PDA

View Full Version : Why do high school students insist on being black and acting like gangsters?

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-22-2007, 08:58 PM
White kids because of Eminem probably ,and the fact they feel being "corporate" is selling out. :wtf:

more realistically, they want to be as far away from their parents (successful) as possible so they do this as teenage rebellion.

Asians because of the Korean subculture. I heard Koreans are natural gangsters back in their home country, so they pull that off as well, and the Chinese, Vietnamese, etc... follow suit.

can anyone shed light on these stereotypes?

MetsPackers
02-22-2007, 09:08 PM
I am in high school right now, and I don't understand the either. Apparently they think that talking so you sound like a baby, who is learning to talk, is cool as well. Trust that none of these kids are actual gansters. They suck at sports too, I am the only white guy on my basketball team, all the white "gangsters" got cut.

None of them will fight you either, no matter how many times they say it. In the lunch line last week, one of them grabbed my ass, I shrugged them off because I figured he was kidding. But he did it again, and I hooked him right in the face before he knew I turned around. His "boys" didn't do s*** and it was not worth the suspension.

Basically they are trying to live like gangsters when they have never gone through hard times, fought anyone, or gotten in trouble with the law. They like Lil Wayne and Eminem's music, so they try to act like them, even though they are giving up their futures by f***ing up in school on purpose.

Jailblazers7
02-22-2007, 09:12 PM
They like Lil Wayne and Eminem's music, so they try to act like them, even though they are giving up their futures by f***ing up in school on purpose.

I really do not understand how someone can just give up on school, give no effort in class, and bomb test without thinking or worrying about the consequences or worrying about there future.

vapid
02-22-2007, 09:15 PM
I really do not understand how someone can just give up on school, give no effort in class, and bomb test without thinking or worrying about the consequences or worrying about there future.
I don't mind. It kind of weeds out the ones that wouldn't have made it anyways.

Jailblazers7
02-22-2007, 09:17 PM

I just dont get how people can have that attitude i know i could never do it i care to much about my future.

MetsPackers
02-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Apparently the are "straight up G's" because they act and sound incredibly dumb. I listen to hip-hop, but i would never be stupid enough to do some of the things that rappers have done.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-22-2007, 09:19 PM

regardless, high school is big on social hierarchies, and its amazing how acting like an idiot allows you to ascend the social hierarchy.

at least for Asians, they try to pass themselves off as mysterious ones, who act tough and remain stoic as if once they go to Chinatown after school they become hitmen or something.

the whiteys just act like fools.

The_Masterplan
02-22-2007, 09:34 PM
regardless, high school is big on social hierarchies, and its amazing how acting like an idiot allows you to ascend the social hierarchy.

at least for Asians, they try to pass themselves off as mysterious ones, who act tough and remain stoic as if once they go to Chinatown after school they become hitmen or something.

The gangstas, black and white, at my school just block up the damn hallway yelling and and screaming about dumb ****. Gets on my nerves.

Also my school is upper class, upper middle class and they act all gangsta.

Dont understand and plus they dont try in school. Apparently, it isnt "cool."

Man, i should just quit seriously and go work at tom thumb or something cus that is soooo cool.

Also, I am friends with the smartest black kid in the school. He is going to Georgetown on a soccer scholarship. Hes a ****ing balla and probably the most popular kid at our school.

Jailblazers7
02-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Apparently the are "straight up G's" because they act and sound incredibly dumb. I listen to hip-hop, but i would never be stupid enough to do some of the things that rappers have done.

Yeah same and im not stupid enough to try and talk like them either.

Timmeh
02-22-2007, 10:09 PM
Let me set up my scenario for you:

I go to a highly conservative, private, Christian school. Tuition costs about 2k a year. So, every day I am surrounded by snobby rich ass white kids who think they're gangster. My school also has a good basketball team.

Now, I personally went through my "wannabe gangster" phase in 7th grade, and I grew out of it pretty quick. I'm a junior now, and there is a group of sophomores who, while wearing pink polo shirts with the collar popped, are talking gangster and saying "niggga" and all kinds of crap like that. Sometimes I want to kill them. I hate, hate, hate white kids trying to act black. We just can't pull it off. And I think most blacks would agree with me that when a black guy tries to act white, (when I say white, I mean normal, not sophisticated like Colin Powell or Condi Rice), they just can't do it. It's all a part of the culture that has been in America for a long time. People like Paul Wall, K-Fed, and John Cena who put on this gangster persona just come off as incredibly stupid.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-22-2007, 10:10 PM
what's worse is after a while, some kids get fed up with these obvious fake types and go out and listen to "underground" rap music to stake their "superiority" and then they buy durags of multiple colors and tie it into a flag, or go out and learn the gang signs, or brag with the knowledge that the Crips and Bloods are not centralized gangs, but rather street gangs that share a banner but have no direct affiliation.

The_Masterplan
02-22-2007, 10:14 PM
eminem is the only legit white gangsta. Thats it.

The only "stage" i went through was trying to wear preppy **** (hollister, american eagle, a&f, etc.) in 6-7th grade.
In HS i said **** that and started buying all my clothes from GAP, Old Navy, Foleys etc. Now i wear soccer jersey's on mondays and thursdays and recycle the same 6-8 shirts on tues. wed. and fri. Nobody seems to really care and saves money for me.

Jailblazers7
02-22-2007, 10:31 PM
The thing i hate most about high school is when people dress a certain way to try and fit in. Like right now every single girl in my school has UUGH(sp?) boots just cause its the latest fad. I just wear what looks good on me not what looks good on other people.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-22-2007, 10:33 PM
The thing i hate most about high school is when people dress a certain way to try and fit in. Like right now every single girl in my school has UUGH(sp?) boots just cause its the latest fad. I just wear what looks good on me not what looks good on other people.

Ugg boots and miniskirts were around since my high school days in the late 90s and early 00s. looks hot I think if the girl is curvaceous and hot herself. but even the ugly chicks are doing it *BARFS*

reppy
02-22-2007, 10:56 PM
I wear clothes and don't try to fit into particular category. I hate people that try to categorize themselves. "I'm emo", "I'm goth", "I'm a prep", etc. Stfu and just be a human being.

Mathius
02-22-2007, 11:12 PM
I just dont get how people can have that attitude i know i could never do it i care to much about my future.

Immaturity and probably poor parenting. Kids that age aren't always mature enough to make decisions about their future. They still have it in their heads that things are going to turn out how they want it to, with little effort on their parts.

I'm no expert, but it's probably the parents faults for not stepping in and guiding them in the right direction. And to be honest if they waited until high school to start sending them in the right direction, it's too late.

Mathius

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Bill OReilly tells people to STFU and stop complaining.

at the risk of aligning yourself with such a "hated conservative" do you really mean what you say?

The_Masterplan
02-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Ya, I never wear anything that says a name brand on it or has some weird ass dragon or symbol or drawing on it. Real lame in my opinion.

And i agree with reppy. I wear stuff that looks good on me.

poorlilrich
02-22-2007, 11:58 PM
White people "gangstafy" themselves because they want to be accepted by the Mexican and black cliques. They want to mess around with our women and they want to look "cool" to other white people. They want the other whiteys thinking "Damn that guy looks fresh; He's got connections with the blacks and mexicans"
And the wannabes want the girls to think "damn that white guy looks fresh; he must be wearing all that gangsta **** because he has a big dick" Blacks and Mexicans can take advantage of them though; they are usually the group *****, or the scape goat. If you ask them for money; they'll be like "fa sho n*gga" Makes you want to punch them, but they are giving you money so it's all good.

**** all you ****ING WHITE WANNABE GANGSTAS

The_Masterplan
02-22-2007, 11:59 PM
White people "gangstafy" themselves because they want to be accepted by the Mexican and black cliques. They want to mess around with our women and they want to look "cool" to other white people. They want the other whiteys thinking "Damn that guy looks fresh; He's got connections with the blacks and mexicans"
And the wannabes want the girls to think "damn that white guy looks fresh; he must be wearing all that gangsta **** because he has a big dick" Blacks and Mexicans can take advantage of them though; they are usually the group *****, or the scape goat. If you ask them for money; they'll be like "fa sho n*gga" Makes you want to punch them, but they are giving you money so it's all good.

im pretty sure whiteys have the bigger diks

Q.E.C
02-23-2007, 12:03 AM
its the music affecting the kids. like for an example lil wayne. all he is is a studio gangster. if you have seen lil wayne in person u would be shocked because he's tiny as hell. half the rappers claimin to be somethin are the complete opposite and its just being passed down to them.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-23-2007, 12:10 AM
does Lil Wayne ever come out of the house?

WuTangWizard
02-23-2007, 12:44 AM

Yeah, nobodys going to try to act Mexican so people think they have a bigger dick. WTF kind of logic is that.

StroShow4
02-23-2007, 12:44 AM
kids pretending to be gangsta/tough piss me off no matter what race they are. i don't care what clothes people wear, but people who constantly act tough just piss me off.

LAZYBOY
02-23-2007, 12:49 AM
kids pretending to be gangsta/tough piss me off no matter what race they are.

Exactly

IBLEEDGREEN43
02-23-2007, 12:52 AM
ya know.. i am in college now.. but when i was in high school.. i never really tried to be a gangsta.. everybody goes through hardtimes.. some worse than others.. but most people in my old school tried so hard to be a thug, the girls embraced it.. its ridiculous..

white people that say the N word consistantly.. is insane..

i love music... preferably rap.... and i listen to it every day of my life.. it doesnt mean i am a gangsta.. it means i like the music..

i wear
hats
jerseys
sweatshirts
jeans
watches
necklaces

and drive a jeep with two sub woofers..

and people think i try to be a gangsta.. i love wearing what i wear... i dont understand.. music gets me through days.. thats it.. i am comfortable wearing a jersey, jeans and a sweatshirt... just wear what you want..

ALBballer
02-23-2007, 09:06 AM
It used to kinda bother me, but now I just really don't give a shyt. If white kids want to dress "black" (that term is ****ing stupid btw), then go for it. If they want to speak slang, then say "yo", "*****", and etc. all they want. For most of them it's just a phase and most will outgrow it.

Ironically, what really pisses me off are "Italians." You know the 2nd or 3rd generation Italians (not even pure Italians btw) that spike there hair up, speak with a Italian/Brooklyn slang (even though most of them come from a white suburban neighborhood), and act like there in some mafia or some shyt. They all embrace Italian flags and "Proud to Be Italian" t-shirts, yet none of them speak Italian, know any Italian history, and I bet you about 20% of them can't locate italy on a map, yet, everything they associate themselves with is Italian. BTW, the Italian mafia in America is shyt compared to the Russians and Mexicans you morons.

Rasheed1
02-23-2007, 09:54 AM
for a bunch of people who claim they dont have racial issues, you folks have a lot of issues with the way other people dress..

I guess its a high school thing

ElKuKuy
02-23-2007, 10:51 AM
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork,

Most high school kids that are wannabes are ignorant.Especially the white boys who throw around the n-word like nothing.
All we can do is educate em.

My homeboy wrote a song just for them wannabes.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=59497

Just scroll down to "SESAME STREET THUGS"

Enjoy.

SCREWstonRockets
02-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Thread starter, nice way to sterotype blacks. When will people stop saying acting and dressing "black"?? Because how do are you going to categorize everyone of that race to one thing? The proper term would be "hip hop" because thats exactly what it is. Thats like saying If I wanted to dress "white", I need to wear A polo shirt with a sweater tied around my neck wearing some high water slacks.

Anyways, why does it matter what people wear? Just because they dress "hip hop" means they are trying to be gangsta? You ever stop to think maybe they just like that style and culture, like how in the 70s people were hippies. Its kind of racist to say that only black people can dress that way.

Ever since elementary, I was a fan of rap music. Thats all I listened to growing up, with a little touch of oldies from chilling with my pops. I wear hats, white t-shirts and my Houston jerseys (wore jerseys as a kid, before it was "cool") but not because I'm trying to be gangsta, it's what I feel comfortable wearing. Everybody has a different taste. I'm sure whatever you wear can be categorized by race or genre also. I agree that there are lots of wannabes or whatever, but it's not fair to others that dress like that but don't go around acting like fools.

It's 2007, how ignorant can people still be? Racism will never go away when people still think that only a certain race can dress a certain way.

Cannonball
02-23-2007, 11:12 AM

I love how people can be as racist as they want toward white people.

BUT IF I said that **** right there toward a black person this thread would be packed full of hate messages.

The_Masterplan
02-23-2007, 11:45 AM
for a bunch of people who claim they dont have racial issues, you folks have a lot of issues with the way other people dress..

I guess its a high school thing

Thats a good point but I dont really criticize what they wear. It does annoy me but they can wear what they want. It just annoys me when they think its cool to not try in school and get good grades.

Would "acting white" be getting good grades in school? Would they in turn not be accepted by the black community?

poorlilrich, what makes you such a gangsta then?

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Thread starter, nice way to sterotype blacks. When will people stop saying acting and dressing "black"?? Because how do are you going to categorize everyone of that race to one thing? The proper term would be "hip hop" because thats exactly what it is. Thats like saying If I wanted to dress "white", I need to wear A polo shirt with a sweater tied around my neck wearing some high water slacks.

Anyways, why does it matter what people wear? Just because they dress "hip hop" means they are trying to be gangsta? You ever stop to think maybe they just like that style and culture, like how in the 70s people were hippies. Its kind of racist to say that only black people can dress that way.

Ever since elementary, I was a fan of rap music. Thats all I listened to growing up, with a little touch of oldies from chilling with my pops. I wear hats, white t-shirts and my Houston jerseys (wore jerseys as a kid, before it was "cool") but not because I'm trying to be gangsta, it's what I feel comfortable wearing. Everybody has a different taste. I'm sure whatever you wear can be categorized by race or genre also. I agree that there are lots of wannabes or whatever, but it's not fair to others that dress like that but don't go around acting like fools.

It's 2007, how ignorant can people still be? Racism will never go away when people still think that only a certain race can dress a certain way.

why do bleeding heart liberals always bandy semantics to sell a story? :sleeping

stereotypes are harmful and bad, but that does not mean they are false.

can you dispute the fact that dressing "urban" did not originate from the inner city, predominantly by African Americans?

okay, I Should have been more politically correct and used the term "urban" rather than Black.

so sorry. :violin:

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-23-2007, 12:34 PM
in the end, my gripe is not with the style they copy or the way they choose to live their life, it's just that they think by doing it, they have attained some sort of special privilege and that it auotmatically gives them free rein to do whatever they feel like because they have suddenly become a "big man on campus."

different107
02-23-2007, 01:19 PM
and there is a group of sophomores who, while wearing pink polo shirts with the collar popped, are talking gangster and saying "niggga" and all kinds of crap like that.

:roll: preppy gangsters...haha

Rasheed1
02-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Thats a good point but I dont really criticize what they wear. It does annoy me but they can wear what they want. It just annoys me when they think its cool to not try in school and get good grades.

If they dont wanna work hard in school and they wanna flunk out, I guess thats their business...

I just think it perpetuates alot of problems we already have in society when people try to tie this sort of behavior to black folks...cant blame rap because these kids act the way they do.

I went to school with the headbanger contingent and they flunked outta school regularly and got high all the time, drank booze instead of studying... I dont remember labeling that as 'white people' behavior..

people should remember that kids are just that......kids, and high school is the period in a child's life where they 'try on' a couple of different personas in order to figure out which one best fits them..

Would "acting white" be getting good grades in school? Would they in turn not be accepted by the black community?

There are some kids who will say that a kid "talks white" if the kid talks really proper or in a soft spoken way...

But it will only be a small number of kids...Its not like a kid wont be be accepted by his peers because he studies and gets good grades....It becomes a point of teasing.....

I have never seen a kid 'not be accepted by the black community' because they got good grades....that is a myth.....and I work in a school system

Ive seen kids get teased over it.....But then again Ive seen kids teased over everything.....Every kid in school gets teased for something..

Either you are too:
black
fat
ugly
pretty
white
skinny
dirty
mama's boy
poor

you name it, & some kid is targeted for teasing because of it..

When these kids grow older and figure out their identity, they'll change their style of dress and talk.....

its really just a phase that kids go thru

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-23-2007, 01:36 PM
still... I've made acquaintances with African American classmates in high school (some on the ball team, some are "straight up Gs" from the Castle Hill neighborhood in the Bronx, etc..) and I can never recall any of them saying:

"fo shizzle my dizzle. that's off the heezy deezy!"

where da ****k did that crap come from?

glidedrxlr22
02-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Ironically, what really pisses me off are "Italians." You know the 2nd or 3rd generation Italians (not even pure Italians btw) that spike there hair up, speak with a Italian/Brooklyn slang (even though most of them come from a white suburban neighborhood), and act like there in some mafia or some shyt.

Are you talking about these dudes:

http://www.iballer.com/malecelebs/gottis/images/g6_jpg.jpg

MTing
02-23-2007, 02:35 PM
I dont know but I laugh at the ******s in my school

SCREWstonRockets
02-23-2007, 02:39 PM
still... I've made acquaintances with African American classmates in high school (some on the ball team, some are "straight up Gs" from the Castle Hill neighborhood in the Bronx, etc..) and I can never recall any of them saying:

"fo shizzle my dizzle. that's off the heezy deezy!"

where da ****k did that crap come from?

You should thank Snoop Dog for all that. I believe he is the one that started that stuff.

Twoston Rockets
02-23-2007, 02:55 PM
theyre just products of their environment. if a white kid grows up with in an urban environment with african americans, hes influenced to speak, dress, and carry himself with that culture. its the same anywhere in the world. some kids just fall easier to peer pressure to try to fit in. the high school years are about finding out where u fit in, college is where u discover who you are.

Enigmatism
02-23-2007, 03:09 PM
cuz everyone is/was an idiot in high school... no one really knows who they are til awhile after

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-23-2007, 03:29 PM
once at a barbershop, I saw this little "white gangsters" sitting doing beatboxing (or w/e it is called)

he had hung up his New Era hat on a coat rack, and I went to hang my coat up on a nearby hook, and by accident I knocked his hat to the floor. I picked it up and was going to say sorry for being clumsy, then he just blows up:

"yooo [N-word] wtfff is your problem? didn't you ****en see my hat on the hook? imma Fukc you up now"

now this kid is shorter than me and thinner than me and if he had talked white I would have just played it off, but after hearing him purposely put in the "urban" intonation in each of his words, I straight up called him a "wanksta" and said I would like to see him try.

then he smirks, takes his hat and leaves the barbershop. but not before saying "One" (what does that mean?) and flashes the dynasty sign with his hands.

:wtf:

Rasheed1
02-23-2007, 03:35 PM
once at a barbershop, I saw this little "white gangsters" sitting doing beatboxing (or w/e it is called)

he had hung up his New Era hat on a coat rack, and I went to hang my coat up on a nearby hook, and by accident I knocked his hat to the floor. I picked it up and was going to say sorry for being clumsy, then he just blows up:

"yooo [N-word] wtfff is your problem? didn't you ****en see my hat on the hook? imma Fukc you up now"

now this kid is shorter than me and thinner than me and if he had talked white I would have just played it off, but after hearing him purposely put in the "urban" intonation in each of his words, I straight up called him a "wanksta" and said I would like to see him try.

then he smirks, takes his hat and leaves the barbershop. but not before saying "One" (what does that mean?) and flashes the dynasty sign with his hands.

So you know what a wanksta is, but you dont know what 'one' means?

:confusedshrug:

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-23-2007, 03:36 PM
*shrugs*

everyone knows what a wankster is.

don't tell me, does one have to do with 50 Cent? or how he always "stays in the house" to count his money?

PacersFan
02-23-2007, 03:52 PM
I believe "one" means later or something similar to that.

SCREWstonRockets
02-23-2007, 04:09 PM
theyre just products of their environment. if a white kid grows up with in an urban environment with african americans, hes influenced to speak, dress, and carry himself with that culture. its the same anywhere in the world. some kids just fall easier to peer pressure to try to fit in. the high school years are about finding out where u fit in, college is where u discover who you are.
:oldlol: Damn man, we damn near got the same alias and avatar. Talk about a small world. Anyways, that was a great post. I agree with it all.

I understand what you are saying now. No way in hell I let some mothafuka talk to me like that. Its hilarious how you call him out and all he does is leave. Not to mention he had the courtesy :oldlol: to tell you "Goodbye" because "One" is slang for later,goodbye,ect. Actually, I don't even understand why he said ONE or flashed the dynasty sign after being called out. Maybe he got misinformed and thinks ONE is a diss and the dynasty sign means "F*&$ You"?? :confusedshrug:

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-23-2007, 04:25 PM
:oldlol: Damn man, we damn near got the same alias and avatar. Talk about a small world. Anyways, that was a great post. I agree with it all.

I understand what you are saying now. No way in hell I let some mothafuka talk to me like that. Its hilarious how you call him out and all he does is leave. Not to mention he had the courtesy :oldlol: to tell you "Goodbye" because "One" is slang for later,goodbye,ect. Actually, I don't even understand why he said ONE or flashed the dynasty sign after being called out. Maybe he got misinformed and thinks ONE is a diss and the dynasty sign means "F*&$ You"?? :confusedshrug:

:oldlol:

reminds me of a time when I was in middle school many years ago when me and my friends taught the Chinese exchange student that the middle finger meant hello, and the crotch chop meant "thank you teacher."

hilarity ensued.

IlliniFan
02-23-2007, 04:30 PM
:oldlol:

reminds me of a time when I was in middle school many years ago when me and my friends taught the Chinese exchange student that the middle finger meant hello, and the crotch chop meant "thank you teacher."

hilarity ensued.
hahaha Thats ****ed up.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-23-2007, 04:31 PM
hahaha Thats ****ed up.

yeah.

funny stuff. but don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Asians. some of my good friends are Asian.

hell I would teach any foreign exchange student that stuff.

IlliniFan
02-23-2007, 04:34 PM
yeah.

funny stuff. but don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Asians. some of my good friends are Asian.

hell I would teach any foreign exchange student that stuff.
I wasn't calling you racist or anything. I'm just saying that's a good way to get a kid in trouble. I would have probably found it hilarious too if I was there. It's surprising he didn't know what the finger meant. I thought that was pretty universal by now.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-23-2007, 04:37 PM
I wasn't calling you racist or anything. I'm just saying that's a good way to get a kid in trouble. I would have probably found it hilarious too if I was there. It's surprising he didn't know what the finger meant. I thought that was pretty universal by now.

true true, I understand you weren't tryin that. but I just wanted to clear the air before someone did.

the best part was when he actually did it:

"Helllllo, Mr. EIISSENBERG!" *flips him off*

"Young man! Where did you learn that obscene gesture?"

"What? I say hello!"

"Someone must have pulled a prank on you right? Never do that again!"

"sorry."

then when the bell rings:

"Mr. Eisenberg! See you tomorrow." (Crotch chop)

"THAT'S IT, GO TO THE DEAN'S OFFICE"

heavensdevil
02-23-2007, 05:03 PM
good post.

Some ppl are Products of their enviornment, like someone stated earlier... the fake dudes (no matter what race, white,black, asian, whatever) are just ppl who think they get more respect if they acted or dressed a certain way, BET fuks ppl up.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-23-2007, 05:10 PM
some white dudes would used to come to school dressed in all yellow with a black durag, or vice versa or some combination and the Latino and black kids would call them "Latinassassins" a portmanteau of what I believe now is the Latin Kings (Yellow banner) and the Assassins (Dark Purple banner, some black gang in Shaolin Staten Island)

or when a white kid rocks a ABA Nets JErsey with the red white and blue, and ties red and blue durags all over his head and pants. :violin:

heavensdevil
02-23-2007, 05:57 PM
thats a bad look...:oldlol:

jumpman23
02-23-2007, 11:05 PM
yeah man i totally agree with all of u i hate when white people asians latino people try acting black. cant they just be their own race???? im indian and im like the only normal kid in my whole school. i dont try fitting into the prep, gangster or goth sects. and it annoys me the most when people try talking like black people:mad: . now black people are looking down on anyone who isnt black or trying to be black,(at least in my school)

Take Your Lumps
02-24-2007, 05:05 AM
High school was such a joke.

You just have to know how to work the system to have a good time.

Junior/Senior year.....I probably went to less than 50% of my classes and still passed with all A's & B's.

You just have to be slick & making friends with gullible teachers doesn't hurt either.

About those kids though...........as long as they're cleaning up our toilets and cooking up those angus burgers, they're alright with me :D

They want to **** up on purpose for 4 years?

They get to think about it for 40 years just scraping by.........

SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST BABY

If you don't succeed in America, you're a doucheb@g.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-24-2007, 11:22 AM
About those kids though...........as long as they're cleaning up our toilets and cooking up those angus burgers, they're alright with me :D

:bowdown:

bokes15
02-24-2007, 11:29 AM
:roll: i'm sure you've inspected your fair share.

bokes15
02-24-2007, 11:45 AM

Why does it always have to be the black community responsible for everything? When I was in HS, I knew blacks, whites, asians, mexicans, etc.. who didn't try in school.

The valedictorian of my school was black. Why is it always assumed that whites are smarter? Just because you guys are in the positions of power or something?:confusedshrug:

The_Masterplan
02-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Why does it always have to be the black community responsible for everything? When I was in HS, I knew blacks, whites, asians, mexicans, etc.. who didn't try in school.

The valedictorian of my school was black. Why is it always assumed that whites are smarter? Just because you guys are in the positions of power or something?:confusedshrug:

Because i dont know many black people that are in upper level classes. My school is like 90% black and my best friend is black and is taking BC calc so if they just try and study then they can be smart and get good grades.

There are a lot of white people and mexicans that dont try either but we were on the subject of "gangsta" and "acting black" so i was talking about black people.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-24-2007, 12:51 PM
statistics don't lie.

stereotypes may be harmful and bad, but they often have an ounce of truth in them.

the individual may succeed, but the population is weighed down through the passage of time.

The_Masterplan
02-24-2007, 12:55 PM
i think its just the ratio. There are lots of country kids out there that dont do anything either. Just drink beer, shoot shotguns and brand cows.

My government teacher thinks the only way to solve the education problem is the "10,000 dollar voucher" system.

Seems like an easy solution but it would be pretty bad. The best schools would be crowded. The rich kids at the public school would go to the private schools for the richer kids and the innercity schools would go to the nice suburban schools etc.

bokes15
02-24-2007, 12:57 PM
statistics don't lie.

show me the statistics.

The_Masterplan
02-24-2007, 12:58 PM
show me the statistics.

on what? Black people being less successful?

http://www.hsalliance.org/statistics/index.asp

bokes15
02-24-2007, 12:59 PM
ask vcdrivesaporsche. he's the one who said statistics don't lie.

Twoston Rockets
02-24-2007, 02:55 PM
i wish i had a chinese exchange student back in high school. that shyts HIGHlarious.

bokes15
02-24-2007, 03:22 PM

http://www.hsalliance.org/statistics/index.asp

In the 35 largest cities, fewer than 50 % of 9th graders complete high school.

69% of all high school students graduate. Broken down further, 53% of Hispanic students graduate; 55% of African American students graduate, 57% of Native American students graduate; 76% percent of white students graduate; and 79% pf Asian students graduate.

More than 70% of high school students go to schools with more than 1,000 students.

An African American male born today is twice as likely to go to prison than college.

30% of college freshmen don't make it to sophomore year, and less than 50% receive college degrees.

29.4% of 16-24 year old Latinos dropped out of high school in 1996, as compared to 13% of African Americans and 7.3% of whites.

56% of young Hispanics who have not completed high school have not progressed past the ninth grade. This compares to 31% of white and 27% of African-American dropouts.

Only 35% of Hispanic high school seniors are enrolled in college-preparatory programs, compared with 50% of non-Hispanic white students.

Fewer than 5% (4.67%) of the bachelor's degrees awarded nationwide in 1995 went to Latino/Mexican-American students, as compared to 7.5% for African Americans, and 78.7% for European Americans.

So I guess you proved it. Being black means being dumb and unsuccessful right?

Or maybe it's that some people don't have the money to get a good education and therefore have bigger dreams of being a rich and successful athlete, rapper, etc...

Targus
02-24-2007, 04:19 PM
i dont really care about the kids who are acting "black" and ghetto or whatever, it just starts to get annoying when it gets to being "dumb"

The_Masterplan
02-24-2007, 06:51 PM
So I guess you proved it. Being black means being dumb and unsuccessful right?

Or maybe it's that some people don't have the money to get a good education and therefore have bigger dreams of being a rich and successful athlete, rapper, etc...

where did i say that?

I didnt say they were dumb they just dont study.

I wouldnt necessarily call becoming an athlete and a rapper a "bigger dream."
That isnt even a good thing necessarily.
They can study hard and get good grades and hopefully get a scholarship to a university or just go to the local community college and transfer to another college by saving up money.

But i do agree, tuition is ridiculous for college.

Also, this is for the bolded part, if they dont have enough money to get an education then they mustv'e been unsuccessful in the first place (since you are referring to blacks not having enough money). It has to start somewhere

Bourne
02-24-2007, 07:22 PM
What country are those from? To have fewer than 50% of ninth graders graduate is totally pathetic. Please tell me that isn't the US.

Skywalker
02-24-2007, 07:24 PM
wtf? like 91% graduate from my school. if that is the US, no Canadian jokes should ever be made again.

Jailblazers7
02-24-2007, 07:57 PM
Ugg boots and miniskirts were around since my high school days in the late 90s and early 00s. looks hot I think if the girl is curvaceous and hot herself. but even the ugly chicks are doing it *BARFS*

Some girls look really good with em but the problem is 70% of the girls that wear them are ugly.

JtotheIzzo
02-25-2007, 12:13 AM
White kids because of Eminem probably ,and the fact they feel being "corporate" is selling out. :wtf:

more realistically, they want to be as far away from their parents (successful) as possible so they do this as teenage rebellion.

Asians because of the Korean subculture. I heard Koreans are natural gangsters back in their home country, so they pull that off as well, and the Chinese, Vietnamese, etc... follow suit.

Kids want to be tough and thuggish.

aint nothin changed

when I was young (I am older with respect to ISH) being tough was being a headbanger, then hip hop came in and flipped the switched and gangster rap came off as way tougher than any death metal band could ever dream of.

kids wanna be tough, hence youngins today are hip hop.

I work overseas so I am always shocked when I go home and hit the malls and see all the kids hangin outside smoking and how hip hop they are when back in my day they were longhairs in jean jackets with Metallica or ACDC on the back.

its a trend, it'll change, think about how funny the past few years in history will look when we look back see ourselves clammering about in oversized throwbacks.

IlliniFan
02-25-2007, 12:26 AM
wtf? like 91% graduate from my school. if that is the US, no Canadian jokes should ever be made again.
It's because the Canadian Public School system is a joke. My cousin, who lives in a town right outside Toronto told me an 80% and above is an A. WTF is that. Over here an 80% is a C+. Also failing here is a 63% and below, over there its 50% and below. That **** is ridiculous.

0ne50
02-25-2007, 12:52 AM

On the contrary, if you are talking about today's rap culture as being black. Today's rap culture is just as white as it is anything else. Just because most of the rap artists are black it doesn't reflect black people. Black people aint all gangsters like you think. A good percentage want to be gangsters, but as you can see by all the "stop snitching" merchandise being sold, there is a vast majority of fake thugs out there. They don't really live by that gangster code. Just pretending, and pretty good at it. And not ot bust your bubble, this black gangster act Is ACTUALLY coporate... just look at who is making the most money off of it. Plus, who it is being sold to.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Kids want to be tough and thuggish.

aint nothin changed

when I was young (I am older with respect to ISH) being tough was being a headbanger, then hip hop came in and flipped the switched and gangster rap came off as way tougher than any death metal band could ever dream of.

kids wanna be tough, hence youngins today are hip hop.

I work overseas so I am always shocked when I go home and hit the malls and see all the kids hangin outside smoking and how hip hop they are when back in my day they were longhairs in jean jackets with Metallica or ACDC on the back.

its a trend, it'll change, think about how funny the past few years in history will look when we look back see ourselves clammering about in oversized throwbacks.

it makes a lot of sense. i mean back in the 80s and 90s, im sure we had these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guiqtwx6uW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiosgJMSwdM

GoRapz
02-25-2007, 01:37 AM
It's because the Canadian Public School system is a joke. My cousin, who lives in a town right outside Toronto told me an 80% and above is an A. WTF is that. Over here an 80% is a C+. Also failing here is a 63% and below, over there its 50% and below. That **** is ridiculous.

What the ****? American systems are ****ed. 126% is an A? :oldlol: what kind of system are you guys running?

Oh, and to add to your list, kids in elementary Catholic schools cannot fail no matter how bad you do.

WuTangWizard
02-25-2007, 03:02 AM
What the ****? American systems are ****ed. 126% is an A? :oldlol: what kind of system are you guys running?

Oh, and to add to your list, kids in elementary Catholic schools cannot fail no matter how bad you do.

:roll: :roll: :roll: 80% and above is an A. That's pathetic.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Canadian school systems are jokes.

80% is an A? do you know how easy it is to get an A in American schools? if I were in Canada I''d probably be getting A+++++++

but in the end, both Canadian and American public school systems are jokes. its the University system that America has the trump card in.

JtotheIzzo
02-25-2007, 01:38 PM

I cant speak for that specific school, but a vast majority of Canadian High Schools use percentages as oppose to letter grades in marking, so it really doesn't matter what an 'A' is.

The_Masterplan
02-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Canadian school systems are jokes.

80% is an A? do you know how easy it is to get an A in American schools? if I were in Canada I''d probably be getting A+++++++

but in the end, both Canadian and American public school systems are jokes. its the University system that America has the trump card in.

pretty much. Everyone gets a second chance. You can go to a community college when your 30 and realize you have screwed up your life.

KnicksForever
02-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Why do high school students insist on being black and acting like gangsters?

they're a bunch of fools. i bet most of them don't even know why they're acting that way. one big problem with alot of kids is they never sit down and think hard about their life. they always keep moving and follow the bad influence from friends/TV because they want to be accepted. that's all they want. they know nothing better. they're very weak mentally AND PSYSICALLY. 1 on 1? they're "easy chew".

poorlilrich
02-26-2007, 12:44 PM

you guys (posters on ISH) assume to much!!!

I never once said I was a gangsta; all i said is I hate when white kids talk and act "black".

poorlilrich
02-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Because i dont know many black people that are in upper level classes. My school is like 90% black and my best friend is black and is taking BC calc so if they just try and study then they can be smart and get good grades.

There are a lot of white people and mexicans that dont try either but we were on the subject of "gangsta" and "acting black" so i was talking about black people.

Texas A&M is 90% black? :eek:

Is your best friend really black? :eek:

Spike Spiegel
02-26-2007, 04:56 PM
(Let me first say that thugs and wannabe thugs alike are the most annoying people alive)

Let me put something "bold" out there.

You don't act a color you frickin' morons. You can act a culture, but you don't act a color. How the flying **** can you 'act black'? Do all black people actlike that? No, you dip****s. White kids who act "urban gangster" are annoying. Not white kids who act "black" because you can't act a color.

Goddamn there's a lot of ignorant ass people in the world.

What's ironic in all of this is that black people are most associated with the words 'thug' and 'gangster' when blacks weren't even the first people to implement that kid of lifestyle. Educate yourselves, and maybe then stereotypes will start to disintegrate.

Spike Spiegel
02-26-2007, 04:57 PM
btw, the hispanics who throw the word ***** around and act gangster are even more annoying than the white kids. They actually think they "deserve" to be a part of the culture and are therefore allowed to say the word, for whatever dumb reason is in their head.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
02-26-2007, 05:58 PM
(Let me first say that thugs and wannabe thugs alike are the most annoying people alive)

Let me put something "bold" out there.

You don't act a color you frickin' morons. You can act a culture, but you don't act a color. How the flying **** can you 'act black'? Do all black people actlike that? No, you dip****s. White kids who act "urban gangster" are annoying. Not white kids who act "black" because you can't act a color.

Goddamn there's a lot of ignorant ass people in the world.

What's ironic in all of this is that black people are most associated with the words 'thug' and 'gangster' when blacks weren't even the first people to implement that kid of lifestyle. Educate yourselves, and maybe then stereotypes will start to disintegrate.

bleeding heart liberal first bandies my semantics, acts all high and righteous because he champions political correctness, then calls everyone out for being stupid because they are saying one "acts black."

well let me offer you a counterpoint:

being a gangster is defined as being someone who operates crime in a gang.

you say educate myself with history.

you are right. there was Al Capone. big exmple right there.

but when was the last time kids walked around trying to bootleg liquor and apply the kiss of death to their enemies and talk with a thick Italian accent?

don't tell me white people first started the whole trend of wearing baseball caps, white people started rapping, and white people started the whole trend of calling women "bittches and hos?"

if you don't like the stereotyping associated with black and being urban gangster, then I will keep that in mind and strive to be more politically correct.

but if you come into the discussion guns blazing spewing your righteous liberal nonsense left and right and expect people to give you props. :violin:

if Bill OReilly is crucified for his views and how he blatantly and arrogantly presents them, then you should equally be crucified for your conduct.

Revelation
02-26-2007, 06:23 PM
I wear clothes and don't try to fit into particular category. I hate people that try to categorize themselves. "I'm emo", "I'm goth", "I'm a prep", etc. Stfu and just be a human being.

True true.

The_Masterplan
02-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Texas A&M is 90% black? :eek:

Is your best friend really black? :eek:

lol i meant 90% white and im still in high school and my best friend is black.

Spike Spiegel
02-27-2007, 02:15 AM
bleeding heart liberal first bandies my semantics, acts all high and righteous because he champions political correctness, then calls everyone out for being stupid because they are saying one "acts black."

well let me offer you a counterpoint:

being a gangster is defined as being someone who operates crime in a gang.

you say educate myself with history.

you are right. there was Al Capone. big exmple right there.

but when was the last time kids walked around trying to bootleg liquor and apply the kiss of death to their enemies and talk with a thick Italian accent?

don't tell me white people first started the whole trend of wearing baseball caps, white people started rapping, and white people started the whole trend of calling women "bittches and hos?"

if you don't like the stereotyping associated with black and being urban gangster, then I will keep that in mind and strive to be more politically correct.

but if you come into the discussion guns blazing spewing your righteous liberal nonsense left and right and expect people to give you props. :violin:

if Bill OReilly is crucified for his views and how he blatantly and arrogantly presents them, then you should equally be crucified for your conduct.

Liberal nonsense? wtf are you talking about? Saying acting 'black' asbeing wrong in its entirety is political nonsense? What the hell are you talking about? Pull your head out your ass and get off my goddamn nuts. I wasn't even specifically talking about you, and why would I expect props when I'm expressing an opinion that obviously isn't shared by many people? You're thought is flawed, illogical, and ignorant.

You thinking that saying acting 'black' is liberal left-wing ideals, it just shows how much of an ignorant person you are.

Later Bush.

*puts on ignore*

brwnman
02-27-2007, 03:36 AM
Not sure about alot of kids, but I dress for comfort... are some of my clothes long to the extent where my parents don't like it, sure, but I feel comfortable in that... like I got a bunch of different clothes in different sizes, got exact fitted, some long, some supa long, but I go with what suits me, not "trying to be black," sure I do go with the flow/trends, but number 1 rule for me is comfort...

The_Masterplan
03-01-2007, 12:20 PM
bumper cars

RainierBeachPoet
07-09-2007, 09:54 AM
:D

dak121
07-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Posts like this is why I sometimes feel embarassed to be an American. Other countries have problems themselves, but the ignorance of most Americans is unbelievable. And this is across all races, religions, political parties, sexual preference, etc.

There is no such thing as culture anymore anyways. It died out years ago. Unless you consider the garbage that the media in this country spews out daily as culture. At least I hope not.

El Kabong
07-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Some girls look really good with em but the problem is 70% of the girls that wear them are ugly.
It seems the only ones I see wearing ug boots are the ones that are really short and thier legs are really thick and stumpy.

I'm the same. I wear black jeans all the time and I get made fun of for trying to be "emo". It's like WTF? I've been wearing black jeans since I was 5 years old. Besides, I don't wear the skin tight ball busters like they do. But I always had a problem with people making fun of how I dress.

Akrazotile
04-21-2014, 01:13 AM

:roll:

dude77
04-21-2014, 01:33 AM
whenever someone in school would talk to me like that .. 'yo igga this or that etc' or anything like that, I always felt kinda embarrassed for them .. it sounds like some type of caricature or acting .. shit can't be real because it's so fkn retarded

christian1923
04-21-2014, 01:41 AM
Cause that shit gets you bitchhes in high school

dude77
04-21-2014, 01:46 AM
you know let me add to that .. I don't know if anyone has said it .. but it's also dependent on who you're hanging out with and who your friends are .. if they all talk a certain way, chances are you're gonna start talking that way if you're entrenched in that group long enough and have been with that friend group for long enough ..

also, some people know how to 'turn it on or off' .. some people get all ghetto with a certain group and totally switch with another group that talks another way

tomtucker
04-21-2014, 01:21 PM
I don't want to draw attention........so i wear regular joe clothing.
If you see some in gangsta wear, there is a good chance they are not criminals

Jailblazers7
04-21-2014, 01:23 PM
I really hate when these threads get bumped and I see posts from 15-16 year old me. Can't believe I'm still on this ****ing messageboard.

step_back
04-21-2014, 01:47 PM
I really hate when these threads get bumped and I see posts from 15-16 year old me. Can't believe I'm still on this ****ing messageboard.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

JohnnySic
04-21-2014, 01:55 PM
Well thankfully no one does this anymore (I guess/hope). Hip hop is dead (as a major pop cultural force at least). The thug look is out. Wigg ers are a historical relic. Took long enough too.

Shade8780
04-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Some people in my school do that, except they act like travellers (Irish gypsies). It's so stupid.

2LeTTeRS
04-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Well thankfully no one does this anymore (I guess/hope). Hip hop is dead (as a major pop cultural force at least). The thug look is out. Wigg ers are a historical relic. Took long enough too.

I'd say its worse than ever. Baggy clothes are gone; but seems like kids are taking tight shit to the next level while wearing as many bright colors as possible.

tmacattack33
04-21-2014, 02:10 PM
I remember that sh*t in high school. And in college.

Sh*t was fun.

Don't get too upset about it.

If someone really was dumb enough to purposefuly get bad grades or skip class or do drugs just because it made them look gangster, then good. That means they must be pretty stupid and so its good that they got weeded out.