PDA

View Full Version : Old school hoops heads, help me track down Bob Pettit stock?

CavaliersFTW
09-28-2013, 05:08 PM
I'm pretty sure I've got 90% of what exists out there of Bob Pettit already but I could be completely wrong, if you guys know of some clips buried in some old documentaries, or some must-see sources that have a treasure trove of Pettit footage that you want to be sure I haven't missed post them here, I'm gathering for a Bob Pettit mix.

senelcoolidge
09-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Youtube of course. Other than that it's going to be really hard to find anything new. I have an old VHS tape from the 80's. It has clips of greats like Pettit, Cousy, Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Oscar, Dr. J, Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Rick Barry, and Walt Frazier. But those clips are clips that are common. It had good music too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDEoRCDKJtk#t=546
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4FzfjDUT1Q

Pettit was awesome.

WillC
09-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Dan, have you got all the Bob Pettit footage from the 'Greatest Sports Legends' DVDs?

CavaliersFTW
09-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Dan, have you got all the Bob Pettit footage from the 'Greatest Sports Legends' DVDs?
probably not - if there is a greatest sports legends on Pettit I def don't have it, do you know of a link is it online somewhere?

CavaliersFTW
09-28-2013, 06:35 PM
says its currently unavailable from amazon :(

**EDIT** just found another set for sale, ordered it up, so I will have it soon thanks for the tip off :cheers:

ProfessorMurder
09-28-2013, 07:31 PM

**EDIT** just found another set for sale, ordered it up, so I will have it soon thanks for the tip off :cheers:

What are you talking about man? You can get the Greatest Sports Legend 3 pack for 5-10 bucks on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Sports-Legends-Basketball/dp/B00024JBLI/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1380411060&sr=1-1&keywords=Great+Sports+Legends+Basketball

I bought that set for like 7 bucks 4 or 5 years ago.

Bandito
09-28-2013, 09:00 PM
OMG for some reason I thought it said sock and was like Dafvck!? What does he wants that sock for?:roll:

JimmyMcAdocious
09-28-2013, 09:20 PM
OMG for some reason I thought it said sock and was like Dafvck!? What does he wants that sock for?:roll:

Does anyone know where I can purchase used socks?

CavaliersFTW
09-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Does anyone know where I can purchase used socks?
thrift shop!

WillC
09-29-2013, 03:22 AM

I'm surprised you didn't already own it - I think you'll love it, although no doubt you've got a lot of the footage already. I must have watched all three DVDs about 10 times each.

duskovujosevic
09-29-2013, 03:26 AM
this is nice. i cant wait to see

WillC
09-29-2013, 04:01 AM
If you want any quotes about Bob Pettit (written, not audio, unfortunately), let me know. I have a bank of good ones.

CavaliersFTW
11-04-2013, 10:33 PM
If you want any quotes about Bob Pettit (written, not audio, unfortunately), let me know. I have a bank of good ones.
I'd like to see them just for the sake of seeing them if you can get around to posting them! :cheers:

BTW, anybody want to see a preview/update of the Pettit project progress or should I just wait until it's totally finished to show anything more?

jongib369
11-04-2013, 11:08 PM
I'd like to see them just for the sake of seeing them if you can get around to posting them! :cheers:

BTW, anybody want to see a preview/update of the Pettit project progress or should I just wait until it's totally finished to show anything more?
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

fpliii
11-04-2013, 11:11 PM

I'd love to see it, I've seen very little of him (still haven't read his bio either, I'm slacking...).

CavaliersFTW
11-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Okay - not all clips have been color/brightness/aspect-ratio corrected and it's only a fragment of the project. I always upload (unlisted of course) stretches of clips and pieces to get a feel for the flow while I'm working on the project. This is the latest iteration of the middle section of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQHu7kj51LE

fpliii
11-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Okay - not all clips have been color/brightness/aspect-ratio corrected and it's only a fragment of the project. I always upload (unlisted of course) stretches of clips and pieces to get a feel for the flow while I'm working on the project. This is the latest iteration of the middle section of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQHu7kj51LE

Tremendous, thanks!

:bowdown:

I love that 8-10 points a night from putbacks quote. Some other notes:

CavaliersFTW
11-04-2013, 11:31 PM
Tremendous, thanks!

:bowdown:

I love that 8-10 points a night from putbacks quote. Some other notes:

• very smart after the rebound, kept the ball high and not once put it on the ground; was very quick to pass it to the lead man to start the break

• looks extremely proficient at putting english on the ball

• great from further out than one would think, it looks like he had great range (when you have a chance, maybe you should make 2 lists: (1) guys you've seen who're great in deep two range, (2) guys with true three point–or further out- range)

Incredible that you were able to find this much footage, and this is only a fragment? Great stuff. Thanks again.
Yeah there's a couple more minutes of footage I'm still organizing such as a section on passing, his NBA Finals run and 50pt finals performance, and his dominant ASG performances, I'm also playing around with the idea of putting in 2 interviews to curtail the footage that cover some keypoints about his career/abilities that the limited footage cannot.

Lebron23
08-30-2014, 03:47 AM
He's like a winning version of Kevin Love. I think he's the 2nd greatest PF of all time after Tim Duncan.