PDA

View Full Version : LeBron: "I want to be the GREATEST of All-Time"

PleezeBelieve
09-30-2013, 01:09 PM
"I feel I have the potential to maximize my time playing basketball... and I'm far away from it but I see the light"

HurricaneKid
09-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Is he supposed to say "I have no desire to be one of the better players ever?".

Of course he said that. It doesn't mean its going to happen...

PleezeBelieve
09-30-2013, 01:13 PM
Is he supposed to say "I have no desire to be one of the better players ever?".

Of course he said that. It doesn't mean its going to happen...
"I see the light"

What the fukk does that comment mean to you?

CavaliersFTW
09-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Cool. If I interviewed every kid on the playground by my house they'd all say the same thing too. Doesn't mean it's going to happen. It's too late for Lebron to be the "GOAT". He can't win 11 titles like Russell did, and he can't shatter all sorts of records and put them ridiculously out of reach like Wilt did. All he can do is cement himself as an all-time great, and that's nothing to be ashamed of. But the ship has already sailed for becoming 'the' GOAT if there were such a thing, because other players have done far more remarkable things than he has.

sportjames23
09-30-2013, 02:33 PM
People in hell want ice water, as the saying goes.

09-30-2013, 02:54 PM
There just isn't a wow factor to his game...you don't go like...no one else can do that shit but him. No amazement factor. So I don't think he can ever trump Jordan.

BUT....

As far as stats, he is already in the conversation.
As far as impact and dominance, it's perhaps only between him and Shaq.
And as far as accomplishments, he"ll definitely be in the conversation.

3 or 4 years from now...he"ll have a great case. But....Jordan was just more amazing.

andgar923
09-30-2013, 02:56 PM
I'm glad that he's finally stepping up to the challenge.

Great!!!

I loved this about Kobe. Kobe gets shitted on for trying to tug at Superman's cape, but I always defended him for even trying. I'm glad Bronw wants to be the best, that's what all players should aspire too.

09-30-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm glad that he's finally stepping up to the challenge.

Great!!!

I loved this about Kobe. Kobe gets shitted on for trying to tug at Superman's cape, but I always defended him for even trying. I'm glad Bronw wants to be the best, that's what all players should aspire too.

The difference is that LeBron is already one of the greatest players of all time. Hard to hate him when he is that good. Kobe was a 17 year old kid coming out of HS when he was saying he wants to be the greatest ever. Big difference.

Sarcastic
09-30-2013, 03:05 PM
With another finals MVP, regular season MVP, All-NBA and All-Defense under his belt, he would definitely have a case. People were already calling Jordan the GOAT after his 1st 3-peat.. after that it was just icing on the cake with a stacked squad and weaker league.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/not_having_it.gif

lilgodfather1
09-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Statistically we know he will get to the levels needed, baring injuries of course.

That said I fully believe he needs 5 titles, and 4 in a row to truly be in the conversation. In order for him to be GOAT I don't think just matching Jordan in title count is enough, he needs to do something more rare than a three peat in my opinion. 6 titles would put him in the conversation for sure, but a 4 peat certainly would be a lot better.

tmacattack33
09-30-2013, 03:10 PM
There just isn't a wow factor to his game...you don't go like...no one else can do that shit but him. No amazement factor. So I don't think he can ever trump Jordan.

BUT....

As far as stats, he is already in the conversation.
As far as impact and dominance, it's perhaps only between him and Shaq.
And as far as accomplishments, he"ll definitely be in the conversation.

3 or 4 years from now...he"ll have a great case. But....Jordan was just more amazing.

There certainly is. No other NBA player at 6'9 and 250 lbs has ever moved around the court like he has.

And I'm not sure any human has either. If there is one, show me.

09-30-2013, 03:11 PM
There certainly is. No other player at 6'9 and 250 lbs has ever moved around the court like he has.

And I'm not sure any human has either. If there is one, show me.

You realize that when you only bold one part of the sentance and leave out the rest, you actually put the quote in the context? And a wrong one at that.

Doranku
09-30-2013, 03:15 PM
That's great and all, but Jordan has simply set the standard too high.

Jordan never lost a playoff series with HCA... LeBron three-peated. :oldlol:

Dragonyeuw
09-30-2013, 03:34 PM
after that it was just icing on the cake with a stacked squad and weaker league.

Yes, we're clearly in an incredibly tough era of Basketball right now......

Most of the great stars of the late 90's/ 2000's are old.

There's not one truly great center playing today, even when Dwight was healthy.

Jordan's competition featured players who are on everyone's top 20 list. Magic, Bird, a young but still dominant Shaq, Barkley, Malone, Hakeem, Robinson, etc etc....

Lebron's primary competition features one player who is arguably a top 50 player ( Durant), a point guard who hasn't played in two years (Rose) and a chuck-you-into-or-out-of-a-game gunner in Melo, and he joined the * at the time* second best player in his own conference to get over the hump (Wade). Of course Wade has fallen off the past year or so, but he was in his prime when Lebron joined him, thereby eliminating him as a competitor.

Truly stellar stuff there....

