PDA

View Full Version : If LeBron doesn't win another ring...

Doranku
08-20-2013, 12:08 PM
How can people justify putting him in the top 10 players of all time?

One of his rings came in a lockout season, and the other is Ray Allen's ring. Then you have all the subsequent failures that will occur in years to come, along with 2007, 2010, 2011...

When it's all said and done, LeBron will be ranked right next to Dirk. :roll: @ all this GOAT jargon that is tossed around on this forum,.

Legends66NBA7
08-20-2013, 12:11 PM

Wilt Chamberlain and Hakeem Olajuwon are usually always on arbitrary Top 10 all-time lists, especially Wilt. They both have the exact number of rings and LeBron James.

Besides, it's all subjective. Justification of somebody's personal Top 10 is all under their criteria, not a singular way of thinking.

Mr Exlax
08-20-2013, 12:14 PM
I don't take rings into consideration when I'm trying to come up with my top 10 lists. It's a team victory. Dirk has one and Barkley and Malone don't. There's no way in hell I'm gonna have Dirk ranked higher than them.

Legends66NBA7
08-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Dirk has one and Barkley and Malone don't. There's no way in hell I'm gonna have Dirk ranked higher than them.

Not that I'm saying Dirk is over them, but give reasons as to why.

branslowski
08-20-2013, 12:21 PM
I don't take rings into consideration when I'm trying to come up with my top 10 lists. It's a team victory. Dirk has one and Barkley and Malone don't. There's no way in hell I'm gonna have Dirk ranked higher than them.

Every player plays to win. Which is why everyone in Majority ppls top 10 has won titles and Finals MVPs.

Jordan
Kobe
Wilt
Kareem
Magic
Bird
Russell
Shaq
Duncan

And who ever else you wanna add (this is generally the 9 players in ppls top 10, just with different orders)

So we don't believe in your shit bro...

K Xerxes
08-20-2013, 12:23 PM
How can people justify putting Kobe in the top 10 players of all time?

His first three rings were gifted by Shaq, the fourth was because KG, Yao Ming and Tmac were injured, and the final one is Gasol and Artest's ring for bailing his 6-24 ass out. Then you have all the subsequent failures that will come in years to come, along with 2004, 2008, 2011..

When it's all said and done, Kobe will be ranked right next to Dirk. :roll: @ all this GOAT jargon that is tossed around on this forum,.

Vienceslav
08-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Well he's going to be way up there in the scoring list once he is finished, is probably going to be #1 in both All Star appearances and All NBA First teams, that coupled with his already great resume[MVPs and Championships]should put him in the top 10 comfortably.
Only reason I don't rank him in the top 10 already is that he hasn't done the things I project he'll do eventually.
I'm more comfortable with having Kobe and Duncan in my top 10 despite still playing, because their career seems to be finished or the most of it and their legacy is more or less cemented as for Lebron we don't know yet if he'll stay at 10 or move to top 5.

PickernRoller
08-20-2013, 12:26 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/fpbkpk.jpg

To correct OP. Lebron is a boderline Top 15 player of all time. Behind the likes of Oscar Robertson, Dr. J, The Logo, Shaq...etc

His rings pretty much weight less than thin air.....You can only rank him based on his MVP's.

tpols
08-20-2013, 12:28 PM

To correct OP. Lebron is a boderline Top 15 player of all time. Behind the likes of Oscar Robertson, Dr. J, The Logo, Shaq...etc

His rings are pretty much weight less than thin air....you can only rank him based on his MVP's.
:roll:

KG215
08-20-2013, 12:33 PM

His rings pretty much weight less than thin air.....You can only rank him based on his MVP's.
It doesn't matter how many times you post that picture, it's never going to be funny to anyone other than other Kobe fanboys.

SilkkTheShocker
08-20-2013, 12:35 PM
LeBron>>>>>Kobe

PickernRoller
08-20-2013, 12:38 PM
It doesn't matter how many times you post that picture, it's never going to be funny to anyone other than other Kobe fanboys.

Thanks for your opinion. For a second there I got the feeling you were supposed to laugh. Then I remembered, 2012 Thunder > 2010 Celtics - now that makes me laugh.

Mr Exlax
08-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Not that I'm saying Dirk is over them, but give reasons as to why.

Impact on the game and stats. That's really it right there. I use the eyeball test more than anything. I also take into consideration who they went up against. The downside on that though, is that I don't have a real appreciation of the players before my time. I mean, I don't think Bill Russell is better than Wilt. Not a better player. Just was part of better teams.

kobeef24
08-20-2013, 12:39 PM
LeBron is already in the top 10. I've got him at 10. Until someone passes him up, he's already there. I honestly see him ending up top 5 and I hate it, but gotta respect greatness.

Mr Exlax
08-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Every player plays to win. Which is why everyone in Majority ppls top 10 has won titles and Finals MVPs.

Jordan
Kobe
Wilt
Kareem
Magic
Bird
Russell
Shaq
Duncan

And who ever else you wanna add (this is generally the 9 players in ppls top 10, just with different orders)

So we don't believe in your shit bro...

It's not for anybody else to believe in killa. I view basketball differently than you do I assume. I look at it more from a coach's perspective and not so much as a fan of a player.

kamil
08-20-2013, 12:41 PM

LMAO!! Those rings are so fitting for LeBron*

Doranku
08-20-2013, 12:44 PM

u just mad cuz asterisk ring came against ur shit team

aj1987
08-20-2013, 12:45 PM
How can people justify putting Kobe in the top 10 players of all time?

His first three rings were gifted by Shaq, the fourth was because KG, Yao Ming and Tmac were injured, and the final one is Gasol and Artest's ring for bailing his 6-24 ass out. Then you have all the subsequent failures that will come in years to come, along with 2004, 2008, 2011..

When it's all said and done, Kobe will be ranked right next to Dirk. :roll: @ all this GOAT jargon that is tossed around on this forum,.
:applause:

Legends66NBA7
08-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Impact on the game and stats. That's really it right there. I use the eyeball test more than anything. I also take into consideration who they went up against.

If the is impact and stats, then I don't see how Dirk isn't on their level. Especially come playoff time.

If it's the case for competition as well, Dirk was in a tough Western Conference for over a decade and still made 2 Finals with rosters that weren't favourites to make it. Infact, his 2011 run, his Mavs beat 3 more talented teams and he was the best players in each series.

KG215
08-20-2013, 12:47 PM
From the guy that claims 2012 Thunder > 2010 Celtics.
If you're talking about me, I never said that, but good try.

And you just weren't quick enough on the delete, either. Sorry.

KyleKong
08-20-2013, 12:51 PM

One of his rings came in a lockout season, and the other is Ray Allen's ring. Then you have all the subsequent failures that will occur in years to come, along with 2007, 2010, 2011...

When it's all said and done, LeBron will be ranked right next to Dirk. :roll: @ all this GOAT jargon that is tossed around on this forum,.

One of Michael's rings came from Steve Kerr, one of Kobe's came from Horry. What's your point?

Winning a championship requires a TEAM. Not LeBron playing 1 on 5.

Stop hating.

PickernRoller
08-20-2013, 12:53 PM
If you're talking about me, I never said that, but good try.

And you just weren't quick enough on the delete, either. Sorry.

Deleted cause I already stasted that in a previous reply. Might wanna check a page back? :lol :lol

Yes you did claim such thing. Denial at this point in time will serve you no good. Editing your post on that thread won't either.

Lakers2877
08-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Because his talent is indisputable. He's a top 5 player of alltime

DuMa
08-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Kobe fanatics' praying that Lebron doesnt win more championships. how sad.

KG215
08-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Deleted cause I already stasted that in a previous reply. Might wanna check a page back? :lol :lol

Yes you did claim such thing. Denial at this point in time will serve you no good. Editing your post on that thread won't either.
I'm like 99.99% sure I never said the 2012 Thunder were better than the 2010 Celtics. But if you want to keep putting words in my mouth, fine. It's not like anyone takes you seriously as a poster anyway.

And what did I edit? I just deleted a post because it was as double post and I didn't have the quote in the other one.

Oh, and your original post on the first page was just "thanks for you opinion". You were just quick on the edit before you got the time edited stamp on there.

longtime lurker
08-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Wilt Chamberlain and Hakeem Olajuwon are usually always on arbitrary Top 10 all-time lists, especially Wilt. They both have the exact number of rings and LeBron James.

Besides, it's all subjective. Justification of somebody's personal Top 10 is all under their criteria, not a singular way of thinking.

Bolded for emphasis. Lebron has done more in his career than Hakeem and he is arguably top 10 right now. Wilt is a different story because he literally shits all over the NBA record books.

PickernRoller
08-20-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm like 99.99% sure I never said the 2012 Thunder were better than the 2010 Celtics. But if you want to keep putting words in my mouth, fine. It's not like anyone takes you seriously as a poster anyway.

The 2010 Celtics are debatable, but the 2012 Thunder and 2013 Spurs were, without a doubt, better than the 2009 Magic.

Debatable in the world of KG215. BTW what time stamp shit are you talking about? Get over yourself kiddo...I edited that post before making the one I deleted. Needless to say the point stands as in that other thread - you being a moron.

KG215
08-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Debatable in the world of KG215. BTW what time stamp shit are you talking about? Get over yourself kiddo...I edited that post before making the one I deleted.
What's debatable? I never said the 2012 Thunder were better than the 2010 Celtics. I remember the conversation. It was something along the lines of ranking the last 5 NBA runner's-up. Someone may have said the 2012 Thunder > 2010 Celtics, but it wasn't me.

On the last first page, the post where you quoted me, when I first read it all it said was "Thanks for you opinion." I guess you went back and edited it almost immediately to add the other part, which I never saw. If you edit a post quickly enough, you don't get the "post last edited by ______ at XX:XX" stamp on the bottom of the post.

DaSeba5
08-20-2013, 01:10 PM
A lot of the LeBron stans suck here, but you are seeing first hand how awful the Kobe stans are. I mean wow.... just awful. This is a stupid thread.

PickernRoller
08-20-2013, 01:11 PM
What's debatable? I never said the 2012 Thunder were better than the 2010 Celtics. I remember the conversation. It was something along the lines of ranking the last 5 NBA runner's-up. Someone may have said the 2012 Thunder > 2010 Celtics, but it wasn't me.

On the last first page, the post where you quoted me, when I first read it all it said was "Thanks for you opinion." I guess you went back and edited it almost immediately to add the other part, which I never saw. If you edit a post quickly enough, you don't get the "post last edited by ______ at XX:XX" stamp on the bottom of the post.

Actually the converstation was about how Lebron faced better competition in the Finals than Kobe Bryant. Thus Magic and Celtics vs. Spurs and Thunder. Saying that the 12' Thunder or 13' Spurs are debatable as better competition than the 2010 Celtics is boderline moronic. Simple as that. 13 Spurs > 09 Magic - which you debated to no avail too - simply stupid.

Lebron23
08-20-2013, 01:12 PM
This is the LBJ Era. He's gonna win multiple NBA championships. He already surpasses Kobe Bryant.

Thunder and the Spurs were a much better team than the 2010 Celtics, and 2009 Magic. These teams would beat them in a best of 7 series.

Young X
08-20-2013, 01:15 PM
It's pathetic how TERRIFIED Laker fans are of Lebron. :oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
08-20-2013, 01:18 PM
It's pathetic how TERRIFIED Laker fans are of Lebron. :oldlol:

Their not Laker fans, man. I doubt many Laker fans give a shit about LeBron. Chicago Bull fans probably do.

ralph_i_el
08-20-2013, 01:21 PM
You don't win rings in this league without being on a stacked team and getting lucky. We can go through damn near every year and say why that team got "Lucky"

KG215
08-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Actually the converstation was about how Lebron faced better competition in the Finals than Kobe Bryant. Thus Magic and Celtics vs. Spurs and Thunder. Saying that the 12' Thunder or 13' Spurs are debatable as better competition than the 2010 Celtics is boderline moronic. Simple as that. 13 Spurs > 09 Magic - which you debated to no avail too - simply stupid.
No, I didn't. I never said the 12 Thunder > 10 Celtics. I don't believe that now and I didn't believe that then. I do remember saying something along the lines of the Magic being the worst Finals team in a few years, someone said they were the weakest in the last 5 years, and I agreed.

If I were ranking the last 5 teams that lost in the Finals, I'd go:

2011 Heat
2010 Celtics
2013 Spurs/2012 Thunder (think you can basically flip a coin here)
2009 Magic

And if you want to say 2010 Celtics > 2011 Heat, I don't have a problem with that.

BBallZen83
08-20-2013, 01:24 PM
...OP will cream his pants with ecstasy and die happy.

Nash
08-20-2013, 01:30 PM
I love how people rank individual players yet nobody seems look at the individual accolades.

PickernRoller
08-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Bla bla bla bla

I just quoted you saying it was debatable - the suggestion alone is laughable. LoL at that load of crap. Page 109-112. Not sure if serious or retard...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239468&page=109

RRR3
08-20-2013, 01:33 PM
He'll still be higher than Kobe.

Mr Exlax
08-20-2013, 01:33 PM
If the is impact and stats, then I don't see how Dirk isn't on their level. Especially come playoff time.

If it's the case for competition as well, Dirk was in a tough Western Conference for over a decade and still made 2 Finals with rosters that weren't favourites to make it. Infact, his 2011 run, his Mavs beat 3 more talented teams and he was the best players in each series.

The thing about it is that he didn't really have to rebound. He didn't really have to play defense. He really didn't have to do anything but score. That's pretty much all. Granted, that was just one playoff run as well. Malone and Barkley did it consistently for years.

KG215
08-20-2013, 01:43 PM
I just quoted you saying it was debatable - the suggestion alone is laughable. LoL at that load of crap. Page 109-112. Not sure if serious or retard...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239468&page=109
I said the 2010 Celtics vs. the 2013 Spurs and 2012 Thunder was debatable, so what? I didn't say either team was better than the 2010 Celtics. I just wasn't as high on the 2010 Celtics as some people. They sort of limped into the playoffs and got hot and played their best basketball of the season in the Finals. If I'm being honest, I'd pick the Celtics to beat either the 2012 Thunder or the 2013 Spurs in a best-of-seven, but I think both would be a close series.

But apparently you take "debatable" as me definitively saying "2012 Thunder > 2010 Celtics", yet I'm the moron?

The next time you actually engage in any level of semi-intelligent basketball discussion on here will be the first.

Legends66NBA7
08-20-2013, 01:56 PM
The thing about it is that he didn't really have to rebound. He didn't really have to play defense. He really didn't have to do anything but score. That's pretty much all. Granted, that was just one playoff run as well. Malone and Barkley did it consistently for years.

But it wasn't just one playoff run, though. He's been a consistent 26/10/3 thread on really good efficiency. The year he won it all was just the icing in context.

Barkley wasn't a great defender either, infact it was probably no better than Dirk's. Infact, Dirk's defense wasn't a problem in 2011. Malone crumbled a lot more than having great playoff runs. Infact, his efficiency really drops.

Mr Exlax
08-20-2013, 01:58 PM
But it wasn't just one playoff run, though. He's been a consistent 26/10/3 thread on really good efficiency. The year he won it all was just the icing in context.

Barkley wasn't a great defender either, infact it was probably no better than Dirk's. Infact, Dirk's defense wasn't a problem in 2011. Malone crumbled a lot more than having great playoff runs. Infact, his efficiency really drops.

I can't wrap my head around it I guess. In my memory they both were ferocious the whole time lol. Could be that I never fully appreciated Dirk though. I was a closet Mavs fan for a few years, but after they beat the Rockets it was all over. I very well could be biased.

The Choken One
08-20-2013, 02:01 PM
LeBron better find another superstar to join or he might be done winning his chips.

PJR
08-20-2013, 02:02 PM
If LeBron doesn't win another ring he'll still be a 4 time League MVP, two time NBA Champion, two time Finals MVP.

And still better than Kobe.

Doranku
08-20-2013, 02:02 PM
f@ggot you don't even root for a team. You just watch basketball to root against Kobe Bryant.

How sad.

Legends66NBA7
08-20-2013, 02:03 PM
I can't wrap my head around it I guess. In my memory they both were ferocious the whole time lol. Could be that I never fully appreciated Dirk though. I was a closet Mavs fan for a few years, but after they beat the Rockets it was all over. I very well could be biased.

Oh okay, I can see where your coming from. There's no problem saying their over Dirk. I think I've read so many topics where people just don't think Dirk has a chance against them or a guy like Garnett, but he's held how own very well.

For me, there's not much that really separates the 3 players. Barkley peaked the highest, Malone has the best longevity, Dirk is the best playoff performer (it's close with Barkley) and career.

Mr Exlax
08-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Oh okay, I can see where your coming from. There's no problem saying their over Dirk. I think I've read so many topics where people just don't think Dirk has a chance against them or a guy like Garnett, but he's held how own very well.

For me, there's not much that really separates the 3 players. Barkley peaked the highest, Malone has the best longevity, Dirk is the best playoff performer (it's close with Barkley) and career.

See with me man I'm wishy washy. Today I think Dirk has no place at all being in the same sentence with Garnett and then next week i could feel the exact opposite. It's usually whatever day you catch me on lmao.

zoom17
08-20-2013, 04:31 PM

:facepalm Where are people coming up with these things He will win more and going to stay dominate the league for a long time so keep hating:pimp:

zoom17
08-20-2013, 04:31 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol:

zoom17
08-20-2013, 04:33 PM

The damage is already done most people already have him past kobe:banana:

Miller for 3
08-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Lebron without Wade has only 1 playoff series win against a 50 win team.....think about that.

Lebron is a 18ppg 53 TS% player against handchecking....worse than Shawn Marion

Lebron has a 6-11 record in non lockout Finals.

Kiddlovesnets
08-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Of course Lebron ranking on top 10 is assuming that he wins at least 3 rings, considering hes only 29 its difficult for him not to get one more.

poido123
08-20-2013, 11:14 PM

Who the fck let you off your leash?

You have to be someone's alt account. You have been scking Lebron's dck since you first started posting.

Nuff Said
08-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Honestly the first response should've ended the thread altogether. There is no argument against that. RNS.

funnystuff
08-20-2013, 11:50 PM
Lebron without Wade has only 1 playoff series win against a 50 win team.....think about that.

Playoff wins needed in a non lockout season: 16

Playoff wins needed in a lockout season: 16

aj1987
08-21-2013, 12:27 AM

And he still has 2 more rings than your franchise. Think about THAT, for a minute.

TheMilkyBarKid
08-21-2013, 12:30 AM

How exactly does the lockout affect the finals?
That is a very weak excuse

poido123
08-21-2013, 01:08 AM
Playoff wins needed in a non lockout season: 16

Playoff wins needed in a lockout season: 16

Yeah, that lockout excuse is just nonsense. I believe any team winning in a lockout year deserves the same recognition, how stupid. Every team plays under the same conditions, so there is no unfair advantage whatsoever.

But if you feed me the "How great Lebron is" BS along with overrating the fck out of him, I'll have something to say about it...

PickernRoller
08-21-2013, 01:17 AM
I said the 2010 Celtics vs. the 2013 Spurs and 2012 Thunder was debatable, so what? I didn't say either team was better than the 2010 Celtics. I just wasn't as high on the 2010 Celtics as some people. They sort of limped into the playoffs and got hot and played their best basketball of the season in the Finals. If I'm being honest, I'd pick the Celtics to beat either the 2012 Thunder or the 2013 Spurs in a best-of-seven, but I think both would be a close series.

But apparently you take "debatable" as me definitively saying "2012 Thunder > 2010 Celtics", yet I'm the moron?

The next time you actually engage in any level of semi-intelligent basketball discussion on here will be the first.

Sorry but that fact is that you're just flip flopping. :roll: :roll: Might wanna gather yourself together there. You went from debatable, as in "NO", to "honestly"...you can backtrack all you want. That thread doesn't lie, nor spins. It's not like you have shame after getting owned in a lot of other threads in the past - including those remarks in that thread. I do realize you're a kid with issues who tries extremely hard to be neutral. You're not the first one. I realize you're a huge KD stan - waiting to burst in the coming years. Getting under your skin is not hard, your tantrums are well documented. Depending on who makes fun of your remarks, each day the worse fanbase changes, from Kobe stans to Lebron stans.

Good to see we're competing for that first breakout thread. :lol :lol

Intelligent basketball discussions - seems like you're having a hard time making a logical choice -or simply, not intelligent enough to make it. Heard it all here.

Bigsmoke
08-21-2013, 01:37 AM

This is some retarded shit right here

GoSpursGo1984
08-21-2013, 01:49 AM
http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww208/tsikes_bucket/shaq-laughing-o.gif

ripthekik
08-21-2013, 07:38 AM

:applause: :applause: :applause:

zoom17
08-21-2013, 09:40 AM

Keep laughing he passed him already if he didn't he has another at least 10 years of playing so just accept it :cheers:

zoom17
08-21-2013, 09:41 AM

Butthurt spurs fans which loss hurt more fisher or ray allen shot:roll: :roll: :roll:

SilkkTheShocker
08-21-2013, 09:53 AM
lmao at the butthurt Spurs fan :oldlol:

Bobcats2013
08-21-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm still waiting for Lebron to come to the West and see how he does.

tpols
08-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Hed have to join KD and russ in order for that to happen.

Maaybe hed give CP3 and Blake a try but it just might be too big a risk.

thefatmiral
08-21-2013, 10:43 AM
shouldnt have gotten the last one

riseagainst
08-21-2013, 11:58 AM
if lebron* wins another ring next season then he'll finally crack the top 20. If he fails to win then he'll remain in the 35-40 range.

zoom17
08-21-2013, 01:23 PM
23-4 record against the west nice try:oldlol: