PDA

View Full Version : Super-skilled 16 year old will be the next best Euro prospect since Dirk...

tgan3
08-27-2013, 05:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYU7cDI2SYE

His 6'6 and has a knack for scoring. Natural talent, just needs to put on some muscle once he gets to the league.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

BoutPractice
08-27-2013, 05:33 AM
I saw a lot of Jerry West and Drazen Petrovic in that video. I hope he gets a nickname, because his actual name is impossible to memorize.

Wavves
08-27-2013, 05:38 AM
In b4 Euroleage comes in and calls him a scrub and then mentions something about Georgios Papagiannisapulisapoopoolis

BoutPractice
08-27-2013, 05:40 AM
By the way, am I the only one who found the wide open miss by number 4 at 5:24 hilarious?

deja vu
08-27-2013, 05:53 AM
A lot of Euros have been called the "next Dirk." Still too early to compare this kid to Dirk Gawd. :lol

Edit: My bad. I thought the title is the "next Dirk." :lol

WindmiLL
08-27-2013, 05:53 AM
By the way, am I the only one who found the wide open miss by number 4 at 5:24 hilarious?

No, you're not the only one :roll:

sundizz
08-27-2013, 06:08 AM
How is he the next Dirk? He's 16...he may not grow much more. If he gets to 6'8 then he's not gonna even have a chance to be anywhere as good as Dirk. He's not quick enough even at 6'6. If he's 7 feet+ by 20 then yeah he's got good skills.

BoutPractice
08-27-2013, 06:27 AM
No one said he was the next Dirk. He's a prototypical SG with all the skills you ask for in the position... in fact he has the potential to be one of the best SGs of his generation.

Miserio
08-27-2013, 06:37 AM
What about Dante Exum?

Nash
08-27-2013, 07:50 AM
Jimmer

SpurrDurr
08-27-2013, 07:50 AM
I hope not, who can spell that name :lol

andremiller07
08-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Jimmer
He's already better than Jimmer, the fact he's 6'6 and a decent athlete with a good stroke right now makes him better than Jimmer, I assume he would be a better defender as well.

But I like the look of him and whoever said he's not quick enough to play in the NBA has no idea what they are talking about. Sure he's on the slower side of the SG's but his skills from what I can see will translate in particular in 2-3 years. That drive down the middle and Manu like step's/finish was nice he actually has a bit of Evan Fournier to him although from the highlights I didn't see what kind of playmaker he is.

jzek
08-27-2013, 08:41 AM
That's what they said too about Tskisitishvili (or however you spell it)

HomieWeMajor
08-27-2013, 08:44 AM
He could probably start for an Euro league team now.

Eric Cartman
08-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Ib4 Euroleague calls him one of the worst defenders in Europe.

pauk
08-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Highlights... but he does look good, we shall see.

millwad
08-27-2013, 11:59 AM
Ludvig H

chips93
08-27-2013, 12:10 PM
i cant really get excited about any prospects until they are at least in their junior year of HS (or equivalent)

hes only 15, and has a long ways to go before he gets to the nba

What about Dante Exum?

hes australian

Peteballa
08-27-2013, 12:36 PM
Looks very talented. Oh and shoutout to the guy who missed the wide open layup.

3peated
08-27-2013, 12:46 PM
will be? or could be? idiot.

mr beast
08-27-2013, 12:55 PM
looks good and talented at 16, he is more of a shoot guarding rather than Dirk type of palyer. nice stroke, decent ball handling and atheltic , hopefully he makes it out to the NBA some day and let's see how he fairs

JimmyMcAdocious
08-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Check out the shoulders on that kid. He must he flew right out of his mother.

FatComputerNerd
08-27-2013, 04:25 PM
White Jesus

Fiba basketball
08-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Looks very talented. Oh and shoutout to the guy who missed the wide open layup.

That was Stefan Peno, he was MVP of the turnament.

I watched 2nd half of this game and was impressed by Mykhailiuk but his team was bad so I'm curious how good can he be on a good team. Anyway it's clear that he is talented but it's too early to tell how good will he became, many players that dominated in youth didn't became good on seniore lvl.

Johnny Jones
08-27-2013, 05:09 PM
That was Stefan Peno, he was MVP of the turnament.

I watched 2nd half of this game and was impressed by Mykhailiuk but his team was bad so I'm curious how good can he be on a good team. Anyway it's clear that he is talented but it's too early to tell how good will he became, many players that dominated in youth didn't became good on seniore lvl.
How is Mykhailkuk's defense?

ralph_i_el
08-27-2013, 05:16 PM
damn that kid is the definition of smooth for a 16 year old. Great pull up jumper. Doesn't get to the rim?

SyRyanYang
08-27-2013, 05:20 PM
What about Dante Exum?
Dude, Australia is not... never mind:facepalm

ILLsmak
08-27-2013, 06:43 PM
I like that. He balls.

I think the issue is just staying mentally tough and not letting physicality bother him because that's what people are gonna do to try to stop him.

-Smak

Fiba basketball
08-27-2013, 07:49 PM
How is Mykhailkuk's defense?

Sorry but I didn't pay attention to it, I only watched the game because I wanted to see how good Peno is and noticed Mykhailiuk because he had some great dunk. Also at the time I started watching it was clear that Serbia will win so no one tried much on defense on both teams.

Noyze
08-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Any Euro doing a tomahawk dunk in traffic gets my vote. Usually they are too soft or not athletic enough to do some of the things he did in this vid.

Maga_1
08-27-2013, 08:23 PM
He is a huge talent, his evolution this year was tremendous.
In 2012 he scored 7ppg in the U16 Euro, this year he was at 26ppg, 8rpg and 4apg.. He wasn't the MVP because Ukraine was 10th.
His defense is solid, not his best quality but he can play D when asked for. His main weapon it's the offensive skills way ahead of his age.

Peno (the guy who missed the layup) will be the best player born in 1997 in Europe. He is already playing for Barcelona youth squads, a very strong PG with court vision that can shot the lights out.
Check this play - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmEA2nKmP7I

wally_world
08-27-2013, 08:48 PM
how do you even pronounce that name

Fiba basketball
08-27-2013, 08:56 PM
In 2012 he scored 7ppg in the U16 Euro, this year he was at 26ppg, 8rpg and 4apg.. He wasn't the MVP because Ukraine was 10th.
His defense is solid, not his best quality but he can play D when asked for. His main weapon it's the offensive skills way ahead of his age.

Peno (the guy who missed the layup) will be the best player born in 1997 in Europe. He is already playing for Barcelona youth squads, a very strong PG with court vision that can shot the lights out.

Do you think he will be solid defensive players in senior basketball ? Also you think Peno will be better ?

I didn't like what I saw from Peno, he has talent but he played withoute energy and didn't even trie. On the othere hand I loved what I saw from him against Germany, he scored 20+ and shot 5/6 for 3 or something like that.

Funnyfuka
08-27-2013, 10:51 PM
shoot release is sloooow, he d get blocked everytime in the nba. Also he s playing against weaker young white dudes, he d get crushed by athletic juiced afro americans.

madmax
08-28-2013, 09:51 AM
he's very impressive and skilled for a 15 year old skinny euro:applause:
reminds me of the late Drazen and right handed Ginobili with his drives to the rim - if he continues to develop at a fast rate, soon he will the best european wing prospect since the days of Petrovic

Shade8780
08-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Give me three years, and people will be making a thread about me with this exact name :pimp:

Euroleague
08-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Any Euro doing a tomahawk dunk in traffic gets my vote. Usually they are too soft or not athletic enough to do some of the things he did in this vid.

WTF is this bullshit?

He's not anything special athletically by European standards. Where the hell do you creeps come up with this stuff?

Euroleague
08-28-2013, 10:59 AM

I see Mazalin and Papagiannis as much bigger talents than those two.

dirkdiggler41
08-28-2013, 11:50 AM
shoot release is sloooow, he d get blocked everytime in the nba. Also he s playing against weaker young white dudes, he d get crushed by athletic juiced afro americans.

Its not quik, but there its so slow that he wont be able to get it off in the NBA.

Ohh, and it seems like you are a troll.

East_Stone_Ya
08-28-2013, 12:13 PM
gordan giricek

Maga_1
08-28-2013, 12:22 PM
I like the way people are posting stuff about a kid who is just 16 years old about the way he's going to play in NBA... if i was him i would be flattered to even put me in that regard :lol .

Peno is a terrific player, lot of ofensive skills for a pure point guard he just needs to develop his athletic ability but i think that will come along with the age since he doesn't need to builk it up already.

Mazaalin is probably the most ready already out of this three, his 44 point performance this last U16 was tremendous. Brilliant showcase by a youngster in terms of how to read the defense.

upside24
08-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Love his game. Really hope he comes to the NBA, but like others have said, that name is impossible to pronounce.

Nice handle, sweet stroke and an intelligent player. He is impressive to be 16.

Maga_1
08-28-2013, 12:44 PM
People call him "The Ukraniane Petrovic".

Euroleague
08-28-2013, 01:16 PM
People call him "The Ukraniane Petrovic".

That makes no sense at all. His game is nothing at all like Petrovic's game was.

I would say he plays more like a combo of Rudy Fernandez and Ramunas Siskauskas. Not as good as Siska though.

Fiba basketball
08-28-2013, 01:57 PM
That makes no sense at all. His game is nothing at all like Petrovic's game was.

I would say he plays more like a combo of Rudy Fernandez and Ramunas Siskauskas. Not as good as Siska though.
Ofcourse he isn't better than Siska, he is just 16 years old. I would compare him to Danilovic he can shoot and is a good dunker but he will probably never be as good of a defensive player like Danilovic was.

BoutPractice
08-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Siskauskas? Don't get me wrong, I love Siskauskas and think he's extremely underrated, but I just don't see it. I can't imagine him being able to play multiple positions at the next level like he was.

DStebb716
08-28-2013, 02:45 PM
He double dribbles like four times and it's not called. He looks like another lanky white kid who will flop in the NBA.

I mean he looks solid. But I don't see him being able to do these slow crossovers or high dribbling in the NBA. Bostjan Nachbar.

Euroleague
08-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Siskauskas? Don't get me wrong, I love Siskauskas and think he's extremely underrated, but I just don't see it. I can't imagine him being able to play multiple positions at the next level like he was.

I clearly said Siska but not as good as Siska. So what is your point?

If you are saying this kid is better than Siska then I don't even know where to begin.

Euroleague
08-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Ofcourse he isn't better than Siska, he is just 16 years old. I would compare him to Danilovic he can shoot and is a good dunker but he will probably never be as good of a defensive player like Danilovic was.

No, Danilovic was a much better shooter, and this kid is more athletic. This guy is more like Rudy in athleticism. Not elite athleticism, but very good.

Euroleague
08-28-2013, 03:47 PM
He double dribbles like four times and it's not called. He looks like another lanky white kid who will flop in the NBA.

I mean he looks solid. But I don't see him being able to do these slow crossovers or high dribbling in the NBA. Bostjan Nachbar.

WTF? Nachbar is spot shooter basically.

Fiba basketball
08-28-2013, 03:57 PM
No, Danilovic was a much better shooter, and this kid is more athletic. This guy is more like Rudy in athleticism. Not elite athleticism, but very good.

As I said he's 16 what makes you think he won't improve his shooting.

WindmiLL
08-28-2013, 04:06 PM
WTF? Nachbar is spot shooter basically.

Maybe at this point of his career. In his prime he was much more than just a spot up shooter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKMXXYd7C5Y

Euroleague
08-28-2013, 04:50 PM
As I said he's 16 what makes you think he won't improve his shooting.

I didn't say he wouldn't. But he is using an awful lot of pull ups and mid range shots and that's not going to make him a better shooter.

A lot of that stuff won't work at the top level. It reminds me of Belineli. He was playing something like that when he was younger, and now he's mostly a spot up shooter, because that stuff didn't work.

The only perimeter player in Europe that is scoring a lot from mid range and in the paint area with jumpers and on those step back jumpers and stuff like that now is Spanoulis. He's pretty much the only one now.

That's why Belineli stayed in the NBA. Because the NBA values spot shooters at wing position much more than in Euroleague.

For now this Ukrainian kid probably keeps playing that way for the next 2-3 years, which won't really develop his outside shot that much.

Still, if he can be Rudy plus the ability to finish his own shot, then that is something. Rudy could be great, if he could actually finish his own shot creations even just a little bit.

Euroleague
08-28-2013, 04:51 PM
Maybe at this point of his career. In his prime he was much more than just a spot up shooter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKMXXYd7C5Y

Nachbar has never done anything much more than spot shooting and dunking in transition or off a head fake.

That's basically it. He has absolutely no similarity by a country mile and then some to this player.

SyRyanYang
08-28-2013, 04:57 PM
I didn't say he wouldn't. But he is using an awful lot of pull ups and mid range shots and that's not going to make him a better shooter.

A lot of that stuff won't work at the top level. It reminds me of Belineli. He was playing something like that when he was younger, and now he's mostly a spot up shooter, because that stuff didn't work.

The only perimeter player in Europe that is scoring a lot from mid range and in the paint area with jumpers and on those step back jumpers and stuff like that now is Spanoulis. He's pretty much the only one now.

That's why Belineli stayed in the NBA. Because the NBA values spot shooters at wing position much more than in Euroleague.

For now this Ukrainian kid probably keeps playing that way for the next 2-3 years, which won't really develop his outside shot that much.

Still, if he can be Rudy plus the ability to finish his own shot, then that is something. Rudy could be great, if he could actually finish his own shot creations even just a little bit.

This is actually some great analysis, only if you didn't mention Spanoulis.

Maga_1
08-28-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm not actually saying that he plays like Petrovic, i'm just saying what i read on Eurohoops and other websites after the u16 tournament.

Personally i like Mazaalin a lot more, but i can see this ukraniane kid develop a lot more than him since his athletic ability is tremendous for his age.

I know that they don't play similar styles but, Nemanja Nedovic at age 16?

Euroleague
08-28-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm not actually saying that he plays like Petrovic, i'm just saying what i read on Eurohoops and other websites after the u16 tournament.

Personally i like Mazaalin a lot more, but i can see this ukraniane kid develop a lot more than him since his athletic ability is tremendous for his age.

I know that they don't play similar styles but, Nemanja Nedovic at age 16?

No. I still see a mix of young Siska and Rudy. As for Petro, he played much more as a passer and a long distance shooter.

Those sites are just being stupid and trying to hype this kid up. Like how they said Rubio was like Maravich even though he's not a scorer, or that Rubio was like Nash, even though he can't shoot.

It's just stupid hype nonsense.

This kid is definitely talented, but he's obviously a totally different style player than Petrovic was.

On this '97 generation...don't overlook Antonis Koniaris. He has a lot of potential.

Johnny Jones
08-28-2013, 06:27 PM
No. I still see a mix of young Siska and Rudy. As for Petro, he played much more as a passer and a long distance shooter.

Those sites are just being stupid and trying to hype this kid up. Like how they said Rubio was like Maravich even though he's not a scorer, or that Rubio was like Nash, even though he can't shoot.

It's just stupid hype nonsense.

This kid is definitely talented, but he's obviously a totally different style player than Petrovic was.

On this '97 generation...don't overlook Antonis Koniaris. He has a lot of potential.
:applause:

Why dont you post like this more?

Nick Young
08-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Will they build a statue for him like they did with Anthony Parker?
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-GaxYT56Bpb8/T1R4dERJYRI/AAAAAAAADMQ/4dBb6RDj6Jc/s800/AP%2520statue.jpg

Fiba basketball
08-29-2013, 05:34 AM
Maga you didn't awnser me. Since you seem to know a lot about young players do you think Peno will be better than Mykhailiuk ?

Also who are the best players in 96 generation ? I watched some of the games but I didn't see any great talent in Serbian NT.

fiddy
08-29-2013, 06:27 AM
I see Mazalin and Papagiannis as much bigger talents than those two.
Annoying greek fakkit go **** your cousin.

RoseCity07
08-29-2013, 06:44 AM
The kid looks good but Rudy Fernandez looked like the next Manu in the Olympics. It's hard to judge when players playing in Europe. I'm pretty sure Brandon Jennings was trash in Euro league.

Euroleague
08-29-2013, 06:49 AM
The kid looks good but Rudy Fernandez looked like the next Manu in the Olympics. It's hard to judge when players playing in Europe. I'm pretty sure Brandon Jennings was trash in Euro league.

That's total BS.

dr.hee
08-29-2013, 07:16 AM
That's total BS.

Nope, this is:

I am hearing very big rumors in Greece that two NBA teams, Indiana Pacers and Philadelphia 76ers want Vassilis Spanoulis.

From what I hear the Pacers want him to be a rotation player, with a chance to take over as the starter at point guard, while the 76ers are offering him the starting position, with a guarantee that he starts the whole season.

The Pacers are offering more money though, but with a big salary cut from what he is being offered by big European clubs. However, it is still a good salary.

The 76ers are offering less money, but hoping he takes the offer, because he would be guaranteed to be the team's starting point guard.

If Spanoulis wants to come back to the NBA he can this next season. None of this can happen until July 11th, when he officially becomes a free agent.

But the word is big that after the Euroleague Final Four, he was given the offers by both NBA teams, and that he is still thinking about it.

But since he has 3 young kids, and a newborn baby, it might not be possible.

I said there were 2 NBA teams offered him starting spots and contracts. This is after the fact.

It was the Lakers and the Mavs if you must know.

:lol

Euroleague
08-29-2013, 07:22 AM
Nope, this is:

:lol

Go suck off your dog.

Fresh Kid
08-29-2013, 07:24 AM
damn what happen to rudy by tha way:biggums:

dr.hee
08-29-2013, 07:28 AM
Go suck off your dog.

I'd love to, but I'm not finished with your last suggestion, which was this

Go jack it to a poster of Cuban.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'd also like to suck off them greek sources, but you never provide any:confusedshrug:

Fresh Kid
08-29-2013, 07:29 AM
Go suck off your dog.
:biggums:

Rooster
08-29-2013, 11:39 AM
damn what happen to rudy by tha way:biggums:

Rudy was Euroleague MVP runner up last year.:roll:

Scrubs are flocking together:cheers:

And dominating that minor league:oldlol:

DCL
08-29-2013, 11:52 AM
but let's see him vs. black guys. :oldlol:

Rooster
08-29-2013, 12:00 PM
but let's see him vs. black guys. :oldlol:

I don't think that kid is better than Bob Sura. Those Euros are just slow and unathletic and soft. Any Americans with average athleticism will look like Jordan in Europe. Just look at Anthony Parker, they were all calling him the European Jordan.:oldlol: :roll:

Dr.J4ever
08-29-2013, 12:43 PM

I'd also like to suck off them greek sources, but you never provide any:confusedshrug:
From one doctor to another... good job!

Le Shaqtus
08-29-2013, 02:00 PM

he recently said that every NBA team offered him a contract too :roll: