08-10-2013, 04:07 PM
http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/michael_jordan_dunk.jpg

MJ dunking at age 50 wearing the Air Jordan 1 Mid

Dagouch
08-10-2013, 05:00 PM
GOAT :rockon:

LosScandalous
08-10-2013, 05:07 PM
I would of stuffed that so quick, just to say I blocked the GOAT.

Hittin_Shots
08-10-2013, 05:08 PM
That kid almost had the chase down block.

Hittin_Shots
08-10-2013, 05:09 PM
I would of stuffed that so quick, just to say I blocked the GOAT.

No one likes you

SamuraiSWISH
08-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Dat extension

LosScandalous
08-10-2013, 05:11 PM
No one likes you
no u

Hittin_Shots
08-10-2013, 05:12 PM
no u

Nuh uh

LosScandalous
08-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Nuh uh
reported for terrorism. enjoy your ban :hammertime:

Hittin_Shots
08-10-2013, 05:21 PM
reported for terrorism. enjoy your ban :hammertime:

I incited terror in you? That's pretty bitchy of you.

WolfGang
08-10-2013, 05:23 PM
The old man is looking good. Looks like he lost some weight.

sportjames23
08-10-2013, 05:26 PM
The old man is looking good. Looks like he lost some weight.

He got a young wife now. Gotta keep up with her.

SamuraiSWISH
08-10-2013, 05:27 PM
He got a young wife now. Gotta keep up with her.
LOL he's pounding the hell out of that fine young cuban.

And yea, looks like he's lost weight. He kept talking around his b-day in Feb. that he wishes his current wife could've seen him @ "215" or something like that ...

Maybe that's what he's working towards. Good for the GOAT

Scholar
08-10-2013, 05:34 PM
The thing that's amazing me is that most of the kids aren't even looking. They probably don't even know who Michael Jordan is.

"What do you mean that's Jordan? The shoes? He's named after the shoe brand?"

3LiftHeatCurse
08-10-2013, 05:34 PM
oh snap, MJ has lost a bunch of weight.

Hittin_Shots
08-10-2013, 05:36 PM
The thing that's amazing me is that most of the kids aren't even looking. They probably don't even know who Michael Jordan is.

It's either that, or your am idiot. I can't work out which one though.

9erempiree
08-10-2013, 05:40 PM
It's really sad to see him at these camps and dunking. The kids don't know who he is except he's the most famous shoe salesman in the world. Also, that dunk is pathetic, he's barely getting up. There is a reason why retired players don't try to dunk, even if they can do it, it would look silly. MJ use to smile on his way up for a dunk. Look at his face now.:facepalm

Not impressed.

The kids were probably told Kobe was going to show up.

GrapeApe
08-10-2013, 05:55 PM
It's really sad to see him at these camps and dunking. The kids don't know who he is except he's the most famous shoe salesman in the world. Also, that dunk is pathetic, he's barely getting up. There is a reason why retired players don't try to dunk, even if they can do it, it would look silly. MJ use to smile on his way up for a dunk. Look at his face now.:facepalm

Not impressed.

The kids were probably told Kobe was going to show up.

When I was a kid I sure as hell knew who Dr J, Wilt, Kareem, etc were and that was before the internet/modern media. Those kids know MJ the basketball player, believe me. He's looking slimmer, no doubt.

WolfGang
08-10-2013, 06:33 PM

:facepalm As horrible as that sounds, its nothing but true. They don't really understand who he is. I think teenagers would be a better audience.

ConanRulesNBC
08-10-2013, 08:11 PM
When he turned 50 earlier this year I read an article about him wanting to get down to his playing weight again. He was on vacation and said he had been eating like crap and when he got home he called his personal trainer and said he wants to get down to 216 pounds again or whatever his playing weight was.

Scholar
08-10-2013, 08:27 PM
It's either that, or your am idiot. I can't work out which one though.

your am

your am

your am

Ok.

9erempiree
08-10-2013, 08:29 PM
When he turned 50 earlier this year I read an article about him wanting to get down to his playing weight again. He was on vacation and said he had been eating like crap and when he got home he called his personal trainer and said he wants to get down to 216 pounds again or whatever his playing weight was.

So basically he wants to look like he can play but can't. He wants to look the same as his playing days to stay relevant.

So people would say, "Hey, that's the same MJ that can probably beat Kobe and Lebron still." because he looks like his old self.

JimmyMcAdocious
08-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Look how short MJ actually is. That he managed to dominate the league and that he's one and half sizes of that little kid (look 4 feet tall)... So 6-0 MJ. :bowdown:

DuMa
08-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Dunking in those ugly ass jeans :pimp: swagger

kamil
08-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Does anyone else wish he were still in the NBA? Watching him play was something exceptional... no one ever has been that much fun to watch. I really miss the 90s.

B-Low
08-10-2013, 11:48 PM
I was about to say I'm shocked he's not wearing jeans.

Then I realized he was wearing jeans...

bdreason
08-10-2013, 11:51 PM

"yo look at this old azz ***** tryin to dunk"

andgar923
08-10-2013, 11:59 PM
I was about to say I'm shocked he's not wearing jeans.

Then I realized he was wearing jeans...
I could've sworn he was wearing sweats. :confusedshrug:

B-Low
08-11-2013, 12:22 AM
I could've sworn he was wearing sweats. :confusedshrug:

If you look close he's wearing a belt with a gold buckle. Tho with Jordan who knows he might wear sweats with a leather belt...

Lakers2877
08-11-2013, 12:47 AM
Jordan Stans now convinced after seeing that pic that Jordan could avg 25ppg in the league right now

andgar923
08-11-2013, 01:00 AM
Jordan Stans now convinced after seeing that pic that Jordan could avg 25ppg in the league right now

If they play him like they played Bron in the Finals

AintNoSunshine
08-11-2013, 01:53 AM
He' s still a tall black dude, he should be able to dunk

Lakers2877
08-11-2013, 02:07 AM
Does anyone else wish he were still in the NBA? Watching him play was something exceptional... no one ever has been that much fun to watch. I really miss the 90s.
You never saw magic huh?

9erempiree
08-11-2013, 02:09 AM
He never should have dunked the ball. It looked like he was struggling. Look at his face. When he was younger he would have his tongue out.

He won't be having his tongue out on dunks anymore for the fear of biting it during the struggle up there.

deja vu
08-11-2013, 02:17 AM

WTF!? Basketball playing kids not knowing who Jordan is? Have they been living under rocks? :roll: :lol

andgar923
08-11-2013, 02:53 AM
We already saw him a decade ago (after he had a relatively short hiatus) and he couldn't even average those numbers.

Stop it.

You clearly didn't get the sarcasm.

And since Im bored I'll entertain your argument and state that MJ as a Wiz was asked to carry the entire team, and was the center of the defensive attention. With multiple defenders on him, while he was playing heavy minutes. Anybody that actually saw him play would agree that his numbers are very misleading.

And you also missed the part in which I specifically stated "if they play him like they played Bron in the Finals" which is very significant.

Can you imagine giving Mj wide open looks? daring him to shoot?
can you imagine Diaw on him, at any age?

He'd be popping those shots as if he was in a shooting drill, because well

branslowski
08-11-2013, 03:12 AM
I agree with everything you said except that whole "defensive attention and numbers misleading" part...You won't use that excuse for a Kobe or LeBron, so don't use it for MJ.

But again, if they guarded MJ like they did Bron in the finals: MJ 26ppg 48%fg at 50 IMO....

Ill Will
08-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Pretty sure LeBron would be able to dunk at 70. Let's not act like MJ isn't still 6'5 with a 8ft 6" + reach with gigantic glove mitt hands. If he was Spudd Webb's height I'd understand these threads... but 50 ain't no geriatric for a hyperathlete like MJ.

funny thing is spudd can still dunk.

Ill Will
08-11-2013, 08:12 AM
WTF!? Basketball playing kids not knowing who Jordan is? Have they been living under rocks? :roll: :lol
i highly doubt it, everyone's been jumping the gun in this thread. people probably weren't looking because someone asked him to dunk and caught everyone off guard. either way, a gym full of people isn't going to shift attention just to watch 50 year old MJ barely put it down. to say kids today don't know who MJ is, is just stupid.

Vragrant
08-11-2013, 07:14 PM
The dunk was nice, but I was more surprised by his quickness and first step (its a video in the other MJ dunking at 50 thread). I really didn't expect him to still have that, incredible.

sportjames23
08-11-2013, 08:08 PM
I see Lebron stans shook and old man can still dunk. Imagine if MJ was still in his twenties in today's League. Lebron would be getting dominated every time he matched up with MJ.

Rake2204
08-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Since former players dunking is trending, 57 year old Michael Cooper dunked earlier this week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sDAVvKxWKk

http://www.lakersnation.com/video-lakers-legend-michael-cooper-dunks-at-age-57/2013/08/14/

Noob Saibot
08-15-2013, 04:04 PM
First Dominique, Drexler, then Jordan, Erving, and Mr. Cooper are still dropping eggs in a basket for dunks. So envious.

Will Carmelo Anthony still be dunking at 50? :confusedshrug:

Miles and Miles
08-15-2013, 06:45 PM

Yes what are those kids looking at? I don't even like Jordan but still I wouldn't take my eyes off him if he was on the floor with the ball.

OldSchoolBBall
08-16-2013, 10:04 AM
The dunk was nice, but I was more surprised by his quickness and first step (its a video in the other MJ dunking at 50 thread). I really didn't expect him to still have that, incredible.

Can you point me to this video?

SamuraiSWISH
08-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Can you point me to this video?
There is one of him in shorts playing a kid from the camp in one v one. MJ gives him a pump, and then just like explodes with that vintage first step. It's still really, really quick.

Young X
08-16-2013, 02:17 PM
^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXIvoJypT00

Look how quickly he reacts to his defender's bite.

dat 1st step