Hoopz2332
09-19-2013, 08:10 AM
someone just upload this mix. Mostly post up->fadeaways

LeBron James post up moves 2013 part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_cEVwrnV5c

:cheers:

JimmyMcAdocious
09-19-2013, 09:09 AM
Hakeem and McHale wish they had that kind of footwork.

TheReturn
09-19-2013, 09:30 AM
He's still far from perfect in his footwork, but already is extremely effective because of his strength and touch. That's a frightning thought.

SamuraiSWISH
09-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Post moves? LOL

He turns and shoots lefties off the glass. That's it.

SHAQisGOAT
09-19-2013, 10:35 AM
Meh, not that good at all, especially and more when you consider his level as an overall player. Still far from guys like Kobe, Dantley, Bird, King, Jordan, Worthy...

pauk
09-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Nice.

plowking
09-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Meh, not that good at all, especially and more when you consider his level as an overall player. Still far from guys like Kobe, Dantley, Bird, King, Jordan, Worthy...

Dantley? Please.

He used the same moves Lebron does. He powered his way to the hoop and got efficient shots. That's why he got doubled down low as well.

The fact is, Lebron is one of the most effective post players in the league, hence why he gets instant doubles down there most of the time. His drop step from the left post last season was actually one of the most efficient shots in basketball.

jlip
09-19-2013, 11:24 AM
In terms of post "moves" this was not really a good video. This was not even a compilation of Lebron's best post moves from this past season. Some of the clips were simply plays where at some point during the attempt to score he turned his back to the defender. Just turning your back to the defender does not constitute a "post move."

iTare
09-19-2013, 11:34 AM
He's so strong that it kind of makes up for that goofy foot work.

Hizack
09-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Not sure if they are 2013, but at least they are LeBron James' post moves

http://minus.com/ibnX1F0TfhfYf7.gif

http://minus.com/is0ppYV4h9btB.gif

riseagainst
09-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Not sure if they are 2013, but at least they are LeBron James' post moves

http://minus.com/ibnX1F0TfhfYf7.gif

http://minus.com/is0ppYV4h9btB.gif

:roll: :roll:

SCdac
09-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Doesn't look like a natural necessarily, but he looks waaaay more comfortable posting up than he did years ago.

http://nbcprobasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/lebron-post-up.jpg

#number6ix#
09-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Not too shabby... He should look for that baby hook everytime he's down low and cutback on those baseline fadeaways

Djahjaga
09-19-2013, 01:28 PM
I don't know why people are hating. He showcased some legit post moves. If anything, the people that spam the Lebron post moves fail gifs should be most impressed.

Side note: Who else would love it if Lebron developed a really corny, really deadly running hook? Like, he just drops 40 on sweeping hooks one game. It'd be hilarious/awesome.

zoom17
09-19-2013, 01:36 PM
I don't know why people are hating. He showcased some legit post moves. If anything, the people that spam the Lebron post moves fail gifs should be most impressed.

Side note: Who else would love it if Lebron developed a really corny, really deadly running hook? Like, he just drops 40 on sweeping hooks one game. It'd be hilarious/awesome.

He is only 28 he still has time to improve his post moves haters could keep hating:rockon:

Trollsmasher
09-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Best post player since prime McHale:applause:

Djahjaga
09-19-2013, 01:56 PM
He is only 28 he still has time to improve his post moves haters could keep hating:rockon:

Serious question: Why do people not like to see players succeed? How is it not fun to see players get better and ultimately succeed? How is it not awesome that Lebron (like Kobe and MJ before him) continues to add to his game 10 years into his career?

Celtics fan here, and even I don't want someone like Kobe to just fade away. The Lakers franchise, however,...

Hoopz2332
09-19-2013, 02:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/arLocSo.jpg

The Unique Ubiquity of LeBron James on the Cover of This Week’s Sports Illustrated

http://i.imgur.com/o6rqX9L.jpg

LeBron James’s ability to contribute at a high level at all five positions places him among the most versatile players the NBA has ever seen. This week’s SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, which features James on the cover, breaks down James’s stunning array of skills, position by position, with takes by Lee Jenkins, Chris Ballard, Ian Thomsen, Mark Jackson and Bill Walton. This is the 19th SI cover for James; the last time he appeared was when he was named the 2012 SI Sportsman of the Year.

Small Forward: Since every player requires a position, Heat coach Erik Spoelestra pencils in James at small forward. Often manned by the most versatile player on the floor, the three spot is where the 6′ 8″, 250-pound star seems to fit best. Jenkins says, “James performs all the job’s diverse duties: slashing inside for layups and stepping out for three-pointers, handling the ball and hitting the glass, accepting the toughest defensive assignments and smothering them.” (PAGE 32)

Point Guard: Warriors coach Mark Jackson, a former point guard for 17 years in the NBA, says James’s skills at the point are similar to Magic Johnson’s, if Johnson had possessed the ability to score 30 every day. “To me, he has the chance to be the leading scorer in the history of this game and one of the top five assists guys,” says Jackson. “That’s how special he is.” (PAGE 33) Jackson says that in addition to being an excellent passer, James uses his length and strength to disrupt opposing point guards on the defensive end. “Even if he had to play only point guard on both offense and defense, he’s my Number 1 pick at the position right now,” says Jackson. (PAGE 33)

Shooting Guard: When James entered the league, he struggled with his outside shooting—teams dared him to shoot threes as he often took off-balance shots. Since his days in Cleveland, Ballard finds that James has worked with a shooting coach to create a “calmer” shot, which has helped turn him into a better long-range shooter. Now, Spoelestra takes James off the ball for large chunks of time, which enables James to take more efficient spot-up jump shots.“LeBron James could be, would be and is an excellent shooting guard,” says Ballard. “He can drive, he can score and he can defend opposing twos.” (PAGE 34)

Power Forward: James recently developed a post-up game, in which he bangs and bruises like a power forward, writes Ian Thomsen. After working on post moves with Hakeem Olajuwon before last season, teams now fear James inside—a place where he is one dribble from the basket and one kick-out pass from finding a wide-open shooter. “When the time is right, James could yet become the league’s most challenging power forward, having both an unparalleled ability to pass out of the post combined with a touch that will stretch defenses out to the three-point line,” says Thomsen. “It’s shocking to be the best player in the world and continue to improve,” says Pacers coach Frank Vogel. (PAGE 36)

http://insidesportsillustrated.com/2013/05/29/lebronjamessicover6313/

DuMa
09-19-2013, 02:30 PM
its not pretty but effective. he's showing the ability to go right or left on each side of the box. i think his best move by far is his left handed bank shot. or going to his left in general. it seems to be a lot more reliant than his right hand

Hoopz2332
09-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Lebron passing out of the post up? Thunder in game 4 of the 2012 finals saw first hand what happens when you double lebron and he unleashes those darts on ya:oldlol:

http://i.imgur.com/VykltMu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KUfkPzm.jpg

▶ Thunder vs. Heat Game 4: LeBron James highlights - 26 points, 12 assists (6.19.12)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkH8W3OGgHQ

talkingconch
09-19-2013, 02:58 PM
What post moves. So tired of stans making this guy out to be something hes not. Theyve been doing it even before his success these last 2 seasons, during his failures. Thats why hes criticized so much, because of you stans

russwest0
09-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Post moves? LOL

He turns and shoots lefties off the glass. That's it.

Lol exactly. He is hardly a threat to shoot from the post.

Look at advanced stats for post scoring. Guys like KD and Melo are far better scoring from the post than LeBron.

jongib369
09-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Hakeem and McHale wish they had that kind of footwork.
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/554261_10200939058620120_1054581269_n.jpg

zoom17
09-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Lol exactly. He is hardly a threat to shoot from the post.

Look at advanced stats for post scoring. Guys like KD and Melo are far better scoring from the post than LeBron.

:facepalm

SHAQisGOAT
09-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Dantley? Please.

He used the same moves Lebron does. He powered his way to the hoop and got efficient shots. That's why he got doubled down low as well.

The fact is, Lebron is one of the most effective post players in the league, hence why he gets instant doubles down there most of the time. His drop step from the left post last season was actually one of the most efficient shots in basketball.

I'm willing to bet you've never seen Dantley play, apart from like a 2 min highlight reel. Adrian is most likely the goat SF in the post, and you wanna compare him to Lebron? :lol AD is just on another level, far above Lebron, dude was scoring like over 30 on 57% from the field, mostly working down low. Lebron doesn't have that type of soft touch around the basket, those fadeaways from up close, that terrific footwork, that craftiness, that skill to get his shot off in the most crowded places, the ability to use his body for the correct purposes. Seen plenty of games where the opposing team's coach was trying almost every player he had to see if he could stop Adrian, much taller players, much bigger players, faster players.. didn't matter.
AD got double and triple teamed when posting up because he was a master down there, although he was really strong and pretty bulk, he was like 6'5'' and didn't have overall athleticism like a Lebron James. Lebron is an athletic freak, he can just explode and power his way to the hoop jumping high towards the rim, from the post, what you see a lot on that vid, that's why he gets doubled down low plenty.

Dantley was much better in the post and also a better scorer at their best, now was he a better overall player than Lebron? Obviously not, he could be a black-hole and a bad teammate, he was not as good at rebounding as Lebron, he was not an athletic freak like James, his overall offensive game wasn't as diverse, and lets just say that for the most part he couldn't care less about playing D.

I'm not even hating on Lebron, he's the best player in the game but his postgame is not where it should be at, considering that, although he has been improving it. Stop being so sensitive.

Oh he is one of the most effective post players in the league? Prove it then.
I'll also keep in mind that postgame is lacking, overall, a whole ****in lot in today's game, and that you don't have bigmen like you used to.

CavaliersFTW
09-19-2013, 05:07 PM
:biggums: those 'highlights' are an embarassment to post players throughout NBA history - might as well make a Carmelo Anthony 2013 defense vid

TheReal Kendall
09-19-2013, 05:24 PM
If y'all really think those are post moves I feel sorry for you guys.

Have y'all ever played or watched someone with real post moves?

Lebron's post moves are on the same level as a little kid in city league ball.

Only reason it works is because he's bigger and stronger than his opponents.

I'm not hating but just calling it how I see it.

He really need to work on his midrange so teams won't sag off of him anymore.

bdreason
09-19-2013, 05:31 PM
That's what passes for a post game these days? :facepalm

aj1987
09-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Is that a potato playing basketball?

NVM, potatoes have better footwork.

Trollsmasher
09-19-2013, 06:05 PM
Lol at the mother's basement kids here pretending to know how a good post game looks like:facepalm

sc19
09-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Overrated moves anyways. He won the finals shooting 3's. :cheers:

aj1987
09-19-2013, 06:12 PM
Lol at the mother's basement kids here pretending to know how a good post game looks like:facepalm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpuswrs-Svg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdtgUOiWHJg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22O2lApCBBs

Greg Oden 50
09-19-2013, 10:19 PM

NOT EVEN 1/4 /as GD AS PIPPEN

Round Mound
09-20-2013, 12:47 AM
Suggest Lebron Watches More Barkley and Shaq Games To Get Better as a Post Player. His Body Is Similar and He Is Currently Exploiting The Weaker Opponents in the Post With Ease. But When He Is Guarded By a Lock Down Post Defender He Must Learn from McHale, Jabbar and Hakeem.

G-train
09-20-2013, 01:09 AM
Why does a guard with 2 titles (and counting), 4 MVP's and 9 all NBA's, while being the best player in the world, and one of the greatest players ever, require to perfect a whole new facet to this game, when he is currently adequate at it?
He is 6'8 250 with guard quickness. No one can guard him when combined with his finishing ability. He outquicks forwards from the high post and just finishes.

G-train
09-20-2013, 01:12 AM

Not all post moves, but he is just toying with NBA guys in this video.

ballup
09-20-2013, 02:31 AM
He finally got a working post game. Not really pretty as he relies largely on his strength and speed rather than positioning and foot work. He's got the mid range fade away down.

AlphaWolf24
09-20-2013, 12:54 PM
It's amazing how much his post game has improved since he came to Miami...

seriously...I read about how much he worked during the past few summers on his footwork/midrange jumper/post ...and it totally shows.

Lebron James post game is 100% improved and it makes him a much more dangerous scorer ...and the main reason why he won 2 titles

Greg Oden 50
09-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Why does a guard with 2 titles (and counting), 4 MVP's and 9 all NBA's, while being the best player in the world, and one of the greatest players ever, require to perfect a whole new facet to this game, when he is currently adequate at it?
He is 6'8 250 with guard quickness. No one can guard him when combined with his finishing ability. He outquicks forwards from the high post and just finishes.

he looks unstoppable becos he plays in a weak era which has with no big man,full of soft defence :banana:

pegasus
09-20-2013, 01:02 PM

seriously...I read about how much he worked during the past few summers on his footwork/midrange jumper/post ...and it totally shows.

Lebron James post game is 100% improved and it makes him a much more dangerous scorer ...and the main reason why he won 2 titles
I agree - his posting skills did win him two rings. No one posts tweets like he does to recruit great players.:applause:

Greg Oden 50
09-20-2013, 01:02 PM

becos he plays against the most weakest team at final history aka okc and old spurs :roll:

Greg Oden 50
09-20-2013, 01:04 PM
I agree - his posting skills did win him two rings. No one posts tweets like he does to recruit great players.:applause:

no ...........

he wins becos duncan gassed :no:

diamenz
09-20-2013, 02:08 PM
tbh i thought this was going to be a vid full of post moments of him making a fool of himself... that's ow bad he is with his back to the basket.

Eric Cartman
09-20-2013, 02:25 PM
The thing if hate is that you know he has really worked hard on his post game and this year it was on full display as legit.

Then come the idiots posting gifs for years ago of him failing in the post. Isn't this about getting better and becoming the best player possible? He physically has lost a little bit of a step but has more than made up for it in smart play and post skills.

Why hate a man that has put so much time and effort into becoming the monster on the basketball court on both sides of the ball with possibly no noticeable weaknesses?

diamenz
09-20-2013, 07:46 PM
who's hating? the guy just doesn't have a post game - he's stronger on the perimeter and that's where he should stay. i guess the lack of post skill these days really dumbs down what is considered be having a 'post game'.

Lebron23
09-20-2013, 07:55 PM
It's simple, but effective. That's why he owned the Bulls since 2009.

Haks
09-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Really think he should go to that baseline spin and do that baby left hook of the glass some more. Could be an unstoppable move

Lebron23
09-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Lebron needs to use this move more often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYZv85R_Rec

Trollsmasher
09-20-2013, 08:47 PM
That lefty hook off the glass is already approaching the level of Skyhook in terms of effectivness and unguardability:applause:

I don't think I have ever seen him miss it.

chips93
09-20-2013, 08:50 PM
That lefty hook off the glass is already approaching the level of Skyhook in terms of effectivness and unguardability:applause:

I don't I have ever seen him miss it.

:coleman:

chips93
09-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Suggest Lebron Watches More Barkley and Shaq Games To Get Better as a Post Player. His Body Is Similar and He Is Currently Exploiting The Weaker Opponents in the Post With Ease. But When He Is Guarded By a Lock Down Post Defender He Must Learn from McHale, Jabbar and Hakeem.

there is no lock down post defender that can guard lebron out on the perimeter, so if lebron is guarded by a lock down post defender, he can just isolate against him out at the 3pt line, and blow by him.

Hoopz2332
09-22-2013, 09:05 AM
LOL @ haters talking "what moves?" Yall realize that you don't need an entire arsenal like Mchale or Hakeem to get the job done? Shaq only had 2-3 moves and that's all he needed to beast. Basically all perimeter players are doing variations of fadeaways and jump hooks that you see lebron doing in that video. The difference between lebron posting and people like Mchale and is that lebron will also pick you apart with his passing out of the post.

raprap
09-22-2013, 09:23 AM
hey atleast he's improving. Not pretty but effective. I still dont think he is comfortable down there, foot work is still :facepalm Im looking forward if he improves on it this season and so on. :cheers:

KOBE143
09-22-2013, 09:55 AM
This shit hurt my eyes.. I stop watching after playing 1sec of the vid..

Phenith
09-22-2013, 11:01 AM
The amazing part is, after watching this video i'm still shocked at LBJs efficiency cuz a lot of those shots are bad shots over defenders and look really flat, how does this guy shoot in the high 50s. He is just so strong and skilled he doesn't need to look good to be a great player

Kblaze8855
09-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Lot of people in here really are just clowns. Talking about all time great post scorers and so on? Since when did anyone need to be comparable to the greatest post players of all time to say they have a post game?

Might as well say "Look at Reggie Miller for a real catch and shoot player" when someone goes from a bad catch and shoot player to one who can get you a few easy baskets a game doing it.

If Bargnani works on it and gets his rebounding up to 8-9 a game you gonna come into a topic on his improved rebounding on some "Lol...WHAT rebounding? This is an insult to real rebounders. Dennis Rodman is a rebounder!"?

Shit is weak. Nobody said hes Larry Bird or Michael Jordan on the block. Just that hes a much improved post player. If you claim otherwise you are blind, lying, or a ****ing idiot.

Hoopz2332
09-23-2013, 04:24 AM
For the record, that same youtuber made some post up videos from this past season

Durant post moves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkiY1UEmbMY

Kobe post moves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoLVtSMqJV4

Wade post moves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLDkLJKauDU

looking @ these vids and what I've noticed from watching them play, their "pet" post moves seems to be

-lebron loves that left hook off the glass move and the fade going left

-wade similar to lebrons but right handed instead he also likes the "scoop" hook

-kobe "MJ" fade shot

-durant 1 foot step back jumper

305Baller
09-23-2013, 04:26 PM
some of those moves are insanely sick.