PDA

View Full Version : New iPhones 5 C/S

kNIOKAS
09-11-2013, 08:53 AM
The lower-cost iPhone 5C will be available in five colors — green, blue, yellow, pink and white. CEO Tim Cook calls it "more fun and colorful" than any other iPhone. The 5C has a 4-inch Retina display and is powered by Apple's A6 chip. It also has an 8 megapixel camera, live photo filters and a rear cover that lights up.

Without a contract, the 5C costs $549 and $649 depending on memory size.

The second phone, the 5S, is "the most forward-looking phone we have ever created," said Phil Schiller, senior vice president of worldwide marketing at Apple. It will come in silver, gold and "space gray" and run a new chip, the A7 that is up to twice as fast as the A6.

Schiller said the new phone can run more health and fitness applications. These apps have become increasingly popular as more people use them to track exercise routines, calorie intake and even sleep patterns.

The 5S also includes "Touch ID," which reads fingerprints at a "detailed level," Schiller said. He said it is "fun and easy" to teach the 5S about your fingerprint and once you do, you can just touch the home button to unlock the phone. The company said fingerprints will not be stored on its servers.
http://news.yahoo.com/apple-introduces-2-iphone-models-180137817--finance.html

Well, I guess it's good news for Apple fans. The most forward-looking phone now collects your biometrical data, and lets you run more health and fitness applications, just how you like 'em. And no, they say they won't bother to host info on their own servers. Good for Apple.

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/aDfdiM_QP7vb_mYz.19GrA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTc2ODtweW9mZj0wO3E9OD U7dz05NjA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/ffba42098d6a021e3d0f6a706700f193.jpg

DukeDelonte13
09-11-2013, 09:02 AM
I'll probably get that 5S in the new year.

My 4S has been the absolute best phone i've ever owned. Works just as well as the day I got it.

niko
09-11-2013, 09:03 AM
I'm going to get the C. I actually like the plastic (all Japan phones are that kind of plastic before the smartphones hit) and I want a cheaper phone because my kids play with it at times. The 5 seems too fragile for that and the new stuff is interesting but i don't need it.

b1imtf
09-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Iphone 5 Rainbow/gay.

they have this new gay ceo, right?
Wouldn't surprise me

tmacattack33
09-11-2013, 09:28 AM
I'll probably get that 5S in the new year.

My 4S has been the absolute best phone i've ever owned. Works just as well as the day I got it.

Mine too.

I've had it for 2 years now. It's been dropped many times (with a case on it) and I have it in my pocket while exercising. I can't notice any differences from how it performed two years ago.

ALBballer
09-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Affordable phone that starts at $550?

:wtf:

niko
09-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Affordable phone that starts at $550?

:wtf:
Do you own a phone company? Otherwise who would pay that?

rufuspaul
09-11-2013, 09:39 AM
I love my 4-s too. I'm gonna wait until I download the new OS on 9/18 to see if I want any more of an upgrade.

CarlosBoozer
09-11-2013, 09:40 AM
I'm keeping my 4s :mad:

niko
09-11-2013, 09:43 AM
I have a 4, no S. :(

CarlosBoozer
09-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Oh shit, I meant I have an s4 :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :banghead:

b1imtf
09-11-2013, 09:48 AM
:cheers:

ALBballer
09-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Do you own a phone company? Otherwise who would pay that?

Well that's my point. They are trying to get a marketshare in emerging markets like India and China but will never at that price point. The Samsung Mini S4 is in the $400 range which people are saying is bit high.

I bought my S3 on Ebay last year (new) for $400. I'm gonna keep it for a while.

rufuspaul
09-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Well that's my point. They are trying to get a marketshare in emerging markets like India and China but will never at that price point. The Samsung Mini S4 is in the $400 range which people are saying is bit high.

The 5C is $99 with a 2 year contract.

ALBballer
09-11-2013, 09:56 AM
The 5C is $99 with a 2 year contract.

I don't do contracts.

niko
09-11-2013, 09:57 AM

You don't know their price point or strategy in those countries yet. This is just US. It's not related.

CarlosBoozer
09-11-2013, 09:57 AM
I don't do contracts.
my niggah :pimp:

rufuspaul
09-11-2013, 10:00 AM

:lol

ALBballer
09-11-2013, 10:01 AM
You don't know their price point or strategy in those countries yet. This is just US. It's not related.

Maybe but:

The iPhone 5C is priced at $99 for 16GB and $199 for the 32 GB version, both on a two year contract in the US. The iPhone 5C is expected to be priced at around Rs. 35,000 in India.

http://www.dnaindia.com/scitech/1887466/report-apple-iphone-5s-and-iphone-5c-india-price-and-features

Seems like price will be the same

Boozer knows whats up.

rufuspaul
09-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Oh, I almost forgot: In before Droid people take over the thread.

CarlosBoozer
09-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Customization and rooting > simplicity

deal with it.

Just kidding, who argues about phones anyways?

ALBballer
09-11-2013, 10:06 AM

I don't mind Apple, hell I'm typing from a MBA. But they haven't had a creative idea in years. Looks like the market agrees.

gts
09-11-2013, 10:15 AM
I love my 4-s too. I'm gonna wait until I download the new OS on 9/18 to see if I want any more of an upgrade. me too.

I have a hard time justifying a new phone because my 4S has and is still working perfectly

Suguru101
09-11-2013, 11:01 AM
I don't mind Apple, hell I'm typing from a MBA. But they haven't had a creative idea in years. Looks like the market agrees.

What kind of creative is everyone looking for though? What do people call creative these days?

I mean, the fingerprint scanner is the first of it's kind on a smartphone, yet everybody is saying Apple is not innovative because the 5S didn't get a bigger screen or it wasn't an all new Iphone 6.

Rose
09-11-2013, 11:11 AM
What kind of creative is everyone looking for though? What do people call creative these days?

I mean, the fingerprint scanner is the first of it's kind on a smartphone, yet everybody is saying Apple is not innovative because the 5S didn't get a bigger screen or it wasn't an all new Iphone 6.
Something new. The thing about Apple under Jobs was they showed us something that we didn't know we wanted...and then made us want and sometimes even need it.

Pre-iPod all the other mp3 players failed and since then most people have an iPod or at the very least an mp3 player of some sort.

iPhone- not a lot of people had a smartphone, and nobody had an app store. People were fine with "dumbphones" almost everyone has one now.

iPad-tablets had been tried and failed off and on for a decade or so before the iPad took off. Now tons of people have one.

Hell even the Air line created an offshoot of tons of copycats.

People are ready for the next big thing. Apple has become so...responsive to the market it's sad. I mean seriously iOS 7 looks nice, but...it's an Android OS if you went by the looks. Even Ive's designs are finally starting to not be as good. Which I thought I'd never say since the guys been changing the design of the market since 97? 97? something like that whenever the first iMac came out with colored monitors and then HP did it, dell, etc etc.

No TV, no iWatch, hell even the AppleTV could have a bitching upgrade and become the hands down best media player. But oh yeah it's just getting a chromecast like software upgrade.:facepalm

And before this phone there was a reason to upgrade almost every time a new one came out. Starting with the 3GS you had 3G, the 4 had retina display, 4S Siri, 5 had a bigger screen and a twice as fast processor. Apple was supposed to have the next two years of products planned out before Steve died. And we're at that point now and yeah...it's not pretty. Shit a fingerprint sensor is supposed to make me upgrade? **** that. Especially when it's not NFC-enabled (yet)

tl;dr Jobs death has finally caught up.

CarlosBoozer
09-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Clouds yeah!

andgar923
09-11-2013, 12:01 PM
So it has more power (64 bit processor)
Better power efficiency (better battery life)
Superior camera (perhaps the best all around on a camera phone)
Improved next gen fingerprint tech (not the first, but from all accounts the best implementation of said tech)

All this while still maintaining the same size and weight.

People also don't realize that iOS isn't just a cosmetic change. The OS itself is better at power efficiency, it has other features that work under the hood which are better than before.

For instance, they managed to improve upon a system that allowed one to use audio from multiple apps. This is geared towards people that use music creating apps, now you can truly be a 'band in a box'. You can use apps within apps like you would on a desktop.

For instance

Eat Like A Bosh
09-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Only time will tell. First Impressions, not too bad. I mean this might not have been revolutionary as the first iPhone, but what else could Apple do? What is truly innovative nowadays?

The 5S is an improvement afterall. 64 bit? The Fingerprint Scanner wasn't bad at all. A new way to keep your phone safe from nosy people without actually entering a passcode each time. It's probably the biggest notable feature on the 5S anyways. That being said, I don't recall another phone having a fast or reliable fingerprint scanner. Actually I don't remember any phone having that. Hope it actually works out.

The iPhone 5Cs is just :facepalm . Way too feminime for my liking. Ffs look at the cases that they released with them! I don't see how that's gonna help increase market share, it's still $550. Hardly cheap.
http://community.cengage.com/GECResource/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/bus_5F00_law/Crocs.jpg

That being said, I'm happy with my iPhone 5 and see no reason to upgrade. the 4, 4S and 5 are all getting the iOS7 update anyways.

bballer
09-11-2013, 02:33 PM
4s crew checking in

andgar923
09-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Only time will tell. First Impressions, not too bad. I mean this might not have been revolutionary as the first iPhone, but what else could Apple do? What is truly innovative nowadays?

The 5S is an improvement afterall. 64 bit? The Fingerprint Scanner wasn't bad at all. A new way to keep your phone safe from nosy people without actually entering a passcode each time. It's probably the biggest notable feature on the 5S anyways. That being said, I don't recall another phone having a fast or reliable fingerprint scanner. Actually I don't remember any phone having that. Hope it actually works out.

The iPhone 5Cs is just :facepalm . Way too feminime for my liking. Ffs look at the cases that they released with them! I don't see how that's gonna help increase market share, it's still $550. Hardly cheap.
http://community.cengage.com/GECResource/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/bus_5F00_law/Crocs.jpg

That being said, I'm happy with my iPhone 5 and see no reason to upgrade. the 4, 4S and 5 are all getting the iOS7 update anyways.

:lol @ the covers

nightprowler10
09-11-2013, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=andgar923]:lol @ the covers

andgar923
09-11-2013, 03:18 PM
They're probably plugging the covers because Moto X will be all colorful and ****.

I mean, I understand WHY they're plugging them so hard. I don't get the 'covers' tho.

I can almost guarantee that the vast majority of people will cover them up with an ugly ass cover. And the people that are gonna be hyped over the gold 5s will end up covering it up with a big ugly case.

I understand people wanna protect them, but all you need is a small bumper to do so.

If people still clamor for their case, why worry about the color?

kNIOKAS
09-11-2013, 03:54 PM
I guess you all missed the point of how it records your fingerprints. Oh well.

Let's talk about how it has more power and battery life along with the camera.

nightprowler10
09-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Speaking of covers, I got an iPhone 5 from work and I've dropped it 3 times already. I'm thinking I should get a cover for it. Any ideas on what's a good cheap cover? Preferably something I can clip on my pants. I usually hate covers but I'll make an exception for a work phone.

andgar923
09-11-2013, 04:23 PM
I guess you all missed the point of how it records your fingerprints. Oh well.

Let's talk about how it has more power and battery life along with the camera.
It's stored locally and the prints aren't shared or stored with Apple or app devs. Not only that but the phone has to physically detect your print.

Even then you need to enter a passcode to set it up and/or remove.

So it shouldn't be tricked with a pic of your thumb or a lifted print using putty.

Rose
09-11-2013, 04:47 PM
I mean, I understand WHY they're plugging them so hard. I don't get the 'covers' tho.

I can almost guarantee that the vast majority of people will cover them up with an ugly ass cover. And the people that are gonna be hyped over the gold 5s will end up covering it up with a big ugly case.

I understand people wanna protect them, but all you need is a small bumper to do so.

If people still clamor for their case, why worry about the color?
I get why people do it with all the iPhones post-3GS. The glass casing can break, and when it does it looks horrible. People care about that. I keep mine in an otterbox most of the time because I'm afraid to crack the screen. Even though I rarely drop my phone it's something that I'm not risking given I paid how many hundreds for it? Another $25 investment is something I can easily spend to make it a bit safer.

However when I had a 3gs on it I just threw on a screen protector and occasionally would put a bumper on it if I was going somewhere where if I dropped it, it would hit several stairs. If I upgrade from the 4S to a 5C, I'll probably do the same as I did with the 3GS.

However I agree with the bolded.

It's A VC3!!!
09-11-2013, 05:06 PM
I really like that they are finally offering more colors. I've had a red case because I like the color red but to now have different colors is amazing. I like both the 5c and 5s equally. Might end up getting the 5s silver for christmas.

one thing that frustrates me, and shareholders have let apple know, is the stupidity of a plastic phone being $600 without a plan. really? you money hungry bastards. you already have 55% margins yet decide to insult our intelligence by making a piece of plastic with some software $600 without a plan. pathetic. if with the plan it's $100, it should be $200 without it.

flipogb
09-11-2013, 05:28 PM
I feel like if its half the price of 5s with contract then it should be close to that off-contract. so so anywhere from $350-450 would have looked much better.

Bless Mathews
09-11-2013, 06:49 PM
I don't do contracts.
Have you changed your provider in the last two years? Smh..

If you don't know which provider you like by now and wouldn't want to take advantage of getting deals on phones you should do some self evaluation.

flipogb
09-11-2013, 07:09 PM
^^T-Mobile $30 prepaid, best deal for those who really just need data and calling just for emergencies. 5gb data/100 minutes/ unli-text.

any contract price isn't a "deal" , price a nexus 4 and a prepaid contract for 2 yrs and youl see what a real "deal" is.

Bless Mathews
09-11-2013, 07:49 PM
^^T-Mobile $30 prepaid, best deal for those who really just need data and calling just for emergencies. 5gb data/100 minutes/ unli-text.
any contract price isn't a "deal" , price a nexus 4 and a prepaid contract for 2 yrs and youl see what a real "deal" is.
Smh.

"Calling only for emergencys"??? Lolololplolololp.

You are a texting teenager.

Or a complete moron.

Or make minimum wage.

Or all the above.

Draz
09-11-2013, 09:00 PM
I paid $700 for my S4. I can do mad shit with it. Better camera still. Multi-task.

kNIOKAS
09-12-2013, 02:48 AM
So nobody concerned NSA now will have your metadata, can listen to your calls and can locate you at any given time if you're using the new iPhone? I bet that shit would even stand in court, as a sufficient proof of location. I alone?

andgar923
09-12-2013, 03:04 AM
So nobody concerned NSA now will have your metadata, can listen to your calls and can locate you at any given time if you're using the new iPhone? I bet that shit would even stand in court, as a sufficient proof of location. I alone?

They've BEEN doing that with all phones. You think it's only gonna be capable with this new iPhone? that's been possible for years on any phone smart or not.

And I know you were concerned about the fingerprints, so peep this:

[QUOTE]Apple'sAAPL -5.44% new iPhone 5S, which comes with a fingerprint scanner, won

flipogb
09-12-2013, 03:10 AM
contracts suck, I felt like an idiot too when I did the research and found out I was burning money for no reason. you will get over it.
browse the prepaid section of howardforums.com and prepare to feel like an idiot

kNIOKAS
09-12-2013, 03:47 AM
If the government wants to track you down they'll do so iphone or not. You'd really have to fly off the radar and not use any modern tech.
Yes so it doesn't really matter where it is said the finger print is to be stored.

Phones can be tracked, but without having an identification of a person that's carrying the device around (who's using every once in a while). Now, it is. I really wonder would it stand on court as an alibi (or not) of where have you been at the said moment, if you also have activated your iPhone.

It's getting worse, and by that I mean the privacy issue is made to become dilluted and people are getting desensitized gradually. By officially implanting the fingerprint lock on the most popular brand of phones this agenda gets pushed even further. I am not expecting for a device to be untrackable, but I'm not expecting the fact to be made public and sold as a pro.

DCL
09-12-2013, 03:50 AM
i have an iphone, and i'm not impressed with apple's new gimmicks.

they haven't really "innovated" shit in years.

andgar923
09-12-2013, 04:10 AM
contracts suck, I felt like an idiot too when I did the research and found out I was burning money for no reason. you will get over it.
browse the prepaid section of howardforums.com and prepare to feel like an idiot

I don't know to much about prepaids. I always assumed it was shitty network for shitty phones.

Can you get one for the new iPhone per se? which one would be a good option. One with Verizon would be good. I have Sprint and it sucks in my area. I always get great reception and speed in areas I'm NEVER in. The areas that I'm always in suck.

andgar923
09-12-2013, 04:13 AM
Yes so it doesn't really matter where it is said the finger print is to be stored.

Phones can be tracked, but without having an identification of a person that's carrying the device around (who's using every once in a while). Now, it is. I really wonder would it stand on court as an alibi (or not) of where have you been at the said moment, if you also have activated your iPhone.

It's getting worse, and by that I mean the privacy issue is made to become dilluted and people are getting desensitized gradually. By officially implanting the fingerprint lock on the most popular brand of phones this agenda gets pushed even further. I am not expecting for a device to be untrackable, but I'm not expecting the fact to be made public and sold as a pro.

Not to be a d*ck, but I'm not following you.

Perhaps cause I'm tired, so it's my fault

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
09-12-2013, 04:22 AM
Luckily I got my Samsung Galxy S3 and my sister has the iphone 5 both for Virgin Mobile. We both pay 35$ a month, can't wait till VM gets this in a few years unless VM doesn't get the S4 or S5 by then.

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
09-12-2013, 04:24 AM
I don't know to much about prepaids. I always assumed it was shitty network for shitty phones.

Can you get one for the new iPhone per se? which one would be a good option. One with Verizon would be good. I have Sprint and it sucks in my area. I always get great reception and speed in areas I'm NEVER in. The areas that I'm always in suck.
Virgin Mobile has the Iphone 5, Galaxy S3, and they're getting the S4. Prepaid is the way to go with plans that start as low as 35$ a month. Contract phones are for suckers.

andgar923
09-12-2013, 04:27 AM
i have an iphone, and i'm not impressed with apple's new gimmicks.

they haven't really "innovated" shit in years.

Yeah…

Adding a 64 bit processor
Improving on the camera
Adding another chip that can determine your actions to be more power efficient
Improving on graphics
Adding a state of the art fingerprint sensor perhaps better than every consumer product implementation

All while improving on battery life in a small and light product isn't "innovation".

Other phones have something similar to what iPhone 5s just announced, but they either suck your battery life, are in a big ass body, or lack something else.

You want a great camera, there's a phone that's great… but it'll have a shitty battery life, it'll be big and out of shitty plastic, have subpar software and poor ecosystem (by comparison).

Want a powerful phone… it'll be big, suck battery life, chances are it won't have such a good camera and won't have a finger print sensor.

If you have a finger print sensor, chances are it won't work nearly as well, will be very intrusive and won't be secure, will be in a big body and drain battery life.

What Apple has done IS innovative from an engineering standpoint. And it also has other features that are useful but don't get any attention like the double wifi, ability to automatically turn off or on wifi in order to save battery, know if you're walking or on a car and give relavent information for the situation automatically, all this while conserving battery life. And not even talking about the new iOS which does a better job at multi tasking and conserving battery life and cpu, I already mentioned how audio apps will work with each other flawlessly (my fav feature :) ).

So it may not be 'revolutionary', but it is 'evolutionary' and 'innovative' from an engineering standpoint.

andgar923
09-12-2013, 04:31 AM
Virgin Mobile has the Iphone 5, Galaxy S3, and they're getting the S4. Prepaid is the way to go with plans that start as low as 35$ a month. Contract phones are for suckers.

I guess it depends on your area and how much you value a good connection.

before I got my first smartphone I always said I'd be content with a slow connection phone since I wouldn't need it. But as soon as I got one, I was dying for faster and more reliable data speeds.

I'm willing to pay more for better.

If prepaid services offer that, I'll look into it. If they don't I won't bother. I will stay a sucker for better service all around I suppose.

Unless that isn't the case

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
09-12-2013, 04:52 AM
I guess it depends on your area and how much you value a good connection.

before I got my first smartphone I always said I'd be content with a slow connection phone since I wouldn't need it. But as soon as I got one, I was dying for faster and more reliable data speeds.

I'm willing to pay more for better.

If prepaid services offer that, I'll look into it. If they don't I won't bother. I will stay a sucker for better service all around I suppose.

Unless that isn't the case…. please enlighten me.
Well Virgin Mobile is owned by Sprint so you get data from the sprint towers. Where I live I get great service and 4G LTE for only 35$ a month. It really depends on where you live though then again, I'm constantly connected to wifi so I don't really use 3g or 4g.

andgar923
09-12-2013, 05:00 AM
Well Virgin Mobile is owned by Sprint so you get data from the sprint towers. Where I live I get great service and 4G LTE for only 35$ a month. It really depends on where you live though then again, I'm constantly connected to wifi so I don't really use 3g or 4g.

I agree 100%

I always seem to get great connection in places I'm never in. Yet the places I'm always in, have spotty connection.

I'm lucky to get 2 bars of 3g at work, I have to log into the shitty wifi there only to be kicked out every 5 seconds. Everywhere in my neighborhood my connection is subpar to shitty.

But if I go to the next city which I rarely ever do, I get LTE speeds FULL BARS!!! really? WTF? my luck.:mad:

dunksby
09-12-2013, 06:41 AM
So faster CPU, better camera and a pretty gizmo makes you upgrade to a new one? I can understand upgrading from an iPhone 4 but why would one wanna upgrade smartphones whenever a new one comes out? And that goes for any kind of smartphones, I have had my Captivate for more than two years now and I'm satisfied with it although it's not even comparable to the new phones.

DukeDelonte13
09-12-2013, 08:25 AM

any phone from the nineties on forward can be used to triangulate your location, its extremely common to have those records be admitted in criminal cases.

Call records, text records, etc... Doesn't matter which provider, which phone, it's nothing new and the records are pretty easy to get. The phone companies have a team of people and a special phone and fax number to get the subpeonas in. Its a pretty streamlined process.

niko
09-12-2013, 08:40 AM
any phone from the nineties on forward can be used to triangulate your location, its extremely common to have those records be admitted in criminal cases.

Call records, text records, etc... Doesn't matter which provider, which phone, it's nothing new and the records are pretty easy to get. The phone companies have a team of people and a special phone and fax number to get the subpeonas in. Its a pretty streamlined process.
My friend used the "find iphone" to put her husband at his girlfriend's house, she made a log for her divorce filing.

ErhnamDjinn
09-12-2013, 10:52 AM
So faster CPU, better camera and a pretty gizmo makes you upgrade to a new one? I can understand upgrading from an iPhone 4 but why would one wanna upgrade smartphones whenever a new one comes out? And that goes for any kind of smartphones, I have had my Captivate for more than two years now and I'm satisfied with it although it's not even comparable to the new phones.
I dont get that either I probably upgrade every 2-3 years if you have a Iphone 5 or S4 I dont think you need to upgrade. Maybe if you had a Iphone 3 or S2, sometimes people just want to upgrade for the purpose of it being a status symbol.

Also regarding contracts I think they are fair since your using there service anyway, I entered a contract from our local carrier its around $42 for a 30 month contract I got 2 gadgets a Galaxy grand as the phone + a Note 8 Tablet, It comes with unlimited texts + unli data and around 100mins of calls, I find that reasonable instead of paying upfront for both gadgets.

andgar923
09-12-2013, 11:17 AM
People are generally always gonna want the newest shiniest product. That usually can be said about most items not just phones. it just so happens that phones are more affordable than cars or tvs, they come around more often than gaming consoles as well.

Good for the few of you that are content with your old phone.

As for the rest of us, there may be a feature that we either want or need. In my case I am welcoming the improved Facetime camera, the other features are a bonus.

I also happen to fall into the percentage of people that DON'T have a passcode on their phone, simply because I feel it's too much of a hassle. The fingerprint to unlock seems useful and it's something that perhaps I need.

The improved camera is always a welcomed addition since I go on trips and while I'm not a big photography taker, I do take some here and there.

Would I be buying an iPhone 5s?

No I'm waiting on the new iPad.

Draz
09-12-2013, 11:29 AM
If I had the iPhone 4s I wouldn't upgrade to anything. What really did they improve on? A faster phone? How fast can it possibly be and the marginal difference are just not upgrade worthy.

andgar923
09-12-2013, 12:01 PM
If I had the iPhone 4s I wouldn't upgrade to anything. What really did they improve on? A faster phone? How fast can it possibly be and the marginal difference are just not upgrade worthy.

I suppose that 2x the speed of the iPhone 5 is only "marginally".

http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/features/

Read up on the new improvements all across the board to see if it's something that's beneficial. For some they may not be enough, but I'm sure it will for the majority.

One thing that's being lost is the app ecosystem.

Apps will be rebuilt from the ground up to be more power efficient. Others will blow our minds away and introduce something we didn't even think of.

I for one, can't wait to see what the next generation of music creating apps will be like.

There will also be redesigns and new GUIs that will continue to set trends and influence designs on other venues. I honestly think we're gonna take a next step forward in regards to what we can do with our phones. Most of it done possible with the new iOS and phone horsepower. The Infinity Blade 3 preview is just the beginning.

Draz
09-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Marginal or not any smart phone especially an iOS device within the previous two years is fast enough to run smoothly and process at great rates. Twice as fast sounds good, but a year ago today or whenever the iPhone 5 was released that same phone was twice as fast as the last iPhone.

How fast do we actually want our phones to be? That's like buying a new laptop every year whenever a new faster one is released. It doesn't make sense but it is a trend. I can easily upgrade to the 5s from an S4 but is the money worth putting to waste for a quicker phone when this phone is quick enough? I understand the phone thing is all in now but before this phone I had the Samsung Galaxy S the first one. That was a major jump and I'm a tech geek in phones and gadgets and the smartest move to make for people who have iPhone 4s and S3s or above should stay with their phones unless you have the money to spend.

Next year the new iPhone will obviously be twice as fast as this iPhone 5s. I want to see more than just a fingerprint scanner and an upgraded iOS I want to see more of what that phone can do to upgrade and also switch over to iPhone.

I want to see
Removable battery
Micro SD slot for extra storage

Why the f can't apple do it already? Maybe a bit larger screen?

I'm android until then though. And even then, I may not jump ship because I like the multi tasking abilities of this phone.

It'll be a plus.

andgar923
09-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Marginal or not any smart phone especially an iOS device within the previous two years is fast enough to run smoothly and process at great rates. Twice as fast sounds good, but a year ago today or whenever the iPhone 5 was released that same phone was twice as fast as the last iPhone.

How fast do we actually want our phones to be? That's like buying a new laptop every year whenever a new faster one is released. It doesn't make sense but it is a trend. I can easily upgrade to the 5s from an S4 but is the money worth putting to waste for a quicker phone when this phone is quick enough? I understand the phone thing is all in now but before this phone I had the Samsung Galaxy S the first one. That was a major jump and I'm a tech geek in phones and gadgets and the smartest move to make for people who have iPhone 4s and S3s or above should stay with their phones unless you have the money to spend.

Next year the new iPhone will obviously be twice as fast as this iPhone 5s. I want to see more than just a fingerprint scanner and an upgraded iOS I want to see more of what that phone can do to upgrade and also switch over to iPhone.

I want to see
Removable battery

Why the f can't apple do it already? Maybe a bit larger screen?

I'm android until then though. And even then, I may not jump ship because I like the multi tasking abilities of this phone.

It'll be a plus.

Faster phones means more capabilities and smoother operation.

The fingerprint sensor wouldn't be as smooth and fast in older generation models. The Galaxy wouldn't be able to do half the stuff on an older model if not for the speed updagrades. Speed upgrades allow the HTC phones to perform certain tasks that older models can't do as well. It also allows certain apps to perform or even run at all (Infiniti Blade 3 for example).

Faster processing speeds also allow for better under the hood actions that allow it to multi task without compromising performance, for example running two apps at the same time side by side on some Droid phones.

As phones evolve we'll be able to do more and more, things that today we didn't think were needed but things that we wouldn't be able to live without when they are released.

As far as computers, some people may not need faster processing (don't see why anybody would mind tho), some of us do. They allow us to run process actions at a faster rate, they allow us to multi task more efficiently but I guess that depends on your needs.

I welcome faster speeds!!!

I don't see why people feel that they're not needed. Perhaps in the past I wasn't sure what couid be done with faster phones, but it's clearly obvious that we all benefit from them.

Lebowsky
09-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Faster phones means more capabilities and smoother operation.

The fingerprint sensor wouldn't be as smooth and fast in older generation models. The Galaxy wouldn't be able to do half the stuff on an older model if not for the speed updagrades. Speed upgrades allow the HTC phones to perform certain tasks that older models can't do as well. It also allows certain apps to perform or even run at all (Infiniti Blade 3 for example).

Faster processing speeds also allow for better under the hood actions that allow it to multi task without compromising performance, for example running two apps at the same time side by side on some Droid phones.

As phones evolve we'll be able to do more and more, things that today we didn't think were needed but things that we wouldn't be able to live without when they are released.

As far as computers, some people may not need faster processing (don't see why anybody would mind tho), some of us do. They allow us to run process actions at a faster rate, they allow us to multi task more efficiently but I guess that depends on your needs.

I welcome faster speeds!!!

I don't see why people feel that they're not needed. Perhaps in the past I wasn't sure what couid be done with faster phones, but it's clearly obvious that we all benefit from them.

You can't be ****ing serious.

All Net
09-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Big disappointment from Apple. Will be getting the note 3.

KingBeasley08
09-12-2013, 03:40 PM
I'll stick with my 4s as well

andgar923
09-12-2013, 03:46 PM
You can't be ****ing serious.

How so?

Years ago people were thinking there was no need for smart phones, yet we can't see ourselves living without them since they've become integral to our lives. We don't know what new features will be.

b1imtf
09-12-2013, 04:11 PM
I want to see
Removable battery

No way they'll do it

andgar923
09-12-2013, 04:20 PM
No way they'll do it

I don't see how sd slot is needed.

I have the 16gb and I don't feel the need to have more. I simply upload my files to my computer or cloud. I don't have much music on it either, since I stream almost everything. I can select to download some songs but once you play them you can stream them without the need to download or have to buffer.

:confusedshrug:

I undertand that everybody's different, but I feel the need for bigger/removable drives isn't needed like it was in the past.

LJJ
09-12-2013, 04:52 PM
I don't see how sd slot is needed.

I have the 16gb and I don't feel the need to have more. I simply upload my files to my computer or cloud. I don't have much music on it either, since I stream almost everything. I can select to download some songs but once you play them you can stream them without the need to download or have to buffer.

I undertand that everybody's different, but I feel the need for bigger/removable drives isn't needed like it was in the past.

The problem is not the storage itself. 64gb is fine in a phone.

The problem is that not including a SD card slot is clearly a scam to vastly overcharge for a very cheap component. The jump from 16gb to 32gb costs you like $100. That's pretty much all profit.

andgar923
09-12-2013, 04:54 PM
The problem is not the storage itself. 64gb is fine in a phone.

The problem is that not including a SD card slot is clearly a scam to vastly overcharge for a very cheap component.

ok

blablabla
09-12-2013, 05:44 PM
They will continue selling the iPhone 5 right? Because first of all i don't see how the 5C can only be $100 cheaper than the 5S so it'll probably be the same price as the iPhone 5 with the same technology despite having a plastic case which is not only a lot cheaper than the current materials but also much quicker in production. Why shouldn't people just buy iPhone 5 not only won't they have to deal with the fact that they bought a "budget" iPhone but its imo also a much nicer and more precious design.

andgar923
09-12-2013, 05:45 PM
They will continue selling the iPhone 5 right? Because first of all i don't see how the 5C can only be $100 cheaper than the 5S so it'll probably be the same price as the iPhone 5 with the same technology despite having a plastic case which is not only a lot cheaper than the current materials but also much quicker in production. Why shouldn't people just buy iPhone 5 not only won't they have to deal with the fact that they bought a "budget" iPhone but its imo also a much nicer and more precious design.

No

The 5c will become the 5.

blablabla
09-12-2013, 06:11 PM
smart move by apple a worse product for the same money

also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7-RetY7fGo

dyna
09-12-2013, 06:15 PM
The future of phones!!! :bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDAw7vW7H0c

It's A VC3!!!
09-12-2013, 08:24 PM
The future of phones!!! :bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDAw7vW7H0c

that's a great idea. some of the immediate flaws are the unappealing look of the phone. there's definitely a market for it though. i'm not one of the people that buy a new phone every year. i got the iphone 5 a few months ago but before that i was still rocking the iphone 3. this christmas i "might" get the 5s if i'm allowed to upgrade to it for a reasonable cost.

andgar923
09-13-2013, 02:51 AM
I'm really digging the white and yellow one.

http://9to5mac.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/screen-shot-2013-09-12-at-6-29-52-pm.png

Obviously I aint fena cop it, but still they nice.

falc39
09-13-2013, 02:55 AM
Everytime I see those colorful iphones side-by-side it reminds me of google

andgar923
09-13-2013, 02:59 AM
Everytime I see those colorful iphones side-by-side it reminds me of google

Hah I never thought of that.

pauk
09-13-2013, 04:04 AM
Meh... Samsung >>

Haks
09-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Fangirls
Iphone still hasnt got a 1080p screen that almost every phone that came out this year has.
The shitty excuse for a processor is pathetic. 64 bit lmao it literally has nothing on the snapdragon 800.
So it didnt improve the resolution its processor is still weak compared to the htc one the s4 and the moto x. The battery life isnt really significant because phones like the samsung the moto x have replacable batterys. Smh little iphone fangirls going getting happy because the phone is in different colours and has a stupid new unlocking system.
Anyway iphone is an accessory for females and tbh if a man decides to get the 5c/s they should be ashamed of themsslves.
To all of apples puppets. PEACE

andgar923
09-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Fangirls
Iphone still hasnt got a 1080p screen that almost every phone that came out this year has.
The shitty excuse for a processor is pathetic. 64 bit lmao it literally has nothing on the snapdragon 800.
So it didnt improve the resolution its processor is still weak compared to the htc one the s4 and the moto x. The battery life isnt really significant because phones like the samsung the moto x have replacable batterys. Smh little iphone fangirls going getting happy because the phone is in different colours and has a stupid new unlocking system.
Anyway iphone is an accessory for females and tbh if a man decides to get the 5c/s they should be ashamed of themsslves.
To all of apples puppets. PEACE

Somebody sounds mad :lol :lol

KingMillions
09-14-2013, 04:16 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19034mcha34nagif/original.gif

Eat Like A Bosh
11-25-2013, 05:10 PM
I wonder when the iPhone 6 comes out, will Apple discontinue the 5S and make an iPhone 5S out of colorful plastic, calling it the iPhone 5CS?

andgar923
11-25-2013, 05:21 PM
I wonder when the iPhone 6 comes out, will Apple discontinue the 5S and make an iPhone 5S out of colorful plastic, calling it the iPhone 5CS?
The 5C isn't selling so well, who knows.

PleezeBelieve
11-25-2013, 05:47 PM
5c a colossal failure