PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities who have done the most with the LEAST amount of talent

Tarik One
08-16-2013, 12:55 AM
Jennifer Lopez

Lisa Raye

Shawn Wayans *Awaits L. Kizzle's defensive rant*

TheReal Kendall
08-16-2013, 12:56 AM
Jennifer Lopez

Lisa Raye

They all decent actors.

Shawn writes and directs stuff.

So all are talented people.

christian1923
08-16-2013, 12:58 AM
It has to be Kim K.

TheReal Kendall
08-16-2013, 12:59 AM
It has to be Kim K.

This.

Her sextape sucked and it was boring.

red1
08-16-2013, 01:01 AM
It has to be Kim K.
was just thinking her

KNOW1EDGE
08-16-2013, 01:03 AM
Kim K.

2 Chainz

All the Wayans bros (besides Damon)

Gary Busey

Tyler Perry

christian1923
08-16-2013, 01:08 AM
Kim K.

2 Chainz

All the Wayans bros (besides Damon)

Gary Busey

Tyler Perry
Did you know Tyler perry is worth 400 million :eek:

DonDadda59
08-16-2013, 01:08 AM
It has to be Kim K.

Doesn't really count since she was born rich. Her father was part of OJ's dream team. This dude started at the bottom, born in Lebanon to a heroin dealer father who spent most of his childhood behind bars and abandoned the family when he was 13, and a mother who was a costume designer who moved him all over the world after remarrying 3x. With sheer determination and absolutely nothing even remotely resembling talent (and battling dyslexia), the man reached the pinnacle of Hollywood. :bowdown:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/images.hitfix.com/assets/2059/keanu2.gif

Budadiiii
08-16-2013, 01:10 AM
Doesn't really count since she was born rich. Her father was part of OJ's dream team. This dude started at the bottom, born in Lebanon to a heroin dealer father who spent most of his childhood behind bars and abandoned the family when he was 13, and a mother who was a costume designer who moved him all over the world after remarrying 3x. With sheer determination and absolutely nothing even remotely resembling talent (and battling dyslexia), the man reached the pinnacle of Hollywood. :bowdown:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/images.hitfix.com/assets/2059/keanu2.gif
Title of the thread: Celebrities who have done the most with the LEAST amount of talent

Kim fits the description regardless of what her father overcame.

miller-time
08-16-2013, 01:12 AM
When you say done the most, do you mean the most famous or successful? Or do you mean by actual achievements?

In terms of just getting fame and money for doing little it'd be Kim K

In terms of actually achieving things with little talent I'd say Dane Cook. The guy is a terrible comedian but he managed to get pretty far with his act. And he wasn't a bad actor in Mr Brooks (where he plays a slimy blackmailing photographer).

KNOW1EDGE
08-16-2013, 01:14 AM
Did you know Tyler perry is worth 400 million :eek:

do you?

isn't that the point?

he has done the most(400 million)with the LEAST amount of talent(he makes terrible movies and is overall not entertaining whatsoever)

DonDadda59
08-16-2013, 01:15 AM
Title of the thread: Celebrities who have done the most with the LEAST amount of talent

Kim fits the description regardless of what her father overcame.

What the hell has she done though? She made a sex tape with Ray J and then her mom created a ton of reality tv shows for her and Kim's siblings. Has Kim ever starred in a string of $100 million+ grossing films? Ever went platinum in her singing career?

She's just a girl born to a filthy rich family who made a sex tape, did some shit reality tv shows for her mom, and married another rich dude.

BurningHammer
08-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Paris Hilton.

christian1923
08-16-2013, 01:16 AM
do you?

isn't that the point?

he has done the most(400 million)with the LEAST amount of talent(he makes terrible movies and is overall not entertaining whatsoever)
I was just saying cause I think it's crazy, I wasn't trying to make any points lol

But he may not have most talent but he is smart as hell

Budadiiii
08-16-2013, 01:18 AM
do you?

isn't that the point?

I think he is in agreement with you. Just simply amazed that Perry is worth 400 mil. Your hate for people blinds you from the intended context

KNOW1EDGE
08-16-2013, 01:21 AM
I was just saying cause I think it's crazy, I wasn't trying to make any points lol

But he may not have most talent but he is smart as hell

lol. my bad. im used to people being really stupid on this forum, you are not one of those people, so I apologize.

And, no, I didn't know, nor would I have EVER guessed he was worth that much. Props to him :cheers: and props to ANYONE who makes a name for themselves and gets money.

He is very smart. I mean, most famous people, especially musicians & comedians are more smart business people than they are talented at their craft.

miller-time
08-16-2013, 01:26 AM

Or the new generation of Wayans. If they weren't related they would probably be limited to posting on vine and putting on variety shows in their living rooms.

Budadiiii
08-16-2013, 01:28 AM
What the hell has she done though? She made a sex tape with Ray J and then her mom created a ton of reality tv shows for her and Kim's siblings. Has Kim ever starred in a string of $100 million+ grossing films? Ever went platinum in her singing career?

She's just a girl born to a filthy rich family who made a sex tape, did some shit reality tv shows for her mom, and married another rich dude.
Well accomplishments are relative so i'm not sure what point you're trying to prove. I see the bitch on magazines and on ads promoting her brands. She's undoubtedly one of the most famous people on the planet. I guess we interpreted the question differently..

Pitbull has done quite a bit and doesn't have any apparent "talents" ... so I guess he's a good candidate, also Diddy, Birdman, guys like that.

fiddy
08-16-2013, 01:30 AM
Bieber

Tarik One
08-16-2013, 01:36 AM
lol. my bad. im used to people being really stupid on this forum, you are not one of those people, so I apologize.

And, no, I didn't know, nor would I have EVER guessed he was worth that much. Props to him :cheers: and props to ANYONE who makes a name for themselves and gets money.

He is very smart. I mean, most famous people, especially musicians & comedians are more smart business people than they are talented at their craft.
Yep. He targets a market (churchgoers, single women, middle-aged black women) who at the point that they look forward to whatever product he puts out. TP will never be in a position where he has to challenge himself because of that. He'll just keep producing the same banal stuff over and over again.

Kinda like a one-dimensional NBA player who refuses to improve on other parts of his game

christian1923
08-16-2013, 01:44 AM
Yep. He targets a market (churchgoers, single women, middle-aged black women) who at the point that they look forward to whatever product he puts out. TP will never be in a position where he has to challenge himself because of that. He'll just keep producing the same banal stuff over and over again.

Kinda like a one-dimensional NBA player who refuses to improve on other parts of his game
And he barely pays any money to make his films. Cause actors work with him for cheaper and he owns his own land and studios

And i heard from one of my professors that other directors actually pay him to use his land and studio, so he makes money off that as well.

East_Stone_Ya
08-16-2013, 03:05 AM
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/wennpic/jwoww-snooki-filming-reality-show-01.jpg

gigantes
08-16-2013, 03:15 AM
there are so many 'celebrities' these days that i wouldn't even know where to begin... not that i even know a fraction of their names. to do that i'd need to pay attention to them, and that ain't happening anytime soon.

celebrities seem to come in endless waves, now... crashing against the shore of public consciousness... borne by the flatulent winds of reality shows, forgettable songs, vapid TV, criminal incidents, youtube, you name it.

what a godamn glorious age we live in. :rockon:

MavsSuperFan
08-16-2013, 03:18 AM
Kim kardashian is incredibly talented at self promotion. There are millions of girls who have sex on tape. She managed to turn that into multiple television shows for her and her family. She has a clothing line, and perfume and probably other shit too.

She managed to get people to pay her $17 million just to watch her get married.

MavsSuperFan
08-16-2013, 03:22 AM

She gets good ratings. I am not a fan of her at all, but networks aint paying me $17 million to watch me get married. She is doing something right. Could you get as good ratings as she does? If the answer is no then she has at least one talent that we dont.

Guys on jersey shore are also talented in this manner. Success = talent. Anyone who says differently just doesnt appreciate that form of talent and/or is a hater. Heard by the end they were making millions per episode.

Eg. I am not the biggest fan of rap. But Little wayne is super rich. he has talent.

Edit: the one exception to rich people being talented is inheritance and winning the lottery. in all other circumstances rich people have some form of talent.

MavsSuperFan
08-16-2013, 03:27 AM

It works for him. asking him to try something new is like asking shaq to start shooting 3s. Sometimes trying something different is the stupidest thing you can do. Man knows his audience. delivers what his audience wants. Audience is satisfied. He makes money and has his audience anticipating his next project.

He would be stupid to try something new.

PickernRoller
08-16-2013, 03:35 AM
Ryan Reynolds. Every film this bum does is a flop. Producers still giving him leading roles for some reason.

AintNoSunshine
08-16-2013, 03:40 AM
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/wennpic/jwoww-snooki-filming-reality-show-01.jpg
got damm that's two disgusting human beings

blablabla
08-16-2013, 08:11 AM
kesha,pitbull

chips93
08-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Or the new generation of Wayans. If they weren't related they would probably be limited to posting on vine and putting on variety shows in their living rooms.

damon wayans junior is a hilarious actor in his own right. ive never been much of a wayans fan, but damon junior is one of my favorite comedic actors on tv today.

FiveRings
08-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Jay Z. His talent is theft. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybEZF4Vbe3A

Kim K sucks dick better than Jay Z raps.

blazerjimmy
08-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Kardashians.....that Honey BooBoo kid and her trailer trash family.....Tori Spelling......anyone on that freaking Jersey Shores show

Lebron23
08-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Channing Tatum and Soujaboy

rezznor
08-16-2013, 12:00 PM
anyone that got famous from a "reality" show

DeuceWallaces
08-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Gary Busey

:no:

MavsSuperFan
08-16-2013, 12:55 PM
anyone that got famous from a "reality" show
If they got rich afterwards they are talented in some form or another.

Earning money = talent

longhornfan1234
08-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Obama. How did a community organizer become a president? :roll: :roll:

HardwoodLegend
08-16-2013, 01:00 PM

I hope you're not including Marlon Wayans. Did you not see his performances in 'Requiem for a Dream' and 'Above the Rim'? Dude clearly has both dramatic and comedic talent when it comes to acting. He and his brother have sold themselves short by writing so much of their own material. If he just focused on acting in roles other people write, his resume would be quite solid.

miller-time
08-16-2013, 01:07 PM
I hope you're not including Marlon Wayans. Did you not see his performances in 'Requiem for a Dream' and 'Above the Rim'? Dude clearly has both dramatic and comedic talent when it comes to acting. He and his brother have sold themselves short by writing so much of their own material. If he just focused on acting in roles other people write, his resume would be quite solid.

No, I mean this ones born in the 80s. The next generation of moderately talented people that would be nowhere without connections.

longhornfan1234
08-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Channing Tatum
Obama
Kim K
Paris Hilton

Lil B

HardwoodLegend
08-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Obama

Wrong answer. Try again.

You may feel he's lacking other things, but talent ain't it. He's been coasting by on raw talent like my main man T-Mac, who would be in the opposite thread of this (Celebrities who have done the least with the MOST amount of talent).

bagelred
08-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Kevin James - not funny in the slightest

M.Night Shamaladingdong - makes one mediocre movie in Sixth Sense....gets to make 10 awful movies in a row.

James Franco - clueless as to what people see in him.

HardwoodLegend
08-16-2013, 01:49 PM
No, I mean this ones born in the 80s. The next generation of moderately talented people that would be nowhere without connections.

Oh, I am not even aware of any of them besides Damon Jr. who is pretty funny.

riseagainst
08-16-2013, 01:53 PM
Kim K has some skills. Giving head takes some skills. From her video, she looked like he knew how to give a good one to some degree.

longhornfan1234
08-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Wrong answer. Try again.

You may feel he's lacking other things, but talent ain't it. He's been coasting by on raw talent like my main man T-Mac, who would be in the opposite thread of this (Celebrities who have done the least with the MOST amount of talent).

It takes a lot of talent to be a community organizer:roll: :roll: .

gigantes
08-16-2013, 02:04 PM
good question. how did a redneck dipshit jesus freak become president before him?

oh yea... by appealing to the massive numbers of rednecks, dipshits and jesus freaks in the voter base. whereas the community organiser voter base is not a very large one. good question, longhorn fan 1234.

HardwoodLegend
08-16-2013, 02:10 PM

So, you're saying it's not possible for someone in any given occupation to have the talent to be doing something else?

It may not take talent to be a community organizer, but it would take quite a bit of talent for a community organizer to become president.

You're looking at it all wrong and with short-sightedness.

Goldrush25
08-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Jessica Alba. Though I haven't seen her in anything lately so I guess Hollywood finally got hip to her game.

Still stunningly beautiful though.

ace23
08-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Lil B

It depends on how much talent and how much "doing" though. You can't ask a question with two extremes like that.

rezznor
08-16-2013, 03:35 PM
If they got rich afterwards they are talented in some form or another.

Earning money = talent
that didn't take talent, that took a decent manager as well as america's stupid fascination with pseudo celebrities.

longhornfan1234
08-16-2013, 04:30 PM
good question. how did a redneck dipshit jesus freak become president before him?

oh yea... by appealing to the massive numbers of rednecks, dipshits and jesus freaks in the voter base. whereas the community organiser voter base is not a very large one. good question, longhorn fan 1234.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bush was a National guard, graduated from Yale, ran an oil business, and he invested $600,000 to gain a very small share of the Rangers then convinced the citizens of Arlington, TX to invest in a new Stadium for the team. After the Stadium was built Bush and his co investors sold the team netting Bush a 15+ million dollar profit. He was a successful businessman. Barry was a COMMUNITY ORGANIZER. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

longhornfan1234
08-16-2013, 04:32 PM
So, you're saying it's not possible for someone in any given occupation to have the talent to be doing something else?

It may not take talent to be a community organizer, but it would take quite a bit of talent for a community organizer to become president.

You're looking at it all wrong and with short-sightedness.

Obama had some very talented speech writers, and lib media was behind him. They all wanted to see the first black president.

DonDadda59
08-16-2013, 04:39 PM
Obama

Guy is one of, if not the, greatest political orators of his time.

longhornfan1234
08-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Guy is one of, if not the, greatest political orators of his time.

Don't disrespect Bubba, Reagan, FDR, Abe, and JFK like that. Obama is great reading of a teleprompter. Obama has the best speech writers.

DeuceWallaces
08-16-2013, 04:52 PM

Bush was a National guard, graduated from Yale, ran an oil business, and he invested $600,000 to gain a very small share of the Rangers then convinced the citizens of Arlington, TX to invest in a new Stadium for the team. After the Stadium was built Bush and his co investors sold the team netting Bush a 15+ million dollar profit. He was a successful businessman. Barry was a COMMUNITY ORGANIZER. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I highly doubt you were old enough to vote for Bush yet alone understand the political climate under which he was elected.

DonDadda59
08-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Don't disrespect Bubba, Reagan, FDR, Abe, and JFK like that. Obama is great reading of a teleprompter. Obama has the best speech writers.

How are FDR, Abraham Lincoln, and JFK or hell even Reagan considered Obama's contemporaries?

And great speech writers or not, the man knows how to deliver the material. Can you at least admit that?

Burgz V2
08-16-2013, 04:56 PM

-p.tiddy-
08-16-2013, 05:04 PM
Kim K is famous for being hot...if she counts then so does every "model" or nooky girl in the industry, Carmen Electra, Pam Anderson, Cindy Crawford, Victoria Secret Girls, etc etc

Kim K is probably smarter than most models too actually...much better business sense

Budadiiii
08-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Kim K, Paris Hilton, Tyler Perry
Can't forget the guy in your avatar

Scholar
08-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Kim kardashian is incredibly talented at self promotion. There are millions of girls who have sex on tape. She managed to turn that into multiple television shows for her and her family. She has a clothing line, and perfume and probably other shit too.

She managed to get people to pay her $17 million just to watch her get married.

Umm... She's the daughter of a famous lawyer; she had sex with another celebrity... Lmk if any other females fit this type of description with their sex tapes.

No need to get defensive for someone who doesn't even know you exist.

Anyway, my answer is Diddy. He's talentless. Prob a smart business man, but that's about it. He's not talented in the realm of entertainment. All he did was background vocals for Biggie. Then he had people write his songs for him. Dude I the epitome of "talentless celebrity who did the most with nothing."

KevinNYC
08-16-2013, 05:32 PM

You really need another drink besides Kool Aid.

I know you're just trolling, but you have to stop kidding yourself.

A. You act like that was his only job before politics.
B. Do you know that prior to working as a community organizer he worked in Finance? And thus gave up a more lucrative career path?
C. He's an extremely talented politician.
Who's the last Republican who as talented as Obama at politics? It's probably Reagan. W had it in certain contexts, but can you imagine him taking questions from the opposition like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5BE9_x7xTo#t=32m45s

-p.tiddy-
08-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Umm... She's the daughter of a famous lawyer; she had sex with another celebrity... Lmk if any other females fit this type of description with their sex tapes.

Anyway, my answer is Diddy. He's talentless. Prob a smart business man, but that's about it. He's not talented in the realm of entertainment. All he did was background vocals for Biggie. Then he had people write his songs for him. Dude I the epitome of "talentless celebrity who did the most with nothing."
Puff is a very talented and hard working business man...he doesn't belong anywhere near this thread

ace23
08-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Kim K, Paris Hilton, Tyler Perry
I'm not even a fan, but to include him on that list is just ignorant. :oldlol:

MavsSuperFan
08-16-2013, 07:13 PM

i am not even a fan the people mentioned in this thread.

Kardashians, bieber, jersey shore cast, terry perry, etc.

But all of these people are rich, and the majority of their money was earned by them.

All rich people (excluding inheritance and lottery winners) are talented in some way.

so far only paris hilton is untalented.

One of my biggest pet peeves is people who hate on rich people that they arent fans of. I had a girlfriend who insisted that professional athletes were untalented and it was just stupid people who subsidized them. She insisted football players were just fat guys (lineman) or guys who could run fast (skill positions), that baseball players were steroid users and that basketball players were tall. Meanwhile she worshiped fashion designers, who by the way imo just make the stupidest designs no one would ever wear and call it art, but they are talented proven by the fact that they can make money doing it.

Just because you arent a fan of something doesn't mean the people who do that activity are untalented/undeserving of their money.

Eg. I am not a fan of rap, but obviously they are talented, look at all the money they are making. I am not a fan of soccer, but look at all the money they are making.

Dude has a net worth of $12.4 million. Obviously he is extremely talented, stop hating. He wrote dreams of my father and the audacity of hope, both best sellers.

Also 2012 Popular vote 65,917,25
2008 popular vote 69,498,516

unquestionable talent stop hating.

that didn't take talent, that took a decent manager as well as america's stupid fascination with pseudo celebrities.

There are tons of reality stars (real world, road rules, etc) that dont make any money. The ability to be entertaining enough (to a large enough audience) to carry a show is a talent.

TheMan
08-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Ah, I see longhorn1234 is still very much butthurt over Obama being the the prez, stay salty mein freund:oldlol:

My list

Larry the Cable Guy
Tim Allen
Adam Sandler
Dane Cook
Ryan Seacrest
Colin Cowherd
The Rock
The Hasselbeck hag in The View
Rosie O'Donnell
Rush Limbaugh
George W Bush
Chris Berman
Billy Ray Cirus' kid

There are a bunch more.

rezznor
08-16-2013, 07:45 PM
i am not even a fan the people mentioned in this thread.

Kardashians, bieber, jersey shore cast, terry perry, etc.

But all of these people are rich, and the majority of their money was earned by them.

All rich people (excluding inheritance and lottery winners) are talented in some way.

so far only paris hilton is untalented.

One of my biggest pet peeves is people who hate on rich people that they arent fans of. I had a girlfriend who insisted that professional athletes were untalented and it was just stupid people who subsidized them. She insisted football players were just fat guys (lineman) or guys who could run fast (skill positions), that baseball players were steroid users and that basketball players were tall. Meanwhile she worshiped fashion designers, who by the way imo just make the stupidest designs no one would ever wear and call it art, but they are talented proven by the fact that they can make money doing it.

Just because you arent a fan of something doesn't mean the people who do that activity are untalented/undeserving of their money.

Eg. I am not a fan of rap, but obviously they are talented, look at all the money they are making. I am not a fan of soccer, but look at all the money they are making.

Dude has a net worth of $12.4 million. Obviously he is extremely talented, stop hating. He wrote dreams of my father and the audacity of hope, both best sellers.

Also 2012 Popular vote 65,917,25
2008 popular vote 69,498,516

unquestionable talent stop hating.

There are tons of reality stars (real world, road rules, etc) that dont make any money. The ability to be entertaining enough (to a large enough audience) to carry a show is a talent.

you and I obviously have very different definitions for talent. acting like a jackass on tv isn't talent, sorry

Knicks101
08-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Miley Cyrus

greymatter
08-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Keanu Reeves, Arnold, John Wayne.

They all basically act(ed) as themselves.

hateraid
08-16-2013, 08:50 PM
It has to be the cast of New Jersey Shore.

gigantes
08-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Keanu Reeves, Arnold, John Wayne.

They all basically act(ed) as themselves.
hey, now... two of those three did fascinate audiences consistently. i mean, jack nicholson was fascinating even when his role was to scrape petrified dog crap off sidewalks. sheer force of personality, or at least a high percentage thereof.

when it's enough, it's enough. even your white matter is probably trying to tell you this, sir.

imdaman99
08-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Kim Kardashian easily. Her talent is her ass and even that's fake smh

L.Kizzle
08-16-2013, 10:43 PM
Why would you even say something like this?

Shawn has been in the game since the late 80s. He's has many talents.

Stand Up
Comic Actor
DJ
Writer
Producer
Director

Was the head writer of films like Don't Be a Menace, Scary Movie, White Chicks and the Wayans Bros TV Series.

rezznor
08-16-2013, 10:58 PM
Why would you even say something like this?

Shawn has been in the game since the late 80s. He's has many talents.

Stand Up
Comic Actor
DJ
Writer
Producer
Director

Was the head writer of films like Don't Be a Menace, Scary Movie, White Chicks and the Wayans Bros TV Series.

i wouldn't exactly be proud of those

L.Kizzle
08-16-2013, 10:59 PM
[/B]

i wouldn't exactly be proud of those
What's wrong with them?

gigantes
08-16-2013, 11:41 PM
if you're putting down the wayans clan as a whole then i would STRONGLY disagree with your logic.

IMO keenan and the gang pushed comedy forward by some dramatic leaps, especially when it came to comedic freedom of expression by black americans. at this point it's all pretty much taken for granted as basic rights, but when living color and "i'mma get you" came along, there had hardly been anything like that pushed across hollywood / TV by black people allowed to express some creativity. it was one of the pivots that changed the game IMO.

okay okay, the wayans may water themselves down to play it safe anymore, but if you don't recognise their basic ingenuity, balls, and strength of message as a whole, then... well... can't you check up on it sometime?

sheesh!
http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/amypiehoneybunch/default/donny-big-lebowski--large-msg-131430588214.jpg

rezznor
08-17-2013, 12:15 AM
What's wrong with them?
they weren't funny. corny.

L.Kizzle
08-17-2013, 09:43 AM
if you're putting down the wayans clan as a whole then i would STRONGLY disagree with your logic.

IMO keenan and the gang pushed comedy forward by some dramatic leaps, especially when it came to comedic freedom of expression by black americans. at this point it's all pretty much taken for granted as basic rights, but when living color and "i'mma get you" came along, there had hardly been anything like that pushed across hollywood / TV by black people allowed to express some creativity. it was one of the pivots that changed the game IMO.

okay okay, the wayans may water themselves down to play it safe anymore, but if you don't recognise their basic ingenuity, balls, and strength of message as a whole, then... well... can't you check up on it sometime?

sheesh!
http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/amypiehoneybunch/default/donny-big-lebowski--large-msg-131430588214.jpg
:applause:

Not only Keenen, but his buddy Robert Townsend were the leaders and in the forefront of the black comedy explosion that started in the mid-80s.

It began with Robert and Keenen's film "Hollywood Shuffle" about the struggles of a black man in Hollywood which goes right along with "I'm Gonna Get U Sucka!"

And then the precursor to In Living Color, "Robert Townsend's Partners in Crime" in which Robert and Keenen wrote the sketches for David Alan Grier and John Witherspoon and Damon, Paul Mooney, Sinbad, Tommy Davidson and Robin Harris performed stand up. This was 1987, years before In Living Color and to a extent, Def Comedy Jam.

Robert Townsend Partners in Crime: The Bold, The Black, The Beautiful (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv6Fukb5Cis)

Robert Townsend Partners in Crime: Tommy Davidson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTR2oYOmQKA)

KevinNYC
08-17-2013, 03:08 PM
It's always hard to tell what Longhorn believes for real and what is just to troll Democrats. But ever time, I underestimate the kookiness of modern Republican movement, something stupid like this. (http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2013/08/16/rnc-votes-block-cnn-nbc-from-hosting-debates/jDsLOr4WTEIl65VsdxQkFL/story.html)

I do think that Longhorn like to tell himself convenient fictions though like this list, most of which are not positives for Bush.
Bush was a National guard
True. During Vietnam. And he joined to avoid the draft. And he got in because his Dad was a powerful politician

graduated from Yale,
Also True. As had many of his forefathers all the way back to 1844. As had his grandfather, who not only was a US Senator from CT, the state where Yale is, he also was the head of Yale fundraising committee for 12 years. Also Bush went on to Havard Business school. However, if this counts it Bush's favor it should also count for Obama who graduated from Columbia and then Harvard Law.

ran an oil business,
True, an oilwhich he was able to start because he was well connected and investors wanted to get close to his politically powerful family and he ran the company very poorly (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbusto_Energy#Controversy)

and he invested $600,000 to gain a very small share of the Rangers then convinced the citizens of Arlington, TX to invest in a new Stadium for the team. After the Stadium was built Bush and his co investors sold the team netting Bush a 15+ million dollar profit.
Change invest to "pay for"
True, I think most folks could see this is not a positive even on its face, but for longhorn's sake I'll spell it out for him. Bush enriched himself at the taxpayer's expense and got to pretend he ran the Texas Rangers and thus position himself for political office. He got a big price despite his small investment because he was the son of the President of the United States at the time and the other businessmen were renting his name.

He was a successful businessman.
This is not true.

Barry was a COMMUNITY ORGANIZER. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
True.
Why you think this should be held against is the question? If you wanted to say he was positioning himself for running for political office, that would be true.
But why you would think offering literacy programs, job-training programs, college prep programs in poor neighborhoods is something so worthy of ridicule. The place he worked was set up by Catholic parishes in areas where several factories had just closed. That's right it was a faith-based organization. I seem to remember another politician making a big deal about them....what his name?
http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2008/06/images/20080626-20_p062608cg-0635jpg-384h.jpg

So what's so wrong with being a community organizer? Is it because it helps poor people? Is it because the poor people are black? How many threads does longhorn (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308406)make about problems in the black community? So why is Obama's early job trying to address some of these problems a bad thing?

Of course, after being a community organizer, Obama went to Harvard Law where we voted editor of the Havard Law review and then became it's president where he managed 80 editors, it's kind of a big deal.
He then wrote a well-regarded memoir and taught law at University of Chicago for 12 years and serve in the state senate of Illinois for 12 of them.

I've been called an Obama-lover on here, but that's not actually what motivates me.....I'm too old to feel that way towards any politician....I remember when Kurt Cobain died....I was too old and jaded for it to really mess me up, it made me laugh, because dying at 27 is such a rock star cliche.
What motivates me is tendentious or dishonest political arguments against Democrats....like Al Gore claimed he invented the internet. The only way Obama's background is :roll: is if you distort it. The right wing tried to claim that Obama couldn't have written his book, it's too good. It's only his speechwriters who make Obama good. It's ridiculous, Obama is an editor and a writer and a damn good one.

If you switched Bush's and Obama's careers, you know longhorn would be citing all the arguments, I made above.

It's also pretty hiliarious to not mention Bush's family when discussing why he became the president.