PDA

View Full Version : So Lebron @ 6-8 260 ran a 4.6 40?:

CavaliersFTW
08-15-2013, 03:37 PM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-football/according-to-lebron-james-lebron-james-ran-a-4-6-40-last-summer/

http://www.frankfootball.com/twoguys/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ebron_james_football1.jpg

[QUOTE=Lebron James]

9erempiree
08-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Don't know why you are making this an issue because Lebron's 40 dash time are fake. Nobody has clocked him running that time.

b1imtf
08-15-2013, 03:43 PM
What's the point?

CavaliersFTW
08-15-2013, 03:44 PM
What's the point?
Why do you even have an account on ISH, what's the point?

SilkkTheShocker
08-15-2013, 03:49 PM
LeBron >>>> Wilt.

b1imtf
08-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Well.. I don't spit bullshit about Wilt, for one..

fpliii
08-15-2013, 03:53 PM

How hard are 40 times to find for NBA players? Since speed and leaping ability are most commonly cited as athleticism, I wanted to create a companion thread to the one on guys getting their heads to rim level. If they're too hard to find, maybe you could do something like your speed calculations from one free-throw line to the other for some guys (probably pretty involved, so I wouldn't ask you to do that if it's too much work)?

Just a thought.

abuC
08-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Your obsession with Wilt is borderline creepy.

CavaliersFTW
08-15-2013, 03:59 PM
1 Wilt thread a day by me is borderline creepy.

5 Lebron/Kobe threads a day by the Kobe/Lebron stans = okay

got it.

CavaliersFTW
08-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Well.. I don't spit bullshit about Wilt, for one..
Where's the BS?

SilkkTheShocker
08-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Honestly, OP seems like a cool dude. But convincing people of Wilt's greatness is going to be an uphill battle on ISH

NJW1247
08-15-2013, 04:17 PM

Why do you? All you talk about is Wilt :facepalm

SamuraiSWISH
08-15-2013, 04:18 PM
MJ ran a 4.4 40 ... but, but, but LeBron is the superior athlete, and faster too !!!

Nuff Said
08-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Honestly, OP seems like a cool dude. But convincing people of Wilt's greatness is going to be an uphill battle on ISH

I agree. Wilt is extremely impressive and because he dominated his inferior competition so much it means he'd suck today? The logic puzzles me.

Scholar
Wilt is arguably the GOAT athlete. Imagine if that man grew up with today's modern day medicines, training, etc.

b1imtf
Where's the BS?
Everywhere

TexasBloodMoney
08-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Are we supposed to be impressed that he's faster than Manti Te'o? :rolleyes:

zoom17
08-15-2013, 06:15 PM
lol

inclinerator
08-15-2013, 07:36 PM
jeremy lin ran a 4.2 40

LongLiveTheKing
08-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Lebron would be a better WR honestly Lebron was a beast in High School. Lebron has better hands than Wilt that's for sure.

zoom17
08-15-2013, 07:40 PM
jeremy lin ran a 4.2 40

and Mario Chalmers ran a 4.2 40 too:hammerhead:

unbreakable
08-15-2013, 07:45 PM
lebron is too soft to play football ..everyone knows this

wilt was a beast, mentally and physically. lebron is just a beast physically.

CavaliersFTW
08-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Lebron would be a better WR honestly Lebron was a beast in High School. Lebron has better hands than Wilt that's for sure.
Care to explain?

JimmyMcAdocious
08-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Every non-delusional person knows Wilt is a better athlete than LeBron.

As an aside, I firmly believe Wilt would be the GOAT soccer player if he played the sport. Look at those strides? His pace on the field would be unparalleled.

avonbarksdale
08-15-2013, 07:58 PM
i knew 100% what this thread was gonna be before opening it

LongLiveTheKing
08-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Care to explain?
Lebron actually played football in high school, Urban Meyer was giving him a scholarship to Notre Dame. Your basing Wilt playing football one coach who said he could while many NFL players and coaches have said Lebron could play football. Maybe you could use Wilt in the end zone?

Deuce Bigalow
08-15-2013, 08:14 PM
i knew 100% what this thread was gonna be before opening it
This and I left satisfied.

NumberSix
08-15-2013, 08:20 PM
MJ ran a 4.4 40 ... but, but, but LeBron is the superior athlete, and faster too !!!
Is it possible for a Jordan Stan read ANYTHING about anybody without instantly chiming in with "Jordan did it better"?

CavaliersFTW
08-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Lebron actually played football in high school, Urban Meyer was giving him a scholarship to Notre Dame. Your basing Wilt playing football one coach who said he could while many NFL players and coaches have said Lebron could play football. Maybe you could use Wilt in the end zone?
I asked you to explain your assertion that Lebron had way better hands - didn't you see that I bolded specifically that part? And Lebron may have been an all-state player in HS but a HOF Pro coach worked Wilt out and was absolutely convinced Wilt would the greatest WR in pro football. That's a very bold and weighted statement. Let's not act like that doesn't instantly put Wilt in the conversation with Lebron in terms of likely being able to excel in pro football. You have got to be doing some amazing things to have never even played the sport yet instantly have a pro coach desperate to put you on the team.

zoom17
08-15-2013, 08:34 PM
lebron is too soft to play football ..everyone knows this

wilt was a beast, mentally and physically. lebron is just a beast physically.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

LongLiveTheKing
08-15-2013, 08:37 PM
I asked you to explain your assertion that Lebron had way better hands - didn't you see that I bolded specifically that part? And Lebron may have been an all-state player in HS but a HOF Pro coach worked Wilt out and was absolutely convinced Wilt would the greatest WR in pro football. That's a very bold and weighted statement. Let's not act like that doesn't instantly put Wilt in the conversation with Lebron in terms of likely being able to excel in pro football. You have got to be doing some amazing things to have never even played the sport yet instantly have a pro coach desperate to put you on the team.
All he did was run fast and he's tall and he caught a couple passes, which could work in the end zone. Lebron has better hands because he has a resume to back him up not a random coach that was probably sucking up to Wilt.
What does the opinion of one coach matter?

andgar923
08-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Wilt is arguably the GOAT athlete. Imagine if that man grew up with today's modern day medicines, training, etc.

Imagine all the poon he could get with Twitter, Facebook and MySpace before that?

Heavincent
08-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Revis would shit on both of them.

fpliii
08-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Revis would shit on both of them.

We're gonna win like 5 games this year. They'd better at least start Geno Smith so I have something to look forward to watching.

Milliner and Richardson both look like they could be beasts though.

ProfessorMurder
08-15-2013, 08:56 PM
All he did was run fast and he's tall and he caught a couple passes, which could work in the end zone. Lebron has better hands because he has a resume to back him up not a random coach that was probably sucking up to Wilt.

That's cool how you were at the training session to see exactly what happened.

What's LeBron's legacy? Being okay in high school. STOP THE PRESSES this athletic monster caught some passes over high school kids!

Why would the trainer suck up to a young Wilt?

What does your biased opinion matter? You never saw LeBron play football, you never saw Wilt play football. Your opinion purely comes from sucking LeBron's nards because he's on the team you support.

Heavincent
We're gonna win like 5 games this year. They'd better at least start Geno Smith so I have something to look forward to watching.

Yeah Geno will start sooner or later, so they might as well just start him right away. Sick to death of Sanchez.

I'm excited about the defense though. Wilkerson, Coples, Richardson, Milliner, Davis, Harris, and Cromartie is a good core. Now they just need to focus on the offense in next years draft.

CavaliersFTW
Quick question, did you actually read the article?

Sarcastic
08-15-2013, 09:03 PM
LeBron >>>> Wilt.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ArghRWGirlfriend.gif

RedBlackAttack
08-15-2013, 09:20 PM
From the article...

According to James, he ran the 40-yard dash time in a respectable 4.6 seconds.

That's not how it works. :oldlol:

The NFL uses electronic devices to give precise 40 times, down to thousandths of a second. Even if a 40-time is hand-timed by an unbiased, neutral source, it is brushed off as "not counting" by NFL standards. If it isn't electronically timed, it means nothing.

Now, just saying that you ran a certain time? Means nothing.

JimmyMcAdocious
08-15-2013, 09:23 PM

Expectations of Geno? I have an early pick in a rookie draft (franchise league) and I'm thinking between Geno or EJ.

SyRyanYang
08-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Both a top t goat athletes, your point?

oh wait, when was the last time you have a point, my bad.

