PDA

View Full Version : Is Durants on-court impact overrated????

Haks
09-20-2013, 02:46 PM
I know Durant is the second best player and all... BUT. But.
Am I the only one who when watching him sees that his stats and his impactful on the court dont match. Now people are putting him on all time scale as a scorer when I dnt see it.
Discuss

I<3NBA
09-20-2013, 02:52 PM
his impact on the floor is simply scoring. if he's not scoring, he's virtually invisible.

nathanjizzle
09-20-2013, 02:55 PM
is he a better version of melo?

kNicKz
09-20-2013, 02:59 PM
is he a better version of melo?

Last year Melo was better than KD

pnyozzzoo
09-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Rofl are you kidding me???
Durant is better scorer ( score more pts than melo) more efficient scorer, better defender, better rebounder, better play maker and better work ethic and better conditioning less injury and less old and cared more. Melo has 1 thing on durant thats more ways to score.(still durant have so many ways to score the pt is muted almost) Every thing Melo does Durant does better.:oldlol:

KG215
09-20-2013, 03:14 PM
his impact on the floor is simply scoring. if he's not scoring, he's virtually invisible.
In other words, you have no clue what you're talking about.

I know Durant is the second best player and all... BUT. But.
Am I the only one who when watching him sees that his stats and his impactful on the court dont match. Now people are putting him on all time scale as a scorer when I dnt see it.
Discuss
No, it's not. Even all the advanced stats loved him in 2013. Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it's not there. And :oldlol: as not seeing him on an "all-time scale" as a scorer, whatever that means. When a player goes out and gives you 28-30 PPG for 4 of the first 6 years of his career on great efficiency, then yes, he's on some sort of "all-time level" as a scorer.

Haks
09-20-2013, 03:23 PM
In other words, you have no clue what you're talking about.

No, it's not. Even all the advanced stats loved him in 2013. Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it's not there. And :oldlol: as not seeing him on an "all-time scale" as a scorer, whatever that means. When a player goes out and gives you 28-30 PPG for 4 of the first 6 years of his career on great efficiency, then yes, he's on some sort of "all-time level" as a scorer.
Look. You watch Durant right. Do you feel he is as dominant as his numbers display 28/8/5 on the stats sheet but the guy is invisible for more than 10 minutes whilst he is on the court. I dont care about advanced stats I am just wondering if anybody else questions his iingame impact

Eric Cartman
09-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Look. You watch Durant right. Do you feel he is as dominant as his numbers display 28/8/5 on the stats sheet but the guy is invisible for more than 10 minutes whilst he is on the court. I dont care about advanced stats I am just wondering if anybody else questions his iingame impact

Get your head out of your ass.

Mr Exlax
09-20-2013, 03:59 PM
The crazy part is that I think I kind of agree with OP.

Miller for 3
09-20-2013, 04:06 PM
ITT, the best player on the best SRS team is overrated because butthurt Lebrick/MarshMellow stans are on suicide watch.

Duran'ts a better scorer, rebounder, and defender than Lebron. Lebron's a better playmaker, mainly because the league allows him to travel nonstop and he plays on a more stacked team. Durant does more with less, and proved he was the best USA player during the 12 Olympics

TheMarkMadsen
09-20-2013, 05:00 PM
I agree with the OP, I think Durant is great 2nd best player in the game but I can specifically remember the finals when he'd have these quiet 30 pt games that didnt seem to have much impact.

He can have 30 an you won't even realize it. He's very effecient but is love to see him take 5 more shots per game as well as running the offense more.

He needs to put WB in his place and become da alpha dawg

longhornfan1234
09-20-2013, 05:01 PM
ITT, the best player on the best SRS team is overrated because butthurt Lebrick/MarshMellow stans are on suicide watch.

Duran'ts a better scorer, rebounder, and defender than Lebron. Lebron's a better playmaker, mainly because the league allows him to travel nonstop and he plays on a more stacked team. Durant does more with less, and proved he was the best USA player during the 12 Olympics
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Trollsmasher
09-20-2013, 05:26 PM
I agree. Look at the last game against Miami in Oklahoma. He had something like 41 points which really took me by surprise at the end of the game, because I did not really feel that he scored more than 20. And that is a very common occurence with him. And of course, his impact does not go beyond scoring.

TheReal Kendall
09-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Same could be said for Lebron.

But trust me the Thunder would miss those 28 to 30 ppg if KD wasn't out there

chazzy
09-20-2013, 05:36 PM
You probably feel that way because he plays off ball more than other star players

Eric Cartman
09-20-2013, 05:44 PM
We are so accustomed to ball dominant player iso ball that we underestimate the impact that players who shoot the ball in the rhythm of the offense such as Durant, Reggie Miller, Rip Hamilton can have in a game.

BoutPractice
09-20-2013, 05:49 PM
You probably feel that way because he plays off ball more than other star players
This. It's essentially an optical illusion.

All Net
09-20-2013, 06:04 PM

Not true at all.

KG215
09-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Yes, I do. I can sort of understand how some people might've felt that way prior to 2013, but in 2013, most nights he was having that level of impact. You say he's invisible for 10 minutes while he's in the game like he's the only superstar who's not impacting the game and/or dominating every single minute he's on the floor. But yes, of the 90 something OKC games I watched last year, playoffs and regular season, there were games Durant was sort of invisible for stretches. That's not abnormal for any superstar player, especially over the course of a grueling 82 game season.

If you'd like, I can watch as many Heat games as possible next year since I'll have League Pass, and keep track of every game LeBron seems invisible for a 7-10 minute stretch. I'm willing to bet that number, even if I only watch 50-60 games, will be in double figures. Hell, I can remember one or two games per playoff series alone this past year where LeBron was "invisible" for close to 10 minutes while on the floor.

Thing is, for LeBron and Durant both, they're still impacting the game with their defense. LeBron is obviously the better defender, but this past season Durant was a good defensive player, with emphasis on good because I still see posters saying he was an average or slightly above average defender, but he was good enough to at least be classified as a "good" defender in 2013. They both, even when they're not scoring, are impacting things on the offensive end to some extent because they're drawing extra attention from the defense.

bdreason
09-20-2013, 06:09 PM
Not really his fault Westbrook comes down and chucks midrange jumpers 5 seconds into the possession.

KG215
09-20-2013, 06:11 PM

While Durant made strides defensively this year, and was a very solid defender, he's still not better defensively than LeBron.

And even though Durant's size, skillset, and game are all tailor made for international/FIBA ball, and while he was still really good in London, LeBron was team USA's best player throughout the Olympics.

KG215
09-20-2013, 06:12 PM
Not really his fault Westbrook comes down and chucks midrange jumpers 5 seconds into the possession.
:rolleyes:

Yeah...you make it sound like Westbrook does that all the time when he really only does it 2-3 times per game. Is that still too much? Sure, but over the course of an entire game I'm not sure what kind of impact that's really having on how Durant is affecting the game.

Sarcastic
09-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Durant is not overrated. It's just that Westbrook is underrated.

AussieG
09-20-2013, 06:39 PM
He is a crazy good scorer.. best scorer in the league. He's almost super human. When he isn't hitting his shots he doesn't have as much impact, but most of the time he does hit his shots. He's one of those players where I just can't believe how good he has become.

russwest0
09-20-2013, 06:50 PM
While Durant made strides defensively this year, and was a very solid defender, he's still not better defensively than LeBron.

And even though Durant's size, skillset, and game are all tailor made for international/FIBA ball, and while he was still really good in London, LeBron was team USA's best player throughout the Olympics.

How is he not a better defender than LeBron? He typically guarded better players on offense and allowed a much lower PER than LeBron did. He's better at drawing charges and getting blocks as well..

Fudge
09-20-2013, 06:51 PM
He's the most impactful playa in the league buddy.

bdreason
09-20-2013, 06:54 PM
:rolleyes:

Yeah...you make it sound like Westbrook does that all the time when he really only does it 2-3 times per game. Is that still too much? Sure, but over the course of an entire game I'm not sure what kind of impact that's really having on how Durant is affecting the game.

Explain to me how the best scorer in the game gets 2 fewer FGA's per game than the PG who shoots 5% worse from the field. Not only does Westbrook take too many quick midrange jumpers... but he takes more than THREE 3-pointers per game.

Westbrook undoubtedly effects how much impact Durant has on the game. I'm not saying the Thunder are better without Westbrook... but they would be better if Durant was taking more shots.

madmax
09-20-2013, 07:15 PM
as long as Westbrick is on the team, Thunder will never sniff any title:cheers:
If Durant wants not to go Malone's and Stockton's route, that chucking PG either has to be traded or forced to play like a true PG is supposed to

Fudge
09-20-2013, 07:21 PM
as long as Westbrick is on the team, Thunder will never sniff any title:cheers:
If Durant wants not to go Malone's and Stockton's route, that chucking PG either has to be traded or forced to play like a true PG is supposed to
Huh? You say that if they don't want to be the next Malone/Stockton (who didn't win a title), that they should make Westbrook play like a "true" PG, which Stockton was. :confusedshrug:

KG215
09-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Explain to me how the best scorer in the game gets 2 fewer FGA's per game than the PG who shoots 5% worse from the field. Not only does Westbrook take too many quick midrange jumpers... but he takes more than THREE 3-pointers per game.

Westbrook undoubtedly effects how much impact Durant has on the game. I'm not saying the Thunder are better without Westbrook... but they would be better if Durant was taking more shots.
What does that have to do with you saying it's not Durant's fault Westbrook chucks midrange jumpers 5 seconds into the shot clock? I didn't say Westbrook doesn't take away from Durant to some extent, but your original post was about Westbrook taking mid-range jumpers 5 seconds into the shotclock which was what my response was geared towards. So don't act like I you originally said all of what you said in this post. My response would've been different if you had.

As for Westbrook's shot selection, it's not as bad as it used to be. Sure, I wish he'd take a few less shots per game while Durant took a few more per game, but the dynamic works because Westbrook still gets his 20-25 points which OKC needs with the lack of other scorers on the roster.

KG215
09-20-2013, 07:30 PM
How is he not a better defender than LeBron? He typically guarded better players on offense and allowed a much lower PER than LeBron did. He's better at drawing charges and getting blocks as well..
Meh...I don't like the PER argument in this case. If I recall correctly, Carmelo held opposing PF's to a really low PER this year when he guarded them, and I don't think anyone considers him a good or elite defender. Durant's off-ball defensive impact isn't as high as LeBron's, and I think LeBron is a better on-ball defender when he's locked in and focused. Durant's on-ball defense this past year was the same (and we were already seeing flashes of it in the playoffs in 2011 and 2012), when he was locked in he was a very on-ball defender. And the 1.5 BPG and SPG he averages does show his off-ball defense is good, but I just don't get the same sense of high-end/elite impact from Durant that I do from LeBron when I actually watch the games.

I do tend to think LeBron's on-ball defense gets overrated, though, while Durant's defense gets underrated.

bdreason
09-21-2013, 03:53 AM
What does that have to do with you saying it's not Durant's fault Westbrook chucks midrange jumpers 5 seconds into the shot clock? I didn't say Westbrook doesn't take away from Durant to some extent, but your original post was about Westbrook taking mid-range jumpers 5 seconds into the shotclock which was what my response was geared towards. So don't act like I you originally said all of what you said in this post. My response would've been different if you had.

As for Westbrook's shot selection, it's not as bad as it used to be. Sure, I wish he'd take a few less shots per game while Durant took a few more per game, but the dynamic works because Westbrook still gets his 20-25 points which OKC needs with the lack of other scorers on the roster.

My point was that Durant's overall effectiveness is limited by Westbrook's decision making. Unless Westbrook stops jacking up low % shots, and starts getting Durant the ball more... Durant's overall effectiveness will continue to be limited.

I would rather have Durant shooting 3's with two guys guarding him than Westbrook taking wide open 3's. Yet Westbrook continues to take "heat check" shots throughout the game for some reason. Westbrook is a great player, and the Thunder need him to be aggressive... but he needs to improve his decision making, and get Durant the ball more.

That's one of the major differences between Durant and LeBron. LeBron is the defacto PG on his team, and can call his own number at any time. Durant has to hope that Westbrook passes him the ball.

b1imtf
09-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Maybe in the year they made the finals, but now he's pretty much an all around player

cos88
09-21-2013, 09:53 AM
bad post after bad post, stupid thing after stupid thing in this thread :facepalm

tpols
09-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Not at all.. if anything its becoming underrated because he actually frees up a ton of opportunity for talented teammates. If he were on a bad team it would be tough but hes not.

Fresh Kid
09-21-2013, 10:00 AM
thank you, besides kd gets most his points from tha free throw line anyway, melo dont get dat much love from tha refs:facepalm

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-21-2013, 10:08 AM
All Melo (overrated) has on Durant is that he can score in more ways. Durant, while being VERY skilled, scores more points on higher efficiency. MUCH higher efficiency.

KG215
09-21-2013, 11:50 AM
My point was that Durant's overall effectiveness is limited by Westbrook's decision making. Unless Westbrook stops jacking up low % shots, and starts getting Durant the ball more... Durant's overall effectiveness will continue to be limited.

I would rather have Durant shooting 3's with two guys guarding him than Westbrook taking wide open 3's. Yet Westbrook continues to take "heat check" shots throughout the game for some reason. Westbrook is a great player, and the Thunder need him to be aggressive... but he needs to improve his decision making, and get Durant the ball more.

That's one of the major differences between Durant and LeBron. LeBron is the defacto PG on his team, and can call his own number at any time. Durant has to hope that Westbrook passes him the ball.
Ok, I don't have a problem with all that. Just don't sit there and act like this what you originally said. If you had, my response would've been a lot different.

asdf1990
09-21-2013, 11:57 AM
i didn't see much of him last year but I remember in the finals the heat would body him and prevent him from getting the ball and he would get frustrated and go missing for key points in the game because he was unable to get the ball. Does he still do the same thing?

kNicKz
09-21-2013, 12:23 PM
i didn't see much of him last year but I remember in the finals the heat would body him and prevent him from getting the ball and he would get frustrated and go missing for key points in the game because he was unable to get the ball. Does he still do the same thing?

He's improved, but for the most part he hovers around the wing looking for bunnies. Disappears on defense more than people are willing to admit also

KG215
09-21-2013, 12:24 PM
He's improved, but for the most part he hovers around the wing looking for bunnies. Disappears on defense more than people are willing to admit also
:oldlol:

You and fresh kid...might as well be the same poster. Both of you are either clueless or just purposefully trolling.

kNicKz
09-21-2013, 12:26 PM

You and fresh kid...might as well be the same poster. Both of you are either clueless or just purposefully trolling.

Fresh Kid is a troll and not a knicks fan. KD is without a doubt overrated though, it is what it is. Sorry

KG215
09-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Fresh Kid is a troll and not a knicks fan. KD is without a doubt overrated though, it is what it is. Sorry
Overrated and still better than Carmelo's ever been. Must be a tough pill to swallow.

kNicKz
09-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Overrated and still better than Carmelo's ever been. Must be a tough pill to swallow.

Neither of them have titles lmao , you're acting as if Durant has accomplished something that Melo hasn't. Watching durant go 5-21 against the Grizzlies and turning the ball over like 7 times :roll:

Fresh Kid
09-21-2013, 12:54 PM

whoa whoa wait a damn second:biggums:

Fresh Kid
09-21-2013, 12:54 PM
niko iz dat you?????????????:biggums: :wtf:

Fresh Kid
09-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Durant looks like shit without westbrook and harden.

dunksby
09-21-2013, 01:09 PM
Still better than Melo with Billups and Iverson.

Frozen1
09-21-2013, 01:10 PM
I remember one game last seaon, Heat @ OKC, don

KG215
09-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Neither of them have titles lmao , you're acting as if Durant has accomplished something that Melo hasn't. Watching durant go 5-21 against the Grizzlies and turning the ball over like 7 times :roll:
Yeah, it's not like Carmelo's shoots 42% in the playoffs for his career or anything. Oh, and how about that 10/35 game? Or the 8/24, 7/23, 10/28, or 9/23 game he had this year alone in the playoffs?

But sure, Durant averaging 31-9-6-1-1 on 46% FG and 57 TS% in the playoffs is basically the same as Carmelo averaging 29-7-2-1-0 on 41% FG and 50% TS. Durant actually had similar inconsistent help this year as Carmelo had and he still put up much better numbers than Melo.

KG215
09-21-2013, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=Frozen1]I remember one game last seaon, Heat @ OKC, don

dunksby
09-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Yeah, it's not like Carmelo's shoots 42% in the playoffs for his career or anything. Oh, and how about that 10/35 game? Or the 8/24, 7/23, 10/28, or 9/23 game he had this year alone in the playoffs?

But sure, Durant averaging 31-9-6-1-1 on 46% FG and 57 TS% in the playoffs is basically the same as Carmelo averaging 29-7-2-1-0 on 41% FG and 50% TS. Durant actually had similar inconsistent help this year as Carmelo had and he still put up much better numbers than Melo.
Durant averages 29PPG Melo averages 26PPG on .465 and .417 respectively.

KG215
09-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Durant averages 29PPG Melo averages 26PPG on .465 and .417 respectively.
I was talking about the 2013 playoffs. Druant loses the one excuse Carmlo fans make for him as to why he doesn't put up the same numbers as Durant, and Durant's numbers are still quite a bit better.

Young X
09-21-2013, 01:22 PM
That's because he's the most effortless scorer you've ever seen. You're so used to seeing dominant scorers (Kobe, MJ, AI, Shaq, Wade, Bron, etc) exert high amounts of energy to score that you take for granted KD being able to drop 35 without breaking a sweat and uoeno it. He's like a scoring robot, no matter how bad he plays in the 1st half, he's still somehow going to end up with his averages.

dunksby
09-21-2013, 01:25 PM
I was talking about the 2013 playoffs. Druant loses the one excuse Carmlo fans make for him as to why he doesn't put up the same numbers as Durant, and Durant's numbers are still quite a bit better.
Melo has had as good teams as well, Melo has twice cracked double digit games in playoffs, in 10 post-seasons he has played a total of 66 games. While in 4 post-seasons Durant has managed to play 54 games, what does that tell ya? Looking at Melo's numbers during different post-seasons is depressing.

KG215
09-21-2013, 01:49 PM
See, when you post things like this I can't tell if you're trolling/kidding or being serious.

Durant spent an entire season without Harden and averaged 28-8-5 on 51/42/91 shooting and 65% TS. Carmelo missed 15 games and still attempted 56 more FG's to score 360 fewer points than Durant.

And he looked like shit for two games in the playoffs without Westbrook, games 4 and 5 against Memphis. But the first seven games of the playoffs without Westbrook, Durant averaged 34-11-6-2-1 on 51% FG and 62% TS.

So, you were saying?

tpols
09-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Durant is definitely better than Melo.. but I would like to see what Melo could do if he had just one elite offensive sidekick, which he really hasnt had in years. JR Smith has been his most consistent offensive support and that dude lays bigger eggs than Melo does in the playoffs.

Melo needs a rondo or a nash or something to take playmaking duties out of his hands. Knicks were so good to start the season last year because Jason Kidd was playing like a beast setting melo up left and right for great shots.. but he wore down and was terrible at the end.

Fudge
09-21-2013, 02:40 PM
No lie, Durant shits on Melo in almost EVERY aspect in the game. Srs. I really can't think of one thing that Melo does better.

Johnny Jones
09-21-2013, 02:41 PM
No lie, Durant shits on Melo in almost EVERY aspect in the game. Srs. I really can't think of one thing that Melo does better.
werd.

Fresh Kid
09-21-2013, 02:43 PM
coming from a thunder fan:lol

Fudge
09-21-2013, 02:45 PM
coming from a thunder fan:lol
Heat fan you mean.

Fresh Kid
09-21-2013, 02:47 PM
See, when you post things like this I can't tell if you're trolling/kidding or being serious.

Durant spent an entire season without Harden and averaged 28-8-5 on 51/42/91 shooting and 65% TS. Carmelo missed 15 games and still attempted 56 more FG's to score 360 fewer points than Durant.

And he looked like shit for two games in the playoffs without Westbrook, games 4 and 5 against Memphis. But the first seven games of the playoffs without Westbrook, Durant averaged 34-11-6-2-1 on 51% FG and 62% TS.

So, you were saying?
im saying after all that, Durant still aint shit without westbrook and harden, he didn't make tha playoffs until 2010 ( which had westbrook and harden) & 2013 he couldnt get passed tha damn grizzlies, no wcf, which basically overrates Durant and underrates Melo.

Fresh Kid
09-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Heat fan you mean.
a heat fan with okc thunder players childhood pics as his avatar, get outta here with dat:oldlol:

KG215
09-21-2013, 03:00 PM
im saying after all that, Durant still aint shit without westbrook and harden, he didn't make tha playoffs until 2010 ( which had westbrook and harden) & 2013 he couldnt get passed tha damn grizzlies, no wcf, which basically overrates Durant and underrates Melo.
I shouldn't even say anything, because it's very apparent you have no clue what you're talking about, but I'll try to explain it the best I can.

He didn't make the playoffs until 2010...ok? Westbrook was a secon dyear player and Harden and Ibaka were rookies. His rookie year his best teammates were rookie Jeff Green, Earl Watson, Chris Wilcox, and Nick Collison. The supporting cast was terrible, and it's not like Durant was anything special, either. I mean he had a good rookie season, but he wasn't good enough to lead that shit supporting cast to the playoffs. And it's not like Westbrook came in and was any better as a rookie, and the rest of the supporting cast was pretty awful again.

And you act like not being able to get past the Grizzlies without Westbrook means something bad. They were a 58 win team and had the DPOY anchoring one of the two best defenses in the league. That'd be like me saying "and Carmelo couldn't get past the damn Pacers" who actually won 9 fewer games in the regular season in a weaker conference than the Grizzlies.

I have absolutely no idea how you came to the hairbrained conclusion that that overrates Durant AND underrates Melo.

Fudge
09-21-2013, 03:03 PM
I shouldn't even say anything, because it's very apparent you have no clue what you're talking about, but I'll try to explain it the best I can.

He didn't make the playoffs until 2010...ok? Westbrook was a secon dyear player and Harden and Ibaka were rookies. His rookie year his best teammates were rookie Jeff Green, Earl Watson, Chris Wilcox, and Nick Collison. The supporting cast was terrible, and it's not like Durant was anything special, either. I mean he had a good rookie season, but he wasn't good enough to lead that shit supporting cast to the playoffs. And it's not like Westbrook came in and was any better as a rookie, and the rest of the supporting cast was pretty awful again.

And you act like not being able to get past the Grizzlies without Westbrook means something bad. They were a 58 win team and had the DPOY anchoring one of the two best defenses in the league. That'd be like me saying "and Carmelo couldn't get past the damn Pacers" who actually won 9 fewer games in the regular season in a weaker conference than the Grizzlies.

I have absolutely no idea how you came to the hairbrained conclusion that that overrates Durant AND underrates Melo.
It's a lost cause...you can't explain even the most basic shit to illiterate kids like wilds.

funnystuff
09-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Honestly, Durant scored the quietest 30 ppg in the 2012 finals.

I didn't see those numbers on the court and when i looked at the box score, i was amazed.

KG215
09-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Honestly, Durant scored the quietest 30 ppg in the 2012 finals.

I didn't see those numbers on the court and when i looked at the box score, i was amazed.
True, and it makes perfect sense to boil down a player's impact and game to one playoff series (his first Finals no less) a year and a half ago. I mean it's not like that was a small sample size (5 games) or Durant was better and more impactful in 2013 than 2012, right?

Keno
02-23-2014, 05:12 PM
yes.

Marlo_Stanfield
02-23-2014, 05:14 PM
yes and by epic proportions too:applause: :applause:

Trollsmasher
02-23-2014, 05:21 PM
I have been very vocal about his bad stats/impact ratio for a long time. It is clear thing to anybody with some knowledge of the game

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Ibaka -23
KD +1
Adams -16
Westbrook -14
Thabo -14

it is what it is.

lebeast666
02-23-2014, 05:25 PM
Has a lot of weak 40pt games. Today it was all breakaway layups and gifted fts

StrongLurk
02-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Can people stop being morons when it comes to Durant. Look, Lebron is my favorite player, but Durant is pretty much guaranteed to be a top 20 player ever. If his impact is overrated, then so is 99% of all players in NBA history.

IGOTGAME
02-23-2014, 05:30 PM
I don't think he is comparable to Lebron. I also think Prime Dwight in Orlando before the back surgeries was equal or better.

LongLiveTheKing
02-23-2014, 05:48 PM
Empty stats

Fudge
02-23-2014, 05:49 PM
Best player in the league, still.

HoopsFanNumero1
02-23-2014, 05:57 PM
Best player in the league, still.

Nice avatar.

moe94
02-23-2014, 05:59 PM
I also think Prime Dwight in Orlando before the back surgeries was equal or better.
:biggums:

chazzy
02-23-2014, 06:05 PM
How is being the #1 offense last year, #1 and #2 in point differential these past two seasons not impactful enough?

Doranku
02-23-2014, 06:08 PM
You can tell when a person has never played basketball when they say things like "if he's not scoring then he isn't going anything to help his team".

Are you guys retarded? He's still Kevin f*cking Durant. Teams make game plans revolving around what this guy does. He's still going to be out there commanding the most defensive attention on the court. He's still making it easier for his teammates on offense. He's still playing defense on the other end.

Ya'll are idiots sometimes, seriously.

hahaitme
02-23-2014, 06:08 PM
Heat fan you mean.

http://replygif.net/i/154.gif

Leftimage
02-23-2014, 06:16 PM
Don't know about overall but as far as defending good wing players 1-on-1, I'd say his impact barely registers. He's like the 3rd best defender on Thunder's starting 5, so he simply will not have that game-altering effect on defense.

Just look how Lebron exposed him. Clearly this is a mismatch in regular situations but seeing how the fans and players wanted it, Brooks let it happen on a few occasions. In each of those Lebron pretty much made KD look like David Lee.

I'd say on offense his impact is pretty damn significant though.