PDA

View Full Version : Suns release Michael Beasley

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
09-03-2013, 03:00 PM
The Phoenix Suns waived forward Michael Beasley today pursuant to a termination agreement between the club and him. In accordance with that agreement, the compensation owed to him by the team will be reduced, and the Suns’ salary cap room will be increased for both the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=14175

TheReal Kendall
09-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 10m
RT @ESPNNBA: Sources: @Suns to release Michael Beasley by the end of this week (via @ESPNSteinLine) - http://es.pn/18AJ6cp

i would love him to be in on the Lakers and get the 4 position if LO cant come back

would love both :)

:applause: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Lakers can have him!

imdaman99
09-03-2013, 03:03 PM
this is addition by subtraction.

suns instantly get better.

DuMa
09-03-2013, 03:06 PM
http://lastangryfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/beasley.jpg

Levity
09-03-2013, 03:07 PM
as crazy as it sounds. yes to beasely, no to LO (doubt thats even an option at this point)

Lamar has a lot of shit he needs to get together before he evens thinks about stepping on an NBA court again.

At this point, at least for the Lakers, Beasley is the staple child of low risk/high reward

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
09-03-2013, 03:07 PM
:applause: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Lakers can have him!

he had career yr playing for rambis....with 0 drama

so lets hope for it

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
09-03-2013, 03:14 PM
as crazy as it sounds. yes to beasely, no to LO (doubt thats even an option at this point)

Lamar has a lot of shit he needs to get together before he evens thinks about stepping on an NBA court again.

At this point, at least for the Lakers, Beasley is the staple child of low risk/high reward

they can plug him in at the starting pf spot or sf spot with young coming off the bench

which is good

DuMa
09-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Lakers are choosing between Beasley or Odom. :lol Theyre asking for a lot of drama

HiphopRelated
09-03-2013, 04:00 PM
http://lastangryfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/beasley.jpg
honestly, this is the dumbest "bad Beasley" photo... it says nothing other than he possibly had a couple beers and was sleeping

Dro
09-03-2013, 04:01 PM
We can always use more scoring off the bench. Id take him on the Pacers...

RedBlackAttack
09-03-2013, 04:02 PM
What a massive bust. This guy was supposed to be a sure thing... Solid starting SF worst case scenario.

Levity
09-03-2013, 04:04 PM
We can always use more scoring off the bench. Id take him on the Pacers...

I think the pacers are pretty set. you have both scola and copeland off the bench at the 3 and 4. and possibly granger too (who really knows if hes actually going to start. though reports say he will)

another playmaker would be nice for indy

Goldrush25
09-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Why would the Lakers want him? They are better than that POS.

Dro
09-03-2013, 04:08 PM
I think the pacers are pretty set. you have both scola and copeland off the bench at the 3 and 4. and possibly granger too (who really knows if hes actually going to start. though reports say he will)

another playmaker would be nice for indy
Good point, I just know we probably won't be able to get another playmaker so Ill take some scoring although we are pretty set at the 3 and 4 like you said. I think he could play some backup 3 though or least get a shot at it because after Granger, we have Copeland who is promising but still unproven and a rookie in Solomon Hill(although he has looked good). If Beasley doesn't pan out, let him go..

PJR
09-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Never had it between the ears to make it as a professional. Incredibly immature off the court. And on the court, he's just as much of a mess. He's proven to be fully incapable of playing system offense , and he's a terrible defender as well.

His next stop will be overseas.

Thank god the Heat were able to Get LBJ/Bosh, or this pick would've haunted me for years.

MP.Trey
09-03-2013, 04:10 PM
What a massive bust. This guy was supposed to be a sure thing... Solid starting SF worst case scenario.
I was actually campaigning for him over Rose back on draft day. :facepalm

What a beast he was at KSU tho.

Scholar
09-03-2013, 04:12 PM
I like how Jeff edited the OP's post and promoted his own front page link. :oldlol:

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Beasley in Lakers' uniform, but I do think he's a bust. He was so hyped coming out of school, but he ended up not being much more than a mediocre SF.

Peteballa
09-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Never had it between the ears to make it as a professional. Incredibly immature off the court. And on the court, he's just as much of a mess. He's proven to be fully incapable of playing system offense , and he's a terrible defender as well.

Thank god the Heat were able to Get LBJ/Bosh, or this pick would've haunted me for years.

Same - I never feel bad about the pick because the way I look at it, if we took someone else the Big 3 might have never came to fruition (I'm a firm believer in the butterfly effect, and if we need got Beasley things might have turned out much differently. Maybe we sign Marion to an extension in 08 or trade for Boozer. Who knows.

If we didn't get the Big 3, I still wouldn't feel toooo bad, because it was the right pick at the time and the only other realistic possibility was Mayo, who Riley wanted, and he's just as much of a bust as Beasley is. Nobody would have taken Westbrook or Love at #2. Brook Lopez was honestly the only guy who was mocked some places at #2 outside of Mayo/Beasley/Rose.

Do you remember for one month in 08-09, at the end of the season, he just went on a tear? He was an absolute monster, totally unguardable. It's sad that he never panned out.

Crown&Coke
09-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I was rooting for Alvin Gentry to turn this guy into an all star. Wasn't in the cards. I wonder what buyout Beas took?

3peated
09-03-2013, 04:34 PM
i hope lakers sign him and whip him into shape

QuebecBaller
09-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Sixers should get him

Revenge of the #2 picks :D

TheReturn
09-03-2013, 05:15 PM
So grateful the Bulls took Rose and not Beasley that day.. :bowdown:

Chuckbrook
09-03-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm not sure how true this is, but apparently Kevin Durant would love to share the court with his childhood friend.

That would be very interesting.

hawkfan
09-03-2013, 06:19 PM
He can come to the Hawks.
We can use a crazy dude since we lost DeShawn Stevenson and Ivan Johnson.
We can use a little drama as well.

SmackOrH.A.K
09-03-2013, 06:26 PM
he'd be a great 6th man with the rockets!

Eric Cartman
09-03-2013, 06:36 PM

How's the rockets bench looking?

nathanjizzle
09-03-2013, 06:43 PM
come to the bulls, rose and thibs will ship him into shape.

G-train
09-03-2013, 06:48 PM

Unfortunately he is a great 'nothing' in terms of the NBA.
Any team that signs him is a desperate team willing to risk team morale and their brand in the hope he score 15 points a game coupled with bad D.

Underrated trade:
"The Minnesota Timberwolves today announced the team has acquired 6-9 forward Michael Beasley from the Miami Heat in exchange for the Wolves

nathanjizzle
09-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Unfortunately he is a great 'nothing' in terms of the NBA.
Any team that signs him is a desperate team willing to risk team morale and their brand in the hope he score 15 points a game coupled with bad D.

Underrated trade:
"The Minnesota Timberwolves today announced the team has acquired 6-9 forward Michael Beasley from the Miami Heat in exchange for the Wolves’ second-round picks in the 2011 and 2014 NBA Drafts and cash considerations.
"

hes just immature. he needs a team with role models and authoritative structure. when he was in Minnesota he talked about winning championships, i believe he has it in him he just needs to shed his immaturity. joining a team like the bulls, with rose who is his colleague and has had the success he wished he had would listen to rose. and thibs who is that type of coach that wouldnt take shit from beasley and make him the player that he should be under a real system.

G-train
09-03-2013, 07:05 PM
hes just immature.

False, he is a drug addict. And that is just the symptom of other problems that he needs to sort out.

COnDEMnED
09-03-2013, 07:14 PM
So grateful the Bulls took Rose and not Beasley that day.. :bowdown:
Seems like both were bad choices. Who knows when the next time we see Rose play, or if he's even the same player.

andremiller07
09-03-2013, 07:54 PM
If I were a contending team I would take a flyer on him, as terrible as he has been recently he's still a guy with a lot of talent who can single handedly win you a game from pretty much nowhere. Maybe a team that needs fire power e.g Bulls, Grizzlies and these types...will he play much no....but he's a guy who can turn a game or a series on it's head.

ProfessorMurder
09-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Why would the Lakers want him? They are better than that POS.

Yeah, they only have an alleged rapist on the team... And won two titles with a guy who admittedly played drunk and caused the worst fight in the history of the league, etc.

irondarts
09-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Beasley doesn't deserve to be in the NBA, and by all accounts, he doesn't even want to be on the NBA. He continues to blow all of his chances. He's a drug addict who is not willing to quit smoking pot and be a professional. Being a professional basketball player is not in the cards for this guy. And he's really just not even that good.

B-Easy8
09-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Dude needs to go to the Thunder. His best friend is Durant.

bdreason
09-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Huge disappointment. He still young, and has the physical tools though, so I expect another team to give him a look.

ConanRulesNBC
09-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Bulls should go after him and they'd have the first two picks of the '08 draft.

ConanRulesNBC
09-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Seems like both were bad choices. Who knows when the next time we see Rose play, or if he's even the same player.

Enough already. Seriously, the jokes are old. We know Rose missed last season. I criticized him for it just as much as anyone. But it's over, it's done. Rose will be back on the court come opening night and after an entire season off he'll probably be close to his MVP form, maybe even better if he spent his down time becoming a better shooter.

Seriously, I can't f*cking wait until he comes back and proves all the haters wrong and wins his second MVP this coming season.

magnax1
09-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Anyone have an explanation for why hes gotten worse every season? He showed lots of potential as a small mobile stretch 4 his first season. I mean, I think hes been stuffed in some awful roles but still its awfully odd.

fsvr54
09-03-2013, 11:07 PM
He can come to the Hawks.
We can use a crazy dude since we lost DeShawn Stevenson and Ivan Johnson.
We can use a little drama as well.

Not happening under Danny Ferry.

RedBlackAttack
09-03-2013, 11:12 PM

Come to think of it, the Heat's draft history since Dwyane Wade is pretty awful... even if they obviously haven't been focusing on the draft the last few years.

2004 - Dorrell Wright (19), Pape Sow (47), Matt Freije (53)
2005 - Wayne Simien (29)
2006 - N/A
2007 - Jason Smith (20), Stanko Barac (39)
2008 - Michael Beasley (2), Darnell Jackson (52)*
2009 - Marcus Thornton (43), Robert Dozier (60)
2010 - Dexter Pittman (32), Jarvis Varnado (41), Da'Sean Butler (42), Latavious Williams (48)
2011 - Bogan Bogdanovic (31)
2012 - Arnett Moultrie (27)

*Later traded 2nd round picks/cash for Mario Chalmers

Really, the trade for Chalmers in '08 is the only draft night win they've had in the last eight years. Granted, most of these were relatively low picks, but you will see most teams hit at least a couple times on mid-first rounders or even an occasional second rounder.

Luckily, they're much better when it comes to free agency.

RedBlackAttack
09-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Anyone have an explanation for why hes gotten worse every season? He showed lots of potential as a small mobile stretch 4 his first season. I mean, I think hes been stuffed in some awful roles but still its awfully odd.
I'm no expert on Michael Beasley, but it appears as though he doesn't really care much for basketball. That's usually the case when talented guys never improve and eat themselves out of the league.

COnDEMnED
09-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Enough already. Seriously, the jokes are old. We know Rose missed last season. I criticized him for it just as much as anyone. But it's over, it's done. Rose will be back on the court come opening night and after an entire season off he'll probably be close to his MVP form, maybe even better if he spent his down time becoming a better shooter.

Seriously, I can't f*cking wait until he comes back and proves all the haters wrong and wins his second MVP this coming season.
Too easy, effortless.

magnax1
09-03-2013, 11:23 PM
I'm no expert on Michael Beasley, but it appears as though he doesn't really care much for basketball. That's usually the case when talented guys never improve and eat themselves out of the league.
Id think the experience alone would allow him to improve a bit. Its weird hes just gotten plain worse.

RedBlackAttack
09-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Id think the experience alone would allow him to improve a bit. Its weird hes just gotten plain worse.
The NBA is probably the first time in his life wherein his natural gifts were not enough to be a standout player. My guess is, when he experienced that feeling of going against guys as talented as him who actually work at their craft every day, his confidence took a hit and he pretty much gave up on the game.

G-train
09-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Come to think of it, the Heat's draft history since Dwyane Wade is pretty awful... even if they obviously haven't been focusing on the draft the last few years.

2004 - Dorrell Wright (19), Pape Sow (47), Matt Freije (53)
2005 - Wayne Simien (29)
2006 - N/A
2007 - Jason Smith (20), Stanko Barac (39)
2008 - Michael Beasley (2), Darnell Jackson (52)*
2009 - Marcus Thornton (43), Robert Dozier (60)
2010 - Dexter Pittman (32), Jarvis Varnado (41), Da'Sean Butler (42), Latavious Williams (48)
2011 - Bogan Bogdanovic (31)
2012 - Arnett Moultrie (27)

*Later traded 2nd round picks/cash for Mario Chalmers

Really, the trade for Chalmers in '08 is the only draft night win they've had in the last eight years. Granted, most of these were relatively low picks, but you will see most teams hit at least a couple times on mid-first rounders or even an occasional second rounder.

Luckily, they're much better when it comes to free agency.

I would say it was still a 'pass' overall - there is some talent there.
Jerry West would have taken Beasley at 2 so I don't think it was too large of an error. I'd say he played his best at Miami, and by that I mean they at least had him growing in areas like team play, defensive rotations, discipline, etc.
But yeah FA was the focus, and he was moved on to facilitate that.

Posters here actually used to smash Pat Riley over the trade, said they would be better off with him than Bosh.

It could have been worse, they could have selected Joe Alexander at 8.

RedBlackAttack
09-03-2013, 11:48 PM
I would say it was still a 'pass' overall - there is some talent there.
Jerry West would have taken Beasley at 2 so I don't think it was too large of an error. I'd say he played his best at Miami, and by that I mean they at least had him growing in areas like team play, defensive rotations, discipline, etc.
But yeah FA was the focus, and he was moved on to facilitate that.

Posters here actually used to smash Pat Riley over the trade, said they would be better off with him than Bosh.

It could have been worse, they could have selected Joe Alexander at 8.
:oldlol:

I guess it can always be worse. I have to wonder, though, if there has ever been a back-to-back NBA championship team without a single guy on the active roster selected by that team in the previous nine drafts? That's pretty crazy when you really think about it.

Obviously Chalmers was a pretty big part of both runs, but he technically wasn't picked by Miami. Same thing with Norris Cole (though he had basically no role anyway). Pittman was on the team for both championships, but I don't believe he was active for the last one (maybe not the first one either).

poido123
09-04-2013, 12:16 AM
The NBA is probably the first time in his life wherein his natural gifts were not enough to be a standout player. My guess is, when he experienced that feeling of going against guys as talented as him who actually work at their craft every day, his confidence took a hit and he pretty much gave up on the game.

Pretty good observation.

That's pretty much what I think happened to Beazley too, that along with a drug habit killed his motivation.

OmniStrife
09-04-2013, 12:32 AM
Can't believe people are still hoping for their team to sign that little loser...

Bigsmoke
09-04-2013, 12:38 AM
And i thought he was going to be a Jamison 2.0 lol

B-Easy8
09-04-2013, 04:58 AM

He isn't a 3. He was good with the Wolves because he was more of a post up 3 than an outside 3 which is what he seemed to be with the Suns.

Dude legitimately has problems as well. If he misses his first shot or gets a turnover his confidence gets destroyed straight away and he will be awful the rest of the game.

All Net
09-04-2013, 05:05 AM
Somebody will take a chance on him but who?

Lebron23
09-04-2013, 05:06 AM
If I am Beasley I'll play in the euroleague, or in Asia if he wants to get his swagger and confidence back.

Eric Cartman
09-04-2013, 05:16 AM
So many options!

wagexslave
09-04-2013, 05:26 AM
I will LOL so hard if the Lakers sign his whack ass. Biggest on the court cancer I've ever seen. Put him in and your team just instantly collapses and starts getting blown out. Dude doesn't deserve to be in the NBA.

wagexslave
09-04-2013, 05:28 AM
Dude needs to go to the Thunder. His best friend is Durant.
That's the only team I can possibly see him turning his career around for the better. It's go to the Thunder or GTFO of the NBA for Beasley.

wagexslave
09-04-2013, 05:31 AM
Bulls should go after him and they'd have the first two busts of the '08 draft.
Fixed

Sharmer
09-04-2013, 06:39 AM
waste of talent, sure he'll end up on another roster.

NuggetsFan
09-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Actually surprised he can't seem to carve himself out a role as 17-22 PPG scorer on a lotto team. Had that one season in Minny where it looked like it was going to happen. Always thought going Miami killed his development because he wasn't allowed to make mistakes and just play it out with the green light similar to Durant as a rookie in OKC.

Seems like he's just an idiot. Turning 25 this season too, super cool bease be busting hard.

East_Stone_Ya
09-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Actually surprised he can't seem to carve himself out a role as 17-22 PPG scorer on a lotto team. Had that one season in Minny where it looked like it was going to happen. Always thought going Miami killed his development because he wasn't allowed to make mistakes and just play it out with the green light similar to Durant as a rookie in OKC.

Seems like he's just an idiot. Turning 25 this season too, super cool bease be busting hard.

must be the mental aspect or wrong decisions, bad influence, lack of guidance in your life etc

cos88
09-04-2013, 07:14 AM
i hope he signs with the lakers. 2 rapists and 1 crackhead. THE NEW BIG 3.

tomtucker
09-04-2013, 12:34 PM
i hope he signs with the lakers. 2 rapists and 1 crackhead. THE NEW BIG 3.
get Odom too :rockon: .......resurrect Gilbert Arenas from the dead as well :rockon:

Dengness9
09-04-2013, 02:13 PM
I was fighting left and right with Bulls fans on ISH that Rose was the guy.

People kept telling me Beasley was a 4 and the Bulls answer to their low post problems.....

I told them that Rose was the guy and would be the best player we've had since MJ. Some realized it and some fought til the bitter end....which was pre-season of that year when Rose already started lighting up the league a lil bit.

coolnate202
09-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Which is why he is in he gym more than your favorite NBA player.

senelcoolidge
09-04-2013, 02:26 PM
How the lakers have fallen..:lol now their fans are ecstatic about possibly getting Beasley. How long will that last..:oldlol:

Myth
09-04-2013, 02:37 PM
I think the Lakers should pick up Beasley and Odom. That would make my day.

chocolatethunder
09-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Which is why he is in he gym more than your favorite NBA player.

Actually, that makes him look even worse. If he's in the gym all the time and still performs how he does then he should just hang it up.

SmackOrH.A.K
09-04-2013, 04:22 PM
How's the rockets bench looking?
patrick beverly and francisco garcia are the only scorers and shooters on our bench..and then asik, greg smith motiejunas/tjones.

we did get reggie williams and casspi for the minimum but we don't really have a 6th man besides beverly

G-train
09-04-2013, 06:43 PM
If I am Beasley I'll play in the euroleague, or in Asia if he wants to get his swagger and confidence back.

He wouldn't be good enough to play in top tier Euro leagues.
He would be skilled enough, in fact he would be one of the most skilled, but he isn't a good enough player.

HomieWeMajor
09-04-2013, 06:46 PM
He needs to go to Memphis and let big Bubba Z-Bo pound that lil lightskin ass.

Eric Cartman
09-04-2013, 06:57 PM
I think the Lakers should pick up Beasley and Odom. That would make my day.

Pick up Iverson and Steve Francis while you are at it.

Levity
09-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Pick up Iverson and Steve Francis while you are at it.

we could give gilbert arenas a call too.

Franchise, Iverson, Habatci, Beasley, and Odom.

Who wouldnt be a fan of that bench!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

InfiniteBaskets
09-05-2013, 12:53 AM
I was fighting left and right with Bulls fans on ISH that Rose was the guy.

People kept telling me Beasley was a 4 and the Bulls answer to their low post problems.....

I told them that Rose was the guy and would be the best player we've had since MJ. Some realized it and some fought til the bitter end....which was pre-season of that year when Rose already started lighting up the league a lil bit.

At that point in time, it was very hard to distinguish Rose and Beasley as the players they would eventually become.

Rose (as well as a few others) had just let the NCAA title slip from their hands after being up 4 in the closing minute. Meanwhile Beasley beasted for the entire season on an overall weaker squad. Rose had elite athleticism, but Beasley was no slacker in that department. And Beasley boasted a better outside shot than Rose as well.

The Bulls didn't have Boozer or Gibson at that point, but did have an established Hinrich at PG. Meanwhile the Heat had Haslem at PF but no set PG. Although most analysts believed Rose was a bit better than Beasley, there were a lot of guys who said it made more sense for the Bulls to pick Beasley to fill their need. I was hoping they would as well since Rose would have worked out perfectly for the Heat at the time.

Who knows though, had Beasley gone to the Bulls, maybe Thibs would have whipped him into shape. Beasley had a pretty good rookie season in Miami. He really only slipped off bad after Miami traded him away to take on the big 3.

G-Funk
09-05-2013, 03:06 AM
How the lakers have fallen..:lol now their fans are ecstatic about possibly getting Beasley. How long will that last..:oldlol:
Fallen? A team with 3 hall of famers and still in the playoff picture and u call that fallen??? damn that's why I love the Lakers. Ni99az be reaching hahaha

R.I.P.
09-05-2013, 03:31 AM

Kobe, Kaman, Young and Beasley. Do they know there is only one ball t o play with?

Flash31
09-05-2013, 09:31 AM
He wouldn't be good enough to play in top tier Euro leagues.
He would be skilled enough, in fact he would be one of the most skilled, but he isn't a good enough player.

Beasley can play in any league
and hes very skilled unfortunately attitude problems and off and on court behavior prevent that.

Miami didnt let him go bc of money or that he sucked,
They couldnt control him.They gave him chance after chance

Attitude,behavior,drug problems

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
09-05-2013, 02:41 PM
is this guy a UFA yet or no?

Mr Exlax
09-06-2013, 08:59 AM
I'd like to see him on the Rockets. We'd for sure get high together before and after games.

Haymaker
09-06-2013, 09:59 AM
He should play for Denver and get high legally.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
09-06-2013, 12:19 PM
I'd like to see him on the Rockets. We'd for sure get high together before and after games.

would love for him and Choward to play together....

Baby Mama's + Green would fill their locker room...+ Chandler /Lin romance on the side