PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Grizzlies sign Nick Calathes; 2 years, $2 million

bagelred
08-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 9 Aug

Some more bookkeeping on Nick Calathes' new deal with Memphis: Grizzlies, I'm told, will hold team option on second year of PG's contract

Hearing that Nick Calathes' deal with Memphis is a two-year pact at just under $2 million

RT @Nick_Calathes15: Excited to start the new year w/Grizz Nation. Thanks everybody for the support. Thank you Loko as well for a great year

Championship!!!

Inferno
08-10-2013, 11:29 PM
inb4 Euroleague

DStebb716
08-10-2013, 11:35 PM
BREAKING: Marc Stein tweeted yesterday.

Le Shaqtus
08-10-2013, 11:37 PM
Calathes>Shitnoulis

Inferno
08-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Calathes>Shitnoulis

Not hard to average better than 32% shooting :lol

JGXEN
08-11-2013, 01:24 AM
Calathes>Shitnoulis
prigioni>shitnoulis

alexd
08-11-2013, 09:09 AM
prigioni>shitnoulis

:facepalm

Euroleague
08-11-2013, 09:25 AM

Are you agreeing that Calathes is better than Spanoulis? Because if you are, you are just as crazy as the guy saying Prigioni is better than Spanoulis.

In fact even crazier, as Prigioni in his day was a much better player than Calathes is.

dr.hee
08-11-2013, 09:43 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307885

This forum is a joke. I'm done.

:lol

Nick Young
08-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Calathes>>>Shitnoulis:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

gabepizza
08-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Are you agreeing that Calathes is better than Spanoulis? Because if you are, you are just as crazy as the guy saying Prigioni is better than Spanoulis.

In fact even crazier, as Prigioni in his day was a much better player than Calathes is.

I mean it depends on the type of play.
In Euroleague where the rules favor fundamentally sound team players over athletes Spanoulis is better than Prigioni and Cathathes.

But in the NBA where the rules favor athletic players Spanoulis was a total scrub who averaged 2.7ppg and Prigioni was much better his one year in the NBA than Spanoulis was in his.

We can't be sure about Cathathes yet bet basically anyone who goes into the NBA is going to be more successful than that scrub Spanoulis.

Euroleague
08-11-2013, 10:49 AM
I mean it depends on the type of play.
In Euroleague where the rules favor fundamentally sound team players over athletes Spanoulis is better than Prigioni and Cathathes.

But in the NBA where the rules favor athletic players Spanoulis was a total scrub who averaged 2.7ppg and Prigioni was much better his one year in the NBA than Spanoulis was in his.

We can't be sure about Cathathes yet bet basically anyone who goes into the NBA is going to be more successful than that scrub Spanoulis.

Spanoulis is far more athletic than Calathes and Prigioni you racist scum.

And you spent YEARS claiming that,

gabepizza: "Prigioni is a SCRUB in Europe that is dominant there but could NEVER play in the super athletic NBA because he is not athletic enough."

Now all of a sudden, you change your story to claim Prigioni can play in NBA because he is athletic. Of course you then say he is more athletic than Spanoulis......

Funny....because you also say "NBA is athletic and Euroleague is slow and stiff".

How strange, that in Euroleague Prigioni was considered slow and non athletic, but you claim he is fine in superior athletic NBA.

Amazing......how a 36 year old "slow and non athletic white stiff" YOUR OWN WORDS for YEARS about Prigioni can now "do just fine in superior athletic NBA because he is athletic" - also YOUR OWN WORDS about Prigioni.

You are a very sick person.

And athletic ability at point guard position is NOT required in the NBA, when a 36 year old point guard (Prigioni), a 37 year old point guard (Miller), and a couple of 40 year old point guards (Kidd and Nash) are all rotation players.

No way in hell can athletic ability be required in the NBA to play point guard when that is happening.

Euroleague
08-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Calathes>>>Shitnoulis:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

On Panathinaikos and Greek national team, Calathes was the backup of Spanoulis.

Makes sense.............

Panathinaikos / Greek NT level = backup PG

which means of course = signed by the NBA

Since of course the NBA is so superior and everything, that they have to sign backups from Greek NT.

Almost as funny as Greece's 3rd string center, Koufos, being a starter in the NBA.

Yeah, NBA sure is "superior".

dr.hee
08-11-2013, 11:02 AM
And athletic ability at point guard position is NOT required in the NBA, when a 36 year old point guard (Prigioni), a 37 year old point guard (Miller), and a couple of 40 year old point guards (Kidd and Nash) are all rotation players.
[/B]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/df/Vasileios_Spanoulis_in_Houston.jpg/220px-Vasileios_Spanoulis_in_Houston.jpg

Another NBA legend :roll:

gabepizza
08-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Spanoulis is far more athletic than Calathes and Prigioni you racist scum.

And you spent YEARS claiming that,

gabepizza: "Prigioni is a SCRUB in Europe that is dominant there but could NEVER play in the super athletic NBA because he is not athletic enough."

Now all of a sudden, you change your story to claim Prigioni can play in NBA because he is athletic. Of course you then say he is more athletic than Spanoulis......

Funny....because you also say "NBA is athletic and Euroleague is slow and stiff".

How strange, that in Euroleague Prigioni was considered slow and non athletic, but you claim he is fine in superior athletic NBA.

Amazing......how a 36 year old "slow and non athletic white stiff" YOUR OWN WORDS for YEARS about Prigioni can now "do just fine in superior athletic NBA because he is athletic" - also YOUR OWN WORDS about Prigioni.

You are a very sick person.

No way in hell can athletic ability be required in the NBA to play point guard when that is happening.

All I'm saying is that Prigioni has done better in the NBA than Spanoulis which is not saying much. While he may not be that athletic at 37 he knows how to play with the speed and for and against NBA athletes while Spanoulis in the NBA looked like a boy playing against grown men, sort of how he looked against Nigeria.

Rooster
08-11-2013, 11:24 AM

Makes sense.............

Since of course the NBA is so superior and everything, that they have to sign backups from Greek NT.

Almost as funny as Greece's 3rd string center, Koufos, being a starter in the NBA.

Calathes will the first Greek to average more than 4 points a game.:oldlol:

gabepizza
08-11-2013, 11:25 AM

Makes sense.............

Remember this is the same Greek team that embarrassed a whole nation and continent by being eliminated by the Nigerian team that lost to team USA by 87 points. What ever they are doing is not working. Very sad. It's time to stop using the scrubs Spanoulis and Bourousis so the Greek national team can stop being such a joke to the rest of the world.

Euroleague
08-11-2013, 12:56 PM

Tsakalidis
Seikaly
Jaric
Peja
Koufos

They all averaged more than 4 points idiot.

Keep lying. I am just going to start reporting all your endless lies.

dr.hee
08-11-2013, 12:57 PM
:roll:

RRR3
08-11-2013, 12:58 PM
How many points did the great VSpan average euroleague? If he's so great, explain why stats were so bad :confusedshrug:

If you avoid this post, you're just proving that you know deep down Spanoulis is the worst player ever

Euroleague
08-11-2013, 12:59 PM
All I'm saying is that Prigioni has done better in the NBA than Spanoulis which is not saying much. While he may not be that athletic at 37 he knows how to play with the speed and for and against NBA athletes while Spanoulis in the NBA looked like a boy playing against grown men, sort of how he looked against Nigeria.

And you get paid by the NBA to say this. You work for the NBA office in New York.

I hate to break it to you, but you might want to stop praising all the guys with big noses.

madmax
08-11-2013, 12:59 PM

:oldlol: :roll:

Euroleague
08-11-2013, 01:01 PM
:oldlol: :roll:

Why do you always laugh at the trolls? I noticed you are becoming more and more of NBA only fan lately. Pretty sad.

You do realize these same people claim Jasikevicius is one of the worst players in all of history?

RRR3
08-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Why do you always laugh at the trolls? I noticed you are becoming more and more of NBA only fan lately. Pretty sad.

You do realize these same people claim Jasikevicius is one of the worst players in all of history?
Madmax>>>>>>you. Stay mad.

Unbiased_one
08-11-2013, 01:09 PM
This forum is a joke. I'm done

You're such a ****ing liar piece of shit. Reported.

dr.hee
08-11-2013, 01:11 PM
You're such a ****ing liar piece of shit. Reported.

What a liar. Reported to mods. That piece of sh*t. Psychopath.

:hammerhead:

Andrew Wiggins
08-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Tsakalidis
Seikaly
Jaric
Peja
Koufos

Tsakalidis - georgian
Seikaly - lebanese
Jaric - serbian
Peja - serbian
Koufos - american

calathes is also american so he does not count :lol

Nash
08-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Tsakalidis
Seikaly
Jaric
Peja
Koufos

Keep lying. I am just going to start reporting all your endless lies.
Tskalidis - Georgian
Seikaly - Lebanese
Jaric - Serbian
Peja - Serbian
Koufos - American

:roll: :roll: :roll:

b1imtf
08-11-2013, 01:23 PM
:biggums:

dr.hee
08-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Marko Jaric? Greek? Born in Belgrade. Played for the youth team of Red Star Belgrade. Played for Yugoslavia. Greek? Is Euroleague mentally impaired or something?

zac
08-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Hey Euroleague, remember when I told you weeks ago that Calathes was going to sign with the Grizzlies at a minimum deal and is not even guaranteed a role as the main back up PG and you told me I was an idiot and he'd stay overseas to make more money?

