PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lin "The Rockets coaches lost faith in me"

niko
08-21-2013, 05:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9588401/jeremy-lin-says-houston-rockets-coaches-lost-faith-last-season

Jeremy Lin is ready to move on from a disappointing season with the Houston Rockets.

Speaking at a youth conference in Taiwan, Lin gave a candid assessment of his first season in Houston, claiming that Rockets coaches lost confidence in him due to his inconsistent play.

"I became so obsessed with becoming a great basketball player ... trying to be Linsanity, being this phenomenon that took the NBA by storm," Lin told a crowd of approximately 20,000 at the Dream Big, Be Yourself youth conference in Taipei, Taiwan.

"The coaches were losing faith in me; basketball fans were making fun of me. ... I was supposed to be joyful and free, but what I experienced was the opposite. I had no joy, and I felt no freedom."

Lin admitted during the youth conference that he placed extremely high expectations on himself upon joining the Rockets.

"I was ready to invigorate the entire city of Houston," he said. "I was supposed to save Houston basketball."

Lin was one of Houston's marquee acquisitions prior to last season. Following a breakout 2011-12 campaign with the New York Knicks, he signed a three-year, $25 million deal to join the Rockets.

But Lin struggled, averaging 13.4 points and 6.1 assists a game, and battled injuries that forced him to miss two games in Houston's playoff-round loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Lin went as far to say that he experienced "emptiness, confusion and misery" at points last season.

"The one thing I learned was how empty fame and worldly success really are. ... The desire for success never stopped," Lin said. "If the voice that you listen to the most isn't God's voice, then eventually you will experience that emptiness, confusion and misery that I felt when I listened to the voice of Linsanity."

Lin, a devout Christian, told the crowd that he has leaned on his faith in order to reassess his basketball career and his future.

The Rockets will be counting on Lin, who will turn 25 on Friday, to help lead an emerging team that features newly acquired star center Dwight Howard and All-Star guard James Harden.

:facepalm Dude is so freaking self absorbed. He had huge success for the Knicks in no pressure games under a run and gun system. It was huge huge fun but it wasn't years of success. houston didn't bring him in to save themselves. That's ridiculous. What's Howard if Lin was saving Houston basketball, the messiah himself?

IncarceratedBob
08-21-2013, 05:36 PM
Another Jeremy Lin thread?

Most talked about scrub in NBA history, glorified back up PG.

#number6ix#
08-21-2013, 05:43 PM
He makes a lot of excuses... If the coaches lost faith in him it's because he was playing like shit... He's very egoistical for a mediocre player

FreezingTsmoove
08-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Classic Lin acting like he is owed things in life. Work for them you scrub

IGOTGAME
08-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Guy is delusional and has zero heart. Classic frontrunner.

Dr. Ice
08-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Why is he talking like he was terrible last year? Sure, he wasnt like he was on the knicks, but he was still an above-average player

305Baller
08-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Lin, suck it up and get better.

CavaliersFTW
08-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Typical delusional Christian. Thinks the world revolves around himself and his made up deity.

andremiller07
08-21-2013, 06:04 PM
"I was ready to invigorate the entire city of Houston," he said. "I was supposed to save Houston basketball."
[/I]
I'm not sure Houston getting #1 pick with him as the main guy would have invigorated the entire city, Houston must be thanking the lord for the James Harden deal. Lin is a below average starting PG it's really that simple.

Noob Saibot
08-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Lin, suck it up and get better.

This. and stay healthy.

jzek
08-21-2013, 06:39 PM

He's from Harvard. He could go to any Fortune 500 company and get hired the same day.

zoom17
08-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Jeremy Lin is scrub and was never anything special.

inclinerator
08-21-2013, 08:02 PM
u guys will eat ur words when liin puts up 17 and 10 next year

The Choken One
08-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Lin sucks and always did. Linsanity was a joke that far too many people fell for. 25 mil for this scrub? Houston done fhcked up. They better find a way to ship Lin and Asik. 2 awful contracts imo. Money get be put to much better use.

imdaman99
08-21-2013, 08:27 PM
hes gonna be living off linsanity for the rest of his life :facepalm

cant hate on him for that though, good for him for capitalizing

Fallen Angel
08-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Lin sucks and always did. Linsanity was a joke that far too many people fell for. 25 mil for this scrub? Houston done fhcked up. They better find a way to ship Lin and Asik. 2 awful contracts imo. Money get be put to much better use.

Asik, awful contract? Stop posting.

The Choken One
08-21-2013, 09:08 PM
Asik, awful contract? Stop posting.
Lemme clarify myself.

Awful contract for a backup. If Asik was the starter, that's a pretty damn good contract.

But he's overpaid for a backup. Don't fool yourself. The only way I'd like him as a backup is if along with his good defense, he was a solid FT shooter, but he's Dwight tier in terms of FT shooting. With that said, he's going to be incredibly underused next season and imo will likely be traded next off season if not before the middle of this season.

hawkfan
08-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Send him to Toronto or Milwaukee - he run those teams better than what they have.

DStebb716
08-21-2013, 09:23 PM

:facepalm Such an uninformed post.

RedBlackAttack
08-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Wow. I had no idea Lin was such an arrogant tool. Those quotes are really over-the-top.

Anyone who couldn't see Linsanity crashing and burning from a mile away was either fooling themselves or just not great at projecting basketball talent.

Some threads from 2012:

Jeremy Lin's Court Vision is Elite (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282657)

Jeremy Lin career stats of games when playing at least 24 mpg (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251657)

Would you trade Dwade for Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264088)

Who does Jeremy Lin emulate the most? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251532)

Jeremy Lin or Mike Conley? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258672)

Kyrie Irving vs. Jeremy Lin (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252278)

Lin 1 Irving 0 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253991)

Serious Question: Lin or Wall (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262300)

Sports Science - Jeremy Lin as fast as John Wall / Quicker Release than Ray Ray (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252839&page=5)

Steph Curry vs Jeremy Lin (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256673)

etc.

Some really funny reads here.

305Baller
08-21-2013, 11:37 PM
http://stevenhomartialarts.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/enter-the-garden-jeremy-lin-bruce-lee.jpg

strifed169
08-21-2013, 11:54 PM
All these kids talking shit about Lin wouldn't even make a high school basketball team, but oh well, ph4gg0ts gonna ph4g

IGOTGAME
08-21-2013, 11:57 PM
All these kids talking shit about Lin wouldn't even make a high school basketball team, but oh well, ph4gg0ts gonna ph4g

I called that bull shit from day 1. Sorry your gawd, Lin, is a delusional weirdo.

Electric Slide
08-22-2013, 12:00 AM
I called that bull shit from day 1. Sorry your gawd, Lin, is a delusional weirdo.
Still better than Rubio

RedBlackAttack
08-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Still better than Rubio
...no he's not.

Electric Slide
08-22-2013, 12:10 AM
...no he's not.
I'm sure when someone starts spamming Rubio > Irving threads, you'll think that way. It seems like you are just mad at Lin because people thought he was better than Irving or outplayed him.

wang4three
08-22-2013, 01:28 AM
Losing faith and lost faith are two very different things. But it's ok, your comprehension of things has always been in question.

Also the way you present it is as if Lin is blaming the coaching staff. He clearly is placing all the blame on himself. You really act like you work for the NY Post.

RedBlackAttack
08-22-2013, 01:45 AM
I'm sure when someone starts spamming Rubio > Irving threads, you'll think that way. It seems like you are just mad at Lin because people thought he was better than Irving or outplayed him.
There have already been extensive conversations comparing Rubio and Irving. That's not the issue. The issue is Rubio is a good starting PG in the NBA and Lin may not even be starting caliber at this stage.

Irving has nothing to do with it. Do I think he's better than Rubio? Yes, I do. Though Rubio does possess incredible vision and passing ability that Kyrie does not at this stage (and likely never will).

Lin does not belong in a conversation with either guy. You may not like to hear it, but it's the truth. It was clear to me even during Linsanity and it's become totally evident to just about everyone else a year and a half later.

I wasn't "mad" specifically at "Lin > Irving threads" though they were certainly annoying. I was annoyed by the "Lin > _____" threads during Linsanity, whether it was Wall, Rubio, Curry, Conley or any of the other truly gifted young PGs in the league. It was/is completely absurd.

sportjames23
08-22-2013, 01:55 AM
Losing faith and lost faith are two very different things. But it's ok, your comprehension of things has always been in question.

Also the way you present it is as if Lin is blaming the coaching staff. He clearly is placing all the blame on himself. You really act like you work for the NY Post.

Thank you. I thought I was the only one who see him as placing blame on himself for last season.

Bigsmoke
08-22-2013, 01:58 AM
Lin will have a better season next year

Electric Slide
08-22-2013, 01:59 AM
Lin does not belong in a conversation with either guy. You may not like to hear it, but it's the truth. It was clear to me even during Linsanity and it's become totally evident to just about everyone else a year and a half later.
You are right, Lin is way better than Irving and Rubio. Neither of these scrubs belong in the same sentence as him.

AintNoSunshine
08-22-2013, 02:04 AM
Some unrealistic expectation might be slowly derailing his career, better focus on just to get better before his reputation goes down the drain

RedBlackAttack
08-22-2013, 02:06 AM
You are right, Lin is way better than Irving and Rubio. Neither of these scrubs belong in the same sentence as him.
k.

andremiller07
08-22-2013, 02:07 AM
lol I also remember there was a Lin vs. Holiday thread to lol adding to the ones redblack posted.

RedBlackAttack
08-22-2013, 02:09 AM
lol I also remember there was a Lin vs. Holiday thread to lol adding to the ones redblack posted.
And I have no doubt people were laughing at the idea of comparing a nobody like Holiday with all-world Lin. :oldlol:

bdreason
08-22-2013, 02:32 AM
I remember one hilarious thread where people were claiming Lin was better than Holiday. :oldlol:

He's a solid P&R PG, so I think he'll be okay if the Rockets use him right. He's still towards the bottom of starting PG's in the league though.

bdreason
08-22-2013, 02:33 AM

Beat me to it. That thread was ridiculous.

andremiller07
08-22-2013, 02:36 AM
Beat me to it. That thread was ridiculous.
There was also one "tell me Lin does not have more potential than any PG in the NBA" which was deleted which was beyond hilarious as well.

hawkfan
08-22-2013, 02:38 AM
Lin is a system player.
Lin to the Lakers so he can play in MDA's system again.

deja vu
08-22-2013, 03:27 AM
System-specific PG. :lol

sundizz
08-22-2013, 04:52 AM
I don't want to say it..but it's cuz he's asian. He's athletic, but he's weak. Not necessarily weak as in strength, but his body is weak. He's never going to be able to play at 100% for an entire 82 game season. I really just don't think his body can handle that.

I think skills wise he is okay. He peaked and was feeling great. Now comes the true test...can he learn to utilize his skills to help his team. It's not like he was terrible last year. 15 ppg, 7 apg and playing good team bball + defense is really all he needs to be on Houston. They got Harden for the bulk of their scoring and Dwight controlling the interior.

Nick Young
08-22-2013, 05:08 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9588401/jeremy-lin-says-houston-rockets-coaches-lost-faith-last-season

Jeremy Lin is ready to move on from a disappointing season with the Houston Rockets.

Speaking at a youth conference in Taiwan, Lin gave a candid assessment of his first season in Houston, claiming that Rockets coaches lost confidence in him due to his inconsistent play.

"I became so obsessed with becoming a great basketball player ... trying to be Linsanity, being this phenomenon that took the NBA by storm," Lin told a crowd of approximately 20,000 at the Dream Big, Be Yourself youth conference in Taipei, Taiwan.

"The coaches were losing faith in me; basketball fans were making fun of me. ... I was supposed to be joyful and free, but what I experienced was the opposite. I had no joy, and I felt no freedom."

Lin admitted during the youth conference that he placed extremely high expectations on himself upon joining the Rockets.

Lin was one of Houston's marquee acquisitions prior to last season. Following a breakout 2011-12 campaign with the New York Knicks, he signed a three-year, $25 million deal to join the Rockets.

But Lin struggled, averaging 13.4 points and 6.1 assists a game, and battled injuries that forced him to miss two games in Houston's playoff-round loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Lin went as far to say that he experienced "emptiness, confusion and misery" at points last season.

"The one thing I learned was how empty fame and worldly success really are. ... The desire for success never stopped," Lin said. "If the voice that you listen to the most isn't God's voice, then eventually you will experience that emptiness, confusion and misery that I felt when I listened to the voice of Linsanity."

Lin, a devout Christian, told the crowd that he has leaned on his faith in order to reassess his basketball career and his future.

The Rockets will be counting on Lin, who will turn 25 on Friday, to help lead an emerging team that features newly acquired star center Dwight Howard and All-Star guard James Harden.

:facepalm Dude is so freaking self absorbed. He had huge success for the Knicks in no pressure games under a run and gun system. It was huge huge fun but it wasn't years of success. houston didn't bring him in to save themselves. That's ridiculous. What's Howard if Lin was saving Houston basketball, the messiah himself?

Sounds like this guy needs some guidance from the Mamba. Wouldn't mind LAL picking him up. Lin and Parsons for Pau Gasol, seems like a good deal for both parties, GET IT DONE MITCH.

No_Look604
08-22-2013, 05:42 AM
suck it up, buttercup.:coleman:

OhNoTimNoSho
08-22-2013, 12:08 PM
I think hes just not good enough. Anytime a player needs people to have "faith" means his skills just aren't up to par.

r15mohd
08-22-2013, 01:01 PM
He's from Harvard. He could go to any Fortune 500 company and get hired the same day.

it's a good fall back plan...he'll be ok if he keeps working at it. so long as he stays average (like he did) or better, he'll grab that 2-3 mil per year until he retires. what more do you really want than a descent pay for a occupation you love.

r15mohd
08-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Sounds like this guy needs some guidance from the Mamba. Wouldn't mind LAL picking him up. Lin and Parsons for Pau Gasol, seems like a good deal for both parties, GET IT DONE MITCH.

lol...such high hopes you LAL fans have :no:

unless the trading team is trying to clear its books for the upcoming season or wanting to bring in high revenue only for acquiring a player like Kobe, there is NO ONE on the Lakers squad that is trade worthy IMO. besides, HOU has enough big men and a pretty solid team overall (even with a sub-par Lin)

Fresh Kid
08-22-2013, 01:35 PM
coaches lost faith in him because he became a coward thats why:lol