PDA

View Full Version : 2013 FIBA Africa Championship

Grinder
08-20-2013, 10:14 AM
This has been a fun tournament to watch the last few times and the level of play is higher than you'd expect. This edition is being hosted in Abidijan, Ivory Coast. Angola has traditionally been a powerhouse in the region but recently teams like Tunisia, Nigeria, and Ivory Coast have emerged as contenders. The top 3 teams qualify for the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup.

Some familiar names competing in this tournament:
Al-Farouq Aminu
Luc Mbah a Moute
Ike Diogu
Gani Lawal
Saer Sene
Hamady N'Diaye

Streams with English commentary can be found here- http://www.sportcategory.com/c-6.html
Draw and results - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_FIBA_Africa_Championship

Live boxscores and stats can be found here: http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/14/wcm/p/index.html

A big upset in the first game of the tournament - Mozambique, a squad made up almost entirely of players from their local league edged out a Central African Republic team with several players in the French league.

Grinder
08-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Egypt almost pulled off a great comeback from 17 down in the fourth but lost on a heartbreaking game winner from Senegal with 1.7 seconds left. Senegal wins 72-70. Two great games so far.

gabepizza
08-20-2013, 08:34 PM
Weird how no teams get eliminated in pool play. It's just all for placement. Weird tournament. At least one team should get eliminated in pool play!

Grinder
08-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Weird how no teams get eliminated in pool play. It's just all for placement. Weird tournament. At least one team should get eliminated in pool play!

Yeah, I don't understand why they go with that format. They should just include more teams. These games have been intriguing to watch. There's so much raw talent and athleticism out there. With a little refining and better fundamentals, a lot of these guys could be very good role players. Guard play has traditionally been a major weakness in African basketball but it's really improving. Scouting from France and Spain has been a big contributor since they're routinely finding talent in Africa and developing them.

The level of play in this tournament is certainly higher than the Asian championships. Those teams have better fundamentals but wouldn't be able to compete with this athleticism and defense. Iran is probably the only Asian team that would win this competition.

Cameroon has a lot of good past NCAA players - Alfred Aboya (UCLA), Alexis Wangmene (Texas), Brice Vounang (San Diego) and Mbah A Moute from the Bucks. Mbah A Moute has been atrocious in this first half - 0 points and multiple turnovers.

Cameroon leads Congo 33-26 at the half.

gabepizza
08-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Yeah, I don't understand why they go with that format. They should just include more teams. These games have been intriguing to watch. There's so much raw talent and athleticism out there. With a little refining and better fundamentals, a lot of these guys could be very good role players. Guard play has traditionally been a major weakness in African basketball but it's really improving. Scouting from France and Spain has been a big contributor since they're routinely finding talent in Africa and developing them.

The level of play in this tournament is certainly higher than the Asian championships. Those teams have better fundamentals but wouldn't be able to compete with this athleticism and defense. Iran is probably the only Asian team that would win this competition.

Cameroon has a lot of good past NCAA players - Alfred Aboya (UCLA), Alexis Wangmene (Texas), Brice Vounang (San Diego) and Mbah A Moute from the Bucks. Mbah A Moute has been atrocious in this first half - 0 points and multiple turnovers.

Since the retirement of Yao, Africa has surpassed Asia and is no longer the weakest zone. The Olympic qualifying tournament proved that with the Asian teams going 0-4 and losing all 4 of their games by an average of 32.5 points and the African teams going 4-4 with one team actually advancing to the Olympics and winning an elimination game (and against Greece at that)

Grinder
08-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Since the retirement of Yao, Africa has surpassed Asia and is no longer the weakest zone. The Olympic qualifying tournament proved that with the Asian teams going 0-4 and losing all 4 of their games by an average of 32.5 points and the African teams going 4-4 with one team actually advancing to the Olympics and winning an elimination game (and against Greece at that)

Agreed. Imagine how much better these African teams would be if they had proper funding and could afford to bring all their best players over for the national team.

From yesterday:

- Mali gave Nigeria a stern test through 3 quarters but the Nigerians pulled away and showed their class in the 4th. The Aminu brothers had several highlight reel dunks. Ike Diogu showed why he's the most important player for Nigeria.

- Morocco lost a heartbreaker to defending champions Tunisia. Makram Ben Romdhane (just signed in Spain with Murcia) got the offensive rebound of a Mejri free throw and scored the game winning layup with 1.7 seconds left.

Today:

- Cape Verde took down CAF. They have an intriguing NBA prospect on their team in 7'3" Walter Tavares who plays in Spain.

- The athleticism and length in this Senegal - Ivory Coast game is jaw dropping. The host nation looks quite strong and both of these teams are contenders to take it all.

The atmosphere and crowd at these games has been excellent. Packed crowds, fans playing drums and trumpets, visiting fans, etc.

Rooster
08-22-2013, 01:53 PM

Well Nigeria is made up of lower level American players who would never make the Team USA. I remember when they asked Aminu if he's ever been to Nigeria and he said no.:oldlol: They they asked him how could he represent a county he's never been to and he just play it cool like he wants to visit someday.:oldlol:

Grinder
08-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Well Nigeria is made up of lower level American players who would never make the Team USA. I remember when they asked Aminu if he's ever been to Nigeria and he said no.:oldlol: They they asked him how could he represent a county he's never been to and he just play it cool like he wants to visit someday.:oldlol:

10/12 members of the Nigerian team were born and raised in the USA. :oldlol:

Ben Uzoh, Ike Diogu, Al-Farouq Aminu, Gani Lawal, and Olumide Oyedeji have all played or play in the NBA.

I'd like to see NBA teams take a look at Alade Aminu. He could be a decent 4th or 5th big man.

gabepizza
08-22-2013, 11:00 PM
Agreed. Imagine how much better these African teams would be if they had proper funding and could afford to bring all their best players over for the national team.

From yesterday:

- Mali gave Nigeria a stern test through 3 quarters but the Nigerians pulled away and showed their class in the 4th. The Aminu brothers had several highlight reel dunks. Ike Diogu showed why he's the most important player for Nigeria.

- Morocco lost a heartbreaker to defending champions Tunisia. Makram Ben Romdhane (just signed in Spain with Murcia) got the offensive rebound of a Mejri free throw and scored the game winning layup with 1.7 seconds left.

Today:

- Cape Verde took down CAF. They have an intriguing NBA prospect on their team in 7'3" Walter Tavares who plays in Spain.

- The athleticism and length in this Senegal - Ivory Coast game is jaw dropping. The host nation looks quite strong and both of these teams are contenders to take it all.

The atmosphere and crowd at these games has been excellent. Packed crowds, fans playing drums and trumpets, visiting fans, etc.

Yeah and if top African players like Ibaka and Deng played for their country of birth instead of whoring themselves out to European teams.

Grinder
08-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Yeah and if top African players like Ibaka and Deng played for their country of birth instead of whoring themselves out to European teams.

True, although I can't blame Deng with the situation in Sudan.

- Mozambique gave Angola a tough test through 3 quarters before Angola's class shone through and they pulled away in the 4th. This has ben a common theme so far in Afrobasket.

- Ivory Coast absolutely dominated a tough Senegal by 28 points. The hosts are definitely contenders. Senegal regularly puts out a lineup with 3 guys over 6'10" but Ivory Coast were able to counter their length without too much trouble.

- Morocco had an easy win over Rwanda earlier. They have a better team than I remember and played Tunisia evenly right up to the buzzer a few nights ago.

- Makrem Ben Romdhane from Tunisia is a beast. He's an athletic 6'8-6'9" combo forward who can do it all on offense. He has good handles, tremendous offensive instincts, and is an excellent rebounder. He just signed with Murcia in the Spanish League and has NBA potential. He just wrapped up a 19 point first quarter.

Some highlights from the Olympics where he had an impressive game against team USA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPATwijtdJQ

Grinder
08-25-2013, 08:22 PM
The group stage concluded today some terrific games.

- Rwanda came within a few seconds of defeating defending champions Tunisia but ultimately fell short in 81-83 overtime loss.

- Senegal had a narrow win against Algeria.

- The host Ivorians continued their strong form with a 7 point win over Egypt.

- Angola survived a scare from the Central African Republic and prevailed 85-80

- The Congolese picked up their first win with a 10 point defeat of Mali

- Morocco continues to show why they're a dark horse for a medal with a 20 point win over debutants Burkina Faso

- In a battle between two of the top contenders, Nigeria came back from a late deficit to defeat Cameroon. Ike Diogu had a dominant performance with 25/15 but the real treat was the Luc Mbah a Moute vs. Al-Farouq Aminu matchup. Mbah a Moute had 18 points/3 rebounds while Aminu had 12 points/9 assists/3 rebounds

The draw for the knockout stage is as follows:

Ivory Coast
Burkina Faso

Cameroon
Mozambique

Angola
Mali

Morocco
Algeria

Tunisia
Egypt

Cape Verde
Congo

Nigeria
Central African Republic

Senegal
Rwanda

My predictions:

Ivory Coast
Cameroon

Morocco
Angola

Tunisia
Congo

Nigeria
Senegal

red1
08-25-2013, 08:33 PM
10/12 members of the Nigerian team were born and raised in the USA. :oldlol:

Ben Uzoh, Ike Diogu, Al-Farouq Aminu, Gani Lawal, and Olumide Oyedeji have all played or play in the NBA.

I'd like to see NBA teams take a look at Alade Aminu. He could be a decent 4th or 5th big man.
That is nuts. Guess people don't play basketball in Nigeria. Even Hakeem didn't really start playing until a relatively late age.

Great thread future repped

andremiller07
08-25-2013, 09:10 PM
The level of play in this tournament is certainly higher than the Asian championships.
In general from what I have seen there is a major shortage in talent from Asian countries despite the popularity of basketball being fairly big in them. The players in the Asian leagues stand zero chance against Australian/NZ club teams let alone a higher standard of Europe or NBA and they have very few prospects that ever play at the highest level (I can't even think of 1 Asian who played in the Euroleague) so it really should come as no surprise that African countries have easily overtaken them despite a complete lack of resources the athleticism, potential and natural talent is far greater in Africa.

Grinder
08-26-2013, 10:16 AM
That is nuts. Guess people don't play basketball in Nigeria. Even Hakeem didn't really start playing until a relatively late age.

Great thread future repped

Nigeria has a well funded (by African standards) domestic league but the skill level is probably low. The thing with Nigeria is that there's so many Nigerian-Americans that are good NCAA players and want to represent Nigeria that it makes it nearly impossible for domestic Nigerians to crack the team. I suspect this will only get tougher with guys like Festus Ezeli, Victor Oladipo, and Trevor Mbakwe vying for spots.

In general from what I have seen there is a major shortage in talent from Asian countries despite the popularity of basketball being fairly big in them. The players in the Asian leagues stand zero chance against Australian/NZ club teams let alone a higher standard of Europe or NBA and they have very few prospects that ever play at the highest level (I can't even think of 1 Asian who played in the Euroleague) so it really should come as no surprise that African countries have easily overtaken them despite a complete lack of resources the athleticism, potential and natural talent is far greater in Africa.

One of the problems with Asian basketball is that despite it's immense popularity and participation, they focus too much on perimeter/guard skills for players of all positions. The players generally have good fundamentals yet their decision making and ability to play against athleticism/length is lacking.

Iran has become the new powerhouse in Asia and is the only team that looks remotely capable of competing with the good African teams or average Latin American teams. If you watch the FIBA Americas which starts in a few days, you'll see how much better countries like Venezuela, Uruguay, and Dominican Republic are than the top Asian teams. Heck, China has had a ton of trouble against some of the lowest level European teams like Iceland in recent years (only beat them by 10 a couple years ago).

Grinder
08-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Algeria just got eliminated from the tournament with a tough loss. They lead by 7 points with a little over a minute left but Morocco pulled off a gutsy comeback to advance with an 86-81 overtime win. Great game between two of the up and coming teams in the region. Morocco advances to the QF.

millwad
08-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Nigeria has a well funded (by African standards) domestic league but the skill level is probably low. The thing with Nigeria is that there's so many Nigerian-Americans that are good NCAA players and want to represent Nigeria that it makes it nearly impossible for domestic Nigerians to crack the team. I suspect this will only get tougher with guys like Festus Ezeli, Victor Oladipo, and Trevor Mbakwe vying for spots.

First of all, thanks for a great thread Grinder and thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Yeah, since so many Nigerians live abroad it's not a surprise that we see so many athletes in different sports with Nigerians origins. And Nigerians tend to have great physique. Nigeria is going to be a fun team to watch in the future and I like that Aminu is showing the way by actually being a young starter in the NBA while playing for the NT as well.

One of the problems with Asian basketball is that despite it's immense popularity and participation, they focus too much on perimeter/guard skills for players of all positions. The players generally have good fundamentals yet their decision making and ability to play against athleticism/length is lacking.

True, I've watched a couple of Asian championships and I totally agree. The biggest problem is the the lack of length, a "scrub" Hadadi, by NBA standards, is completely destroying the competition due the lack of tall and skilled players.

Iran has become the new powerhouse in Asia and is the only team that looks remotely capable of competing with the good African teams or average Latin American teams. If you watch the FIBA Americas which starts in a few days, you'll see how much better countries like Venezuela, Uruguay, and Dominican Republic are than the top Asian teams. Heck, China has had a ton of trouble against some of the lowest level European teams like Iceland in recent years (only beat them by 10 a couple years ago).

Iran seem to be doing pretty fine, their young prodigy Kazemi just got drafted but they sure would have a really tough time against lower quality teams in Europe and against teams in South America.

In Sweden we now have 2 NBA players that play for the NT but still we get destroyed by the powerhouses in Europe.

andremiller07
08-26-2013, 07:29 PM
First of all, thanks for a great thread Grinder and thanks for sharing your knowledge.
+ 1

Grinder
08-27-2013, 09:32 AM

Yeah, since so many Nigerians live abroad it's not a surprise that we see so many athletes in different sports with Nigerians origins. And Nigerians tend to have great physique. Nigeria is going to be a fun team to watch in the future and I like that Aminu is showing the way by actually being a young starter in the NBA while playing for the NT as well.

True, I've watched a couple of Asian championships and I totally agree. The biggest problem is the the lack of length, a "scrub" Hadadi, by NBA standards, is completely destroying the competition due the lack of tall and skilled players.

Iran seem to be doing pretty fine, their young prodigy Kazemi just got drafted but they sure would have a really tough time against lower quality teams in Europe and against teams in South America.

In Sweden we now have 2 NBA players that play for the NT but still we get destroyed by the powerhouses in Europe.

The one nice thing is that even though they were born and raised in the US, they seem to take pride in representing their parents' country and wearing the national team jersey. In international basketball, I think think that's half the battle.

Haddadi is an interesting case for sure - he clearly has talent and can dominate weaker competition but he's so awkward in his movements and his game is so unrefined that he looks worse than he is. :oldlol:

Swedish basketball is definitely on the upswing. You guys lost most of your preparation games for Eurobasket but it seems like you're developing better prospects every year. Obviously Jerebko and Taylor are the best players but there's two young guys from Barcelona - Marcus Eriksson and Ludvig Hakanson - who are two of the best young players in Europe.

Thanks guys. :cheers:

Grinder
08-27-2013, 10:33 AM
We have the first major upset of the tournament. After going undefeated in pool play, the defending champions Tunisia are eliminated by the Egyptians. :eek:

This is a crushing loss for the Tunisians but the reaction of the Egyptians was euphoric. Egypt played a heck of a game and really pounded the paint to come up with a 10 points victory. 6'9"; 250 lb. big man Assem Marei has been Egypt's best player in the tournament. He's got a soft touch and is fairly athletic for a guy his size. The north African teams along with Angola have been the most fundamentally sound in the tournament.

andremiller07
08-27-2013, 10:35 AM
We have the first major upset of the tournament. After going undefeated in pool play, the defending champions Tunisia are eliminated by the Egyptians. :eek:

Egypt played a heck of a game and really pounded the paint to come up with a 10 points victory. 6'9"; 250 lb. big man Assem Marei has been Egypt's best player in the tournament. He's got a soft touch and is fairly athletic for a guy his size. The north African teams have been the most fundamentally sound in the tournament.
Hey grinder is there anywhere these are being streamed? Or a place where I can d/l the games? How are you watching them exactly? I'm real thirsty for some fresh basketball to watch.

Grinder
08-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Hey grinder is there anywhere these are being streamed? Or a place where I can d/l the games? How are you watching them exactly? I'm real thirsty for some fresh basketball to watch.

Hey man, I posted a live stream link in the first post of the thread. All the games have English commentary. The next game starts in 20 minutes (Congo vs. Cape Verde). If you're interested in possible NBA prospects, look out for 7'3" Walter Tavares from Cape Verde. 6'9" pogo stick Karl Niamamoukoko is the best prospect from Congo. Both guys play in Spain.

andremiller07
08-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Hey man, I posted a live stream link in the first post of the thread. All the games have English commentary. The next game starts in 20 minutes (Congo vs. Cape Verde). If you're interested in possible NBA prospects, look out for 7'3" Walter Tavares from Cape Verde. 6'9" pogo stick Karl Niamamoukoko is the best prospect from Congo. Both guys play in Spain.
Big thanks for that I always enjoy watching decent bball with players I don't know (e.g Summer League) will be watching out for those guys cheers again. The way I look at it there is a surplus of talent in the world of basketball so it's always interesting to see guy's you probably would have never seen and just enjoy the game for what it is.

Grinder
08-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Big thanks for that I always enjoy watching decent bball with players I don't know (e.g Summer League) will be watching out for those guys cheers again. The way I look at it there is a surplus of talent in the world of basketball so it's always interesting to see guy's you probably would have never seen and just enjoy the game for what it is.
No problem! Absolutely, basketball has truly become a global game these days. Each edition of this tournament has seen the quality of the play improve leaps and bounds. There's still a ways to go but the recruiting of European teams and Basketball Without Borders has done a great deal for basketball on the continent.

- Cape Verde pulled off a comeback from 15+ down in the third quarter to eliminate Congo. The Congolese looked devastated after letting a golden opportunity to make the semis slip away (winner plays Egypt).

- The Nigerians dominated the CAF with a dazzling display of athleticism. Their one glaring weakness is their 3 point shooting but when they're knocking down outside shots like they were today, they're the class of the tournament.

- Senegal put Rwanda away with an impressive display from Swiss-Senegalese youngster Pape Badji. (20 points/8 rebounds on just 9 shots). If Senegal can qualify for the World Cup, look for them to bring a much stronger team with more NBA and Europe-based players.

The draw:
http://www.afrobasket.com/African-Championships/Photos/p-off13.gif

gabepizza
08-27-2013, 08:52 PM

This is a crushing loss for the Tunisians but the reaction of the Egyptians was euphoric. Egypt played a heck of a game and really pounded the paint to come up with a 10 points victory. 6'9"; 250 lb. big man Assem Marei has been Egypt's best player in the tournament. He's got a soft touch and is fairly athletic for a guy his size. The north African teams along with Angola have been the most fundamentally sound in the tournament.

Wow what a victory for the Egyptians with what has been going on in their country. Hopefully this will give them something to be happy for. :D

Egypt!

andremiller07
08-28-2013, 11:21 AM
I like the look of Coronel(the SG) from Cape Verde has a good nose for the ball and a high motor (probably not a NBA prospect) with decent skills topped with good athletic ability. He's just what I would classify as a pure basketball player.

Grinder
08-28-2013, 01:48 PM
I like the look of Coronel(the SG) from Cape Verde has a good nose for the ball and a high motor (probably not a NBA prospect) with decent skills topped with good athletic ability. He's just what I would classify as a pure basketball player.

Yeah, he's a smooth looking player. He'll play in the NCAA for Maine this fall.

That was a tough loss for Cape Verde as they missed a game winner at the buzzer but you've got to be happy for the Egyptians with all the turmoil going on back home. They're turning out to be the story of the tournament.

The ongoing game between Cameroon and Ivory Coast should be a good one.

gabepizza
08-28-2013, 09:48 PM
Wow! We know the African zone is getting stronger when the 1st place and 3rd place teams from the 2011 African championship (including the team that beat Lithuania and eliminated Greece in last year's Olympic qualifying event) don't even make the semi-finals.

On the negative side these upsets will make it harder for an African teams to win games in the World Cup next year but I guess it's good that more African teams will get the experience of playing against top teams. I see African really improving in the next few year. Last year was the first time an African team won a bracket game ever, can next year be the first time they do it in the WC. In 2006 Nigeria lost to Dirk and Germany by only point in the round of 16.

gabepizza
08-28-2013, 10:40 PM
Anyway I guess winning an elimination game against Senegal is a lot more difficult than winning one against Greece.

:rockon:

Grinder
08-29-2013, 12:14 AM
Wow! We know the African zone is getting stronger when the 1st place and 3rd place teams from the 2011 African championship (including the team that beat Lithuania and eliminated Greece in last year's Olympic qualifying event) don't even make the semi-finals.

On the negative side these upsets will make it harder for an African teams to win games in the World Cup next year but I guess it's good that more African teams will get the experience of playing against top teams. I see African really improving in the next few year. Last year was the first time an African team won a bracket game ever, can next year be the first time they do it in the WC. In 2006 Nigeria lost to Dirk and Germany by only point in the round of 16.

Stunning upset from Senegal over the loaded Nigerian squad! :eek:

Man, Saer Sene might be the worst offensive player I've ever seen but his ridiculous length allows him to impact the game so much defensively. If that guy had any semblance of basketball IQ, he'd still be in the NBA.

The field is wide open now, I'd say Angola and the Ivorians are the favorites. Egypt is the feel good story of the tourney.

http://www.afrobasket.com/African-Championships/Photos/p-off13.gif

Grinder
08-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Highlights from the quarterfinal games:

Egypt - Cape Verde:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Cm9XbciYLPw

Ivory Coast - Cameroon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oDpXaqXAm-s

Angola - Morocco:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WERRH0A14DY

Nigeria - Senegal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tlHssCUh9Lw

Grinder
08-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Both semifinals will be played today. Senegal-Egypt at 12:00 and Ivory Coast-Angola at 2:30 EST. Link to streams is in the first post.

The winner of each match clinches a spot in the FIBA World Cup next year while the losers get one more shot in a 3rd place match.

Grinder
08-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Man, the atmosphere even from the first round at this tournament is 10x better than the first game of the FIBA Americas. The Senegalese fans rushed the court after their upset of Nigeria. :lol

Egypt leads 20-15 after 1.

Grinder
08-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Egypt makes the finals and qualifies for the FIBA World Cup with a great upset over Senegal! They won 70-63 after going winless in the group stages.

Their best player, Marei, plays D2 basketball in the US but he should be playing for at least a good mid-major school.

What an awesome story for Egyptians with all the turmoil going on back home. :applause:

gabepizza
08-30-2013, 02:00 PM
Egypt!!!

:banana: :cheers:

Grinder
08-31-2013, 02:00 AM
Egypt-Angola final tomorrow at 2:30 EST and the 3rd place game with a world cup spot on the line at 12:00 EST with Ivory Coast-Senegal.

Both should be great games!

bdreason
08-31-2013, 02:01 AM
I think we can all agree on one thing.

V-Span won't be watching.

Grinder
08-31-2013, 05:13 PM
Angola defeats Egypt and reclaims its title as kings of African basketball! Egypt should be very proud of their result in this tournament.

Senegal beat the Ivorians for the third world cup spot in heartbreaking fashion with a 4 point play to win the game.

Props to the Ivorians for hosting an excellent tournament with a great atmosphere.

gabepizza
09-01-2013, 10:39 AM
All tournament team

Souleymane Diabate (pg)- The Ivory Coast (Top French League & Eurochallenge)
Maleye Ndoye (sf)- Senegal (Top French League & Eurocup)
Eduardo Mingas (pg)- Angola (top Angolan league)
Assem Marei (f)- Egypt (Division II NCAA)

tournament MVP
Carlos Morais (sg)- Angola (top Angolan league)

no pun intended
09-09-2013, 02:03 AM
Gotta love the passion in that crowd. Damn.

SourPatchKids
09-23-2013, 03:05 PM
I remember watching Angola vs China in a grainy television in '08 in my uncle's apartment in china. There was one dude on Angola who looked like a T-Rex and had Jamal Crawford game

tgan3
04-21-2014, 09:44 PM

:no:

Link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_William_Jones_Cup

Seeing the link above, using factual results and not some fabrication of my mind, this are the scores of Egypt (2nd in Afrobasket) playing against Iran (1st in Asia) and Korea (3rd in Asia)

South Korea 80 - 63 Egypt
Iran 90 - 56 Egypt