:applause:

He might could end up in camp as the back up PG because it will be an open competition between him, Wroten, and Akognon. But oh yeah, I was right and you continue to say stuff you have no idea what you are talking about.

madmax
08-11-2013, 04:52 PM

I'm not NBA only fan and I've never been one to begin with - I just know that certain players are made for FIBA game and the others thrive in more open and fast NBA environment. Jasikevicius is a great FIBA player, but he's just too slow to have the same impact in NBA - that's the hard truth no matter how much we whine about it. NBA is overrated, but it has the glamour factor going for it with all the superstar treatment and rules, designed to manufacture flashy "star" players. While Euroleague is still all about good ol' team game and faceless players, who are just cogs in a big wheel...

Euroleague
08-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Tsakalidis - georgian
Seikaly - lebanese
Jaric - serbian
Peja - serbian
Koufos - american

calathes is also american so he does not count :lol

They are all Greek basketball products except for Koufos and Calathes. Also, Peja and Tsakalidis are Greeks, especially Peja is.

Seikaly is as Greek as it gets. If Seikaly isn't Greek, then 80% - 90% of the people in Greece are not Greek.

Seikaly is absolutely Greek.

And Peja has been living in Greece since he was like 15 years old.

Koufos was born 2 weeks after his parents first set foot in USA just to clarify.

Calathes is the only one you can really claim. He does not speak, read, or write Greek, and just his grandfather was actually Greek. And he is not a Greek basketball product.

Not the rest. And you are extremely full of shit to say Seikaly and Peja are not Greek, because they say themselves they are Greek many times.

Euroleague
08-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Marko Jaric? Greek? Born in Belgrade. Played for the youth team of Red Star Belgrade. Played for Yugoslavia. Greek? Is Euroleague mentally impaired or something?

Jaric is a Greek citizen.

Euroleague
08-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Hey Euroleague, remember when I told you weeks ago that Calathes was going to sign with the Grizzlies at a minimum deal and is not even guaranteed a role as the main back up PG and you told me I was an idiot and he'd stay overseas to make more money?

He might could end up in camp as the back up PG because it will be an open competition between him, Wroten, and Akognon. But oh yeah, I was right and you continue to say stuff you have no idea what you are talking about.

No you were WRONG and are totally FULL OF SHIT and you are a LIAR.

You said he would sign for the rookie minimum (he did NOT) and you said he would sign for the minimum at 3 years (he did NOT) and you said that he would sign knowing he was the 3rd string point guard (he did NOT).

So yeah, you LIED and you are FULL OF SHIT.

He signed for 1 season guaranteed, with an option for a 2nd year, at $1 million per season, and to be the 2nd point guard. So piss off LIAR.

Euroleague
08-12-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm not NBA only fan and I've never been one to begin with - I just know that certain players are made for FIBA game and the others thrive in more open and fast NBA environment. Jasikevicius is a great FIBA player, but he's just too slow to have the same impact in NBA - that's the hard truth no matter how much we whine about it. NBA is overrated, but it has the glamour factor going for it with all the superstar treatment and rules, designed to manufacture flashy "star" players. While Euroleague is still all about good ol' team game and faceless players, who are just cogs in a big wheel...

So why do you laugh about Spanoulis? The faster the style of basketball, the better it is for him and the more suited he is to it.

So what is your point?

And I hate to break it to you, but if Andre Miller, 40 year old Kidd, 40 year old Nash, and ancient Prigioni can all be rotation point guards in NBA. than Jasikevicius sure the hell could of then.

Because he was much faster then, than any of those guys were last season when they were logging plent of minutes in NBA.

What you say isn't actually true, otherwise those ancient and slow as hell and non athletic as hell guys would not be last season NBA rotation point guards.

Hell, Prigioni wasn't even considered good enough for Baskonia anymore.

andremiller07
08-12-2013, 09:07 AM
His father was also a Serbian/Yugo Legend I don't think he's Greek

dr.hee
08-12-2013, 09:08 AM

Yeah, you're pretty smart. For the same reason, Chris Kaman is the best German center of all time.

Euroleague
08-12-2013, 09:10 AM
His father was also a Serbian/Yugo Legend I don't think he's Greek

He's as Greek as Ewing and Olajuwon are American. And they played for Team USA...........

yeah, using USA way of counting citizenship, he is as Greek as some Team USA players are American.

Euroleague
08-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Yeah, you're pretty smart. For the same reason, Chris Kaman is the best German center of all time.

WTF is wrong with you? Kaman was naturalized by Germany.

Jaric has an actual Greek citizenship because he lived there as a kid and changed his nationality to Greek.

At no time did Kaman ever live in Germany, and at no time did he ever play in German League. At no time was he an actual citizen of Germany, other than being naturalized to play with their team, as FIBA allows every team 1 naturalized player, such as Ibaka in Spain.

There is absolutely no way in hell you can compare that.

Jaric was never given any citizenship because he played basketball, or to be in Greek national team. He was given it because he moved there as a kid and officially requested to change his nationality.

It's absolutely disgusting how pathetic some of you are. You laugh and make jokes about a freaking WAR SITUATION that YOUR own country caused.

Yeah, freaking WARS were going on and he had to leave with his family and change his citizenship and become Greek..............

That's obviously SAME EXACT thing as playing in a national team with your buddy over the summer.

dr.hee
08-12-2013, 09:19 AM
It's absolutely disgusting how pathetic some of you are. You laugh and make jokes about a freaking WAR SITUATION that YOUR own country caused.

Yeah, freaking WARS were going on and he had to leave with his family and change his citizenship and become Greek..............

:coleman:

Besides, how long did Jaric play in Greece compared to other countries? Also, pretty pathetic to use Jaric as an example for "Greek" basketball players, when he only played for like 2 years in Greece because of a f*cking war.

Oh, and Jaric wasn't playing in Greece until he was 18. A child? Lol.

coin24
08-12-2013, 09:25 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/df/Vasileios_Spanoulis_in_Houston.jpg/220px-Vasileios_Spanoulis_in_Houston.jpg

Another NBA legend :roll:

Prigioni>>>>>>>>shitnoulis

madmax
08-12-2013, 09:25 AM
So why do you laugh about Spanoulis? The faster the style of basketball, the better it is for him and the more suited he is to it.

So what is your point?

And I hate to break it to you, but if Andre Miller, 40 year old Kidd, 40 year old Nash, and ancient Prigioni can all be rotation point guards in NBA. than Jasikevicius sure the hell could of then.

Because he was much faster then, than any of those guys were last season when they were logging plent of minutes in NBA.

What you say isn't actually true, otherwise those ancient and slow as hell and non athletic as hell guys would not be last season NBA rotation point guards.

Hell, Prigioni wasn't even considered good enough for Baskonia anymore.

I've got no clue why Spanoulis didn't hack it in NBA.
Maybe it was a circumstential reason for that, like his coache's dislike of him, maybe it was his own attitude. Either way, if he really really wanted to be NBA player, he'd have shown more desire and hard work to play overseas. But as it stands, he prefers to be a star in Europe instead, which is his own decision afterall.

Andrew Wiggins
08-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Maybe it was a circumstential reason for that, like his coache's dislike of him, maybe it was his own attitude. Either way, if he really really wanted to be NBA player, he'd have shown more desire and hard work to play overseas. But as it stands, he prefers to be a star in Europe instead, which is his own decision afterall.

the best parts of his game were not as good in the nba style. why does he keep bringing up jasi?

Andrew Wiggins
08-12-2013, 09:29 AM

Besides, how long did Jaric play in Greece compared to other countries? Also, pretty pathetic to use Jaric as an example for "Greek" basketball players, when he only played for like 2 years in Greece because of a f*cking war.

Oh, and Jaric wasn't playing in Greece until he was 18. A child? Lol.

dr.hee
08-12-2013, 09:31 AM
J
It's absolutely disgusg ing how pathetic some of you are. You laugh and make jokes about a freaking WAR SITUATION that YOUR own country caused.

That's obviously SAME EXACT thing as playing in a national team with your buddy over the summer.

The Yugoslav Wars took place from 1991-1999. Jaric played for Red Star Belgrade from 1992-1996. Since he was born in 1978 this means he played there until being 18 years old. Now you claim he was leaving to Greece during the wars when he was a kid. The wars started when he was 13, and...he played in Belgrade until he left to Peristeri/Greece in 1996, when he was 18 years old. Amazing.

Dunaprenti
08-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Jaric has dual citizenship because of the Schengen agreement, it's pretty common thing to do. Stojakovic served in the Greek army, so it's a different situation. Both of them played for Yugoslavia so its kinda hard to question where their allegiance lies.

morbius
08-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Jaric has dual citizenship because of the Schengen agreement, it's pretty common thing to do. Stojakovic served in the Greek army, so it's a different situation. Both of them played for Yugoslavia so its kinda hard to question where their allegiance lies.

Both Serbs with no serious ties to Greece. Like a number of other Serbian players, they took dual citizenship as well-connected Greek basketball clubs were able to abuse the wild west that is Greek immigration system, as well as Greek administration in general.

dr.hee
08-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Both Serbs with no serious ties to Greece. Like a number of other Serbian players, they took dual citizenship as well-connected Greek basketball clubs were able to abuse the wild west that is Greek immigration system, as well as Greek administration in general.

Yup, Euroleague making sh*t up as usual. He's going to ignore this thread, and has already created a new (now closed) one instead. :oldlol:

I mean the whole war stuff...maybe Euroleague is really mentally ill. Too much bs to be trolling on purpose.

zac
08-12-2013, 04:29 PM
No you were WRONG and are totally FULL OF SHIT and you are a LIAR.

You said he would sign for the rookie minimum (he did NOT) and you said he would sign for the minimum at 3 years (he did NOT) and you said that he would sign knowing he was the 3rd string point guard (he did NOT).

So yeah, you LIED and you are FULL OF SHIT.

He signed for 1 season guaranteed, with an option for a 2nd year, at $1 million per season, and to be the 2nd point guard. So piss off LIAR.
First of all, his deal is 2 years at just under $2mil, so less than $1mil a year. The second year is a team option, because they don't know how he'll translate to the NBA or if he'd be worth keeping.

Second, he is not promised anything. Dave Joerger himself has already said Wroten is who they would like to be the back up PG because he's been with this team. Wroten, Calathes, and Akognon will all have a chance to prove themselves in camp and it's very possible that Calathes will end up being the back up PG just because he has more experience but it is not a sure thing.

Third, I never said he'd sign a 3 year deal. I never said he'd sign a rookie deal, I said he would likely get a deal similar to what they were offering Gigi Datomie and Joe Ingles, which was $950,000 a year, which is what happened.

You can read all my thoughts on it in the threads from weeks ago here, none of which have been edited because I know what I was talking about. You just get it in your head that people say one thing and then just assume it is truth.
All these links are the only times I've ever posted about Calathes, and include the page where I first posted on. I even gave you the benefit of the doubt that maybe I said "rookie deal" but no, it's just you being delusional again.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308288
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308376
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308829&page=5

zac
08-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Oh and by the way, this just was posted on twitter as I was typing this out and reading back through my old posts.

Chris Vernon ‏@ChrisVernonShow 23m
Nick Calathes banking on his talent. Grizz are payin 1/2 mil buyout from Russian team and he will be on books for $500,000 next yr ..(1/2)

Chris Vernon @ Chris VernonShow 22m
Calathes then has 2nd yr team option for $850,000. He's walkin away from $2.5 mil from Russian team. That's bettin on yourself. (2/2)

Rooster
08-12-2013, 06:36 PM

Clues.:confusedshrug:

How about shooting bricks in intra scrimmage:oldlol:

How about 7 turnovers when they gave him 27 minutes:roll:

Early in the season

How about telling the coach what he should do

Because you're the TMac of Europe

And should be treated like that.

Rooster
08-12-2013, 06:40 PM
They are all Greek basketball products except for Koufos and Calathes. Also, Peja and Tsakalidis are Greeks, especially Peja is.

Seikaly is as Greek as it gets. If Seikaly isn't Greek, then 80% - 90% of the people in Greece are not Greek.

Seikaly is absolutely Greek.

And Peja has been living in Greece since he was like 15 years old.

Koufos was born 2 weeks after his parents first set foot in USA just to clarify.

Calathes is the only one you can really claim. He does not speak, read, or write Greek, and just his grandfather was actually Greek. And he is not a Greek basketball product.

Not the rest. And you are extremely full of shit to say Seikaly and Peja are not Greek, because they say themselves they are Greek many times.

Still waiting for the first Greek to average over 4 points.:cry: :oldlol:

Transplanted ones does not count.:no:

:roll: :oldlol: :D

Euroleague
08-13-2013, 12:30 AM
the best parts of his game were not as good in the nba style. why does he keep bringing up jasi?

FALSE and UNTRUE.

His game is much more suited for the NBA than it is for the Euroleague. He does not even have a Euroleague style game.

Euroleague
08-13-2013, 12:33 AM

More BULLSHIT.

Peja wanted to play for Greece. He could not play for Greece because of political tensions. Greece made a law that no one from a war Yugo state could play for Greece in sports, as to not stir up political tensions.

Peja said many times he would have played for Greece and it was his strong desire to do so.

Where his "allegiance lies'............LMFAO

I guess that's why he has lived in Greece since he was 15 years old, served in Greek government, speaks Greek, writes Greek, reads Greek, is married to a Greek, his kids were born and raised in Greece...............

Take your ignorance and piss off.

Euroleague
08-13-2013, 12:34 AM

STOP LYING. Peja considers himself Greek and has lived in Greece for over 20 years.

How the **** can you say he has no ties to Greece?

The amount of pathological liars in this forum is appalling.

Euroleague
08-13-2013, 12:35 AM
First of all, his deal is 2 years at just under $2mil, so less than $1mil a year. The second year is a team option, because they don't know how he'll translate to the NBA or if he'd be worth keeping.

Second, he is not promised anything. Dave Joerger himself has already said Wroten is who they would like to be the back up PG because he's been with this team. Wroten, Calathes, and Akognon will all have a chance to prove themselves in camp and it's very possible that Calathes will end up being the back up PG just because he has more experience but it is not a sure thing.

Third, I never said he'd sign a 3 year deal. I never said he'd sign a rookie deal, I said he would likely get a deal similar to what they were offering Gigi Datomie and Joe Ingles, which was $950,000 a year, which is what happened.

You can read all my thoughts on it in the threads from weeks ago here, none of which have been edited because I know what I was talking about. You just get it in your head that people say one thing and then just assume it is truth.
All these links are the only times I've ever posted about Calathes, and include the page where I first posted on. I even gave you the benefit of the doubt that maybe I said "rookie deal" but no, it's just you being delusional again.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308288
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308376
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308829&page=5

Ignore list. You earned it.

Euroleague
08-13-2013, 12:37 AM
Oh and by the way, this just was posted on twitter as I was typing this out and reading back through my old posts.

The guy writing that on Twitter did not even get basic facts right. First, the buyout was 500,000 euros, not 500,000 dollars. Second, Calathes was being offered $16 million by his Russian team, not $2.5 million.

And you are claiming this guy is some kind of legit source? :facepalm

Le Shaqtus
08-13-2013, 12:54 AM
And you are claiming this guy is some kind of legit source? :facepalm

The Irony.

Dunaprenti
08-13-2013, 02:50 AM
More BULLSHIT.

Peja wanted to play for Greece. He could not play for Greece because of political tensions. Greece made a law that no one from a war Yugo state could play for Greece in sports, as to not stir up political tensions.

Peja said many times he would have played for Greece and it was his strong desire to do so.

Where his "allegiance lies'............LMFAO

I guess that's why he has lived in Greece since he was 15 years old, served in Greek government, speaks Greek, writes Greek, reads Greek, is married to a Greek, his kids were born and raised in Greece...............

Take your ignorance and piss off.

I said Pejas situation was different didn't I? Please provide some links about him wanting to play for Greece. Peja moved to Greece when he was 17 (quick wiki check).
My brother lives in Austria, speaks German, his kids are born and raised there and his wife is Polish with Austrian citizenship, but this doesn't change how he/she feels about his/hers native country.
Your trolling is kind of amusing but it gets old.

LJJ
08-13-2013, 03:21 AM
$1 million a year. Which, according to Euroleague, is equivalent to about a €250k contract in Europe.

Also please consider that Calathes is far from "just a backup" on the Greek national team, he was their sixth man during the last important tournament Greece played: http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/12/olym/team/p/eid/6232/sid/6229/tid/291/profile.html

Also, in regards to the lies Euroleague spreads in regards to Koufos not even making the national team right now, he didn't make the team because he didn't make himself available:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2013/05/24/nuggets-c-kosta-koufos-wont-play-this-summer-for-greek-national-team/8975/

dr.hee
08-13-2013, 04:48 AM
STOP LYING. Peja considers himself Greek and has lived in Greece for over 20 years.

How the **** can you say he has no ties to Greece?

The amount of pathological liars in this forum is appalling.

What about Jaric? You've said he left to Greece when he was a kid because of "war" , but he really played in Belgrade until he was 18. Ignoring that, right?

gabepizza
08-13-2013, 07:58 AM
[QUOTE=LJJ]$1 million a year. Which, according to Euroleague, is equivalent to about a

ncrizzle
08-13-2013, 08:47 AM
Im gonna take a shot in the dark and say EuroL has conquered every Non US message board pertaining to professional ball. How many times can you see:roll:
:roll::roll::roll::roll::lol:lol:lol:roll:in threads where you defend spanoWHOGIVESASHIT. Is he paying you to puff him up on big USA basketball internet thing?!@?

I could start a thread titled " Post a pic of the hottest b1tch youve fvcked". Guess what, that thread would be deleted/moved because this is THE NBA FORUM. I realize you have all your stock in this guy, but you gotta call a spade a spade. Denial is the first symptom. But it appears you are suffering from a long term illness. Thanks for the Lulz.

andremiller07
08-13-2013, 08:52 AM
They would have been way better off getting Beno @1.3mil imo

zac
08-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Ignore list. You earned it.
I just stated all the facts, was polite and accurate and you couldn't handle it because you were wrong. Good one. Anyone can go back and read the links I posted and see how delusional you are and that you just make up things.

Euroleague
08-13-2013, 01:30 PM
I said Pejas situation was different didn't I? Please provide some links about him wanting to play for Greece. Peja moved to Greece when he was 17 (quick wiki check).
My brother lives in Austria, speaks German, his kids are born and raised there and his wife is Polish with Austrian citizenship, but this doesn't change how he/she feels about his/hers native country.
Your trolling is kind of amusing but it gets old.

He has lived in Greece since he was 16, not 17.

Also, if I provide a link proving he wanted to play for Greece, but could not due to the issue I said (it was not allowed then because of the political war issue).........for example now, Serbian born player Vlantimir Giankovits plays for Greece with no issues..............

When I post a link to a big Greek media showing this, that Peja met with the head of Greek sports ministry and personally told him this..............

I want you and everyone else that said I was lying about it to agree to take a 3 day ban from the site.

Euroleague
08-13-2013, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE=LJJ]$1 million a year. Which, according to Euroleague, is equivalent to about a

Andrew Wiggins
08-13-2013, 01:34 PM

Also, if I provide a link proving he wanted to play for Greece, but could not due to the issue I said (it was not allowed then because of the political war issue).........for example now, Serbian born player Vlantimir Giankovits plays for Greece with no issues..............

When I post a link to a big Greek media showing this, that Peja met with the had of Greek sports ministry and personally told him this..............

I want you and everyone else that said I was lying about it to agree to take a 3 day ban from the site.

liar :oldlol:

Euroleague
08-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Good job exposing Euroleague's lies and exaggerations with links to actual facts.

Calathes has never been anything but a bit part role player, and only ever made the team because Diamantidis refused to play and there were tons of injuries every summer.

Koufos was NOT invited TWICE, even last summer he was NOT invited, even after several centers got injured.

Koufos was NOT put on the team this summer either you lying SOB. He denied a training camp invite.

He was NEVER selected to the team for this summer. He was merely one of TWENTY FIVE PLAYERS that got a training camp invite.

You will burn in hell.

And like I said, now that Calathes is finally thank god kicked off the team, Greece will win another medal. He was absolutely wrecking the whole team ever since he got on it. He was absolutely causing loss after loss ever since he came on the team.

The federation head was just in love with him and demanded he be on the team. But even in just 10 minutes of play time he could wreck a whole game with his horrific shooting.

With Calathes off the team, the team will be back to normal. Calathes was the biggest cancer in the history of Greece's national team. Dream scenario is coming true.............the NBA takes that scrub away, then the gold medal will come and finally he can stay out of the team permanently.

Greece had to play 4 on 5 on offense the whole damn time he was in the game.

Your POS Grizzlies team can have him. The Grizzlies could not even win one game in a 7 game series against Greek clubs PAO and Olympiacos. So naturally, they probably think Calathes is good or something.

I got news for you idiot, Calathes is the worst jump shooting point guard I have ever seen. And his free throw shooting is absolutely catastrophically bad.

The fact that you seem to actually be happy one of your NBA teams signed him and are trolling about how he was 6th player on Greece NT just truly shows that you really are a gigantic idiot.

Rubio is like Nash in shooting compared to that POS scrub Calathes.

Euroleague
08-13-2013, 01:40 PM
I just stated all the facts, was polite and accurate and you couldn't handle it because you were wrong. Good one. Anyone can go back and read the links I posted and see how delusional you are and that you just make up things.

You are a pathological liar and a certified lunatic. You definitely are one of gabepizza's aliases.

Le Shaqtus
08-13-2013, 01:40 PM

What are you 12? Grow up.

Or eat some more dorito's while you fail to troll this board, whatever works.

Andrew Wiggins
08-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Calathes has never been anything but a bit part role player, and only ever made the team because Diamantidis refused to play and there were tons of injuries every summer.

Koufos was NOT invited TWICE, even last summer he was NOT invited, even after several centers got injured.

Koufos was NOT put on the team this summer either you lying SOB. He denied a training camp invite.

He was NEVER selected to the team for this summer. He was merely one of TWENTY FIVE PLAYERS that got a training camp invite.

You will burn in hell.

And like I said, now that Calathes is finally than god kicked off the team, Greece will win another medal. He was absolutely wrecking the whole team ever since he got on it.

The federation head was just in love with him and demanded he be on the team. But even in just 10 minutes of play time he could wreck a whole game with his horrific shooting.

With Calathes off the team, the team will be back to normal. Calathes was the biggest cancer in the history of Greece's national team. Dream scenario is coming true.............the NBA takes that scrub away, then the gold medal will come and finally he can stay out of the team permanently.

Your POS Grizzlies team can have him. The Grizzlies could not even win one game in a 7 game series against Greek clubs PAO and Olympiacos. So naturally, they probably think Calathes is good or something.

I got news for you idiot, Calathes is the worst jump shooting point guard I have ever seen. And his free throw shooting is absolutely catastrophically bad.

The fact that you seem to actually be happy your team signed him and are trolling about how he was 6th player on Greece NT just truly shows that you really are a gigantic idiot.

stop lying queer

Euroleague
08-13-2013, 01:43 PM
liar :oldlol:

I have the link proving it readily at hand.

Luckily in this case, there is a recent story verifying it, so you clowns can't get away with calling me a liar this time.

I will gladly post it, but first, I want a 3 day ban for you and everyone else that said I lied about it.

This constant personal attack by a gang of trolls against everything I post here is out of line.

You fools just false accuse me of lying endlessly and think it is funny.

You need to start taking 3 day bans at a time for every time you falsely accuse someone of making up a story.

dr.hee
08-13-2013, 01:43 PM

When I post a link to a big Greek media showing this, that Peja met with the had of Greek sports ministry and personally told him this..............

What about providing a link proving that Marko Jaric left Yugoslavia due to the war when he was a child? I mean obviously it can't be true that he played in Belgrade until being 18 years old. So the whole world is lying. But you know the truth. So please enlighten me.

You need help. Seriously, if that's not simply trolling you should probably look for a psychiatrist soon. I mean what if someday Greece loses to Nigeria again, will there be a single shot heard inside of a trailer somewhere in Arkansas?

Euroleague
08-13-2013, 01:51 PM
What are you 12? Grow up.

Or eat some more dorito's while you fail to troll this board, whatever works.

No. These mofos come here and EVERY thing I write is said to be "made up" "a lie" etc.

They just hundreds of times write untrue shit and say I lied abotu stuff that is completely true.

These mofos need to start getting banned for this shit. I will provide the link immediately as soon as I get a mod to say they will ban them for 3 days.

I am sick of this endless barrage of false accusations against me that I just make up everything and lie about everything.

These mofos are the ones that LIE with every god damn post they make, and then accuse people telling the truth of lying.

It's about god damn time they start taking 3 day bans, until they learn to stop it.

I am not just posting the link, because I do that in EVERY thread and it is just IGNORED and they still say I lied and made it up, then the same shit starts in the next thread.

I want BANS from now on when these creepy little pricks do this defamation of character shit.

Euroleague
08-13-2013, 01:54 PM
stop lying queer

I bet your team president would love to have your posts here posted to twitter, with the name of the club you represent. And the nice private messages you also send.

Not to mention comments like how Euroleague is far worse than MLS..............yeah.

Euroleague
08-13-2013, 01:56 PM

What about providing a link proving that Marko Jaric left Yugoslavia due to the war when he was a child? I mean obviously it can't be true that he played in Belgrade until being 18 years old. So the whole world is lying. But you know the truth. So please enlighten me.

It's common knowledge dipshit. Why don;t you PROVE that he did NOT go to Greece because of that?

Go ahead asshole. Since you are the one that is making an untrue claim. PROVE it.

Otherwise STFU.

Miserio
08-13-2013, 02:03 PM
These are all the highlights Spanoulis' had in one of his best games in the NBA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWl-JHATnP4

Andrew Wiggins
08-13-2013, 02:07 PM
I bet your team president would love to have your posts here posted to twitter, with the name of the club you represent. And the nice private messages you also send.

Not to mention comments like how Euroleague is far worse than MLS..............yeah.

do it, you won't

btw, stop lying :lol

Euroleague
08-13-2013, 03:02 PM
do it, you won't

btw, stop lying :lol

It's really bad for a guy working in a club to say the things you do.

dr.hee
08-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Euroleague meltdown :roll:

Rooster
08-13-2013, 03:10 PM
No. These mofos come here and EVERY thing I write is said to be "made up" "a lie" etc.

They just hundreds of times write untrue shit and say I lied abotu stuff that is completely true.

These mofos need to start getting banned for this shit. I will provide the link immediately as soon as I get a mod to say they will ban them for 3 days.

I am sick of this endless barrage of false accusations against me that I just make up everything and lie about everything.

These mofos are the ones that LIE with every god damn post they make, and then accuse people telling the truth of lying.

It's about god damn time they start taking 3 day bans, until they learn to stop it.

I am not just posting the link, because I do that in EVERY thread and it is just IGNORED and they still say I lied and made it up, then the same shit starts in the next thread.

I want BANS from now on when these creepy little pricks do this defamation of character shit.

Blah blah blah:oldlol:

You are racking lies like VSpan racked turnovers in his failed NBA attempt.:oldlol:

Rooster
08-13-2013, 03:15 PM
$1 million a year. Which, according to Euroleague, is equivalent to about a €250k contract in Europe.

Also please consider that Calathes is far from "just a backup" on the Greek national team, he was their sixth man during the last important tournament Greece played: http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/12/olym/team/p/eid/6232/sid/6229/tid/291/profile.html

Also, in regards to the lies Euroleague spreads in regards to Koufos not even making the national team right now, he didn't make the team because he didn't make himself available:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2013/05/24/nuggets-c-kosta-koufos-wont-play-this-summer-for-greek-national-team/8975/

He claimed Michael Jordan Farmar is making a net 10 million dollars :eek:

in minor league Euroleague

Yet Farmar signed a measly veteran minimum

Including the buyout for the Lakers

That's 8 million paycut

Something does not add up.:facepalm

gabepizza
08-13-2013, 03:51 PM

You will burn in hell.

And like I said, now that Calathes is finally thank god kicked off the team, Greece will win another medal. He was absolutely wrecking the whole team ever since he got on it. He was absolutely causing loss after loss ever since he came on the team.

The fact that you seem to actually be happy one of your NBA teams signed him and are trolling about how he was 6th player on Greece NT just truly shows that you really are a gigantic idiot.

Rubio is like Nash in shooting compared to that POS scrub Calathes.

Maybe if Spanoulis hit better than 6 for 12 on his free throws Greece would have been able to beat Nigeria.
:confusedshrug: