PDA

View Full Version : NBA League Pass Price out

spacebump
09-10-2013, 06:03 PM
"Your NBA LEAGUE PASS BROADBAND PREMIUM subscription is set to automatically renew on October 1, 2013 at the limited time price of $189. For the 2013-2014 NBA season, your subscription will provide access to regular season games for 5 NBA teams* on your computer or tablet. "

That was the price for all 30 teams last year. If you subscribed to League Pass Broadband, check your e-mail. They have it set to auto renew each year.

This price increase is terrible, I'll probably cancel my subscription.

9erempiree
09-10-2013, 06:05 PM
You're kind of dumb in the first place for having it. You can easily stream for free.

Those ****kers at NBA....lol @ automatic renewal.

spacebump
09-10-2013, 06:07 PM
The part of the website that lets you cancel your subscription currently doesn't work.

kNicKz
09-10-2013, 06:07 PM
80% of the games are blacked out

9erempiree
09-10-2013, 06:09 PM
The part of the website that lets you cancel your subscription currently doesn't work.

serious?

:facepalm

The JKidd Kid
09-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Unless I was a Utah Jazz fan living in New York, who didnt have access to a computer, I wouldn't pay 50 bucks for this shit.

Spaulding
09-10-2013, 07:33 PM
I work for a cable company and yes the price sucks. The increase and price is based on the rising rates of the TV companies charge for the cable's usage.

Just stream the game online or download the torrent the next day.

Jameerthefear
09-10-2013, 07:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bs7AhBl.png

looks like the email is wrong

bagelred
09-10-2013, 08:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bs7AhBl.png

This tweet is so stupid. You only can get Early bird rights if you spend at least 2 seasons with the same team.

JimmyMcAdocious
09-10-2013, 08:45 PM

Shit always seems to be like that. They make you call up and then you have to spend 10 minutes telling the guy on the other end to **** off, I don't want renew my service for 2% off.

All Net
09-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Wonder if it's the same for people in europe.

tmacattack33
09-10-2013, 10:09 PM
You're kind of dumb in the first place for having it. You can easily stream for free.

Those ****kers at NBA....lol @ automatic renewal.

I take it that you've never tried it, because:

1. It's in great quality. 720 HD with negligible skipping.

2. It's not just a streaming service (like NFL Sunday Ticket Broadband appears to be). You can pause, rewind, and forward back up to real-time whenever you want (for any game that is on that night). It's basically like you get a DVR full of every NBA game of the season on it.

El Kabong
09-10-2013, 10:22 PM
It's good for me as living in Australia, most of the games are on during the day here when i'm at work. At least with the League Pass you can re-watch all the games after they've completed which you can't do with live streaming from a website.

andremiller07
09-10-2013, 10:23 PM
It's good for me as living in Australia, most of the games are on during the day here when i'm at work. At least with the League Pass you can re-watch all the games after they've completed which you can't do with live streaming from a website.
Pretty much the same for me, plus none of the games are blacked out or anything and considering here we only get ESPN (2 games a week on tv) it's more than worth it and a great investment and ESPN never shows Kings games.....so it's even better to have in that case.

Meticode
09-10-2013, 10:26 PM
It's not worth it to me. When I was getting it illegally I don't see the pros of it versus the price. I'll just sink to the crappy 480p streams that are 100% free.

9erempiree
09-10-2013, 10:34 PM
I take it that you've never tried it, because:

1. It's in great quality. 720 HD with negligible skipping.

2. It's not just a streaming service (like NFL Sunday Ticket Broadband appears to be). You can pause, rewind, and forward back up to real-time whenever you want (for any game that is on that night). It's basically like you get a DVR full of every NBA game of the season on it.

I know what you mean but I can live with the stream versus the options I get. It use to be where you can get all the games and now they are limiting the teams you can watch.

Droid101
09-10-2013, 11:22 PM
80% of the games are blacked out
Bingo. I don't get real TV, so Internet is all I have.

NBA broadband won't let me watch local broadcasts (blacked out).

That means I lose the Lakers and the Clippers, two of my 5 favorite teams. WTF?

Get real.

dunksby
09-11-2013, 06:08 AM
Bingo. I don't get real TV, so Internet is all I have.

NBA broadband won't let me watch local broadcasts (blacked out).

That means I lose the Lakers and the Clippers, two of my 5 favorite teams. WTF?

Get real.
Can't you VPN up and buy the International LP? or you could have someone buy it for you? if you got someone of course.

JellyBean
09-11-2013, 06:50 AM

:facepalm Figures.

2swift4u
09-11-2013, 10:42 AM
I love the League Pass! :rockon: Pretty much the only way to watch all the games here in Europe.

SonOfMattGeiger
09-11-2013, 11:03 AM
why not just purchase it through your cable provider? it's not much more money (might even be cheaper if they are giving out package deals and have contract w the NBA) and you get to watch it on you television. will be doing it this season for sure.

LBJ 23
09-11-2013, 11:07 AM
I love the League Pass! :rockon: Pretty much the only way to watch all the games here in Europe.

If you want to watch games live in the middle of the night then you're right. But if you are one of the majority of people in Europe who have to go to work/school/college next morning then it's pretty much impossible cuz it f*cks you up if you're a hardcore fan and want to watch every game.

HD torrents which are available 2-3 hours after the game are much better option for me. It is not as exciting as watching game live but at least I'm not ruining my life by staying awake all nights and sleeping during the day.

baccano
09-11-2013, 01:09 PM
If you want to watch games live in the middle of the night then you're right. But if you are one of the majority of people in Europe who have to go to work/school/college next morning then it's pretty much impossible cuz it f*cks you up if you're a hardcore fan and want to watch every game.

HD torrents which are available 2-3 hours after the game are much better option for me. It is not as exciting as watching game live but at least I'm not ruining my life by staying awake all nights and sleeping during the day.

I'm sorry, but it's exactly the opposite. This is extremely valuable to people in europe who need to work the next day, because you can watch the games whenever you want, any team, without downloading it (yes, downloading every game, even if you only follow 1 team, it's a pain in the ass).

Plus, there is compressed games (10 to 15 min) of every game (not sure if you need league pass for this)

And in europe, you don't have any blackouts.

So, I'm very happy to pay 120 euros (I think this is what I paid last year, since I already was a customer) annually.

PS: Since I also have an appleTV, I can watch games without any computer/tablet/phone, directly in my TV.

Sakkreth
09-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Is single game option will be aviable ?

I mean where u pay for one upcoming game and then you have access only to that one game.

LBJ 23
09-11-2013, 01:35 PM
because you can watch the games whenever you want, any team, without downloading it (yes, downloading every game, even if you only follow 1 team, it's a pain in the ass).

Same with torrents excpet for downloading. And I would understand you complaining about downloading 5 years ago, but now when everyone has so fast internet connection? My games are usually downloaded in 10-15 minutes, half an hour at most.

Plus, there is compressed games (10 to 15 min) of every game (not sure if you need league pass for this)

who would need ILP for something like that? Waste of money.

And in europe, you don't have any blackouts.

Same with HD torrents.

So, I'm very happy to pay 120 euros (I think this is what I paid last year, since I already was a customer) annually.

I would rather save that money and buy myself a pair of Lebron shoes for whole season which sell for similar price.

pegasus
09-11-2013, 01:50 PM
why not just purchase it through your cable provider? it's not much more money (might even be cheaper if they are giving out package deals and have contract w the NBA) and you get to watch it on you television. will be doing it this season for sure.

That's what I've been doing. Worth every penny, and they divide it up into 4 payments anyway. I don't want to watch every game, but it's nice to have the option. I end up watching several 4th quarters a night and/or record them for later.

Levity
09-11-2013, 02:20 PM
I live in so cal, and i still buy the league pass for every team. Why? well besides the fact that i already get every lakers and clippers game on tv or cable, i still want to watch other teams and players play. Also, playing in multiple fantasy leagues, youll often times want to watch your players during a live game. 200 bucks is that much for having a good quality stream of the game. also, youre getting 8 or so months of games, and will be able to rewatch any game that your league pass aired throughout the season.

boozehound
09-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Unless I was a Utah Jazz fan living in New York, who didnt have access to a computer, I wouldn't pay 50 bucks for this shit.
Or, say, a pistons fan living in utah?

boozehound
09-11-2013, 02:24 PM
I dont have cable and I havent since 1995.

senelcoolidge
09-11-2013, 02:24 PM
The prices have gone up and the quality is not as good as it used to be. My father has the MLB version which is so much better and much cheaper..and he can watch all of the teams on top of that. Why can't the NBA do that? I remember 3 years ago you could pick 10 teams..now it's only 5. They even had a stats tracker for your favorite players.

DDensity
09-11-2013, 02:36 PM
It's completely ridiculous that local games are blacked out. I bought League Pass one year to be able to watch Lakers games on my phone or at work and they were all blacked out. Until they sort that issue I'll never buy it again.

SmackOrH.A.K
09-11-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm a Rockets fan in Austin, TX so it's great for me! Spurs games are blacked out however.

I rather pay and watch a clean HD stream on my TV and with the archives online whenever I want than search for a laggy shitty streaming.

boozehound
09-11-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm a Rockets fan in Austin, TX so it's great for me! Spurs games are blacked out however.

I rather pay and watch a clean HD stream on my TV and with the archives online whenever I want than search for a laggy shitty streaming.
this. the illegal streaming sucks. I can watch every pistons game on my kindle anywhere in my house. While Im ignoring my kids, taking a dump, doing dished, etc.

DetroitPiston
09-11-2013, 08:01 PM
I don't have cable, haven't had it for three years.

Quite frankly, the only thing I miss is sports. It pisses me off that I can't watch Pistons games on League Pass with the most moronic blackout policy (Along with the NFL's) in place.

There's a huge market where people would willingly pay a certain amount of cash just to watch their team without the hassles. I'd pay $120 a year if it meant that I could watch the Wings, Tigers, and Pistons without any crazy strings attached. Ah well.

Jameerthefear
09-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Since I live in Alabama nothing would get blacked out for me, correct?

Dave3
09-11-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm having trouble cancelling it - anyone know how to prevent the auto renewal? Can't find the option on the website.

andremiller07
09-11-2013, 09:38 PM
I'm having trouble cancelling it - anyone know how to prevent the auto renewal? Can't find the option on the website.
It's not working atm apparently lol

mugiwara
09-11-2013, 10:40 PM
this. the illegal streaming sucks. I can watch every pistons game on my kindle anywhere in my house. While Im ignoring my kids, taking a dump, doing dished, etc.

:cheers:

Alan Ogg
09-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Here in Korea, the International League Pass has gone up from $160 to $190 for the 30 team deal. The premium is $240. Sucks, but I'll have to do it. No way I'm going to those sh*tty streams.

Rose'sACL
09-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Here in Korea, the International League Pass has gone up from $160 to $190 for the 30 team deal. The premium is $240. Sucks, but I'll have to do it. No way I'm going to those sh*tty streams.
How can people not find free HD streams these days? I watched pretty much all the regular season games last season in HD for free. The only games that weren't available in HD were games like cavs vs magic etc. All the links are posted on a few sites just before the game begins. NBA takes them down in a few hours so it is always better to post the links just before the game starts.

Also, for people who don't like that you can't watch your local team by league pass, just use a vpn when registering/buying/watching. This should work but i am not sure as i have not tried it myself.

Jailblazers7
09-13-2013, 02:11 PM

Yeah, online streaming is pretty much unwatchable for me.

Alan Ogg
09-14-2013, 12:47 PM
I like the League Pass for many reasons.

-I don't have to worry about feeds cutting out or feeds being taken down.
-I need the feed to be great quality because I usually project them.
-I live in Korea and I'm often working while the games are going on. I like that I can watch any game at my leisure and pause and come back to it.
-Streaming multiple games at the same time
-It also get a solid stream on my phone which I use from time to time.

I don't mind paying as it is still a good value (much better than NFL which was like $250). My complaint is that ~20% is a big rate hike, especially for a long time customer.

sportsfan76
09-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Why would anyone in 2013 need the league pass when there are so many national games on TV during the week?

Mon.....NBATV

Tue.....NBATV or TNT

Wed.......ESPN

Thur......TNT

Fri.......ESPN

Sat......NBATV

Sun....ABC/ESPN/NBATV

And all that is on top of seeing the games by your local team so can someone please tell me what appeal does the League Pass have especially when you have NBATV?

Cosmonaut
09-14-2013, 11:05 PM
if you buy from India Premium league pass is $118 just use a proxy

jack612blue
09-14-2013, 11:54 PM
I hate NBA LP because most of the matchups you want to watch are completely unavailable. Heat vs OKC (only natl'l television).

Sure you can watch Heat vs Pistons, but those aren't... usually the premier matchups everybody wants to see.

sportsfan76
09-14-2013, 11:56 PM
I hate NBA LP because most of the matchups you want to watch are completely unavailable. Heat vs OKC (only natl'l television).

Sure you can watch Heat vs Pistons, but those aren't... usually the premier matchups everybody wants to see.

The premier games are usually on TNT, ESPN or ABC which makes the League Pass useless

Inactive
09-15-2013, 01:03 AM
Why would anyone in 2013 need the league pass when there are so many national games on TV during the week?

Mon.....NBATV

Tue.....NBATV or TNT

Wed.......ESPN

Thur......TNT

Fri.......ESPN

Sat......NBATV

Sun....ABC/ESPN/NBATV

And all that is on top of seeing the games by your local team so can someone please tell me what appeal does the League Pass have especially when you have NBATV? You want to watch every game played by a team that isn't in your area. You want to watch random games by teams that aren't on T.V much. You like being able to go back and watch games at your own convenience, without filling up DVR.

It's overpriced, and not that good though. I keep buying it, but I find myself wanting to torrent the games for superior quality and control. Sucks that those of us who spend the money get it worse than the people who just stream then download.

Maindi
09-15-2013, 04:39 AM
http://www.ballstreams.com is a cheaper alternative. It's technically illegal but their other service (hockeystreams) has been going on for ages so it should work. It's a lot cheaper (60 dollars for the season if you but if before October, after October 100dollars) and they don't black out any games.

KrizMiz
09-15-2013, 07:34 AM
International League Pass 80$ - see all games - no blackouts BOOOM

regular season + playoffs + finals!

miller-time
09-15-2013, 08:18 AM
International League Pass 80$ - see all games - no blackouts BOOOM

regular season + playoffs + finals!

I don't know what I am looking at then? Do rates change between countries?

http://i.imgur.com/YhMEdnY.jpg

brantonli
09-15-2013, 08:38 AM
I know India gets it a lot cheaper, trying to see if VPN works. Does anybody know if I use a VPN for USA, get the 5 team package, and then turn off the VPN, do I still get access?

unknowns8
09-15-2013, 08:45 AM

ditto for me

i also go to davka's bt site to grab full hi-res torrents if I want to watch a game offline somewhere

Rose'sACL
09-15-2013, 08:45 AM
these are the league pass rates for india:

http://i.imgur.com/9dpm7O6.png

brantonli
09-15-2013, 09:01 AM
these are the league pass rates for india:

http://i.imgur.com/9dpm7O6.png

What the hell........any good free VPNs to get the India price? Also, does it still work if you turn off the VPN?

Rysio
09-15-2013, 09:07 AM
fuuk that thats 3 times as much as i paid last year for the same shitty laggy stream.

Rose'sACL
09-15-2013, 09:08 AM
What the hell........any good free VPNs to get the India price? Also, does it still work if you turn off the VPN?
I use the one my office provides. google it and you might find a free one that lets you browse at decent speed. i have no idea if it works if you turn off your vpn.

alenleomessi
09-15-2013, 09:08 AM
thats a lot of money but i would still rather pay for that than for my semester that i will fail anyway or for protein powder that will last like 2 months... ( both pretty much same price )
it will save me some nerves since im always pissed when i stay awake till 4/5am to watch the clippers and i cant find a not so shitty stream

NugzFan
10-15-2013, 05:12 PM
For those who have had league pass before and iPhones -

Can you watch live games on your iphone w/ LP? If so how is the quality? Do you have to be connected to wifi?

Meticode
10-15-2013, 05:23 PM
For those who have had league pass before and iPhones -

Can you watch live games on your iphone w/ LP? If so how is the quality? Do you have to be connected to wifi?
Don't even bother with LP. Try this out: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313999

...ask any questions in there if you're interested.

NugzFan
10-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Does that work on iPhones?

secund2nun
10-15-2013, 06:13 PM
I stream all sports events including PPV boxing (which I rarely watch), NBA, college football and also some shows. Also download torrents of shows and movies.

Meticode
10-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Does that work on iPhones?
There's no "app" for it on iPhone, but it states that all you need to do is go to BS's mobile site and you can use the site through you iOS.

nathanjizzle
10-15-2013, 11:08 PM
they dont allow you to watch your home team:facepalm

ripthekik
10-15-2013, 11:15 PM
I also bought the international league pass for $90USD. No blackouts, can watch on my laptop, tablet, or phone anytime I want. Great deal, pretty damn cheap actually.

I'm tired of looking for streams, and having it lag when it's a popular game or the playoffs, and having to change streams mid-game. Tired of all that hassle.

tmacattack33
10-16-2013, 10:37 AM
$190.00 for just 5 teams and many black-outs since most of the 5 teams i want (Heat, Lakers, Clippers, Warriors, Nets) will be on national TV or NBA TV many times throughout the year.

That's terrible. I'm cancelling.

I'd also like to thank the OP for making me aware that they just put you on auto-rewew automatically.

Nero Tulip
10-16-2013, 10:39 AM
No one should buy this crap, and the people who do deserve to be ridiculed. There are decent free alternatives.

Chrono90
10-16-2013, 10:57 AM
I live in Manhattan. Anyone knows if i can watch the Brooklyn Nets games????

sportsfan76
10-16-2013, 09:34 PM
If you have these channels below you don't need the league pass

Your local home team channel
NBATV.....games on mon, tue, and sat
ESPN.......games on Wed and fri and sun
TNT,,,,,,,,,games on tue and thurs
ABC........games on sun

So why waste money on the league pass???

Jameerthefear
10-16-2013, 09:36 PM
If you have these channels below you don't need the league pass

Your local home team channel
NBATV.....games on mon, tue, and sat
ESPN.......games on Wed and fri and sun
TNT,,,,,,,,,games on tue and thurs
ABC........games on sun

So why waste money on the league pass???
People who are fans of specific teams that won't be shown on tv.

inclinerator
10-16-2013, 09:42 PM
wasnt it always that price

ripthekik
10-17-2013, 01:45 AM
No one should buy this crap, and the people who do deserve to be ridiculed. There are decent free alternatives.
all games, HD, no-need to go link searching, no lagging even when it's playoffs or huge game, open on phone/tablet/laptop immediately anytime, anywhere, and that's crap? All for $90 over the course of 7 months.

That's crap? Well I don't know what to say.

tmacattack33
10-17-2013, 11:02 AM
wasnt it always that price

No. That used to be the price for every team. Now it's just for 5 teams.

The 5 team price used to be like $20.00 per month i believe...so that would be $120 over the whole year.

spacebump
10-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Forgot to post this after it was sent out. The price I posted in the first post was sent on accident.

"Dear Nba fan,

Earlier this evening we sent an email with information regarding your NBA LEAGUE PASS BROADBAND subscription, which is set to automatically renew on October 1, 2013. Unfortunately, the email incorrectly identified the number of teams you will be able to watch. We are writing to apologize for this oversight and accurately identify the package details associated with your account for the upcoming 2013-2014 season.

Your NBA LEAGUE PASS BROADBAND PREMIUM subscription is set to automatically renew at the limited-time price of $189. For the 2013-2014 NBA season, your subscription will provide access to regular-season games for all 30 NBA teams* on your computer or tablet.

To make any other changes to your subscription, including cancellations, click here.
To update or confirm your credit card information, click here.
If you have any questions about your subscription, please visit our customer support center here.

Again, we apologize for this error

I<3NBA
10-17-2013, 04:21 PM
if ppl stop subscribing, the NBA would actually be forced to put out a better product.

Basketball1234
10-17-2013, 07:40 PM
How many games are in HD on NBA League pass premium?

spacebump
10-17-2013, 10:18 PM
How many games are in HD on NBA League pass premium?
If you get it through your cable provider check first. When I had Comcast last year in Denver, they did not offer the package in HD. I also know Cox in New Orleans used to not offer it in HD as recent as 2010. Many cable companies have a free week 1 preview of the service. That's the best way to know.

If you get it through cable and they provide NBA broadband you can still view games in something like 720 p. (or you could order NBA broadband instead of dealing with your cable company.)

Basketball1234
10-17-2013, 10:23 PM
I have time warner cable.
I have tried contacting them but they know nothing.