PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2k14 Ratings Released

The JKidd Kid
09-25-2013, 08:06 AM
http://www.operationsports.com/videos/2126/nba-2k14-player-ratings/

Immediate Reaction:

Rudy Gay is still being considered a star even though most people wouldn't let him play on their team for free. Kyrie, Rondo, Monta and Manu are also overrated. Lopez, Hibert, Gasol, Noah and basically any center not named Dwight are underrated. Parker and Williams still not getting any respect. For some reason they lowered Loves rating for being injured but raised Andrew Bynums rating :confusedshrug: .

Most Importantly:
WHERE THE FCVK ARE MY 02-03 NETS?

CJ Mustard
09-25-2013, 08:08 AM
Closed the link before even pressing play on the video. SMH @ the Knicks having 4 players in the 80's.

The JKidd Kid
09-25-2013, 08:14 AM
Closed the link before even pressing play on the video. SMH @ the Knicks having 4 players in the 80's.

2k always overrated the Knicks and the Lakers, it's just something we have to deal with.

dr.hee
09-25-2013, 08:17 AM
So you kids realize that overall ratings don't mean sh*t, right?

cos88
09-25-2013, 08:33 AM
i'm wondering if they fixed the bug around role players like nick young, gerald green or other dropping 50 points game after game.

also free agents have like always embarassing high ratings. stephen jackson is a top 25 player :facepalm

Kblaze8855
09-25-2013, 08:44 AM
Jordan Farmar and Kyle Hines are tied for highest rated euroleague players at 83 one point higher than Vspan.

Sakkreth
09-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Haha Valanciunas 68. What a joke, he's listed 7th or 8th on Raptors ahahaha :facepalm

Motiejunas 58, it's impossible to have below 65 with his offensive skillset, it's just impossible. Also speed is one of the stats that affects overall rating most, an he's like one of the fastest pf.

Splitter 70 ahaha so he's better than Val, ok :rolleyes:

And this list goes on and on. They can't even get top players right...

Sakkreth
09-25-2013, 08:48 AM
Jordan Farmar and Kyle Hines are tied for highest rated euroleague players at 83 one point higher than Vspan.

Where do u get those from ?

Kblaze8855
09-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Actually Dimitris Diamantidis is #1 at 84.

And no new classic teams...

But the 71 Bucks remain with no Kareem, and the 77 and 85 76ers have no Doctor J, and 85 has no barkley....

Kblaze8855
09-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Where do u get those from ?

http://www.operationsports.com/videos/2127/nba-2k14-player-ratings-classic-teams-and-euroleague/

Sakkreth
09-25-2013, 08:53 AM
http://www.operationsports.com/videos/2127/nba-2k14-player-ratings-classic-teams-and-euroleague/

Thanks.

Edit: well rosters are from last season anyways.

Le Shaqtus
09-25-2013, 08:58 AM
V Span has some decent ratings.

KG215
09-25-2013, 09:00 AM
Wait, no new classic teams? Really? That's kind of a downer. There's still some really good ones they're leaving out. The missing players on some teams (Kareem, Dr. J, Barkley, etc.) isn't that big of a deal since people create pretty dead-on versions pretty quick and put them on 2K Share anyway. But no new classic teams...that's disappointing.

niko
09-25-2013, 09:07 AM

Immediate Reaction:

Rudy Gay is still being considered a star even though most people wouldn't let him play on their team for free. Kyrie, Rondo, Monta and Manu are also overrated. Lopez, Hibert, Gasol, Noah and basically any center not named Dwight are underrated. Parker and Williams still not getting any respect. For some reason they lowered Loves rating for being injured but raised Andrew Bynums rating :confusedshrug: .

Most Importantly:
WHERE THE FCVK ARE MY 02-03 NETS? Hiding from the Lakers and/or Spurs. (Joking aside, that would be a fun team to play.)

The overall ratings are a math function of the individual ratings for each category, so well rounded players (even if not top across categories) tend to average out high. Although what Rudy Gay does very well is beyond me.

And if you get hurt a lot or your "potential to improve" is low then you get hit too.

I just can't wait to play the game sans Jay Z all the time. (That's kind of like the Nets now.)

dr.hee
09-25-2013, 09:10 AM
The overall ratings are a math function of the individual ratings for each category, so well rounded players (even if not top across categories) tend to average out high.

Exactly. It gives casual basketball watchers a quick indicator about which players are kinda good. If 2k was serious, they'd drop the whole thing and go with a more complex system like in Sega's Football manager series.

ZMonkey11
09-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Drummond with that 72 rating do'. Gonna have to get that first update fast.

dr.hee
09-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Drummond with that 72 rating do'. Gonna have to get that first update fast.

Overall ratings aren't important. What's so hard to understand about that? The formulas determining OVR are completely arbitrary, so why does everybody care about that? 2k could change the formulas in a way that Drummond is 90+ overall with the exact same ratings as right now. Would you be happy then? That's the problem I have with 2k, as good as the game is...it's catering to all the kids that don't have a clue how the game actually works.

:confusedshrug:

Kblaze8855
09-25-2013, 10:00 AM
I remember a long argument here over Dirk being like an 83 or something year after they won. Lebron was like a 97 and Mavs fans were saying if Lebron is a 97 Dirk has to be at least in the 90s because he beat him....

Meanwhile I was scoring like 50 points every time I used Dirk. He had like 99 midrange, 99 close, 90 3, 100 consistiency, and just did not miss. But they wanted the final number higher....

dr.hee
09-25-2013, 10:02 AM
I remember a long argument here over Dirk being like an 83 or something year after they won. Lebron was like a 97 and Mavs fans were saying if Lebron is a 97 Dirk has to be at least in the 90s because he beat him....

Meanwhile I was scoring like 50 points every time I used Dirk. He had like 99 midrange, 99 close, 90 3, 100 consistiency, and just did not miss. But they wanted the final number higher....

Exactly. I could set Dirk's main position to PG, which would drop his OVR to, I don't know, 70 or something? Play him at PF with the same ratings and nothing changes. Many gamers are just clueless, and 2k has to cater to them unfortunately.

Nash
09-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Bosh at 82? Thats fecked up.

Jlamb47
09-25-2013, 11:13 AM
i cant see the video due to work
wats dwill and tparker rating?

Wally450
09-25-2013, 11:16 AM
I hope Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz is in the game.

KG215
09-25-2013, 11:28 AM

The first thing I usually do before I start an offline Association (usually with the Thunder) is go through their roster and actually looking at all the individual ratings for each player and then I'll bitch if I feel like Serge's mid-range is too low, or Thabo's 3P isn't high enough, or see what ratings they have boosted too much in my opinion to get Derek Fisher to a mid-70s overall.

But I remember that same argument about Dirk and didn't know why it was a big deal either. I had been playing another Association with the Mavs (after I get bored with beating everyone by 30 in my OKC Association I usually start a new one) and could drop 30-40 with Dirk as easily as I could with Durant. He's not going to be as easy to score off the bounce with as KD, because he's not nearly as quick or fast, but if you get him to his spots he's money because all his shooting attributes are so high.

Wavves
09-25-2013, 11:33 AM
I've never played 2k with the official rosters. They probably do the worst job at rosters out of any of the sport games out there. The amount of players they never add to the game even though they could be on a teams roster for months is borderline a joke.

Ratings tend to be horrible too.

andremiller07
09-25-2013, 11:36 AM
Ratings tend to be horrible too.
The game itself is horrible it's only slightly more realistic than NBA Jam, the amount of low IQ cheesing you can do is just out of this world. Hold R2 with a star player and just do insane shit and spam the steal button on defense.......I honestly find Jam more enjoyable cause you know it's a non realistic game.

Kblaze8855
09-25-2013, 11:44 AM
The game itself is horrible it's only slightly more realistic than NBA Jam

Retire from gaming.

All Net
09-25-2013, 11:55 AM
So Ibaka has a higher rating than Dirk. Interesting.

CanYouDigIt
09-25-2013, 12:02 PM
So Ibaka has a higher rating than Dirk. Interesting.
Ibaka is a better Defender and Rebounder than Dirk.

Kblaze8855
09-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Id imagine Ibaka is higher rated at literally everyone on defense except perhaps steals and Dirks edge in shooting is less thn expected because Ibaka has a good midrange number too.

That plus being more athletic in every way and probably the rebounding edge?

I can see it. But he wont be more effective. I bet I could drop 60 with Dirk on day one.

HEAT111
09-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Is there any videos of a PS4/XBO version? Just looking at the teaser from Live, looks promising as well.

DirkNowitzki41
09-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Id imagine Ibaka is higher rated at literally everyone on defense except perhaps steals and Dirks edge in shooting is less thn expected because Ibaka has a good midrange number too.

I can see it. But he wont be more effective. I bet I could drop 60 with Dirk on day one.

Yeah, ratings really do mean nothing. Even if Ibaka is higher, play with both of them, and it's much easier to take over a game with Dirk than Ibaka.

I love how they overrated Monta, gonna kill it with him and Dirk. He probably still has a really high midrange rating :lol

LikeABosh
09-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Kemba walker an 83? Jr Smith and Amare 83s, Mike Conley rated higher than Marc Gasol. Lmao

Uncle Drew
09-25-2013, 12:17 PM

Immediate Reaction:

Most Importantly:
WHERE THE FCVK ARE MY 02-03 NETS?
:oldlol:

Stay mad. Kyrie > Deron

All Net
09-25-2013, 12:23 PM

Yeah fair point/

CanYouDigIt
09-25-2013, 12:27 PM
It's weird the community thinks that offensive players deserve the best ratings in the game. There is much more to the rating system than mid-range and 3 point ratings.

RoundMoundOfReb
09-25-2013, 12:42 PM
LeBron James is rated too low.

Twiens
09-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Did anyone ever figure out why the classic Kings team never had Webber?

talamo
09-25-2013, 01:03 PM
Bosh at 82? Thats fecked up.

i agree dude should be in the high 60s

TylerOO
09-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Not buying this year. They changed nothing.

97 bulls
09-25-2013, 01:16 PM
It's weird the community thinks that offensive players deserve the best ratings in the game. There is much more to the rating system than mid-range and 3 point ratings.
I agree. I hope this game actually implements the effect defense has on the game. As well as rebounding. Far too often the.rebound goes to the tallest player. Instead of the player that has the best rebound rating. And I believe a great man defender should have some kind of effect on the offensive players

JimmyMcAdocious
09-25-2013, 01:22 PM
The ratings are utter shit. Almost looks identical to the 2012 ratings which were also utter shit.

What has James White ever done to be rated 69 overall? The guy couldn't even get pt on a shitty Knicks team and has taken this long just to get in the NBA. You're going to tell me he's better than actual rotational players/starters in the league like Jeff Taylor (65), Ryan Anderson (67 - Rivers is 71!!!?), Val (68), like half the Spurs team... Jesus Christ, 2K. Hire someone who watches basketball to do the ratings you lazy *******s.

7_cody
09-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Overall ratings aren't important. What's so hard to understand about that? The formulas determining OVR are completely arbitrary, so why does everybody care about that? 2k could change the formulas in a way that Drummond is 90+ overall with the exact same ratings as right now. Would you be happy then? That's the problem I have with 2k, as good as the game is...it's catering to all the kids that don't have a clue how the game actually works.

:confusedshrug:

Overrall ratings are calculated using a different formula depending on what position you play right? I think that is why Dirk doesn't have a 92+ overrall rating, because his elite skills are the ones that do not boost the PF overrall rating, such as shooting, etc

dr.hee
09-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Overrall ratings are calculated using a different formula depending on what position you play right? I think that is why Dirk doesn't have a 92+ overrall rating, because his elite skills are the ones that do not boost the PF overrall rating, such as shooting, etc

Yeah, there's one formula for each position. So it kinda works if you compare players with similar skillsets, but outside of that it's completely useless.

bdreason
09-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Overall ratings don't mean much in 2K.

You'll often find that taller players (i.e. bigmen), especially bigmen with average defensive skills and/or physical attributes, have much lower ratings.

MasterDurant24
09-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Clippers will be dominant once again. Caron Butler > LeBron

Fiba basketball
09-25-2013, 02:42 PM
How the **** is Teodosic rated 73 ?

He was best player on CSKA and Weems who was their 4th best player is rated 82 :facepalm

roffie
09-25-2013, 03:02 PM
The game itself is horrible it's only slightly more realistic than NBA Jam, the amount of low IQ cheesing you can do is just out of this world. Hold R2 with a star player and just do insane shit and spam the steal button on defense.......I honestly find Jam more enjoyable cause you know it's a non realistic game.

rofl oh cmon.. comparing 2k games to nba jam thats just low.. obviously all games have flaws but nba 2k does a pretty a dam good job for a bball game

kennethgriffin
09-25-2013, 03:56 PM
lebron being a 99 and durant a 94 is kind of insulting

if the difference between durant and kobe is 1 point

then the difference between lebron and durant should only be 1 or 2 points at most

lebrons a 96 at best

saying hes a 99 means hes basically perfect... 99 in footwork, 99 in post moves, 99 in midrange jumpers, 99 in clutch... which hes not even close to even 90 in any of these catigories

dr.hee
09-25-2013, 04:02 PM

then the difference between lebron and durant should only be 1 or 2 points at most

lebrons a 96 at best

saying hes a 99 means hes basically perfect... 99 in footwork, 99 in post moves, 99 in midrange jumpers, 99 in clutch... which hes not even close to even 90 in any of these catigories

Huh? You have no idea how ratings work, do you? 2ks target group is a bunch of idiots, lol.

:hammerhead:

kennethgriffin
09-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Huh? You have no idea how ratings work, do you?

:hammerhead:

nobodies a 99.. even when jordan was a 99 i didnt believe it

everyone has flaws in their game. nobody should be 99

only a created player with maxed stats should be that high..

and yea i know a guy doesnt have to be perfect to be a 99.... just perfect in mostly every catigory... which lebron isnt

lebron still has so many holes in his game. and hes not even close to the most productive player in history. so how can he match the highest bar set..

that kind of player would be wilt chamberlain in his prime. and if hes a 99.. then lebrons a 90

cause no way in hell does 50/25/10 ( yes probly 10 blocks per game )

matchup with 26/8/7

Sakkreth
09-25-2013, 04:11 PM
So upset over LeBrons 99rating in a video game :roll:

Dude u need help... :facepalm

dr.hee
09-25-2013, 04:11 PM
nobodies a 99.. even when jordan was a 99 i didnt believe it

everyone has flaws in their game. nobody should be 99

only a created player with maxed stats should be that high..

and yea i know a guy doesnt have to be perfect to be a 99.... just perfect in mostly every catigory... which lebron isnt

lebron still has so many holes in his game. and hes not even close to the most productive player in history. so how can he match the highest bar set..

that kind of player would be wilt chamberlain in his prime. and if hes a 99.. then lebrons a 90

cause no way in hell does 50/25/10 ( yes probly 10 blocks per game )

matchup with 26/8/7

Dude, just stop. Overall is a meaningless arbitrary formula. It has no impact on gameplay whatsoever. Can you follow me so far? Probably not.

In other words, let's say 2ks overall system would produce the exact ratings you'd like (Wilt at 99, Lebron at 90, the whole difference between Kobe, Lebron and Durant bullsh*t)...Nothing would've changed. All individual ratings would remain the same, only the meaningless overall number would be different. No impact on gameplay whatsoever.

So again...what the hell are you talking about?

Kiddlovesnets
09-25-2013, 04:21 PM
Its a video game, relax and chill. The ratings are just about individual ratings anyway, does not reflect how good a team is, especially when team chemistry is more important determining how a team performs in regular season/playoffs in NBA2k anyway.

branslowski
09-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Damn Kobe only 93 this yr....dat decline.

Euroleague
09-25-2013, 04:53 PM
How the **** is Teodosic rated 73 ?

He was best player on CSKA and Weems who was their 4th best player is rated 82 :facepalm

I'm not sure these are the exact ratings. At the game's premiere the game's makers said Spanoulis was the highest rated Euroleague player, but not according to these ratings.

So something is off.

Anyway, if Weems really is rated higher it's the simple NBA bias. Weems played in the NBA, and even was a starter so according to NBA bias, "therefore, ergo, he must be the highest rated player".

The main thing I see ridiculous about the Euroleague players is their heights. They took 1 to 2 inches off the heights of like half the players. They also took off huge amount of weight.

I mean Begic 220 and Sofo 313? Like anyone would actually believe that. Just crazy.

Or Caner-Medly 104 pounds, or Darko Planinic 6-1.

Absolutely ridiculous and absurd, but probably something the NBA insisted they do to agree to the game.

LJJ
09-25-2013, 04:56 PM
V-Span and that 62 overall rating.

TheReal Kendall
09-25-2013, 05:06 PM
Only problem is Melo too low and Lebron isn't a 99.

Before y'all bash me I don't think any player deserve a 99 not even MJ.

I think Kobe should be in the high 80s also.

There's a lot of free agents that could help some contenders out.

hangintheair
09-25-2013, 05:14 PM
I noticed rookies didn't get some love from 2k this year.

also Tony Douglas 73 = Klay Thompson 73 :biggums:

Euroleague
09-25-2013, 05:24 PM
At least in the NBA 2K14 video game the NBA champs are not afraid to play the Euroleague champs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiwJaYLG14c

Dro
09-25-2013, 05:32 PM
I could care less about 2k's ratings...Thats why you go to a forum like operation sports where they make rosters that are MILES ahead of 2k's rosters....Those guys are really detailed when it comes to ratings AND tendencies, playbooks, coaching schemes, rotations, everything. You guys are sleeping if you've been playing 2k all these years with the default rosters. I haven't played with the default rosters OFFLINE in like 6 years...Those guys at operation sports have been making rosters for Xbox and PS for past 6-7 years. Now if you're playing online, of course you have to use the default rosters which is why the game is so garbage online...

TheReal Kendall
09-25-2013, 05:37 PM
At least in the NBA 2K14 video game the NBA champs are not afraid to play the Euroleague champs.

NBA >>>> Euroleague

hangintheair
09-25-2013, 06:20 PM

NBA >>>>> Euroleague

kennethgriffin
09-25-2013, 06:44 PM
Damn Kobe only 93 this yr....dat decline.

93 in his 18th nba season coming off torn achillies

prime healthy durant = 94

dat decline................ :lol

KG215
09-25-2013, 06:58 PM
I could care less about 2k's ratings...Thats why you go to a forum like operation sports where they make rosters that are MILES ahead of 2k's rosters....Those guys are really detailed when it comes to ratings AND tendencies, playbooks, coaching schemes, rotations, everything. You guys are sleeping if you've been playing 2k all these years with the default rosters. I haven't played with the default rosters OFFLINE in like 6 years...Those guys at operation sports have been making rosters for Xbox and PS for past 6-7 years. Now if you're playing online, of course you have to use the default rosters which is why the game is so garbage online...
Pretty much this. bedwardsroy and the people that collaborate with him make the best roster for PS3 in my opinion. Takes them a long ass time (usually don't come out with the first version until December or January) but it's worth the wait. I either just usually kill time with My Player, online matches, or even an Association with another roster with a lot of downloads and high rating from 2K Share.

But there are places to find really well done rosters that blow the 2K "out of the box" rosters out of the water. Of course I think some of the people that always get upset over 2K's ratings are people that primarily play online where you're stuck with whatever 2K gives them. But if you're primarily an offline Association mode player like me, I never worry or even care about 2K's ratings.

LosBulls
09-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Don't buy this trash ass game. I bought NBA 2K13 for the xbox on midnight release and nowadays I don't even touch it, I rather play the PC version which I got for FREE with my xbox controller.

So yeah, don't buy this trash and just torrent it. PC Version much better.

NattyPButter
09-25-2013, 08:16 PM
game isn't even worth the purchase this year. They should had patched 2K13 and fixed the problems instead of adding more animations on to 2K13 and fixing some of the problems and calling it NBA 2K14. I've been burned to many times with 2K and will wait until the game is $30 or maybe even get Live on next gen console.

Walker
09-25-2013, 08:45 PM
One thing most people totally neglect to understand is the individuals ratings are skewed in order to reflect the team ratings.
Players from Miami, SA, OKC and such will naturally have higher ratings than Toronto or Phoenix players so the league standings somewhat reflect real life in the different modes.

Jameerthefear
09-25-2013, 08:45 PM
game isn't even worth the purchase this year. They should had patched 2K13 and fixed the problems instead of adding more animations on to 2K13 and fixing some of the problems and calling it NBA 2K14. I've been burned to many times with 2K and will wait until the game is $30 or maybe even get Live on next gen console.
on black friday it's $27 so that's when i usually get it

Kblaze8855
09-25-2013, 09:16 PM

Create a few people on a 2k game and you will see you dont need to have all high ratings to be a 99. Its position specific. A 99 rated center would have 25 for 3, ball handling, and layups.

The biggest factor in ratings is offensive and defensive awareness.

If Lebron is an 85 in everything important for his position but 99 awareness he miight be a 95 or so at the end. Maybe more. Id do it to let you know but I dont care enough and neither do you.

Dro
09-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Create a few people on a 2k game and you will see you dont need to have all high ratings to be a 99. Its position specific. A 99 rated center would have 25 for 3, ball handling, and layups.

The biggest factor in ratings is offensive and defensive awareness.

If Lebron is an 85 in everything important for his position but 99 awareness he miight be a 95 or so at the end. Maybe more. Id do it to let you know but I dont care enough and neither do you.
This is true and you don't even have to create a player to see it. Just edit any players awareness ratings and you'll see the biggest jump in their ratings...

Dro
09-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Pretty much this. bedwardsroy and the people that collaborate with him make the best roster for PS3 in my opinion. Takes them a long ass time (usually don't come out with the first version until December or January) but it's worth the wait. I either just usually kill time with My Player, online matches, or even an Association with another roster with a lot of downloads and high rating from 2K Share.

But there are places to find really well done rosters that blow the 2K "out of the box" rosters out of the water. Of course I think some of the people that always get upset over 2K's ratings are people that primarily play online where you're stuck with whatever 2K gives them. But if you're primarily an offline Association mode player like me, I never worry or even care about 2K's ratings.
Yup, I know bedwardsroy has the best PS3 rosters....I'm an xbox user so I use VTCRB's or I go with the community rosters...I also dig the sim-world rosters....

wpdougie2180
09-26-2013, 12:10 AM
http://youtu.be/_0wPHZcCbO0

Ratings by me

LongLiveTheKing
09-26-2013, 12:25 AM
You know the game's bullshit when V-Span isn't the highest rated player. Definitely won't be buying this fake shit.

Kiddlovesnets
09-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Why is Deron only 88? Hes the 2nd best PG in the league.

dr.hee
09-26-2013, 09:48 AM

What if he had a 99 OVR with the exact same individual ratings...would that make you happy?

:facepalm

Shade8780
09-26-2013, 09:59 AM

This x10000

I'm on PS3 and luckily we have bedwardsroy19. His rosters are amazing, much better than 2K's. I usually wait until his roster to come out to start my Association since 2K's potential ratings are :facepalm and pretty much ruin your Association. Other than that, I'm using the 2K's rosters since I start My Player on the first day and you're forced to use them with Online and MyTEAM.

Uncle Drew
09-26-2013, 10:53 AM
lol

not even top 10

brandon jennings > deron

niko
09-26-2013, 12:03 PM
What if he had a 99 OVR with the exact same individual ratings...would that make you happy?

:facepalm
It's ok, he has to post that, he forgot to pretend he's a Net fan during the playoffs so he needs to get back in their graces. His initial post said WHY IS TONY PARKER SO LOW before he edited it.

CelticBaller
09-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Rondo 90 :applause:

Jeff Green is getting disrespect tho :no:

gabepizza
09-26-2013, 12:20 PM

Not have as scared as the Euroleague champs are to play the D-league champs.
It was reported that the NBA decided, before dignifying such a low level tournament with the honor of having the NBA champs participate that they would first send a D-league team. If the D-League team was not able to win the tournament after a few times than the NBA would send an NBA team.

Yet Euroleague and even Eurocup was so scared that they would lose to the D-League champions (which has a much higher chance of happening then them upseting an NBA champion) that they backed out of tournament and will only participate in tournaments without D-league teams.

dr.hee
09-26-2013, 12:28 PM
It's ok, he has to post that, he forgot to pretend he's a Net fan during the playoffs so he needs to get back in their graces. His initial post said WHY IS TONY PARKER SO LOW before he edited it.

:roll:

ralph_i_el
09-26-2013, 04:24 PM
Overall ratings don't matter. The formula to calculate them is flawed and based on the position label. That's why Dirk and bosh always have low ratings. It doesn't weight jumpshooting as highly for big men. 3 point shooting isn't weighted heavily enough at any position. Bigs always have lower ratings than perimeter players with the same impact because size isn't part of rating. PG's all have super high ratings yada yada

Putting the right players on the court together is much more important than just getting the most talented players (nobody told the pistons front office this year)

BuGzBuNNy
09-26-2013, 04:33 PM
I used to argue player ratings to death :oldlol: i'm such a nerd. Funny thing is that I think I was wrong...Hard to believe I was doing that 3 years ago.

https://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269386

ILLsmak
09-26-2013, 04:57 PM
the truth about 2k is they don't even update the ratings of certain players year to year. They just leave shit for like 30% of the players. That's ****ed up.

-Smak

tomtucker
09-27-2013, 07:18 AM
93 in his 18th nba season coming off torn achillies

prime healthy durant = 94

dat decline................ :lol

ratings are based on 2013 achievements, right ?

tomtucker
09-27-2013, 07:25 AM

lebrons a 96 at best

i agree, nobody should be 99..........but i guess they mean he is the best in the game, not in "real" life, is that not how these ratings work ? they take one player at 99 and go down from there ? is there a 99 rated player nhl 14 or mlb 14 ?

fiddy
09-27-2013, 07:33 AM
the truth about 2k is they don't even update the ratings of certain players year to year. They just leave shit for like 30% of the players. That's ****ed up.

-Smak
Hopefully some modders can fix that up.