DuMa
09-30-2013, 03:38 PM
good news: hes not satisfied.
bad news: well its bad news for the rest of the league

avonbarksdale
09-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Cool. If I interviewed every kid on the playground by my house they'd all say the same thing too. Doesn't mean it's going to happen. It's too late for Lebron to be the "GOAT". He can't win 11 titles like Russell did, and he can't shatter all sorts of records and put them ridiculously out of reach like Wilt did. All he can do is cement himself as an all-time great, and that's nothing to be ashamed of. But the ship has already sailed for becoming 'the' GOAT if there were such a thing, because other players have done far more remarkable things than he has.

lebron easily > wilt

nathanjizzle
09-30-2013, 04:04 PM
http://media.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/photo/-lebron-james-kobe-bryant-e33757f2ed9832de_large.jpg

jlip
09-30-2013, 04:26 PM
"I feel I have the potential to maximize my time playing basketball... and I'm far away from it but I see the light"

Maybe I'm being a little slow here, but I am not interpreting any GOAT aspirations from this. I'm getting maybe some variation of "I want to be the best I can be." from this. That's all.

pauk
09-30-2013, 04:44 PM
Me too....

bagelred
09-30-2013, 04:46 PM
One Ray Allen missed jumper away from all this GOAT talk nonsense.

Budadiiii
09-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Maybe if he had the discipline/sense of urgency that Jordan had then he would have a legit shot. Guy is on an incredibly stacked team in a weak ass league, is clearly the best player in the league, in his prime, and yet still can't seem to find a way to win on his own terms, instead of relying on random luck.

Jordan made sure to NEVER let a team even sniff the ship in the finals. LeBron lacks whatever discipline that it.

LeBron is also known to talk shit before the fact. Everyone knows this type of person. And we all know the phrase "Easier said than done" and "You can talk the talk, but you can't walk the walk" - yes, LeBron embodies these phrases.

Isn't this the same clown who at a welcoming event in Miami with his two super star teammates that he shamelessly teamed up with on national TV while back stabbing his hometown and once again going against his word. "I won't stop until I bring a ship to Cleveland" or something along those lines..... and told told the fans of Miami how easy it was going to be and how they ain't stopping till they get x amount of rings. Beginning to see a pattern with this guy? Loves to impress people in the moment with his words, but doesn't have the mental fortitude to actually do it.

"But what is he supposed to say??"

Maybe something along the lines of... "I just want to be the best I possibly can be and for this team to be the best it possibly can be... we gotta go to work every single day to accomplish our goals"

But instead we get a childish remark that reminds you why a guy like this could never surpass a guy like Jordan. Thanks for the laugh though Bron.

branslowski
09-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Sorry, but if LeBron wins another titles and Finals Mvp, along with First Team All NBA and First Team All Defensive, then he moves to top 5 for me. Wins 2 more after that? GOAT player. It's a fact. And f*ck wat ne Jordan fan has to say.

Bandito
09-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Maybe if he had the discipline/sense of urgency that Jordan had then he would have a legit shot. Guy is on an incredibly stacked team in a weak ass league, is clearly the best player in the league, in his prime, and yet still can't seem to find a way to win on his own terms, instead of relying on random luck.

Jordan made sure to NEVER let a team even sniff the ship in the finals. LeBron lacks whatever discipline that it.

LeBron is also known to talk shit before the fact. Everyone knows this type of person. And we all know the phrase "Easier said than done" and "You can talk the talk, but you can't walk the walk" - yes, LeBron embodies these phrases.

Isn't this the same clown who at a welcoming event in Miami with his two super star teammates that he shamelessly teamed up with on national TV while back stabbing his hometown and once again going against his word. "I won't stop until I bring a ship to Cleveland" or something along those lines..... and told told the fans of Miami how easy it was going to be and how they ain't stopping till they get x amount of rings. Beginning to see a pattern with this guy? Loves to impress people in the moment with his words, but doesn't have the mental fortitude to actually do it.

Maybe something along the lines of... "I just want to be the best I possibly can be and for this team to be the best it possibly can be... we gotta go to work every single day to accomplish our goals"

But instead we get a childish remark that reminds you why a guy like this could never surpass a guy like Jordan. Thanks for the laugh though Bron.:applause:

Sometimes I love you with posts like these...

PickernRoller
09-30-2013, 05:33 PM
Lebron is as delusional as his tards in this forum. Not an inch of a surprise here....

Hoopz2332
09-30-2013, 05:43 PM
LBJ coming for that crown and still has alot of time to rack up the accolades. He's already better than Kobe w/o question. If gets a title and finals mvp this year he surpasses Bird IMO.

http://i.imgur.com/7BWmRtX.png

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/994767_541026142599449_1769059811_n.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Bmqj9vq.jpg

Still has along way to go before equaling MJ though

CavaliersFTW
09-30-2013, 05:48 PM
LBJ coming for that crown and still has alot of time to rack up the accolades. He's already better than Kobe w/o question. If gets a title and finals mvp this year he surpasses Bird IMO.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/994767_541026142599449_1769059811_n.jpg

* And it only took Lebron 2 extra seasons (almost 3 accounting for MJ's injury season) to get it those things :oldlol: Someone should make a "10th season" chart like that :roll:

Hoopz2332
09-30-2013, 05:58 PM
* And it only took Lebron 2 extra seasons (almost 3 accounting for MJ's injury season) to get it those things :oldlol: Someone should make a "10th season" chart like that :roll:

I didn't say he was better than Jordan. What that images shows is that lebron has alot of accolades already @ the young age of 28 which means he has alot of time to catch up to Mike. lebron could rack up atleast 2-3 more reg season MVp's, 2-3 more title and 2-3 more Finals MVP's.

HurricaneKid
09-30-2013, 06:03 PM

But instead we get a childish remark that reminds you why a guy like this could never surpass a guy like Jordan. Thanks for the laugh though Bron.

Incredibly stacked team? That for 3 straight years has been outscored without him on the floor...?? MJ leaves the Bulls and they were a few plays away from likely playing in the Finals.

The gap between LeBron and the rest of the league is just as big as it was for MJ, if not bigger. Mike just played on a better team with league rules designed to halt defenses from defending him the way teams defend LeBron now.

And if the Heat win the title this year they will be the first team since the Russell Celtics to go to the Finals 4 straight years and win 3 times.

He said it would be easy to play with Wade, not to win Championships.

You are holding things against him from 4 years ago that are factually incorrect and laughable in their pettiness.

Just2McFly
09-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Yes, we're clearly in an incredibly tough era of Basketball right now......

Most of the great stars of the late 90's/ 2000's are old.

There's not one truly great center playing today, even when Dwight was healthy.

Jordan's competition featured players who are on everyone's top 20 list. Magic, Bird, a young but still dominant Shaq, Barkley, Malone, Hakeem, Robinson, etc etc....

Lebron's primary competition features one player who is arguably a top 50 player ( Durant), a point guard who hasn't played in two years (Rose) and a chuck-you-into-or-out-of-a-game gunner in Melo, and he joined the * at the time* second best player in his own conference to get over the hump (Wade). Of course Wade has fallen off the past year or so, but he was in his prime when Lebron joined him, thereby eliminating him as a competitor.

Truly stellar stuff there....

None of those even play Jordan's position:oldlol:

While this era isn't strong in the center department, this is the deepest perimeter era the league has ever seen and those people that Lebron goes up against personally every night.

longtime lurker
09-30-2013, 06:10 PM
That ship has already sailed....

secund2nun
09-30-2013, 06:11 PM
As he wins more rings and MVPs he will gain more and more support and fans.

Asukal
09-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Incredibly stacked team? That for 3 straight years has been outscored without him on the floor...?? MJ leaves the Bulls and they were a few plays away from likely playing in the Finals.

The gap between LeBron and the rest of the league is just as big as it was for MJ, if not bigger. Mike just played on a better team with league rules designed to halt defenses from defending him the way teams defend LeBron now.

And if the Heat win the title this year they will be the first team since the Russell Celtics to go to the Finals 4 straight years and win 3 times.

You are holding things against him from 4 years ago that are factually incorrect and laughable in their pettiness.

What league rules? Care to explain? I don't remember teams letting Jordan take wide open jump shots in the finals. :rolleyes:

bond10
09-30-2013, 07:33 PM

While this era isn't strong in the center department, this is the deepest perimeter era the league has ever seen and those people that Lebron goes up against personally every night.

Strong centers >>>>>> strong perimeter players anyday, especially with pre-2006 rules.

lakerspng
09-30-2013, 07:38 PM
Good for him. He shouldn't want anything else. Best of luck, I hope the Lakers crush your dreams if the opportunity arises.

TheReturn
09-30-2013, 07:38 PM
I don't see how anyone could be mad at this statement.

kobeef24
09-30-2013, 07:40 PM
I don't get the hate. These are the things he should be saying. And to those saying it's too late, it's not. I love to hate the guy as much as any of you but I'm not dumb enough to say he doesn't have a chance.

G-train
09-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Lebron will have a case for being the best player ever given his current resume and results plus making educated and conservative estimations going forward, and if you can't see that you need to start learning about basketball for yourself.

Flash31
09-30-2013, 07:42 PM
lebron easily > wilt

No No No
young people these days DKSABB

When LeBrons career is all said and done
it could be argued hes better than Wilt
Even then it wouldnt be clear and he still wouldnt be seen as better than Wilt by others

Jordan,Wilt,Russell,Kareem will always no matter what be seen as GOAT

Unless somebody is breaking records like Wilt,Winning like Russell,dominating for a long time like Kareem or having the whole world,media,nba hyping them up and behind them like Jordan
Its not happening

All four of those have a case for GOAT
none unaninomously and All could be argued against each other for Goat with no problem

As of this moment no star so far has come close besides Magic and Bird to even come close to being Goat over those 4

LeBron as of this moment is nowhere near any of those 4,and when his career is all said and done he may be in the conversation for goat like those 4 or he may be in the conversation like Magic,Bird but he wont take any of them out of Goat talk

Wilt is num 1 in Rbs,quickest to 30,000 pts Has more records than everybody else put together,tied with MJ for highest scoring avg
BR has 11 rings,11 in 13
Kareem has 6 rings,6 mvps,38,000 pts 20 yr career of 20,10
MJ has 6 rings,6 Finals MVPs 30,000+ pts Tied with Wilt for highest scoring avg

bond10
09-30-2013, 07:44 PM

Firstly, the Bulls lost in the 2nd round, aka what the Knicks did this year.

Secondly, you have no idea the defenses Jordan came across:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WpkXlrJxtw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLv2F33snCE

Now compare that to the finals where Lebron was allowed to shoot open jumpers.

Another note on defense today vs back then: These 3 second rules and lack of hand checking allows guys like Rose, Westbrook, and even Steve Nash get to the basket. Lebron's a 6'9 250lb athletic freak, the rules favor him more than the rules favored Jordan (Hence, why MJ developed his shot much more after getting destroyed by the Pistons).

Also, Lebron's team is stacked and there are other solid teams but most are have injured key players (Rose, Westbrook) or old as fck (Celtics, Spurs, Lakers) so 20 years from now you won't hear much of "Lebron vs the mighty Roy Hibbert and the Pacers !"

Twiens
09-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Funny how noone cares, this thread would be 100 pages deep already if Kobe said it :oldlol:

Derka
09-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Well then, go get it.

Flash31
09-30-2013, 07:52 PM

Still has along way to go before equaling MJ though

Should do
Wilt,Russell,Bird,Magic,Shaq,Kareem

10 yr career spans

Line them all up

Some things will stick out

Russell would kill Jordan in rings
Wilt would own all the stats besides asts and steals

Itll be interesting to see all the other greats how they stacked up in 10 seasons

and well That Jordan,Kobe,LeBron chart should be put to 10 yrs

Jordan had 4 rings,Kobe had 3

Its misleading to compare it like that
Lebrons not done yet,Kobes still going,Mjs career is done
Should put it at 10yrs

Jordan after 10yrs,Kobe,LeBron
each after 10 not by age considering Kobe,LeBron started earlier,Kobe played longer
make it even

Dragonyeuw
09-30-2013, 08:11 PM

So what? How many truly great small forwards are playing right now? I mean really great....Durant? That's one. Melo? Talented scorer, career loser. Pierce? Past his prime.

And the perimeter game was much deeper in the early to mid 2000s. Kobe, Tmac, Vince, Iverson, Wade.

Haymaker
09-30-2013, 08:13 PM
With another finals MVP, regular season MVP, All-NBA and All-Defense under his belt, he would definitely have a case. People were already calling Jordan the GOAT after his 1st 3-peat.. after that it was just icing on the cake with a stacked squad and weaker league.

MJ didn't had Wade, Bosh and the greatest 3pt shooter of all time with him. Plus beating Prime Barkley/Drexler and Magic > beating inexperienced Durant/Westbrook and ancient Duncan.

#number6ix#
09-30-2013, 08:21 PM
this is the correct state of mind to be in... Never settle...

I dont understand how or why this statement has people upset... I guess in some people eyes Lebron cant do anything right

Legends66NBA7
09-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Once again, this is the second year in a row this has gotten this much attention. James has been stating this since 2009:

http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/lebron_dime47_2.jpg

LOL at Magic being prime in 1991 and Duncan (all-nba 1st team) being ancient. Right.

You're going to "LOL" by saying Magic isn't in his prime in 91 and then quote how Duncan was on an All-NBA 1st team ?

Magic was also All-NBA first team in 91 and was 2nd in MVP voting. Clearly in his prime.

09-30-2013, 08:25 PM
MJ didn't had Wade, Bosh and the greatest 3pt shooter of all time with him. Plus beating Prime Barkley/Drexler and Magic > beating inexperienced Durant/Westbrook and ancient Duncan.

I will stop you right there because your post is the classic example of stupid. Newbie argument. And I'm on the same side of the argument as you as I also think LeBron won't be as good as MJ.

BUT....Jordan had a MUCH better team than LeBron. Jordan's team win 55 games without him and was great in the playoffs.
Whereas, Wade is out of his prime and that best three point shooter in the history...is also way out of his prime and he's not nearly as impactful as a shooter than someone like Stephen Curry for example. Ray isn't close to Steph at this point of their career. Just the fact that Ray is the age he is makes him less of a shooting threat than many players currently in the league...and the fact that he is perhaps the best shooter ever...has little with LeBron now because Ray isn't close to what he was before.

You're being way too selective.

Why would you write something so stupid that is so easy to debunk?

Legends66NBA7
09-30-2013, 08:25 PM
this is the correct state of mind to be in... Never settle...

I dont understand how or why this statement has people upset... I guess in some people eyes Lebron cant do anything right

I don't really care if he stated it or not. I just don't know why it's such big news since he's been stating it for a while now, before he even won titles.

Dragonyeuw
09-30-2013, 08:26 PM

I love the 'Bulls nearly won the 94 title' argument. Lets assume that bad call against the Knicks doesn't happen, there's no guarantee they beat the Pacers, and I seriously doubt they beat the Rockets. That 94 Bulls team was extra motivated to show they could be competitive without Jordan, and pretty much overachieved that year.

Jordan was the unquestioned best player in a 90's league that featured guys like Barkley, Malone, Ewing, Admiral, Hakeem, Stockton, Drexler, in their primes. He was pretty much considered the best individual player in the late 80s when Magic and Bird were still going strong. No-one in the league now facing Lebron save for Durant( and he has a long to go) is on those guys level, and I'm saying that within the context that guys like Kobe,Duncan, Dirk, Garnett etc are past their peak.

HoopsFanNumero1
09-30-2013, 08:31 PM
I will stop you right there because your post is the classic example of stupid. Newbie argument. And I'm on the same side of the argument as you as I also think LeBron won't be as good as MJ.

BUT....Jordan had a MUCH better team than LeBron. Jordan's team win 55 games without him and was great in the playoffs.
Whereas, Wade is out of his prime and that best three point shooter in the history...is also way out of his prime and he's not nearly as impactful as a shooter than someone like Stephen Curry for example. Ray isn't close to Steph at this point of their career. Just the fact that Ray is the age he is makes him less of a shooting threat than many players currently in the league...and the fact that he is perhaps the best shooter ever...has little with LeBron now because Ray isn't close to what he was before.

You're being way too selective.

Why would you write something so stupid that is so easy to debunk?

Because his favorite team had perhaps the biggest choke job of all time, so he's trying to make excuses for it.

09-30-2013, 08:33 PM
I love the 'Bulls nearly won the 94 title' argument. Lets assume that bad call against the Knicks doesn't happen, there's no guarantee they beat the Pacers, and I seriously doubt they beat the Rockets.

Jordan was the unquestioned best player in a 90's league that featured guys like Barkley, Malone, Ewing, Admiral, Hakeem, Stockton, Drexler, in their primes. He was pretty much considered the best individual player in the late 80s when Magic and Bird were still going strong. No-one in the league now facing Lebron save for Durant( and he has a long to go) is on those guys level, and I'm saying that within the context that guys like Kobe,Duncan, Dirk, Garnett etc are past their peak.

That is somewhat true but **** it, is it LeBron's fault? It is true that the biggest threat to the Heat until the finals was a team that had Paul George as it's best player. Rose didn't play and neither did Westbrook which really prevented Durant from even getting a shot. Kobe also got injured which prevented the Lakers from doing anything and if they started rolling in the playoffs, you never know. And the Spurs as old as Duncan is....had the series in a bag. It's all true...but it is what it is. LeBron was amazing, won the ring. Played no worse than MJ or anyone else ever. He deserved it, sure, circumstances worked in his favor but it shouldn't take anything away from him.

Lebron23
09-30-2013, 11:47 PM
That confidence and swagger.

ballinhun8
10-01-2013, 12:15 AM
Legends66NBA7, I'm LOLing moreso about Duncan being "ancient" than Magic (who retired that very off-season) being in his prime. Care to find where in my quote I said Magic isn't in his prime in 91? Come correct next time and don't misquote me.

You said "LOL at Magic in his prime in 91".

Dumbass little wigga. All you newbie's on the board should just STFU for your idiotic statements.

Just2McFly
10-01-2013, 12:39 AM
So what? How many truly great small forwards are playing right now? I mean really great....Durant? That's one. Melo? Talented scorer, career loser. Pierce? Past his prime.

And the perimeter game was much deeper in the early to mid 2000s. Kobe, Tmac, Vince, Iverson, Wade.

Lebron has gone up against those people too:facepalm

Legends66NBA7
10-01-2013, 03:07 AM
Legends66NBA7, I'm LOLing moreso about Duncan being "ancient" than Magic (who retired that very off-season) being in his prime. Care to find where in my quote I said Magic isn't in his prime in 91? Come correct next time and don't misquote me.

The "LOL" part suggested you were saying Magic wasn't in his prime.

And Magic retired because of his HIV condition.

Mr. Jabbar
10-01-2013, 03:21 AM
thats cool lebron, i wanted to be an astronaut as a child

All Net
10-01-2013, 03:26 AM
Good to hear really. He should be targetting to be the best..it's why these guys play the game.

Cali Syndicate
10-01-2013, 03:57 AM
Scottie Pippen >>> Dwyane Wade
Dennis Rodman > Chris Bosh

Steve Kerr is the greatest 3point shooter of all-time.

LOL at Magic being prime in 1991 and Duncan (all-nba 1st team) being ancient. Right.

You don't think magic was still in his prime in 91? He easily had 2-3 good years had he not been obligated to retire. He was

And yes Duncan is ancient. He's played basically just as many seasons as Kobe except he started at age 21. His first team has some to do with the fact he's one of the best of all time as well as the leagues lack of quality bigs.

Kerr is not the greatest three point shooter of all time. Ray Allen is. Kerr has better percentages but ray put up his his percentages as the number one option on his team while Kerr was a role player.

Nor is pippen better than wade let alone ">>>" better.

Wade was easily a top 5 player before Lebron came to the heat. Was a top 5 player in 2011 as well. Would've added another fmvp to his shelf had Lebron not been such a mental midget. Yes lebron's grown some balls since then and has been playing to his true potential, which is all time elite ball, but don't downgrade wade like that just to prop up your boy.

Smoke117
10-01-2013, 04:51 AM
Dunno why people are laughing? This would actually be funny if Derrick Rose came out of his social coma and said I wanted to be the best of all time. Lebron James is EASILY the BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE...lahalahalhalah. That notion is clean. I say Cleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean. Too tired to give a **** beyond this, mi perrAz

ripthekik
10-01-2013, 06:25 AM
and then he goes and joins a super team, and have one of the greatest shooters in nba history bail him out :roll: :roll: :roll:

"I want to be the greatest"

:oldlol: :lol

Greg Oden 50
10-01-2013, 08:32 AM
impossible ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
he will never as gd as jordan:banana:

Trollsmasher
10-01-2013, 08:34 AM
If Magic was in his prime in 91, so was Duncan last season. Also, that Lakers team wasn't the Showtime Lakers of the 80s. No Kareem and a hobbled Worthy in a weak league and a weaker conference = end of showtime as we knew it. Remember, in the end it is a team game afterall.

Ray Allen is past his prime and no longer is a starter in this league (see the Boston disaster). To say he(LeBron) has the greatest 3point shooter to bail him out would be just as ridiculous as me saying Kerr (the greatest statistical shooter) bailed out MJ (which he did) and he should get an asterisk for it.

Pippen is the better all-around player and impacts the game far greater. Replace any championship Bulls team Pippen with Wade and the Bulls win a fraction of their chips.

Irrelevant. Unless you're suggesting LeBron's presence has something to do with Wade's fall.. Well... are you?
ether:applause:

Greg Oden 50
10-01-2013, 08:35 AM

until he wins 10 scoring champs,dpoy & 6 rings,6 fmvp :banana:

plowking
10-01-2013, 08:58 AM

Why act as if this is some must have stipulation for GOAT?

Lebron never lost in the first round. Jordan three peated.

Its so bizarre and subjective that people think a certain trait has some factor on bearing who the greatest of all time is, while leaving out all the rest of it in context.

OmniStrife
10-01-2013, 09:04 AM
To be the GOAT he doesn't have to reach MJs accolades... He has to SURPASS them.

And that is nearly impossible.
He has to do something unprecedented, like a 4-peat maybe?

kshutts1
10-01-2013, 09:08 AM
That confidence and swagger.

I'm honestly surprised that no one has yet brought out his complete lack of confidence and conviction when delivering that statement.

I just saw the clip on ESPN for the first time and his downcast eyes are basically pleading with the room.. "I really hope this is what you want to hear". If he had any sort of confidence or conviction about his words about wanting to be the greatest, he would likely stare directly at the audience.

Empty words. Lebron doing what he thinks he should do, rather than what he wants to do.

madmax
10-01-2013, 09:11 AM
To be the GOAT he doesn't have to reach MJs accolades... He has to SURPASS them.

And that is nearly impossible.
He has to do something unprecedented, like a 4-peat maybe?

well, you think that's an unreachable goal for the most talented player of all time?:confusedshrug: All he and his team need is just a quality center to protect the paint and rebound and Heat are set for good to dominate the league for years to come:pimp:

Nash
10-01-2013, 09:41 AM
and then he goes and joins a super team, and have one of the greatest shooters in nba history bail him out :roll: :roll: :roll:

"I want to be the greatest"

:oldlol: :lol
You went from ringless jokes to........ super team?

Damn, how the mighty have fallen.

Dragonyeuw
10-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Lebron has gone up against those people too:facepalm

My quote:
"And the perimeter game was much deeper in the early to mid 2000s. Kobe, Tmac, Vince, Iverson, Wade."

The point is that at this time, none of those guys are at their peaks ( hell Iverson ain't even in the league now, and Tmac just retired), and when Lebron did face off against them 5-7 years ago he wasn't considered the undisputed best player like he is now.

Answer this: Put prime Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Garnett, etc in the same league as current Lebron. Is he considered the undisputed best? Nope. Because that would be the equal of what prime Jordan faced in the 90's, all-time great players at the apex of their careers.

Dragonyeuw
10-01-2013, 09:49 AM
That is somewhat true but **** it, is it LeBron's fault? It is true that the biggest threat to the Heat until the finals was a team that had Paul George as it's best player. Rose didn't play and neither did Westbrook which really prevented Durant from even getting a shot. Kobe also got injured which prevented the Lakers from doing anything and if they started rolling in the playoffs, you never know. And the Spurs as old as Duncan is....had the series in a bag. It's all true...but it is what it is. LeBron was amazing, won the ring. Played no worse than MJ or anyone else ever. He deserved it, sure, circumstances worked in his favor but it shouldn't take anything away from him.

I didn't say it was his fault, but it can't be ignored or eliminated from the argument because it's an inconvenient truth.

sportjames23
10-01-2013, 10:20 AM

Its so bizarre and subjective that people think a certain trait has some factor on bearing who the greatest of all time is, while leaving out all the rest of it in context.

MJ was just better, period. That's all there is to it.

Undefeated in the Finals. Never shit the bed on the grandest stage in basketball. Never let some scrubs call him a bitch to his face. Never had to be bailed out.

And I'm not even getting into all the individual and team awards he still has over Lebron.

sportjames23
10-01-2013, 10:24 AM
My quote:
"And the perimeter game was much deeper in the early to mid 2000s. Kobe, Tmac, Vince, Iverson, Wade."

The point is that at this time, none of those guys are at their peaks ( hell Iverson ain't even in the league now, and Tmac just retired), and when Lebron did face off against them 5-7 years ago he wasn't considered the undisputed best player like he is now.

Answer this: Put prime Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Garnett, etc in the same league as current Lebron. Is he considered the undisputed best? Nope. Because that would be the equal of what prime Jordan faced in the 90's, all-time great players at the apex of their careers.

BAM! Right there!

Hell, they're still comparing a past his prime Kobe to Lebron today. What do people think the comparison would be if Kobe was in his prime today? Like you said, if this was the early 2000's, no one would be even entertaining the thought of Lebron being the undisputed best in the game.

robert de niro
10-01-2013, 10:28 AM
I also wanted to be the GREATEST of All-Time once

julizaver
10-01-2013, 11:18 AM

And there is a reason why, jordan in 1993 was at his peak form, and in the finals he was ... just check the videos, or stats.

SilkkTheShocker
10-01-2013, 11:22 AM

Yea, I doubt he wants to be known as a gigantic loser like Wilt still is to this day.

SilkkTheShocker
10-01-2013, 11:25 AM

Wade- 15ppg in the 2013 Playoffs
Bosh- 12ppg in the 2013 playoffs

Durant and Westbrook were playing in the 2011 WCF the year before the Finals.

Duncan is still arguably a top 10 player.

Any other garbage you want to spew, son?

EllEffEll
10-01-2013, 11:32 AM
I liked his "mind-frame" gaffe where he melded 'mindset' and 'frame of mind' :oldlol:

Hell, I'd probably do things like that too if I had to speak candidly like that as often as he does. It's still amusing when you hear things like that.

As for his aspirations to be the best ever, that's as it should be. I don't think for one second that that hasn't always been his aspiration and he's felt that he's capable of doing it. What that means as to what he has to do to become that player remains to be seen, but I try not to judge their all-time status until all is said and done. LBJ is only into the middle of his career. He's shown he can still improve his already formidable game. . . . And he could go swirling down the loo with an injury tomorrow. We'll just have to see what transpires.

BYW, let's not forget that Jordan himself struggled for years to get to the promised land. He was mad fun to watch, but didn't hoist a trophy until about the same age that LeBron was when he did the same.

Lots of things would have to go very well for LBJ for that to happen, but I'm not ready to close the door on the possibility.

10-01-2013, 11:33 AM
BAM! Right there!

Hell, they're still comparing a past his prime Kobe to Lebron today. What do people think the comparison would be if Kobe was in his prime today? Like you said, if this was the early 2000's, no one would be even entertaining the thought of Lebron being the undisputed best in the game.

To play the devil's advocate, I'm also not sure MJ would be considered the undisputed best player in the league with prime Kobe, LeBron, Shaq, TD..

For example, when Kobe used to score 81, when he used to drop 40 or 50 like it's nothing on any given night...if Jordan was in the league at the time, surely many people wouldn't consider him better than Kobe going video game on teams.

Jordan isn't all that ahead of those guys as many seem to think IMO.
As great as some players from Jordan's era were, I'd say Kobe, Shaq, Duncan and LeBron are easily better.

SilkkTheShocker
10-01-2013, 11:37 AM
To play the devil's advocate, I'm also not sure MJ would be considered the undisputed best player in the league with prime Kobe, LeBron, Shaq, TD..

For example, when Kobe used to score 81, when he used to drop 40 or 50 like it's nothing on any given night...if Jordan was in the league at the time, surely many people wouldn't consider him better than Kobe going video game on teams.

As great as some players from Jordan's era were, I'd say Kobe, Shaq, Duncan and LeBron are easily better.

You got to remember that he is just a Jordan stan. The only joy he can get out of basketball these days is hoping other players fail.

sportjames23
10-01-2013, 11:43 AM
You got to remember that he is just a Jordan stan. The only joy he can get out of basketball these days is hoping other players fail.

6-0 >>> 2-2

No need for me to hope for Lebron to fail. He already has.

7_cody
10-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Anyone that is even good enough to make it to the NBA should want to be the greatest of all time, let a lone someone as good as LeBron

sportjames23
10-01-2013, 11:48 AM

Bro, MJ was considered the best of the best when the League was stacked with future Hall of Famers and possible Hall of Famers: Robinson, Ewing, Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Payton, Olajuwon, Drexler, Mullin, Miller, Kemp, Wilkins, Shaq, Mourning, Isaiah, etc.

Yeah, I'm thinking he'd still be considered the undisputed best during Kobe's prime, too.

10-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Bro, MJ was considered the best of the best when the League was stacked with future Hall of Famers and possible Hall of Famers: Robinson, Ewing, Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Payton, Olajuwon, Drexler, Mullin, Miller, Kemp, Wilkins, Shaq, Mourning, Isaiah, etc.

Yeah, I'm thinking he'd still be considered the undisputed best during Kobe's prime, too.

The thing is, none of those guys are top 10 of all time.

Kobe, Shaq, Duncan and even LeBron are. Shaq was still young when Jordan still played.
There are also future hall of famers in game today and there have been many during the Kobe/LeBron era.
KG, Dirk, TMac, Nash, Durant, Wade, Melo, Chris Paul, AI, Pierce, Kidd, Rose....those guys really aren't any worse than the ones you mentiond. When you mention Kemp for example, one can easily mention Amare, too...for example.

I think Jordan's greatest competitor was Nique actually. Averaged 29.8 ppg in 45 games vs Jordan.

juju151111
10-01-2013, 12:13 PM
The thing is, none of those guys are top 10 of all time.

Kobe, Shaq, Duncan and even LeBron are. Shaq was still young when Jordan still played.
There are also future hall of famers in game today and there have been many during the Kobe/LeBron era.
KG, Dirk, TMac, Nash, Durant, Wade, Melo, Chris Paul, AI, Pierce, Kidd, Rose....those guys really aren't any worse than the ones you mentiond. When you mention Kemp for example, one can easily mention Amare, too...for example.

I think Jordan's greatest competitor was Nique actually. Averaged 29.8 ppg in 45 games vs Jordan.
Shaq was averaging 28 ppg and 13 rebs and Shaq been in the league 6 years with MJ. Hakeem, Magic, Clyde, bad boys pistons etc... Are all great. Mj n Nique never really guarded each other. You list those players like it surpose to mean something.. I can make a list too.
David Robinson, Hakeem, Bird, Magic, Kareem, Nique, Clyde, Shaq, Ewing, Charles Barkley, Isiah Thomas, Reggie Miller,Stockton/Malone, penny Hardaway, grant hill, ray Allen,Jason Kidd etc.... Mj played against most of those you listed at advance age of 38 with tendonitis and coming off of surgery.He had pretty good showing against all of them.

Legends66NBA7
10-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Just admit you were wrong and jumped on me like brown on rice for something you fabricated in your mind and we be cool afta dat.

I think I already admitted that since I misinterpreted.

No problem here.

It's as simple as just stating their individual production in each of those runs. They weren't even facing similar competition.

SamuraiSWISH
10-01-2013, 12:59 PM
His resume will be crazy, given his star caliber play @ 18 years old directly out of HS. He'll amass many 1st teams, All Star Games, accumulative stats, MVPs and even championships. But he isn't retiring in his prime, and his peak play or actual game isn't as good as peak Jordan. And it most certainly by this point never will be. LeBron has peaked, and he's been in his prime since 2009.

julizaver
10-01-2013, 02:00 PM

Do you ever watched prime MJ play. MJ was far more consistent player any given night than Kobe. Prime MJ was better athlete and better player - offensively and defensively. And MJ had a better career season in terms of scoring, FG %, rebounds, assists, steals and every major category ...

Hoopz2332
10-01-2013, 03:35 PM

Not really. While many would say MJ is the GOAt he's not the hands down undisputed GOAT. It's usually an argument between MJ, Bird and Magic with Russell and Wilt rounded out the top 5. Lebron just has to get into the conversation. Inorder to fully surpass MJ he has atleast get 6 titles or something crazy like a 4-peat for bragging rights.

Budadiiii
10-01-2013, 04:16 PM

He's on an incredibly stacked team relative to his competition.

My argument isn't even about the team's that MJ and LeBron played on as much as it's about how they finished off their run.

Anyone with a brain could hypothetically put 26, 27, 28 year old MJ on today's Heat team in place of LeBron and understand that it would be an EASY three peat. A three peat with no game 7's what so ever.

MJ's discipline and the ability to kill the other team's confidence is just another reality that nerds like you overlook. Go study the stat sheet and tell me why LeBron is better than MJ because of PER. Oh wait... he doesn't even have that. :oldlol:

LeBron is a better teammate and gets more assists, therefore he's better. :oldlol:

Go watch the games you moron. Anybody with just a ****ing ounce of common sense will come to the understanding that MJ is the biggest gamer this league has ever seen and had the lowest amount of lapses through out his career than anybody. You can back up LeBron with stats against almost everyone EXCEPT MJ. And when you actually factor in the intangibles, the mental aspect, and the ability to perform in the most important games that define who you really are as a human being... MJ comes out on top 10 times out of 10.

Go study some more box scores. You lack the intuitive understanding it takes to be a successful human being.

plowking
10-01-2013, 07:08 PM
MJ was just better, period. That's all there is to it.

Undefeated in the Finals. Never shit the bed on the grandest stage in basketball. Never let some scrubs call him a bitch to his face. Never had to be bailed out.

And I'm not even getting into all the individual and team awards he still has over Lebron.

You're a shitty poster at the best of times, but this is gold.

LOL at you thinking Jordan hasn't been called a bitch on the court. You know Reggie was talking shit to him all the time. LOL at acting like Shawn Marion is a scrub.
LOL at never getting bailed out. Guess Jordan didn't go missing in the 96 finals? Or shoot 5-19 in the closeout game and his team still won it for him? :oldlol:
LOL at undefeated in finals being another stipulation that is apparently a must have for a GOAT candidate. I guess its Lebron's fault he lost to the Spurs in 2007? Clearly he was expected to win that, and once he lost as a 23 year old, he was automatically disqualified as the GOAT? :oldlol: at your stupid ass logic again.

No way, Jordan has more awards over Lebron? Well sheesh, I guess Lebron has no shot in catching up, right? Oh wait, he has another 10 years of basketball to go...

You've been made to look silly. Now go back to bandwagoning on the Bulls while living in Florida. :oldlol:

Fiasco
10-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Too late.

juju151111
10-01-2013, 10:24 PM
You're a shitty poster at the best of times, but this is gold.

LOL at you thinking Jordan hasn't been called a bitch on the court. You know Reggie was talking shit to him all the time. LOL at acting like Shawn Marion is a scrub.
LOL at never getting bailed out. Guess Jordan didn't go missing in the 96 finals? Or shoot 5-19 in the closeout game and his team still won it for him? :oldlol:
LOL at undefeated in finals being another stipulation that is apparently a must have for a GOAT candidate. I guess its Lebron's fault he lost to the Spurs in 2007? Clearly he was expected to win that, and once he lost as a 23 year old, he was automatically disqualified as the GOAT? :oldlol: at your stupid ass logic again.

No way, Jordan has more awards over Lebron? Well sheesh, I guess Lebron has no shot in catching up, right? Oh wait, he has another 10 years of basketball to go...

You've been made to look silly. Now go back to bandwagoning on the Bulls while living in Florida. :oldlol:
How did Mj go missing in 96 finals dumbass. The bulls were up 3-0. Lol at bailed out. The bulls were going to win the Sonics just didn't want to go out like a bitch. No team ever came back from 3-0. How about LJ choking like a bitch in 2011. One of the worse changeske jobs ever by a superstar.

HoopsFanNumero1
10-01-2013, 10:45 PM
How did Mj go missing in 96 finals dumbass. The bulls were up 3-0. Lol at bailed out. The bulls were going to win the Sonics just didn't want to go out like a bitch. No team ever came back from 3-0. How about LJ choking like a bitch in 2011. One of the worse changeske jobs ever by a superstar.

You seem upset.

plowking
10-01-2013, 10:55 PM

They won in 6... Once Payton switched on to Jordan, it became a series. They sure as hell didn't win the series because of Jordan's great games to wrap up the series.

Yeah, Bron choked? So what?
I'm not hear spilling emotions like some posters. I'm just calling them out on their dumb criteria's.

Lebron23
10-01-2013, 11:30 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Back to Back to Back. Let's Go Heat!!!