PDA

View Full Version : Iman Shumpert goes in hard on Kendrick Lamar, new beef 6?

CHi1PriDe
08-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Not that hard but Shumpert does respond to Lamar's verse on Big Sean's new track. Maybe, the start of the east/west coast rivalry again?! Not that bad of a verse from someone growing up from the Chicago burbs of Oak Park #knickstape

http://youtu.be/6Zgr7zHx63w

Bigsmoke
08-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Oak Park stand up

chocolatethunder
08-14-2013, 11:24 AM
He should stick to ballin. He needs some serious work on his timing. He's all over the place and never on the beat. It's awful.

ABfor3
08-14-2013, 11:27 AM
He should stick to ballin. He needs some serious work on his timing. He's all over the place and never on the beat. It's awful.

This. Imam Shumpert should stick to what he gets paid for, and IMO I always thought Lou Williams had the best flow in the NBA today.

SilkkTheShocker
08-14-2013, 11:35 AM
Rap music is absolutely terrible now.

Andrew Wiggins
08-14-2013, 11:36 AM
what's up with the dude's voice constantly cracking like he just hit puberty? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Shade8780
08-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Iman just wants to be taken seriously.

HomieWeMajor
08-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Still better than the Knicks chances at a championship

chips93
08-14-2013, 11:48 AM

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e286/hbkb9/39-Jay-Z-Ehhh.gif

Bigsmoke
08-14-2013, 12:19 PM

Kendrick Lamar is basically a new generation of Nas :confusedshrug:

Nas is the G.O.A.T. IMO

Nash
08-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Iman Shumpert is an average NBA player while Kendrick Lamar is a rap superstar. Why the hell is he getting involved?

CHi1PriDe
08-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Iman Shumpert is an average NBA player while Kendrick Lamar is a rap superstar. Why the hell is he getting involved?

Don't have a twitter but copied what shumpert tweeted

"In response to Kendrick verse...he is my fav rapper. He can say what he wants. He is the BEST out. But ill still dunk his ass #crown"

More shots fired or is he tryin to squash shit?

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Iman did okay, but Kendrick lamar iz overrated by tha way, he nice but come on man:facepalm

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 02:03 PM

Nas is the G.O.A.T. IMO
:lol

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 02:04 PM
I agree with u on this most definitely:facepalm somebody brand new gotta come thru and straight kill tha rap game reviving it and all to better heightz (kendrick iz not tha king by tha way).

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 02:05 PM
WOMP WOMP:coleman:

SilkkTheShocker
08-14-2013, 02:06 PM

Nas is the G.O.A.T. IMO

I don't have a problem with Kendrick Lamar. But he is the best of a pretty weak era. And im far from one of those nostalgia obsessed kind of people.

Ill Will
08-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Iman did okay, but Kendrick lamar iz overrated by tha way, he nice but come on man:facepalm
THANK YOU

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 02:16 PM
THANK YOU
you're welcome.

qrich
08-14-2013, 02:19 PM
On par with that overhyped piece of shit tbh.

Bigsmoke
08-14-2013, 02:58 PM
I don't have a problem with Kendrick Lamar. But he is the best of a pretty weak era. And im far from one of those nostalgia obsessed kind of people.

Kendrick Lamar's work will get appreciated more down the line.

Dude is amazing and there is no way around that fact. He would stand out in any era.

NumberSix
08-14-2013, 03:02 PM

Nas is the G.O.A.T. IMO
Nas is the official rapper of people who are fooled easily and don't fact check.

Young X
08-14-2013, 03:03 PM
SilkkTheShocker is right. Other than a few exceptions Hip-Hop has been terrible for 10 years. What classics have been made within the last 10 years? Exactly. Who's left? Nas, Jay, Kanye... Who else?

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 03:13 PM

Dude is amazing and there is no way around that fact. He would stand out in any era.
he's nice, but I wouldnt say amazing he damn sure aint no pac or old nas.

CHi1PriDe
08-14-2013, 03:15 PM
SilkkTheShocker is right. Other than a few exceptions Hip-Hop has been terrible for 10 years. What classics have been made within the last 10 years? Exactly. Who's left? Nas, Jay, Kanye... Who else?

Mos def, talib, and Lupe but they're not as mainstream . And you can't forget about silk the shocker and the limit boys, esp that wobble wobble track, shit was off the heezy !

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 03:16 PM
yea and all three has watered down tremendously. Old nas was miles ahead of tha other two. Jay and Kanye iz good at making albums and hits but can never be lyrical as old nas.

r15mohd
08-14-2013, 03:17 PM

Kanye?!?

Before Kanye I'd put Jada, T.I., Andre 3k, Fabolous, 50 and a bunch of others to be honest

Young X
08-14-2013, 03:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1swlUtEkXZ0 <------last classic in Hip-Hop

NumberSix
08-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Kanye?!?

Before Kanye I'd put Jada, T.I., Andre 3k, Fabolous, 50 and a bunch of others to be honest
Lol. T.i. Is one of the wackest rappers of all time. Don't nobody want to listen to a known snitch rappin about hustling and being a tough guy. Half-word saying tool. :roll:

NumberSix
08-14-2013, 03:22 PM
I just talked about how wack T.I. Is..... Freeway is even worse.

Young X
08-14-2013, 03:27 PM
:facepalm at NumberSix, Who do you even listen to then dude?

You can't deny this is a classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CCvgKMiVlI

SilkkTheShocker
08-14-2013, 03:35 PM

Im not saying he wouldn't. He makes good music. But this era of music is pretty depressing for the most part. I used to be pumped to check out all the new shit coming out, watching music videos, etc. Haven't had that same feeling since 04. 2008 got better, than it just went downhill again. Im just not feeling this era. The clothes, image, etc. Just not into it. But thats just my opinion. We all gotta adapt eventually. But im officially that old guy at parties when it comes to the new stuff they play. I almost never know any of it. And im not even old. :(

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 03:37 PM
he said freeway:lol tha same guy who got murdered by cassidy:oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
08-14-2013, 03:45 PM
he said freeway:lol tha same guy who got murdered by cassidy:oldlol:

Are either of those two still around?

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 03:52 PM
Are either of those two still around?
cassidy came at kendrick earlier, but freeway iz nowhere in sight:oldlol:

MisterAmazing
08-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Hate on me all you want, I'd rather listen to Lupe than Kendrick. That one verse is getting way overhyped.

SilkkTheShocker
08-14-2013, 04:26 PM
cassidy came at kendrick earlier, but freeway iz nowhere in sight:oldlol:

Yea, I was going to say, everyone in State Property is probably eating out of dumpster these days. No more Young Gunz comeback :(

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Yea, I was going to say, everyone in State Property is probably eating out of dumpster these days. No more Young Gunz comeback :(
yea man young gunz seems like they are extinct:facepalm

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Hate on me all you want, I'd rather listen to Lupe than Kendrick. That one verse is getting way overhyped.
yea that verse iz overhyped :facepalm , a few responded but a lot will respond later, Kendrick must be on that gud shit thinking he king of ny, calling himself makaveli''s son too:lol

Inferno
08-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Nas is the GOAT

Glide2keva
08-14-2013, 05:35 PM
This is how I feel. I'm not as impressed as people seem to be with him. The verse was nice, but they acting like he's the second coming.

Glide2keva
08-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Mos def, talib, and Lupe but they're not as mainstream . And you can't forget about silk the shocker and the limit boys, esp that wobble wobble track, shit was off the heezy !Stop posting

Glide2keva
08-14-2013, 05:39 PM

This :applause: :applause:

Bigsmoke
08-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Im not saying he wouldn't. He makes good music. But this era of music is pretty depressing for the most part. I used to be pumped to check out all the new shit coming out, watching music videos, etc. Haven't had that same feeling since 04. 2008 got better, than it just went downhill again. Im just not feeling this era. The clothes, image, etc. Just not into it. But thats just my opinion. We all gotta adapt eventually. But im officially that old guy at parties when it comes to the new stuff they play. I almost never know any of it. And im not even old. :(

Nas is still considered todays hip hop since he is still making critical acclaim album, #1 albums, and grammy nominations.

Joey Bada$$, Chance the Rapper, Nas, Ab Soul, Drake, Lupe, Big Krit, A$Ap Rocky, and Schoolboy Q aren't trash

NumberSix
08-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Nas is still considered todays hip hop since he is still making critical acclaim album, #1 albums, and grammy nominations.

Joey Bada$$, Chance the Rapper, Nas, Ab Soul, Drake, Lupe, Big Krit, A$Ap Rocky, and Schoolboy Q aren't trash
With the exception of Nas, these all like crucial conflict level rappers.

CHi1PriDe
08-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Stop posting

I was being sarcastic with the no limit boys, smh....

Papaya Petee
08-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Funniest part about is, is that the best rapper alive is white

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 06:40 PM
he's one of tha best idk about tha best:no:

MisterAmazing
08-14-2013, 06:45 PM

http://www.clashmusic.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_feature/public/legacy/files/eminem.JPG

Hail to the king :bowdown:

talamo
08-14-2013, 07:17 PM

nope :lol

Kuma
08-14-2013, 07:19 PM

Nas is the G.O.A.T. IMO

Damn, that's so insulting to Nas. Kendrick is so over rated it's not funny.

NumberSix
08-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Damn, that's so insulting to Nas. Kendrick is so over rated it's not funny.
Yeah, but Nas is super overrated to. I mean, his lyrics sound really smart to the average ignorant person, but a lot of his lyrics are full of factual errors and things that are almost right. He's the type of guy who sees something on the history channel and then puts it in his lyrics a week later, but ends up getting shit wrong.

There's a certain type who thinks Nas is the best. The type that isn't that smart that thinks Nas is "the smart mans rapper", but he isn't.

Knoe Itawl
08-14-2013, 09:42 PM
Yeah, but Nas is super overrated to. I mean, his lyrics sound really smart to the average ignorant person, but a lot of his lyrics are full of factual errors and things that are almost right. He's the type of guy who sees something on the history channel and then puts it in his lyrics a week later, but ends up getting shit wrong.

There's a certain type who thinks Nas is the best. The type that isn't that smart that thinks Nas is "the smart mans rapper", but he isn't.

True. Talib, Mos and even Thought are more "thinking man's rapper" than Nas, and I like a lot of Nas stuff.

Kool G Rap is the true GOAT. So underrated it's criminal. I defy you to listen to this and not give it it's props:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lkGO0-hzq4

As for modern sh!t, it's a super weak era but I started feeling this Hopsin dude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRVOOwFNp5U

Mainstream wise, Kendrick Lamar isn't pure garbage but he's not that great either. It takes a lot to impress me from rappers since there's been so many. I always say "rap is easy to do, hard to do well".

Rubio2Gasol
08-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Tech is probably the best for me, but Kendrick is up there.

Anyway, about all the responses, Phil brought it home :bowdown: , everyone else don't make no sense.

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 10:05 PM

I think Nas iz smart and a rap legend but I do agree he gets overrated a bit.

Young X
08-14-2013, 10:09 PM
How is Nas overrated? This dude....

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 10:18 PM
How is Nas overrated? This dude....
He have potential to be way better than what he iz, he needs to expand on his storytelling and song topics, and he messed up now for kissing jay-z ass especially knowin he ethered jay-z's bitch ass 12 years ago:facepalm thats tha main reason he's washed up now, he's a sellout and he's not being really real anymore:facepalm

Young X
08-14-2013, 10:19 PM
^ :facepalm List rappers you feel are better than Nas.

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 10:20 PM
^ :facepalm List rappers you feel are better than Nas.
well one of them iz no longer living:facepalm

KyrieTheFuture
08-14-2013, 10:22 PM
The thing about music is it's really hard to be successful and bad. I understand not liking kendrick but to say he's not talented or overrated is unfair IMO. He's just not you're style. In terms of pure talent he's undeniable he has smart rhymes and a good flow but you don't need to like it. The criminal thing is his best stuff isn't that famous. Listen to cartoons and cereal it's hands down his best song and very deep. I'm about to crucified but I don't like biggie or tupac. I understand they're very talented and great but their sound isn't something I vibe with.

Young X
08-14-2013, 10:23 PM
well one of them iz no longer living:facepalm:facepalm LIST THEM!

1. Big or Pac

Who else?

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 10:28 PM
:facepalm LIST THEM!

1. Big or Pac

Who else?
actually I put pac number 1, others are out there, but I just really have look more into it, cuz nas cant be it right now, theres gotta be better and I know it is.

Young X
08-14-2013, 10:31 PM
This nikka still didn't list them :facepalm

NumberSix
08-14-2013, 10:31 PM
He have potential to be way better than what he iz, he needs to expand on his storytelling and song topics, and he messed up now for kissing jay-z ass especially knowin he ethered jay-z's bitch ass 12 years ago:facepalm thats tha main reason he's washed up now, he's a sellout and he's not being really real anymore:facepalm
Jay-Z said something very real about Nas that went over people's heads though.

"Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he's nice. Just means you don't understand all the bullshit that he writes"

NumberSix
08-14-2013, 10:32 PM
:facepalm LIST THEM!

1. Big or Pac

Who else?
Nas is better than Biggie.

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 10:34 PM
This nikka still didn't list them :facepalm
think about it. If I just listed pac then why u think tha rap game has been horrible for years? Nobody dat real iz stepping up these dayz.

Young X
08-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Nas is better than Biggie.^ I agree, I just assumed those were 1st on his list.

You still didn't explain why Nas is overrated and why What We Do isn't classic.

NumberSix
08-14-2013, 10:36 PM
All truths are not equal though.

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Jay-Z said something very real about Nas that went over people's heads though.

"Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he's nice. Just means you don't understand all the bullshit that he writes"
yea but everybody knows tha old nas was better than him. Nas just got scared and bailed out.

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Nas is better than Biggie.
I agree too.

Akhenaten
08-14-2013, 10:40 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/Haskel45/9599699.gif

http://2a56b976980e0793ddee-5cc5435fcbc367bb03f9a415e7067a97.r91.cf2.rackcdn.c om/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/andre3000.jpg

http://www.hip-hopkings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Pharoahe-Monch.jpg

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/17203743/GZA++Ras+Kass+GZA.jpg

cut it out saltine

Liquid Swordz, ATliens/Aquemini, Internal Affairs >>> Em's LIFE

NumberSix
08-14-2013, 10:49 PM
^ I agree, I just assumed those were 1st on his list.

You still didn't explain why Nas is overrated and why What We Do isn't classic.
I'm pretty sure I did. In case you missed it, its because he's a pseudo-intellectual. He spends too much time talking about stuff he's ignorant of in an obvious attempt to make himself appear like he's some kind of really smart guy. He also makes n attempt to appear as if he's both a Christian and a Muslim when its apparent he's not very knowledgable about either. It comes across as very phoney.

He's the rapper equivalent of a guy who watches a documentary on a particular topic then 2 days later acts like he's an expert when it comes up in conversation all while saying things that are factually incorrect and making it obvious he misunderstood key points of the overall area.

NumberSix
08-14-2013, 10:58 PM
yea but everybody knows tha old nas was better than him. Nas just got scared and bailed out.
Depends what you like. If one sculptor makes a sculpture of a woman's body and another sculptor makes one of a horse, just because you like the sculpture of the woman better doesn't necessarily make that guy a better artist. Maybe you just like that particular subject matter or choice of materials better.

Young X
08-14-2013, 10:59 PM
^ What rappers do you consider better than him?

Fresh Kid
08-14-2013, 11:02 PM
Depends what you like. If one sculptor makes a sculpture of a woman's body and another sculptor makes one of a horse, just because you like the sculpture of the woman better doesn't necessarily make that guy a better artist. Maybe you just like that particular subject matter or choice of materials better.
yea I understand, I think jay z is a better mainstream rapper that make hits and selling albums, but I think nas has tha better lyrics, subject matter, and a better rap mc, which I think stands out to me.

NumberSix
08-14-2013, 11:04 PM
^Aight, what rappers do you consider better than him?
It doesn't matter which ones i personally like better. My personal taste in art is completely subjective.

Young X
08-14-2013, 11:06 PM
^ :facepalm C'mon man. Just list them dude.

NumberSix
08-14-2013, 11:14 PM
^ :facepalm C'mon man. Just list them. I'm curious.
Art is not the same thing as sports though. In art, it about what is created, not the person who created.

I'll make an example in another kind of music. Eddie Van Halen is a guy who can play guitar very well. He's not some kind of great artist though. His band makes pretty mediocre music.

There are rappers who can write a really good rap, but what is that really worth?

Whitney Houston could sing well. She's not even a below average artist. I don't know if she can even be considered an artist at all. Just a girl who can sing.

There a guys who aren't spectacular at "rapping" and aren't wordsmiths when it comes to writing lyrics, but create an overall great end product.

It depends what you're looking for. Just a guy who can rap better than Nas or a better artist than Nas.

Young X
08-14-2013, 11:18 PM
This niqqa still didn't list them. :facepalm

CHi1PriDe
08-15-2013, 12:00 AM
Common- like water for choc and be (chi town native and been consistent)
Jay Z- hard knock and the blueprints
Nas- still and ill
Eminem- marshal Mathers
Wu Tang- (method man, rza, then Raekwon for me)
6th is maybe kanye (some homerism) 1st 3 albums were fire but kinda fell off, smh...

Honorable mentions- blackstar, rakim, biggie. 2pac, tribe, krs one, dmx, canibus. Big fan of slug from atmosphere but he's too underground for yall..

Electric Slide
08-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Rap sucks

215Philly
08-15-2013, 12:37 AM
cassidy killed it

Inferno
08-15-2013, 12:40 AM
I see NumberSix is a Hov stan :lol

Fresh Kid
08-15-2013, 12:43 AM
Common- like water for choc and be (chi town native and been consistent)
Jay Z- hard knock and the blueprints
Nas- still and ill
Eminem- marshal Mathers
Wu Tang- (method man, rza, then Raekwon for me)
6th is maybe kanye (some homerism) 1st 3 albums were fire but kinda fell off, smh...

Honorable mentions- blackstar, rakim, biggie. 2pac, tribe, krs one, dmx, canibus. Big fan of slug from atmosphere but he's too underground for yall..
he say 2pac as honorable mention:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: by tha way rakim iz underrated as well:facepalm

Fresh Kid
08-15-2013, 12:45 AM
cassidy killed it
yea it was kool and he dissed meek mill and gillie too:lol

Young X
08-15-2013, 12:45 AM
he say 2pac as honorable mention:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: by tha way rakim iz underrated as well:facepalmRakim = GOAT

NumberSix
08-15-2013, 12:49 AM
I see NumberSix is a Hov stan :lol
Based on?

Fresh Kid
08-15-2013, 12:51 AM
Rakim = GOAT
yea he's up there.:applause:

NumberSix
08-15-2013, 12:51 AM
yea he's up there.:applause:
Weak era.

Fresh Kid
08-15-2013, 12:55 AM
Weak era.
you a funny guy:lol but rakim was a problem tho.

fozi
08-15-2013, 04:27 AM
wake up call ! and he killed it. everybody other than the 11 rappers are responding lmao. they should what time it is !!