PDA

View Full Version : Top European players ever - according to players at Eurobasket

Grinder
09-17-2013, 08:57 PM
A popular basketball website which can't be mentioned here took a poll of 38 players at Eurobasket and asked them to name their top 5 European players of all time. These were the results:

http://i40.tinypic.com/15s24xh.png

Some of the guys that got votes are hilarious. :oldlol:

I can't say I agree with the order. What's your guys' top 5?

Eric Cartman
09-17-2013, 09:05 PM
If you count Petrovic 1st and 2nd place votes (19) that's a ****ing landslide win. Parker shouldn't be in no goddamn top 5 :facepalm

dr.hee
09-17-2013, 09:10 PM
1. Dirk Nowitzki
2. Nikos Galis
3. Drazen Petrovic
4. Dejan Bodiroga
5. Pau Gasol

Inferno
09-17-2013, 09:12 PM
V-Span at 28 :oldlol:

G-train
09-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Not really dealing with bright guys when you look at those results.

SyRyanYang
09-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Divac at #22 is a bit low isn't it?

Maga_1
09-17-2013, 09:20 PM
What a joke :lol

Trollsmasher
09-17-2013, 09:25 PM
V-Span:lol

alexd
09-17-2013, 10:02 PM
1)Petrovic
2)Sabonis
3)Nowitzki
4)Diamantidis
5)Parker/Bodiroga

Its a debate who was better Diamantidis or Galis.Galis in Greece is a mythic figure.Something like Wilt for the NBA.He brought basketball in my country and he was perhaps the best offensive player we ever had.But Diamantidis was much better at everything else.Taller,longer,better leader,better defender so my vote goes to him

andremiller07
09-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Klezia above Divac oh lord........

USABall
09-17-2013, 10:10 PM
This is a good idea, it's a shame the sample size is quite abysmal.

lol at Galis not being on it :facepalm

Euroleague
09-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Why would they only ask 38 players, out of the hundreds at the tournament?

Euroleague
09-17-2013, 10:15 PM
1)Petrovic
2)Sabonis
3)Nowitzki
4)Diamantidis
5)Parker/Bodiroga

Its a debate who was better Diamantidis or Galis.Galis in Greece is a mythic figure.Something like Wilt for the NBA.He brought basketball in my country and he was perhaps the best offensive player we ever had.But Diamantidis was much better at everything else.Taller,longer,better leader,better defender so my vote goes to him

:lol :oldlol: :roll:

I laughed for a good 30 seconds.

GTFO

You big hook nose masons are a sick sick sick group.

You really are severely deranged mentally.

alexd
09-17-2013, 10:34 PM
:lol :oldlol: :roll:

I laughed for a good 30 seconds.

GTFO

You big hook nose masons are a sick sick sick group.

You really are severely deranged mentally.

Diamantidis is in top 15 in these categories in Euroleague
perfonamance index (3rd)
total points scored (16th)
total ebounds(15th)
total assists(2nd)
total steals(1st)
total blocks(15th)
total 3 points made(15th)
Lets compare to your God Spanoulis
Spanoulis is
perfomance index : 16th
total points scored : 13th
total assists: 6th
and....thats it..:roll: :roll: :roll:
if you think that every player can do that yeah sure laugh
Galis was a much much better scorer than any other Greek player we had.That doesn t mean he was the best player ever.Mj is considered the best because he can score better than everyone else?NO
Diamantidis had a rare combination for a guard.He could score when needed,he was a superb defender,he was tall,long and above all a leader.A guy you can trust the ball.He put the team above his stats and success

Euroleague
09-17-2013, 10:49 PM
perfonamance index (3rd)
total ebounds(15th)
total assists(2nd)
total steals(1st)
total blocks(15th)
Spanoulis is
and....thats it..:roll: :roll: :roll:
if you think that every player can do that yeah sure laugh
Galis was a much much better scorer than any other Greek player we had.That doesn t mean he was the best player ever.Mj is considered the best because he can score better than everyone else?NO
Diamantidis had a rare combination for a guard.He could score when needed,he was a superb defender,he was tall,long and above all a leader.A guy you can trust the ball.He put the team above his stats and success

You are an Albanian Turk.

Just leave.

Go to the Masonic Lodge and pay your dues.

DuMa
09-17-2013, 10:49 PM
i guess they dont consider ginobili an european player then?

and im surprised Šarūnas Marčiulionis didnt get a mention at least.

alexd
09-17-2013, 10:53 PM
You are an Albanian Turk.

Just leave.

Go to the Masonic Lodge and pay your dues.
so you got 0 response to the FACTS i just presented to you?:lol :lol :lol :lol
yeah go hide in a basement and let us talk about basketball plz because you obviously don t know anything about the game

Psileas
09-17-2013, 11:43 PM
Words can't express what an atrocious list this is...
I never expected players to have much knowledge of history, but this goes beyond normal ignorance.

TheMilkyBarKid
09-17-2013, 11:47 PM
Parker ahead of dirk??? Come on

KG215
09-18-2013, 12:09 AM
i guess they dont consider ginobili an european player then?

Why would they? Ever seen a map? Argentina is in South America, not Europe.

K
09-18-2013, 12:17 AM
Why would they? Ever seen a map? Argentina is in South America, not Europe.

He has Italian citizenship.

KG215
09-18-2013, 12:37 AM
[QUOTE=K

SamuraiSWISH
09-18-2013, 01:03 AM
Dirk
Petrovic
Sabonis
Gasol

The rest are all tied for "whatever" to me

JtotheIzzo
09-18-2013, 01:07 AM
1-Dirk
2-Tony Parker
3-Pau Gasol
4-Sabonis
5-Petrovic/Anthony Parker

kkb_12
09-18-2013, 01:15 AM
1. Cosic
2. Nowitzky
3. Kukoc
4. Sabonis
5. Petrovic

SamuraiSWISH
09-18-2013, 01:16 AM
Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are insanely overrated, all-time wise. Even just in regards to foreign born players. Is Ginobili any better than Sarunas Marciulionis? Because I don't particularly think so.

Rooster
09-18-2013, 01:23 AM
Didn't know that. But he was born and raised in Argentina and always plays(ed) for Argentina's national team. He played in Euroleague before coming to the NBA, right? Guess I can see why some might think of him as a European player. I've just always thought of him as being Argentinian, so I've never really associated him with Europe.

Majority of Argentinian are descendants of Italian immigrants and Ginobili happen to be one of them. So he is considered Italian also.

Sakkreth
09-18-2013, 01:26 AM
1-Dirk
2-Tony Parker
3-Pau Gasol
4-Sabonis

Lmao at Tony and Pau over Sabonis...

Rooster
09-18-2013, 01:30 AM
Lmao at Tony and Pau over Sabonis...

Are you trying to spread a myth again regarding Sabas.:facepalm :facepalm

ukballer
09-18-2013, 02:33 AM
Not a single vote, or mention here for Peja Stojaković. Wow.

Sakkreth
09-18-2013, 02:43 AM
Whatever that list is shit, tony parker 10 first place votes, no galis and so on... Joke of a list.

SpurrDurr
09-18-2013, 02:45 AM
I watched a Croatia game the other day out of curiosity and i gotta say i was really impressed by Bodiroga. How comes he never happened to play in NBA?

Sakkreth
09-18-2013, 02:48 AM
I watched a Croatia game the other day out of curiosity and i gotta say i was really impressed by Bodiroga. How comes he never happened to play in NBA?

:facepalm

PAOK
09-18-2013, 02:55 AM
going by position...

PG Petrovic
SG Galis
SF Bodiroga
PF Nowitzki
C Sabonis

That would be a nice starting lineup.

as for the diamantidis/galis debate, i think we are always a little biased towards past players. Thats why you wont see current players like navarro, jasikevicius, diamantidis etc getting mentioned in top 10 lists.

Nero Tulip
09-18-2013, 03:32 AM
:rockon: great list!

Although I don't really understand why Jim Bilba is only at 29. I mean, he got same number of votes as 27,they should all be tied.

Seriously though, it's hilarious and awesome that he's there. I wonder who named him.

BoutPractice
09-18-2013, 04:03 AM
The list is decent, the order atrocious, as should be expected with such a random sample.

Dirk should be a lock for number 1... unless people are seriously suggesting that any player on this list other than him could have possibly won the NBA MVP, been named to 12 All-NBA teams including 3 All-NBA 1st Team, and led a team without any other All-Stars to the title, embarrassing the likes of Kobe, Durant and LeBron along the way? Do they really think Petrovic or Parker is a top 25 player in the history of the game? Dirk is the only European player ever to be considered the best player in the best league in the world.

The one player you could possibly justify putting ahead of him is Sabonis, who looked like he had the potential to do all of that, based on level of play, had he been uninjured. But it didn't happen.

The omission of Stojakovic and Cosic is also curious. Still, it's good to see Bodiroga, Diamantidis and Navarro get their due.

SpurrDurr
09-18-2013, 04:09 AM

Sorry i meant Bogdanovic, he was drafted by Miami and then traded to the Nets but i'm reading he' ll keep playing in Europe at least for one more season, such a waste.

pauk
09-18-2013, 04:35 AM
Some players may had better legacies in NBA than Drazen... but not in Europe, no way... and that former part is only because of a combination of unfortunate things...

dr.hee
09-18-2013, 04:53 AM
going by position...

PG Petrovic
SG Galis
SF Bodiroga
PF Nowitzki
C Sabonis

as for the diamantidis/galis debate, i think we are always a little biased towards past players. Thats why you wont see current players like navarro, jasikevicius, diamantidis etc getting mentioned in top 10 lists.

Yay, that's my list except Sabonis for Gasol. Now I feel validated :banana:

I see why you've picked Sabonis over Pau of course, he was a beast in his prime, and quite good in the NBA, too. But I still think Gasol is a lot better than many think. I mean second option on two NBA champions and MVP of both Eurobasket and a World Cup is very impressive. Underrated by many I think. Still, Sabonis is probably the most obvious choice. Awesome player. Gasol is definitely up there in my opinion though.

BoutPractice
09-18-2013, 05:01 AM
pauk > But the reality is, Drazen Petrovic was in the NBA, in his prime, when the tragedy happened. At age 28, often the peak of a player's career, he was averaging 22 points per game on great percentages (efficient points were his main contribution) and was named to the All-NBA third team.

At the same age, Dirk Nowitzki was averaging 25, 9 and 3.5 on 50/41/90, led his team to a 67 win season, was All-NBA first team, and won the MVP.

You might say, "okay, but Drazen was only in his fourth season in the league". Fair enough: in his fourth season in the league, at age 23, Dirk was averaging 23 and 10 (28 and 13 in the playoffs), was All-NBA 2nd team, and top 10 in MVP voting.

Drazen Petrovic was a great player, and a joy to watch. But even if he hadn't been robbed of his life, it's safe to say he never would've ended up with a better NBA legacy than Nowitzki.

SpanishACB
09-18-2013, 05:05 AM
this proves something that should be obvious.

being able to play a sport doesn't stop you from being biased or just lacking global perspective.

SpanishACB
09-18-2013, 05:10 AM
Majority of Argentinian are descendants of Italian immigrants and Ginobili happen to be one of them. So he is considered Italian also.

who does he play for in international competition? Argentina right? Means he cannot play for any other international team. As far as basketball is concerned Ginobili will never be considered an European player for this reason alone.

This ain't even a debate.

dr.hee
09-18-2013, 05:17 AM
Some players may had better legacies in NBA than Drazen... but not in Europe, no way... and that former part is only because of a combination of unfortunate things...

I don't agree with the NBA part. He dominated in Europe and was very good ( but not MVP like) in the NBA. But I don't see how he would've been better than Peja for example if the accident never happened and he played a few more years for the Nets. Strictly speaking about NBA performance here.

madmax
09-18-2013, 07:44 AM
Petrovic was just a scoring guard - a very good one, even elite, but still just a scorer first and foremost. While Nowitzki, Pau and Sabonis are all at least 7 feet tall all-around beasts. As far as I'm concerned, a big man with refined set of skills always craps on a guard of similar quality. And for a good reason too:cheers:

Lebron23
09-18-2013, 08:13 AM
1-Dirk
2-Tony Parker
3-Pau Gasol
4-Sabonis

This

Sakkreth
09-18-2013, 08:34 AM
This
Get real Parker and Pau above Sabonis and Petrovic :roll:

chips93
09-18-2013, 08:36 AM
what has petrovic done to be ranked so high?

is this based off of performance at the eurobasket, or performance for ones national team?

dr.hee
09-18-2013, 08:40 AM
Get real Parker and Pau above Sabonis and Petrovic :roll:

Parker above Petrovic I don't get at all. Pau above Sabonis...I'm guilty of this as well, lol. Totally understand why you disagree though, he was a total beast when healthy.

Grinder
09-18-2013, 08:49 AM
pauk > But the reality is, Drazen Petrovic was in the NBA, in his prime, when the tragedy happened. At age 28, often the peak of a player's career, he was averaging 22 points per game on great percentages (efficient points were his main contribution) and was named to the All-NBA third team.

At the same age, Dirk Nowitzki was averaging 25, 9 and 3.5 on 50/41/90, led his team to a 67 win season, was All-NBA first team, and won the MVP.

You might say, "okay, but Drazen was only in his fourth season in the league". Fair enough: in his fourth season in the league, at age 23, Dirk was averaging 23 and 10 (28 and 13 in the playoffs), was All-NBA 2nd team, and top 10 in MVP voting.

Drazen Petrovic was a great player, and a joy to watch. But even if he hadn't been robbed of his life, it's safe to say he never would've ended up with a better NBA legacy than Nowitzki.

Well put, I agree with this. Drazen was undoubtedly a great player but I feel that his greatness has been overstated because of his unfortunate death and people assuming that he would continue on an upwards trajectory past the age of 28. Dirk is the best European player ever to me but after that it gets murky.

Sabonis would definitely be in my top 5 along with Petrovic and probably Pau. Peja and Papaloukas not getting any votes is laughable.

I'm not going to include Galis because he was born, raised, and played college basketball in the US.

alexd
09-18-2013, 08:49 AM
what has petrovic done to be ranked so high?

is this based off of performance at the eurobasket, or performance for ones national team?
Propably you have never seen him play.The guy just couldn t miss.He was perhaps THE BEST shooter ever to play this game.And this is not only my opinion,Reggie Miller agrees.The guy was a machine,a gym rat and he didn t back down from anyone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUacXRjsSTA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4TsDb7Stsk

dunksby
09-18-2013, 09:15 AM
Well put, I agree with this. Drazen was undoubtedly a great player but I feel that his greatness has been overstated because of his unfortunate death and people assuming that he would continue on an upwards trajectory past the age of 28. Dirk is the best European player ever to me but after that it gets murky.

Sabonis would definitely be in my top 5 along with Petrovic and probably Pau. Peja and Papaloukas not getting any votes is laughable.

I'm not going to include Galis because he was born, raised, and played college basketball in the US.
He had legendary H2H's against MJ and one in the Olympics, if anything he is underrated.

dr.hee
09-18-2013, 09:30 AM
He had legendary H2H's against MJ and one in the Olympics, if anything he is underrated.

Don't get me wrong, Petrovic was fantastic. But what do you mean by legendary H2H's? Looked them up (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jordami01&p2=petrodr01), and he was pretty good. Still don't see what's "legendary" there.

HurricaneKid
09-18-2013, 11:11 AM
If you have anyone outside of Dirk at #1 you are a fool.

I wish I had seen Sabonis is his prime because he controlled the court from the low post like few people I have ever seen, even when he was well past his prime.

Drazen can go high on the list but he was anything but a PG. He was STRICTLY a SG. Unless you are suggesting that Kenny Anderson and Rumeal Robinson were the SG and Draz was the PG. Which would be dumb.

I remember where I was and what I was doing when I found out about the accident. I thought I was a big Petro fan but you guys are bananas. Calling him the greatest shooter ever when he avg <1 3FG per game over his career is insane to me. For his 4 year career he made fewer (by quite a bit) 3s than Steph made just last year. And at a lower rate.

Parker goes on the list. Period. Same with Pau.

Top 5:
Dirk

Pau/Sabonis/TP
Petrovic

boozehound
09-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Not really dealing with bright guys when you look at those results.
It is off the top of their heads obviously. But it is funny to see all the guys in front of Divac. If I had to do the list it would go

Mehmet Okur

alexd
09-18-2013, 11:56 AM
If you have anyone outside of Dirk at #1 you are a fool.

I wish I had seen Sabonis is his prime because he controlled the court from the low post like few people I have ever seen, even when he was well past his prime.

Drazen can go high on the list but he was anything but a PG. He was STRICTLY a SG. Unless you are suggesting that Kenny Anderson and Rumeal Robinson were the SG and Draz was the PG. Which would be dumb.

I remember where I was and what I was doing when I found out about the accident. I thought I was a big Petro fan but you guys are bananas. Calling him the greatest shooter ever when he avg <1 3FG per game over his career is insane to me. For his 4 year career he made fewer (by quite a bit) 3s than Steph made just last year. And at a lower rate.

Parker goes on the list. Period. Same with Pau.

Top 5:
Dirk

Pau/Sabonis/TP
Petrovic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EUo5p6D990

SpanishACB
09-18-2013, 12:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4TsDb7Stsk
i had long forgotten about this play

****ing epic :rockon:

Sabonis is "what if" number 1, as it doesn't scape anyone that had he not gotten injured he would have dominated the NBA, no question. He'd probably be talked in the same breath as Shaq as far as dominance is concerned, or even to a higher level.

It didn't happen whatsoever.

secund2nun
09-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Parker better than Dirk???? :roll:

Can you imagine Dirk, Duncan, and prime Manu on the same team with Pop as the coach? They would have won nearly every single title since 2000.

Miserio
09-18-2013, 01:05 PM
1. Dirk Nowitzki
2. Nikos Galis
3. Drazen Petrovic
4. Dejan Bodiroga
5. Pau Gasol
Close but not...

1) Sabonis
2) Galis
3) Dirk
4) Bodiroga
5) Drazen

(I suppose we're not counting latin-american players who played in europe because in that case Oscar is easily top 5)

Miserio
09-18-2013, 01:16 PM
I'm argentinian and that's the most ignorant shit i've ever seen

Rooster
09-18-2013, 01:40 PM

:applause: :applause: :applause:

There's a certain novelty about Petrovic for Euros because he was the first European player that was the best player on his NBA team and he was a great player but if he was American, he would be looked at the same level like Reggie Lewis who died tragically right on a time where he was evolving to be a superstar.

97 bulls
09-18-2013, 02:18 PM
I never understood why Toni Kukoc isnt more highly regarded. He seems to be the most accomplished European player and was very successful in the NBA.

Sure he didn't have Petrovic career, but I've never come accross anyone that believes Kukoc wouldn't have a few All-Star game appearances and a few all nba team nominations had he been in a different situation. Granted he doesnt win anything

kNicKz
09-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Euroleague best player: Sabonis

NBA best player: Dirk

Le Shaqtus
09-18-2013, 02:33 PM
My boy Dirk at #5, Hell yeah :applause:

duskovujosevic
09-18-2013, 02:47 PM
PG -Nikos Galis
SG -Dragan Kicanovic
SF -Drazen Dalipagic
PF -Dirk Nowitzki
C - Kresimir Cosic

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Didn't know that. But he was born and raised in Argentina and always plays(ed) for Argentina's national team. He played in Euroleague before coming to the NBA, right? Guess I can see why some might think of him as a European player. I've just always thought of him as being Argentinian, so I've never really associated him with Europe.

Based on your posts in this website, it is very clear that you don't anything about anything.

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 03:26 PM
going by position...

PG Petrovic
SG Galis
SF Bodiroga
PF Nowitzki
C Sabonis

Spanoulis, Giannakis and Galis are all better Greek players than Diamantidis.

Stop trolling.

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Some players may had better legacies in NBA than Drazen... but not in Croatia, no way... and that former part is only because of a combination of unfortunate things...

Fixed it for you.

97 bulls
09-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Fixed it for you.
Who's more accomplished in Europe or Croatia between Kukoc and Petrovic

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 03:32 PM

Peja is one of the worst defenders ever.

Papaloukas is by far and away, by leaps and bounds, one of the biggest chokers in the history of European basketball.

He's a huge choker compared to any player on that list (with Dirk being the biggest choker on the list).

The amount of choking Papaloukas did in his career would make Lakovic embarrassed.

That would be why they did not make the list. Just keep proving what a dumb ass troll you are, that does not know shit about European basketball.

Neither one of them should ever be mentioned in such a discussion, and anyone that says they should is a colossal troll.

Sakkreth
09-18-2013, 03:32 PM

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 03:35 PM
I never understood why Toni Kukoc isnt more highly regarded. He seems to be the most accomplished European player and was very successful in the NBA.

Sure he didn't have Petrovic career, but I've never come accross anyone that believes Kukoc wouldn't have a few All-Star game appearances and a few all nba team nominations had he been in a different situation. Granted he doesnt win anything

This is a myth. Spanoulis, Diamantidis, Jasikevicius, Navarro just in recent years have same resume as him, or even better. And the game in Europe today is several levels superior to what it was then.

Kukoc should of course be on this list without any question at all, and pretty high on it, but you are doing some crazy exaggeration to his accomplishments.

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 03:37 PM

WTF?

Dimitris Diamantidis
Vassilis Spanoulis
Sarunas Jasikevicius
Juan Carlos Navarro
Sergey Belov
Dino Meneghin
Juan Antonio Corbalan
Wayne Brabender
Emiliano Rodriguez

etc.

Get real

97 bulls
09-18-2013, 04:07 PM
WTF?

Dimitris Diamantidis
Vassilis Spanoulis
Sarunas Jasikevicius
Juan Carlos Navarro
Sergey Belov
Dino Meneghin
Juan Antonio Corbalan
Wayne Brabender
Emiliano Rodriguez

etc.

Get real
I asked you whos accomplished more in Europe between the two. Why are you listing all these players.

Again who has the better European resume between Petrovic and Kukoc

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 05:30 PM
I asked you whos accomplished more in Europe between the two. Why are you listing all these players.

Again who has the better European resume between Petrovic and Kukoc

Kukoc has the better career resume, but then you are adding the "in Europe, or in Croatia" to it.

That makes no sense, as Petrovic is considered like Jordan of Croatia. You can't really be asking this seriously?

fragokota
09-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Galis should be in this list no matter what

King1991nba
09-18-2013, 05:43 PM
No Kresimir Cosic? :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 05:45 PM
No Kresimir Cosic? :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

You don't actually expect players from now to know that guy do you? I don't see Belov, Dalipgaic, or Galis there either.

Do you really think most players from today know players from the 70s and 80s? Come on.

It's the same exact crap as when NBA players of today say LeBron is the best player ever.

97 bulls
09-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Kukoc has the better career resume, but then you are adding the "in Europe, or in Croatia" to it.

That makes no sense, as Petrovic is considered like Jordan of Croatia. You can't really be asking this seriously?
I remember Kukoc being called the "Michael Jordan of Europe" or "Euro Magic". He accomplished more than Petrovic. But you act as if this shoukdnt be a conversation.

97 bulls
09-18-2013, 06:09 PM

I remember Kukoc being called the "Michael Jordan of Europe" or "Euro Magic". He accomplished more than Petrovic. But you act as if this shoukdnt be a conversation.

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 06:55 PM

It's called NBA hype and marketing gimmicks.

Ricky Rubio was "the most dominant player in the history of Europe", and "the best guard of all time in Europe", and "the Steve Nash of Europe", and "the Pete Maravich of Europe", etc.

according to NBA marketing gimmicks.....

Please try to keep the discussion serious.

outbreak
09-18-2013, 07:08 PM

Ricky Rubio was "the most dominant player in the history of Europe", and "the best guard of all time in Europe", and "the Steve Nash of Europe", and "the Pete Maravich of Europe", etc.

can you please find me some actual quotes saying that rubio these things? honestly? Every thing I've read on Rubio had them saying he didn't play well in the euroleague but looked promising and looked like he'd fit in the nba system.

Also earlier in the thread you called someone a "hook nose" and told them to goto the masonic lodge, yet you claim everyone else on this forum is racist, those are some pretty out their racist comments your making.

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 07:35 PM
can you please find me some actual quotes saying that rubio these things? honestly? Every thing I've read on Rubio had them saying he didn't play well in the euroleague but looked promising and looked like he'd fit in the nba system.

Also earlier in the thread you called someone a "hook nose" and told them to goto the masonic lodge, yet you claim everyone else on this forum is racist, those are some pretty out their racist comments your making.

Here comes the derail the thread with disinfo troll agent.

So what Masonic lodge do you belong to? Don't forget to pay your dues.

And don't even pretend that the Masons have no connection to Panathinaikos and its fan base.

CavaliersFTW
09-18-2013, 07:37 PM

Euroleague getting exposed left and right tonight :oldlol:

Lebron23
09-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Manu Ginobili is an Argentinian of Italian Descent. He's a dual citizen of both countries.

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm argentinian and that's the most ignorant shit i've ever seen

Like 80 percent of Argentina's national basketball team over the years has been Italian.

It's common knowledge about all the Italians and Germans in Argentina, so cut the bullshit.

R.I.P.
09-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Dirk
Sabonis
Petrovic

....are the top 3. Everything else is just stupid. Dirk should probably be #1 as he competed and maintained his level on the highest stage for the longest period of time, while Petrovic and Sabonis were robbed of substantial parts of their careers for obvious reasons.

outbreak
09-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Here comes the derail the thread with disinfo troll agent.

So what Masonic lodge do you belong to? Don't forget to pay your dues.

And don't even pretend that the Masons have no connection to Panathinaikos and its fan base.

There's no disinformation in my post, all i'm doing is asking for where you read your quotes(which you ignored) and pointing out that you made a racist slur.

niko
09-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Like 80 percent of Argentina's national basketball team over the tears has been Italian.

It's common knowledge about all the Italians and Germans in Argentina, so cut the bullshit.
Why are they crying?

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 08:07 PM
There's no disinformation in my post, all i'm doing is asking for where you read your quotes(which you ignored) and pointing out that you made a racist slur.

You are a ****ing moron. The Masons are not a race idiot.

aj1987
09-18-2013, 08:10 PM
Are you from Arkansas?

SamuraiSWISH
09-18-2013, 08:20 PM
Are you from Arkansas?
:oldlol:

outbreak
09-18-2013, 08:30 PM

calling someone a hook nose, and then a turk and then saying they should go back to their mason lodge isn't being racist?

So if you called a native american a red skin then told him to go back to his casino that isn't being racist?

I don't care what you post on here man but when you throw out that everyone is racist here for thinking that the NBA is a superior league it's just amusing when you make actual slurs.

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 08:43 PM
lol at these clowns SamuraiSWISH and CavsFTW

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-WlX1NkNgUAM/Ujo7mhG5nNI/AAAAAAAAErI/yurIx_Ehd1M/s100/Ban%2520Euroleague.jpg

You spelled Euroleague wrong geniuses.

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 08:48 PM
calling someone a hook nose, and then a turk and then saying they should go back to their mason lodge isn't being racist?

So if you called a native american a red skin then told him to go back to his casino that isn't being racist?

I don't care what you post on here man but when you throw out that everyone is racist here for thinking that the NBA is a superior league it's just amusing when you make actual slurs.

No idiot. Being a racist is what alexd was doing. alexd is the clear as day RACIST. I was calling him out for his ridiculous blatant racism.

He even knew it, which is why he just tried to deflect. Because he knew he was caught.

If you were not such a complete imbecile you would be able to grasp that.

And it's pathetic for you to even try to claim there is nothing racist in how NBA only fans talk here. You obviously are too stupid to even grasp the most simple concepts.

outbreak
09-18-2013, 09:15 PM
No idiot. Being a racist is what alexd was doing. alexd is the clear as day RACIST. I was calling him out for his ridiculous blatant racism.

He even knew it, which is why he just tried to deflect. Because he knew he was caught.

And it's pathetic for you to even try to claim there is nothing racist in how NBA only fans talk here. You obviously are too stupid to even grasp the most simple concepts.
There's a handful of posters here who wind the up, the rest all admit that europe has talented players and the euroleague isn't a low quality league. They simply take offence to when you lie, twist stories and make claims that the euroleague is a higher talent league. You claim racism for no reason at all when someone says xxx player is better then xxxx euro player.

alexd
09-18-2013, 09:17 PM

how exactly i was racist u little troll?:lol :lol
you are hilarious :lol
when you got nothing to say u start cursing and calling people names but yeah i m racist :lol :lol :lol :bowdown: :bowdown:

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 09:19 PM
There's a handful of posters here who wind the up, the rest all admit that europe has talented players and the euroleague isn't a low quality league. They simply take offence to when you lie, twist stories and make claims that the euroleague is a higher talent league. You claim racism for no reason at all when someone says xxx player is better then xxxx euro player.

alexd is a racist. If you don't know anything about the Panathinaikos fan base, then don't make comments on it.

It's well known that there are a lot of racists in the PAO fan base, and they are like 20 to 1 the ratio of Diamantidis fans.

If you can't figure this out, how it all adds together, then you are an idiot. Plain and simple. alexd is the racist and he was mad that someone here saw he was making racist posts.

Do you not have the brain power to grasp this? Serious question?

alexd
09-18-2013, 09:21 PM
alexd is a racist. If you don't know anything about the Panathinaikos fan base, then don't make comments on it.

It's well known that there are a lot of racists in the PAO fan base, and they are like 20 to 1 the ratio of Diamantidis fans.

If you can't figure this out, how it all adds together, then you are an idiot. Plain and simple. alexd is the racist and he was mad that someone here saw he was making racist posts.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Do0vlCTrzJQ/UVmkRviQ7QI/AAAAAAAAGos/luF1942yhok/s400/the_truth_is_out_there_by_skpltnk-d380eri.gif

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 09:24 PM
how exactly i was racist u little troll?:lol :lol
you are hilarious :lol
when you got nothing to say u start cursing and calling people names but yeah i m racist :lol :lol :lol :bowdown: :bowdown:

You know damn well how you are racist.

You only support one kind of player that is of one specific race, and you will attack with incredible hatred anyone that does not worship such said types of players like they are god.

You and the Masonic media make such said players to be "god", the actual word and name you use is "god".

And you viciously and ruthlessly attack any player that is not of that race and absolutely insane threatening and harassing people that question this.

Just because this is an American based forum does not mean you have free license here to spread your racist agenda here.

http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/880/936/88093644_640.jpg

You are so racist it's sickening. You are the slime of humanity.

alexd
09-18-2013, 09:27 PM
You know damn well how you are racist.

You only support one kind of player that is of one specific race, and you will attack with incredible hatred anyone that does not worship such said types of players like they are god.

You and the Masonic media make such said players to be "god", the actual word and name you use is "god".

And you viciously and ruthlessly attack any player that is not of that race and absolutely insane threatening and harassing people that question this.

Just because this is an American based forum does not mean you have free license here to spread your racist agenda here.

http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/880/936/88093644_640.jpg

You are so racist it's sickening. You are the slime of humanity.
When did i ever say Diamantidis is god?lol are you stupid??

Since you claim that Spanoulis is better than Diamantidis then what about these stats
perfonamance index (3rd)
total ebounds(15th)
total assists(2nd)
total steals(1st)
total blocks(15th)
Spanoulis is
and....thats it..
Yeah its pretty obvious Spanoulis is the best player ever :lol :lol :lol

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Since you claim that Spanoulis is better than Diamantidis then what about these stats
perfonamance index (3rd)
total ebounds(15th)
total assists(2nd)
total steals(1st)
total blocks(15th)
Spanoulis is
and....thats it..
Yeah its pretty obvious Spanoulis is the best player ever :lol :lol :lol

Back to the spewing the propaganda after being outed for racism. You are pathetic. Go read prasini and GFTO.

And you made up those stats, because you are a LIAR and a racist that spreads hate racism through your racist agenda.

Like for example you claim "Diamantidis is in perfonamance index (3rd)"

and you spelled it wrong because you are a retard.

The ACTUAL stats:

http://www.euroleague.net/main/statistics?mode=Leaders&entity=Players&seasonmode=Single&seasoncode=E2012&cat=Valuation&agg=PerGame

Diamantidis was 21st in index rating, not 3rd.

Same how you LIE about Spanoulis' stats saying "Spanoulis is
perfomance index : 16th"

Again spelling it wrong.

The ACTUAL stats:

http://www.euroleague.net/main/statistics?mode=Leaders&entity=Players&seasonmode=Single&seasoncode=E2012&cat=Valuation&agg=PerGame

Spanoulis was 10th, not 16th.

I'm not even bothering with the other stats, because you just made it all up. That's what you do, you have a racist eugenics agenda and you push it severely in Greece. Now you start to push it in the American websites also.

I see it in several of the American websites now as well.

Do you actually think for one microsecond that I didn't know those stats were fake? Is it because you posted them several times before and I just ignored it? You are a complete idiot.

You are a pathetic piece of shit.

outbreak, if you still can't figure it out, there is no hope for you.

alexd
09-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Back to the spewing the propaganda after being outed for racism. You are pathetic. Go read prasini and GFTO.
So you got no answer? :banana: :banana:

outbreak
09-18-2013, 09:30 PM

why don't you quote what posts you consider racist? You throw out the race card so often when a thread goes against you that I'm sure most people here agree that we can't take it seriously anymore when you claim someone is being racist. But anyway, one person making racist comments doesn't give you the licence to make racist yourself.

I don't care if a teams fanbase is supposedly racist (nice generalisation there) we're talking about this forum not people who attend games in europe.

Derka
09-18-2013, 09:30 PM
lol, why do we continue to let Euroleague post on this forum?

Its a ridiculous injustice that CF86 is life-banned while this dink keeps running around calling everyone who disagrees with him a racist.

Euroleague
09-18-2013, 09:46 PM
why don't you quote what posts you consider racist? You throw out the race card so often when a thread goes against you that I'm sure most people here agree that we can't take it seriously anymore when you claim someone is being racist. But anyway, one person making racist comments doesn't give you the licence to make racist yourself.

I don't care if a teams fanbase is supposedly racist (nice generalisation there) we're talking about this forum not people who attend games in europe.

You really can't figure out what he says is racist?

Why don't you ask yourself why can Diamantidis spit in the face of other players during games and never once get suspended or ejected for it?

Ask yourself that question and ask yourself if that makes sense.

And if you don't believe he spits in the faces of other players and gets away with it, then ask the user jon koncak here about it. He has been posting in the Eurobasket thread. He is a guy from Greece and he is a fan of PAOK, not Panathinaikos, so he isn't extremely biased like this alexd creep.

He will confirm it.

Actually for once try to find out what the truth is, instead of just always saying I am lying, when you don't even have the first ****ing clue as to what you are talking about.

outbreak
09-18-2013, 09:46 PM
lol, why do we continue to let Euroleague post on this forum?

Its a ridiculous injustice that CF86 is life-banned while this dink keeps running around calling everyone who disagrees with him a racist.
good point but cf86 did have a massive melt down.

Rooster
09-18-2013, 09:58 PM

And you made up those stats, because you are a LIAR and a racist that spreads hate racism through your racist agenda.

The ACTUAL stats:

Again spelling it wrong.

The ACTUAL stats:

I'm not even bothering with the other stats, because you just made it all up. That's what you do, you have a racist eugenics agenda and you push it severely in Greece. Now you start to push it in the American websites also.

Do you actually think for one microsecond that I didn't know those stats were fake? Is it because you posted them several times before and I just ignored it? You are a complete idiot.

Anthony Parker says hello:rockon:

Derka
09-18-2013, 09:59 PM
good point but cf86 did have a massive melt down.

Every single one of this guy's posts in a meltdown.

outbreak
09-18-2013, 10:00 PM
Every single one of this guy's posts in a meltdown.

but he doesn't post dirty pics in them

97 bulls
09-18-2013, 10:01 PM

I believe the same people calling Petrovic the Jordan of.Europe was tha same ones calling Kukoc the Magic Johnson of Europe. And you want to keep the discussion serious. I thought I was. Kukoc has accomplished more in Europe when compared to Petrovic (something you admit), his NBA resume is better, it cant be skill.

Id like to know what metric you are using to grade these players.

alexd
09-18-2013, 10:13 PM

The ACTUAL stats:

Again spelling it wrong.

The ACTUAL stats:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol :lol
You must be really dumb.These stats are from the year 12-13.Diamantidis is on decline.What i posted is career-wise.What they have done their whole careers not just 1 year

here is the right link you pathetic troll
http://www.euroleague.net/main/statistics?mode=Leaders&entity=Players&seasonmode=All&cat=Valuation&agg=Accumulated
http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/3701978+_f3040e4b04f196e34784cb5f8b31ed2d.jpg

Euroleague
09-19-2013, 08:38 AM
I believe the same people calling Petrovic the Jordan of.Europe was tha same ones calling Kukoc the Magic Johnson of Europe. And you want to keep the discussion serious. I thought I was. Kukoc has accomplished more in Europe when compared to Petrovic (something you admit), his NBA resume is better, it cant be skill.

Id like to know what metric you are using to grade these players.

There is no metric. This is a basketball forum with trolls and clowns and people that never saw any of them play. The topic is also about players that 90% of them never saw them play.

There is no metric here.

If you want a metric, here it is:

Top European player ever by overall international career (club and national team) =

Sergey Belov

after that an argument can be made for guys like Juan Carlos Navarro and Pau Gasol

Top European player ever by Euroleague career (team and individual success) =

Dino Meneghin

Top European player ever by Euroleague career (individual accounts) =

Vassilis Spanoulis

Dejan Bodiroga and Dimitris Diamantidis are close after that probably being next.

Top European player ever by NBA career = Dirk Nowitzki

Then if you get into individual stats, fame, hype, legend status, etc. Then that's where guys like Sabonis, Galis, Petrovic, Dalipagic, Delibasic, Kicanovic, Korac, etc. and them come into play.

They are more known and noted for their name, and that when they played, you could put enormous individual stats in European leagues (something impossible with the level of today's basketball).

In no "metric" is Kukoc the top European player. Sorry. He's certainly a guy that should be in a top 28 list as this, but he's not the best, or "most accomplished".

I can't think of a single category to put him as the best, except maybe "best European NBA 6th man" maybe.

97 bulls
09-19-2013, 03:32 PM
There is no metric. This is a basketball forum with trolls and clowns and people that never saw any of them play. The topic is also about players that 90% of them never saw them play.

There is no metric here.

Top European player ever by overall international career (club and national team) =

Sergey Belov

after that an argument can be made for guys like Juan Carlos Navarro and Pau Gasol

Dino Meneghin

Vassilis Spanoulis

Dejan Bodiroga and Dimitris Diamantidis are close after that probably being next.

Then if you get into individual stats, fame, hype, legend status, etc. Then that's where guys like Sabonis, Galis, Petrovic, Dalipagic, Delibasic, Kicanovic, Korac, etc. and them come into play.

They are more known and noted for their name, and that when they played, you could put enormous individual stats in European leagues (something impossible with the level of today's basketball).

In no "metric" is Kukoc the top European player. Sorry. He's certainly a guy that should be in a top 28 list as this, but he's not the best, or "most accomplished".

I can't think of a single category to put him as the best, except maybe "best European NBA 6th man" maybe.
Ive been doing research. Some of these guys haven't even completed their careers yet. You seem to be ranking Kukoc the same way haters (message) rank Jordan. He cant be the best because hes not the best at one certain aspect. Scoring Wilt, winning Russell, MVPs Jabaar etc. Im not saying Kukoc is the best but hes definitely in the conversation. I mean both Kukoc and Petrovic played on the same teams at the same time, and Kukoc got top billing in my opinion. He got more awards over that span etc. So if this is the case, why is Petrovic so highly regarded where Kukoc shouldn't. Do I need to compare their accomplishments? Kukocs got him beat. Skill set? Its a matter of opinion. NBA accomplishments? Kukoc.

It seems that the only the Petrovic has over Kukoc is his untimely death that has catapulted his legend.

CavaliersFTW
09-19-2013, 04:46 PM

There is no metric here.

Sergey Belov

Dino Meneghin

Vassilis Spanoulis

Your overrating Spanoullis immensely. Euroleague players don't consider him higher than top 28, they voted on it.

alexd
09-19-2013, 05:08 PM

There is no metric here.

Sergey Belov

Dino Meneghin

Vassilis Spanoulis

Stats don t lie.Diamantidis>Spanoulis
http://www.euroleague.net/main/statistics?mode=Leaders&entity=Players&seasonmode=All&cat=Valuation&agg=Accumulated

http://cdn.followpics.com/show/imgs/8f108a0176316bbf5bcf3d17ee8953bf.jpg

Bandito
09-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Euroleague can you stop with the insults and the racism in your post thanks and have a good night...

Euroleague
09-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Ive been doing research. Some of these guys haven't even completed their careers yet. You seem to be ranking Kukoc the same way haters (message) rank Jordan. He cant be the best because hes not the best at one certain aspect. Scoring Wilt, winning Russell, MVPs Jabaar etc. Im not saying Kukoc is the best but hes definitely in the conversation. I mean both Kukoc and Petrovic played on the same teams at the same time, and Kukoc got top billing in my opinion. He got more awards over that span etc. So if this is the case, why is Petrovic so highly regarded where Kukoc shouldn't. Do I need to compare their accomplishments? Kukocs got him beat. Skill set? Its a matter of opinion. NBA accomplishments? Kukoc.

It seems that the only the Petrovic has over Kukoc is his untimely death that has catapulted his legend.

Kukoc isn't the best European player ever. Give it up man.

alexd
09-19-2013, 10:05 PM
Hey Euroleague what happened mate?I showed you the stats from the site YOU brought up that proves Diamantidis > Spanoulis and you don t have an answer?Perhaps the site lies too?Or perhaps the mansons control Euroleague and lie about it?Perhaps we live in a matrix and you only see the truth?
OR perhaps ...
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0u2t8D5zw1rrejlwo1_250.gif

97 bulls
09-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Kukoc isn't the best European player ever. Give it up man.
Im not saying hes the best player. Id give that to Nowitzki. I don't see why Petrovic is ranked so high.

fandarko
09-20-2013, 09:21 AM
1. Dirk Nowitzki
2. Nikos Galis
3. Drazen Petrovic
4. Dejan Bodiroga
5. Pau Gasol

No way Galis is top 10.
No way Divac is not top 10.
No way Petrovic is below Galis.

I've watched them all, live.

fandarko
09-20-2013, 09:29 AM
[QUOTE=PAOK]going by position...

PG Petrovic
SG Galis
SF Bodiroga
PF Nowitzki
C Sabonis

No ****ing way Galis makes it. Stojakovic goes to SG or SF before him or Bodiroga, based on his NBA career. I'd put Stojakovic at SG and Bodiroga at SF.

Even better, Kukoc instead of Bodiroga. Better player. And I am Serbian.

Bodiroga makes second five, with Marculionis (or Manu, if you count him as European), Parker, Divac and Pau Gasol.

Euroleague
09-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Your overrating Spanoullis immensely. Euroleague players don't consider him higher than top 28, they voted on it.

38 EuroBasket players idiot. Nothing to do with Euroleague.

The same players did not give a single vote to Drazen Dalipagic, Sergey Belov, Nikos Galis, Kresimir Cosic, etc.

In other words, you are the dumbest **** alive.

Euroleague
09-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Stats don t lie.Diamantidis>Spanoulis

http://cdn.followpics.com/show/imgs/8f108a0176316bbf5bcf3d17ee8953bf.jpg

Spanoulis = 4 Euroleague MVP awards (most ever)

Spanoulis = 3 Euroleague championships (3 as the final four MVP - tied for most ever)

Spanoulis = 5 times All Euroleague (2nd most ever)

Diamantidis = 3 Euroleague MVP awards

Diamantidis = 3 Euroleague championships (2 as the final four MVP)

Diamantidis = 4 times All-Euroleague

Spanoulis ALREADY surpassed Diamntidis all time in Euroleague, and Spanoulis is currently in his prime, while Diamantidis is clearly declining rapidly over the last 2 years, and will already be 34 by the final four next season.

You are a delusional psychotic.

Euroleague
09-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Hey Euroleague what happened mate?I showed you the stats from the site YOU brought up that proves Diamantidis > Spanoulis and you don t have an answer?Perhaps the site lies too?Or perhaps the mansons control Euroleague and lie about it?Perhaps we live in a matrix and you only see the truth?
OR perhaps ...
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0u2t8D5zw1rrejlwo1_250.gif

All Euroleague = Spanoulis 5 - Diamantidis 4

Euroleague MVPs = Spanoulis 4 - Diamntidis 3

Euroleague championships = Spanoulis 3 - Diamantidis 3

Euroleague chanpionships as MVP of the finals = Spanoulis 3 - Diamantidis 2

You are a mega troll.

Euroleague
09-20-2013, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=Rooster]Anthony Parker says hello:rockon:

Euroleague
09-20-2013, 12:54 PM
going by position...

PG Petrovic
SG Galis
SF Bodiroga
PF Nowitzki
C Sabonis

No ****ing way Galis makes it. Stojakovic goes to SG or SF before him or Bodiroga, based on his NBA career. I'd put Stojakovic at SG and Bodiroga at SF.

Even better, Kukoc instead of Bodiroga. Better player. And I am Serbian.

Bodiroga makes second five, with Marculionis (or Manu, if you count him as European), Parker, Divac and Pau Gasol.

Peja is one of the worst defensive players that ever lived. GTFO with your crazy ludicrous trolling.

Peja better than Bodiroga and Galis.................

:lol :oldlol: :roll: :facepalm :rolleyes: :biggums:

alexd
09-21-2013, 06:22 AM
All Euroleague = Spanoulis 5 - Diamantidis 4

Euroleague MVPs = Spanoulis 4 - Diamntidis 3

Euroleague championships = Spanoulis 3 - Diamantidis 3

Euroleague chanpionships as MVP of the finals = Spanoulis 3 - Diamantidis 2

You are a mega troll.
Since you want to compare by popularity contest ok i ll play..You forgot that Diamantidis is also
5 years in a row Defender of the Year for Euroleague 2005-2009 and one more year in 2011
also voted in Euroleague 2001-10 All-Decade Team which Spanoulis ISN T
so once again my dear troll
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2awy7pPS41rowjlao1_250.gif

alexd
09-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Vassilis Spanoulis says hello -

3x Euroleague champion - 2009, 2012, 2013
3x Euroleague Final Four MVP - 2009, 2012, 2013 (tied for most ever)
Euroleague MVP - 2013
5x All-Euroleague Team - 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 (2nd most ever)
All Europe Player of The Year - 2012 (Parker never won this award for Europe's top player of the season)

Century Index Ranking: 16th - Parker is 20th
Century Points Rankings: 13th - Parker is 31st

Not to mention that Parker is ALREADY RETIRED.

Diamantidis says hello
3x Euroleague champion (2007, 2009, 2011)
2x Euroleague Final Four MVP (2007, 2011)
Euroleague MVP: (2011)
4x All-Euroleague Team
6x Euroleague Best Defender Award (5 times in a row)
Euroleague 2001-10 All-Decade Team
European Player of the Year: Mr. Europa: (2007)
All-Europe Player of the Year: (2007)
Greek Athlete of the Year: (2007)
3rd in Performance Index Rating (PIR)
16th in Points scored
15th in Total rebounds
2nd in Assists
1st in Steals
15th in Blocks
And all these are in Euroleague.Didn t bother adding all the rest
SO ONCE AGAIN ...

duskovujosevic
09-21-2013, 01:38 PM
where are korac, delibasic, cosic, belov, kicanovic, dalipagic, fernando martin?

Euroleague
09-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Since you want to compare by popularity contest ok i ll play..You forgot that Diamantidis is also
5 years in a row Defender of the Year for Euroleague 2005-2009 and one more year in 2011
also voted in Euroleague 2001-10 All-Decade Team which Spanoulis ISN T
so once again my dear troll

Spanoulis only played 4 seasons in the decade. Of course he would not get selected to that idiot.

You got owned, and now you start trolling again. Beside the fact that all decade is just for that decade.

In the all time listings Spanoulis has more MVPs and more all Euroleague selections and same amount of championships.

Spanoulis already surpassed Diamantidis in all time Euroleague players list, even though he's in his prime and Diamantidis is nearing has been status.

Go troll at leoforos.

Euroleague
09-21-2013, 02:21 PM
where are korac, delibasic, cosic, belov, kicanovic, dalipagic, fernando martin?

Do you actually expect 38 random players from today to know them?

This poll is an obvious joke to everyone but NBA only fans and the lunatic Diamantidis fans.

Euroleague
09-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Diamantidis says hello
3x Euroleague champion (2007, 2009, 2011)
2x Euroleague Final Four MVP (2007, 2011)
Euroleague MVP: (2011)
4x All-Euroleague Team
6x Euroleague Best Defender Award (5 times in a row)
European Player of the Year: Mr. Europa: (2007)
All-Europe Player of the Year: (2007)
Greek Athlete of the Year: (2007)
16th in Points scored
15th in Total rebounds
2nd in Assists
1st in Steals
15th in Blocks
And all these are in Euroleague.Didn t bother adding all the rest
SO ONCE AGAIN ...

This is trolling bullshit.

Navarro will be first in both categories as soon as he plays one game next season. So if you want to bring up arguments like that, no way in hell can Diamantidis be over Navarro.

No matter what, you are still trolling.

Accomplishments wise Spanoulis is ahead of Diamantidis in Euroleague history.

Stats wise Navarro is ahead of Diamantidis in Euroleague history.

Either way you are totally full of shit.

Andrew Wiggins
09-21-2013, 02:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CsONN0r.jpg

Euroleague
09-21-2013, 02:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CsONN0r.jpg

I guess you want another 3 day ban.

duskovujosevic
09-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Do you actually expect 38 random players from today to know them?

This poll is an obvious joke to everyone but NBA only fans and the lunatic Diamantidis fans.

I expect they show some knowledge of european basketball history

Euroleague
09-21-2013, 03:08 PM
I expect they show some knowledge of european basketball history

Well, maybe if they asked more than 38 guys it would be different. That's a ridiculously low sample size, considering there were 288 players at EuroBasket.

So they only asked 13% of the players, and probably they were mainly talking to NBA players.

Also, not asking the coaches is stupid, as obviously the coaches will have more knowledge on the subject.

I mean you can easily make the argument that Dalipagic is the best European SF ever, and he did not even get a single vote. Galis is pretty much considered the best European scorer ever, again no votes.

Belov actually is most accomplished European player ever - no votes.

Even Schrempf, Marciulionis, Ilgauskas, and Smits that had good NBA careers, did not get any votes.

Etc.

That pretty much shows how absurd this poll is.

alexd
09-22-2013, 08:15 AM
This is trolling bullshit.

Navarro will be first in both categories as soon as he plays one game next season. So if you want to bring up arguments like that, no way in hell can Diamantidis be over Navarro.

No matter what, you are still trolling.

Accomplishments wise Spanoulis is ahead of Diamantidis in Euroleague history.

Stats wise Navarro is ahead of Diamantidis in Euroleague history.

Either way you are totally full of shit.
OK lets end this once an for all
Spanoulis
Awards
Greek Basket League Best Young Player(2002)
5x All-Euroleague Team
3x All-Euroleague Second Team
2x All-Euroleague First Team
5x Greek Basket League Champion (But just 2 as a leader.The other 3 he was a role player in Panathinaikos where Diamantidis was the leader after Alvertis)
3x Greek Basket League assists leader
3x Euroleague Champion
3x Euroleague Final Four MVP
2x Greek League MVP
Balkan Athlete of the Year
Triple Crown Champion
All-Europe Player of the Year
Euroleague MVP

Career Stats in Euroleague
Total games played : 148 (started with Panathinaikos 2005)
16th in Performance Index Rating (PIR)
13th in Points scored
6th in Assists

Diamantidis
Awards
5x Greek League MVP
7x Greek Cup Champion
6x Euroleague Best Defender
8x Greek League Champion
4x All-Euroleague First Team
3x Euroleague Champion
2x Euroleague Final Four MVP
2x Greek League Assist Leader
2x Triple Crown Champion
European Player of the Year: Mr. Europa
Greek Athlete of the Year
Greek Cup MVP
Euroleague MVP
Euroleague Assists Leader(2011)
Greek League Best Defender: (2011)

Games played : 196
16th in Points scored
15th in Rebounds
2nd in Assists
1st in Steals
15th in Blocks
As you can see in Diamantidis is MUCH better and much more versatile player than the one dimension Spanoulis.Spanoulis can score,turnover and make assists.Diamantidis is a POINT GUARD that ranks 15TH IN BLOCKS and 1st in steals...let me say it again...POINT GUARD.He s a true two-way player.Something Spanoulis will never ever be.If you still can t admit that Diamantidis > Spanoulis then you are clearly delusional and i won t bother anymore to teach you about basketball cause you are clearly insane
so once again my little friend from Arkansas that doesn t even know greek language but wanna teach me about my country

dr.hee
09-22-2013, 09:32 AM
so once again my little friend from Arkansas that doesn t even know greek language but wanna teach me about my country

:applause:

Euroleague busted again, prepare for more name calling :roll:

Euroleague
09-22-2013, 04:06 PM
OK lets end this once an for all
Spanoulis
Awards
Greek Basket League Best Young Player(2002)
5x All-Euroleague Team
3x All-Euroleague Second Team
2x All-Euroleague First Team
5x Greek Basket League Champion (But just 2 as a leader.The other 3 he was a role player in Panathinaikos where Diamantidis was the leader after Alvertis)
3x Greek Basket League assists leader
3x Euroleague Champion
3x Euroleague Final Four MVP
2x Greek League MVP
Balkan Athlete of the Year
Triple Crown Champion
Euroleague MVP

Total games played : 148 (started with Panathinaikos 2005)
16th in Performance Index Rating (PIR)
13th in Points scored
6th in Assists

Diamantidis
Awards
5x Greek League MVP
7x Greek Cup Champion
6x Euroleague Best Defender
8x Greek League Champion
4x All-Euroleague First Team
3x Euroleague Champion
2x Euroleague Final Four MVP
2x Greek League Assist Leader
2x Triple Crown Champion
European Player of the Year: Mr. Europa
Greek Athlete of the Year
Greek Cup MVP
Euroleague MVP
Euroleague Assists Leader(2011)
Greek League Best Defender: (2011)

Games played : 196
16th in Points scored
15th in Rebounds
2nd in Assists
1st in Steals
15th in Blocks
As you can see in Diamantidis is MUCH better and much more versatile player than the one dimension Spanoulis.Spanoulis can score,turnover and make assists.Diamantidis is a POINT GUARD that ranks 15TH IN BLOCKS and 1st in steals...let me say it again...POINT GUARD.He s a true two-way player.Something Spanoulis will never ever be.If you still can t admit that Diamantidis > Spanoulis then you are clearly delusional and i won t bother anymore to teach you about basketball cause you are clearly insane

Go back to Albania troll.

alexd
09-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Go back to Albania troll.
Ofc you have no answer :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol :lol
http://s7.photobucket.com/user/venus_serenity2000/media/toostupid_zps4619f55f.gif.html
http://www.yfzcentral.com/forum/attachments/yfz-powertrain/10158d1332875041-head-porting-you-got_owned.jpg

Rooster
09-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Vassilis Spanoulis says hello -

3x Euroleague champion - 2009, 2012, 2013
3x Euroleague Final Four MVP - 2009, 2012, 2013 (tied for most ever)
Euroleague MVP - 2013
5x All-Euroleague Team - 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 (2nd most ever)
All Europe Player of The Year - 2012 (Parker never won this award for Europe's top player of the season)

Century Index Ranking: 16th - Parker is 20th
Century Points Rankings: 13th - Parker is 31st

Not to mention that Parker is ALREADY RETIRED.

Parker only played 5 years of minor league.:confusedshrug:

Euroleague
09-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Ofc you have no answer :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol :lol
http://s7.photobucket.com/user/venus_serenity2000/media/toostupid_zps4619f55f.gif.html
http://www.yfzcentral.com/forum/attachments/yfz-powertrain/10158d1332875041-head-porting-you-got_owned.jpg

Spanoulis has more MVPs and more all Euroleague selections than Diamantidis. He is in his prime and Diamantidis is nearing retirement.

You are a delusional and sad pathetic troll.

alexd
09-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Spanoulis has more MVPs and more all Euroleague selections than Diamantidis. He is in his prime and Diamantidis is nearing retirement.

You are a delusional and sad pathetic troll.
And worse stats and less awards.And the fact that Diamantidis is near retirement and Spanoulis is in his prime has nothing to do with who is better so i can t understand why you keep bringing it up.I guess because you got nothing else :lol :lol
http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/iM0ZAx7ZydNC3.gif

Euroleague
09-22-2013, 06:07 PM
And worse stats and less awards.And the fact that Diamantidis is near retirement and Spanoulis is in his prime has nothing to do with who is better so i can t understand why you keep bringing it up.I guess because you got nothing else :lol :lol

You are mad because Diamantidis is near retirement, and of course because Spanoulis will 100% pass him in most of those stats.

alexd
09-22-2013, 07:12 PM
You are mad because Diamantidis is near retirement, and of course because Spanoulis will 100% pass him in most of those stats.
so we agree as of now (since Spanoulis hasn t surpassed Diamantidis in most stats yet..your words not mine)Diamantidis>Spanoulis :lol :cheers: :cheers: