PDA

View Full Version : J.r. smith on paul pierce, "he bitter"

Knicksfever2010
08-31-2013, 09:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9619752/jr-smith-new-york-knicks-calls-paul-pierce-bitter

LOVEEEEE it. Cant wait to see how Pierce reacts when Knick fans take over the barclays

Jameerthefear
08-31-2013, 09:51 PM
nets >>>>> knicks

Heavincent
08-31-2013, 09:57 PM
Bitter about what?

NewYorkNoPicks
08-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Bitter about what?

About the Knicks putting the nail in the coffin of the "Big 3" Celtics.

Jameerthefear
08-31-2013, 10:02 PM
About the Knicks putting the nail in the coffin on the "Big 3" Celtics.
uh no lol. paul pierce doesn't give a fvck about the Knicks :lol

CelticBaller
08-31-2013, 10:02 PM
Funny becuase Jr smith was a huge reason why the Celtics didn't get swept

NewYorkNoPicks
08-31-2013, 10:04 PM
uh no lol. paul pierce doesn't give a fvck about the Knicks :lol

wtf... he was in the paper the other day saying these exact words "Everyone knows how much I've always hated the Knicks"

Link will be on here shortly to make you look foolish

edit:

"I think the hate [for the Knicks] has grown a little. Everybody knows how much I disliked the Knicks when I was with the Celtics, but I think it's grown to another level," Pierce said on ESPN NewYork 98.7 FM's "The Michael Kay Show" on Thursday. "I think it's time for the Nets to start running this city."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9551764/paul-pierce-says-brooklyn-nets-start-running-new-york

Jameerthefear
08-31-2013, 10:07 PM
wtf... he was in the paper the other day saying these exact words "Everyone knows how much I've always hated the Knicks"

Link will be on here shortly to make you look foolish

edit:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9551764/paul-pierce-says-brooklyn-nets-start-running-new-york
just trying to fuel a one-sided rivalry. the knicks never denied him a chip. they've been irrelevant.

Heavincent
08-31-2013, 10:09 PM
About the Knicks putting the nail in the coffin of the "Big 3" Celtics.

Rondo getting injured was the nail in the coffin, not the Knicks.

NewYorkNoPicks
08-31-2013, 10:09 PM
just trying to fuel a one-sided rivalry. the knicks never denied him a chip. they've been irrelevant.

What does that mean? He's always hated the Knicks for years... he taunts the crowd. Knick fans have despised him forever.

Stop grasping at straws. You were wrong. Deal with it and shut the fvk up

Thorn
08-31-2013, 10:10 PM
in b4 dictator stern fines both clubs $100 million for "not settling down"

NewYorkNoPicks
08-31-2013, 10:12 PM
Rondo getting injured was the nail in the coffin, not the Knicks.

So close to a sweep without Rondo...they still would've lost the series.

And you want to talk about injuries?

Chandler was playing with a SPINAL INJURY

New York Knicks center Tyson Chandler is unlikely to return from a bulging disk in his cervical spine on Wednesday against the Memphis Grizzlies, according to Marc Berman of the New York Post. Even worse, Chandler said that he has been experiencing sensations down into his shoulder, a sign that the injury may be a bit more severe than initially thought.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/3/27/4152374/tyson-chandler-injury-update-knicks-grizzlies

Melo was playing with a TORN LIGAMENT IN HIS SHOULDER, a shoulder that kept dislocating.

An MRI of Anthony’s shoulder revealed a partially torn labrum, according to a Knicks source, and he may need surgery. The Knicks are hopeful that the injury will heal on its own and the club has told Anthony to rest for the next three to four weeks, at which point he will be reevaluated.

Read more:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/mri-shows-melo-torn-labrum-left-shoulder-article-1.1352182#ixzz2dbSrvWdQ

Amare couldn't move.

So kiss my fvkin as$ with the injuries bs. Knicks were more banged up and we easily handled them for 3 games before JR started drinking all night

Jameerthefear
What does that mean? He's always hated the Knicks for years... he taunts the crowd. Knick fans have despised him forever.

Stop grasping at straws. You were wrong. Deal with it and shut the fvk up
blah blah blah knicks suck sorry :D

FiveRings
We all know the Knicks run New York. Good for them I guess :confusedshrug:

Doesn't quite make up for the reality that the Nets are a much more talented team right now.

NewYorkNoPicks
08-31-2013, 10:18 PM
blah blah blah knicks suck sorry :D

That's exactly what a 5 year old does when he's lost an argument, has no other valid retort left, and refuses to accept reality.

Jameerthefear
08-31-2013, 10:20 PM
That's exactly what a 5 year old does when he's lost an argument, has no other valid retort left, and refuses to accept reality.
well reality is that the Nets are better then the Knicks. sorry man.

NewYorkNoPicks
08-31-2013, 10:22 PM
well reality is that the Nets are better then the Knicks. sorry man.

That's fine. Was I arguing that?

All I said was JR's bitter comment was in reference to the Knicks eliminating the Celtics, which then led to the dismantlement of the team and the end of that era in Boston.

I also said Pierce has hated the Knicks for years...a fact which you denied but one that can be easily verified by using google.

The JKidd Kid
08-31-2013, 10:37 PM
That's fine. Was I arguing that?

All I said was JR's bitter comment was in reference to the Knicks eliminating the Celtics, which then led to the dismantlement of the team and the end of that era in Boston.

I also said Pierce has hated the Knicks for years...a fact which you denied but one that can be easily verified by using google.

It didnt lead to the dismantlement at all. It was Rondos injury and the fact that they were a .500 team for the entire season and wouldn't have made the playoffs if the east wasn't so weak.

NewYorkNoPicks
08-31-2013, 10:38 PM
It didnt lead to the dismantlement at all. It was Rondos injury and the fact that they were a .500 team for the entire season and wouldn't have made the playoffs if the east wasn't so weak.

COOL STORY BRO. I'm done arguing with you guys for the night.

ballup
08-31-2013, 11:13 PM
Pierce already getting to the head of JR. :oldlol:

Graviton
08-31-2013, 11:26 PM
COOL STORY BRO. I'm done arguing with you guys for the night.
http://i43.tinypic.com/148eqmh.gif

tmacattack33
08-31-2013, 11:46 PM
LOL at the Knicks.

Most pathetic franchise in sports given the city they are from and the advantages they have over small market teams besides maybe the Clippers.

Dr. Ice
09-01-2013, 12:03 AM
If i was a knicks fan i wouldnt even humor the nets. Everyone already knows the nets own nothing so why even bother talking about them?

kNicKz
09-01-2013, 12:09 AM
I find boston's record with Rondo before the injury intriguing

Horde of Temujin
09-01-2013, 12:22 AM
So close to a sweep without Rondo...they still would've lost the series.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/3/27/4152374/tyson-chandler-injury-update-knicks-grizzlies

Melo was playing with a TORN LIGAMENT IN HIS SHOULDER, a shoulder that kept dislocating.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/mri-shows-melo-torn-labrum-left-shoulder-article-1.1352182#ixzz2dbSrvWdQ

Amare couldn't move.

So kiss my fvkin as$ with the injuries bs. Knicks were more banged up and we easily handled them for 3 games before JR started drinking all night

Knicks suck, will continue to be so as long Dolan is owner. The Knicks are out Hawking the Hawks.

Dionysus
09-01-2013, 12:46 AM
We all know the Knicks run New York. Good for them I guess :confusedshrug: .

How can you "run a city" yet haven't won a title in 41yrs?:lol

kNicKz
09-01-2013, 12:54 AM

Who runs London?

:roll:

kNicKz
09-01-2013, 12:56 AM
I think these guys might

http://hodja.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/islamic_rage_boy.jpg

ProfessorMurder
09-01-2013, 12:57 AM
I find boston's record with Rondo before the injury intriguing

Oh you mean their record without Avery Bradley and a Jeff Green who missed an entire year because of heart surgery?

Green wasn't 100% until April. Bradley missed the first 20 games.

13/20 players on the team hadn't played there the year before.

Don't act like they improved drastically without Rondo. They were slightly under 500 until he was hurt, then played about 500 without him. They had one of the worst offenses in the league without him.

kNicKz
09-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Avery Bradley and Jeff Green....

Dudes are starting to act like Amare played for the knicks last year talking about our opponents being plagued with injury. We had a 35 year old rookie point guard starting at SG...try harder

Sarcastic
09-01-2013, 01:01 AM

What did the Nets win?

The JKidd Kid
09-01-2013, 01:16 AM
What did the Nets win?

A title in 76, Only 37 years ago. Knicks only own the city cause the majority of the fans are dillusional and overly optimistic.

The JKidd Kid
09-01-2013, 01:19 AM

Dudes are starting to act like Amare played for the knicks last year talking about our opponents being plagued with injury. We had a 35 year old rookie point guard starting at SG...try harder

You're acting like Amare isn't the most injury prone player in the league. You can't bitch about injury prone players being injured, it just doesn't work that way.

Sarcastic
09-01-2013, 01:20 AM
A title in 76, Only 37 years ago. Knicks only own the city cause the majority of the fans are dillusional and overly optimistic.

:lol ABA

ClutchOver9000
09-01-2013, 01:42 AM

Only 37 yrs ago?

So 41 yrs since the Knicks last championship is an unbelievably long time (which it is btw) but 37 yrs since the Nets last title isn't that far removed? You know its simply a four year difference right? :lol

Lets be honest. It boils down to this; its 2 teams that share a city. Both have been ass forever but one has a widespread, loyal, rabid, and entrenched fan-base to go along w/ it.

Kevin_Garnett_5
09-01-2013, 01:56 AM
:oldlol: I think the Knicks run their mouths more than any non-championship team ever. These guys literally haven't done shit worth noting and they act like they're a dynasty.

PickernRoller
09-01-2013, 02:47 AM
Given the decades drought in NY whichever team wins a ring first will dictate a lot in NY. In terms of fanbase, attendance and pop talk. They'll have to deal with the Pacers, the Bulls and ultimately the Heat to really do anything.

Hittin_Shots
09-01-2013, 03:29 AM
Knicks without amare > Knicks with amare.

DCL
09-01-2013, 03:31 AM
if you're not bitter, you're not competitive.

Sarcastic
09-01-2013, 03:34 AM
Given the decades drought in NY whichever team wins a ring first will dictate a lot in NY. In terms of fanbase, attendance and pop talk. They'll have to deal with the Pacers, the Bulls and ultimately the Heat to really do anything.

It's hysterical seeing non NYers talk about NY sports. Mike Bossy and the NY Islanders won 4 straight Stanley Cups from 1980-1983, yet their accomplishments pale in comparison to what Mark Messier did with the 1994 NY Rangers. Mark Messier is still a God in NY to this day, whereas most people couldn't pick Bossy out of a lineup.

NY sports will always go in this order:
1 Yankees
2/3 Giants
3/2 Knicks
4 Rangers

The Knicks and Giants are swappable depending on geographic.

Real Men Wear Green
09-01-2013, 06:18 AM
So close to a sweep without Rondo...they still would've lost the series.4-2 is not close to a sweep.

Amare couldn't move.

What team doesn't have banged up players at the end of the year? Stop whining. But feel free to wait for STAT to get healthy and save NY. Hold your breath for it, by all means.

b1imtf
09-01-2013, 06:40 AM
Who runs London?

Dat argument

Trentknicks
09-01-2013, 07:08 AM
As in every other thread, a (literally) 15 year old kid comes in and talks shit, then when Knicks fans respond, their overly cocky.

If a Knick made the comments Pierce made everyone would be screaming butthurt, getting a little old guys.

Hittin_Shots
09-01-2013, 07:12 AM
As in every other thread, a (literally) 15 year old kid comes in and talks shit, then when Knicks fans respond, their overly cocky.

If a Knick made the comments Pierce made everyone would be screaming butthurt, getting a little old guys.

Are you sad that no-one likes your fanbase?

Trentknicks
09-01-2013, 07:15 AM
Are you sad that no-one likes your fanbase?
Which part of aus do you live in?

Derka
09-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Loooool, JR Smith

All Net
09-01-2013, 09:07 AM
Here we go...

The JKidd Kid
09-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Only 37 yrs ago?

So 41 yrs since the Knicks last championship is an unbelievably long time (which it is btw) but 37 yrs since the Nets last title isn't that far removed? You know its simply a four year difference right? :lol

Lets be honest. It boils down to this; its 2 teams that share a city. Both have been ass forever but one has a widespread, loyal, rabid, and entrenched fan-base to go along w/ it.

But Net fans don't go around talking shit about every other team, while that's all Knicks fans do. The Nets have also been a factor in this league since Kidd arrived and were always amount the best in the east. Then they rebuilt and now they're a factor again. Knicks havnt been a factor since the 90s.

The JKidd Kid
09-01-2013, 09:36 AM
:lol ABA

The funny part is that the ABA was more competitive than the NBA. The NBA was the white men that can't jump league throughout much of the 70s. The ABA had dunking, 3 pt shot and a fast pace. It was much more similar to the moder NBA is today than the NBA was in the 70s. If we're going to discredit titles, then it should be NBA titles during that era, since it was a dramatically different game than the ABA/Modern NBA.

bluechox2
09-01-2013, 09:46 AM
nets must of sucked pretty badly then if they had to join a "water'd" down, slow paced, non modern league, and still not be able to win one since"

2 sides to every coin jkidd, lets leave this seasons team out of past accomplishments

CelticBaller
09-01-2013, 09:49 AM
:oldlol: I think the Knicks run their mouths more than any non-championship team ever. These guys literally haven't done shit worth noting and they act like they're a dynasty.
Their fans too. Its pathetic tbh, at least we won't hear from them in a few years when they become irrelevant.

niko
09-01-2013, 09:54 AM
But Net fans don't go around talking shit about every other team, while that's all Knicks fans do. The Nets have also been a factor in this league since Kidd arrived and were always amount the best in the east. Then they rebuilt and now they're a factor again. Knicks havnt been a factor since the 90s.

There are about 8 of you. There are countless more Knick fans. There are countless more Knick fans talking shit because there are just more. How would it be comparable that there would be more annoying knick fans when if 10% of Knick fans were insane, that would be larger than the whole Net fanbase?

The Net's success to me recently is always overstated, you got to the finals twice and got smoked. We got there in 1999 and got smoked. It's like the Jets, you want props for "almost winning".

All the back and forth is stupid, the one thing i do agree with is the notion the Nets called themselves "Brooklyn". I don't see how you expect the entire city to get behind the "Brooklyn" Nets. You branded yourself as a part of the city to make it easier to sell merchandise, but you don't want that to prevent everyone from embracing you. Try again.

FreezingTsmoove
09-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Lmao Knicks fans on this board are delusional

niko
09-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Have you noticed a lot of the Nets fans are Jet fans who decided they are now bball fans? I see why they think the finals appearances require applause. :cheers:

BlackWhiteGreen
09-01-2013, 10:26 AM

Jeff Green who averaged 20ppg against the Knicks in that series...

If you think Prigioni is a negative on the Knicks then you don't deserve to watch basketball.

FiveRings
09-01-2013, 11:11 AM
By default, because they have been the only ball team in NY for ages. The Nets were playing in Jersey for quite a while. This isn't like the Clippers - Lakers situation either. The Lakers have actually won recently, and a lot.

I mean, the Raptors get great support from their fans and the city of Toronto, but you don't see Raps fans bragging about that shit because Raps fans know they suck :lol Knicks fans need to look at Raptors fans as an example to follow.

niko
09-01-2013, 11:26 AM
The Nets might want to get a fanbase prior to their takeover. Barclays was MSG light last year during the Knicks/Nets game. Nets fans right now are not even sure which team to root for, the only people who brag about Nets crowds are the Nets fans on this board who never go to any games. The loudest pop i heard at a Net game last year was for a Josh Smith dunk and 1.

WELL THE NETS ARE TAKING OVER. Why? Because you'd think it's funny isn't a real reason. Because you'd like them to is not a reason. Nets will never be even close to the Knick fanbase, there isn't that same level of caring for them and the fact they branded themselves as regional and not for the whole area isn't exactly going to change that.

FiveRings
09-01-2013, 11:35 AM
The Nets might want to get a fanbase prior to their takeover. Barclays was MSG light last year during the Knicks/Nets game. Nets fans right now are not even sure which team to root for, the only people who brag about Nets crowds are the Nets fans on this board who never go to any games. The loudest pop i heard at a Net game last year was for a Josh Smith dunk and 1.

WELL THE NETS ARE TAKING OVER. Why? Because you'd think it's funny isn't a real reason. Because you'd like them to is not a reason. Nets will never be even close to the Knick fanbase, there isn't that same level of caring for them and the fact they branded themselves as regional and not for the whole area isn't exactly going to change that.
Does that make you feel better despite the Nets being much more talented right now?

Think of it this way. Toronto gets a second team. Raptors fans start bragging about how awesome the Raptors are and how the second Toronto team doesn't run the city, even though the second Toronto team has a much better chance of winning. That's what you and other Knicks fans sound like right about now, Niko.

You're really going to sit here and brag about your team having more support in the city of New York when the Nets just moved there ONE year ago? Really?

Pierce was just trying to get Nets fans excited.

Kurosawa0
09-01-2013, 11:36 AM
JR smith has to be the least likable player in the league. :facepalm

Real Men Wear Green
09-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Question: As old as Pierce is, would the Knicks still trade Smith for him if they could?

The JKidd Kid
09-01-2013, 12:20 PM
There are about 8 of you. There are countless more Knick fans. There are countless more Knick fans talking shit because there are just more. How would it be comparable that there would be more annoying knick fans when if 10% of Knick fans were insane, that would be larger than the whole Net fanbase?

The Net's success to me recently is always overstated, you got to the finals twice and got smoked. We got there in 1999 and got smoked. It's like the Jets, you want props for "almost winning".

All the back and forth is stupid, the one thing i do agree with is the notion the Nets called themselves "Brooklyn". I don't see how you expect the entire city to get behind the "Brooklyn" Nets. You branded yourself as a part of the city to make it easier to sell merchandise, but you don't want that to prevent everyone from embracing you. Try again.

No, it's just not the culture of Nets fans to go around proclaiming the Nets are better then everyone else. Nets fans are very realistic and humble and everyone on this board will agree with that. With the Knicks, there's a completely different culture. Knicks fans have this false sense of superiority over other franchises even though the Knicks are in the same boat. Lakers fans arnt half has obnoxious as Knicks fans and they're probably the most consistently great franchise in sports. I actually agree with you that the taking over New York thing is stupid, I honestly don't give a shit about having more fans in New York, I only care about being the best franchise in New York, which we are well on our way to becoming considering that Dolan and the Knicks management in general don't know what they're doing. It's not that the Knicks have more fans, it's the different culture of the fan bases.

Heavincent
09-01-2013, 12:46 PM
The Knicks can keep their popularity award. I don't really care.

niko
09-01-2013, 01:45 PM
No, it's just not the culture of Nets fans to go around proclaiming the Nets are better then everyone else. Nets fans are very realistic and humble and everyone on this board will agree with that. With the Knicks, there's a completely different culture. Knicks fans have this false sense of superiority over other franchises even though the Knicks are in the same boat. Lakers fans arnt half has obnoxious as Knicks fans and they're probably the most consistently great franchise in sports. I actually agree with you that the taking over New York thing is stupid, I honestly don't give a shit about having more fans in New York, I only care about being the best franchise in New York, which we are well on our way to becoming considering that Dolan and the Knicks management in general don't know what they're doing. It's not that the Knicks have more fans, it's the different culture of the fan bases.
There are five of you. You don't have the bandwagon jumpers, you don't have the trolls. If the Nets are good, you'll have 100 trolls on this board claiming to be Knick fans. At that point, does that make you as asshole? Because the trolls become the one's who are represent you, correct? The more popular the Nets get, the more loud and obnoxious fans you will have. It's the way it is.

Go to the Knick subforum, and tell me about how Knicks fans are obnoxious and think our team is the shit, because we don't.

The Nets fanbase in NYC seemingly could give two shits about if the Nets win or lose. That's not being reasonable and realistic, it's apathetic. Apathy is not a sign of a hardcore fanbase ready to take over.

niko
09-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Does that make you feel better despite the Nets being much more talented right now?

Think of it this way. Toronto gets a second team. Raptors fans start bragging about how awesome the Raptors are and how the second Toronto team doesn't run the city, even though the second Toronto team has a much better chance of winning. That's what you and other Knicks fans sound like right about now, Niko.

You're really going to sit here and brag about your team having more support in the city of New York when the Nets just moved there ONE year ago? Really?

Pierce was just trying to get Nets fans excited.
No, it's just you are wrong. If I say Toronto is a poor city covered by ghetto's and crime, you'd say it's not. BEcause it's wrong. Does you correcting me mean you have a complex? Are butthurt? Tayshun Prince always goes right. NO HE DOESN'T. Why do you answer? Because you're butthurt about the Pistons?

NETS ARE TAKING OVER is bullshit, so i respond. The importance of a subject doesn't mean you get to make facts up.

imdaman99
09-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Question: As old as Pierce is, would the Knicks still trade Smith for him if they could?
nope. id rather he play for a rival and get shut down/embarrassed by shumpert again :roll:

and then i would drop jr smith because i realize hes a cancer. hes been melos #2 for too long. dude is a loser with ulterior motives for playing in NY. he just wants to screw around and party, and what better place than NY? :facepalm

The JKidd Kid
09-01-2013, 02:04 PM
There are five of you. You don't have the bandwagon jumpers, you don't have the trolls. If the Nets are good, you'll have 100 trolls on this board claiming to be Knick fans. At that point, does that make you as asshole? Because the trolls become the one's who are represent you, correct? The more popular the Nets get, the more loud and obnoxious fans you will have. It's the way it is.

Go to the Knick subforum, and tell me about how Knicks fans are obnoxious and think our team is the shit, because we don't.

The Nets fanbase in NYC seemingly could give two shits about if the Nets win or lose. That's not being reasonable and realistic, it's apathetic. Apathy is not a sign of a hardcore fanbase ready to take over.

I'm not just talking about online, I'm talking in general. All of the Knicks fans at my job are ass holes, the majority of Knicks fans at my college are ass holes too. It's not one or two Internet trolls, it's the majority of the fan base or at least those I've encountered. Sure we don't have as many fans as the Knicks but that doesn't mean anything. You don't see nets fans going around heat articles claiming Lebron is a peice of shit, you don't see Nets fans on OKC forums claiming Melo is a better scorer than Durant or anything equivalent to that. Every article whether Bleacher Report, ESPN, SB Nation etc. that's about the Nets, you're guaranteed at least 5 Knick fans talking shit and on ESPN sometimes you'll see dozens. It's the fact that when the Knicks lost to the Pacers, all your heard was "THE NBA IS FIXED" or PACERS SUCK. No other fan base of the 14 other teams that also lost in the playoffs claimed the NBA was rigged, only Knicks fans. How about when the Nets got Kirilenko, Peirce, Garnett all you heard was people calling in on ESPN radio like "WASHED UP", "MWP IS BETTER THAN AK47" other absolutely ridiculous shit like that. Heat fans didnt call in, Lakers fans didnt, Bulls fans didnt, only Knicks fans. When the Knicks beat the Celtics, all you heard was Knicks fans talking shit about the Celtics. Bulls fans didnt talk shit about the Nets, Spurs fans didnt talk shit about the Lakers, Heat fans didnt talk shit about the Pacers, only Knicks fans. It's honestly awful to be a Nets fan living in New York. The second you say you're a Nets fan everyone's like "NETS SUCK", "NETS WILL NEVER BE BETTER THAN KNICKS", whenever you see arguments online about Knicks vs Nets its always a Knicks fan who started it. Sure there are some very realistic Knick fans and I happen to know a few, but the majority of Knicks fans you'll meet are ass holes when it comes to talking about any other team.

Dr. Ice
09-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Someone called nets fans humble? They clearly dont go to netsdaily if they think that. Even when they sucked they were annoying.

I still dont get why knicks fans even bother arguing with nets fans. There's literally zero reason to even feel threatened by them.

MaxFly
09-01-2013, 03:17 PM
What would Paul Piece really be bitter about?

Looking forwards to that first Nets v. Knicks game. As another poster said, as old as Paul is, the Knicks would gladly trade J. R. Smith for him.

kNicKz
09-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Looking forwards to that first Nets v. Knicks game. As another poster said, as old as Paul is, the Knicks would gladly trade J. R. Smith for him.

I'm good. I'll take the best 6th man in the league over the wheelchair victim whose ankles got shattered like 7 times last year

knickscity
09-01-2013, 04:00 PM
If salaries didnt have to match, i'd say yes to KG.

Pierce is done though, and I dont want JR either.:lol

kNicKz
09-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Knicks without amare > Knicks with amare.

Celtics without Rondo > Celtics with Rondo

Check the record

Legends66NBA7
09-01-2013, 05:45 PM
I think these guys might

http://hodja.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/islamic_rage_boy.jpg

Even if so, what are you trying to say ?

It's hysterical seeing non NYers talk about NY sports. Mike Bossy and the NY Islanders won 4 straight Stanley Cups from 1980-1983, yet their accomplishments pale in comparison to what Mark Messier did with the 1994 NY Rangers. Mark Messier is still a God in NY to this day, whereas most people couldn't pick Bossy out of a lineup.

Do NYer's honestly suggest this ? And how does it pale to compare when the feat is a superior and what Bossy produced in all 4 runs (they made 5 straight finals too; hold the record for most consecutive playoff series wins) is superior than Messier's lone run ?

No, it's just you are wrong. If I say Toronto is a poor city covered by ghetto's and crime, you'd say it's not. BEcause it's wrong. Does you correcting me mean you have a complex? Are butthurt? Tayshun Prince always goes right. NO HE DOESN'T. Why do you answer? Because you're butthurt about the Pistons?

NETS ARE TAKING OVER is bullshit, so i respond. The importance of a subject doesn't mean you get to make facts up.

You're comparison wasn't exactly the best. Comparing Toronto's poor city, etc.. vs a potential fan base taking over ? The latter is just an opinion, popular or not. And if they go on to win a title or 2 these coming years, what makes you suggest that more fans will flock to Brooklyn ?

MaxFly
09-01-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm good. I'll take the best 6th man in the league over the wheelchair victim whose ankles got shattered like 7 times last year

Sounds good. We'll see how that turns out this season. As of last season, we had a player who is 35 averaging 18.6/6.3/4.8 on 50.2% eFG% in 33.4 minutes and one who is 27 averaging 18.1/5.3/2.7 on 48.4% eFG% in 33.5 minutes. Don't know what to say when a 35 year old "wheelchair victim whose ankles got shattered like 7 times last year" out plays a 27 year old player in similar minutes over the course of the year. Terrible... :confusedshrug:

red1
09-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Paul pierce is a legend while JR is a clown. I would rather be a bitter legend than be a clown tbh

Legends66NBA7
09-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Sounds good. We'll see how that turns out this season. As of last season, we had a player who is 35 averaging 18.6/6.3/4.8 on 50.2% eFG% in 33.4 minutes and one who is 27 averaging 18.1/5.3/2.7 on 48.4% eFG% in 33.5 minutes. Don't know what to say when a 35 year old "wheelchair victim whose ankles got shattered like 7 times last year" out plays a 27 year old player in similar minutes over the course of the year. Terrible... :confusedshrug:

I don't see Pierce averaging a very similar stat line with the Nets, since he'll be sharing the load with the younger core of the Nets.

But yeah, the Knicks would want Pierce over Smith, regardless if their fans don't.

MaxFly
09-01-2013, 06:08 PM
I don't see Pierce averaging a very similar stat line with the Nets, since he'll be sharing the load with the younger core of the Nets.

But yeah, the Knicks would want Pierce over Smith, regardless if their fans don't.

I think his stats will drop as well, but as you've said... I think for a season, the Nets would take Pierce.

NumberSix
09-01-2013, 07:10 PM
The Truth will ALWAYS be Celtic.

Le Shaqtus
09-01-2013, 10:55 PM
The Truth will ALWAYS be Celtic.

True that.

I've never heard Pierce giving a crap about the Knicks... Is this a thing?

Hittin_Shots
09-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Celtics without Rondo > Celtics with Rondo

Check the record

I'm pretty sure you know that just isn't true in the playoffs...

records
Knicks

with : 16:13

Without : 38:15

Boston

with : 20:23

Without : 21:17

niko
09-02-2013, 10:51 AM
What would the Knicks do with Paul Pierce? I love Paul Pierce, but our best player is Melo, at the same position, and we need athletic wings to cover for the things he can't do, or a defensive minded player, or an athletic 4. A crafty veteran 3 on the downside of his career who is slow now doesn't fit. That absolutely doesn't mean Pierce is not a better player than Smith, but he's not a player that would improve the Knicks. If you look at the Nets, he's the most likely of the starters to need to sit and be replaced in the lineup, no?

Melo + Pierce as our forwards would get crapped on. Pierce 3 years ago with our team i'd sell my soul for, but Pierce now is too old .

Dro
09-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Paul pierce is a legend while JR is a clown. I would rather be a bitter legend than be a clown tbh
Exactly. What the **** does PP have to be bitter about? ESPECIALLY when it comes to JR Smith?:lol Pierce is arguably a top 50 player of all time and has a championship. What does J.R. Smith have? Some nice highlights and horrible shot selection. He does have heart though and I do like that about him. Ill give him that. But SOME of these Knick fans. They're like Michael from the Office. Just completely delusional and their self awareness of their place in the NBA universe is WAY overstated.

Fresh Kid
09-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Exactly. What the **** does PP have to be bitter about? ESPECIALLY when it comes to JR Smith?:lol Pierce is arguably a top 50 player of all time and has a championship. What does J.R. Smith have? Some nice highlights and horrible shot selection. He does have heart though and I do like that about him. Ill give him that. But SOME of these Knick fans. They're like Michael from the Office. Just completely delusional and their self awareness of their place in the NBA universe is WAY overstated.
man shut up overrated pacers fan, lets see how far that overrated team will go this year:coleman: and you have tha audacity to say wheelchair pierce is a top 50 player?:lol man get this niguh outta here!:oldlol: and u call us knicks fan delusional:facepalm how are we delusional if j.r speaking truth ( which pierced iz not) about pierce being bitter?? pierce was talking shit for years, now since we way better and whuped tha celtics ass last spring, he wanna talk sum dumb shit now, knowing damn well bk will never take over manhattan. never!:coleman:

STATUTORY
09-07-2013, 10:00 AM
man shut up overrated pacers fan, lets see how far that overrated team will go this year:coleman: and you have tha audacity to say wheelchair pierce is a top 50 player?:lol man get this niguh outta here!:oldlol: and u call us knicks fan delusional:facepalm how are we delusional if j.r speaking truth ( which pierced iz not) about pierce being bitter?? pierce was talking shit for years, now since we way better and whuped tha celtics ass last spring, he wanna talk sum dumb shit now, knowing damn well bk will never take over manhattan. never!:coleman:

:roll: :roll: :roll: lemme guess dough, you think melo is top 50?

Fresh Kid
09-07-2013, 10:03 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: lemme guess dough, you think melo is top 50?
if he wins a ring:D

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
09-07-2013, 10:28 AM

:roll: someone's mad.

Well at least we're headed for some improvement... from Nix fans saying "BK will never take over NYC" to "BK will never take over Manhattan."

No argument from me.

knickscity
09-07-2013, 10:49 AM

Well at least we're headed for some improvement... from Nix fans saying "BK will never take over NYC" to "BK will never take over Manhattan."

No argument from me.
yeah, that post was pretty bad.:lol

kNicKz
09-07-2013, 11:25 AM

No argument from me.

The Nets are first round fodder though

The JKidd Kid
09-07-2013, 11:33 AM
The Nets are first round fodder though

:lol Its funny cause its coming from a Knicks fan.

kNicKz
09-07-2013, 11:43 AM
:lol Its funny cause its coming from a Knicks fan.

It's funny because the Bulls D-League team murked the Nets with the flu

niko
09-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Fresh Kid is retarded. Can people stop responding to him? Especially with "knick fans". what knick fans? He's a ****ing troll, when he creates his Brooklyn Nets alternate halfway through the season will he be an example of Net fans everywhere?

SpurrDurr
09-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Paul Pierce on JR Smith, " he high"

The JKidd Kid
09-07-2013, 12:52 PM

It's funny cause the Knicks took 6 games to beat a Celtics team that had a grand total of 3 quality rotation players on the roster, 2 of which were over 35.

The JKidd Kid
09-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Fresh Kid is retarded. Can people stop responding to him? Especially with "knick fans". what knick fans? He's a ****ing troll, when he creates his Brooklyn Nets alternate halfway through the season will he be an example of Net fans everywhere?
I don't think anyone actually responds to Fresh Kids comments anymore.

niko
09-07-2013, 12:57 PM
KiddlovesNets and him in EVERY NY team playoff thread did YOU SUCK! NO YOU SUCK! the entire time. No commenting on the games, didn't matter winning or losing. It was mind numbing.

Fresh Kid at some point in April under his alias decided to rep the Knicks. It was a dark day. A very dark day.

niko
09-07-2013, 12:58 PM
It's funny cause the Knicks took 6 games to beat a Celtics team that had a grand total of 3 quality rotation players on the roster, 2 of which were over 35.
The Nets lost. If we are comparing resume's last year, we win. I'm not sure why we would (we suck less we suck less) but we win.

Fresh Kid
09-07-2013, 01:06 PM

No argument from me.
this niguh:facepalm i said takeova Manhattan meaning taking ova tha knicks, understand now??:biggums:

Fresh Kid
09-07-2013, 01:08 PM
yeah, that post was pretty bad.:lol
i hope u are being sarcastic mr. jets fan :rolleyes:

Fresh Kid
09-07-2013, 01:10 PM
damn that waz cold blooded!:roll:

knickscity
09-07-2013, 01:12 PM
this niguh:facepalm i said takeova Manhattan meaning taking ova tha knicks, understand now??:biggums:
Do you really believe the Knicks are a "Manhattan" team?

Not even sure what the Jets have to do with my post either, outside of both teams not winning anything in over 40 years.

knickscity
09-07-2013, 01:13 PM
I'm glad the Nets got em and not us, since we couldnt beat them all year either.

Dro
09-07-2013, 01:14 PM
You're right, my bad...I shouldn't say he represents real Knick fans. I don't know why I ever took him off ignore. He's obviously mad though, I just said "some" Knick fans. I didn't direct my post towards anyone specifically and he comes back throwing a temper tantrum. What is an overrated Pacer fan? Now fans are overrated? What an idiot. He's the one that sounds bitter because he lost to the Pacers....I was just responding on topic, I never brought up the Pacers.

Fresh Kid
09-07-2013, 01:28 PM
why so jealous bro?:lol we supposed to be on tha same squad, same team, and you talking shit about me??:biggums: how can i be a troll if i always have to fight and stick up for our team? majority of tha posters make dumb ass predications stating that tha knicks wont win a ring this century:facepalm will go far out to say that tha damn cavs :rolleyes: will win a ring b4 us:biggums: how does that shit Sound to u? and u expect me out of all people not to say nuttin?? come on man:coleman: and keep having ur brain running wild with thinking i will have a net alt:oldlol: i know you not serious:lol

Fresh Kid
09-07-2013, 01:34 PM
keep hating and have another disappointing season this season, i cant wait, tha popcorn and drinkz on deck, i can't wait for this shit to unravel:lol

kNicKz
09-07-2013, 02:00 PM

He's insulting the players that his franchise just bent over backwards to pick up.

Knicks in 5

knickscity
09-07-2013, 02:04 PM
He's insulting the players that his franchise just bent over backwards to pick up.

Knicks in 5
read it again.....

kNicKz
09-07-2013, 02:07 PM
read it again.....

2 of which are over 35= old and useless

Fresh Kid
09-07-2013, 02:19 PM
KiddlovesNets and him in EVERY NY team playoff thread did YOU SUCK! NO YOU SUCK! the entire time. No commenting on the games, didn't matter winning or losing. It was mind numbing.

Fresh Kid at some point in April under his alias decided to rep the Knicks. It was a dark day. A very dark day.
u buggin:facepalm i always talk about how tha knicks are doing in tha gamethreads, kiddlovesnets just got mad at me and started talking shit to me cuz his team choked and died in tha hands of nate robinson, i was standing up once again for tha knicks, and go back and search my posts from years back, cuz i always rep tha knicks, and everybody and their mom, gressy hair wit rollers granny, and dog name scruffy knows that shit, admit it niko, admit it:no:

Fresh Kid
09-07-2013, 02:27 PM
You're right, my bad...I shouldn't say he represents real Knick fans. I don't know why I ever took him off ignore. He's obviously mad though, I just said "some" Knick fans. I didn't direct my post towards anyone specifically and he comes back throwing a temper tantrum. What is an overrated Pacer fan? Now fans are overrated? What an idiot. He's the one that sounds bitter because he lost to the Pacers....I was just responding on topic, I never brought up the Pacers.
you had me on ignore cuz i was preachin' too many facts for your ass and you couldnt take it :oldlol: and dont front, when u say sum knicks fans you mean most. i didn't call u overrated dro i called your lucky ass team that stern wanted to play tha cheat in ecf just to make it easier for lebron overrated:facepalm you tha idiot sir:no: watch tha overrated to tha core pacers don't win shit this year... yea! watch them pretenders don't win shit:coleman:

The JKidd Kid
09-07-2013, 03:29 PM

I'm saying that those two 35 year old players had to carry the team and play major minutes as they almost singlehandedly took your team to 6 games even though they were dead towards the end of the series.

I don't know why we're arguing the Knicks were winless against the Bulls and the Nets didnt completely dominate the Celtics either, along with the fact that both teams are dramatically different than last season, this whole discussion seems pointless.

Legends66NBA7
09-07-2013, 05:05 PM

He didn't say they were useless, more like they can't maintain top production at that age.

Guess people see what they want to see.

niko
09-07-2013, 05:45 PM
u buggin:facepalm i always talk about how tha knicks are doing in tha gamethreads, kiddlovesnets just got mad at me and started talking shit to me cuz his team choked and died in tha hands of nate robinson, i was standing up once again for tha knicks, and go back and search my posts from years back, cuz i always rep tha knicks, and everybody and their mom, gressy hair wit rollers granny, and dog name scruffy knows that shit, admit it niko, admit it:no:
Do you watch South Park? Do you remember Jimmy and Timmy fighting? That was youand KiddlovesNets during the playoffs. It was retarded.

How exactly does you coming on with an alt account 2 weeks before the playoffs translate to you always being a Knick fan?

Fresh Kid
09-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Do you watch South Park? Do you remember Jimmy and Timmy fighting? That was youand KiddlovesNets during the playoffs. It was retarded.

How exactly does you coming on with an alt account 2 weeks before the playoffs translate to you always being a Knick fan?
like i said that niguh was just mad at me, cuz our team iz better and we took tha Atlantic division crown, i just wasnt backin down from him, and what u mean? willds09 was established in 2008, u betta ask somebody:coleman:

Fresh Kid
09-07-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm saying that those two 35 year old players had to carry the team and play major minutes as they almost singlehandedly took your team to 6 games even though they were dead towards the end of the series.

I don't know why we're arguing the Knicks were winless against the Bulls and the Nets didnt completely dominate the Celtics either, along with the fact that both teams are dramatically different than last season, this whole discussion seems pointless.
stop that lying kid:oldlol: u know damn well it went to 6 games mainly cuz of j.r's bullshit suspension, dont even front:coleman:

niko
09-07-2013, 10:05 PM

It's wilds09, his existence is pointless so the fact pointless shit is starting from him is not suprising.

MaxFly
09-07-2013, 11:14 PM
5 game suspension. :rolleyes:

Nets fan 93
09-08-2013, 03:19 AM
stop that lying kid:oldlol: u know damn well it went to 6 games mainly cuz of j.r's bullshit suspension, dont even front:coleman:
It's not anyone but the Knicks fault that they had a player suspended for being an idiot.

Fresh Kid
09-08-2013, 07:52 PM
It's wilds09, his existence is pointless so the fact pointless shit is starting from him is not suprising.
stop hating man, can all of us knicks fans just get along:facepalm

Fresh Kid
09-08-2013, 07:54 PM
It's not anyone but the Knicks fault that they had a player suspended for being an idiot.
and who fault was it when tha flu 3rd string bulls bust that ass???:lol

niko
09-08-2013, 07:56 PM
You signed Blatche, anyone who signed Blatche can't hate on teams for taking chances on guys. Let's not be hypocritical here. Or how about your coach who had a DUI last year during a domestic issue, who the reason he got to your team the first time was domestic issues (beating up his wife). I don't recall Net fans being all upset over Kidd back then having baggage.

Every team has guys like that, when they play well you call them your guys, when they play poorly they are the baggage they had when you signed them.

niko
09-08-2013, 07:57 PM
stop hating man, can all of us knicks fans just get along:facepalm
Notice how in every post you tell people you're a Knick fan and i never have to? IT's because you're a fake and pretending to troll. Everyone knows clown.

Fresh Kid
09-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Notice how in every post you tell people you're a Knick fan and i never have to? IT's because you're a fake and pretending to troll. Everyone knows clown.
bullshit. everybody know im a knick fan. its just tha lebron stans and knicks haters that talk dumb shit thats not true cuz i hit true facts to dem where it hurts everytime and they can't take it.

niko
09-08-2013, 08:08 PM
bullshit. everybody know im a knick fan. its just tha lebron stans and knicks haters that talk dumb shit thats not true cuz i hit true facts to dem where it hurts everytime and they can't take it.
Yeah, that's it. It's not that you are an idiot, it's the haters.

Fresh Kid
09-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Yeah, that's it. It's not that you are an idiot, it's the haters.
i know:facepalm thanks for understanding.