PDA

View Full Version : Game 6 of the 2013 Finals

SilkkTheShocker
08-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Was this the absolute worst case scenario for a Heat hater? Im not even trying to get a reaction either. I legit want to know how tough that loss was for the people that were seconds away from unleashing threads trolling the Heat/LeBron. I honestly don't think some posters have been the same since that game and series.

Heavincent
08-26-2013, 05:42 PM
I got over it pretty quickly. But I guess I'm not really an obsessive hater. I just wanted them to lose so I could watch the bandwagoners jump ship.

Oh well.

fpliii
08-26-2013, 05:44 PM
That was a crazy game. I was at LAX for a stop over as the game was going on, and outside of Gladstone's Fish every single person was pulling for LeBron/Miami.

nightprowler10
08-26-2013, 05:49 PM
I would think for a Heat hater, the absolute worst would have been LeBron hitting that jumper instead of Ray.

TonyMontana
08-26-2013, 05:50 PM
It was exceptional. Especially when you factor in how horrible the refs were in the first half. It looked like it was going to rival LA/SAC game 6, since the refs built SA a 15 point lead. Luckily LeBron came through once his headband fell off thus dubbing it "The Headband Game". Definetly an iconic performance.

For Kobe stans, it was the worst since guys like Kennethgriffin were already making threads like this before the game was over.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304272

That iconic performance by LeBron was better than any single Kobe moment in his playoff career. And its not even LeBrons best. :oldlol:

kNicKz
08-26-2013, 06:00 PM
It's almost scary how big the Spurs fanbase almost became :eek:

Silkk and TazB(R.I.P) would be repping the spurs right now

LongLiveTheKing
08-26-2013, 06:07 PM
It's almost scary how big the Spurs fanbase almost became :eek:

Silkk and TazB(R.I.P) would be repping the spurs right now
Where is tazb?

Budadiiii
08-26-2013, 06:08 PM
LeBron looked so lost and innocent. I'm glad Ray saved him honestly, I didn't want to see what he was about to go through. I felt sincere empathy towards James. He's really not a championship caliber competitor in the first place. He crumbled, we all saw it, we saw the look on his face. The utter desperation and panic radiating from his being was something I have never seen in sports. I almost turned the channel after one of those airballs, I hate watching people embarrass themselves.

Marchesk
08-26-2013, 06:10 PM
Was this the absolute worst case scenario for a Heat hater? Im not even trying to get a reaction either. I legit want to know how tough that loss was for the people that were seconds away from unleashing threads trolling the Heat/LeBron. I honestly don't think some posters have been the same since that game and series.

It was a very exciting game followed by an exciting game 7. But it was disappointing seeing a classy organization like the Spurs who do it the right way, choke that title away. The Spurs fly under the radar for much of the season, and they play such great team ball. It would have been awesome to see them win.

I get tired of the constant Lebron/Miami hype. Although La/Kobe/Dwight/Nash had completely stolen it from them the first part of the season. That was highly annoying. Maybe even more so, because that team hadn't proven anything.

So it was tough, but not like having 20 threads ready to go. Now that would be hard.

aj1987
08-26-2013, 06:15 PM
That iconic performance by LeBron was better than any single Kobe moment in his playoff career. And its not even LeBrons best. :oldlol:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200405110LAL.html

The Lakers were down 1-2 against the same team. Kobe: 42/6/5/3/1 with 0 TOV's. Against a prime Bowen.

KyleKong
08-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Going through 10 pages in the game discussion thread before the Ray Allen three ball was so f*cking hilarious to me.

Almost as funny as 95% of the people spamming how much LeBron is a choker and a loser didn't post after Allen's 3.

derb2k2
08-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Going through 10 pages in the game discussion thread before the Ray Allen three ball was so f*cking hilarious to me.

Almost as funny as 95% of the people spamming how much LeBron is a choker and a loser didn't post after Allen's 3.

link to gamethread plz! thx in advance.

KyleKong
08-26-2013, 06:21 PM
link to gamethread plz! thx in advance.

Oh lawdy, let me find it.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304154&page=81

enjoy.

longtime lurker
08-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Yes it was great seeing Chris Bosh save the Heat from elimination :rockon:

This is a troll thread so it doesn't deserve a serious response.

TonyMontana
08-26-2013, 06:23 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200405110LAL.html

The Lakers were down 1-2 against the same team. Kobe: 42/6/5/3/1 with 0 TOV's. Against a prime Bowen.

Theres a reason noone remembers that game. LeBrons was on the brink of elimination. If he loses his season is OVER. AND its in the Finals. Where was Kobes game again? Oh yeah the second round. :oldlol:

Also nice "against prime Bowen" when Bowen played 23 minutes.

Shaq with 28-14 for the Lakers on great efficiency. Looks like he dominated the paint. LeBron made his run when Wade/Bosh were on the bench. :oldlol:

Your welcome to try again

derb2k2
08-26-2013, 06:25 PM

enjoy.

thx for this. now on to laughing again

Myth
08-26-2013, 06:25 PM
I was more disappointed that the Spurs lost the Finals than the Heat won them.

aj1987
08-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Theres a reason noone remembers that game. LeBrons was on the brink of elimination. If he loses his season is OVER. AND its in the Finals. Where was Kobes game again? Oh yeah the second round. :oldlol:

Shaq with 28-14 for the Lakers on great efficiency. Looks like he dominated the paint. LeBron made his run when Wade/Bosh were on the bench. :oldlol:

Ok. 5>2.

KyleKong
08-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Ok. 5>2.

11 > 5

Check mate.

aj1987
08-26-2013, 06:56 PM
11 > 5

Check mate.
Russel? Kobe is not on his level. Russell is top 5 and Kobe is between 8-10.
Lebron is between 10-12.

kurple
08-26-2013, 07:06 PM
i'm no lebron hater, i dislike you and the other stans but thought that was a great game

Lebron23
08-26-2013, 07:08 PM
I was more disappointed that the Spurs lost the Finals than the Heat won them.

They wouldn't be in the NBA Finals if Westbrook didn't get injured. This year is last time we'll ever see the Spurs in the Finals. LMAO At Kawhi Leonard as the franchise player of this team. His numbers would go down if he's the number 1 option of the team because the NBA teams would double and triple team him.

Budadiiii
08-26-2013, 07:10 PM
Russel? Kobe is not on his level. Russell is top 5 and Kobe is between 8-10.
Lebron is between 10-12.
LeBron's already in striking distance and has played 7 less seasons than Kobe?

Damn. I can't even comprehend why Kobe stans post this and actually think they're coming out on higher ground than the LeBron stans. When LeBron retires, he will be ranked higher than Kobe on 99% of the lists. That's a fact. The 1% being Kobe stans themselves. Those idiots need to give it a break, LeBron has a greater impact on the game. He wins more. His stats are better. Regardless of his mental weaknesses, he's the superior athlete.

LeBrons game has surpassed the Kobe arguments. It's not an argument anymore.

He's now in arguments against the Bird's, Magic's, Shaq's... not the ****ing Kobe's

Bandito
08-26-2013, 07:18 PM

enjoy.
All I saw was Heat fans including you giving up on their team:roll:

TheGreatDeraj
08-26-2013, 07:19 PM
If you hate the Heat that would suck because it looked like the Spurs were champs when Lebron goes 1-4 in the final minutes with 2 TOs until the magical Ray Allen shot.

If you hate Lebron then it only kinda sucks because yea he won a title, but the Heat 100% lose(and a lot of it would be Lebrons fault) if Allen misses that shot. So it's not really as impressive as other all time great wing player titles.

Doranku
08-26-2013, 07:24 PM
If you hate the Heat that would suck because it looked like the Spurs were champs when Lebron goes 1-4 in the final minutes with 2 TOs until the magical Ray Allen shot.

If you hate Lebron then it only kinda sucks because yea he won a title, but the Heat 100% lose(and a lot of it would be Lebrons fault) if Allen misses that shot. So it's not really as impressive as other all time great wing player titles.

Pretty much this.

I mean, when all is said and done, LeBron will likely retire with the two rings he has currently. Now, I'm not ruling out the possibility that he jumps ship from Miami within the next 2 years when it becomes more apparent that the Heat are no longer contenders.

So basically, either LeBron jumps ship again to team up with another superstar(s) and people 30 years from now label him as the GOAT ringchaser, or he ends up with what he has now.

And again, in 30 years, people will see that he was 2 rings. One in a lockout season, and one where Ray Allen resurrected him from the grave. That's not even close to a top 10 GOAT. He will be ranked somewhere in the early 20's/late teens alongside Dirk.

Bandito
08-26-2013, 07:25 PM

I was rooting for the Spurs to win, but I have to give props to Ray Ray for saving the season.:applause:

longtime lurker
08-26-2013, 07:28 PM
Pretty much this.

I mean, when all is said and done, LeBron will likely retire with the two rings he has currently. Now, I'm not ruling out the possibility that he jumps ship from Miami within the next 2 years when it becomes more apparent that the Heat are no longer contenders.

So basically, either LeBron jumps ship again to team up with another superstar(s) and people 30 years from now label him as the GOAT ringchaser, or he ends up with what he has now.

And again, in 30 years, people will see that he was 2 rings. One in a lockout season, and one where Ray Allen resurrected him from the grave. That's not even close to a top 10 GOAT. He will be ranked somewhere in the early 20's/late teens alongside Dirk.

:roll: :roll: :roll: jesus christ the hate is just dripping from this post.

Marchesk
08-26-2013, 07:29 PM
and again, in 30 years, people will see that he was 2 rings. One in a lockout season, and one where Ray Allen resurrected him from the grave. That's not even close to a top 10 GOAT. He will be ranked somewhere in the early 20's/late teens alongside Dirk.

You mean 30 years from now Silk will be arguing that Lebron = Wilt?

Lebron23
08-26-2013, 07:29 PM

Damn. I can't even comprehend why Kobe stans post this and actually think they're coming out on higher ground than the LeBron stans. When LeBron retires, he will be ranked higher than Kobe on 99% of the lists. That's a fact. The 1% being Kobe stans themselves. Those idiots need to give it a break, LeBron has a greater impact on the game. He wins more. His stats are better. Regardless of his mental weaknesses, he's the superior athlete.

He's now in arguments against the Bird's, Magic's, Shaq's... not the ****ing Kobe's

Chuckbe is averaging 25.1 ppg on 40-41 FG% in the NBA Finals while LeBron is averaging 23.9 ppg on 44.5 FG%. Lebron is also averaging more rebounds, more assists, more steals and more blocks than Kobe in the NBA Finals. LeBron would surpass Kobe in ppg averages next year in the Finals.

Bandito
08-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Chuckbe is averaging 25.1 ppg on 40-41 FG% in the NBA Finals while LeBron is averaging 23.9 ppg on 44.5 FG%. Lebron is also averaging more rebounds, more assists, more steals and more blocks than Kobe in the NBA Finals. LeBron would surpass Kobe in ppg averages next year in the Finals.
he's a Westbrook fan genius:lol

aj1987
08-26-2013, 07:52 PM

I don't know why you're replying to me. I'm not a Kobe stan. If anything, I'm a Wade stan. Currently, Kobe is higher than Lebron on the GOAT list. Until Lebron wins another ring and FMVP, he's not going above Kobe.

SilkkTheShocker
08-26-2013, 11:21 PM
The worst part for the haters had to be LeBron having one of the all time greatest game 7s ever. And even hitting the game winner. Talk about painful for a LeBron hater. At least when Kobe won a title it was either being carried by Shaq, fisher, or Artest.

SilkkTheShocker
08-26-2013, 11:23 PM

Dat ether :cheers:

The Choken One
08-26-2013, 11:27 PM
of course this turned into a kobe/lebron debate. who woulda guessed?

red1
08-26-2013, 11:47 PM

When you say other all time great wing players I sure hope you don't mean kobe. Lebron has clearly been the better playoff performer.

Pretty much this.

The f*ck? One of the worst posts I have ever seen on this website.

TMT
08-26-2013, 11:55 PM
As a die hard Spurs fan I'm pretty much over it after a good 3-4 months to mull it over. Can't imagine even the worst Heat haters being too distraught about it at this point. Basketball goes on.

WindmiLL
08-27-2013, 05:52 AM
Pretty much this.

What? :oldlol:

I really hope you're not serious with this post

Doranku
08-27-2013, 07:43 AM
The f*ck? One of the worst posts I have ever seen on this website.

What? :oldlol:

I really hope you're not serious with this post

Dat denial. :oldlol:

DMAVS41
08-27-2013, 07:56 AM
Dat denial. :oldlol:

Of what?

That somehow a 2 time champion, 2 time finals mvp, 4 time mvp with career averages of 28/7/7 in regular season and 28/9/7 in the playoffs...one of the best perimeter defensive players ever...one of the best elimination game and game 7 players in NBA history...

Somehow he just isn't worthy of being top 10 all time? GTFO...

Dat denial...

branslowski
08-27-2013, 11:10 AM
Of what?

That somehow a 2 time champion, 2 time finals mvp, 4 time mvp with career averages of 28/7/7 in regular season and 28/9/7 in the playoffs...one of the best perimeter defensive players ever...one of the best elimination game and game 7 players in NBA history...

Somehow he just isn't worthy of being top 10 all time? GTFO...

Dat denial...

Nice defense "Dirk" fan.:lol

Nash
08-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Well, they were 4 seconds from re-living the summer of 2011.

SilkkTheShocker
08-27-2013, 11:31 AM
I love going back to the game 6 thread :oldlol: Holy s.hit, is that a amazing for a laugh :oldlol:

ihoopallday
08-27-2013, 11:41 AM
If Miami lost that series, the haters would still be trolling to this day. This site would've been unbearable.

kurple
08-27-2013, 11:45 AM
They wouldn't be in the NBA Finals if Westbrook didn't get injured. This year is last time we'll ever see the Spurs in the Finals. LMAO At Kawhi Leonard as the franchise player of this team. His numbers would go down if he's the number 1 option of the team because the NBA teams would double and triple team him.
a lebron fan using injuries to downplay the another team?? :biggums:

lebron is the voodo master

kurple
08-27-2013, 11:46 AM
everyone but the lebron stans are over this

SilkkTheShocker
08-27-2013, 11:48 AM

Good Lord, you're one of the whiniest posters on ISH. Nuggets suck by the way.

Fudge
08-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Silkk STILL hasn't found some new material yet? :oldlol: Getchur trolling game up RG.

SilkkTheShocker
08-27-2013, 11:56 AM
a lebron fan using injuries to downplay the another team?? :biggums:

lebron is the voodo master

http://thesportsquotient.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/42213_WarriorsNuggets.jpg

http://www.csnbayarea.com/sites/csnbayarea/files/styles/large/public/vertical-iguodala-andre-warriors-introduced-large.jpg

riseagainst
08-27-2013, 12:16 PM
does Sillk always make the same thread over and over again? I can imagine 5 years down the line: "YALL STILL MAD ABOUT GAME 6??"

:oldlol:

Clifton
08-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Was this the absolute worst case scenario for a Heat hater?
That game was the most anguish I have felt as an NBA fan ever.

People's opinion of Lebron as a player now and historically would be closer to accurate if the Spurs had won that game. Imagine Lebron still being below Magic and Bird and Duncan being talked about as a top 8 guy? What a healthier basketball culture we would have.

Not that it's bad with Lebron and Wade being at the top of the world (certainly better than when Kobe and AI were) but if Duncan were... for all to see... too bad.

Young X
08-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Spurs choking under pressure again like they do every time they face a good team. Nothing new here.

branslowski
08-27-2013, 01:21 PM
Spurs choking under pressure again like they do every time they face a good team. Nothing new here.

This. Also Duncan missing key open layups....Smh..

Le Shaqtus
08-27-2013, 01:29 PM

Seems that way

zoom17
08-27-2013, 06:38 PM
I would think for a Heat hater, the absolute worst would have been LeBron hitting that jumper instead of Ray.
:cheers:

Lebron23
08-27-2013, 09:40 PM

I am not hating on the Spurs, but the reality is that they only beat 1 good team in the NBA Finals.

TheMarkMadsen
08-27-2013, 09:44 PM
I am not hating on the Spurs, but the reality is that they only beat 1 good team in the NBA Finals.

Yes because bad teams make the finals :facepalm

poido123
08-27-2013, 10:06 PM
That game was the most anguish I have felt as an NBA fan ever.

People's opinion of Lebron as a player now and historically would be closer to accurate if the Spurs had won that game. Imagine Lebron still being below Magic and Bird and Duncan being talked about as a top 8 guy? What a healthier basketball culture we would have.

Not that it's bad with Lebron and Wade being at the top of the world (certainly better than when Kobe and AI were) but if Duncan were... for all to see... too bad.

Anything can happen in the next few years, we have seen a wobbly Lebron before. He had one really good game against the Spurs, and played passive for the rest of them. And we all know about 2011...

poido123
08-27-2013, 10:08 PM

Bucks, depleted Bulls, Pacers?

Much easier path than San Antonio had.

red1
08-27-2013, 10:23 PM
does Sillk always make the same thread over and over again? I can imagine 5 years down the line: "YALL STILL MAD ABOUT GAME 6??"

:oldlol:
lol

plowking
08-27-2013, 10:59 PM
Anything can happen in the next few years, we have seen a wobbly Lebron before. He had one really good game against the Spurs, and played passive for the rest of them. And we all know about 2011...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rewrite history why don't you.

One really good game. :oldlol:

32/10/7 over the last 4 games in the series. Shooting 48/43/79.

He had more good games than bad in the series.

poido123
08-27-2013, 11:08 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rewrite history why don't you.

One really good game. :oldlol:

32/10/7 over the last 4 games in the series. Shooting 48/43/79.

He had more good games than bad in the series.

Game 7 he impacted the game far more than any of his other games. Most people's observation of Lebron before his incredible game 7 was he was passive. Not saying he was playing bad as in, 2011 bad, but he wasn't as good as he should be either. Just because you put up stats, it doesn't always reflect how well someone played.

SilkkTheShocker
08-27-2013, 11:24 PM
Game 7 he impacted the game far more than any of his other games. Most people's observation of Lebron before his incredible game 7 was he was passive. Not saying he was playing bad as in, 2011 bad, but he wasn't as good as he should be either. Just because you put up stats, it doesn't always reflect how well someone played.
Allen doesn't even get a chance to tie the game if it weren't for Bron leading the team back in the 4th. Or hitting the clutch 3. And the 2012 playoffs slipped your mind also it seems. Where lebron didn't have one bad game

poido123
08-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Allen doesn't even get a chance to tie the game if it weren't for Bron leading the team back in the 4th. Or hitting the clutch 3. And the 2012 playoffs slipped your mind also it seems. Where lebron didn't have one bad game

That's usually Lebron though, he either coasts the first 3 quarters and shows up for 4th, or has a good start to a game and goes missing in the 4th.

Not to discredit how he played against OKC, but he felt comfortable against that team. He is best buddies with Durant and they matched up pretty well against them. Durant looked overpowered and helpless against lebron.

plowking
08-27-2013, 11:46 PM
That's usually Lebron though, he either coasts the first 3 quarters and shows up for 4th, or has a good start to a game and goes missing in the 4th.

Not to discredit how he played against OKC, but he felt comfortable against that team. He is best buddies with Durant and they matched up pretty well against them. Durant looked overpowered and helpless against lebron.

Every player plays in runs... He was great in game 4 and game 6.

PickernRoller
08-28-2013, 04:25 AM
All I remember was the dude disappearing for most of the game - appearing late in the third, early in the 4th - then in the last minute and half bricking the game tying shot (wasted possession) as well as turning the ball over - like 2 times (two more wasted possessions) and that kind of play carrying into overtime. Ray Allen and Bosh saved his @ss from total oblivion. Not that him winning means anything to real basketball fans - we all know he's the biggest fraud of all time. That game fits perfectly with the word: carried!

TheMilkyBarKid
08-28-2013, 04:30 AM
All I remember was the dude disappearing for most of the game - appearing late in the third, early in the 4th - then in the last minute and half bricking the game tying shot (wasted possession) as well as turning the ball over - like 2 times (two more wasted possessions) and that kind of play carrying into overtime. Ray Allen and Bosh saved his @ss from total oblivion. Not that him winning means anything to real basketball fans - we all know he's the biggest fraud of all time. That game fits perfectly with the word: carried!
You sound mad buddy

All Net
08-28-2013, 04:36 AM

Seriously shut up already you are like a broken record.

TheMilkyBarKid
08-28-2013, 05:13 AM
How I am mad? Speaking the truth is Mad...

Not my fault you all are a sensitive bunch. Deal with the truth....

Fact is Lebron has 2 rings. Fact also is that he was carried to one, while winning another in a fluke season against his summer BFF.

I say f'ck yourself?
Calm down man, all that anger cant be good for you. Does mj's 93 ring not count cos he won it against his golf buddy?

poido123
08-28-2013, 08:04 AM

This is the most angriest outburst I've seen from you ever :lol

It should be noted that it was a fellow Laker fan no less. You made my day :cheers:

poido123
08-28-2013, 08:07 AM

Listen, I get what you're saying. But there comes a time where it becomes old and even I have come to terms with Heat winning the last two years, sucks I know. Fair enough if someone is insulting you, but you are bringing this up like its breaking news.

You only ever need to bring this shit up if your getting an immature response from a troll.:confusedshrug:

All Net
08-28-2013, 01:24 PM
This is the most angriest outburst I've seen from you ever :lol

It should be noted that it was a fellow Laker fan no less. You made my day :cheers:

And as A laker fan it is embarrassing to see..and it's for one reason and its because Kobe stans hate Lebron.just annoying to see.its part of the reason why laker fans get a bad rep.

zoom17
08-28-2013, 01:32 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

KG215
08-28-2013, 02:01 PM

Stole this from RealGM

LeBron James: Iso - Make 2 and 1
LeBron James: off screen - make 2
LeBron James: iso - miss 2
LeBron James: iso - make 3
LeBron James: P&R - Turnover
LeBron James: P&R - Make 2
LeBron James: Post-up - Miss 2
LeBron James: Post-up - Miss 2
LeBron James: P&R - Make 2
LeBron James: Post up - foul
LeBron James: iso - Miss 2
LeBron James: post up - Miss 2
LeBron James: post up - make 2
LeBron James - post up - miss 2
LeBron James: spot up - miss 2
LeBron James: post up - miss 2
LeBron James: jumper - make 2
LeBron James: spot up - miss 3
LeBron James: spot up - miss 3
LeBron James: iso - turnover
LeBron James: iso - miss 3
LeBron James: P&R - turnover

LBJ shot 9/27, or 33% when matched up with KD. Durant also defended LeBron on a greater percentage of possessions than vice versa.

Legends66NBA7
08-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Stole this from RealGM

Durant also defended LeBron on a greater percentage of possessions than vice versa.

What were the results of the LeBron guarding Durant ?

TheGreatDeraj
08-28-2013, 02:10 PM
When you say other all time great wing players I sure hope you don't mean kobe. Lebron has clearly been the better playoff performer.

Kobe is included. Jordan, Kobe, Bird and Magic are better than Lebron.

Kobe has never been scared to shoot a jumper that cost his team a title until his teammate hits a miracle three with seconds left.

Those first 6 games were so painful for basketball fans. Everyone knew Lebron was good enough to take those shots but for some reason he killed the offense by not doing it.

KG215
08-28-2013, 02:21 PM
What were the results of the LeBron guarding Durant ?
Not sure. It was in a thread on the PC board about Durant's defense. I remember seeing the numbers at one point, and LeBron did a good job on Durant, too. I know Durant shot the best against Battier.

Sheik1287
08-28-2013, 09:47 PM
And as A laker fan it is embarrassing to see..and it's for one reason and its because Kobe stans hate Lebron.just annoying to see.its part of the reason why laker fans get a bad rep.
Agreed. I don't see why Kobe stans have to be insecure about Kobe's greatness.

juju151111
08-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Stole this from RealGM
Funny how history gets changed. I remember watching that series and KD played LJ pretty good. Commentator acted like LJ was destroying KD because he made a couple of basket. Reminded me of how retarded Kobetards think Pippen was the primary defender on Mj during the 91 finals.

LongLiveTheKing
08-28-2013, 10:27 PM

Kobe has never been scared to shoot a jumper that cost his team a title until his teammate hits a miracle three with seconds left.

Those first 6 games were so painful for basketball fans. Everyone knew Lebron was good enough to take those shots but for some reason he killed the offense by not doing it.
Lebron took a 3 before Ray Allen.

KG215
08-28-2013, 11:47 PM
Funny how history gets changed. I remember watching that series and KD played LJ pretty good. Commentator acted like LJ was destroying KD because he made a couple of basket.
Thing is, the series just happened last year. Yet, people think LeBron destroyed Durant and Durant couldn't guard him without getting in foul trouble. Stole this from that same thread no RealGM:

Durant was in foul trouble in game 2, he picked up 5 fouls
Foul 1-6:58 Shooting foul by K. Durant (drawn by C. Bosh)
Foul 2-3:30 Shooting foul by K. Durant (drawn by D. Wade)
Foul 3-10:05.0 Offensive charge foul by K. Durant (drawn by S. Battier)
Foul 4-3:31.0 Shooting foul by K. Durant (drawn by L. James)
Foul 5-10:31.0 Loose ball foul by K. Durant (drawn by U. Haslem)

Durant picked up 5 fouls in game 3 as well
Foul 1-4:23 Offensive charge foul by K. Durant (drawn by D. Wade)
Foul 2-:50.4 Shooting foul by K. Durant (drawn by L. James)
Foul 3-6:58 Shooting foul by K. Durant (drawn by C. Bosh)
Foul 4-5:41 Shooting foul by K. Durant (drawn by D. Wade)
Foul 5-3:47 Shooting foul by K. Durant (drawn by L. James)

In game 2 he only had 2 fouls in the 1st half but picked up his 3rd foul early in the 3rd quarter and his 4th foul later in the 3rd quarter. Still, out of those 4 fouls, only 1 of them came when he was guarding LeBron.

Game 3 was the same thing. He had 2 fouls in the 1st half and picked up 2 more in the 3rd quarter. But, as in game 2, he picked up just 1 of those 4 fouls guarding LeBron.

And, in total, of the 10 fouls he was whistled for in those 2 games, 3 were courtesy of LeBron. But common perception seems to be that Durant couldn't guard LeBron without getting into foul trouble.

TheWalkman
08-29-2013, 12:13 AM
Got over it pretty quickly, would have been tougher if Lebron was the one who hit the three instead of Allen. But, considering most Lebron stans were calling sweeps before the series, and it took a miracle three and bad coaching to force a game seven, definitely made it hurt less.

zoom17
08-29-2013, 12:20 AM
Got over it pretty quickly, would have been tougher if Lebron was the one who hit the three instead of Allen. But, considering most Lebron stans were calling sweeps before the series, and it took a miracle three and bad coaching to force a game seven, definitely made it hurt less.

who said it would be a sweep if anything the spurs had the momentum after sweeping the grizzs and had lots of rest before playing the Heat.

red1
08-29-2013, 12:22 AM

Kobe is a better jumpshooter than lebron but that might just be his only advantage. I would take kobe over lebron for a game winning jumpshot as would anyone else with a brain but lebron might just be better at every other aspect of basketball that comes after jumpshooting. I would take lebron over kobe any day for a decisive game. Lebron is the better playoff performer and is just as clutch.

PickernRoller
08-29-2013, 01:10 AM

Lol grow up. ISH ain't life - people need to get real with their act here. "Give Laker fans a bad name" SMH....:lol :lol :roll:

I could give two f'cks about Lebron or Kobe. After all, when have I made a thread here? I'm merely responding to trolling. But like I said, I am not surprised at the plethora of retards here....all kinds, from the righteous ones to the crazy loonies - in the end it's the same disease - there are just those afraid of showing it.