SyRyanYang
08-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Both are top goat athletes, your point?

oh wait, when was the last time you have a point, my bad.

fpliii
08-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Expectations of Geno? I have an early pick in a rookie draft (franchise league) and I'm thinking between Geno or EJ.

Not sure, depends how stubborn they are with Sanchez. Either way, I hope they're horrible so we can get Clowney next season.

I'd go EJ tbh. He said something about it being an easier offense than they had at FSU, and people are saying great things.

AintNoSunshine
08-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Wilt had small hands

CavaliersFTW
08-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Wilt had small hands
He did?

http://www.corbisimages.com/stock-photo/rights-managed/BE051863/young-wilt-chamberlain-displays-hands

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-hXCzL1M_JQ0/Ug2ESRu-7DI/AAAAAAAAEjk/_JTndhMyHfQ/s800/12031956_02.jpg

Wilt's hands measure 9 1/2 inches from wrist to tip of middle finger and 11 1/2 inches from spread thumb to spread little finger.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-I3l7sTXDwhU/T3FlUEHiEtI/AAAAAAAADVU/HYX_jxrwmgM/s800/wilt%2520hands%25201.jpg

Ca$H
08-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Jadeveon Clowney says hi. 6-6 275 4.46 40 time.:eek:

Ca$H
08-15-2013, 09:54 PM
I hate Wilt because I never got to see him perform. He may be the greatest athletic freak of all time and it was wasted in a weak era with nobody watching.:cry:

RedBlackAttack
08-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Jadeveon Clowney says hi. 6-6 275 4.46 40 time.:eek:
...and that is a legitimate 40-time, unlike the others in this thread. Clowney is a monster.

ThickassGlasses
08-15-2013, 10:09 PM
...and that is a legitimate 40-time, unlike the others in this thread. Clowney is a monster.

Yes, because Clowney hasn't been training to run a 40 yard dash for about 4 years now.. :facepalm

People here are ridiculous.

RedBlackAttack
08-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Yes, because Clowney hasn't been training to run a 40 yard dash for about 4 years now.. :facepalm

People here are ridiculous.
Huh?

I don't understand what you're arguing... That running a 4.46 for a 275-pound guy isn't impressive because he has "trained" for it?

If James went to the combine and ran a 4.60 at his current size, I'd be impressed... whether he was training for it or not. That isn't what happened, though. He "said" he ran a 4.60, which somehow resulted in a news article. Slow news day, I guess. :oldlol:

TheReal Kendall
08-15-2013, 10:49 PM

Urban Meyer was the WR coach at ND until 2000 :facepalm So how was he gonna give Lebron a scholarship when Lebron didn't graduate until 2003????:facepalm

You guys just be spewing shit out your ass.:lol

I ran the 40 in 4.4 and then 4.3 the second time. 40 times don't mean shit.

It definitely doesn't mean you can be a great football player. Only mean you can run fast

Edit: What's this training you people speak of?

Either you're fast or you're not.

plowking
08-15-2013, 11:41 PM
What's funny is the OP goes out of his way to find all this info to stop people ragging on his favorite player and best player in the league at the time, then he goes on and rags on the best player in the league of today constantly. Always wants to play if off as a joke too... lol.

Irony and hypocrisy at its finest.

Linspired
08-15-2013, 11:47 PM

Hand time isn't legitimate. Only combine time matters. I highly doubt clown eh will run sub4.55 40.

RedBlackAttack
08-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Hand time isn't legitimate. Only combine time matters. I highly doubt clown eh will run sub4.55 40.
Usually hand times don't go to hundredths of a second. I just assumed it was electronically timed. If it was hand timed, yeah... means next to nothing.

abuC
08-16-2013, 12:14 AM
What's funny is the OP goes out of his way to find all this info to stop people ragging on his favorite player and best player in the league at the time, then he goes on and rags on the best player in the league of today constantly. Always wants to play if off as a joke too... lol.

Yeah, and he puts way too much work into it for it to be a joke, my man comes up with pie charts, videos with calculations on their speed, photoshopped pics trying to scale players :roll:

sundizz
08-16-2013, 12:32 AM
Yeah, and he puts way too much work into it for it to be a joke, my man comes up with pie charts, videos with calculations on their speed, photoshopped pics trying to scale players :roll:

Yeah. Prop up some old guy and hate on the current guy. Keyboard jockeying at it's finest. CavsFTL prolly is super unathletic so he gets off on this stuff.

Anyone that watches Lebron can see that it's not just speed...it's body control going at that speed. No one ever in the history of basketball has the ability to get to full speed (while dribbling) and go around defenders. The closest was Bark and Robinson. Wilt might have an amazing top speed...but he isn't Lebron when it comes to football athleticism. He is a straight line sprinter. Lebron is a movement sprinter. You are dense if you don't see that. Wilt probably could of been a best ever football player too...he's an amazing athlete but the way you make it sound is that athleticism is all about raw combine numbers. It's ridiculous that you disparage arguable the best athlete of all time to prop up another arguably best athlete of all time. Irony that you want people to respect that mountain lion fighting player from the past, when you don't even show the same respect to the ones in the present. All this high and mighty talk you put out here is pathetic...cuz at the end of the day you are just another troll that tries to hide his ugliness in beautifully edited videos.
t

Ca$H
08-16-2013, 12:38 AM
Yeah. Prop up some old guy and hate on the current guy. Keyboard jockeying at it's finest. CavsFTL prolly is super unathletic so he gets off on this stuff.

Anyone that watches Lebron can see that it's not just speed...it's body control going at that speed. No one ever in the history of basketball has the ability to get to full speed (while dribbling) and go around defenders. The closest was Bark and Robinson. Wilt might have an amazing top speed...but he isn't Lebron when it comes to football athleticism. He is a straight line sprinter. Lebron is a movement sprinter. You are dense if you don't see that. Wilt probably could of been a best ever football player too...he's an amazing athlete but the way you make it sound is that athleticism is all about raw combine numbers. It's ridiculous that you disparage arguable the best athlete of all time to prop up another arguably best athlete of all time. Irony that you want people to respect that mountain lion fighting player from the past, when you don't even show the same respect to the ones in the present. All this high and mighty talk you put out here is pathetic...cuz at the end of the day you are just another troll that tries to hide his ugliness in beautifully edited videos.
t

13 year LeBron stans propping up LeBron and hating on the GOAT MJ even though they have never seen him play is more annoying. Comparing LeBron to MJ is a huge insult to MJ. It is also a huge insult to the game of basketball.

CavaliersFTW
08-16-2013, 12:48 AM
Has it really reached the point where I've acquired a full-time posse of "haters"? Guess that means I'm accomplishing too much too quickly for a few people.

You guys who can't seem to handle me should find a more productive way to spend your time. I'm not going to change for a few people on the internet who act like jealous children. You may not agree with the way I bring attention to NBA history but it definitely generates interest for some people, and they appreciate seeing what I turn up, and most importantly I enjoy doing what I do. If you guys think what I do is so terrible, just take a minute to reflect on yourselves, your objective lately is to see what I've posted and attempt to point out how terrible it is... I'm actually contributing things to the greater community of basketball. You guys on the other hand, are contributing to ISH being a paradise for D-league level trolling - where attacking people who do research on topics other than the usual Lebron or Kobe circlejerk is encouraged.

zoom17
08-16-2013, 12:53 AM

He Tells facts that most people don't give a crap about

Ca$H
08-16-2013, 12:54 AM
Has it really reached the point where I've acquired a full-time posse of "haters"? Guess that means I'm accomplishing too much too quickly for a few people.

You guys who can't seem to handle me should find a more productive way to spend your time. I'm not going to change for a few people on the internet who act like jealous children. You may not agree with the way I bring attention to NBA history but it definitely generates interest for some people, and they appreciate seeing what I turn up, and most importantly I enjoy doing what I do. If you guys think what I do is so terrible, just take a minute to reflect on yourselves, your objective lately is to see what I've posted and attempt to point out how terrible it is... I'm actually contributing things to the greater community of basketball. You guys on the other hand, are contributing to ISH being a paradise for D-league level trolling - where attacking people who do research on topics other than the usual Lebron or Kobe circlejerk is encouraged.

don't mind them man. these kids want to delude themselves into thinking they are watching the best because they don't want to accept the fact that they weren't alive when the true GOAT players were balling.

SamuraiSWISH
08-16-2013, 01:25 AM
Is it possible for a Jordan Stan read ANYTHING about anybody without instantly chiming in with "Jordan did it better"?
You mad, bro?!

:oldlol:

Just pointing it out. 4.6 @ 6'8 and 250 lbs is still insanely impressive.

sportjames23
08-16-2013, 01:33 AM
13 year LeBron stans propping up LeBron and hating on the GOAT MJ even though they have never seen him play is more annoying. Comparing LeBron to MJ is a huge insult to MJ. It is also a huge insult to the game of basketball.

:cheers:

LongLiveTheKing
08-16-2013, 01:42 AM

Urban Meyer was the WR coach at ND until 2000 :facepalm So how was he gonna give Lebron a scholarship when Lebron didn't graduate until 2003????:facepalm

It definitely doesn't mean you can be a great football player. Only mean you can run fast

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/aug/02/sports/la-sp-sn-lebron-james-was-recruited-by-ohio-state-football-coach-urban-meyer-20120802
When Lebron was a sophomore he got offered, dumbass.

secund2nun
08-16-2013, 01:49 AM
Wilt was an athletic freak like Lebron, but Lebron>Wilt as a bball player.

Put Lebron back then in that league full of unathletic undersized white scrubs and he would single handedly win the title every season.

russwest0
08-16-2013, 02:07 AM
LMAO @ People just taking LeBron on his word with something like this and acting like it's a fact that his 40 time is 4.60

LeBron is the biggest attention whore in the NBA. Of course you'll see him saying that he ran a 4.60

b1imtf
08-16-2013, 03:13 AM
OP mad

East_Stone_Ya
08-16-2013, 03:20 AM

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3452.png&w=350&h=254

plowking
08-16-2013, 03:28 AM

Nah.

You're just a troll, who simply spends more time researching his stuff, since its old and hard to find. You may garner a little more respect than the Kobe/Bron/Durant fanboys since you have to search harder to find material, but at the end of the day, you're just a troll with a bunch of pie graphs as abuC said.

He Tells facts that most people don't give a crap about
I'm not sure if that was meant as a compliment or insult to the OP. :oldlol:

He doesn't post facts as often as he/you thinks he does. He posts suggestive articles and makes homer/troll statements which he claims to be unbiased conclusions from reading the source.

OP is a lame really. Good on him for finding all this stuff, but hes clearly got an inferiorty complex with the way he goes about hyping someone beyond belief (Wilt) and then trying to tear someone down (Lebron).

Basically... :sleeping

CavaliersFTW
08-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Nah.

You're just a troll, who simply spends more time researching his stuff, since its old and hard to find. You may garner a little more respect than the Kobe/Bron/Durant fanboys since you have to search harder to find material, but at the end of the day, you're just a troll with a bunch of pie graphs as abuC said.

I'm not sure if that was meant as a compliment or insult to the OP. :oldlol:

He doesn't post facts as often as he/you thinks he does. He posts suggestive articles and makes homer/troll statements which he claims to be unbiased conclusions from reading the source.

OP is a lame really. Good on him for finding all this stuff, but hes clearly got an inferiorty complex with the way he goes about hyping someone beyond belief (Wilt) and then trying to tear someone down (Lebron).

Basically... :sleeping
So I'm just a troll who uses a few facts here and there to up my trolling game?

It's cute that you think you've got me pegged, but you don't. I've openly stated before, I will/have joked/"trolled" about Clippers (when CF86 was around), Kobe stans, etc but mostly Euroleague and Lebron stans (I'm a Cavaliers fan genius, a little bit of vitrol from my side isn't a crime, nor is it an "inferiority complex" :hammerhead: ). Why? Because that's all ISH is - 50 Kobe/Lebron threads a day, there's nothing else to post about to pass time between my NBA history related posts so why not? Whether you like it or not ISH encourages that kind of behavior right now. Perhaps it isn't for the better but if you want it to change, tell Jeff you'd like to be a mod and start cracking down on it.

As for Wilt's era, I may come up with a sarcastic title or something along those lines every once in a while but it doesn't automatically mean the content was intended to be used for trolling, it's usually for a reason like I've seen a poster/post repeat that sarcasm before but were serious so I'm mocking them or their attitude they reflected. The time I spend researching, collecting archive footage, and editing video isn't ammo for my own personal trolling - you are an idiot if you think I spend this much time for the purpose of a cheap laugh. What's your post history like Plowking, are you just a serious sam who despises humor? I doubt it. Like it or not, there are people capable of both having fun and contributing to the ISH community. If you don't like the way I have fun, get the mods to crack down on some rules so I actually have some guidelines and I'll gladly abide by them. Until then, I'll continue to make threads about NBA history, serious sarcastic or otherwise - with solid data inside.

http://www.spikesnstars.com/docs/wp-content/uploads/HatersGonnaHate.jpg

WindmiLL
08-16-2013, 11:27 AM
1 Wilt thread a day by me is borderline creepy.

5 Lebron/Kobe threads a day by the Kobe/Lebron stans = okay

got it.

There are 20 Lebron stans and 20 Kobe stans creating those threads.

You are just 1. Think about it.

f0und
08-16-2013, 11:28 AM
in that wilt video that floated around a few weeks ago, there were a couple of plays where wilt took off like a *uckin rocket. his acceleration was insane, made even more insane by his 7'1" frame.

CavaliersFTW
08-16-2013, 11:29 AM

5 as in 5 per poster, you don't believe me than look up say, 9erempires post history the past few days. Heck you won't even get an accurate count because so many of the threads get deleted.

Trollsmasher
08-16-2013, 11:37 AM
LeBron ran 4.40 40y in high school.

He was just messing around last summer:pimp:

WindmiLL
08-16-2013, 11:46 AM
5 as in 5 per poster, you don't believe me than look up say, 9erempires post history the past few days. Heck you won't even get an accurate count because so many of the threads get deleted.

You're comparing yourself with 9erempires. Think about it. Again :oldlol:

SpurrDurr
08-16-2013, 11:48 AM
OP: you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain

CavaliersFTW
08-16-2013, 11:50 AM
OP: you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain
apparently so :oldlol:

kshutts1
08-16-2013, 11:52 AM

You have clearly never worked out in your life.

kshutts1
08-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Wilt would not have been a good WR. His height would be too much of an issue for him to be anything but a specialist... red zone, 3rd down, etc. Players would not only purposefully go for his knees/ankles because of his sheer size, but also accidentally do so, again because of his size.

Assuming Wilt was human, he would have likely had serious knee/ankle issues and had a very shortened career, thus limiting his overall greatness, or he would have been used in a specialist's role, again limited his greatness.

rhythmic
08-16-2013, 11:55 AM

:rolleyes: Add 60 pounds of muscle to Jordan and see if he even matches 4.6!

Marchesk
08-16-2013, 11:56 AM

Rebounding, shot blocking, assists, and bowling dudes over on the way to dunking. Jordan stans will concede those to bigs and guys named Magic or Stocton (for the assists, obviously).

Marchesk
08-16-2013, 11:58 AM

Did you factor in alts?

SHAQisGOAT
08-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Goat athlete right there:bowdown:

SamuraiSWISH
08-16-2013, 01:23 PM
:rolleyes: Add 60 pounds of muscle to Jordan and see if he even matches 4.6!
:oldlol: @ you actually believing LeBron is 60 pounds heavier than Mike, while only being 2 inches taller

30 lbs per inch youre saying basically. The myth and exaggeration of this guys size and weight is getting to be ridiculous.

He's 2 inches and 30 to 35 lbs heavier. 60 lbs heavier than 215 ... Right. He's clearly 25 lbs away from 300 lbs.

:facepalm

CavaliersFTW
08-16-2013, 01:34 PM
:oldlol: @ you actually believing LeBron is 60 pounds heavier than Mike, while only being 2 inches taller

30 lbs per inch youre saying basically. The myth and exaggeration of this guys size and weight is getting to be ridiculous.

He's 2 inches and 30 to 35 lbs heavier. 60 lbs heavier than 215 ... Right. He's clearly 25 lbs away from 300 lbs.

Michael Jordan:
6-4.88" w/o shoes
6-11.25 wingspan
198-218lbs prime - 225lbs as a wizard

Lebron James:
6-7.25 (realistically could have grown to maybe 6-7.5 since being drafted) w/o shoes
7-0.25 wingspan
240-267lbs - usually plays about 260

Those are the figures I've acquired through research.

SamuraiSWISH
08-16-2013, 01:40 PM
Michael Jordan:
6-4.88" w/o shoes
6-11.25 wingspan
198-218lbs prime - 225lbs as a wizard

Lebron James:
6-7.25 (realistically could have grown to maybe 6-7.5 since being drafted) w/o shoes
7-0.25 wingspan
240-267lbs - usually plays about 260

Those are the figures I've acquired through research.
Right, in neither case is LeBron 60 lbs heavier than Jordan.

tpols
08-16-2013, 01:43 PM

He's closer to 60 than 30..

Lebron was 200+ when he was like 15..240 entering the league.. And easily has 20+lbs on that now.

He's waaaaay bigger than jordan

CavaliersFTW
08-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Right, in neither case is LeBron 60 lbs heavier than Jordan.
Current Lebron is 60lbs heavier than rookie Jordan so it's not entirely untruthful :lol but... that's rookie MJ and not really a fair comparison. More accurately Lebron has been an average of 40lbs heavier than Jordan when comparing each athlete at similar points of their careers. Def not 60.

SamuraiSWISH
08-16-2013, 01:55 PM
More accurately Lebron has been an average of 40lbs heavier than Jordan when comparing each athlete at similar points of their careers. Def not 60.
That's essentially what I'm getting at. It also has to be taken into account that the 80s game there wasn't a need to be so big because it was all about running. MJ didn't put on weight and bulk with weight lifting until he was 27 in 1990.

I know the obvious that Bron is bigger, and heavier. The way people talk about his size however is exaggerated. Mainly because unlike a lot of NBA players, LeBron has thicker lower legs than most, giving him the appearance of being a lot heavier than he actually is ... I'm not even a believer that he plays at 260 + which a lot of people say he does ... I actually think he's in the 250 - 260 range.

russwest0
08-16-2013, 02:22 PM
For people who blindly accept LeBrons word on what his 40 time is without any evidence (this includes the LBJ dickriders at ESPN)

http://i.qkme.me/3t0j14.jpg

Marchesk
08-16-2013, 03:14 PM

And would still get schooled 1 on 1 by Jordan. Or Kobe. Or Melo.

Ca$H
08-16-2013, 04:07 PM
He's closer to 60 than 30..

Lebron was 200+ when he was like 15..240 entering the league.. And easily has 20+lbs on that now.

So Clowney is 6-6 275(15 more pounds than LeBron) and ran a 4.46 which makes LeBron's 4.6 look like crap.

Heavincent
08-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Clowney is one of the best athletes in the world right now and he's still in college. Unreal.

RedBlackAttack
08-16-2013, 04:36 PM
So Clowney is 6-6 275(15 more pounds than LeBron) and ran a 4.46 which makes LeBron's 4.6 look like crap.
Did anyone even witness James running the 40? Why is this being discussed as though it is verified? What a dumb conversation.

CavaliersFTW
08-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Did anyone even witness James running the 40? Why is this being discussed as though it is verified? What a dumb conversation.
Does it not seem plausible to you? Lebron is really fast. I don't know whether it is true or not that he had his 40 timed because as you point out it is only him who has come forward to claim it was timed but at the same time, it doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

RedBlackAttack
08-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Does it not seem plausible to you? Lebron is really fast. I don't know whether it is true or not that he had his 40 timed because as you point out it is only him who has come forward to claim it was timed but at the same time, it doesn't seem unreasonable to me.
It seems completely plausible, but that's not the point. For football players, 40 times are precise down to thousandths of a second. Anyone who even tries to bring up a hand timed run which was witnessed by a group of unbiased viewers is immediately deemed worthless. This news story doesn't even have that going for it. It is a guy claiming a 40 time. What were the circumstances? Was it timed electronically or by hand? Who timed it?

You just cannot compare this claimed 40 time with those of professional football players who have run it with electronic timers and aired on national television for everyone to see. I would guess James would be in the 4.7 range with 4.6 certainly possible. It isn't about discounting his amazing athleticism, but this just isn't how we deduce a guy's 40 time... by taking his word for it.

If it isn't confirmed in a controlled setting with electronic timers and witnessed by other people, it means nothing.

LongLiveTheKing
08-16-2013, 07:20 PM
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/aug/02/sports/la-sp-sn-lebron-james-was-recruited-by-ohio-state-football-coach-urban-meyer-20120802
When Lebron was a sophomore he got offered, dumbass.
Waiting for Kendall to reply to this. :confusedshrug: