PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell: Blacklist

rhythmic
08-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Releases tomorrow, anyone getting it?
From the review it sounds like its a mixture between Conviction and Chaos Theory. So more emphasis on stealth then Conviction but still has some fun "bad ass" elements like Conviction had.

Looks pretty dope, apparently the storyline is really intriguing.

Heavincent
08-19-2013, 12:57 PM
I think I'll get it to hold me over until GTA 5.

$LakerGold
08-20-2013, 06:47 AM
Went to midnight release, & I just woke up like 2 hours ago ... i'm bout to play again. It's so F*cking good <3

nightprowler10
08-20-2013, 10:30 AM
I actually pre-ordered it ages ago when it was supposed to be out in March. Now it comes out when I just started school on top of working 50+ hours. Bastards. I still haven't finished Last of Us so I'm gonna get my money back on this.

MisterAmazing
08-22-2013, 12:30 AM
this is a fantastic game

rhythmic
08-23-2013, 03:24 PM
I've decided not to get it.
A month until GTA V comes out and I'm so busy these days with work & family life. I'm afraid I'll miss out on NBA 2K14 & FIFA 14 this year too because of GTA V. I'll still buy Battlefield 4 & Ghosts on PS4 and most likely Watch Dogs.

I think that's about all I'll be buying because of GTA V.
I've already decided not to buy Madden 25 either.

$LakerGold
08-23-2013, 03:35 PM
I've decided not to get it.
A month until GTA V comes out and I'm so busy these days with work & family life. I'm afraid I'll miss out on NBA 2K14 & FIFA 14 this year too because of GTA V. I'll still buy Battlefield 4 & Ghosts on PS4 and most likely Watch Dogs.

I think that's about all I'll be buying because of GTA V.
I've already decided not to buy Madden 25 either.
You should, it's really good ... & I don't get easily impressed ... this game is like a marine version of Hitman.

Heavincent
08-23-2013, 04:09 PM
This game is great :applause:

nightprowler10
08-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Is it closer to the earlier games like Chaos Theory or more along the lines of Conviction. As in, can I get through the game without killing dudes?

Heavincent
08-26-2013, 10:59 PM
Is it closer to the earlier games like Chaos Theory or more along the lines of Conviction. As in, can I get through the game without killing dudes?

Yeah you can go through most of the game without killing anybody. I'm actually doing a ghost playthrough right now on the hardest difficulty.

It's almost like Chaos Theory with Conviction controls/movement, although it is definitely a little more "Hollywood" than Chaos Theory. Trust me though, if you like the old Splinter Cells, you'll like this.

nightprowler10
08-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Yeah you can go through most of the game without killing anybody. I'm actually doing a ghost playthrough right now on the hardest difficulty.

It's almost like Chaos Theory with Conviction controls/movement, although it is definitely a little more "Hollywood" than Chaos Theory. Trust me though, if you like the old Splinter Cells, you'll like this.
Dammit, I don't have time for this ****. :( But yeah I'm a huge fan of the older games. Chaos Theory is one of my all time favs. Got the maps completely memorized except maybe the North Korea missions.

nightprowler10
10-04-2013, 06:10 PM
So I finally gave up and bought this game. I'm only still in Benghazi but I am impressed so far. I started the game on Realistic and am trying to play as a ghost (nothing lethal, not get detected) which apparently gets you better ratings. Very good so far and you really have to tread carefully in order to not keep reloading to the last checkpoint, which I did lots of on the roof tops!

I disliked Double Agent for the most part and never touched Conviction after the first playthrough, but I'm really liking this so far.

$LakerGold
10-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Look, you gotta utilize his items perfectly enable for you to fully enjoy the game. My friends are going rambo-style, & no wonder they told me they didn't really like it. Gotta have patience & imagination to enjoy this game.

That's all I got to say for that.

nightprowler10
10-05-2013, 08:58 PM
You're preaching to the choir bro! On to the Iraq mission now. I think I'm gonna like using the tri-rotor.

nightprowler10
10-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Just finished Tehran US embassy mission. Ohmygodsogood! :bowdown:

glidedrxlr22
10-21-2013, 03:17 PM
I just started playing this last night. So far so good.

nightprowler10
10-31-2013, 10:10 AM
Just finished the main storyline last night on realistic. Every mission was great and very well thought out. I was not a great fan of carrying guys to protection in 2 missions (can't crouch or anything) but I guess they wanted to challenge you. I'm really happy with the direction they took with this storyline too, I've always had a lower opinion of the games where they made Sam Fisher's life a major plot point of the story (Double Agent, Conviction). I think it works better with Sam as a cog in wheel, which is much more realistic. Unless I'm mistaken, in the first three games, the main villains etc have no idea who the hell Fisher is throughout the game. Majid knows who Sam is in this game but it works with the story.

Has anyone done the side missions at all? I started the Grimm side mission on the English channel which looks really good but got caught after finishing 2/3 objectives. I'm thinking I'll play that and sell the game, but I really don't want to sell it...

glidedrxlr22
11-08-2013, 01:46 PM
So far I'm having a blast playing Blacklist. The only other game I played in the series is Conviction. I had a lot of fun with Conviction, but Blacklist is better. You have less of a chance of surviving firefights in BL and you have to rely on stealth and gadgets more. I'm currently in the Mexico runway shootout section of the game.

Do you guys recommend going back and playing some of the older games in the series? I'm more of a Metal Gear type, but these Splinter Cell games have really grown on me.

nightprowler10
11-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Do you guys recommend going back and playing some of the older games in the series? I'm more of a Metal Gear type, but these Splinter Cell games have really grown on me.
The first three games of the series were all kinds of awesome, and Blacklist is a return to the older style of SC games with some newer elements mixed in, but the only one of the older games that probably wouldn't feel dated is Chaos Theory, which is still my favorite of the series. They came out with a remastered HD version for PS3 a couple of years ago for the original trilogy. It should be a pretty cheap pickup these days. If you have the time, play all three IMO.

The only one you'd be missing at that point is Double Agent, which is challenging but has a lot of annoying missions.