will be ok

You clearly do not have the mental nor financial ability to be eating out. Stick to Mcdonalds

Dictator
08-12-2013, 07:55 PM
So in reality, there's no reason to tip other than being sympathetic for someone's financial situation? lol

Great job Pro-Tippers

@brooklynzoo: There's no eye for eye in the Restaurant Industry.

NugzFan
08-12-2013, 07:57 PM
So in reality, there's no reason to tip other than being sympathetic for someone's financial situation? lol

Great job Pro-Tippers

@brooklynzoo: There's no eye for eye in the Restaurant Industry.

Posts like this make me feel good for making good money and not being cheap.

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 07:59 PM

Agree with this.

I don't know why I'm being attacked as cheap. People should write to their congressman to get rid of the Tip Credit and pay these workers their full wages. Why blame us for not wanting to pay for their salary?

If you live in Cali and still tip the waiters than you are being really stupid and I don't like to usually call people names but they get their full wages here.

NugzFan
08-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Agree with this.

I don't know why I'm being attacked as cheap. People should write to their congressman to get rid of the Tip Credit and pay these workers their full wages. Why blame us for not wanting to pay for their salary?

If you live in Cali and still tip the waiters than you are being really stupid and I don't like to usually call people names but they get their full wages here.

So tippers get "attacked" for tipping but you can't be called cheap, even though you completely are.

Nick Young
08-12-2013, 08:07 PM
So tippers get "attacked" for tipping but you can't be called cheap, even though you completely are.
If you live in Cali there's no reason to tip a waiter, no excuse anyone can come up with to justify tipping them. They receive minimum wage anyways, and don't really do anything out of the ordinary or incredible that inspires me to want to pay them more.

If they got me like a free sundae or something or served me really quick when the restaurant is busy, that's going above and beyond the call of duty and earns a tip. But simply doing your every day job, why should you get bonus money from me?

BrooklynZoo
08-12-2013, 08:08 PM
you dont tip because youre cheap. id have more respect for you if you just used that as your excuse.

Electric Slide
08-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Servers entire paycheck is based on tips.

They get paid like half of minimum wage.

9erempiree
08-12-2013, 08:10 PM

Keep your money. In California they get their full wages. If you are still tipping than you are still living in the past.

You're just using your money to throw at people to make you feel better about yourself.:facepalm

In country clubs I go to, they prohibit tipping from their members and people still get fantastic service. Like I said, tipping culture is to re-distribute wealth to the working class. Country clubs pay servers well because of how great they are. They don't work for tips. That's why it's top notch.

The more I think about this, the more I hated myself for tipping in the past.

Nick Young
08-12-2013, 08:10 PM
you dont tip because youre cheap. id have more respect for you if you just used that as your excuse.
They get minimum wage in Cali. What amazing things do they do to demand extra and justify it?