PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft movie got a release date!

jamal99
10-01-2013, 06:25 PM
It's official!

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/october/WoWMovieIsReal.png

Really looking forward to it :rockon:

Bcogswell
10-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Its only been talked about being made for years, I'm surprised they are actually making it.

Inactive
10-01-2013, 06:32 PM
If they made it 10 years ago it might've been good. They turned really cartoony with WC3, and even more so with WoW. It would be hard to take a movie set in that world seriously.

jamal99
10-01-2013, 06:36 PM
If they made it 10 years ago it might've been good. They turned really cartoony with WC3, and even more so with WoW. It would be hard to take a movie set in that world seriously.
WC3 RoC and TFT would certainly make a serious movie, WoW not so much and I'm not fan of WoW so I hope they don't go for that...

Want to see Illidan kicking some ass!

MavsSuperFan
10-01-2013, 06:46 PM
I cant wait for this scene in theaters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr7A19TPN_k

andremiller07
10-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Will it be a cartoon movie or something like Lord of the Rings? Either way I'm watching it 100% would prefer cartoon but still.

Bcogswell
10-01-2013, 06:47 PM
I think its far more likely the game is based on WoW and not one of the original Warcraft games. :confusedshrug:

Derka
10-01-2013, 06:51 PM
I cant wait for this scene in theaters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr7A19TPN_k

I've heard tell that the goal isn't to tell a Warcraft story that's already been told in the games. The writers are telling an original story, but it will feature several characters we already know. Its got to be something set in a post-Mists world that somehow introduces general audiences to Azeroth.

Yeah, still playing WoW going on nine years now :oldlol:

Bcogswell
10-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Will it be a cartoon movie or something like Lord of the Rings? Either way I'm watching it 100% would prefer cartoon but still.

I want to say it will be animated because some of the cutscenes, and trailers they have released for new patches and or expansions have been really nice quality. But when I see that Colin Farrell has been offered a lead role I can't see it just being for a voice. :confusedshrug:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/09/22/colin-farrell-and-paula-patton-offered-lead-roles-in-warcraft-movie

Bcogswell
10-01-2013, 06:53 PM
I've heard tell that the goal isn't to tell a Warcraft story that's already been told in the games. The writers are telling an original story, but it will feature several characters we already know. Its got to be something set in a post-Mists world that somehow introduces general audiences to Azeroth.

Yeah its going to be an original adaption of a lore story line is my guess, and I agree it makes the most sense promotions wise for it to be based on the current WoW expansion or just after it.

Don't feel bad, i've still got my subscription as well.. even though I haven't played in a few months. :oldlol:

Derka
10-01-2013, 06:55 PM
I want to say it will be animated because some of the cutscenes, and trailers they have released for new patches and or expansions have been really nice quality. But when I see that Colin Farrell has been offered a lead role I can't see it just being for a voice. :confusedshrug:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/09/22/colin-farrell-and-paula-patton-offered-lead-roles-in-warcraft-movie

The budget for this movie is somewhere in the low $200 million range. I'm thinking with that kind of scratch, they could be going Avatar-style action. Digitize the world and the characters, put real actors in the suits and let them play out and interact with actual human actors as much as possible.

Bcogswell
10-01-2013, 06:58 PM
The budget for this movie is somewhere in the low $200 million range. I'm thinking with that kind of scratch, they could be going Avatar-style action. Digitize the world and the characters, put real actors in the suits and let them play out and interact with actual human actors as much as possible.

If thats true about their budget then yes, this would be the best method. I just assumed that if it took this long to actually make any moves towards the movie after the rights were given to legendary pictures years ago, they wouldn't have a large budget.

Derka
10-01-2013, 07:02 PM
If thats true about their budget then yes, this would be the best method. I just assumed that if it took this long to actually make any moves towards the movie after the rights were given to legendary pictures years ago, they wouldn't have a large budget.

I think the Blizzard folks were horribly particular about who was writing/directing this thing. They waited for years to settle on Sam Raimi and then he just took every project in the universe and ignored Warcraft. Duncan Jones is an interesting decision. We'll see I guess.

Bcogswell
10-01-2013, 07:04 PM
I think the Blizzard folks were horribly particular about who was writing/directing this thing. They waited for years to settle on Sam Raimi and then he just took every project in the universe and ignored Warcraft. Duncan Jones is an interesting decision. We'll see I guess.

Hopefully its worth the wait, it comes out around the same time as some other big named releases like Avengers 2, Superman vs Batman, and the New Jurassic Park movie.

MavsSuperFan
10-01-2013, 07:07 PM

:cry: :mad: :cry: :(

Why cant they just tell the story of Arthas.

and end the movie with this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMRhnC4-QGQ

why cant they just give the fans what they want.

Bcogswell
10-01-2013, 07:14 PM

It would make for a good movie, but its not likely to happen. I wonder how successful this movie will be and if there will be any more warcraft movies to follow.

jamal99
10-01-2013, 07:21 PM

God damn it, I want movie with Arthas and Illidan so bad...
Who gives a **** if we already know the story, I'd pay to watch it anyway.

bdreason
10-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Pandas vs. Orcs?

Movie is going to suck. :oldlol:

Bcogswell
10-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Pandas vs. Orcs?

Movie is going to suck. :oldlol:

If you say it like that, it sounds dumb yes.

This was the trailer they made for the last patch they released: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slzQOyS5TqQ

MavsSuperFan
10-01-2013, 07:40 PM

This was the trailer they made for the last patch they released: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slzQOyS5TqQ
I really hope that isnt what the movie is going to be like.
Just make a movie about arthas

and include
the Culling of Stratholme
killing of Terenas
and fall to darkness.

That movie would have all the fans of the series instantly. Its a cash cow waiting to be milked.

bdreason
10-01-2013, 07:41 PM

WoW will be a F2P MMO mostly played in Asia by 2015. This movie should have been made 5+ years ago.

Bcogswell
10-01-2013, 08:01 PM
WoW will be a F2P MMO mostly played in Asia by 2015. This movie should have been made 5+ years ago.

I agree that it should have been made a while ago, before their subscriptions started to fall.

Bcogswell
10-01-2013, 08:03 PM
I really hope that isnt what the movie is going to be like.
Just make a movie about arthas

and include
the Culling of Stratholme
killing of Terenas
and fall to darkness.

That movie would have all the fans of the series instantly. Its a cash cow waiting to be milked.

I hope the movie isn't like that either, just used it to show that its not as bad as "panda vs orcs" makes it sound like.

I get that you really want it to be Arthas orientated but no matter what direction they decide to take the movie it will most likely be a cash cow.

jamal99
10-01-2013, 08:09 PM
I agree that it should have been made a while ago, before their subscriptions started to fall.
But even former subscribers will watch the movie, also people who played RoC and TFT.

Graviton
10-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Appeal of WoW died after Wotlk. They went from rich interesting lore and challenging gameplay to trying to appeal to the Chinese market, it went from serious to cartoonish kiddie shit with the Pandas and all the "good/evil" themes. They started treating their player base like little children, and I guess that's what most of them are nowadays if you take the Asian market into account.

The movie should be set around Burning Crusade-Wotlk time Arthas and Illidan are their best characters. Everything after Wotlk is just trash.

Droid101
10-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Who would watch this other than currently-subscribed WoW nerds?

It's A VC3!!!
10-01-2013, 10:17 PM
only wow subs would watch this move and wow has 8 million subs right now. at $15 a ticket, if every wow sub watched it, they would earn $120 million from ticket sales. i don't think this movie will be profitable. i think only half of wow's subs will watch the movie.

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
10-01-2013, 10:19 PM
World of Warcraft is gay. They should make a league of legends movie.

Derka
10-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Who would watch this other than currently-subscribed WoW nerds?

Nerd fans of the fantasy genre eat this kind of shit up. People who played the other Warcraft games.

Bcogswell
10-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Yeah it would be the fans of fantasy films and not just people that have played the game. And you say 8m people will watch this based off of subscriptions, but is every single subscriber going to watch it alone? I think its much more likely they will bring someone with them. :confusedshrug:

jamal99
10-01-2013, 11:07 PM
World of Warcraft is gay. They should make a league of losers movie.
fix'd

ukballer
10-02-2013, 02:55 AM
I hope the fact they've waited a long time to get this done means the effects will be epic, but I feel they missed the boat on this one when WoW and the Warcraft franchise was at it's peak. The timing confuses me a little, but hey, hoping it'll be good.

jamal99
11-04-2015, 05:32 PM
First teaser is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA_8TY9Z5Zg

It's pretty short, but I think it looks really good. They've kept somewhat cartoony style and stayed true to their games instead of going full realistic with cgi.

More footage should come out this Friday, can't wait to see it...

Alamо
11-04-2015, 05:36 PM
I hope the fact they've waited a long time to get this done means the effects will be epic, but I feel they missed the boat on this one when WoW and the Warcraft franchise was at it's peak. The timing confuses me a little, but hey, hoping it'll be good.

Actually it'll probably make a lot of ppl who quit wanna play again

NBAplayoffs2001
11-04-2015, 05:41 PM
I used to play vanilla WoW in like 2006. Kind of miss it, discontinued my account b/c $15 a month seemed pretty crazy since I also played a lot of other video games on my xbox at the time. If the game was like runescape and $5 a month, I would have done it in a heartbeat. $60 a year isn't too bad compared to $180.

bdreason
11-04-2015, 05:47 PM
Only a decade too late.

jamal99
11-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Only a decade too late.
Not sure about that. Every person who played Warcraft games or WoW will probably watch this movie and if it's good, more regular movie-goers will watch it and some former WoWwill go back to play WoW again. It could be a pretty good move for Blizzard.

NBAplayoffs2001
11-04-2015, 06:01 PM
Not sure about that. Every person who played Warcraft games or WoW will probably watch this movie and if it's good, more regular movie-goers will watch it and some former WoWwill go back to play WoW again. It could be a pretty good move for Blizzard.

Game has changed way too much. Most WoW players back then are older and probably have moved on with their lives. The two I know of personally who were hardcore vanilla WoW players quit around 2009 and are now out of college, working full time. I doubt they could careless about playing WoW again. I remember playing the one that levels up to 90 and felt it was way different than the WoW game I picked up about 10 years ago.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Game has changed way too much. Most WoW players back then are older and probably have moved on with their lives. The two I know of personally who were hardcore vanilla WoW players quit around 2009 and are now out of college, working full time. I doubt they could careless about playing WoW again. I remember playing the one that levels up to 90 and felt it was way different than the WoW game I picked up about 10 years ago.

:biggums: I get the game has changed since Vanilla. I'm a wrath baby who started at the age of 11 or 10 but you older generation player have to stop acting like Vanilla was some sort of paradise. Fact! Wow was at its peak in Wrath and Cata especially Cata because of the revolution of twitch streaming.
I don't play wow anymore because they honestly neutered the game to the point where even playing something as calming and relaxing as the auction house feels like a waste of time But, come on some people still enjoy the game. Personally I'll try Legion when it comes out hoping the fix the professions and classes they fked up in WOD>

jamal99
11-07-2015, 01:19 AM
Official trailer got released on Blizzcon today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rxoz13Bthc

I can't say I'm impressed, but it doesn't look bad and like I said earlier, I dig the style, it stays true to Warcraft games. Story seems a bit cliche, at least I hope there's a lot of epic scenes...

Smoke117
11-07-2015, 01:31 AM
I have a feeling this is going to be a massive bomb. I could care less about Warcraft, but the fact that Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code) is directing makes me curious about it.

jamal99
11-07-2015, 01:40 AM
I have a feeling this is going to be a massive bomb. I could care less about Warcraft, but the fact that Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code) is directing makes me curious about it.
I think too many people played Warcraft/WoW for it to massively bomb.

Smook B
11-07-2015, 01:41 AM
Same old cliche story " How dare you join the humans." :lol :facepalm

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-07-2015, 03:46 AM
Same old cliche story " How dare you join the humans." :lol :facepalm

Fak off if you've never played Warcraft

:coleman: :coleman: :coleman: :coleman: :coleman: :coleman: :coleman: :coleman:

bigkingsfan
11-07-2015, 04:05 AM
Taking the GF to see this.

Yoda
11-07-2015, 04:07 AM
Poor man's Lord of the Rings this will be.

Shade8780
11-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Looks like bantha poodoo.